• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
my cousin saw the phantom and was like OMG NEW FINAL SMASH!

I wonder if that's what it really is.
very doubtful. i see no glow on Zelda, nor is the background dimmed, nor is their any other kind of aura around her signifying she's doing something FS-like.

and this'd be a downgrade for her FS. the Light Arrows are very iconic in LoZ games, and it makes sense for Zelda to shoot them for her FS. Phantom Knight wouldn't at all.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Let's talk some buffs I'd like Zelda to have.

Give Zelda a weight of 100. That's 10 higher than currently and puts her on par with Mario and Luigi instead of Peach.
Give her a falling speed on par with Toon Link in Brawl rather than the 4th floatiest in the game.
Give three additional sweetspot frames on each Lightning Kick.
Allow Farore's Wind to pass through limited solid objects, and allow her to change direction to face ledges more easily.
Increase the traveling speed and decrease the cooldown on Din's Fire.
Give her SSmash and USmash gravitational properties that suck foes in, preventing easy DI's.
Improve her running speed to around the 28-30 mark (this should apply to Link too) so that she runs about as fast as Ike and Kirby instead of being third slowest in the game.

What does this resolve?
1. Her terrible recover and its awful ledge sweetspot are easier to overcome.
2. Din's Fire is a more reliable projectile.
3. The lightning kicks allow her aerial game to be more consistent so she doesn't whiff as often at crucial times.
4. She is no longer as slow, floaty and light as she is now; three characteristics associated with failure in Smash, as she and Mewtwo prove.
5. Her smash attacks are more deadly.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I was looking through Zelda's concept art for inspiration on alternate costumes, and I came across a couple that would be really cool to see (even if they're probably not happening).

I don't expect these in the least, but here's the LoZ Concept Art:

ALttP:

Those last two I really want to see. The former more than the latter, but what do you all think?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I was looking through Zelda's concept art for inspiration on alternate costumes, and I came across a couple that would be really cool to see (even if they're probably not happening).

I don't expect these in the least, but here's the LoZ Concept Art:

ALttP:

Those last two I really want to see. The former more than the latter, but what do you all think?
Men ALttP Zelda is so damn cute!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Not sure, the TP Zelda is the only one I've ever liked. Maybe the OoT one.
Ocarina of Time Concept Art:

(^ I really like this one ^)

Twilight Princess Concept Art:

I like the latter two more than the former.

Bonus:

They almost made link an adolescent, but decided on the adult design. I really quite like him here, but I'm glad they went with the adult design.

Which of the Zeldas do you like the most?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Ocarina of Time Concept Art:

(^ I really like this one ^)

Twilight Princess Concept Art:

I like the latter two more than the former.

Bonus:

They almost made link an adolescent, but decided on the adult design. I really quite like him here, but I'm glad they went with the adult design.

Which of the Zeldas do you like the most?
I also love OoT Zelda, but this beats every other design:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Surrendered herself to Zant without resistance.
Did little to nothing to help her people out.
Left basically everything to Midna in assisting Link.
Sacrificed herself to Midna cause she's worthless.
But suddenly Ganondorf got hold of her carcass somehow which is all terribly unexplained.
Wants to 'help' you but you'd be far better of if she'd hand you those damn Light Arrows and make you use it yourself.
Claims to be all involved in the ending scene with Midna.

Midna was more of a Zelda than Zelda in Twilight Princess. They might as well have called it Legend of Midna.
thats why TP zelda is so awesome she sacrificed herself for her kingdom and nearly killed herself to save it and midna

It's really unclear at the moment (Zelda's also doing the same pose in another picture without any Darknut).

I'm guessing it will be cleared up by Sakurai a couple of days from now.
thats not a darknut it's a phantom from spirit tracks and only spirit tracks so it would be kind of weird if it was a move

Damn they separated Zelda Sheik! I blame you Diddy lol

I really hope this is just how they're showing it for now but if they really did separate Zelda/Sheik.........o well
They better op Zelda now
zelda and sheik werent revealed together when brawl was coming out and if you look at one of the screenshots zelda is doing sheiks pose three fingers and all so maybe thats a hint of whats to come

Sigh... I wasnted SS zelda and not TP.... again....
I hope they make toon zelda with a tetra transformation at the very least.... And which Link is that anyway? I mean that's SS link right? Why not have SS zelda as well?
sorry dude thats TP link

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
thats not a darknut it's a phantom from spirit tracks and only spirit tracks so it would be kind of weird if it was a move
Why would it be weird? It's not like most of zelda's moves have been in multiple games.

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
I really liked that first twilight princess Zelda more
It would have been cool
But I wished they had an OoT Zelda too
I like her in her heels rather than boots

tsuchinoko

Smash Rookie
Her new outfit looks thinner than the Brawl version, like it would allow her to move around more freely. I really like it.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Hopefully she will move faster. I can't actually wait now to find out what the tier list will look like.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER

New smash attack, awesome. Looks like it will be promising, hence Sakurai stated it is strong.

Wait, is her left leg sticking through her dress?

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i guess the attacks go:
weak attack/jab: A
strong attack/tilt: side A
SMASH ATTACK/smash attack: smash A

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Zelda looks so awesome this time around. She's truly beautiful, as seen in the shot with her, Link, and the blue fairy.

My biggest hope for her, move-wise, is that Farore's Wind has better control. Maybe it's me sucking at it, but if I'm falling off the edge of the stage and try to use it, I almost always come up right under the edge and thus fall to my death. So many self-destructs.... so... many....

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
Zelda looks so awesome this time around. She's truly beautiful, as seen in the shot with her, Link, and the blue fairy.

My biggest hope for her, move-wise, is that Farore's Wind has better control. Maybe it's me sucking at it, but if I'm falling off the edge of the stage and try to use it, I almost always come up right under the edge and thus fall to my death. So many self-destructs.... so... many....
I Agree fully

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, I must agree that Farore's should be controllable right after she reappears while she's doing that spin. (See Project M) It would on its own make Farore's feel a thousand times more useful for recovery.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

You're not the only one, but I don't think it's a huge deal.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
You're not the only one, but I don't think it's a huge deal.
i believe so. i get so frustrated when i use faoras wind right at stage level but someone edge guards me and i dont have the horizontal air speed to dirft back to the stage.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
her recovery is alright, just her helpless aerial movement needs a buff. like how incredible lucas' horizontal helpless aerial speed is.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Surrendered herself to Zant without resistance.
Did little to nothing to help her people out.
Left basically everything to Midna in assisting Link.
Sacrificed herself to Midna cause she's worthless.
But suddenly Ganondorf got hold of her carcass somehow which is all terribly unexplained.
Wants to 'help' you but you'd be far better of if she'd hand you those damn Light Arrows and make you use it yourself.
Claims to be all involved in the ending scene with Midna.

Midna was more of a Zelda than Zelda in Twilight Princess. They might as well have called it Legend of Midna.
And people say Peach is the useless one?

Improve her running speed to around the 28-30 mark (this should apply to Link too) so that she runs about as fast as Ike and Kirby instead of being third slowest in the game.
It's kinda hard to run in a dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom