• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Lightning Kick

Drake3

Smash Ace
Her FSmash and USmash are mainly useless, and to me are only effective when you throw caution to the wind and hope that luck is on your side.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Definitely nerfed. It'll probably be harder to time and do much less damage/knockback. In the SSE vid, she uses it alot, but it's too blurry to tell if anything's been changed to its structure. She also doesn't connect it to any primid so you can't tell if anything's actually been altered.
There's a video of Zelda fighting in SSE? >_> I never saw that one, link please someone? ^_^

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
B = Nayru's Love. If they aren't going to buff it, it would be better to remove it.

---------

you know i just had an idea after reading that.

i hope somebody else didn't put this because it would sond like i was stealing stuff but whtvr. i ddin't read anything after that.

i was thinking shouldn't they do it like the gaurd thing, so it would be different from foxes but similar, it would last just a couple extra seconds and then you could let go of holding B and if you hold it too long you get the dizzy thing like if you hold gaurd/the "bubble" as i say too long.

good idea?

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
When you are going to get impacted by the wall it appeared like a green barrier a little before you get impacted. I prefer something like that instead of that "diamond".

Zone

Smash Champion
If the others are buffed, why would they lead to kicks? Knockback hasn't been a problem, it's simply connecting attacks, so it's not like Lightning Kick would still be her only finisher. If moves like her forward smash, up smash, and forward tilt can connect better, they'll have the potential for being KO moves. Buffing other moves just makes her kick more situational.

Besides, it's Zelda's style to have powerful magic attacks. They cheated her in melee, as her "reliable and explosive attack power" wasn't at all reliable, and only a few were fairly explosive.
Up smash can't kill anyone good at all >.>. Buffing other moves of course will make things more situational. but If you buff say Down tilt which can poke through shields. and it pops them up higher, make it possible to work around 40-50 instead of the normal 80+ dmg, and if it pops them up that early that's 1 easier K.O. there. If they buff her Up+tilt to end faster, well. That's another potential kick. however you can't kick out of upsmash until they are at a good percentange.

Edit: I don't agree with nerfing Zelda's kick btw. I'm just trying to answer ur question on why to nerf it. and Speculating why people think that.

I have to agree with you on this one. I find the tilts to be a lot more reliable than the smashes actually. With the exception of the down tilt and the down smash, I prefer tilts. They have a better chance of hitting, or at least I think so.
Uptilt is more reliable than up-smash to hit through an enemys attack for piority. Up smash is alot more useful because you can do it out of shield. Side smash is way more safer than tilts, but Tilts are more rewarding depending on the situation. As long as you don't spam forward smashes it's not super easy to catch and DI out of. Most of the time I'm catching people charging at me, using it kinda like people use jabs for most characters.

IF your opponent knows the concept of baiting, using tilts is going to get you pwned. but not so bad you can't use em. Just use them when your sure they could connect. Otherwise go for the faster smashes, jabs, and spaced kicks. some Naryu's love out of shield, or upsmash out of shield.

Smash Ace
Man I don't even care. I hope Zelda is broken next time around so I can playyyy her all the time without having to try hard.
QFT. actually, any broken character would be sweet.
=2007=

Zone

Smash Champion
QFT. actually, any broken character would be sweet.
=2007=
Broken characters aren't sweet >.>; The only thing keeping a game like melee from being near perfect, is balance, and a little more depth to the already deep game couldn't hurt.

If there are like 3-5 broken characters and everything is untournament worthy to try and win with. I'll be sorely dissappointed. if there has to be a couple really crap characters lets keep that # low >.>

wishing zelda broken just so you don't have to "Try hard" that's asking alot. People who play marth have to try hard, and Fox, and Falco. It's not like they do their disgusting combos with 3 buttons. All the top tiers have to try hard to win. For your "Don't want to try hard" she would need to be extremely broken, with a somewhat ez infinite(s). which imo would be lame. I don't feel cool beating pple with something so broken I don't have to think. it's degrading.

upex

Smash Cadet
I hope they dont nerf zeldas kick becuase that was the one move that was actually ok for her. The other movers were pretty usless. If they do make it worse then they should buff all of her other moves to make up for it.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
upex: That would be the very goal of a re-balance; to discourage over-reliance on one move, and make the others more interesting/worth using.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
I hope they dont nerf zeldas kick becuase that was the one move that was actually ok for her. The other movers were pretty usless. If they do make it worse then they should buff all of her other moves to make up for it.
Zelda had a few other decent moves..

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Her Usmash and Dsmash were decent. And her dash was pretty effective too. Her Ftilt wasn't that bad either, c'mon give her some more credit :p

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting it to be nerfed as well it was practically her only KO move. Though i'm expecting a buff towards her other moves so eventually she be more balanced out. Even if it was a powerful move most opponents expected it because Zelda users usually spam lightning kicks (i'm guilty of that). Zelda needs to have more versatility rather then relying on that one kick. To mix it up rather then trying to land a kick every other move which people seem to catch on to. Not literally every other move but you get what I mean.

Don't get me wrong though she does have other decent moves as Pyoroth and Ztarfish mentioned I think her down smash is useful for edgeguarding and keeping opponents back. I love her dash attack and tilts except her down tilt. Though hopefully they fix her forward and up smash a bit so it can't be easy to get out of.

Also one more thing reading some of the older responses it feels some people think if they weaken the lightning kick they will keep her other moves the same. Um why would they do that she was already weak in Melee why would they make her even worse? Maybe I was reading it wrong so if I was I apologize.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I agree, her multihit moves either need to stop being multihit or be harder to get out of. Her smashes would've been decent for killing if you could ever get the last hit in. This needs to be fixed.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Zelda did have some decent moves in Melee. However, they were just so SLOWWW.
Zelda was a major timing character, thus explaining her tier position.

However, I like Zelda's play style. But when I play as her I want something to make me proud and make me feel like its worth playing as her. I'm not sure if they're going to nerf the kick or not, but most of her other moves better be buffed considering her play style can't call for weak moves.

Top Bottom