• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Tip list

Zone

Smash Champion
Updated Shield play section. Just after the Tag part.

I should make a table of contents perhaps.

I need to do power shield for this section to.

Doesn't power shield make it so you can drop your shield faster once the shield stun ends?

Also projectiles you all think are worth learning to power shield?
falco's Lasers
Link's boomerang
Samus' Missiles
... and?
These are the only things I train myself to powershield. I also try to power shield falco's aerials on my shield

I never really thought about trying to powershield peaches turnips. Anyone do this? I usually just avoid them or catch them or reflect them with nayru's if they are close enough to me.

Magus420

Smash Master
If you PS a physical hit you can interrupt the shield drop with an A or B attack. If you PS a projectile you can't interrupt the drop with attacks, but since there's no hitlag or shieldstun on PS'd projectiles you can move out of it much sooner with a jump/WD or whatever OoS.

With Zelda it's so easy to PS that I feel there are few projectiles not worth me PSing (obvious ones being like Fox's lasers and Sheik's needles). If they're being used as cover for their approach they can sometimes set up a kick which is nice. One that comes to mind are the Links' bombs which I've gotten quite a few kick combos off of.

The only instant shield drop related property of powershielding is when you PS a physical attack you can cancel the shield directly into an attack without needing to drop it first. Aside from that your options out of shield work the same, so if you just release shield it works the way it normally would.

Guard on takes 8 frames (you still block starting from 1). Peach's guard off takes 14. If you PS a projectile and just release shield you will lag for either 20 or 21 frames before you can dash directly out of it depending on whether you PSed on frame 1 or 2 (physical PS window is 4 frames and the projectile window is 2).

You would be able to complete a WD and then also start a dash in the time it takes to release shield.

Powershield Projectile:
1) 2 frame window
2) No shield damage
3) No shield hitlag
4) No shield pushback
5) No shield stun
6) Reflects the projectile

Powershield Attack:
1) 4 frame window
2) No shield damage
3) Same shield hitlag
4) More shield pushback than full shield
5) Same shield stun as full shield
6) Allows you to cancel the shield dropping animation with an A or B attack

Zone

Smash Champion
Thanks Magus, Imma buy you a meal if I ever see you in a touranment for all the effort you put into helping other people learn more information.

Imma just put your quote in there for the Powershielding lol. You describe the way things work too good.

EDIT: Magus I coulda swore I powershielded falco's lasers as Marth once and started dashing again nearly immediately after barely even seeing the shield. But you said you need to do a oos option for PS'd projectiles. am I just remembering incorrectly?

Awesome stuff zone
Thanks man, But Cosmos and Magus have put inputs in now. So it's a teamwork thread :D Perhaps we can make the ultimate go to thread for a refresher course, or new players to check out. Combined knowledge is alot better than one man's knowledge. As you can see I only know mind-games/ Theory/ Creativity. I lack in-depth explanations of why certain things happen. Frame data ect.

Magus420

Smash Master
The lack of hitlag and shieldstun and then the shield graphic disappearing when you release could have it show only for a very brief moment, but you should only be able to dash directly out of it after the shield drop ends.

Zone

Smash Champion
The lack of hitlag and shieldstun and then the shield graphic disappearing when you release could have it show only for a very brief moment, but you should only be able to dash directly out of it after the shield drop ends.
Mmmk maybe in my head a shield drop is faster than I see it in my head. I mean as in, I thought it was more laggy than it really is.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Magus what frame window can you input an A or B out of powershield? Does the C stick work? could you for example hold down and do a dtilt out of powershield?

(obviously for powershielded attacks not for projectiles)

as for uses, I can really only think of dsmash out of powershield as a defensive move, maybe fsmash out of shield against laggy attacks

do you think it's worth it to learn to attack out of powershield?

Zone

Smash Champion
Magus what frame window can you input an A or B out of powershield? Does the C stick work? could you for example hold down and do a dtilt out of powershield?

(obviously for powershielded attacks not for projectiles)

as for uses, I can really only think of dsmash out of powershield as a defensive move, maybe fsmash out of shield against laggy attacks

do you think it's worth it to learn to attack out of powershield?
I think it is definitely worth it.

D

Deleted member

I played SCOTU in zelda vs fox yesterday for 1 match. I lost. Fox vs Zelda is gay. lol

Top Bottom