• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Zelda Zelda...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnietheboywonder

Smash Apprentice
My main ^_^

Anyway here's the point of this topic...

Um, Sheik is a dude, not a girl T_T The only reason they say "her" is because they are referring to Zelda.....Sheik is Zelda's alter ego, a dude...

And I highly doubt that they took Sheik out of Brawl. Just because Zelda is TP based doesn't mean they are completely changing her moves, they are keeping Shiek, we just have to wait for them to announce it :)

And I don't want them to make Sheik a seperate character like some of you want, I use both Zelda and Sheik at the same time in melee :cool:

fin...

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
this topic is pointless, so many shiek threads on the zelda room!

Sheik WILL be in the game, 99.9% chance as playable, though it is debatable whether seperate or with zelda, i personally hope seperate since it would give zelda more playtime AND keep continuity, but theres no point in debating b/c it could go either way.

Shiek WILL be in playable in some form, nerfed (VERY likely), end of discussion

sorry if that was a flame but I'm tired of all of the shiek threads

vesperview

Smash Hero
Um, Sheik is a dude, not a girl T_T The only reason they say "her" is because they are referring to Zelda.....Sheik is Zelda's alter ego, a dude...
So Zelda is a hermaphrodite? lol, Sheik's gender is female, she is just Zelda disguised as a man.

Sheik WILL be in the game, 99.9% chance as playable
Sheik doesn't have 99.9% of chance to return, many people doubt her.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman

actually im starting to think many people have a small grudge against sheik and want her out for that reason, but their is no reason to doubt her return or have any more doubt than c.falcon or ness, or even luigi's return. sheik is a good character on one side ppl realize that on the other people say that either out of hate towards sheik or they suck going against sheik and the middle which are zelda fans that go either way according to what character they like most.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Sheik is a Zelda, Zelda is a girl, therefore Sheik is a girl. I don't see why Zelda would need a gender swap if she's only disguising herself.

Sorry guys, your favorite character to use is a girl and thus your sexuality is to be doubted. :laugh: </sarcasm>

I know that Sheik has a good chance at coming back, I just hope players aren't allowed to ignore Zelda like they did in Melee.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
The thing is, does anyone actually hate playing as Shiek?

The only reason people doubt it is because she was broken last time, which obviously they'll try not to repeat if she does show herself. Or because it "doesn't make sense" in a game that ignores the fact that sense exists. What other reasons do people doubt her? They don't want her to be in Zelda's moveset, but apart from that, she's a popular character with a strong SSBM fanbase (on this forum you wouldn't think so though...) so there's no reason for real doubt. No firm factors to doubt her return.

But yeah, this thread had no need to have been made, there are already lots like it.

Iris

Smash Ace
The only reason people doubt it is because she was broken last time, which obviously they'll try not to repeat if she does show herself. Or because it "doesn't make sense" in a game that ignores the fact that sense exists. What other reasons do people doubt her? They don't want her to be in Zelda's moveset, but apart from that, she's a popular character with a strong SSBM fanbase (on this forum you wouldn't think so though...) so there's no reason for real doubt. No firm factors to doubt her return.
Uh, wrong. There's plenty of reasons to doubt her.

First, Zelda's lack of update and exclusion from the demo is far from coincidence. If things were the same as Melee she'd have a confirmed moveset or Final Smash by now. There's no reason to say she wasn't finished or something, because she was the first confirmed veteran outside of trailers. Silence says a lot.

Second, Sheik's role as a Nintendo persona isn't very significant. If Ness is out, which he almost certainly is, then you can't sincerely expect some one like Sheik to stay in. Nintendo's just got much more going on for them that they would probably prefer to use characters that better represent the face of Nintendo.

Third, yeah, continuity. There isn't just one Zelda in the Zelda series. There's many, and attaching two different Zeldas from different games doesn't make as much sense as, oh say, the one and only Samus removing her suit to reveal Samus. Maybe it's not a huge factor but it's definitely something they would consider.

Fourth, Zelda's a lot deeper than a specific alter-ego and basing her focus and appeal off a disguise from one game is basically taking a dump on her identity. Hopefully they're aware that Zelda should be recognized as "That princess/heroine from the hit series the Legend of Zelda, which is named after her" rather than "that chick who can also turn into a ninja."

Fifth, the concept of the Zelda/Sheik transformation is already being used in multiple aspects with other characters. Pokemon Trainer switches between very different characters with Down B and Samus has Zero Suit Samus as a transformation that picks up on her slack when you want to use a agile damage-racker instead of a less mobile tank.

How can anyone say there's more evidence for Sheik's return than against? Sure, she's neither disconfirmed or confirmed right now, but she's definitely not a shoe-in.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah she's no shoe-in, but there's so hard evidence either way. There's doubt, but if she's popular, that kind of overrules everything doesn't it? If Sakurai wants her in, she's in, no other factors matter.

Silence says a lot, but do you know what else says a lot? We all know Captain Falcon will probably return, but he's not been revealed yet. Not to mention Zelda wasn't revealed for AGES after Shiek was revealed for Melee.

Ness would be leaving because he has a replacement, & Sakurai likes Mother 3. Sakurai. Shiek doesn't have a replacement, & we have no reason to think that Sakurai dislikes Shiek.

Third, continuity shouldn't even be considered a factor, NOTHING about Smash Bros makes sense, the whole point of the game doesn't make sense, as far as continuity goes, why should this be any different? Besides, if Sakurai wants Shiek in the game, she's in.

Fourth, then why not a seperate character slot? Or balance the characters more like the promised Melee characters.

Fifth, so what? Zelda/Shiek is the original, plus it's only ZSS (which is very much the same person, not even a disguise) & Pokémon Trainer, which is almost as unique as the first time were saw Shiek/Zelda. They're all pretty different systems if you ask me.

As I said, there's no solid evidence against it, & some people may use those reasons for doubt, but if everyone actually likes using Shiek in Melee, then it doesn't make a difference.

Iris

Smash Ace
Popularity is important, but Sakurai's unable to act completely on player's impulses or else this game would be far different.

If you look at the theories other have had, Captain Falcon could be kept secret simply because he was an unlockable in SSB64. Either way, unlike Sheik, he doesn't have a counterpart that you know for a fact is present, so keeping silent about him completely isn't as defining as keeping silent about an already confirmed character.

Who's to say Sheik doesn't have a replacement? Maybe an unknown character, or perhaps they figure ZSS is close enough of a replacement to scrap her. Either way, that disguise still unimportant to Nintendo, it'd be the equivalent of putting Lanky Kong in as a playable character.

It's a crossover games, so saying stuff like "it doesn't make sense because Kirby and Link are from different planets and would never fight" means nothing. The characters themselves make plenty of sense in respect to their own games, but if you want a crossover game then you're going to have to have scenarios that would normally never happen with different people. The identities are continuous, just not the scenario.

Even if they were balanced, Zelda would still be known for something very insignificant to her. Separate slots would be possible, but that goes back to my second point.

Well, the system didn't really work in Melee, so it makes sense that they wouldn't repeat it. Even if Zelda and Sheik were the original transforming duo, they were never guaranteed to stay that way, especially now that the idea's being used for multiple characters.

I agree with your last point though. It doesn't make a difference because we'll always have Melee. :D

ronnietheboywonder

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Ness is out, the reason they haven't announced him and Sheik, and Luigi, and Jigglypuff, C. Falcon, Ganondorf, etc... is cause they are secret characters, duh!

This is also why they haven't announced Lucario...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I doubt Ness is out, the reason they haven't announced him and Sheik, and Luigi, and Jigglypuff, C. Falcon, Ganondorf, etc... is cause they are secret characters, duh!

This is also why they haven't announced Lucario...
C Falcon , and Ness were starters in Melee. I doubt they would return to unlockable status in Brawl.
If they're in , they'll be starters , but I'm guessing Ness is out.
I also doubt Sonic , and snake are starters , along with De De De(sp?). Unlockables are being shown on Dojo , along with Starters.

Also , I'm pretty sure Nintendo hasn't ever revealed Sheik's gender , so it's debatable. He/she/ it is most likely just Princess Zelda disguising herself as a male Sheikah , but you can never be too sure xD
In the melee guide he/she/it is a she , but that's not canon.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I think it's kind of strange how people think it doesn't make sense that Zelda hasn't been updated on the Brawl homepage. I like to think that Sakurai was planning to sooner (then again, who knows..?), but then the delay *spits* came up. The fact that the site is updated every day is HUGE. There's only so much that they can reveal before they give away all the games details. So, they have to spread out what they were planning to show even more. This includes Zelda's page.

Not to mention the fact that they need to keep SOME suspense for the game. Really, if we knew everything there is to know about Brawl right now, let's admit it, our interests would've somewhat faded by Feb. 10.

Actually, I won't be surprised if Sakurai doens't upload her page at all. All the more reason to buy the game and find out, right?

Just a few thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom