• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Hey girls, new Zelda main here. Do any of you think Nintendo will release a skin/model of Smash 4 Zelda? I really miss her TP ***** face:(
Probably not. We have to wait for a powerful Sass Kween to do the Sass Gawdess' divine wurq to create a mod. Our gorl has been nerfed in more ways than one over the years. :^(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eugh had such a good week in AR and somehow lost 3 battles in a row. Missed out on tier 19... :(. Would have made it by winning just two battles.

Need something to deal with Vantage on tanks! (And not accidentally putting level 1 units on my team when I needed it most!)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Need something to deal with Vantage on tanks!
One way is the Hardy Bearing seal. Upgrading it to full gets rid of the HP requirement, so you could slap it on one of your units to neuter Vantage (and Desperation but that's not really that relevant) strats. Aside from the seal, you can either kill the unit in 1 round so vantage doesn't get activated in the first place, or alternatively, just baiting them on the enemy phase with a bulky unit can work in a pinch.

Also, the daggers from the Festival in Hoshido banner have Hardy Bearing built in, but the weapons/the units that carry them are seasonal-locked, so I wouldn't expect you to have access to those.

I saw you accepted my request! I'm the one with the +10 Caeda lead. Nice Klein btw. His refine is incredible, and is probably one of the best we've gotten so far.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Eugh had such a good week in AR and somehow lost 3 battles in a row. Missed out on tier 19... :(. Would have made it by winning just two battles.

Need something to deal with Vantage on tanks! (And not accidentally putting level 1 units on my team when I needed it most!)
If Vantage is the issue, then let them come to you.

It sounds like you don't have your own tanks to just facetank AR/meta cheese. If you make a tank for AR, you have a tank for every mode since AR throws the most (no-reinforcements) cheese per match at you.

You have your F2P choice of:
Oliver
W!Cecelia
Picnic Leo

If you get Null Disrupt, then it's less about taking 0 damage and more about just murdering whoever during return fire. And ofc merges are required. You can easily assume Reinhardt will always be meta - he's been meta since his release over 2 years ago. Along with Bow Lyn and B!Veronica now in the mix. So if you build a unit to beat them, you should be able to beat just about any form of cheese that's not Blade Tome based. However, do note being an armored unit isn't great (1 movement, many slayers) and same goes with cavalry (movement restrictions, slayers as well). Any thicc green or blue or colorless infantry should work for you.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hmm honestly the problem with my anti Vantage looking back is (as usual) is that I haven't played long enough for resources. I only have hardy bearing 1 which ruined got ruined by a lightning trap.

I do have one possible option. I have a large number of Sothe and a Sky Maiougi (from a recent legendary banner) I can fodder to him. Is that any good? Dragons are a nightmare also. I do have a +6 Julia from a freak summoning session in the summer of 2017 lol.

I will be pulling for Keaton on his next banner as he's a super good unit for AR.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think I should play more Fate/Extella LINK. I still need to get all the EX Item Ateilers and get max Bonds with everyone else.

...And make a tier list of it. :secretkpop:

Also, not that long now before we get BBTAG's Update next month. :yeahboi:
Teddie is gonna be real fun to play tbh. Can't wait since I saw some real nasty footage of Teddie, bomb + barrel pretty much shuts everything down for the opponent, if they block the bomb by jumping. You can just DP them and the barrel will continue the combo, you could even just run up to them and hit them with a low to begin a combo while they're in block string by the barrel, or they can just say "Screw this" and take all the damage, or maybe even get a face full of Astral from Teddie. :V

Might as well also leave what I think could be an idea for Neco-Arc's Moveset for BBTAG. I wish someone ripped sprites for her on Mizuumi so I can easily show what each of her moves would be. FeelsBadMan

5AAAAA - 5A>5C>6ABC
5BBB - 5B>5C[Charged]>236A
5C - j2C
2A - 2A
2B - 2B
2C - 2C
DP (A+D) - j.236
236x - 236A/B/C
214x - 22C
j236x - j236A/B/C
j214x - j214A/B/C
236BC - 63214B (Heat)
214BC - Arc Drive
222BC - Arc Drive + Last Arc
4P - 5B[Charged]
5P - 236A
6P - 22C

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Dragons are a nightmare also. I do have a +6 Julia from a freak summoning session in the summer of 2017 lol.
Unique refined Naga has a dragon-only Close Counter and it cancels out their adaptive damage. With its default Bracing Stance 1 being upgraded to 2 with any refine, Julia is going to have a lot of resistance which dragons won't be able to ignore and unless they're running Watersweep for some reason, she will be able to counter attack. Red dragons are probably the only ones who could be okay against her, but they probably will need T-Adept or a ton of resistance to not take a lot of damage from her.

Also, if you have a Deirdre, it might be better not to get Divine Naga and refine it for Julia. Deirdre has higher base resistance and speed than Julia letting her make better use of the unique refinement. It also gives you two different units where Julia is more of an anti-dragon and enemy phase unit while Deirdre is more of a flexible unit.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just spent an hour making a weird stage and found out I can't change the background. :^)

thnx sakurai

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Update on my job hunt:

The principal checked my references today, and then requested that I come visit the school next Tuesday to get a tour of the school and meet the rest of the staff as their "candidate of choice!" I'll be surprised if they don't offer me the job on Tuesday before I leave.

I've got this in the bag, gorls!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Unique refined Naga has a dragon-only Close Counter and it cancels out their adaptive damage. With its default Bracing Stance 1 being upgraded to 2 with any refine, Julia is going to have a lot of resistance which dragons won't be able to ignore and unless they're running Watersweep for some reason, she will be able to counter attack. Red dragons are probably the only ones who could be okay against her, but they probably will need T-Adept or a ton of resistance to not take a lot of damage from her.

Also, if you have a Deirdre, it might be better not to get Divine Naga and refine it for Julia. Deirdre has higher base resistance and speed than Julia letting her make better use of the unique refinement. It also gives you two different units where Julia is more of an anti-dragon and enemy phase unit while Deirdre is more of a flexible unit.
Don't have a Dierdre. I'm probably going to pass on refining Julia's weapon until I can save up some resources. Sucks to be so poor, haha.

I have enough dew in reserve for Celica if I really need her for those ridiculous legendary hero battles.

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Jo, Zelda at 33th place in Pound thanks to Mystearica. She does well on another stacked tourney after Prime Sage. Let's go :3.
25th overall is fantastic, given the amount of top players attending. It's just very unfortunate that Mystearica had to run into a Greninja. I feel like that character will potentially become one of Zelda's worst MUs, if not her worst one. I don't really see any way around it on a conceptual level, it's just chock full of anti-Zelda stuff.

I'm also mad salty I missed the 6WX one. I have no idea how to handle Spin Dash, so it would have been very insightful seeing how Mystearica handled it. Hopefully both Ven and Mystearica attend more after this. I think Ven mentioned he was going to try to do so, so it will be interesting to see how people react, if Zelda can consistently get high placings.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Yes. And too bad Mystearica lost to Mr. E after 5 matches and that wasn't on stream. Would've been really great to see how he manages to get through his Lucina because that MU is kinda rough (but not impossible or very hard like Greninja).
But I agree with you that Sonic is a really annoying character to deal with. Greninja even more, though. Her speed is not that great against him but 6WX is probably the best or second best (after KEN from Japan) Sonic out there.

Next tourney with Ven is Lvl Up Expo on April 26th apparently. Don't know if that true since on Smash.gg it's written that registration is closed on April 29th? I'm a little confused about that one.

And my Switch is currently broken or it looks like it. The recovery methods didn't work out as I expected and I will probably send it to Nintendo to repair or buy a new one depending on how pricy the repair is :(. A new Switch would cost around 300€ (ca. 340$) and I don't know how pricy Nintendo is with the repairs :/.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
A lot of the high placings seem to be that the people fighting Zelda don't really know the MU.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Phantom Knight is more of a curse than a blessing. If she got just a so-so downB she would've had more balancing power to fix the rest of her kit. But having a "moving wall that attacks" pretty much dooms her to be forever mediocre.

Speaking of mediocere, I decided to give Robin a serious try and he's actually more decent than I thought. However, not much better, just a peg higher than my initial assessment. His durability gimmick is really garbage since his abilities don't feel like they should have limits. His magic needs to be looked at and his Levin Sword could either use more reach on some extra durability. Though his Levin Sword isn't really an issue, it's more that he's the only swordie with a non-swordie type Nair (swipes back and forth instead of a huge sweep or spiral cut). If he had a standard good swordie Nair he'd be good enough to offset the fact he's so slow moving.

And my Switch is currently broken or it looks like it. The recovery methods didn't work out as I expected and I will probably send it to Nintendo to repair or buy a new one depending on how pricy the repair is :(. A new Switch would cost around 300€ (ca. 340$) and I don't know how pricy Nintendo is with the repairs :/.
Sorry to hear that hunTy. What happened? :^(

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
I have no idea tbh. Is just went black and it seems that the complete Switch is broken so I have to either repair the whole thing or buy a new one.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Next tourney with Ven is Lvl Up Expo on April 26th apparently. Don't know if that true since on Smash.gg it's written that registration is closed on April 29th? I'm a little confused about that one.
There are other fighting games there, so that's why they have it starting at the 26th. According to the site, Ultimate singles should be on the 27th. Not sure why it goes beyond that though, Ultimate should be the last on the schedule.

Ouch. Call tech support if you haven't already done so, to see if they have any quick fixes, you don't really want to be waiting weeks for them to repair it. Otherwise, my condolences.

Though his Levin Sword isn't really an issue, it's more that he's the only swordie with a non-swordie type Nair (swipes back and forth instead of a huge sweep or spiral cut). If he had a standard good swordie Nair he'd be good enough to offset the fact he's so slow moving.
It was pretty famous in 4, for sending opponents in that incredibly awkward recovery angle and being a good neutral tool. Now that it has a Levin version, it's even better in those aspects. The back swing can also catch air-dodges, so you can trap opponents even harder and stage spike air-dodges off stage. Bronze version is also much better than it initially seems, so don't be afraid to use it more. It's not too super amazing by itself in neutral, use it conjunction with his projectiles and as a combo extender/finisher. It's still fairly decent as a spacing and OoS tool, you just have to be mindful of its remaining uses.

And Ultimate fixed a lot of problems I had with Robin in 4. Robin was my main in 4 and Ultimate basically fixed everything on my wish list, even if they did really dumb things, like making Levin unusable for the first twenty seconds. Every one of Robin's moves has an actual purpose now and can't be SDI'd out of in the most brain dead fashion possible, like in 4. There's now an actual distinction between Arcfire and Arcthunder and all the Thunders have better applications and uses. Ultimate's mechanic changes also make Robin's trapping better than before and can lead to hilarious low percent Elthunder snipes.

Durability was fairly okay in 4, when you had the discarded tomes do insane knockback and shield damage, but it does feel a little more gimmicky in Ultimate. I'm sure there's some decent item play, though. I am going to miss equipped tome and Thoron mind games. That was always hilarious. At least Arcthunder being quicker, makes Arcthunder > Dsmash shield breaks easier.

Robin's pretty good and I'd easily main again, if I wasn't a Zelda main first. It just takes quite a lot of time and experience to fully utilize Robin. You need to both have extensive MU knowledge and extensive knowledge and practice with all of Robin's tools, to really do well. Look up Jul, he's been doing some work. I don't know if Dath or Mr. II is still active, but they were considered the best Robins in 4. Mr. II would even cosplay as him lol.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So instead of saving my 120 orbs for a few more days like a smart gorl, I threw them at the Gallia banner. Lethe's cringy awful self decided to show up, just as that thirsty heaux planned to during my 1st 200ish orbs of summoning. And here I thought 5* Thea was the worst thing I stumbled across. rip

Video of Lethe after summoning her:

pls send help

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The original Smash Bros turns 20 years old today, you know what that means! :secretkpop:

Congratulations Samus on being low tier for 2 whole decades! Here's to 20 more years of being below average!please help her

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

I've been playing some more Dawn of the Breakers and CyberStep was kind enough to extend the event by a WHOLE MONTH. Which has Virtual YouTubers as Event Heroes.

Roboco-san, Aqua Minato and Fubuki Shirakami from Hololive. I got one of them out of the four. I say four because there's another version of Roboco I can get, buuuut good luck with that. :V

They've also been kind enough to provide daily Tickets for the Capsules as well. And I'm almost done with one of the Repeatable missions which requires pulling 150 Times from one of the Event Capsules. Big. Oof. But I think I've pulled over 150 Times combined (Sadly they don't add up both Capsules which would've been nice, but oh well).

Also, anyone looking forward to the new BBTAG Arcade Update coming soon? Since we got footage now from Japanese Arcades, I'm hoping Gordeau will still remain good. Teddie looks really fun though, he can combo off EX Item Toss into 5B so he at least has solid combos it seems, maybe he could reach more then 6k solo? Depends on how much meter he has to use though.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The original Smash Bros turns 20 years old today, you know what that means! :secretkpop:

Congratulations Samus on being low tier for 2 whole decades! Here's to 20 more years of being below average!please help her
Samus is midtier gorl wut u talkin???

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lethe's cringy awful self
it always sucks to get units you don’t want, but at least she’s a good unit; ig it’s hard to be bad when your weapon has atk/spd solo built into it tho. i haven’t played tellius so idk much about her, but i thought her forging bonds conversations were pretty decent? they actually showed character growth, which is surprising for how awful FEH’s writing usually is. tbh i’d like a Lethe because beasts are fun, but no way i’m spending orbs on her rn. at least you got a 5* instead of nothing tho. knowing you, i assume you were pulling for the bara bois on the banner? we see tomorrow if they’ll actually demote mordecai (who would be a really cool addition to the 4* pool).

Legendary Alm has really nice art, and his prf weapon/special are kinda dumb. darting blow 4 is easily the worst tier 4 skill we’ve gotten so far, and idk who would even want it. i guess it makes quadding a lot easier for brave weapons? in most cases, you’d probably want an a-slot that increases atk in some capacity, especially since we have darting blow as a seal. alm’s stats are dumb, though. 37/37 neutral offensive spread is lol and his defenses are workable. i don’t really need another archer, so i’ll probably just do my free pull+the rest of the circle and bail. there are some very nice units on this LHB but it’s not a must-pull imo

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
it always sucks to get units you don’t want, but at least she’s a good unit; ig it’s hard to be bad when your weapon has atk/spd solo built into it tho. i haven’t played tellius so idk much about her, but i thought her forging bonds conversations were pretty decent? they actually showed character growth, which is surprising for how awful FEH’s writing usually is. tbh i’d like a Lethe because beasts are fun, but no way i’m spending orbs on her rn. at least you got a 5* instead of nothing tho. knowing you, i assume you were pulling for the bara bois on the banner? we see tomorrow if they’ll actually demote mordecai (who would be a really cool addition to the 4* pool).
Lethe is the typical racist laguz who hates Beorcs for no personal reason. She changes her opinion slowly, downgrading from a racist to a tsundere cat girl, but she's on the more serious side of the tsundere spectrum and not the "B-BAKA!" kind. She's overall just a very boring character. So much so they had to introduce her twin sister who was tons more fun and interesting, but had the problem of being introduced in FE10 which lacked real supports.

She is an OK unit for a red unit, built to be in a full cavalry team. But given the amount of orbs I spent and the fact over 50% orbs from my 1st 10+ summons, it's obvious I was going to get Lethe. This is the 1st banner where I would've been happy with 75% of the focus units instead of just 1 or 2. Then Thea comes and ruins my life. THEN Lethe comes and ruins my life. The only good that came out of that is my 2nd Reyson, +spd nature.

Anyway, assuming IS demotes one of the new beasts, I think it's going to be Lethe or Mordecai anyway. I really don't have my hopes up tho ofc considering their last beasts banner screw up.

Legendary Alm has really nice art, and his prf weapon/special are kinda dumb. darting blow 4 is easily the worst tier 4 skill we’ve gotten so far, and idk who would even want it. i guess it makes quadding a lot easier for brave weapons? in most cases, you’d probably want an a-slot that increases atk in some capacity, especially since we have darting blow as a seal. alm’s stats are dumb, though. 37/37 neutral offensive spread is lol and his defenses are workable. i don’t really need another archer, so i’ll probablu just do my free pull+the rest of the circle and bail. there are some very nice units on this LHB but it’s not a must-pull imo
I find the L!Banners to be the best banners to pull on. Since they're seasonal or 5* locked units and it's Hero Fest on steroids, you can't really lose. And statistically it should only take 40 orbs to get a 5*. Then there's the event of getting a L!unit you already have, giving it free merges which is always neat so you can eventually get a +10 powerhouse for special seasons. So 100 orbs will net you some fodder and if you're lucky a team-wide passive buffer. Most L!units have OK fodder too.

Alm looks dummy OP tho. Essentially he has WTA vs everyone with an additional 5% tacked on when he attacks. And he's obviously the best colorless bow user we have as of right now because lmao 37/37 base offenses oh ok. At least he's IV-proof. So either you get an above-average bow user or you get an OP bow user, kthnx IS. Then he gets -20% def to enemy/+20% spd of self tacked on to damage as a 2 charge special. But much like Roy, all he gives to his elemental team is +3 hp and the option to make himself more OP with Pair Up.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Don't have a Dierdre. I'm probably going to pass on refining Julia's weapon until I can save up some resources. Sucks to be so poor, haha.

I have enough dew in reserve for Celica if I really need her for those ridiculous legendary hero battles.
Divine Dew shortage is a thing... Do you have any 5* healers or healers you want to use or build? Using them to refine random stuff for Divine Dew is what some people do and also because with how rare it can be to get the actual Dazzling and Wrathful Staff skills, it doesn't hurt to have both refines for a healer. Except Azama and probably Lissa and Wrys because their attack is low which they don't care about because bulk, especially Azama.

Also, another way to deal with Vantage is to fight with Vantage. Ares, Ayra, Hector, Jaffar, Jeorge against ranged units, Keaton, Reinhardt with -blade tome or his Meisterschwert self, most -blade tome mages and -blade blade (Laevatein), and Pain healers with Vantage come to mind as being able to wreck stuff. Most of them would probably need to inherit Close or Distant Counter so that they don't get cherry tapped by a unit they can't counter against. Jeorge is an exception with unique Parthia's Atk+6 only working against ranged units.

Alternatively, you could run a unit with extreme bulk even when and especially when they're close to death so that they can shrug off Vantage counters. Alfonse with his unique refined Folkvangr, probably Bartre, Chrom with Sealed Falchion, Hinata, Idunn, and Seliph come to mind. Peri might be able to do it to a degree, but probably only towards resistance targeting units. Most of them are just abusing Brazen or Brazen-like skills stacking to get more defenses when at low health or < 100% like with Chrom, Idunn, and Peri while Seliph has a >= 50% HP condition Miracle for refined Tyrfing allowing him to run double Miracle because why not.

Or you could be a sinner and use Surtr. :p

Lethe is the typical racist laguz who hates Beorcs for no personal reason. She changes her opinion slowly, downgrading from a racist to a tsundere cat girl, but she's on the more serious side of the tsundere spectrum and not the "B-BAKA!" kind. She's overall just a very boring character. So much so they had to introduce her twin sister who was tons more fun and interesting, but had the problem of being introduced in FE10 which lacked real supports.
B-but cat girls with fluffy cat ears!

She also gets to be best friends with a racist making them racist buddies, except they're racist to each other! :p

No, seriously though, Jill and Lethe having a support is interesting. Before I looked up what exactly it was, all I knew was that they're racist, but by becoming familiar with each other, they get pass their racism and created a ship. I think Jill being the racist character who learns how messed up and unwarranted the racism she was taught to believe in probably worked better than with Lethe. That might be because it was a plot point and involving Jill which I don't know if a similar thing occurred with Lethe.

Also, cute art of Lethe and her sister Lyre.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

https://challonge.com/es/smashclub16/standings

Damn, 4th twice in a row. I wasn't necessarily unconfident about it, but I just thought it would be a little too good to be true. Wouldn't want to get ahead of myself... but I actually did it. Also, a better Winners run. Made WR4 beating two Top 5 players but went out 2-1 in WR5 to the guy who eventually won (candidate for best player, here). I reached Loser Semis, and I almost beat the guy that took me out last time. I actually took a game this time, and I was with a solid advantage had I not died at about 70 to an Arsene F-Smash read (he uses Joker).

Also, I made an Inkling/Joker player salt. :D

S StoicPhantom I don't know what I've been doing right, but apparently I need more of that. Which is ironic, because I've been playing like once a week these past three weeks (I used to play 3-4 times a week + wifi).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, apparently there's a possibility of a winter storm in my area.

As for FEH nonsense, I wish I had more orbs for CYL Celica. Legendary Alm's stats are stupid and all and Nailah is on the banner, but Celica, though. Also, another chance at CYL Hector and CYL Ike.
5* winter Eirika: +Res, -Atk.

4* Lon'qu: +Atk, -Def.

4* Oboro: +Res, -HP.

4* Oscar: +Def, -Atk.

4* Raigh: +HP, -Atk.

CYL2 banner.
3* Azama: +Def, -Spd. I now have a +Def, +Res, and +Spd Azama. I could do horrible things with him. If only Fortress Def/Res was common.

4* Cecilia: +Res, -Def.

4* Donnel: +Res, -Spd.

4* Kagero: +Atk, -HP.

4* Silas: +HP, -Spd.

CYL1 banner. CYL Ike eludes me again. Steady Breath is an even bigger myth than Fierce Breath and that one is actually legendary.
4* Cordelia: +Res, -Atk.

3* M!Morgan: +Res, -HP. Eleven copies of him on hand.

4* Rebecca: neutral.

3* Seliph: neutral.

4* adult Tiki: +Def, -HP.

I think I might wait it out a bit to see what I want to do. Part of me wants more CYL Celica for merges, but that's still a bad idea without like +1000 orbs.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Spent all of my 80 orbs on the LHB and got a +hp -spd Fjorm (somehow she's the first one I've summoned) and a +hp -res L!Ike. I would normally merge any LH copies, but I don't want to mess up the F2P guides in case I need to use them, so I guess Ike and Fjorm will just be SI fodder. Shield Pulse is an interesting skill, and it's cool to finally have access to it, but idk who would even want it because it's so niche. I'll just be holding onto both of my pulls for a while, I guess.

In other news, Mordecai actually demoted! Beast Exp is his 4* skill (lmao), but introducing a link skill into the 4-5* pool is still great. He's going to be a useful "F2P" unit for AR, and I hope I can pull a copy soon so I can build him up. it's too bad that 3/4 of the non-5* exclusive beasts are all blue, though. This also makes it even more egregious that none of the Fates beasts demoted.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Divine Dew shortage is a thing... Do you have any 5* healers or healers you want to use or build? Using them to refine random stuff for Divine Dew is what some people do and also because with how rare it can be to get the actual Dazzling and Wrathful Staff skills, it doesn't hurt to have both refines for a healer. Except Azama and probably Lissa and Wrys because their attack is low which they don't care about because bulk, especially Azama.

Also, another way to deal with Vantage is to fight with Vantage. Ares, Ayra, Hector, Jaffar, Jeorge against ranged units, Keaton, Reinhardt with -blade tome or his Meisterschwert self, most -blade tome mages and -blade blade (Laevatein), and Pain healers with Vantage come to mind as being able to wreck stuff. Most of them would probably need to inherit Close or Distant Counter so that they don't get cherry tapped by a unit they can't counter against. Jeorge is an exception with unique Parthia's Atk+6 only working against ranged units.

Alternatively, you could run a unit with extreme bulk even when and especially when they're close to death so that they can shrug off Vantage counters. Alfonse with his unique refined Folkvangr, probably Bartre, Chrom with Sealed Falchion, Hinata, Idunn, and Seliph come to mind. Peri might be able to do it to a degree, but probably only towards resistance targeting units. Most of them are just abusing Brazen or Brazen-like skills stacking to get more defenses when at low health or < 100% like with Chrom, Idunn, and Peri while Seliph has a >= 50% HP condition Miracle for refined Tyrfing allowing him to run double Miracle because why not.

Or you could be a sinner and use Surtr. :p
All right. Legendary Alm battle is actually ridiculous and I dropped the dew to upgrade Celica's Ragnarok. It's busted but not braindead as I had to inherit certain skills to my dancers to finally beat Abyssal. At least it didn't take nearly as long as the other legendary battles!

I do have an Elise. I wanted to upgrade Pain+ on her but I had a brain lapse and upgraded Gravity+ instead :(

As for dealing Vantage, I swapped my Klein's prf to a Firesweep Bow that I gave him years ago. He has more offense and speed compared to before which is nice. I'll be spending money for a Keaton (or two if he has bad IVs) to be my Vantage unit. The other units I'll be spending money for is Duma, Kaden, and the Astra mythical hero (and summer Ike).

Extreme bulk didn't work out for me this morning. Fought somebody with a 5+1 Fortress (D) against my 3+1 Fortress (O). I'm starting to just accept the fact that I can't compete properly in AR when people have played since the start and I've only been at it for 1.5 months now? I'm content that I can float in Tier 18 I suppose. I do have a Surtr but I hate armoured units :(

Also, rolled a Maribelle after using up all the free tickets that were available today. +Def / -HP. I'll take the Valour skill to help level healers in the future!

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
In other news, Mordecai actually demoted!
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - nice

Precious sweet gentle bara kittyman with baby aminal frens? Devs have blessT us so we can start to forgive their blunders.

Gratz on 2 Legendary-All-Leg-No-Dary heroes. Fjorm is basically a gawdess with a typical XBreath set. Not worth foddering tho since Rutger has Bond Atk/Def at 4* and Shield Pulse is memey bad, so merge into the +hp Fjorm. Basically any + but spd. L!Ike is great too ofc. I have a +2 L!Ike and 2 manuals, just in case... Still waiting for a non-neutral or non+spd L!Ike. But there are no good +10able units with built-in DC that don't already have the Def Breath.

I spent 15 orbs and got a +atk L!Marth so now he's +1. Used the free summons and some tickets from Hero Fest and got B!Ike. I'm happy with the outcome. I'm pretty sure the game is apologizing for the Lethe disaster. Leggy MarMar is basically L!Roy given how his sword works.

Anyway! L!Alm is a ****, but the new pair up mode is pretty neat. I guess the Anniversary was just the opening ceremony and Golden Week is the HERE HAVE EVERYTHING event. lmao @ all the moody heauxes who quit FEH a month ago after being dissatisfied with their freebies.

shade spray @ no one in particular ofc
Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! :secretkpop: :secretkpop: :secretkpop:

1 or 2 weeks until the next batch of refines. Pls be one of my husbandos. Pls be someone who needs Special Spiral. kthnx IS.

D

Deleted member 189823

I have a +Def Fjorm with Steady Breath and SA in my fake account.

Gawdess.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Gratz on 2 Legendary-All-Leg-No-Dary heroes. Fjorm is basically a gawdess with a typical XBreath set. Not worth foddering tho since Rutger has Bond Atk/Def at 4* and Shield Pulse is memey bad, so merge into the +hp Fjorm.
i was hesitant about merging Fjorm because it would **** up the F2P guides that use her, but thanks to your input, i realized that i don’t really care that much. I do like Fjorm, even if she’s kinda bland, so i’ll merge and use her. I have like six billion infantry sword units and don’t really care about Ike, so i’ll probably kill him to give Fjorm warding breath. Thanks for your help, gorl.

i also decided to collect the ~40 orbs i left with Feh and did 2 more full pulls. the first one gave me nothing good, but the second pull had a single colorless stone that turned out to be a +hp -res Legendary Alm! i wasn’t expecting to get him, but i am happy to have him, especially with how stupid his kit is. It makes me sad that he kinda makes other archers (like my +10 Zero) irrelevant, though. At least Zero has an actual res stat, but still. I also finally got a +atk Legault from my pulls today!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Spent all of my 80 orbs on the LHB and got a +hp -spd Fjorm (somehow she's the first one I've summoned) and a +hp -res L!Ike. I would normally merge any LH copies, but I don't want to mess up the F2P guides in case I need to use them, so I guess Ike and Fjorm will just be SI fodder. Shield Pulse is an interesting skill, and it's cool to finally have access to it, but idk who would even want it because it's so niche. I'll just be holding onto both of my pulls for a while, I guess.
Karla and Linus and Raven with their unique refined Basilikos run Pavise, Life & Death 3, Shield Pulse 3, and Flashing/Heavy Blade seal very well. Who needs a damage special when your offenses are so high and who needs defenses when you can abuse Pavise? Obviously, it doesn't work against ranged units and they will get destroyed by units who can Brave them or who can lower their special charge and follow-up, but it is a fun if niche build. Unfortunately, Shield Pulse is so damn rare. Lon'qu can run this build, but he's kind of in a weird spot where his attack is much lower than theirs even with +Atk. I think Hana with her unique refined katana could run this build since her attack is likely going to be very high and against armors with their shenanigans, Pavise could save her from dying to a counterattack or counterattacks. The issue is that she doesn't have a Killer effect on her katana, so she won't be able to have a 2 cooldown Pavise and be able to charge it as consistently as Karla, Linus, Lon'qu, and Raven.

Off the top of my head, other good users of Shield Pulse other than those who already have it, so Fjorm and Saber with unique refined Golden Dagger, would be F!Corrin, CYL Ike, and Soleil. F!Corrin's build runs Dark Breath and Distant Counter, CYL Ike becomes even tankier with Pavise or Aegis, and Soleil is Soleil. Here's a video of Shield Pulse F!Corrin from a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYebRkw_BP4.

As for Warding Breath, it can go to anyone you want really. Fir comes to mind as someone who you can have her be a mage tank and with her high resistance, build charges off of them and explode against them with a charged special or against physical melee units who'd hit her lower defense which would likely get her into Wrath range which with unique refined Nameless Blade means 20 guaranteed damage.

I do have an Elise. I wanted to upgrade Pain+ on her but I had a brain lapse and upgraded Gravity+ instead :(
Gravity and Pain are dumb, so it's not a bad thing that you upgraded Gravity on Elise. Gravity can make it so groups of enemies can't move making it easier to get away from them and picking who you want to take out first and the healer can still do damage with by running Savage Blow as their C passive and/or their seal. Pain is more about inflicting a bunch of after combat damage letting you cherry tap enemies. They're both evil in their own special, twisted ways.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde ye Fjorm is bland, but she's still a bad gorl when you need her to be. I really hope Legendaries do get refines. inb4 she just gets Chill Spd.

Ffamran Ffamran Shield Pulse is just a reverse Special Spiral. It's very mediocre, but has meme potential and functionality in multi-battle scenarios. Still not worth sacking a rare 5* for... Not even Saber since his gimmick could be fun to work with, assuming he has Special Spiral ofc. Infinite Sols aaaaaaaa

Alacion Alacion Elise is a good gorl with Gravity too. With the right setup she can nuke, be drawn back, and repeat. Most new stages made that harder to do. Flying healers can still abuse the crap outta it tho. And I guess Infantry healers too.

My fave setup was Pain+ Serra, using Close Counter, Vantage, and Savage Blow x2. It was hilarious watching AI kill themselves as they approached. Sadly I discontinued the plan to +10 her because healers are Zelda Tier for not being able to use their special activation lines. rip

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I guess the Anniversary was just the opening ceremony and Golden Week is the HERE HAVE EVERYTHING event. lmao @ all the moody heauxes who quit FEH a month ago after being dissatisfied with their freebies.

shade spray @ no one in particular ofc
Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! Cress! :secretkpop: :secretkpop: :secretkpop:
gorl I've barely played this game at all for months now. The last unit I built was Silas and that was, what, last September? The game isn't doing anything at all to regain my interest but it sure is doing a great job at keeping me away. I log in for dailies and stuff but I'm not invested into it anymore. I haven't touched Arena since March of last year, Aether Raids was cute for the first 3 weeks or so and then just became Arena 2, so I haven't played that in forever either. Abyssal maps take a lotta work to get through just for an accessory that you already have but now with some gold paint slapped onto it. Tempest and Forging Bonds I could do and the FB stories are nice, but you don't even play the modes, you just put your phone into autopilot and let the game play itself. So the only modes I'm interested in playing aren't even supposed to be played since autobattle goes through it so much quicker. The main goal of the game (at least for me) is to get your favorite units and build them up. But after you finish that, why bother playing? The game hasn't been fun in forever, so I'm not really playing it now. I'll get daily orbs just in case the game ever does anything to work itself out again, but rn, nah.
But they gonna get refines gorl.

I assume 5* locked gorls will get dummy good refines by default... That fit their stat lines, anyway. It'd be neat if Mist, Elise, and Genny became the first 3 staff users to get prf weapons with refines. pls IS pls gib plsss
Also late reply to this bc I was focused on smesh at the time, but u do realize over half of those units already have refines right? And out of the ones that do have refines, you have characters like Karel, Y!Tiki, and Lucina who share a refine with another unit that's much more available (and can probably use it better since they can get better IV's and merges much easier). You also have Leo who's... Leo. Takumi's refine is garbo too but he's probably still there because of Close Counter which I can understand, but Takumi himself is still a trash unit.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ffamran Ffamran Shield Pulse is just a reverse Special Spiral. It's very mediocre, but has meme potential and functionality in multi-battle scenarios. Still not worth sacking a rare 5* for... Not even Saber since his gimmick could be fun to work with, assuming he has Special Spiral ofc. Infinite Sols aaaaaaaa
The developers have issues with what they deem as really good and need to be locked to 5*. For example: Fire Boost, Panic Ploy and Zanbato, Wind Boost boys. Or when the God of War was demoted, but his dancing girlfriend wasn't.

Special Spiral still needs Saber to charge his special somehow for him to have Golden Dagger's conditional Distant Counter and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3. The ceiling is higher with Special Spiral, but Shield Pulse or rather, Saber's default kit, lets him start off strong with Shield Pulse charging Aegis which becomes a 2 cooldown special with Golden Dagger retaining Slaying Edge's -1 special cooldown effect.

Anyway, apparently Devil May Cry 2 was developed in around four months and Hideaki Itsuno was called on for those four months to direct DMC2. The only thing they had "developed" up to that point was DMC2's Stinger. I say this since compared to Stinger in every other game, DMC2's Stinger looks like a regular, leap forward and stab move than a badass, inhumanly-moving dash stab. Also, Hideki Kamiya was not even aware of its development since it was apparently in development during the English localization of DMC1. The fact it was released and playable is miraculous. Even more miraculous are the things it introduced even if poorly that became fleshed out in the later games like Dante's Style system where DMC2 set the groundwork for Trickster and Gunslinger and Rainstorm and Fireworks moves.

Cress! Cress! , remind yourself that you're playing a tech demo when playing DMC2. Otherwise, have fun suffering. :p

Top Bottom