• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 189823

You've been on Quickplay too long.
Not my fault nobody uses Zelda "irl".

It's like when elevator was a huge part of Zelda's meta in early Smash 4 and began to see less usage over time.
Well, why did they stop? It's another Frame 6 kill move. Broken, in theory. The only thing I can think about is DI...

I AM TRYHARD!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Codebox

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't trying to say Zelda is impossible to fix. Zelda has too many flaws that the burden of fixing them may warrant the resources required to to do.

I'm back from when horse emblem was a thing. Is it mixed teams/armour emblem these days?

No Zelda player that actually goes to tournaments plays the way you describe.
I can see that. However Zelda could still be flawed, but usable. She just doesn't have enough to offset her flaws. She's suppose to be a glass canon (that's literally what a glass canon is) but has always just had the glass. Ultimate just needs to give her the canon. I'm by no means a tourney level person, so for all I know I could be missing things here. After all Pichu's self damage could be considered a fundamental design flaw (it was certainly the case for Melee) but Ultimate manages to keep that flaw but make Pichu amazing!

You've been on Quickplay too long.

It's like when elevator was a huge part of Zelda's meta in early Smash 4 and began to see less usage over time. Zelda doesn't have the best camping game and people will adjust.
Phantom is different than 4 Farore's. Even so Zelda was viewed as unviable from the start of Smash 4's meta. (she was even considered the worst character on the first official tier list, whereas she's not even considered the worst in Ultimate. Yes opinions have started to view her less favorably as of recent, but nobody calls her the worst.) Phantom also offers more than just a niche KO option.

Don't get me wrong Phantom won't win any awards and isn't like a (OMG BEST MOVE SPAM FOR DAYZ) but it gives Zelda something other than a niche. At the very least she can use it to edgeguard, considering she's never had an edgeguard game before. Smash 4 Farore's was also a "catch by surprise" type of thing since Farore's in Melee/Brawl was never considered a KO option so the KO factor threw people off. However shielding/air dodging was so overpowered it was virtually useless to go for. Phantom is generally viewed as an improvement over it's Smash 4 iteration.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
WTFLOLNO. Are you on crack. We have a literal Frame 6 kill move. It just takes a bad poke on our shield and they're dead at 50.

If I had to pick, I'd just buff our run speed and maybe grab (okay yeah Frame 14 Dash grab sucks). I still don't really see the thing with N-Air, and I literally spam it. The only time people drop out is when I'm SH'ing it trying to shark on platforms.
Compare her "kill move" to other kill moves and you may change your mind very quickly. She's also saddled with TWO of the same exact thing for Fair/Bair, giving her no spam-aerial approaches like the rest of the decently viable characters. So she's very predictable since all you have to watch out for is "hurty hurty twinkle toes" if she's not on the ground. She's gotta outplay a person to get something she already has to work way too hard to get - let alone time/aim.

Compared to Sm4sh she was buffed for sure. It's essentially her moving 6 steps ahead and everyone moves 5 steps, except they were already 4 or more steps ahead of her to begin with.

I'm back from when horse emblem was a thing. Is it mixed teams/armour emblem these days?
Armor emblem is still nice, but husbando emblem is better. Pick a husbando, +10, pair with M!Corrin, let them solo content/arena/etc. :^)

IS is actively adding more ways to screw over Calvary or at least keep them behind in terms of advancement with the rest of the cast. Meanwhile Infantry's been getting buffed with a bunch of Infantry-only stuff. Essentially, your best all-in-one character is Infantry with DC or CC.

D

Deleted member 189823

Compare her "kill move" to other kill moves and you may change your mind very quickly. She's also saddled with TWO of the same exact thing for Fair/Bair, giving her no spam-aerial approaches like the rest of the decently viable characters. So she's very predictable since all you have to watch out for is "hurty hurty twinkle toes" if she's not on the ground. She's gotta outplay a person to get something she already has to work way too hard to get - let alone time/aim.
Avoiding it is kind of easier said than done. A guy said "all he has to do" is avoid Kick, but it's not like I'm always randomly throwing it out in neutral. A lot of the times it comes from people doing something stupid on my shield, like a Smash attack or a tilt. Hell, I've punished people for single hit Jabs off of a Parry. Same goes for Up-B. They're Frame 6 kill moves, and you have to be perfect to always avoid it.

I don't need a spammable poking tool.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think Zelda being more common online might hurt her chances of being buffed.

Armor emblem is still nice, but husbando emblem is better. Pick a husbando, +10, pair with M!Corrin, let them solo content/arena/etc. :^)

IS is actively adding more ways to screw over Calvary or at least keep them behind in terms of advancement with the rest of the cast. Meanwhile Infantry's been getting buffed with a bunch of Infantry-only stuff. Essentially, your best all-in-one character is Infantry with DC or CC.
Hmm the main game content is mostly doable for me. I'm just not patient/smart enough to complete some abyssal maps. Shame my +10 units aren't even close to relevant these days.

Wish I came back sooner. Tibarn is a top tier husbando. Male Corrin is just... bleh. Not that good looking and lacks any form of a brain in Fates. I do have two of them though.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What is going on Kaguya-sama fans? :ultpalutena:

So I've been watching Kaguya-sama and I'm really enjoying it so far. Its humour and over exaggerated reactions are great and I love the chemistry between the whole main three characters. And the animation is way too damn good for a Slice of Life RomCom.

Also, time to post some Duel Links that no one cares about. :V

Tyranno Hassleberry's available now. :yeahboi:

Solid drops in the form of Giant Rex and I heard you can get Cyberstego from Ultimate Tyranno Hassleberry, but nothing yet so far. At least you can get 1 from the Reward List for the event. And I think because of Tyranno, Dinos will be coming back as a Meta Deck. Survival's End is super helpful as it allows you to special summon Dinos and then can sack said Dinos to remove any card on your opponent's field.

But mix that with Giant Rex and Evilswarm Salamandra, then you can just Banish Giant Rex, only for it to come back which is amazing tbh.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Avoiding it is kind of easier said than done. A guy said "all he has to do" is avoid Kick, but it's not like I'm always randomly throwing it out in neutral. A lot of the times it comes from people doing something stupid on my shield, like a Smash attack or a tilt. Hell, I've punished people for single hit Jabs off of a Parry. Same goes for Up-B. They're Frame 6 kill moves, and you have to be perfect to always avoid it.

I don't need a spammable poking tool.
She does need a spammable poking tool. She needs something for neutral that's not a 1.5 second "hey, want a free hit?" move that is very easy to avoid.

If they don't have to come to her, she's pretty much at a disadvantaged assuming they know the very simple MU vs her. It's obvious they want her to be a team/ffa character. But they go ahead and make characters who are also team/ffa balanced who also have some 1v1 tools.

So Zelderp is just sitting there going "Ye. I'm balanced like this for, like, literally no reason lmao. But I am kawaii desu moe so it's OK that I'm bad anyway. :^)" She's the Team/FFA character. In a game where most characters who are Team/FFA-ish still have aspects that allow them to 1v1 kinda OKishly.

On the plus side, people who don't know how to shield or block or stay away from her super short range = free kills. But that goes for literally any other heavy hitter so oopsie doodle she doesn't even have that noob-stomping niche exclusively to herself.

Hmm the main game content is mostly doable for me. I'm just not patient/smart enough to complete some abyssal maps. Shame my +10 units aren't even close to relevant these days.

Wish I came back sooner. Tibarn is a top tier husbando. Male Corrin is just... bleh. Not that good looking and lacks any form of a brain in Fates. I do have two of them though.
Male Corrin isn't the husbando, gorlo. He's the husbando-helper. His Yato gives +4 to all stats via drives, along with the typical +1/+2 from the Ally Support. He doesn't need to be +10'd either, but he scores better if you do. His stats are also Camilla-tier in terms of balance so tacking on +2 raw stats on to his statline is pretty decent.

As for how mindless Corrin was, they don't really try to hide it. He was severely sheltered and kept ignorant on purpose. He's essentially the typical optimistic and naive qtpi protagonist, like Rex from Xenoblade (minus the 3+ waifus that are after his goodies). And unlike most protags who are like that, he actually has a reason for being that way. Also, his optimistic and naive nature actually hurts his group occasionally, as it would in any scenario dealing with war oopsie. So despite Fates' bad writing, they kinda did OK for the THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U DUM + 2 NICE!!! consequences.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

She does need a spammable poking tool. She needs something for neutral that's not a 1.5 second "hey, want a free hit?" move that is very easy to avoid.

If they don't have to come to her, she's pretty much at a disadvantaged assuming they know the very simple MU vs her. It's obvious they want her to be a team/ffa character. But they go ahead and make characters who are also team/ffa balanced who also have some 1v1 tools.

So Zelderp is just sitting there going "Ye. I'm balanced like this for, like, literally no reason lmao. But I am kawaii desu moe so it's OK that I'm bad anyway. :^)" She's the Team/FFA character. In a game where most characters who are Team/FFA-ish still have aspects that allow them to 1v1 kinda OKishly.

On the plus side, people who don't know how to shield or block or stay away from her super short range = free kills. But that goes for literally any other heavy hitter so oopsie doodle she doesn't even have that noob-stomping niche exclusively to herself.
You're kawaii desu.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Male Corrin isn't the husbando, gorlo. He's the husbando-helper. His Yato gives +4 to all stats via drives, along with the typical +1/+2 from the Ally Support. He doesn't need to be +10'd either, but he scores better if you do. His stats are also Camilla-tier in terms of balance so tacking on +2 raw stats on to his statline is pretty decent.
Oh I know.

I just went to the wiki for FEH. All the desirable husbandos are locked at 5 stars :( I'll probably whale for Summer Ike (like that'll ever happen in waifu emblem heroes).

I'll never understand the Camilla and Lyn obsession.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Dead or Alive 6's soundtrack is pretty awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynws-163sUY. So far, I'm really liking "FACE", the main menu theme, "Have a break!", the shop theme, "THE ZEN", the training stage's theme, and the tracks called "Ontology", "Virtue", and "Free" which I don't know where they're played on since I only checked out the soundtrack. "Ontology" reminds me of music from The King of Fighters, but if it were more electronica. There's even a "Drunk Jam Session" which is so funky.

The game is a thing. It's another Dead or Alive and like with the previous game, the DLC is ridiculous. Its first season pass is $92.99 meaning not only will there be more season passes, but you're shelling out almost a $100 for one game's DLC most of which is made up of cosmetics when you could have bought almost two $59.99 games or a bunch of lower priced games, especially if they're on sale.

Well, on a not so crazy, money grabbing note, I found out what Leifang's idle animation looks like and it's really weird. She fights using tai ji quan which is also known as tai chi or tai chi chuan. For those of you who who have watched Avatar: The Last Airbender and/or The Legend of Korra, tai chi is the martial art that waterbending was based on. As far as I know, tai chi makes use of circular, flowing motions and incorporates explosive power with how you strike by using sudden rotation and sinking to ground yourself with an attack if that makes any sense. The rotation and sink principles is how the one inch punch works and can be implemented with any other striking martial art really as the idea is not to simply hit the target, but to hit through them. Anyway, her idle stance is trying to show the circular arm motions, but it's just her arms moving which is really weird, especially with her stance and hips moving/not moving. There was a comment saying she looks drunk, but I think looking like a poorly and creepily animated puppet might fit better. We have Brad Wong for a drunk because he's a drunken boxer; a zui quan practitioner. Apparently, it's been like this since at least DoA5 and perhaps before. It's weird since DoA's animations are pretty good and look really smooth, but then Leifang shows up and it's like, "Well, this exists. Let's never have her stand in one spot again because I'd like to be able to sleep at night."

Here's Leifang's section in a costumes video of DoA6 that shows her in her idle stance: https://youtu.be/8vAqf4cMwHA?t=1391. Mostly safe for work since DoA6 doesn't have any swimsuit costumes yet, but there are some pro wrestling, MMA, and other outfits that are kind of revealing.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oh I know.

I just went to the wiki for FEH. All the desirable husbandos are locked at 5 stars :( I'll probably whale for Summer Ike (like that'll ever happen in waifu emblem heroes).

I'll never understand the Camilla and Lyn obsession.
Both of them are as ride or die as royalty can be. Das why, gorlo.

Camilla is at least waaaay different than most female protags, despite looking like a typical heaux-villain.

D

Deleted member 189823

Not gonna lie, I want to make Top 8 at a major one day.

A guy can dream.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' Under Night In-Birth Exe Late[st] fans? :ultcorrinf:

Feeling in the mood to do another one of those inspired FSG stuff, so I'll do one on Linne. :secretkpop:

Linne's debut in UNIEL was met with some solid ideas and mechanics for her. For one, Linne has the ability to Double Jump in this game, whereas everyone cannot. Meaning that he fuzzy and neutral game excel pretty damn well.

Despite her small size, she actually has some nice range to her normals as well. Her 6C Rekka has strong range which allows her to apply pressure at a safe distance. She also has access to a Dodge Roll too which allows her to do crossups and mixups with her opponent and escape safely too with the press of A+B. This also lasts 24 Frames, meaning that she can play safe and get in safely to deal as much damage as she can to her opponent. Her range and projectiles do allow her to deal with longer ranges and opposing fighters like Gordeau and Waldstein, despite being on the slow side too. She even has a fullscreen move in the form of Charged Sky Fangs (236B (Charge)) which can catch opponents off guard if they're far away from Linne, so she fares pretty well. Her crossup game is good too, with her jumping 2B, which if whiffed allows her to cross the opponent up the moment they land or even attempt Oki.

Neutral Wise. Linne focuses heavily on Kuuga, 2B, 2C and so on. Especially for certain matchups, 2C allows Linne to contest against Orie, Dashblocking helps her deal with Yuzuriha, Carmine, Merkava and Vatista. 66C (Or Dashing C) helps her fight against Hyde. Backdashing while not the best, helps her fight against Gordeau, one of the best characters in the game. Weaknesses... Well, while her 6C Rekka has great range and good projectiles, knowledgable players will be able to counterattack with ease and deal with Linnes nonsense, her Roll while is mashable can be hit out of when timed right, forcing Linne to eat a huge amount of damage. Characters like Waldstein and Gordeau can easily demolish her with their amazing range, great damage and incredible combo games and neutral games. While her Divekick is good too, a Gordeau player could easily snuff it out with their Anti-Air and punish accordingly to where they are.

With that said, Linne is often seen in High Tier (A Tier). JIYUNA placed her at 6th on the Tier List, due to how fast, good damage, projectiles and neutral she has. Whereas Destrade (Who was the #1 Best Gordeau in UNIEL), placed her 4th, behind Merkava and in front of Eltnum.
UNIST time, Linne seems to not have changed that much, but has dwindled a bit throughout the meta of UNIST, meaning she is not as strong as she used to be. However, despite that the game is far more balanced then you think; Linne still does what she does best. Play a neutral heavy game. Kuuga and 6C are still great for her Neutral and utilizing her other moves as well based on certain Matchups she has to contest with. But with newcomers such as Mika, Wagner and Byakuya, they give Linne far more trouble then she would want. Having a better chance of getting in, dealing damage and even messing with her mixups and crossup potential. Linne also has powered up fighters to worry about even more, characters like Akatsuki who went from Worst in the game, to Best in the game. Vatista and her zoning capabilities can even scare Linne much more with how stronger they have gotten and Hyde who was seen as a decent character in UNIEL, got even better in UNIST. Linne does struggle much, much more now and has to win Neutral far more then ever before. Though despite these, Linne did get one buff to her health pool, no longer is it 9.500 but now 10,600. Meaning she is a bit much tanky on the health side. And she also get a Vorpal which allows her FF Roll to cancel 2 frames earlier then before, meaning that instead of a 24 Frame Roll, she'll gain a 22 Frame Roll. It may not seem much, but it definitely helps out in the end.

Linne also has some tournament results as well. Here goes the list of her placings and the following players. Linne has placed in the following:
- Linne placed 9th at Frosty Faustings XI by Miller2B
- 7th Place at NEC 19 by Wormdog
- 4th Place at CEOtaku 2018 by Hiari
- 7th at Celtic Throwdown 2018 by GreatOldOne
- 4th Place at CEO 2018 by J3
- 1st Place at VSFighting 2018 and at Destination Fight 5 by Hiari
- And 2nd Place at Combo Breaker 2018 by the hands of J3 along with getting 13th by Miller2B.

We'd list more, but then this would be far bigger then before. Despite these placings, Linne is often seen in A Tier, while that may seen good. You have to remember that for Anime Fighters, A usually means Mid Tier. So while not too bad, she has dwindled from her High Tier placing in UNIEL, but hey. At least she isn't Enkidu, right?
And finally, BBTAG. Linne has fallen even further then before when introduced into this game it's unfathomable. No longer is she a High Tier threat in UNIEL, nor is she Mid Tier in UNIST. She's often seen as a Bottom 5 character. A HUGE far cry from before, while Linne does have great pokes in the form of 5B, fast normals and movement and still a strong neutral game. These just don't make up for the many issues she has. For one, her once solid damage output is now one of the worst out there. Linne wishes she could hit 6k easy like Ragna, Jin, Gordeau, Hakumen and Waldstein, sadly she can only muster around 4k or just be short of 6k with 5.9k with no meter. Not only that, her once unique trait of Double Jumping is now universal to almost the whole cast (Except Tager who cannot Double Jump, I mean can you imagine him double jumping, that would be frightening), meaning her trait that was in Under Night is no longer unique to her. Her assists are often seen as her worst aspect of her, not having the best assists really hurts her as an anchor meaning if you plan on using her, you'd best always have on point and use someone else to help mitigate her poor damage output. Not only that, due to the transition from UNIST to BBTAG, she has also lost her fullscreen Sky Fangs, meaning she's more of a sitting duck and can be outrange by Ruby, Hakumen, Merkava, Gordeau, Waldstein, etc.

She is not that good at all in this game. Her matchups are not that good either, most of the Persona cast can dance around. While she still has her invincible roll, other characters can still just deny her of her options and counter accordingly. Her range outside of 5B is pitiful now and lacks reliable ways to do damage outside of relying on meter and assists.

And we actually have a few placings for Linne in BBTAG, it's not much but here goes:

Linne has placed 13th at SoCal Regionals by Karuda with Linne/Yuzuriha. 17th at EVO 2018 by Kumojaki with Linne/Es and 17th at EVO Japan by Shiroitori with Yosuke/Linne. Linne just struggles really hard in BBTAG, losing numerous options that she had in Under Night and losing hard to several team compositions.
So, how GOOD was Linne? Well to be honest, she started off great in UNIEL but even fell off the map, going from Mid Tier in UNIST to being a Bottom Tier character in BBTAG all thanks to lack of options, damage and bad assists. In UNIST, she does have a fighting chance against the cast due to how balanced the game is, but when it comes to BBTAG, you better hope your opponent has zero matchup experience against Linne in order to make her work. But with the Arcade Edition coming out soon, we can hope Linne does do better from the incoming balance changes and patch notes when it does come to consoles.

Also, almost done with my University assessment. Just gotta work on something called a Gantt Chart, showing a timeline and how to plan out my projects. So once I've done this Gantt chart, I'll submit my work and then proceed with my next assessment.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So Intern-kun strikes again and assets have been released for the banner we'll be getting soon. It's an FE6 banner that has:
1) Lugh - Raigh's twin brother, green serpent tome (finally lmao)
2) Sue - Rath + Lyn confirmed
3) Rutger - brown haired Navarre oboi
4) Indunn - evil heaux, GHB or TT so it's a free heaux at least

We're due for another Tempest Trial soon. So it's either this banner or the next major banner which would be the Spring Banner at the very end of March. Either way I'm not pulling on this banner at all. We have enough swordies, Sue is probably another glass cannon cavalry archer, and Lugh is just a worse Nino or a worse Boey as far as I'm concerned.

edit

btw added the following songs to B•GAL:
1) Focus w/o Jamie Foxx (godsend tbh)
2) DAS MY GORL
3) Gorls got the P O W E R
4) Look at what you made me do, heaux
5) Let them heauxes say what they wanna say

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I saw it mentioned that last April was when we got the 4-5* demotion, so here's to hoping that this April, they demote some of the "bad" 5* exclusives like Mist (whom I still don't have) or Sanaki (who comes with hone atk and ta lol). I know that’s asking a lot of IS considering their track record, but i’m feeling optimistic for once.

I’m indifferent about the new banner since i haven’t played fe6, but
idunn’s sprite is really cool, and I would love for her to be a f2p manakete i could merge up. i'm sure IS will milk the player base and put her on the banner since she's popular tho

We technically do not know if there is another unit on the banner. since fe6 wasn't translated into English, we can only guess at the epithets since they won't necessarily match up with the fan translations (and the both lugh and idunn proved that). Assuming Idunn is free means that we'd be getting a 3 person banner, which would be disappointing after waiting over 2 years for the first fe6 banner lol. Also, the RD banner was a 4 unit banner and was announced at the same time, so maybe that means something? Taking her popularity into consideration, Idunn could feasibly be a banner unit and we could get someone else a ghb, which would make sense because some of the possible ghb candidates don't really have epithets, so the image asset url couldn't be guessed like with the others. idk i just hope we get another unit

but fr, IS pls demote Sanaki to at least 4* so I can +10 her. she does not belong in the 5* exclusive pool; she’s essentially a slightly more min-maxed lilina (who is already 3-4*), with like +1 spd +3 res in exchange for a couple points of def and hp. added on to that, her base kit is trash and her refine isn’t even *that* good (although it is very nice), and there are way more broken units in the 3-4* pool. in this essay i will

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going fans of ___? :ultlucina:

Managed to submit my work thanks to getting the extension of my deadline and just recently had a one-to-one tutorial as well with a TA to get through my next part of this course. Now I'll be looking at doing design concepts and evaluating them for my piece.

Also, I'll be having pancakes tonight after dinner and I'm looking forward to that too.

I was gonna post another UNIST joke, but I think I've done enough of that. :secretkpop:

But since I mentioned UNIST, I can now move the topic to BBTAG again! Since a gameplay trailer for Naoto Kurogane got revealed, showing off his Smart Combos and Specials, even showing off a cheeky little combo at the end which I think does 7.5k to 8k.

Dash Cancels and allowing to do Enhancer stuff. Hope you like Carpal Tunnel if you plan on maining him. :secretkpop:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I saw it mentioned that last April was when we got the 4-5* demotion, so here's to hoping that this April, they demote some of the "bad" 5* exclusives like Mist (whom I still don't have) or Sanaki (who comes with hone atk and ta lol). I know that’s asking a lot of IS considering their track record, but i’m feeling optimistic for once.
Sanaki is a worse Lilina as far as I'm concerned. Red is just bad for magic and Lilina is the only infantry red magic user who's worth using with proper investment and not much team support. Tharja is pretty good with team support but AOE nukes are way better at breaking the game than Blade Tomes if there's Special Spiral in use anyway.

I wish IS would just do changes like they did with the merging thing. That's the only time they went back and totally changed something instead of adding bandaids with refines/skill inheritance/seals. Her tome can be the 1st beast slayer to make it actually kinda-good. Because the things her refined tome does now is just useless for a red magic user and Drive Atk is pretty garbage just by itself too.

Speaking of useless, there's also Felicia's Refine which should've included a tome-specific Dull Range or something. Her prf itself is fine, the effect is half-baked considering how OP magic can get.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
IMPORTANT NEWS: I FOUND ANOTHER WII FIT TRAINER PLAYER ONLINE. IT TOOK 2 MONTHS BUT I FINALLY DID IT.
I HAVE A NEW FRIENDDDDDDDDDD

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
IMPORTANT NEWS: I FOUND ANOTHER WII FIT TRAINER PLAYER ONLINE. IT TOOK 2 MONTHS BUT I FINALLY DID IT.
I HAVE A NEW FRIENDDDDDDDDDD
I haven't run into 1 and it's very disappointing tbh. :^(

Speaking of disappointing, I hooked up my Switch to my monitor to see if I could finally have 0 delay fighting. And I do. And I hate it. I've gotten so used to 35ms-70ms delay that having 10ms feels like the worst. I had that kind of delay for over a decade and my timing was built around it. And after certain procedures I'm incapable of reacting as fast as I used to with handheld controllers (no Melee speed oops) so I can't even take advantage of it in a timely matter.

B U T now I can't go back to my old TV because Switch on a computer monitor looks super nice.

I have cursT myself by using a blessT monitor. send help

On to less cursT things and more blessT things, here are some new songs for the B•GAL I guess:
1) Bravely Default's OoOo-AaAa-OoOo-AaAa-OoOo-AaAaaaa song
2) You Drive Me Crazy by Kween Brit ofc
3) Just Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fiiiiine
4) Light It Up
5) Playing Zelda is a different kind of danger (Delilah by FoM) also known as the song you play on repeat if you're a Zelda main until Gawdess Sakurai finally buffs our gorl

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
...I just beat a few chain challenges in order to scrounge up enough orbs to do a final full summon on roy's LHB and hopefully break my pity rate. well, i was absolutely blessed with a +spd -res adrift!m!corrin and a +atk -def gunnthrá. i'm so grateful, and am definitely merging into the new m!corrin since the one i pulled from his vg banner is +res -def. however, as for gunnthrá, i'm not so sure what to do because rn mine is +1 +spd. should i merge into the new one or is the spd more important?

Sanaki is a worse Lilina as far as I'm concerned. Red is just bad for magic and Lilina is the only infantry red magic user who's worth using with proper investment and not much team support. Tharja is pretty good with team support but AOE nukes are way better at breaking the game than Blade Tomes if there's Special Spiral in use anyway.
I completely agree; she's 5* locked for literally zero reason. There's no real reason to use her over someone like Celica/Lilina/W!Tharja/etc.

I'm glad someone else knows this song! I'm a huge FatM fan! I have this song in a lot of my playlists lol

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
however, as for gunnthrá, i'm not so sure what to do because rn mine is +1 +spd. should i merge into the new one or is the spd more important?
Considering Blizzard is like a reverse -blade tome, +Spd seems more important to insure she can get as many follow-ups as she can. She could one-shot people since Blizzard runs off of debuffs on the enemy, but her attack isn't high like that of Delthea, Lilina, and Sanaki where they can reliably one-shot with a -blade tome or in regular Lilina's case, stack a bunch of attack with unique refined Forblaze. Same dealio with Celica where her offenses only differs in one point of attack from Gunnthra's, but Ragnarok is a thing.

Anyway, the new banner's up and apparently Thea's on the banner and she's introducing Vanguard as the defense version of Berkut's Lance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asSAlN_IKTg.

She's probably going to be demoted since Lugh has Rally Up Res+ and Atk Feint while Thea only has Vanguard+ and Steady Posture as something new or noteworthy. Remember when two stat Seal skills existed? Thea's here to introduce Seal Spd/Def 2. Thea's default kit reminds me of Catria's which might have been intentional. Also, she had 42 total defense in the video and 11 of it came from Vanguard+ (+7) and Steady Posture 2 (+4) as she was attacked meaning her base neutral defense is 31. She did 65 damage against the sword flier where Ignis added 33 to her would have normally done 32 damage. For Ignis to have added 33 damage, she would have needed 42 total defense; 42 * 0.8 = 33.6 rounded down to 33.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde +spd for sure. +res for Ploy Res ofc tho. As for FatM, I think Spectum's remix is my fav but Delilah has more playtime on my playlist so far oopsT.

btw looks like Bara King Askr is undead evil fodder now. Hel is such a petty heaux, I swear. Also lmao @ ANOTHER myrmidon freebie unit.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How is it going CHESTO fans?

:nifty:

Been practicing a bit more BBCF and the microdashes do scare me a bit, but I'll be working on that. Still gonna main Celica, was considering also playing Kokonoe, but might not anymore. And that you very rarely see players in Anime Fighters have secondaries, pockets or co-mains. Also, can we have Celica in BBTAG please? She could get in there easily, she'll get lost because she can't read maps. :secretkpop:

Also, as for my University work. I have to improve on my design ideas and come up with concepts on what they could be. Designing eight and then choosing three.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Saw the Vanguard spear. Time to +10 my Lukas. Have the feathers and units for it too.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Saw the Vanguard spear. Time to +10 my Lukas. Have the feathers and units for it too.
*magic character looks at Lukas funny*
*Lukas vomits cheesecake and dies*
oopsT
Realtalk, the true OP boi is actually Donnel, not Lukas. Though if Lukas is your husbando than ofc he is worth while and has a niche. At least he's not SoL like Hinata. :^)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
*magic character looks at Lukas funny*
*Lukas vomits cheesecake and dies*
oopsT
Realtalk, the true OP boi is actually Donnel, not Lukas. Though if Lukas is your husbando than ofc he is worth while and has a niche. At least he's not SoL like Hinata. :^)
I'm not too big on Lukas but he has helped a ton with GHBs. He was already +6 when I first quit. I usually manage to have Lukas not get killed by magic units.

Oh and I have this: https://i.imgur.com/3xfvW93.jpg

I saw on Reddit that he's getting a buff. Nice!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Damn, RIP Thea. She's literally Catria, but without Whitewing Lance. Also, gen 3 ranged infantry and ranged cavalry with higher than 144-45 BST.

Idunn's 45 HP, 35 Atk, 26 Spd, 39 Def, and 34 Res gives her 179 BST. She's a trainee from what I read. Anyway, she has defense and resistance superassets and a speed superflaw. +Res Idunn hits 42 Def and 38 Res at full health and without Fortress Def/Res 3. With her default Fortress Def/Res 3, she will have 48 Def and 44 Res and at < 100% or if she's affected by a negative status effect, Demonic Breath's effect give her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4, so her defenses would be 52 Def and 48 Res.

Thea's 37 HP, 31 Atk, 35 Spd, 31 Def, and 28 Res gives her 162 BST, gen 2 melee flier BST. She has no superassets and HP and Def superflaws. Compared to Catria, -2 HP, +1 Spd, +2 Def, and +3 Res.

Rutger's 44 HP, 32 Atk, 39 Spd, 29 Def, and 24 Res gives him 168 BST. If he were summonable, then he would have had speed and resistance superassets and a defense superflaw. In terms of stats, he continues the trend of powercreeping Athena, but compared to brave Celica and Mia, he trades a personal sword and the ability to get assets for essentially +6 HP. Compared to Athena, +8 HP, +1 Atk, +1 Spd, and +2 Def. Compared to brave Celica, +6 HP, -1 Atk, and -1 Spd and compared to Mia +6 HP, +1 Def, and -1 Res. As a free sword infantry, I think Marisa and Navarre are more comparable. With Marisa, Rutger has -2 HP, +2 Atk, +3 Spd, -1 Def, and +3 Res and compared to Navarre, +2 HP, +1 Atk, +2 Spd, and +6 Def. Granted, Navarre also has a personal sword, but yeah...

Lugh's 37 HP, 35 Atk, 36 Spd, 17 Def, and 31 Res gives him 156 BST. He has HP and attack superassets and a defense superflaw. He's basically Soren with more stats in return for not having a personal tome. Compared to Soren, +1 HP, +2 Atk, +2 Spd, and +2 Res. Yes, seriously. Anyway, compared to regular Nino, +4 HP, +2 Atk, -2 Def, and +5 Res.

Sue's 36 HP, 32 Atk, 38 Spd, 23 Def, and 20 Res gives her 149 BST. She has no superassets and HP and def superflaws. Compared to brave Lyn, +1 HP, -1 Atk, +3 Spd, +5 Def, and -8 Res. So, she's basically a +Spd, -Def brave Lyn without Mulagir.

And then Lukas proceeds to get a personal Vanguard in the future. This is why I don't inherit weapons to units anymore... or even refine some of them.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I ended up caving and spent $20 for a last chance at another V!Soren since my pity rate was at 4.75%. Good news, I got 3 5 stars with those orbs! Bad news, none of them were Soren!

+Res F!Morgan. I could do some mage tanking thing with her but I'll prob just fodder her tome off instead.
+Spd Linde. Right after Delthea's refine comes out and I was considering giving it to her, I get better Delthea. And she has better IV's than my Delthea's +Res. Seriously rip Delthea..... except I really don't need any more blue tome units (ESPECIALLY infantry blue tome users) so rip both of them I guess.
+Def V!Ike. I got him with my last 4 orbs since I wasn't able to quit and do another summon anyways, and picked red in the off-chance I got Ike. Aaaaaand it actually happened wow. That's gonna be another merge for him because there's VERY few armor units that I care about, and none of them would want Special Fighter (really the 2 units that use the skill the best are the 2 units that already have it on their base kit). And if someone else wants DC or Even Spd Wave (which is currently nobody), I have a spare Hector and Karla for that, and a spare B!Eph in the extremely low chance that someone would want Special Fighter.

Anyways I guess I need to get Special Spiral for Sonya now and spam Growing Wind everywhere.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How is it going Dante fans? :ultbayonetta:

I got nothing witty or interesting to talk about. So I'll just go over the Duel Links stuff I went through yesterday and talk about Tyranno Hassleberry's event. :secretkpop:

Giant Rex
Level 4
Dinosaur/Effect/EARTH
2000 ATK/1200 DEF

Cannot attack directly. If this card is banished: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do, this card gains 200 ATK for each of your banished Dinosaur monsters. You can only use this effect of "Giant Rex" once per turn.

The negative effect might turn off players from using it, but it's actually really damn good. Mix in Evilswarm Salamandra and you basically have a Dino that keeps on coming back thanks to Salamandra's effect of banishing monsters. It also allows plays with Tyranno's other good card "Survival's End" which I'll get to in a bit. Plus, if you're up against say Spellbooks or Amazoness, it can come back after being banished which is great, allows you to have an option to prevent your opponent from attacking directly.

Black Stego
Level 4
Dinosaur/Effect/EARTH
1200 ATK/2000 DEF

If this face-up Attack Position card is targeted for an attack: Change this card to Defense Position.

It's an alright effect, but I feel like that because of how the meta has evolved so far in DL, it's not that very useful. Since Enemy Controller exists, Super Rush Headlong and Koa'kis being piles of trash make it something I can't recommend. Maybe if you want a wall.

Miracle Jurassic Egg
Level 4
Dinosaur/Effect/EARTH
0 ATK/2000 DEF

While face-up on the field, this card cannot be banished. Each time a Dinosaur-Type monster(s) is sent to your Graveyard, place 2 counters on this card. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your Deck whose Level is less than or equal to the number of counters that were on this card.

Honestly, I don't think this is that good of an option for Dinos, since there are much better options for players to run and play. So maybe skip on this one, unless you want another wall.

Volanic Eruption
Normal Trap

During your End Phase, if you control "Jurassic World": Destroy all cards on the field.

This seems far too situational to be an SR. Since you could fear that your opponent can either Banish it, lock it down or even Vision HERO it off too. Not something I'd recommend.

Survival's End
Normal Trap

Destroy as many Normal Monsters on the field as possible, and if you do, Special Summon Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-Type monsters from your Deck, up to the number destroyed, but destroy them during the End Phase. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 Dinosaur-Type monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy them.

Now this... THIS. Is a damn good card! Sure, it requires you to sack Normal Monsters, but this includes YOUR OPPONENT'S too. So Blue-Eyes decks can get snuffed from this which is great. Even Paleozoic cards count as Normal Monsters too, so you could Special Summon it to the field and have it get sacked for Survival's End's effect. Not only that, its secondary effect when in the GY is amazing. Allowing you to get rid of one Dino on the field (Presumably Giant Rex) to destroy any card on your opponent's field. Fantastic card imo. And since it isn't a Once Per Turn effect, you can easily swarm the field and go crazy.

Frostosaurus
Level 6
Dinosaur/WATER
2600 ATK/1700 DEF

This monster's metabolism enables it to endure long periods of cold, harnessing the power to become a creature of solid ice! Nothing else can withstand such temperatures, especially victims of its glacial rampage.

It's a Normal Monster, I wouldn't recommend it.

Black Veloci
Level 4
Dinosaur/Effect/EARTH
1800 ATK/300 DEF

If this card attacks an opponent's monster, this card gains 400 ATK during the Damage Step only. If this card is attacked by an opponent's monster, this card loses 400 ATK during the Damage Step only.

Ehhh... This is basically Steamroid and that one X-Saber Galahad. Wouldn't suggest this at all.

Evoltile Pleuro
Level 1
Dinosaur/Effect/FIRE
200 ATK/200 DEF

If this card you control is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Evolsaur" monster from your hand.

Since we don't have Xyz yet, I can't say this is good. Don't bother with this card at all.

Evolsaur Terias
Level 6
Dinosaur/Effect/FIRE
2400 ATK/600 DEF

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of an "Evoltile" monster: This card loses 500 ATK.

Again, no Xyz yet. So don't bother.

Little D
Level 3
Dinosaur/EARTH
1100 ATK/700 DEF

Yo, this tyrannosaurus tot's got a terrible temper.

Oh look, it's Exodia's 6th Piece. :secretkpop:

Also, I should mention Ultimate Tyranno's UR exclusive too.

Stegocyber
Level 6
Dinosaur/Effect/DARK
1200 ATK/2400 DEF

During damage calculation, if your opponent's monster attacks while this card is in your Graveyard: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card, and if you do, you take no battle damage from that battle, but banish this card when it leaves the field (this is a Quick Effect). You can only use this effect of "Stegocyber" once per turn.

It can be decent as a solid wall, but the cost can be a bit much maybe. Sure the damage negation is nice, but you have to remember that Koa'kis are roaming about and can just deny you of this. And even OTK you. So eh. Not the best card out of Tyranno's Rewards, but I'd say it's an okay card.

I'd say Tyranno's Event was good. It wasn't amazing, but we did get some really good cards in the form of Giant Rex and Survival's End which are just amazing for Dinos right now. Maybe when Xyz comes out later this year, we'll get some even better support for Dinos and Evolsaur/Evolites.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Hey gorls. Notice something . . . . different about me? ;)

:150:
Your posts will now look like ketchup+mustard forever now.

wut hav u dun

Anyways I guess I need to get Special Spiral for Sonya now and spam Growing Wind everywhere.
tbh it's not really worth it. Sonya's refine is pretty much the crappiest one of the 4 new refines and is crappier than what the other 2 infinite AoE gorls can do (Tailtiu/Lilina). This refine is specifically for Infantry Pulse teams that build up her OP Glacies. An AoE build is pretty garbo and an infinite Glimmer/Moonbow build is better used on Tailtiu... Especially if you're going to feed her S Tier fodder.

They really screwed Sonya over. On the plus side, this horrid refine might be a big sign that she's going to be demoted to 3*/4* soon.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Teddie's bat is his 5B.

I don't know how to feel about this. Since I mained Teddie in P4A.

Anyway, sup Teddie fans? :ultlucina:

Beat Hades in FF9 at Level 40 which I'm proud of. And I didn't even use Zidane either.

I used Vivi, Freya, Quina and Amarant. So I'm well happy with that, got to beat him and unlocked the best shop in the game on my first try. It's funny because I saw one video suggesting I be at Level 50. BRUH, I beat him at Level 40.

Then again, Level 1 Runs say Hades is a joke too. So oh well. *Shrug*

Also, here's the newest video on Teddie.

Let's all have some fun with all the items he tosses! :yeahboi:

Also, it seems that he has all of his specials which is :nifty: except for Puppeteddie (j214x)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hey gorls. Notice something . . . . different about me? ;)

:150:
Welcome to Red Hell. :p

Speaking of Hell, Devil May Cry 5 was released today. Unsurprisingly, it was leaked to Hell and back like what happened to Kingdom Hearts 3. I say this since even though it was leaked closer to its release date than KH3, DMC games aren't known for their length as they're not RPGs. Does not help that the leaks more or less corroborated things people speculated on based on what they showed us in the trailers, especially the final one. I'm not going to talk about the leaks, instead, I want to talk about the song "Legacy" that was played during the final trailer and people ended up uploading the full version to YouTube a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyeTroY6uUY.

The message of "Legacy" fits so perfectly with not just Devil May Cry 5 is about, but the series as a whole. For the game itself, the lyrics seem to talk about Nero and perhaps Dante and Vergil as well. Nero is easy as he is the son of Vergil which was confirmed as while ago, but still left explained as to how Vergil of all people ended up with a kid. Anyway, his legacy is of Vergil as his son and probably the heir to the Yamato and of Sparda as another descendant of the devil who chose to side with humanity. The first trailer showed us that Nero loses his Devil Bringer, thus, robbing him of his power and his inheritance since the Yamato is stored in his arm. In other words, Nero lost his legacy and his journey in DMC5 would be about him reclaiming it and ultimately, learning about his legacy considering the early trailers hinted and the final trailer all, but confirmed that Vergil will return in some shape or form. With Dante and Vergil, the song feels like Eva is singing to them and reminding them to not to give up. They lost their parents and became separated from each other. With the resulting trauma and in their attempts to find their place in the world, the twins chose only a part of their legacy while rejecting the other. Dante rejected his demonic heritage and father in favor of his humanity and mother while Vergil did almost the opposite in embracing his demonic heritage and obsessively trying to obtain his father's power, but he still treasuring his mother even if he decided to cast aside most of his humanity. Ultimately, it is Dante who for the most part ends up with the whole legacy as not just that of a son of Sparda, but also the son of Eva. Dante also ends up being the one to "[stand] beside [Nero]" in terms of a being a blood-related family member and as a link to Nero's bloodline whether or not he knew or figured out Nero was his nephew. All three end up struggling to overcome mountains and are brought to their knees time and time again, but they keep persisting. Dante and Nero in particular continue to fight for humanity just as Sparda did; they continue on his legacy.

For the series as a whole, the lines "You will rise again / This is your legacy!" makes me think about how Devil May Cry is considered the origin or one of the origin points of hack 'n' slash games. Character action, hack 'n' slash, spectacle fighter, whatever you want to call the genre, but plenty of those games have directly or indirectly owed their gameplay to, stated their influence came from, or built off from Devil May Cry. Games like Bayonetta whose developers, PlatinumGames, were the original developers and creators of Devil May Cry, God of War, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Ninja Gaiden, and even games like Dragon's Dogma where granted, it was made by the same, current developers of DMC, an RPG with Devil May Cry's combat is something to take note of. Anyway, those games and arguably the genre as a whole could be considered the legacies of Devil May Cry. Additionally, as Kamiya Hideki and other former members of the original DMC developer team moved on, the current DMC is their legacy. As a result, the efforts and risk that went into DMC5 could be considered as a tribute to the original developers who pioneered the hack 'n' slash genre and as an attempt to not let their creation go to waste. In other words, DMC will rise again to reclaim its legacy as a hack 'n' slash game and of its creators.

And for more Devil May Cry related things, guess who I summoned in Fire Emblem Heroes?
Lugh showed up and if he weren't green, but red, he'd upstage his twin brother so bad just like Dante did with Vergil. :p

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...n_your_twin_brother_gets_the_better_statline/.

3* Cherche #1: +Res, -Def.

4* Cherche #2: +Res, -Atk.

4* Eliwood: +Atk, -HP.

4* Seth: neutral.

4* Tailtiu: +Atk, -Res.

4* Lachesis #1: +Res, -HP.

4* Lachesis #2: +Atk, -Def.

5* Lugh: +Def, -Res.

4* Roderick: +Atk, -Def.

4* Sothe: +Spd, -HP.

3* Arthur : +Def, -Res.

3* Athena: +Def, -Res.

3* Felicia: +Spd, -Def.

4* Hinata: +Def, -HP.

4* Robin: +Def, -Res.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sooooo, I somehow got 2 Idunn's with 30 orbs (free redeem+1 ticket) so I was baited into continue pulling. I have a -spd/+atk one I'll build solely for HM farming and I'll throw DC on her as well. Then when the time comes T•H•W•A•K, that heaux is going to have Vengeful Fighter and DC sacrifice her to a true armor gorl. I may just build up a Gwendolyn again since I made a bad decision and sacrificed her to Winter Teacher Mom. And the 1st Gwen I summoned after that was a -spd/+def one. Almost as if she was saying "Ye I understand and respect your decision gorl and I will be here for you when you realize that you've made a terrible mistake."

100/1 i cri evritiem

I hope she gets a good refine. Just a simple 16mt Killer Lance with +4 def/res when attacked works. Or Bond Def/Res. You don't need attack buffs when you've got the power of Bonfire/Ignis and anime on your side.

Also, none of the Fates husbandos/waifus were demoted. So. Like. Either this indicates a summoning pool demotion spree or IS just wants to see how mad they can make us before springing a S Tier husbando/waifu on us for the TT unit. inb4 Masked Marth

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Teddie's bat is his 5B.

I don't know how to feel about this. Since I mained Teddie in P4A.

Anyway, sup Teddie fans? :ultlucina:
Teddie is best boi :^) and I barely even remember playing that game, assuming I ever did oopsT
king teddie.png

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sooooo, I somehow got 2 Idunn's with 30 orbs (free redeem+1 ticket) so I was baited into continue pulling.
Speak of the devil. Idunn showed up for me too. I think the best part about this is that I want Thea the most, but she's the most underwhelming unit. Thea's art is really nice and I don't know, I guess I like characters like Catria, Marisa, and Thea.
4* Athena: neutral. I swear, woman. Please give this derptastic unit who keeps getting powercrept in stats a personal weapon and I might make her a merge project with all these Athenas lying around. Goddamn.

3* Chrom: +Res, -Spd. As much as I would like to do a meme build with a +Res Chrom, probably not going to do it over Double or Triple Brazen Chrom.

3* Hinata: +Def, -HP.

5* Idunn: +Def, -Res. Superboon in defense gives her 43 base defense and -Res only drops her to 31 which is fine, but I wished she had showed up as =Res, but whatever.

4* Morgan: +HP, -Atk. Dude shows up a lot. Getting really close to being able to +10 which I don't want to do.

3* Arthur: +HP, -Spd.

4* Bartre: +Def, -Atk.

4* Frederick: neutral.

4* Subaki: +Res, -Spd.

4* Sully: +Spd, -Def.

I just noticed that there's been plenty of devil talk. So, how about more devil talk with some devilishly good music? DoA 6's main menu theme "FACE" has an official club mix and it's pretty awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJMiKudnugM.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
ofc the gorl with the long af posts is gonna post long af songs for the B•GAL :secretkpop:

So I guess it's time to include intro/outro friendly songs to the B•GAL anyway. And what better songs to pick than the OP ones from XCX?
And I suppose Theme X

Seriously though, XCX needs to get a v2.0 port to Switch. That game was 10/10 amazing in all places except the story (the side quests were way better and - ofc - lacked the voice overs/etc/flash the main story got). XCX's Sylvalum day/night is definitely at the top of my game song playlist.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
ofc the gorl with the long af posts is gonna post long af songs for the B•GAL :secretkpop:
Wow, rude.

I don't think anyone has uploaded its normal length. There's only extended versions and one that's a part of the deluxe OST, so it's not on its own. Well, since you're putting in other fighting game music for Zelda, here's a special one that totally fits Zelda.
:p

Here's the normal, official version if you actually want to throw in Nanase's theme for the play list for whatever reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy62vmF3nxQ. And here's an actual remix of it that isn't meme-y or bad, but simply groovy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZCngBAXVNg.

Anyway, I looked up if there were any club mixes of Zelda music. This one takes a bit to build up and the artist's video doesn't call it a club mix unlike the "Various Artists - Topic" channel which calls it "The Legend of Zelda (Club Mix)", but whatever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLzaZ_HXmjw. There's also this remix of Ocarina of Time's Gerudo Valley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzyNdv9Xi8.

On the subject of club music, might as well throw in "Evacuate the Dancefloor" by Cascada: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiXhGlAiDE4. Man, this song is old. I didn't know it was released in 2009, but I remember hearing it in high school during gym class.

tbh it's not really worth it. Sonya's refine is pretty much the crappiest one of the 4 new refines and is crappier than what the other 2 infinite AoE gorls can do (Tailtiu/Lilina). This refine is specifically for Infantry Pulse teams that build up her OP Glacies. An AoE build is pretty garbo and an infinite Glimmer/Moonbow build is better used on Tailtiu... Especially if you're going to feed her S Tier fodder.

They really screwed Sonya over. On the plus side, this horrid refine might be a big sign that she's going to be demoted to 3*/4* soon.
Dark Excalibur does deal 10 damage whenever she triggers a special, so her damage output is about on par as Lewyn, Lilina, Ophelia, Tailtiu, and the other Special Spiral mages. The issue is that it was kind of expected because people knew that she could be a good Special Spiral user because of Dark Excalibur's Wo Dao effect and her good enough attack which itself is a problem since other Special Spiral users have +35 base neutral attack and/or speed while Sonya has 33/31 base neutral offenses. They could have given it a Killer effect because Excalibur tomes are known for their high critical rates, but that would also have been expected. It's not tied to Excalibur and would have made no sense for Merric since he'd also be capable of using it, but the "If unit's HP ≥ 50%, unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally within 2 spaces" effect or even Warp Powder, >= 80% HP threshold, could have referenced Sonya's ability to use Rewarp in Shadows of Valentia. And this would make unique refined Dark Excalibur useless for Merric, but a double ploy effect would have worked to let Sonya use her high resistance. I can't think of much else they could have done for Dark Excalibur.

If anything, it's Sonya and arguably all gen 1 units who need things done to their stats. Freaking Lugh and future gen 3 infantry ranged units have the about the same BST as gen 1 melee infantry; Lugh has 156 BST and can drop to 155 or go up to 157 depending on what his asset and flaw. Faye with her trainee BST is off by 3-4 stat points from gen 1 melee infantry. Anyway, compared to gen 1 infantry ranged units, that's around 9 stat points they're behind. Some gen 1 units are min-maxed and can stand their ground for longer, but sooner or later, something like Bartre, Lukas, and Ogma with more stats will happen. It's already happened with Athena several times, Clarisse, neutral Karel in stats compared to Marisa, Nino, and Soren. Some characters just get different versions of themselves that are the same movement type and weapon type, but with better stats, overall or in distribution, like Ike, Marth, and Roy.

People feel like Sophia got screwed over by getting a personal -raven tome with Bracing Stance 2 as its unique refinement when she's one of the best users of -owl tomes. Bracing Stance makes up part of the bulk she can gain from the -owl effect, but -owl tomes have a much higher ceiling than Def/Res+4 when attacked in terms of bulk. Granted, it's position dependent, but when you can make -owl tomes work or any other be near allies effects work, then they can do a lot for the unit and also the team. She also loses the defense boosts on player phase meaning if she's running Bonfire/Ignis or Iceberg/Glacies, she could end up missing out on kills from not having Def/Res+4 on player phase. Sophia is usually used as an enemy phase unit, but you can't do everyone on one phase.

Weapon triangle advantage over colorless units and in general, more damage isn't what she needed. Sophia wanted more bulk than attack which -owl tomes gave her and which Bracing Stance also does, but not the extent an -owl effect would have been capable of. People ran -raven tomes and other tomes not because she was good at using them which she is, she is a good -raven mage as she is a good -owl mage, but because she had a silver tome with no effects.

Similar situation with the Robins where an -owl effect or Spectrum Bond like Awakened Falchion's unique refinement effect would have made so much sense for the characters who debuted in the game that introduced the Pair Up mechanic. Y'know, the mechanic where units get stronger if they're together? Nope, -raven base effect and Spectrum Tactics as its unique refinement. -raven and -owl or -owl and Spectrum Tactics/Bracing Stance would have been so much better for the Robins and Sophia. They could have even differentiated the Robins where they keep their default tome's effect, but gain -owl as their unique refinement.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
We having a gorls SmashU swap meet today or nah?

Also MS2 has OP descriptions pls ban.

I also remember reading one about huskies but can't find it. It was a husky-pulled sled and it said "They're can carry even the heaviest of cargo up any hill... Except your mum." The game may be bleh super casual, but the descriptions are just too much.

Wow, rude.

As for the Sonya thing. She isn't a 4* or lower summon unlike the other 2 gorls. Her niche is very particular only because of how rare she is and how better other +10able mages are.

Tailtiu gets WRATH in her tome and Darting Blow. She has 1 less atk/4 more spd than Sonya while also having the best color for more coverage. So doubling with her is a sure thing and she doesn't fall behind in AOE damage or single target damage since she's somewhat frail with a hefty HP pool to ensure she can survive a single hit. Sonya is very lopsided so a physical hit is fatal and a magical one is a tickle.

Tailtiu and Lilina are gawdesses because their tomes synergize incredibly (stupidly) well with what they can do or want to do. Ophelia is pretty good too, but she's a 5* locked mage and requires a mage-tastic start to abuse her gimmick. So ironically, despite being very awkward, Sonya is still the better choice than Ophelia (she has a more flexible gimmick with slightly more fire power because why the **** would you want a 4 mage team aside from memes).

Sonya's refine isn't total garbage since it has a use and will boost her score, but it isn't stupidly perfect like Tailtiu/Lilina. If Sonya drops to 3*/4* she'll be on par with Tailtiu/Lilina and help form the Gawdess Triangle. But as of right now, she's 2nd choice because her refine is Leo tier. "Could be good if they weren't 5* locked and required very specific natures."

Last edited:
Top Bottom