• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 189823

Henry has 2 problems to overcome, 1 = red color. 2 = min-max'd in the wrong direction. Thankfully, we get to cheese our characters so hard that the game doesn't even understand what's going on.

But he can be pretty great with the max possible stats w/ help at: 57/68/46/62/56.

Thanks Combat Stats+Tactics. At this point it's only about positioning and keeping HP above 70%. Once hp drops below 70%, they're vulnerable. And only extremely powerful reds or standard blues can hurt you enough. Oliver > Boey > Henry if it's just M!Corrin support, tho. It'd be nice if F!Corrin got a dragon stone that acted like Yato, since you rarely want 2 reds on the same 4 man team.
**** that Corrin/Marth buff stacking lol **** doesn't count. Literally anyone can do that and say their character is badass. Like yeah I used Drives and Tactics, but I kind of just limit myself to that. I don't even use Atk Tactic for Henry. His Ignis is pure Def.

I'm going to re-upload a Henry fake solo I did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
**** that Corrin/Marth buff stacking lol **** doesn't count. Literally anyone can do that and say their character is badass. Like yeah I used Drives and Tactics, but I kind of just limit myself to that. I don't even use Atk Tactic for Henry. His Ignis is pure Def.

I'm going to re-upload a Henry fake solo I did.
I just use M!Corrin and he has Rally Atk+. It's good to have a very solid and easy to +10 unit like Corrin since he can make almost any husbando/waifu viable.

D

Deleted member 189823

I just use M!Corrin and he has Rally Atk+. It's good to have a very solid and easy to +10 unit like Corrin since he can make almost any husbando/waifu viable.
Like I said, it just feels like a cheap method. Don't feel satisfaction in giving characters that and calling them "good".

In other news, I love owning Lucinas at their own game. ****ers think they can attack for free and get arrogant with it. It's literally been Lucina Season these past two or so weeks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Like I said, it just feels like a cheap method. Don't feel satisfaction in giving characters that and calling them "good".

In other news, I love owning Lucinas at their own game. ****ers think they can attack for free and get arrogant with it. It's literally been Lucina Season these past two or so weeks...
Gorl, we get 4 units for a reason. Saying using team support = cheap may as well be the same as saying SI = cheap. lol hunTy pls

Also Mopcina is annoying. But since I use Zelda just about any opponent is annoying. rip :^(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Gorl, we get 4 units for a reason. Saying using team support = cheap may as well be the same as saying SI = cheap. lol hunTy pls
I'm just saying that kind of support, specifically. I have dumb limits like "no Atk Tactic for Henry because ****".

I also meant in Smash, for the last paragraph. :D

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
btw gorl shoulda got a Moto g6play. 100 bucks well spent and the battery life is craycray. Almost as craycray as those pantless heauxes.
Spec-wise, it doesn't seem that better coming from a Nexus 5. GSMArena says it might even be worse then the Nexus 5 while the regular G6 would be more comparable. The regular and Play versions are missing Wi-Fi 802.11 ac for whatever reason, the resolution is lower on the Play at 720x1440 compared to 1080x1920 on the Nexus 5 and 1080x2160 on the regular G6, and the US version seems to have been gimped in specs for some dumb reason namely in its processor being the quad-core Snapdragon 427 instead of the octa-core 430 both clocked at 1.4Gz. The Nexus 5 has a quad-core too, but it's the Snapdragon 800 and clocked at 2.3 GHz. The battery life, especially for the G6 Play, would be much better, but more for the G6, it'd kind of be like a Nexus 5, but not a Nexus 5 in 2019. The other thing is that I'm on T-Mobile and it doesn't support band 71 which they've been rolling out recently. I figured I might as well get a phone that supports band 71 and it, along with band 12, might explain why my Nexus 5 has terrible reception in buildings and certain areas that are out there because T-Mobile recently gained low frequency bands and the Nexus 5 didn't support some low frequency bands T-Mobile used at the time or started using.

That's in pure specs. Personal bias comes from Lenovo being Motorola's parent company now and I did not have a great experience to say the least with their laptop. The thing works well, but some of the stupid things that have happened such as how hard it was to remove the back cover to replace a battery that died and the freaking bloatware which was to be expected, but I never experienced recent bloatware makes me want to never buy anything from Lenovo again and unfortunately, Motorola is now attached to it. Lastly, I think the Nexus 5 being my first true phone ruined phones for me. It's a no frills, stock Android phone that was a powerhouse with its only downfalls being an awful battery life and the power button design being crappy leading to bootloops. Does not help that I got it used for $80-$100 from someone who got an invite for OnePlus One and wanted to get it. That certainly warped my view on phones even more when I was able to get what was supposed to be a $349 MSRP flagship phone for a fraction of the price.

Other non-Google phones do run stock or almost stock Android, but some of them miss some things like I considered the Nokia 7.1 as my next phone, but it doesn't support band 71 and Nokia kind of neglects the US for some reason, Samsung has its own issues, and Sony's Xperia XZ2 and among others do not have a headphone jack. Waiting for the Pixel 3 Lite was something else I considered, but I figured it might not be worth it to wait for however long to buy what would probably be a phone for $400. Used recent flagships are also around $400 with similar or better specs than what the Pixel 3 Lite is rumored/leaked to have. Phones are so damn expensive nowadays and so many dumb trends are associated with it like unless the design demands it as Apple has talked about for their iPhone 8 and X, notches are not necessary, glass backs are dumb if the phone doesn't support wireless charging, and flagship phones should have more features rather than less i.e. they should have headphone jacks, SD card slots, better battery life, and whatever else. Phone backs are kind of stupid. We went from plastic to aluminum to glass where in some cases, they weren't really justified. Where are the phones with basically kevlar backs? That **** should be on the iPhone 9, Pixel 4, or whatever. Market it as the toughest phone you can get on the premium. Survives drops from skyscrapers, armor piercing rounds, explosions, whatever. I can't wait for marble or ceramic backed phones. Heavy as **** and shattered ceramic would lead to so many injuries.

There goes my rant of the day. I have more on phones, but I'll spare you all the details. SIM cards and activation fees. What the hell. If all goes to hell, I might consider switching to Google Fi. So much for looking for a band 71 phone, huh? At that point, probably should have gotten the Pixel 3 Lite too. Why are phone companies and internet service providers so awful in the US?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This is very important FEH news.

p h o n e
r a n t
Gorl, at the end of the day, the high end phones are basically scams. Gimmick phones are scams. iPhones are ofc scams. Huge phones are scams (get a tablet instead obvs). High spec phones are scams (ffs get a computer and a 100 dollar phone instead). Really, any 100 dollar phone will work for you.

Lenovo or Google are the ones to aim for, only because you don't pay a brand-tax and both are very user friendly in terms of removing bloatware. Lenovo, however, tends to have better batteries and are more transfer-friendly when going from phone to phone. Google has the better specs, but sacrifices battery life.

If you had to boil it down:
Lenovo has longevity. (You want this if you're on the go a lot or use battery eating apps)
Google has power. (You want this if you multi-task frequently or want to load things 10%-20% faster than phones of the same price)
Both for cost effectiveness.

As to the Lenovo bloatware, hunTy, google how to get rid of it. All phones have bloatware whether they come in visible app form or are vaguely named processes. The laptops are bigger offenders because they want to include a cross-platform program for Lenovo products with laptops/PCs as the hub. Though it can all be disabled and uninstalled so idc really. Phones are generally all the same with bloatware so you just need to google how to get rid of it if it's actually intrusive or battery draining.

D

Deleted member 189823

I sometimes wonder how my opponents feel getting beat by a dude who doesn't even use Zelda's specials and Joycons. Apparently Joycons aren't an actual controller.

also I lied I actually use Nayru's

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Gorl, at the end of the day, the high end phones are basically scams. Gimmick phones are scams. iPhones are ofc scams. Huge phones are scams (get a tablet instead obvs). High spec phones are scams (ffs get a computer and a 100 dollar phone instead). Really, any 100 dollar phone will work for you.

Lenovo or Google are the ones to aim for, only because you don't pay a brand-tax and both are very user friendly in terms of removing bloatware. Lenovo, however, tends to have better batteries and are more transfer-friendly when going from phone to phone. Google has the better specs, but sacrifices battery life.

If you had to boil it down:
Lenovo has longevity. (You want this if you're on the go a lot or use battery eating apps)
Google has power. (You want this if you multi-task frequently or want to load things 10%-20% faster than phones of the same price)
Both for cost effectiveness.
I get what you mean, but I don't intend to nor do I ever want to get a new phone much less a flagship one every year. I'm looking to use and hoping it lasts for five or more years. The person who sold me the Nexus 5 that he recently bought only to get a OnePlus One? Constantly buys new, unlocked phones. Currently on the Pixel 3 now and I wouldn't be surprised if he bought a Pixel 4 whenever that's out. He's family through in-laws and a good and smart -- believe it or not -- person and one of my martial arts instructors, but geez, the one thing I do not get is his phone buying habits. That's the one dumb thing about him and I do not understand it at all because he is very savvy about technology and works in the tech industry. He was the guy who as a young teen, my old man and other people would ask about how to fix their computers, phones, and stuff. He knows how much power things have and how much of it is noticeable and needed for the average person. Nope, let's spend +$500 on a phone each year. It's getting closer to $1000 now considering the Pixel 3 is $799 MSRP. And then I have a brother-in-law who gets new iPhones for his family each time a new one comes out. It's through the carrier's upgrade program, but yeah...

Huge phones are things. Phone trends are things. That said, phones that are larger and more comfortable for people with bigger hands is fine. It's just phone trends.

A $100 phone would work for me and it has, the Nexus 5 I've been using. The problem is that I want a new phone that I would use for four to five years while also considering future proofing with technology is an idiotic idea. Getting a new $100 phone is going to make it become more obsolete faster. The Moto G6 Play you recommended me would only really get me better battery life and a more recent, official OS. Hardware-wise, it's as good or even worse than the Nexus 5. That's an extreme case considering how I got the Nexus 5 which for all intents and purposes is still good, if really outdated in software phone today. Software doesn't really matter when you can go with a custom ROM. I'd still keep using the Nexus 5 if it weren't for the fact I've experienced power button bootloops twice and the battery is starting to look like it's about to die where replacing it is like putting a bandage on a festering wound since the Nexus 5's battery life was never good.

Lenovo/Motorola you don't pay brand taxes and they are budget friendly, but not Google recently. Maybe after the Pixel 3 Lite, but recently, their phones have been just as bad as Apple's and Samsung's. They used to offer good phones for a good price, but starting around the Nexus 6 from what I looked at, they stopped doing that and rode on their brand name to sell and justify $650 phones. OnePlus did the same thing and at this point, most phone companies don't really care when people will buy their ridiculously priced phones. If anything, I'd say Motorola and Nokia are the ones to aim for affordable phones. Speak of the devil, Nokia dropped their prices on their phones.

As to the Lenovo bloatware, hunTy, google how to get rid of it. All phones have bloatware whether they come in visible app form or are vaguely named processes. The laptops are bigger offenders because they want to include a cross-platform program for Lenovo products with laptops/PCs as the hub. Though it can all be disabled and uninstalled so idc really. Phones are generally all the same with bloatware so you just need to google how to get rid of it if it's actually intrusive or battery draining.
I did uninstall them, but it was my first laptop and my first time experiencing the kind of bloatware that are on laptops. My main gripe is build design making it difficult to repair it yourself because man, the back cover is kind of stupidly hard to get off. Otherwise, it's a good laptop and it's four to five years old now, so whatever. Still, part of me regrets buying it and the kind of laptop, a gaming laptop or a high performance one, since I didn't need that kind of power. A Chromebook or whatever work laptop with a good battery, not crap CPU, and didn't weigh a ton would have been fine for daily use, school, and work. The funny thing now is with recent technology being so efficient and powerful, a comparable laptop wouldn't be that expensive. Still wouldn't buy one, though.

Anyway, I'm tired and more so today. Experiencing buyer's remorse like I always do with everything I buy does not help either. Seriously, I could buy a piece of candy for $1 and still feel buyer's remorse. I don't know why. Might be the same reason why I'm extremely indecisive with things and apparently that's linked to depression. Buying, doing things for yourself that is good and reasonably so like not going on an irresponsible shopping spree, isn't something you're supposed to feel like you committed a severe crime against humanity.

Well, here's some relaxing music. I didn't want to shove city girl down your throats, but a new album was released last month: "somnolent nova".

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Pokemon Sword and Shield look really promising. Gen 7 was lame imo, so much so that I never even played USM. Gen 8 looks really cool from what little we've seen so far, and I'm excited to see the new Pokémon designs.

Speaking of which, idk so far about the starters. They're all cute, but none really stand out to me. I think I'll have to see their evolutions before I can decide for sure.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Definitely getting the Pokemon game. Hopefully I find some friends to play it with.

Speaking of friends... this isn't important or anything, but I wrote this post years ago:

There's a melee tourney in town.

The last time I played melee "competitively" was 10 years ago.

Should I go
Turns out, they were my closest friends in that town. I visited them a few times last year, and we keep in touch. We've fed each other, helped each other move, ranted to each other, fought with each other... just very worthwhile friendships all around.

So, I guess if you wonder if you should go to a local? Absolutely. Yes.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Added Ffamran Ffamran 's full album on the B•GAL because if 39 minutes in 1 video that should be put into more convenient segments doesn't sum up Zelda then idk what does. :^)

Also added I Put A Spell On You from Hocus Pocus. The original without the long wind-up and then this cover:

As for buyer remorse. Oopsie. At least you didn't spend 74.99 to get a neutral New Years waifu like some people did in FEH. :^)

I sometimes wonder how my opponents feel getting beat by a dude who doesn't even use Zelda's specials and Joycons. Apparently Joycons aren't an actual controller.

also I lied I actually use Nayru's
If you don't use Naryu's Love are you still considered a Zelda?

Also the joycons are pretty great. Their only flaw is being wireless. The feel and size are GC controller tier.

Pokemon Sword and Shield look really promising. Gen 7 was lame imo, so much so that I never even played USM. Gen 8 looks really cool from what little we've seen so far, and I'm excited to see the new Pokémon designs.

Speaking of which, idk so far about the starters. They're all cute, but none really stand out to me. I think I'll have to see their evolutions before I can decide for sure.
I hope they don't turn human-ish.

In FEH news, I got a 5* off the new banner within 35 orbs. My 3rd Dancing Boi Xander, the 2nd -res/+atk nature which is his best nature but stiiiiill. OFC it's not one of the many units on it that I don't have. Still, he has amazing fodder. Unfortunately, I have nobody to use it on. Not until we get a male infantry dagger unit who can be made OP with a M!Corrin/L!Azura combo. I love my waifus, but I would rather go all out for my husbandos bcuz we have enough waifuism going on.

Fun numbers if you have Felicia or Jakob tho. With Hone Atk 4 L!Azura, M!Corrin, Summoner Support, and Bond Atk/Def seal, they get~

Felicia +def Plate and IVs : 45/43/43/30/41 base -> 45/61/56/48/54 full buff
Jakob +res Smoke Dagger and IVs : 50/47/37/31/37 base -> 50/65/50/49/50 full buff

It should be noted that Felicia would obviously be the best one to use because she gets adaptive damage. Since attacking res > def for MUs, that means more damage with less effort - using her special instead to just heal. Jakob is the 2nd option only because of his balanced stats and better bulk for a dagger user. tbh this can be done for any unit that has 30ish res.

If you have L!Roy then you can just slap his stupid A Passive on a Lightning Breath dragon and ruin lives forever. Oops +20 to all non-HP stats ooooops.

D

Deleted member 189823

If you don't use Naryu's Love are you still considered a Zelda?
I mean I just don't use Phantom and Din's. I kill a fair bit off of Up-B, and also use Nayru's a fair (Top 3 move, easily). Most people just think the first two are literally Zelda, but I don't people abuse her fast moves nearly as much (especially how lowkey broken our OoS game is getting).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The new Samurai Shodown game was teased and it looks pretty awesome. The brushwork and ink style they're going for reminds me of Street Fighter IV, but with models that don't look so chunky for some of the characters.

And the first three games of Phoenix Wright are coming to PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One on April 9, 2019: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/02/...rney-trilogy-will-hold-court-on-april-9-2019/. With how the games are, I wonder if playing them on handhelds would work better.

As for buyer remorse. Oopsie. At least you didn't spend 74.99 to get a neutral New Years waifu like some people did in FEH. :^)
Well, you were right. That phone was huge and it made me feel like I was holding a priceless and unwieldy artifact. Nah, I am not dealing with that. Sold it at a lost and surprisingly fast too as I just listed it and when it was approved, someone snatched it up. Whatever. Lesson learned: do not actually buy recent flagship phones. Oh, and the OnePlus phone issue with data collection and stuff. Yeah, not going to deal with that either. You get spied on by everything nowadays, but OnePlus and Chinese phones in general have been more problematic.

Plastic back, a phone that isn't 6" in height or even 5.5", and doesn't cost an arm or a leg. That's all I want. Apparently, that's going to have to be the Sony Xperia XA2 which itself has an issue: lack of Wi-Fi 802.11 ac . It's not a huge deal, but unless you really need to use cellular data, Wi-Fi is the way to go for phones. More so if you're on plans that don't offer unlimited data. I hope the Nexus 5 doesn't run into any trouble. I swear if this stupid thing decides to die.

And for more disappointing things in my life, FEH. Don't really feel inclined to summon from Roy's banner.
4* Bartre #1: +HP, -Atk.

3* Bartre #2 +Atk, -Def.

3* Cain: +Res, -Def.

4* Clarine: +Def, -Spd.

4* Shigure: +HP, -Spd.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going EVO Lineup fans? :ultlucina:

So thoughts on the new EVO Lineup everyone?

I'm happy with what we got and from the listings, we'll be having another AnimEVO it seems. :secretkpop:

But anyway, we got this lineup~.

Tekken 7
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Soul Calibur VI
Mortal Kombat 11
Samurai Shodown
And...

Super Smash Bros. Melee Under Night In-Birth EXE Late[st]. :secretkpop:

I'm stoked for Under Night; I'll be looking forward to watching that when I can during EVO, same goes with BBTAG and Ultimate. Samurai Shodown I'll need to watch since I've only played SS2 on the Wii VC as Cham Cham.

And I see talk of Pokemon Sword and Shield.

WELCOME TO THE UK! HOPE YOU LIKE FOOTBALL, YOU'RE ON THEIR TURF NOW!

But seriously, I'm looking forward to it. And from the landmarks, I could easily tell what is what. One of the huge lakes is a reference to The Lake District, so there might be a Town or Village which could be next to this Lake, which would be a little nod to Lake Windermere and the town Windermere. Which is a popular tourist and holiday spot in the UK.

We obviously got the huge reference and nod to London and Big Ben.

People have found out that the Galar Region is the UK upside-down. So that means you start around Cumbria and the Lake District and travel from near Scotland to Wales and England.

A mine which could be a reference to the UK's old mines before they were shutdown back in I think the 1970s.

A literal BIG ONE is based on UK Folk Lore of the Cerne Abbas Giant.

And there are five gyms which can be seen. There's a Grass Gym which we saw in the trailer, a Water Gym to the East which seems to be in Wales, a Rock Gym seen to the West of the central city you travel to, and what seems to be either a Poison or Ghost Gym to the Northwest of the central city. One more can be seen to the Northeast of the central city on top of the palace, which must be an Ice Gym.

Also, there are some things I am predicting we'll get. Since this is just speculation and all that.

- The Sword Legendary will be based on Excalibur, often told in UK Folk Lore that was used by King Arthur.
- The Shield Legendary will be based on the Coat of Arms, a Royal Family Treasure that depicts a Lion and a Unicorn on the shield.
- There will be a Pokemon based on the Corgi. A breed of dog and a popular pet of Queen Elizabeth II.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Dissidia NT is coming to PC through Steam, but it's the free version which the PS4 is also getting: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/02/...n-makes-its-way-to-ps4-and-steam-on-march-12/.

Now if they could only make a remaster of the first two games or a sequel that's more similar to them as a 1v1 fighting game. Dissidia tournaments would be pretty freaking awesome and it being on consoles and PC would make it easier for it to happen assuming it would support local multiplayer like other fighting games which I don't know why it wouldn't. Well, whatever, at least I get to play as a pink-haired, female Cloud waifu, a dream boy, a camel astronaut, and Jecht. :p

So, the Pokemon: Sword and Shield stuff yesterday. Scorbunny reminds me of Bugs Bunny which also kind of makes me like Scorbunny the most out of the starters. It gives off the same smug and mischievous aura that Bugs does. I wonder if it'll end up being Fire-Fighting. Sobble looks so derpy and sad to me. Would not have chosen a chameleon of all things for a Water type. Can chameleons even live amphibiously? We've had a salamander, an amphibian, Water type starter before through Mudkip and they live in water, but chameleons are lizards that I have never heard of as being able to live amphibiously like some snakes and turtles. Grookey's eh. It's a monkey and a Grass type which seems so obvious because monkeys live in forests and jungles. I don't know, why not make a pangolin, mole, moose, buffalo, komodo dragon, or even a wolf or wild dog Grass type starter?

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Adding this to the B•GAL because yes:

- There will be a Pokemon based on the Corgi. A breed of dog and a popular pet of Queen Elizabeth II.
Sword/Shield was funded by Queen Elizabeth II, confirmed.

None of the starters have good designs IMO. Scorbunny's is the least bad.
I liked them all, somewhat. Then someone sent me a cursed image and now I don't want them anymore.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You talking about Queen Elizabeth II made me think of The Golden Girls. I think this would be appropriate for the B•GAL playlist. :p

Quick edit: I guess this could be the Phantom Knight's official theme song because of how helpful he is to her in Ultimate.

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
When she picks something, she commits. Even with off-stage harassment she uses Din's Fire, Phantom Knight, or goes for an aerial. She can't adjust rapidly to the situation at all and doesn't have any hitboxes to safely throw-out during neutral like the rest of the viable characters. Nothing she does sets up a 50:50, if it did, she'd actually have a chance. She can only force 50:50 situations on people who try to block everything she does instead of just moving. The golden key to beating Zelda is literally just to keep moving and to not use a million-frames-lag moves next to Zelda... Which is easy to do, because as you know, Zelda is a thief and she stole everyone's move end-lag for her own kit. She's such a greedy gorl.
Unless I'm misunderstanding what 50:50 means, sure she can get them. Even them moving, puts them in an air-dodge or fast fall situation. Or a roll or jump. Proper spacing, means she can get quite a lot, regardless of her speed and endlag. Your opponent can't keep moving forever and will have to attack eventually, that's where properly spacing her disjoints comes into play. She's not so laggy she can't punish quick moves and she has plenty of quick moves herself. Dash attack, Nair, Up-Tilt, Jab, even Up-B and LK are pretty quick. What you are looking for is risky and precise, not slow. That's why it's important to practice, so you can space properly.

So long as you don't throw out high committal moves like LK or Up-B and use her other moves in their appropriate situations, she can adjust to the situation just fine. Even Up-air can give you time to get back to the ground and in the air again, to continue pressure.

I've also played plenty of people who knew the MU. People who came up with Phantom counter play like using counter, spot dodge, preemptively striking through Phantom(improperly spaced), and even being able to consistently parry Phantom. That's not even getting into things like reflectors or projectiles that can go through things and character specific moves that can preempt Phantom. Adaption is the nature of fighting games and just as your opponents adapts to your play, you adapt to that adaptation. I'm a Zelda main and have been from day one. I've seen that adaptation in real time and have adapted to that counter play.

Very little of what that guy said was correct. Everything I said was factual, other than her being high tier, which is an opinion. No, having experience with Zelda in other games, is not relevant. She is very different in this game and Ultimate is a different game. So are other characters, even if mains of returning characters keep doomsdaying them, because they don't have __ thing anymore. I mean how many characters like Fox are we going to see this happen to, only for everyone to turn around and say they're top/high tier.

Maybe we need a little more than a few weeks/months before we can be definitive and write things off.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's happening UNIST fans? :ultlucina:

These UNIST & Melee memes are great. :secretkpop:

There's one of UNIST's logo in the Melee format, which is hilarious to me. I wish I could find the original source so I can share it, because it's great. These memes are enjoyable.

Co-funded by the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and Prince Philip. :secretkpop:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Hi gorls, its been a minute.

Smash is hard. School is hard. That's it really :/

:150:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
S StoicPhantom
50:50 is basically where the opponent can only do 1 of 2 things before you can reach them. Zelda's KB and speed disallows her from having 50:50s at kill percents, where they would matter. Her combos are all low-% and can still be screwed up if she just nicks someone's character and her speed blocks her from following up. Even then, quite a bit of the roster has fun little tricks vs pretty much anything she can do. Like, FF-nair may as well be nicknamed the Zelda-Banner.

As for edge guarding, she very rarely knocks someone at a decent angle (horizontal) that she can actually take advantage of. If she's not using Dsmash, she's not ledgeguarding unless the opponent lets her. Unless it's, like, vs Little Mac. But even then missing an aerial just lets them FF to the stage for free. Since they're flung upwards they usually have more than 1 option and can change up very quickly.

If she gets a speed buff in terms of movement or start-up/delay, then she might actually be able to do what most of the other characters can. Also, buff Nair so it acts like every other good Nair. Not a "lol dis is 4 attackin ground only tho :^)" box.

Hi gorls, its been a minute.

Smash is hard. School is hard. That's it really :/

:150:
Good to see you're still alive gorl.

How do you like the anxiety reptile starter Pokemon? Is he up to your frogo-standards?

D

Deleted member 189823

Still waiting to play like I actually do but in a tournament. Still waiting.

In other news, I think I might have material for a 2nd Zelda compilation video.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' Iron Tager mains? :ultbowser:

Decided to play some BBTAG last night to get some rust off. And I decided to try and lab out some stuff too.

I'll leave this for Nammy12 Nammy12 , because I found a combo that gets close to 10k for just one bar of meter involving Gord/Tager. :yeahboi:

But you can reach 14.6k if you throw in CC during it too.

5PB>236CD>236B (Hold)>5AAA>5P>236B (Hold)>2CC. This does 9.8k, but I may try and experiment and swap 2CC with 2A>236AA. See if that can reach 10k for 1 meter.

If you wanna add in CC, you have to time it around the second 5P, thankfully because I have Simplified Air Dash to my L Trigger on my Pokken Controller, I can do 236B and then hold the Air Dash button which counts as holding B, freeing up my right hand to do CC. Which lets them reach 14.6k.

I did try and find a 16k one with Jubei/Gord, nothing so far. But I would like to try and find a TOD with Tager/Gord too. (Nevermind, found one. :secretkpop: )

I'll probably just list it here to remind myself.

5PB>236CD>5B>2B>5A>jAAB>sjAABC>5P>5B>2B[CC]>5B>2B>5P>2C>236BC>P

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Its a rite of passage to think Zelda is amazing only for your hopes and dreams to be crushed.

Playing FEH again after a year and a half. Powercreep is real. Gunnthrá is gorgeous.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Its a rite of passage to think Zelda is amazing only for your hopes and dreams to be crushed.
At least she's a bottom tier gate keeper this time. :^)

Playing FEH again after a year and a half. Powercreep is real. Gunnthrá is gorgeous.
There's plenty of crap to beat powercreep. F2P is M!Corrin, P2W is Boost Doubler or L!Azura, middle ground is armor emblem.

Ye Gunny is cool but her stats are so dumb. She needs +res to be great if you wanna use her fun gimmick, but semi-OK otherwise. At least she's not L!Lyn.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
At least she's a bottom tier gate keeper this time. :^)

There's plenty of crap to beat powercreep. F2P is M!Corrin, P2W is Boost Doubler or L!Azura, middle ground is armor emblem.

Ye Gunny is cool but her stats are so dumb. She needs +res to be great if you wanna use her fun gimmick, but semi-OK otherwise. At least she's not L!Lyn.
I got legendary Azura from that guaranteed pull but it's -Atk.

I made this team. Any good? Still a WIP and resisting so hard to spend money.

Attachments

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Try harder.
Zelda has always been high-mid tier in all the games she's been in only to end up at the bottom.

There is hope through balance patches but I'm not sure what else Sakurai can do.

Last edited:

Codebox

Smash Apprentice
Zelda has always been high-mid tier in all the games she's been in only to end up at the bottom.

There is hope through balance patches but I'm not sure what else Sakurai can do.
Here's a list of what Sakurai can do that'' secure Zelda has more of a fighting chance

-Increase movement speed (getting her out of bottom 10 in run speed would honestly get her up an entire tier alone, it'd also serve as a balance to her flaws)
-SH Autocancel Lighting Kicks allowing her to do two out of a SH and increase the hitbox size (make them equal to/almost as potent as their Melee form)
-Give sourspot Fair/Bair more knockback or followup into sweetspot
-Decrease Aerial lag
-Faster Grab
-Fixing Nair loops
-Smash 4 D-tilt Angle
-Vaccum effect to U-Smash

With these buffs Zelda would be perfect. Her flaws would also be perfectly balanced as a glass canon. Unlike previous installments she has an actual fighting chance here. It's just a matter of giving her the right buffs in the right places.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
A Usmash that can attack enemies right beside her or ducking on her. Vaccum works too ofc.

Faster run speed, just enough to be in bottom 20 tho. Walk speed and aerial speed stays the same.

Consistent Nair hitboxes so it covers her ankles regardless of the opponents' aerial status. Slightly more hitstun.

Let Phantom Spawn in front of her while on the ground and behind her for aerial charging. Charging distance stays the same tho. Make a lvl 5/6 Knight have a push-hitbox for its body even vs short hoppers who don't spotdoge behind it

Slightly lower KB angle for Fsmash with KB nerfed to scale fairly.

Increase Naryu's hitbox size to cover her entire height/hurtbox from the sides.

Increase the size of Din's Fire sourspot. I'm talking Palutena's SideB size at max distance.

Increase Ftilt's range and give it a tipper for the new range. Entire arm is invulnerable. Less power/KB for -20% to -30% startup frames, but the tipper is still as strong as her current Ftilt. Basically Brawl Lkick size tipper/sweetspot lmao.

Increase Dair/Fair/Bair sourspot hitstun for combo potential.

Weaken Farore's Wind kb. Make hitbox 1 slightly bigger and linger longer. Can KO at 40% to 60% later. tbh she's not getting ANY fair air to ground stuff unless this cheese is nerfed.

Anything that makes her faster or more flexible ofc. She's too high risk and slow. While other risky or precision characters have better tools/speed/consistency.

I got legendary Azura from that guaranteed pull but it's -Atk.

I made this team. Any good? Still a WIP and resisting so hard to spend money.
You don't use dancers to attack heaux. Give her Hone Atk 4 and spread 7x4 buffs galore.

also ew cavalry gorl stop

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sakurai said that he wasn't involved with the balancing for Ultimate, instead, a much larger than in the previous games monitor team and whoever else were responsible. He did say he decided on poses/animations and startup and total frames, though: https://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/...alancing-at-all-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate/.

In other words, if Sakurai didn't care about Zelda and the Ultimate balance team ends up not caring about her either, then she's doomed. :p

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The only Zelda buff that matters is making ha go back to her Twilight Princess design.
Or instead, use her Skyward Sword design. She's the best Zelda and she's also the direct reincarnation of the goddess Hylia so that should give her op privileges.
Or OR use her Hyrule Warriors design. She was generally low tier in that game as well but at least she looked qt.
Adding this to the B•GAL because yes:
If u get to post that then I get to post this

D

Deleted member 189823

I seriously think people need to get past her camping game. People need to step it up and realise she's a lot better than mediocre camping character. No smart person will even approach you when your charging Phantom across the stage, and other people won't even give you the time for the full-charge. Your best bet is probably using it at the ledge, and everything else comes down with how you punish and how you use your actual quick options nobody's abusing.

Here's a list of what Sakurai can do that'' secure Zelda has more of a fighting chance

-Increase movement speed (getting her out of bottom 10 in run speed would honestly get her up an entire tier alone, it'd also serve as a balance to her flaws)
-SH Autocancel Lighting Kicks allowing her to do two out of a SH and increase the hitbox size (make them equal to/almost as potent as their Melee form)
-Give sourspot Fair/Bair more knockback or followup into sweetspot
-Decrease Aerial lag
-Faster Grab
-Fixing Nair loops
-Smash 4 D-tilt Angle
-Vaccum effect to U-Smash

With these buffs Zelda would be perfect. Her flaws would also be perfectly balanced as a glass canon. Unlike previous installments she has an actual fighting chance here. It's just a matter of giving her the right buffs in the right places.
WTFLOLNO. Are you on crack. We have a literal Frame 6 kill move. It just takes a bad poke on our shield and they're dead at 50.

If I had to pick, I'd just buff our run speed and maybe grab (okay yeah Frame 14 Dash grab sucks). I still don't really see the thing with N-Air, and I literally spam it. The only time people drop out is when I'm SH'ing it trying to shark on platforms.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
The only Zelda buff that matters is making ha go back to her Twilight Princess design.
Or instead, use her Skyward Sword design. She's the best Zelda and she's also the direct reincarnation of the goddess Hylia so that should give her op privileges.
Or OR use her Hyrule Warriors design. She was generally low tier in that game as well but at least she looked qt.

If u get to post that then I get to post this
Wow imagine living like this, thinking that LttP Zelda isn't a way better Zelda design. Please get your gutter opinions off my timeline thank you

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I wasn't trying to say Zelda is impossible to fix. Zelda has too many flaws that the burden of fixing them may warrant the resources required to to do.

You don't use dancers to attack heaux. Give her Hone Atk 4 and spread 7x4 buffs galore.

also ew cavalry gorl stop
I'm back from when horse emblem was a thing. Is it mixed teams/armour emblem these days?

I seriously think people need to get past her camping game. People need to step it up and realise she's a lot better than mediocre camping character. No smart person will even approach you when your charging Phantom across the stage, and other people won't even give you the time for the full-charge. Your best bet is probably using it at the ledge, and everything else comes down with how you punish and how you use your actual quick options nobody's abusing.
No Zelda player that actually goes to tournaments plays the way you describe.

D

Deleted member 189823

No Zelda player that actually goes to tournaments plays the way you describe.
You're telling me they don't expect Phantom to do half the work and actually think their "camping" is useful?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You're telling me they don't expect Phantom to do half the work and actually think their "camping" is useful?
You've been on Quickplay too long.

It's like when elevator was a huge part of Zelda's meta in early Smash 4 and began to see less usage over time. Zelda doesn't have the best camping game and people will adjust.

Last edited:

Codebox

Smash Apprentice

WTFLOLNO. Are you on crack. We have a literal Frame 6 kill move. It just takes a bad poke on our shield and they're dead at 50.

If I had to pick, I'd just buff our run speed and maybe grab (okay yeah Frame 14 Dash grab sucks). I still don't really see the thing with N-Air, and I literally spam it. The only time people drop out is when I'm SH'ing it trying to shark on platforms.
Who knows I could be on crack. A guy can dream right? lol True. But I still think our kicks could use a bit more to them. At least we agree Grab and Movement speed buffs would help.

Top Bottom