• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Don't forget, we're getting 10 orbs for the fortune thing
Unfortunately after the Hero Fest banner but ah well. Hopefully there will be more ways to get free orbs before the gauntlet banners, cause I'll be tapped out otherwise.
Tomorrow's daily orbs will give me enough to summon ;-; I really hope the game decides to redeem itself and give me at least 1 5 Star

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Don't forget, we're getting 10 orbs for the fortune thing
Unfortunately after the Hero Fest banner but ah well. Hopefully there will be more ways to get free orbs before the gauntlet banners, cause I'll be tapped out otherwise.
Tomorrow's daily orbs will give me enough to summon ;-; I really hope the game decides to redeem itself and give me at least 1 5 Star
I haven't done the Path of Radiance quests or finished the lunatic maps for it, so I have at least 10 from those. The issue is of chance where Heroes Fest supposedly has a higher chance for the focus characters. Then again, my luck is get 5* units who aren't on the banner.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
My brother told me to restart my account because it's unsalvagable.

The only units I care about pulling are Takumi, Alm, Azura, and Nowi

I get this
Screenshot_20170505-105846.png

Screenshot_20170505-114237.png

Screenshot_20170505-114251.png

Takumi is literally the main reason why I'm doing this, but instead I got 5 Ryomas from rerolls

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Are we still playing HotS tonight? If so, I'm free after 2:30 pm EST
Okay I'm home and free for the rest of the day now. I'd rather wait for more gorls to join first tho

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Looking at Lyn's artwork again and man, her sword is freakishly small in her attack art. Mani Katti either is a normal katana or a bit shorter if we're going off of Blazing Sword's in-game art, but Heroes makes it look even shorter to around a wakizashi's length. Her idle art's looks fine even though it's sheathed. Also, kind of weird how she's drawn with Mani Katti, but can only use Sol Katti which isn't as iconic. I mean, if she's supposed to have Sol Katti, then draw her with it. Do something like Ogma where he has this giant sword strapped to his back, but he uses Brave Sword which he's also drawn wielding.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hey gorls! Happy Cinco de Bayo!!

This is a friendly reminder that we in Mexico don't actually consider this day a big holiday, not even close.
I don't really mind but a lot of people here might take offense so, be mindful.
:196:

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
This is a friendly reminder that we in Mexico don't actually consider this day a big holiday, not even close.
Anyone who gets between me and free fajitas friday es muy loco.

I don't really know what anyone would be taking offense to, honestly. Nearly all holidays in the US are just excuses to get together, drink merrily, and eat good food.

The only real difference is which hat we put on while doing so.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Lorde Lorde Puddin and I have been playing for about an hour so yew can join us anytime.
Screenshot (350).png
Also Puddin was our main dps the first game as Lucio so ye the healers are bloodthirsty killers now.

Edit:
Screenshot (352).png

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Realized it was past 3 AM, got to 20 orbs, decided to go ahead and summon..

Honestly game, why
I mean sure I got Seliph but I didn't need or want Seliph, of course I got a random 5 Star instead of one of the 4 best heroes in the game that had a 6.25% chance
*sigh*
Oh well...I'm sure something else can go in my Sharena's A Slot.
3 Star Donnel - I don't care
3 Star Stahl - Still don't care
3 Star Gaius - Whatever
3 Star Azama - Lil Puddin Lil Puddin please take him
5 Star Seliph - +HP/-Def. Maxing his HP is nice but I'd prefer a +Atk. Or to at least be -Res instead. Bleeeeh
I'm upset but at least the banner actually gave me something notable

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hey if you gorls are looking for a chuckle lemme provide that for you w/ my latest video.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Hey gorls! Happy Cinco de Bayo!!

:196:
"Do you know the history of Cinco de Mayo?"
"SHUT. THE. Front door and I'll tell you."
"Oooo!"

Anyway, had some friendlies last night and I might consider using Corrin as a secondary. Since I feel like I'm struggling with Bowser and that my timing for his UThrow > UAir kill confirm is always off. :V

Btw, there was a teaser for Rocket Raccoon unveiled for Infinite which is just his Level 3 (Him and Groot are confirmed to be playable. Now we wait for some Capcom characters to be unveiled). Also, a bunch of Injustice 2 DLC got shown as well which is just like the MKX DLC trailers. Sub-Zero, Starfire and Red Hood are confirmed and people are seeing Raiden in the background as a shillouette. So we'll be getting two Mortal Kombat characters who will probably be busted just like Scorpion was in Injustice 1.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lorde Lorde Puddin and I have been playing for about an hour so yew can join us anytime.
Also Puddin was our main dps the first game as Lucio so ye the healers are bloodthirsty killers now.

Edit:
Hopefully we can play again because I just went to bed after nobody answered me for like 5 hours

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I've now beaten Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope again (Beaten it first on the Wii U, now on the Switch).

I sadly died the most on Propeller Knight's stage and I was having a fiddle with the Body Swap mode too. I made Shovel Knight, Black Knight, Plague Knight and Polar Knight female. All I'm missing is one Music Sheet from Treasure Knight's stage.

Then I'll try out Plague Knight: Plague of Shadows afterwards (I ain't gonna bother getting every Feat/Achievement in each game. No point really) and possibly Specter Knight: Specter of Torment afterwards. Though I don't want to get burned out by playing nothing but Shovel Knight. I also tried out the Challenge Mode as well... okay, only one of the challenges from it. Where you have to survive against Propeller Rats for 50 seconds using only the Throwing Anchor. They seem like good time wasters imo, and now we wait for King Knight's campaign and Battle Mode.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I can't decide between promoting Marx to 5* or Cecilia to 5*. I could also promote a Nino to 5* since Cecilia only has the non-plus version of Gronnblade atm, but I think that one can wait.

I'm finished with Cecilia (aside from her weapon) and Marx is almost done (just needs enough SP for Reposition and then for Siegfried)
IMG_1771.PNG
IMG_1772.PNG

After them, I need to work on Reinhardt and then my horse emblem team will be done

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I can't decide between promoting Marx to 5* or Cecilia to 5*. I could also promote a Nino to 5* since Cecilia only has the non-plus version of Gronnblade atm, but I think that one can wait.

I'm finished with Cecilia (aside from her weapon) and Marx is almost done (just needs enough SP for Reposition and then for Siegfried)

After them, I need to work on Reinhardt and then my horse emblem team will be done
Go with Xander. He'll be a lot better once he gets Seig, while Cecilia will just get slightly higher stats. 5* Cecilia after him though, with the blade tomes it isn't THAT important to get the + version of it, it should still obliterate almost everyone with all of your horse buffs.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Did some more grinding, so here is my finished horse emblem team (I just need to do some leveling, 5* Cecilia, and give her Gronnblade+):
IMG_1774.PNG
IMG_1773.PNG
IMG_1771.PNG
The 4th member will just be Aqua or Ninian

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Realized it was past 3 AM, got to 20 orbs, decided to go ahead and summon..
Honestly game, why
I mean sure I got Seliph but I didn't need or want Seliph, of course I got a random 5 Star instead of one of the 4 best heroes in the game that had a 6.25% chance
*sigh*
Oh well...I'm sure something else can go in my Sharena's A Slot.
3 Star Donnel - I don't care
3 Star Stahl - Still don't care
3 Star Gaius - Whatever
3 Star Azama - Lil Puddin Lil Puddin please take him
5 Star Seliph - +HP/-Def. Maxing his HP is nice but I'd prefer a +Atk. Or to at least be -Res instead. Bleeeeh
I'm upset but at least the banner actually gave me something notable
Welcome to the lords with high defense getting -Def club. In my case, Chrom. Same boon too.

Anyway, niche build incoming! Since Tyrfing has a built-in Defiant Defense 1.5 -- Defiant Def 2 gives +5 defense instead of 4 like Tyrfing --, it can meld well with Brash Assault which requires you to be <= 50% HP. Also, Defiant Defense actually stacks with Tyrfing meaning he can have +11 defense when he's in their range. Ideally, you'd want a +Def Seliph so his defense can be as high as possible, but you can also hope for another one if you really want to use Seliph and this gimmicky build. Here's a post about it: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...d-here-thread/&do=findComment&comment=4814262.

Lyn is arguably the best user of Brash Assault because of Sol Katti's innate Desperation 3. Below her, I think it would be 5* Alfonse and 5* Seliph because of their swords having innate Defiant Attack 2 and Defense 1.5, respectively. Seliph would require less work since he'd just need to inherit 2 sets of skills and no feathers if you summon him as a 5* while Alfonse has to work his way up from 2* which does allow him to get a ton of SP, but it's Alfonse -- nobody uses him. :p

Post about Alfonse as a Brash Assault user: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...efore-posting/&do=findComment&comment=4811047.

Anyway, below them, it would be Bartre and Hinata who come with the skills by default, so no real work to be done their and they have the highest defenses compared to the others, especially Lyn. That said, because they don't have legendary weapons, they could fall behind. And right below them would be 4* Seliph and 4*-below Alfonse since while they have the stats to use it, they don't have their legendary weapons and you have to give them Brash Assault. Others would be people like Chrom and whatever slow and tanky units.

Brash Assault is really niche. Quick Riposte is better and safer since you're using it in the "green", but has a lower range. -breaker skills are specific, but have a large range and prevent follow-ups. Brash Assault forces you to be in the red and as the ideal users are tanky and slow, they risk getting doubled to death even when they can use Brash Assault. Also, it doesn't work against units who can't counter them. So, for example, you can't use it to burst down a mage by deliberately taking damage. Desperation just requires that you can double anyway which means if you can double someone, then they're dead regardless if they can hit back or not. But hey, if you have a ton of spare Bartres lying around, then you can make them useful by giving Brash Assault away. Or Fury... Or Smite... Or a Hammer.

Also, speaking of stuff stacking, Death Blow does stack with Durandal's Death Blow 2 meaning you can get +10 attack if you initiate combat: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...ion-and-links/&do=findComment&comment=4820281. And then there's the whole Renewal stacks with Falchion's innate Renewal 2, so you can make them into ghetto healers with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Welcome to the lords with high defense getting -Def club. In my case, Chrom. Same boon too.

Anyway, niche build incoming! Since Tyrfing has a built-in Defiant Defense 1.5 -- Defiant Def 2 gives +5 defense instead of 4 like Tyrfing --, it can meld well with Brash Assault which requires you to be <= 50% HP. Also, Defiant Defense actually stacks with Tyrfing meaning he can have +11 defense when he's in their range. Ideally, you'd want a +Def Seliph so his defense can be as high as possible, but you can also hope for another one if you really want to use Seliph and this gimmicky build. Here's a post about it: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...d-here-thread/&do=findComment&comment=4814262.

Lyn is arguably the best user of Brash Assault because of Sol Katti's innate Desperation 3. Below her, I think it would be 5* Alfonse and 5* Seliph because of their swords having innate Defiant Attack 2 and Defense 1.5, respectively. Seliph would require less work since he'd just need to inherit 2 sets of skills and no feathers if you summon him as a 5* while Alfonse has to work his way up from 2* which does allow him to get a ton of SP, but it's Alfonse -- nobody uses him. :p

Post about Alfonse as a Brash Assault user: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...efore-posting/&do=findComment&comment=4811047.

Anyway, below them, it would be Bartre and Hinata who come with the skills by default, so no real work to be done their and they have the highest defenses compared to the others, especially Lyn. That said, because they don't have legendary weapons, they could fall behind. And right below them would be 4* Seliph and 4*-below Alfonse since while they have the stats to use it, they don't have their legendary weapons and you have to give them Brash Assault. Others would be people like Chrom and whatever slow and tanky units.

Brash Assault is really niche. Quick Riposte is better and safer since you're using it in the "green", but has a lower range. -breaker skills are specific, but have a large range and prevent follow-ups. Brash Assault forces you to be in the red and as the ideal users are tanky and slow, they risk getting doubled to death even when they can use Brash Assault. Also, it doesn't work against units who can't counter them. So, for example, you can't use it to burst down a mage by deliberately taking damage. Desperation just requires that you can double anyway which means if you can double someone, then they're dead regardless if they can hit back or not. But hey, if you have a ton of spare Bartres lying around, then you can make them useful by giving Brash Assault away. Or Fury... Or Smite... Or a Hammer.

Also, speaking of stuff stacking, Death Blow does stack with Durandal's Death Blow 2 meaning you can get +10 attack if you initiate combat: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...ion-and-links/&do=findComment&comment=4820281. And then there's the whole Renewal stacks with Falchion's innate Renewal 2, so you can make them into ghetto healers with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid.
There's no reason not to try and use Seliph, so I'll probably base it on this. Of course I already have plenty of Red Units <-< but I did always like his art in Heroes, and I like his voice too
Speaking of stacking, my Corrin does the same thing as the Eliwood you mentioned, just with Darting Blow. He can double pretty much anything in the player phase which is cool

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There's no reason not to try and use Seliph, so I'll probably base it on this. Of course I already have plenty of Red Units <-< but I did always like his art in Heroes, and I like his voice too.
Yeah, I think everyone has a lot of red units in the game... Well, red sword units. Aversa, random sword knights, random sword sword wyvern riders, more red mages, y'know, anything that is red, but isn't using a sword. Or better, blues, greens, and colorless units. Seriously, where's the 3* to 4* axe knight?

Quick edit here: Well, there are people who are really obsessed with boons/banes and who's the best and worst and they will gladly throw away units just because they're not good. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with an arsenal of units to choose from.

Speaking of stacking, my Corrin does the same thing as the Eliwood you mentioned, just with Darting Blow. He can double pretty much anything in the player phase which is cool
Yeah, but can Corrin glare at you with his bug eyes? I think not! :p

Hmm, do we have anyone with Armored Blow on their weapon? I know Jeorge has Warding Blow as part of Parthia which isn't that great considering his meh resistance. On other units with better defenses, I could totally see them boosting Bonfire/Ignis or Iceberg/Glacies to while being well-protected against units. +10 defense or resistance is 5 to 8 free damage. The minimum of 30 defense or resistance to use those specials effectively means they get 20 to 32 added damage just because they initiated combat. Anyway, I digress.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Watched the Top 3 of Umebura which was KEN, Choco and MK Leo. You can probably tell who won it. :secretkpop:

Also I might play some more Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, since the Battle Mode was so much fun~. But then again, I should probably put in some practice into Smash 4 again.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think I might be trying to break apart Retro City Rampage DX on my 3DS.

I made the game crash twice in Free Roam due to having the game crash by spamming dynamite in one corner (Which also caused my 3DS to restart) and crashed it again by having the camera go all the way down to the bottom of the world while I was at the top of the world.

And now I've broken the game more by figuring out loading zones.

There seems to be only two loading zones from what I've seen so far. And each part loads in different areas of the game.

There's the main hub and the starting area you begin in (Which also hides interior that you originally cannot get to. Only through story progression and some glitched areas too).

This is what it'll look like if you go into an unloaded zone (You can easily get to them with Meat Boy + Sweat Bomb or have the Speed Shoes + Sweat Bomb as Player). You'll load the zone if you pause and unpause. The only things that remain in an unloaded zone are weapon suppliers, collision and doorways to interiors. Everything else (NPC, Cars, Police, Objects and Vending Machines) are unloaded.

What I did find humourous is that I found interior around the corners of the world.

As seen here. You also get NPCs walking around in these loaded areas too. I also found a sewer system that was used during one story mission located at the very bottom of the hub world (Which has a large invisible wall blocking you from getting to it).

I also found this:

It's interesting that you never see NPCs underwater, so maybe this is a relic of that we were originally going to see NPCs underwater in two of the sections you go to. And I also managed to get to a story only area of the hub world due to using Speed Shoes + Sweat Bomb.

This is only accessible from a Story Mode mission if you don't use cheats, where you have to break into an enemy hideout to rescue someone. I was hoping there would be some story elements still in this area in Free Roam, I might have to check it out in Post Game story mode to see if it's still there so I could possibly do some skips with cheats. I also found out the Bank you raid in the first mission of Story mode, actually has a walkable surface on it too. However, I have had no success getting to it, so it's as of now; impossible to get to with cheats until someone finds out a way to get to it.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

Watched the Top 3 of Umebura which was KEN, Choco and MK Leo. You can probably tell who won it. :secretkpop:
I watched a little of Glitch; triples was super fun to watch.

watched "Get Out" today . . . .

jesus . . . .

:150:
Did you not like it?

It wasn't as good as "Cabin in the Woods" from a few years back as far as modern comedic horrors go, but I thought it was an unexpected gem from Peele after how safe his first movie (Keanu) was.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
By "Jesus" do you mean it was terrifying or terrible?
I watched a little of Glitch; triples was super fun to watch.

Did you not like it?

It wasn't as good as "Cabin in the Woods" from a few years back as far as modern comedic horrors go, but I thought it was an unexpected gem from Peele after how safe his first movie (Keanu) was.
I loved the movie. I really appreciate it for what it did. Instead of featuring cliche klansman-esque racists as villains, it showed of different-and more prevalent-kind of racism. This family was infatuated with the idea of "blackness", but still failed to actually appreciate or respect black people as human beings.I feel like I've been stuck in an Armitage dinner party for my entire life. The movie as a whole did a very great job of capturing my anxieties if being a black man in a white space and turning it into a disturbing and entertaining thriller.

:150:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So I tried that Raise website I mentioned a while back to get le orbssssssssss

I never got my Google Play card

And in return they terminated my account

thank ye

Not sure if I got refunded (probably not) but it was only $9 just to test it, so I didnt lose much.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I was a fan of Key & Peele's show, so it's great to hear people liking their current work. Apparently he's signed on now to produce all five of his original concepts, each one about a different "human demon". As a horror fan, it's a great sense of fresh air to see these modern multi-genre horror films coming out over the last few years that aren't all just remakes, zombies, or "Blair Witch Project 23".

Not sure if I got refunded (probably not) but it was only $9 just to test it, so I didnt lose much.
If it was paid by credit card, you could always call them up and cancel the purchase.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Knowing that we'll get variations of characters in FE: Heroes, I wonder when we'll get old school Marth aka pantsless Marth. :p

Top Bottom