• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The voice acting has been pretty good even with substitutions here 'n' there. The only exception being Miss Libra. I get the whole Lucius v2.0 aspect, but it's ruined when they use a female VA - since Libra comes off as a woman who is extremely butch but still pretty. They were probably like "lol Cindy is already here doing Aversa's lines why not just make her do Libra's lines too? :^)"
I like Cindy Robinson's Libra. She makes him sound so serene and calming even though it's very clear that Libra is being voiced by a woman. At least it's not like the Japanese casting for Libra where the voice actress doesn't even try: https://youtu.be/FJTDKs7QAug?t=310. Libra's Japanese voice would have worked for a boy or maybe a teenager, but not a grown man who's probably in his twenties or maybe early thirties.

If someone else voiced Libra for the English audio, I would have picked someone who had a clear, relaxing voice, so like Greg Chun, but without some of the raspyness of his voice and more higher-pitched which he can do as he voiced Raz in Valkyria Chronicles 4. The problem is that I can't think of anyone who could have done that at the time and by that, I mean the voice actors that were working on Awakening. There's Yuri Lowenthal, Ricken's voice actor, and Bryce Papenbrook, Henry's voice actor. Not sure on Papenbrook, but Lowenthal with his groom Marth voice still has this sharp clarity to it. Looking at the other voice actors now, Joe Zieja, Canas's and Jamke's voice actor, and Mark P. Whitten, Lyon's and Hrid's voice actor would be my picks, but I don't know if they were well-known enough or were focused working on voice acting at the time. Then again, they could have just gone with Jamieson Price, Patrick Seitz, or Paul St. Peter because why not have a stunningly beautiful man have the deepest and manliest of voice?

I saw her art and actually didn't mind it, surprisingly. I loved Fran in XII but never really used her because of her odd rounds of stats. I stuck with mage/healer Ashe, Prisoner Bara, and boy wonder. I wish guns/bows were actually good in XII. It felt so wrong using Balthier without some pewpews or Fran without a Bow.

Anyway, back to Panne, I might use her if she's a Libra/Seth type of character statwise. There aren't really that many middling-stats characters in this game with 200+ characters which is odd and they are the most fun to build and also the most flexible... As long as they are not red, anyway. :^(
Fran's stats in the original release was just stupid and still kind of is stupid in the rereleases. Why she had the lowest overall stats while Vaan had the highest nobody knows. Going off of the wiki, she had the second-lowest magic, the second-lowest vitality, and the second-lowest strength They changed it in the Zodiac versions, so the "international" version that only Japan got and the HD remaster, where Fran now has the highest vitality and... that's pretty much it. Link: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Fran/Gameplay.

As for Panne in Heroes, she's basically +Atk Sully with flipped defenses: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ask2jc/new_beast_units_stats_lvl_1_lvl_40/.

On the bright side, she comes with Astra, Chill Spd, and Def Smoke and her weapon is effective against cavalry: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ask4bu/panne_skills/. So, she kind of has Beastbane which Awakening introduced for the beast units in Awakening and Fates, but they couldn't have given it effective damage against beasts or fliers. Also, Keaton and Velouria have gen 3 stats. They don't have a trainee boost like the dream Corrins, but straight-up gen 3 stats which is talked about in the Reddit thread. Have fun. :p

Edit: Page steal! Forgot about this, but the cover art for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was recently revealed. It looks beautiful, but the different art style makes Miriam look more of cute and doll-like instead of sombre.

And nobody for FEH. I only really want Selkie because 24/7 sugar rush foxgirl is hilarious to me and Velouria because who doesn't want powercreep? Panne being a freebie is both good in that I don't need to summon for her, but bad because heroic grails are dumb.
3* Abel: +HP, -Spd.

3* Gordin: +Atk, -HP.

4* Jagen: neutral.

4* Ogma: +HP, -Def.

4* Rebecca: +Def, -Spd.

3* Draug: +Res, -Spd.

3* Fae: +Spd, -Def.

4* Jakob: +Atk, -Def.

4* Priscilla: +Spd, -HP.

4* Sothe: +Spd, -Def.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' fellow Tetris Battle Royale players? :ultlucina:

Trying to to write up some of my work right now for my University course. Also, for whatever reason, watching Naoto's Interactions from BBCF made me wonder what his interactions would be like in BBTAG. :V

Might as well leave what I think they would be so far:
w/ Ragna:
Intro:
NK: The fact I have to work with you... pisses me off.
Ragna: Jeez kid, maybe take your anger out on them instead?

Outro:
Ragna: Wait, why do you hold the same Drive as me!?
NK: Hold on, how do you have the same as me!?

Post-Win:
NK: Now they're out the way, how about I take you on now? I'll punch a hole in your face for sure!
Ragna: Bring it punk, because this is one mistake you're going to regret!

w/Rachel:
Intro:
NK: Are you ready for this?
Rachel: I have no intentions of communicating with you.
NK: C'mon! Just socialize with me, dammit!

Outro:
Rachel: You've wasted a bit of my precious time. Now leave.
NK: Ugghh... You're so harsh...

Post-Win:
NK: I am quite impressed by how you're able to fight, it's almost Raquel's here alongside me.
Rachel: Didn't I tell you to leave? If you do not do so, I'll force you to leave instead.

w/Jin:
Intro:
J: This presence... Is that you brother?
NK: Brother? I don't remember having a brother.

Outro:
J: This urge... Maybe I should-
NK: Err, I gotta go! *Runs away*

Post-Win:
J: Come back here! I need to interrogate you immediately!
NK: Stop trying to kill me! I haven't done anything wrong, okay!?
w/Yu:
Intro:
Yu: I'll watch your back Naoto-san!
NK: Fine, I'll watch your back too! Let's do this Narukami!

Outro:
Yu: A victorious battle for us!
NK: Damn right!

Post-Win:
Yu: What amazing power you have! The bonds you share must help shape your path.
NK: Bonds huh? Yeah, I've had my fair share of them...

w/Kanji:
Intro:
K: C'mon, let's show them how MEN truly fight!
NK: Sure thing, I'll watch from behind just in case!

Outro:
K: That's right! You don't mess with Kanji Tatsumi...!
NK: And Naoto Kurogane!
K: Wait, you're named Naoto too!?

Post-Win:
NK: Hey Kanji, what's wrong? You're actually strange now.
K: Well, err... L-Look punk! Just because you share the same name as her doesn't mean I get embarassed by **** like that, okay!?

w/Naoto Shirogane:
Intro:
NS: My name is Naoto Shirogane, I'll be looking forward to cooperating with you.
NK: Really!? Another Naoto!? Err... I-I mean, I'm Naoto Kurogane! Pleased to meet you.

Outro:
NK: Phew... That was a battle.
NS: Nothing that we couldn't have handled.

Post-Win:
NK: It feels strange meeting someone who shares the same name as me! It's almost like looking in a mirror.
NS: It is a little strange, but you have to think that there are more people who do share the name "Naoto", no need to get so flustered by it.
w/Hyde:
Intro:
Hyde: Don't hold your punches alright? I'm sure we can get through this.
NK: Hey, I wasn't going to hold back to begin with!

Outro:
NK: You're pretty good at this stuff, you must be a natural at fighting.
Hyde: Well... I'm not that good, I guess?

Post-Win:
Hyde: This ability of yours, the Bloodedge. Is it another EXS similar to mine?
NK: EXS? I have never heard of that, but it ain't.
w/Heart:
Intro:
Heart: It's time to fight for Love and Justice!~
NK: Y-Yeah...! Love... and... Justice. This is so humilating!

Outro:
NK: Guess they got their own hand of justice served.
Heart: And we fought in the name of Love too!

Post-Win:
Heart: Say, Naoto-kun. Is there anyone you fight for in the name of Love?
NK: S-Someone I fight for!? W-Well... I-It's kind of complicated, I should say...

If I can be bothered, I'll think of some for Heart tomorrow. :secretkpop:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sooooo, 4 tickets, 1 free redeem, and 100 orbs later... Still no 5* from the new banner. I've been pulling every color but blue and did 2 full pulls to get the .5% pity rate. I better get Keaton or Kaden or else I'm calling the police and/or crying for 24 hours. Though I will settle for Velouria. Kaden or Vel will be the ones to get demoted, based on their fairly so-so skills. Hopefully it's Vel tho, because a colorless units with those stats = ez solo stat inflation abuse city. yeeeee

As for Panne, she has balanced stats which makes her easy to stat-abuse! Except she's a calvary unit, making it significantly harder to abuse the middling stats. At least she has amazing fodder.

I have 40k feathers and idk who I want to work on next. I was thinking of building Sakura instead of Serra for a potential +10 catch-all healer. I love Serra more, but her art is just a tad off because she has that weird skin-colored sclera thing going on. Sakura is a close second in terms of balance-ish stats. She also has Physic+ which is pretty nifty. I guess I'll throw my Serra at her for CC/Restore+ and Pain+ ofc. I was thinking of some gimmicky Absorb+ abuse with 3 cheerleaders and Miracle, buuuuut... That's very risk since absorb+ has garbage atk and colorless already get screwed in the atk department.

Speaking of screwed in the atk department, I am super sad that I can't build a Pain+ bot with Azama. If a Pain+ user can't hit for meaningful damage, they can't kill stuff after chipping away at their HP. Sure the teammates could clean up, but that's more risk/more iffy because of potential positioning and what-not. :^(

#BUFFAZAMA
THE BEST HUSBANDO HEALER
OK THNX

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Rant time (again):

good ****ing god I hate ego and everything having to do with it. Can't even play friendlies and/or online without having this voice in the back of my head constantly "thinking" that any moderately decent player I come across with thinks I'm some kind of tryhard for playing the way I do. There's always some to prove. For Glory really did a number on me. Wish I could just take some pill to shut that thing up and let me play. It's especially annoying when you get recked and the other guy doesn't even give you a chance for a second match, as if they're ****ing superior.

The moment I overcome ego, it will be my first step of actually becoming good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Just following up on stuff from November.

Is Zelda's phantom everything you guys hoped it would be? Has phantom drastically opened up Zelda's options or are phantom combos a once in a blue moon kind of deal? Is Zelda a low tier still?

Codebox

Smash Apprentice

Is Zelda's phantom everything you guys hoped it would be? Has phantom drastically opened up Zelda's options or are phantom combos a once in a blue moon kind of deal? Is Zelda a low tier still?
Sort of a mix of both. On the one hand it's easy to see how it was retooled. It's made to give Zelda an actual option from far away to augment her lackluster close range game and it blesses her with an actual neutral. Unlike Smash 4 it's something to actually consider throwing out (not spam worthy, but something to consider) since it covers her from behind it can occasionally save Zelda from being stuffed out as hard, (Rushdown and Swordies are still her bane, though this comes as a general weakness from her design, even if she were given tools to redeem her to her fullest. At least imo)

Zelda even has an actual edgeguard ability something you couldn't say for any game since Melee since she had to rely on hard commitments that would result less in her favor. So in that respect it was more than what I was expecting we'd get. On the other hand it isn't enough to augment her weaknesses entirely as she needs backup to make Phantom be an even more "respect me" option. Stuff like fixed D-tilt, Nair, SH Lighting Kicks or even mobility buffs would do wonders for Zelda on top of having the Phantom as backup. Again no expert here, but just stating my sentiments. It's not a tool that completely invalidates her weaknesses as intially hyped to do so, but it does give her something to considering using, however she needs more to be complete. I'm pretty satisfied with how Phantom works though.

As for her tier placement I'd say she hangs around the low mid (just by a thread) or high low tier. Nowhere near bottom imo.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Don't add them to BGAL bc as much as I love Reol I don't wanna have the entire playlist being just ha. I like varietyyyyy. But personally I really love Viora and Bring it On.

Anyways, should we open up a Zelda Social arena on Saturday? I was thinking 11 AM to 2 PM PST (2 PM-5PM EST)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
************... These people asking for disjoints on Falco's Dtilt, Side Smash, and other goddamn moves. Meanwhile, every move that had ridiculous hitboxes in Smash 4 that were either reduced or reanimated so that they would have more reasonable hitboxes or match the hitbox they wanted like Captain Falcon's Side Smash becoming a backfist which I kind of wished they had gone back to his 64 Side Smash. There are some outliers like Ike's new animation for Nair increasing its range or Wolf's Up Smash basically functioning as a hit on both sides Down Smash before being an Up Smash, but for the most part, Ultimate does not have a lot of questionably large hitboxes much less disjointed hitboxes. Hey, does anyone remember when Captain Falcon's rapid jab finisher used to hit a mile away from him in Smash 4?

That one tweet about Falco players being carried by gimmicks is so true. Gimmick isn't the right word, but the implied meaning is what matters. They're so used to having overpowered or broken tools while being blind to or refuse to admit to themselves that that **** like auto-cancel lasers, Melee Dair at least in startup, Smash 4 Dtilt, or a Smash 4 Bair in Ultimate are blatantly busted options or would be in the context of the game such as Smash 4 Bair on Ultimate Falco. When other people ask for buffs to their characters, they do not ask for the dumb things Falco players do. Part of that is because most characters never had moves as stupid as Falco's, so they don't have a reference to go off of. Another thing is that they would immediately get trashed on for asking stuff like this. A Snake player asking for Brawl Utilt's hitbox is probably going to be burned off the face of the planet, but for some reason, it's okay for Falco players to ask for Melee Dair back or that it's somehow reasonable for them to suggest auto-cancel lasers is perfectly fine as if it didn't wall out a bunch of characters in Melee and Brawl because what the **** are you going to do against transcendent projectiles being fired everywhere?

I hate everything, man.

As for Panne, she has balanced stats which makes her easy to stat-abuse! Except she's a cavalry unit, making it significantly harder to abuse the middling stats. At least she has amazing fodder.
Galeforce Panne: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/askpt4/panne_a_slot/egv2j2d. 4* Atk/whatever Solo skills when? :p

Seriously though, Taguel Fang's effects make up for her average base attack that she could use Heavy Blade to run a Galeforce build. The Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 boost is both a beast and dragon only bond and also a solo. When transformed, she'd have 48 total attack or 46 if she's not transformed, but the stat boosts thing is active. Cavalry beasts inflicting Atk/Def-4 when initiating and when transformed means her 48 total attack would be considered as 52 if she were using Heavy Blade for her seal. =Atk Eliwood with Blazing Durandal has 50 total attack, 31 base + 19 Mt sword, and =Atk brave Roy has 51 total attack, 32 base + 19 Mt sword. They have Heavy Blade built into Blazing Durandal and Eliwood can hit even higher attack with unique refined Durandal which has Death Blow 3 and Swift Sparrow 2, but back then and still to this day, they're good Galeforce units. Having cavalry movement like them would let her engage opponents more easily and also to fulfill the solo requirements for the stat boosts. It's not flier movement and her attack isn't actually high like Siegbert's or Cordelia's, but with how her weapon works, she could run Galeforce pretty well.

All she needs is Galeforce because of course she couldn't have come with that by default even though it references the fact she couldn't get it in Awakening because she couldn't become a pegasus knight and an A passive which Death Blow, Fury, or L&D would work fine if you don't have access to an Atk/whatever solo.

For more FEH nonsense, I summoned a hyperactive foxgirl who is ridiculously frail because a melee unit having 19 base defense and 35 base HP is totally reasonable.
4* Gwendolyn #1: +Res, -Spd.

4* Gwendolyn #2: +HP, -Res.

3* Laslow: +Res, -HP.

4* Saizo: +Spd, -HP.

5* Selkie: +Atk, -HP.

4* Florina: +Def, -Atk.

4* Subaki: neutral.

4* adult Tiki: +Spd, -Res.

3* Titania: +Def, -Res.

4* Virion: +Def, -Res.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' Seth fans? :ultsheik:

About to get on with some more University work and so on. Gonna be thinking about what the letterbox is and I think it's a people thing. Since it's used by the home owner, delivery people and even friends/family who want to give cards. Next I'll be showing it in a chart next, hopefully I can get all done soon.

And I made more progress in Final Fantasy 9, trying to get all of Quina's Blue Magic since I did look up where I can get each Magic spell for them, and since they learned Matra Magic, it can make some fights easier to get what I need.

Oh, and since I mentioned Heart Aino interactions, here have some of my theorised ones. :secretkpop:

w/Ragna
Intro:
Heart: Halt villain! Your evil deeds will come to an end in the name of love and justice!
Ragna: *Sigh* Great... Another dumbass rambling about justice.

Outro:
Heart: This is the power of love!
Ragna: Hardly, looked more like you beat the crap out of them.

Post-Win:
Heart: Is there anyone you fight for in the name of love, Ragna-san?
Ragna: I'll tell you once you shut the hell up about this "Love" and "Justice" crap, it's really damn annoying kid!

w/Jin
Intro:
Jin: These weaklings will be dealt with by myself, don't get in my way!
Heart: As a seeker of love and justice, I cannot do that! Let's do this together in the name of justice!

Outro:
Heart: For an ally of justice, you're pretty ruthless and harsh on them...
Jin: This is how I do things.

Post-Win:
Jin: I'd advise you go home, this isn't a place for children to play as heroes of justice.
Heart: I-I'm not a child! I may still be in school, but I am grown up!

w/Noel
Intro:
Noel: I heard that your family owns a cafe, after this... May I?
Heart: Sure! After we serve these people a plate of Love!

Outro:
Heart: We did it! A triumphant victory for us!
Noel: Wow... It was almost like an angel came to help...!

Post-Win:
Noel: I got some food here I want you to try, I'll happily taste yours too!
Heart: Sure! I'd like to try-- GAAAHHH!! W-What the heck is this!?

w/Hakumen
Heart: I fight for love and justice!
Hakumen: So that is the justice you fight for? Prove it to me.

Outro:
Hakumen: So this is the path you walk...
Heart: I can tell you fight for justice too.

Post-Win:
Hakumen: You may claim to walk the path of justice, but this path you take could lead to your downfall. If that is the case, I will help you find the right path to this justice of yours.
Heart: Wooow! You're so cool! I'll happily take your help anyday Hakumen-san!

w/Izayoi
Intro:
Izayoi: In the name of justice...
Heart: And love...
Both: We will win!

Outro:
Izayoi: Your justice feels... Remarkable.
Heart: So does yours!

Post-Win:
Heart: While you do fight for justice... Is there anyone you fight for in the name of love?~
Izayoi: L-L-Love!? W-Well... Erm... M-Maybe... Jin?

w/Es
Intro:
Es: Combat protocol engaged, beginning battle sequence.
Heart: Don't worry, I'll help out too!

Outro:
Es: Target threat has been eliminated. I thank you, Heart Aino.
Heart: Hehehe... Glad I could help out!

Post-Win:
Heart: Es-chan, would you like me to make something for you? You seem like a dessert kind of person!~
Es: Me? A dessert person? May I request... pudding?
w/Yu
Intro:
Heart: I'll help out anyway I can! Let's do this Narukami-kun!
Yu: Don't worry! I'll help out too Aino-chan. Persona!

Outro:
Yu: Our bonds will never sever.
Heart: That's right! We have love and justice on our side!

Post-Win:
Heart: Great work Narukami-kun! You really are a hero of justice yourself!
Yu: Right back at you, your strong sense of justice has helped. Hopefully this'll build a bond we shared.

w/Yukiko
Intro:
Heart: Your family owns an Inn!? That's cool! Mine owns a cafe!
Yukiko: Really? I'd love to try out your family's food later!

Outro:
Heart: What a beautiful Arcana you have Yukiko-chan.
Yukiko: Actually... It's a Persona, but I guess we can call her that too.

Post-Win:
Yukiko: Heart-chan, would you be able to help me with my cooking? I seem to make it quite tasteless.
Heart: Sure! I'll be happy to help, I'll be giving it my all to make your food the most tasty out there!

w/Naoto Shirogane
Intro:
Heart: It's time to fight for Love and Justice!~
Naoto: As a seeker of truth, I will help serve righteous justice too.

Outro:
Naoto: Your sense of justice was admirable... But did it help seek the truth?
Heart: Hopefully, I wouldn't want to ruin your case.

Post-Win:
Naoto: You may be a warrior of Love and Justice, but what if what you fight for leads to false truths and lies?
Heart: Then I will fight those false truths! I will defeat those all in the name of love and justice!
w/Hyde
Intro:
Hyde: Don't worry, I'll make sure to protect you!
Heart: That's kind of you, but I can fend for myself too!~

Outro:
Hyde: This is what you fight with then? Justice?
Heart: You forgot the special one. LOVE!~

Post-Win:
Hyde: Your "Arcana" has powers itself huh? Far different from my "EXS"...
Heart: Mhm! But it seems like your power is hard to control, would you like me to help?

w/Waldstein
Intro:
Heart: I will fend off our enemies with the power of love!
Wald: Heh... Love, eh? Why use such a weak power for a battlefield!?

Outro:
Wald: These opponents were far too weak for me! What a huge letdown...
Heart: They couldn't handle the power of love and justice!

Post-Win:
Heart: Raw power isn't enough, sometimes you need to fight with the power of love too!
Wald: Pah! What a weak and pathetic excuse to show weakness, all you truly need is power to overcome any obstacle in a fight!

w/Orie
Intro:
Orie: To those that defy the "Order", we shall stop you.
Heart: For it's in the name of love and justice!~

Outro:
Orie: The victor has been decided, leave this place.
Heart: We wouldn't want you to get hurt anymore, right?

Post-Win:
Heart: Nothing can stop our power to fight for Love and Justice! Is that what you fight for too Harada-san?
Orie: I-It is a bit embarassing when you throw love into the equation too.
w/Ruby
Intro:
Heart: I'll help out anyway I can! In the name of love and justice, Heart Aino arrives!
Ruby: Wooow! It's like watching a Superhero make their appearance!

Outro:
Heart: My sense of love and justice are the reason I fight!
Ruby: It IS like watching a Superhero!

Post-Win:
Heart: Is there anyone you fight for in the name of love too?
Ruby: Oh well, my sister, my uncle, my friends, Weiss, Blake, Jaune, y'know a lot of people actually. I think I could write a whole list!

w/Blake
Intro:
Blake: You claim to fight for love and justice? No need to sound so childish.
Heart: But I do fight for love and justice! You're just too down to understand!

Outro:
Heart: See? This is what fighting for love is like!
Blake: Uh-huh. Still acting childish.

Post-Win:
Heart: You're so mean spirited and too lonesome, open up a little and you'll soon learn about fighting for love and justice too!~
Blake: I fight for my own sense of justice, sure. But love? Why would I need to fight for that?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Rant time (again):

good ****ing god I hate ego and everything having to do with it. Can't even play friendlies and/or online without having this voice in the back of my head constantly "thinking" that any moderately decent player I come across with thinks I'm some kind of tryhard for playing the way I do. There's always some to prove. For Glory really did a number on me. Wish I could just take some pill to shut that thing up and let me play. It's especially annoying when you get recked and the other guy doesn't even give you a chance for a second match, as if they're ****ing superior.

Me singing an irrelevant but inspiring song to you because idk what else to do:

But the most important part...
Face your feeeaaars, run with scissorsss
*opponent gets KB'd off the stage instead of dying at 140% because Zelda*
'Cause you can flyyy, yes you can fly-y-y
*FW cancel to the ledge because you're too slow to just run there because Zelda*
Fly out of a windoooow, fly off a buildiinng
*Miss the ledge by a millimeter and self-destruct because Zelda*
Just believe in yourseeelf, faaace your feeaars
*respawn and hold down for 2 seconds*

F'real tho, as long as you create a room and specifically name it tryhards only or play high GPS Elite matches, tryharding is kind of expected. And since you are Zelda, her tryhard is basically the same as trynormal. Because her kit is that slow and limiting. In otherwords, even if you think you're a tryhard, you're not. And if you win vs a tryhard as Zelda, you're basically a gawdess.

That's the true reason for playing low-tier slow-tier bad-tier garbo like Zelda. :secretkpop:

Just don't tryhard in random rooms or non-Elite things, I guess.

SmashU has tons of lingering or spammable Nairs/Fairs/Bairs with low landing lag. So the game is extremely aerial based and Phantom's pushbox can easily be passed through with hopping in general.

So it's just OK on a character who's below average in areas that actually matter. lolrip

As far as placing goes, she's middle tier, but the lower portion of it for sure. If we were doing MUs, basically she's above all heavies and characters with worse speed/frame data, but below everyone who's faster or has spammable Nairs (so basically below 2/3rds of the cast). You could say she's the gatekeeper for the low-tiers. If you're worse than Zelda, you're low-tier. If you're better than Zelda, you're mid-tier.

Don't add them to BGAL bc as much as I love Reol I don't wanna have the entire playlist being just ha. I like varietyyyyy. But personally I really love Viora and Bring it On.

Anyways, should we open up a Zelda Social arena on Saturday? I was thinking 11 AM to 2 PM PST (2 PM-5PM EST)
A weekly gorlsquad would be pretty neat. There'd only be like 3-6 of us anyway so we could all fight ez pzy. We have the Discord but it's dead-ish. A set weekend time might be cool. Or really just anytime as long as there's a few hours' notice.

But back to the B•GAL,REOL spam is OK because it is REOL, gorlo.

Speaking of Bring it On... :^)

And also:
Don't wanna be a Disney Princess Heaux
S•T•R•U•T
Gorl Powurr

So now you can post 2 or 4 REOLs to dilute the sheer power of the Cheetah Gorls. :secretkpop:

Rate my gummiship gorls

idk wut dis is

pls enlighten me sistren

okthnx

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace

More or less. It's helped her neutral tremendously and is part of what makes her advantage so great. Simply being able to setup a 50-50 with little effort, is pretty amazing. I find it blends pretty seamlessly with the rest of her kit and most of her moves can combo from it.

I think she is mid high tier and potentially upper high tier. She can't quite breach top tier, but has a lot of stuff that puts her above the rest of the cast. Simply having disjoints, a unique projectile in Phantom, great defensive options, and one of the best advantages, gives her more than a lot of the cast can say. She has a steep learning curve and is difficult to use, but is still definitely viable, so long as you are willing to put in the time to learn her.

Rant time (again):

It's competition's nature to bring out the worst in us and not being able to "message" each other, leaves us wondering what the other is thinking. Although I think that was ultimately for the better, and I won't be constantly having slurs that don't apply to me, flung my way, I still sometimes miss the ability to tease each other with "__ is brainless" or "nice rolls". I didn't really do that much in 4, especially the former, but sometimes "nice rolls" felt like the thing to do, especially against For Glory Links. I also sometimes found it funny, when other people did that and have had some hilarious exchanges. But it's less toxic the way it is setup now. I mostly just want taunts back, though.

And I also don't like it when people leave after one match. Like, it was clear they only two stocked me, because something stupid happened like an SD, but they act like they dominated through the entire match. It's like they don't realize random things happen and that's why we do multiple matches in tournaments or that adaption is a thing.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
End of an Era :sadsheep:
Sayonara, Reggie.

Anyway, what's going on everynyan? :ultincineroar:

My copy of Fate/Extella LINK will hopefully be arriving today; since I played the original version I think a year or two ago, I may reap the benefits of owning the original and then have some fun playing it.

Though I regret only playing Nero's story in the original, I didn't even play through Tamamo's or Altera's stories either. Maybe because I thought that I would satisfied with playing through only Nero's. Hmm...

By the way, I got a rough design now for my letterbox problem, but I'll save it for when I need to make more concepts and designs. But I'll be working even more on this stuff too.

D

Deleted member 189823

WR2. Yeah, I don't think I'll even bother.

Seriously, why do I even practice? I'll just **** it up and become stupid in tournament, anyway. I legitimately don't get it. It's not like I don't even see what I'm doing wrong. I just get stupid when I play in bracket. It must be some divine sort of skill to just play like you normally would. I didn't even leave salty. It's like my brain just accepted it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
More or less. It's helped her neutral tremendously and is part of what makes her advantage so great. Simply being able to setup a 50-50 with little effort, is pretty amazing. I find it blends pretty seamlessly with the rest of her kit and most of her moves can combo from it.

I think she is mid high tier and potentially upper high tier. She can't quite breach top tier, but has a lot of stuff that puts her above the rest of the cast. Simply having disjoints, a unique projectile in Phantom, great defensive options, and one of the best advantages, gives her more than a lot of the cast can say. She has a steep learning curve and is difficult to use, but is still definitely viable, so long as you are willing to put in the time to learn her.
I'm okay with most of the responses I got but this one I just don't agree with at all.

I mean I don't keep up with this new game but Phantom creating a 50:50? I don't think that's right. Little effort? Erm...

Potentially top of high tier? That is hyperbole of the highest order. Good advantage (who the heck started using that word...?), sure. Neutral is iffy and her disadvantage is completely awful. Steep learning curve? Absolutely not especially with characters like Peach and Shulk. I've put the time to learn her in three games... Fool me twice? Shame on me. Fool me thrice? I'm a ****ing idiot.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm okay with most of the responses I got but this one I just don't agree with at all.

I mean I don't keep up with this new game but Phantom creating a 50:50? I don't think that's right. Little effort? Erm...

Potentially top of high tier? That is hyperbole of the highest order. Good advantage (who the heck started using that word...?), sure. Neutral is iffy and her disadvantage is completely awful. Steep learning curve? Absolutely not especially with characters like Peach and Shulk. I've put the time to learn her in three games... Fool me twice? Shame on me. Fool me thrice? I'm a ****ing idiot.
She's at her best in this game. Take that how you will. If you had success with her before, you'll have more success with her in this game.

D

Deleted member 189823

so yeah I'm kind of done with my emo phase for the day I can stop cutting myself now

Oh yeah, I somehow manage to regain some of my dignity in friendlies. I swear I'm cursed.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
I mean I don't keep up with this new game but
Well this certainly bodes well.

Phantom creating a 50:50? I don't think that's right. Little effort? Erm...
...Have you actually used Phantom, especially when the opponent is near the ledge? There isn't exactly a lot of options for them nor is pressing Down-B difficult.
Potentially top of high tier? That is hyperbole of the highest order.
The only hyperbole is your post. It's not like I said she is unequivocally the best character in all of Smash. Pegging her at mid high tier and potentially being upper high tier is fairly modest.

Steep learning curve? Absolutely not especially with characters like Peach and Shulk. I've put the time to learn her in three games...
Well excuse me Mr. prodigy, but lots of us have difficulty with her new depth. I don't think I've seen anyone say she was easy or even moderately difficult.

Fool me twice? Shame on me. Fool me thrice? I'm a ****ing idiot.
...Sorry I replied?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Yesterday I remembered that Smashdown exists so I did my first run of it with a friend today.
I meant to make it first to 10 but I made it to 11 by accident oop. Otherwise the score would've been 10-6.
I was purposely saving Wii Fit for later, but around the middle I was panicking over how many characters were gone (my friend was too tho so that made it okey). But really, if I ever play as Iggy out of all of the characters in the game, you know I'm getting desperate.

The other 7 I played as and lost as were Marth, Rosalina, Shulk, Villager, Toon Link, Dark Samus, and ZSS. I don't remember EVERY character my friend played as but off the top of my head there was Captain Falcon, Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Incineroar, Ridley, Little Mac, Roy, Cloud, Peach, Ice Climbers, Ike, Kirby. and Pokemon Trainer. And on top of all of that, we also agreed that echoes would count with their originals (so after I played Marth, we wouldn't be able to play as him or Lucina in the rest of the games, not sure why that isn't an option in-game) so a LOT of characters were gone by the end. Also miis aren't available for whatever reason smhsmh.

But this is a nice way to force me to be more diverse (because Wii Fit is genuinely the only character I know how to play). Overall it took a bit over an hour to do which is a lot longer than I was expecting for some reason but it was a well spent hour.
A weekly gorlsquad would be pretty neat. There'd only be like 3-6 of us anyway so we could all fight ez pzy. We have the Discord but it's dead-ish. A set weekend time might be cool. Or really just anytime as long as there's a few hours' notice.
Still plan on opening it at the same time and yea we could try making it weekly if gorls like it.
Next BGAL song is from Qveen.

Edit: wow ur all quiet rn. Anyways the arena is up! ID is 30Y39 and Password is 7942 Edit 2: The arena just closed bc nobody joined it... uhhh well make a post if ur interested.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , because Zelda deserves the best when it comes to her playlist. Also, try to listen to the entire thing. It's amazing. :p

I can't believe that Devil May Cry V will be out in 13 days. It didn't seem so far off when DMCV was announced and now it's almost out. Each preview of the game excited me more, but at the same time, part of me feels like they shouldn't have revealed as much as they did, especially in Dante's case. For Dante, showing off Balrog and Cavaliere were great along with the Faust Hat since that came out of nowhere, but King Cerberus and Kalina Ann 2 should have at most been teased like Dante holding King Cerberus, only showing a clip of him having it on his person or swinging it in its staff form, or the scene of Nico tossing Kalina Ann 2 to Dante. They didn't need to show us that much, the move sets of the weapons, as a tease would keep us salivating for more. The other thing is that it leaves the question of what else is there if they're showing us all this? Dante could have more weapons or that's all they have for him. The worst one is what happens to one of Dante's weapons and them revealing what will happen or forgetting to cover it up. I'm not going to talk about that one more as it's shaping up to be very plot important.

I get that they have to show new things, but I feel like they did it the wrong way. It's not just them either. For whatever reason, film and game makers keep spoiling the stories of their works through trailers. At least make it misleading if you're going to put in pivotal plot moments.

As for FEH stuff, burned the last ticket and summoned from the Blazing Light banner because Celica and Ophelia were on there. Oh, and Leif too.
4* Bartre: +Res, -Atk. I think I remember seeing a +Res Bartre build with Warding Breath or something wacky. An axe of Barrier Blade/Berkut's Lance or in general, more regular, inheritable axes, when?

4* Catria: +Atk, -Res.

3* Gunter #1: +Atk, -Spd.

4* M!Morgan: neutral.

4* Nanna: +Res, -HP.

4* Ares: +Atk, -HP.

3* Draug: +HP, -Spd.

3* Gunter #2: +Atk, -Res.

4* Gwendolyn: +Spd, -Res.

4* Sophia: +Spd, -HP.

Edit: There's a person who's been uploading videos of animation comparisons between Smash 4 and Ultimate and they recently got up to Zelda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXX-RjIYVpo. Ultimate Zelda in general has more daintier and cuter animations than in the previous games. It also looks like she's smiling all the time which is both hilarious and also concerning in the sense of her maniacally reveling in violence. Anyway, it's a shame she doesn't have a third idle animation in Ultimate for whatever reason and they made a new one for her that went unused, her hair flip in Smash 4 looked sassier in my opinion, and her hanging onto the ledge with one arm in Ultimate makes me wonder how much arm strength she has.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
For my FEH thing I finally got 1 5* after spending 200-ish orbs/the freebies on the new beast banner! And it was a +res/-def Helbindi. So I can merge him for a +1/no bane Bendiboi. But. You know. Spending that many orbs to get 1 5* was absolutely the most absurd thing I've had to do. Even when I was only avoiding blue orbs. If he wasn't a bara angry boi I would've been m A a A a A a A d 4lyf.

Anyway, working on someone who is even more of a monster than Boey. I'll post pics later ofc.

S StoicPhantom you may be right for people who do not know the match-up vs Zelda, but other than that, Alacion Alacion is pretty on-point.

When she picks something, she commits. Even with off-stage harassment she uses Din's Fire, Phantom Knight, or goes for an aerial. She can't adjust rapidly to the situation at all and doesn't have any hitboxes to safely throw-out during neutral like the rest of the viable characters. Nothing she does sets up a 50:50, if it did, she'd actually have a chance. She can only force 50:50 situations on people who try to block everything she does instead of just moving. The golden key to beating Zelda is literally just to keep moving and to not use a million-frames-lag moves next to Zelda... Which is easy to do, because as you know, Zelda is a thief and she stole everyone's move end-lag for her own kit. She's such a greedy gorl.

Ffamran Ffamran

D

Deleted member 189823

Panne is the best birthday gift I got so far.

also she's lowkey kind of not bad actually hidden badass

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Panne is the best birthday gift I got so far.

also she's lowkey kind of not bad actually hidden badass
Give her Solo Atk/Spd and let her murder everything. Though that "attack and don't let them follow-up" part is pretty awkward, but I suppose it can have its uses since she's a debuffer too. Allowing her to spread def smoke without getting QR3'd to death. From my understanding she essentially has +4 def/res since she -4 the opponent's atk (and their def).

I guess I can 5* Panne to just throw her on to my 20 unit horse emblem. Even if she'd rob precious feathers from my current project.

D

Deleted member 189823

Give her Solo Atk/Spd and let her murder everything. Though that "attack and don't let them follow-up" part is pretty awkward, but I suppose it can have its uses since she's a debuffer too. Allowing her to spread def smoke without getting QR3'd to death. From my understanding she essentially has +4 def/res since she -4 the opponent's atk (and their def).

I guess I can 5* Panne to just throw her on to my 20 unit horse emblem. Even if she'd rob precious feathers from my current project.
Yeah, it automatically synergises with "Solo" skills. Still waiting for Spd/Def, since it's my favourite statline (unless she prefers Desperation or something). The thing about preventing doubles disables skills like QR & Vengeful, so it definitely not useless.

To give you an idea, this is what Fury Panne can look like when you factor in the 4 Atk/Def debuff and "Solo" built-in:

56 Atk
40 Spd (+Chill Spd?)
41 Def
somethingReswhocares

And then you add an S slot for something, preferably extra Spd. She's in a weird range where she doesn't double everything, but needs that extra push from an S-slot and or A-slot that sacrifices potential bulk. Also in that weird range where you're not sure if to use said bulk or just go full offense L&D/Brazens. I'm heavily considering switching to Atk Smoke since it helps her bulk and it might even somewhat get her to work with Heavy Blade for faster specials.

also why is she so damn kyute here
1551066913476.png

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yeah, it automatically synergises with "Solo" skills. Still waiting for Spd/Def, since it's my favourite statline (unless she prefers Desperation or something). The thing about preventing doubles disables skills like QR & Vengeful, so it definitely not useless.

To give you an idea, this is what Fury Panne can look like when you factor in the 4 Atk/Def debuff and "Solo" built-in:

56 Atk
40 Spd (+Chill Spd?)
41 Def
somethingReswhocares

And then you add an S slot for something, preferably extra Spd. She's in a weird range where she doesn't double everything, but needs that extra push from an S-slot and or A-slot that sacrifices potential bulk. Also in that weird range where you're not sure if to use said bulk or just go full offense L&D/Brazens. I'm heavily considering switching to Atk Smoke since it helps her bulk and it might even somewhat get her to work with Heavy Blade for faster specials.

also why is she so damn kyute here
View attachment 194440
I hope Yarne gets a similar pose. That's really a 10/10 sass kween pose and is obviously gorl approved. I will probably give her Close Defense 3 and just let her face tank everything AFTER spreading around that -def smoke. Lots of raw attack and Sol works amazingly well for my current project, but he uses magic so... Maybe it's a magic only thing since everyone has crap res.

Also.

I just realized she naturally has fur on her arms/neck/etc. And then has the same looking fur as pants... Are those accessories and not her fur or... Are those pants actually just her fur? pls no

nononono

D

Deleted member 189823

I hope Yarne gets a similar pose. That's really a 10/10 sass kween pose and is obviously gorl approved. I will probably give her Close Defense 3 and just let her face tank everything AFTER spreading around that -def smoke. Lots of raw attack and Sol works amazingly well for my current project, but he uses magic so... Maybe it's a magic only thing since everyone has crap res.
I don't get the full-tank thing, it's not like her defeneses are all that good to be amazing at it, and her Spd is higher that she's not making use of things like QR Specials (i.e Lukas). Her Atk is obviously subpar, but ends up going nuts after stacking. Makes sense, they probably thought going over 30 Atk would've made her broken.

It's also worth mentioning the thing she stops doubles only works when innitating, which makes it kind of meaningless for Enemy Phase.

I just realized she naturally has fur on her arms/neck/etc. And then has the same looking fur as pants... Are those accessories and not her fur or... Are those pants actually just her fur? pls no

nononono
I literally asked myself that 10 times today, so I woudn't bother.

I just roll with it. She's half...not entirely human, so it's kind of expected.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Third years are best girls.

Anyway, working on someone who is even more of a monster than Boey. I'll post pics later ofc.
Is it Serra?

So far with building units and doing merge projects, I've lost the drive to do any. The main reason being I don't know what I could do with whatever unit I'd like to build that would be different or who isn't already being worked on by someone else here playing. It's like, "Oh, I'll build a Seliph", and then a +5? Seliph shows up on my doorsteps. The other reason is skills. All the fun and new skills are locked behind 5* summons or you'd have to burn a GHB or TT unit to get them. I'd love to do a triple Close Def build with Oboro, but I don't have anyone else with Close Def 3 that isn't my only copy, summer Tiki, isn't brave Ephraim who would be better off used for Special Fighter, or isn't Joshua. Does not help that new units come with almost everything they need and also allows them to do neat things like Flora, Lewyn, Ophelia, and Tibarn.

Speaking of monsters, I looked up for some songs about monsters and guess what? More Vocaloid! "MONSTER" feat. GUMI by KIRA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNIypYrVlkA. Here's the lyrics and information about the song: https://vocaloid.fandom.com/wiki/MONSTER.

Part of me kind of wants a Zelda Vocaloid voice now.

Also.

nononono
Same deal with Yarne. Thrasir also doesn't wear pants.

Anyway, I finally bought a new phone to replace my five year-old Nexus 5. Pretty sure it's been five years since I had it around when the OnePlus One was that big thing everyone wanted. Incidentally, OnePlus is the company I'm going with for my new phone, the OnePlus 6. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. First time using Swappa which is kind of like eBay for used electronics. Of course, I went with a seller with good reviews and a good history and it's protected and all, but anything could happen. My main worry other than getting a new SIM card since it uses nano and I only have a micro and figuring out how to transfer the plan from the old phone to the new one is the glass back. Why are phone trends a thing? The stupid thing doesn't even support wireless charging. I don't like cases either since some of them make the phone really fat, but with a glass back that people have said is a bit slippery, I'm not risking any chances. Even then, some people had the thing crack and they never dropped it. Whatever, hopefully it'll last me five or more years.

Also, because of looking at new phones and comparing them to the Nexus 5, it became a marvel to me that smartphones just as powerful or even more powerful than the Nexus 5 could last an entire day without needing to be charged like two to three times from regular use. This makes me feel like a caveman experiencing fire and how cooking could make food taste better.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I don't get the full-tank thing, it's not like her defeneses are all that good to be amazing at it, and her Spd is higher that she's not making use of things like QR Specials (i.e Lukas). Her Atk is obviously subpar, but ends up going nuts after stacking. Makes sense, they probably thought going over 30 Atk would've made her broken.

It's also worth mentioning the thing she stops doubles only works when innitating, which makes it kind of meaningless for Enemy Phase.
Gorl, don't underestimate combat stat stacking.

She also has Calvary buff access.

Third years are best girls.

Is it Serra?

So far with building units and doing merge projects, I've lost the drive to do any. The main reason being I don't know what I could do with whatever unit I'd like to build that would be different or who isn't already being worked on by someone else here playing. It's like, "Oh, I'll build a Seliph", and then a +5? Seliph shows up on my doorsteps. The other reason is skills. All the fun and new skills are locked behind 5* summons or you'd have to burn a GHB or TT unit to get them. I'd love to do a triple Close Def build with Oboro, but I don't have anyone else with Close Def 3 that isn't my only copy, summer Tiki, isn't brave Ephraim who would be better off used for Special Spiral, or isn't Joshua. Does not help that new units come with almost everything they need and also allows them to do neat things like Flora, Lewyn, Ophelia, and Tibarn.

Speaking of monsters, I looked up for some songs about monsters and guess what? More Vocaloid! "MONSTER" feat. GUMI by KIRA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNIypYrVlkA. Here's the lyrics and information about the song: https://vocaloid.fandom.com/wiki/MONSTER.

Part of me kind of wants a Zelda Vocaloid voice now.

Same deal with Yarne. Thrasir also doesn't wear pants.
It's someone with the personality of Serra, so you're close. I have M!Corrin with +6 Rally Atk and Spur 4 Atk + 3 Def/Res.
Screenshot_20190225-004142.png

Atk/Def Bond is as beautiful as he is. Now if only he had a Mirror Tome prf or something. :^(

As for MONSTER, Arvun's version is straight fire compared to the original. I'll add both anyway.

btw gorl shoulda got a Moto g6play. 100 bucks well spent and the battery life is craycray. Almost as craycray as those pantless heauxes.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
ofc i got the 1 unit out of the 4 that i already had, and even with the same boon wtf. my free 5* was a +def -hp L!Aqua, but i already have a +def -res one. w/e i should have expected this

edit: pulled red for myrrh, and ended up with my first alm instead...and he's +atk -res lmao. i am incredibly happy and will have to refine his weapon as soon as i can

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Noodle boy fans, unite!

[unintelligible noises]

Good news from the FF9 side. I got all of Quina's Blue Magic. :yeahboi:

I guess I could list where I got them all from. :V

Qu's Marsh:
Gigan Toad - Frog Drop
Axolotl - Aqua Breath

Outskirts of Dragon Gate:
Serpion - Mighty Guard
Ionite - Angel's Snack
Vice - Vanish
Mandragora - Limit Glove

Gizamaluke's Grotto:
Skeleton - Pumpkin Drop

Burmecia:
Magic Vice - Magic Hammer

North of Cleyra (Grassland):
Nymph - Night

Near Cleyra:
Lizard Man - LV3 Def-Less

Cleyra's Trunk:
Zuu - White Wind

Fossil Roo:
Feather Circle - LV4 Holy

Outer Continent:
Zaghnol - Matra Magic
Goblin Mage - Goblin Punch
Cactuar - 1,000 Needles

Iifa Tree:
Stroper - LV5 Death
Zombie - Roulette

Outskirts of Lindblum:
Bomb - Mustard Bomb

Outskirts of Qu's Marsh (West):
Adamantoise - Earth Shake

Mount Gulug:
Worm Hydra - Bad Breath
Wraith - Frost
Red Dragon - Twister

Forest near Daguerro:
Gimme Cat - Auto-Life

Ipsen's Castle:
Veteran - Doom

This is the first time I ever got all of their Blue Magic spells. So now I gotta get everyone else's Abilities and then Skills. And unlike what my sister would do, I'm going to focus on getting EVERYONE evenly levelled and have everything available. I think the only Treasure Chest I missed out on was the one in the underground factory in Dali, since I was maxed out on Potions, so big oof.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
ofc i got the 1 unit out of the 4 that i already had, and even with the same boon wtf. my free 5* was a +def -hp L!Aqua, but i already have a +def -res one. w/e i should have expected this

edit: pulled red for myrrh, and ended up with my first alm instead...and he's +atk -res lmao. i am incredibly happy and will have to refine his weapon as soon as i can
I wouldn't mind a +1 L!Azura for the bane fix and +2hp. With Fury and Fortify buffs she should be able to survive many single hits. Or weak green hits.

I was having choice paralysis so I put 1-4 into a RNG and had it roll 10 numbers at the same time. It chose 4. So I picked the left most orb and bam Duma boooooi. Except -hp/+spd because I'm not 100% allowed to have nice things duh. I don't really care for Duma because W!Cecilia is pretty much the best colorless tank atm. Though Duma has a pretty nice gimmick. He can't easily be +10'd... Well, neither can W!Cecilia since I'm working on a +10 Oliver.

Though the fact the banner's not Hero Fest-ish or Legendary Banner-ish makes me not want to waste orbs on it. And if I get another L!Lyn I'mma lose it. I already got 3 of the heaux and she's an OK unit. But her gimmick is just so counter-intuitive. She's either a worse Felicia or a worse Brave Lyn.

Noodle boy fans, unite!

[unintelligible noises]
Zelda mains arguing which part of her kit is the absolute worst.

I have a +10 Henry and wanted to do a montash since October. ),:
I love me some Henry. I was going to +10 him and use him like Boey, but his stats and color is just too awful to make the best out of. Even with great combat support buffs he falls behind by a lot.

Henry really needs a tome that's beyond Odin tier to be usable. He's the worst red mage atm, despite having a T1 actor and being a T1 qtpi husbando.

It'd be neat if they gave him a tome that essentially makes all damage dealt/received neutral to take advantage of his bulk. And then just slap Steady Breath on as a refine effect to make him an Ignis/Bonfire bot. Essentially a usable version of Saizo.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I checked reddit a few times before picking the stone just to make absolutely sure that it was truly random, and after finding out that it was (I really expected them to forget something), I played spin the bottle to pick my free stone. I got the bottom orb and kissed it to open it. +Res -HP Azura. Okay I guess but tbf Duma was the only one I wanted so I would've said the same thing with anyone that wasn't Duma.
For BGAL, how have we not put this one in yet? (The clean version so BJN won't turn me into sliced peaches)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The B•GAL also didn't have this:

But more importantly:

:secretkpop: So I could say I was slippin' buT I'm gonTa blame yew gorls insTead. :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member 189823

I love me some Henry. I was going to +10 him and use him like Boey, but his stats and color is just too awful to make the best out of. Even with great combat support buffs he falls behind by a lot.

Henry really needs a tome that's beyond Odin tier to be usable. He's the worst red mage atm, despite having a T1 actor and being a T1 qtpi husbando.

It'd be neat if they gave him a tome that essentially makes all damage dealt/received neutral to take advantage of his bulk. And then just slap Steady Breath on as a refine effect to make him an Ignis/Bonfire bot. Essentially a usable version of Saizo.
I think his only real issue is how bad his Atk is. At least even Odin had enough Atk to 1-2HKO consistently and do it alright with +Spd and most Tactic buffs.

People don't know he has pretty much the best durability right under W.Tharja. Superboon Res automatically gets him to 29, which I think is his best boon. I'd definitely give him Steady Breath built-in, maybe even with Close Counter...though the former pretty much does it for him.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I think his only real issue is how bad his Atk is. At least even Odin had enough Atk to 1-2HKO consistently and do it alright with +Spd and most Tactic buffs.

People don't know he has pretty much the best durability right under W.Tharja. Superboon Res automatically gets him to 29, which I think is his best boon. I'd definitely give him Steady Breath built-in, maybe even with Close Counter...though the former pretty much does it for him.
W!Tharja only has max durability due to having Vengeful Fighter, IV-proof min-max'd stats, access to Ward Armor, a nice defensive weapon, and 15-20 extra BST compared to other mages. She needed all of that to be a widely usable red mage. Even then a Reinhardt could just swoop in and say "bye heaux" or any blue with a slayer weapon. Even with offensive reds, the character has to have some absurd gimmick to fall back on to really shine, such as Ayra or L!Marth.

Red is just a bad color for defensive-anything and so-so for offense. At least until we get some more serious green characters to make them as prevalent as blues or reds. I love Henry and his stats are wonderful for a bulky tank (basically a mix of Oliver and Boey, the 2 best defensive mages that are normally available). But he's going to need some serious gimmick to make him great. And he's going to need to lose the Raven Tome effect, but keep the animation or super-crow it bcuz crows are his thing.

There's many things they can do (80% less dmg from 2nd/3rd/4th ranged hits, 20% less damage from all ranged or magic attacks, etc) that won't push the boundaries too far since those things kinda exist already. Then they can just slap something basic like Def/Res Link, Dull Range 3, or QR3 on his tome.

D

Deleted member 189823

W!Tharja only has max durability due to having Vengeful Fighter, IV-proof min-max'd stats, access to Ward Armor, a nice defensive weapon, and 15-20 extra BST compared to other mages. She needed all of that to be a widely usable red mage. Even then a Reinhardt could just swoop in and say "bye heaux" or any blue with a slayer weapon. Even with offensive reds, the character has to have some absurd gimmick to fall back on to really shine, such as Ayra or L!Marth.
naw, she's pretty insane. To sum it up, she's an Armour. It's not hard to get her to 50+ mixed defenses, and unlike Henry, she has the Atk to back it up. Armour-effective weapons are a thing, but then you can say that about literally every other Armour (though it does make me feel better about Henry that he's basicallly an Infantry Armour).

If you're willing to be silly, you can tell Reinhardt to **** himself. That used to be my full time job. I don't even think Boey's colour is an excuse, really. It's not like the -3 HP/-7-11 Res makes any real difference from colour advantage.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
naw, she's pretty insane. To sum it up, she's an Armour. It's not hard to get her to 50+ mixed defenses, and unlike Henry, she has the Atk to back it up. Armour-effective weapons are a thing, but then you can say that about literally every other Armour (though it does make me feel better about Henry that he's basicallly an Infantry Armour).

If you're willing to be silly, you can tell Reinhardt to **** himself. That used to be my full time job. I don't even think Boey's colour is an excuse, really. It's not like the -3 HP/-7-11 Res makes any real difference from colour advantage.
Henry has 2 problems to overcome, 1 = red color. 2 = min-max'd in the wrong direction. Thankfully, we get to cheese our characters so hard that the game doesn't even understand what's going on.

But he can be pretty great with the max possible stats w/ help at: 57/68/46/62/56.

Thanks Combat Stats+Tactics. At this point it's only about positioning and keeping HP above 70%. Once hp drops below 70%, they're vulnerable. And only extremely powerful reds or standard blues can hurt you enough. Oliver > Boey > Henry if it's just M!Corrin support, tho. It'd be nice if F!Corrin got a dragon stone that acted like Yato, since you rarely want 2 reds on the same 4 man team.

Top Bottom