• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Spike

S0FT

Smash Ace
I don't play Zelda alot, but I realy like the character. I'm sure if she was better I would play her more. When I do play her, however; I use not only her f-air and b-air but I will use her spike alot of the edge (if you can call it that). Most opponents arn't ready for that edge gaurd and dont mederate it unless there like under 25% something where they dont fall so fast and even then sometimes not at all.

All the people I play says it sux but every time I land it, it seems to work?!?

Zone

Smash Champion
I don't play Zelda alot, but I realy like the character. I'm sure if she was better I would play her more. When I do play her, however; I use not only her f-air and b-air but I will use her spike alot of the edge (if you can call it that). Most opponents arn't ready for that edge gaurd and dont mederate it unless there like under 25% something where they dont fall so fast and even then sometimes not at all.

All the people I play says it sux but every time I land it, it seems to work?!?
It does suck kinda, and they can meteor cancel it.

But because it sucks people don't expect you to actually use it, therefore they aren't ready to meteor cancel. Use it, It's one of the better options against a vertical traveling fox or falco with up+B from below the stage. Especially if you know they are gonna sweet spot the edge. But if they are above the level recovering kick is your better option.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Every attack has it's opporunity to be used. Keep using the D-air and you'll find out in your own way when to use it. This applies to all moves. And you'll be a smarter and stronger player because of it. :]

Zone

Smash Champion
It's alot ezier to meteor that through a fox fire, than it is to kick a fox fire that's coming from BELOW. That's the only time I really use it.

Edit: If falco is below the stage and he is at the right distance to sweet spot. And your quick enough that meteor will send him down an inch even if he meteor cancels it he's dead. That's alot safer to make sure he dies than holding the ledge, even with invincibility frames and rolling in, who's to say maybe he's higher than you thought, and lands on the edge.

I dunno but I like my garanteed kill(By Garanteed meaning under certain conditions/scenarios). Not to mention you can get two meteors in a row, before needing to recover. Make sure your butt is facing the stage if you plan one doing a Straight vertical recovery >.>;

Top Bottom