• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Nobody here probably cares about OW anymore but I got 2 free boxes today from my endorsement level and they got me Reaper's Lu Bu outfit and Lucio's new highlight intro. Those were the only 2 things I wanted from the event and I didn't even need to play the game at all to get them. :secretkpop:
omg thats really cool congratulations!!!!! and im doing sociology, id like to work for like some kind of organization for social change OR LIKE my dream is to work at the un im really passionate about that kind of stuff
Oooo I'm in 2 sociology classes rn! I'm not majoring in it, this is just for GE requirements, but it seems interesting!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Nobody here probably cares about OW anymore but I got 2 free boxes today from my endorsement level and they got me Reaper's Lu Bu outfit and Lucio's new highlight intro. Those were the only 2 things I wanted from the event and I didn't even need to play the game at all to get them. :secretkpop:
1st of all how very dare you
2nd of all congrats gorl

CYL #3 winners leaked.

#1: Alm, Micaiah
#2: Eliwood, Camilla

RIP in pepperoni F!Robin, no Grandmaster Cheerleader shenanigans for us.
Thank lawd. I wonder what kind of garb Camilla is going to wear. Maybe a Nohrian queen type of outfit? That'd be pretty neat. Not really caring much about the others. I assume Micaiah will be some sort of crazy healer which would be neat. Alm is still sword boi ofc. Eliwood is blue lance boi? idk

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Thank lawd. I wonder what kind of garb Camilla is going to wear. Maybe a Nohrian queen type of outfit?
I don't quite remember where I heard it, but apparently for Fates Yusuke Kozaki was the character designer, but someone else was in charge of designing the clothes and class costumes. This is what Camilla wears when Kozaki has draws her on twitter:

I'm inclined to believe it, seeing how Camilla is wearing something that wouldn't look out of place in Awakening or the Askr Kingdom, where Kozaki was in control of the outfits. I think I've also posted that picture here before, but it's still my favorite Camilla picture, and implies a much more informal relationship with her retainers.

If they give art duty to Kozaki, we might get something that looks more like that. If they do, I just hope he upgraded his color palette since B!Lucina.

Or maybe he has some crazy headcanon he wants to share, like apparently with B!Lucina and L!Lucina. According to something I read a while ago, B!Lucina is supposed to be one who never went to the past and would at some point find the lance Geirskögul, while L!Lucina is one from a world where Grima was only put to sleep and then traveled through the outrealms searching for a weapon capable of killing it for good.

D

Deleted member 189823

I don't quite remember where I heard it, but apparently for Fates Yusuke Kozaki was the character designer, but someone else was in charge of designing the clothes and class costumes. This is what Camilla wears when Kozaki has draws her on twitter:
Is that Beruka? She should really wear her head like that, more often...

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Gorls, is there an easier way to do Zelda’s oos short hop f/bair? So far I’m pressing shield+jump and holding one direction simultanesouly and can’t get it every time.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Gorls, is there an easier way to do Zelda’s oos short hop f/bair? So far I’m pressing shield+jump and holding one direction simultanesouly and can’t get it every time.
Have you tried double sticking?
The update added shorthop with 2 jump buttons as well.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going fans of S.S.H.'s (Saitama Saishuu Heiki) music? :ultpalutena::ultlucina::ultzelda:

I rediscovered S.S.H and I remembered how amazing his music is. Seriously, it's really damn good! He's done remixes of Mega Man 2, Super Mario, Tales of Symphonia, Thunder Force IV, Castlevania, Broken Thunder, etc. It's all really damn good. I do recommend you guys go give S.S.H's music a listen, it's all great. :yeahboi:

Anyway, got my University work done for my assessment, so now I can just take it easy. I'm hoping Genesis 6 will be good this weekend, I'll be rooting for VoiD, Larry, Nairo and HBox. :V

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
#1: Alm, Micaiah
#2: Eliwood, Camilla
i voted for both micaiah and eliwood, so i'm glad they managed to win. i'm really hoping they mix up the weapon types this year and give us literally anything other than lance/sword/axe. we do have the colored bows and daggers now, so those are a possibility (mostly for alm tbh), and camilla and micaiah canonically wield tomes. it’s lame that we have to wait another 6-7 months to actually see the CYL units, but this year has a more interesting set of winners than the previous years, so hopefully IS will do something cool with them.

also the buff to rosa's dair is so great. piranha plant is like the only character anyone is playing on quickplay and rosa ****s really hard on its recovery lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have arrived to share with you my beautiful feh anti mage.

Screenshot_20190202-023904_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

58 resistance when attacked by ranged units

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I have arrived to share with you my beautiful feh anti mage.

View attachment 189729

58 resistance when attacked by ranged units
+def for mixed range would be better tho. 47/55 duuuuuh. He's basically a reverse blue Boey. Owl Tome is better to use as well, for more atk to secure a kill with Moonbow and avoid doubles from medium speed units... Serpent Tome is pretty garbage except for slow strong gorls like Sophia. Who doesn't have access to a Serpent Tome yet lmao.

I wanted to +10 Oliver but no prf and many other Grail-only gorls ruins that for me.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
+def for mixed range would be better tho. 47/55 duuuuuh. He's basically a reverse blue Boey. Owl Tome is better to use as well, for more atk to secure a kill with Moonbow and avoid doubles from medium speed units... Serpent Tome is pretty garbage except for slow strong gorls like Sophia. Who doesn't have access to a Serpent Tome yet lmao.

I wanted to +10 Oliver but no prf and many other Grail-only gorls ruins that for me.
He actually just exists to murder other mages since Helbindi can't tank 3 of them in Aether Cancer. I wanted to +10 Linus cos he's hot but that project is on the bench for now.

Oddly enough he doesn't do much damage but because of QR and him being doubled by mages it sets up Glacies which 1 shots pretty much every unit in the game (Even Hector takes 40+ damage lol)

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
So uh, did anyone else randomly have their GSP shoot up like 300,000, after installing the patch? Logged in to play with a friend and found I was in Elite with Zelda. None of my other characters seem to have risen that drastically, so maybe my GSP was borked and Sakurai felt like he had to personally fix it lol. Not only that, when I lose, I don't have the drastic drops I did before and only fall around 1,000. I only gain about a few hundred when I win, but not falling as much as before, is a godsend.

Elite is about as degenerate as where I left it previously, but it's more my speed and I actually have to try now. Not for long, as all of my losses are by a hair, but I'm satisfied for now.
I think I'm going to hold off from using The Plant until everyone and their mother isn't using him. Can't even go on For Glory without playing a ****ing ditto.
I don't remember everyone being this hype about him... if anything, everyone was salty it's not Waluigi. welp, gotta give it to novelty factor...
This my sentiment as well, I really don't like dittos, in most cases. Though he does look like a lot of fun, from what I've seen.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So uh, did anyone else randomly have their GSP shoot up like 300,000, after installing the patch? Logged in to play with a friend and found I was in Elite with Zelda. None of my other characters seem to have risen that drastically, so maybe my GSP was borked and Sakurai felt like he had to personally fix it lol. Not only that, when I lose, I don't have the drastic drops I did before and only fall around 1,000. I only gain about a few hundred when I win, but not falling as much as before, is a godsend.

Elite is about as degenerate as where I left it previously, but it's more my speed and I actually have to try now. Not for long, as all of my losses are by a hair, but I'm satisfied for now.

This my sentiment as well, I really don't like dittos, in most cases. Though he does look like a lot of fun, from what I've seen.
In the 2.0 patch notes they mention that the calculation for GSP has been adjusted but they don't give any details

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
In the 2.0 patch notes they mention that the calculation for GSP has been adjusted but they don't give any details
Oops, I guess I only saw the fighter specific and didn't realize they had more changes, although I didn't look particularly hard. I'm glad the GSP thing wasn't just me and thanks for mentioning it.

Also, pressing both jump buttons to short hop, might make the Phantom displacement easier, since short hopping was the only thing preventing me from easily doing so. I don't know if it's more sensitive than before, or if I'm just rusty and spoiled by the new mechanic, but I'm finding it really difficult to short hop manually in this game. I'll have to try it out, regardless.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyone remember Asura's Wrath? I sure as hell didn't other than remembering that Asura was voiced by Liam O'Brien for the English dub, that it had a lot of QTEs, and was heavily influenced by Hindu and Buddhist mythology. Well, one of the games ProtonJon wanted to complete for this year was Asura's Wrath and I watched most of it as he streamed his playthrough of it. Asura's Wrath is this weird game or for some, an interactive movie where story-wise and presentation-wise, it's amazing. Each level is presented like an episode to an anime with a preview, opening credits, and ending credits. The credits are one thing it does well unlike Metal Gear Solid V where it spoils everything basically. The worst offenders being the Skulls where they went from being "Oh, crap! The Skulls!" to "These guys again." The first time it was done and if you had no idea who they were, it works since it can create tension about who exactly the Skulls are, but each and every time they appear after that, they're no longer special as you expect them to appear and have to deal with their bullet sponge selves if you have to fight them in direct combat -- they're jokes if you can catch the Mist and Armor ones with sleep grenades. Back to Asura's Wrath, the way the game's presented makes it feel like you're experiencing an anime and it pulls you in to wanting more after each level, after each episode. Unfortunately, its gameplay isn't that great.

Asura's Wrath was developed by CyberConnect2, the studio behind the .hack games and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja games. The latter is where I think the game's combat draws the most from and also features some stuff that reminds me of Naruto like one of Asura's transformations makes him resemble Naruto's tailed beast mode with its goofy, rubbery-looking arms. I haven't played the Ultimate Ninja games, but I remember hearing people say its combat is pretty good and that's to be expected since they're fighting games. The melee combat in Asura's Wrath on the other hand, functions, and I feel like that's the most damning part about it. When you finish watching an amazing anime, cartoon, TV series, or film, sometimes you watch it again later on. With Asura's Wrath, the watching part is great, but it's also a game. Without good gameplay, replaying games isn't that enjoyable. I don't like QTEs, but the way it was implemented in Asura's Wrath works to make it feel like you're doing something during the more cinematic moments, especially during the end of the game. It's just the melee combat system that isn't good. If it was more like at least Devil May Cry 1 or God of War where it was more than attack, dodge, and build your Burst Gauge to progress through the level, then replayability if not the first playthrough would have been more interesting and worthwhile. As far as I'm aware and have seen, there aren't any input moves like launchers, dash attacks like Dante's Stinger, or weird stuff like being able to breakdance in Bayonetta. I don't think there are even combo variations because it looks like there's only one light combo, a heavy attack, a ranged attack, and that's it.

The rundown of this is that Asura's Wrath is a passion project to me. I'd place it in the same spot as Drakengard and by extension Nier, El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, God Hand, Okami, Zone of the Enders, and Team Ico's games. Just these unique, weird, uniquely weird games and some for their time where some were very well-received when they were released while others became cult classics after a while. I would even go as far as say they're similar to Demon's Souls, a bit of Earthbound/Mother, and Ni no Kuni. The difference? They didn't get enough of a following where their publishers and/or developers felt like another entry or making another, similar game was worth it. Demon's Souls wasn't like other games at the time. There were difficult games and difficult hack 'n' slash games, but people weren't used to how Demon's Souls worked or at least how hard it punished you for overextending or making bad calls. Now? It has influenced so many other games and the stamina bar and risk calculation are, for better or worse, almost staples for melee combat in games. Time will tell if Nier will become a massive franchise that spawned from essentially a dead one or if Zone of the Enders will ever have a third entry.

Also, the main theme of Asura's Wrath, In Your Belief, is beautiful. Like with other main themes, there are variations of In Your Belief for the game's soundtrack. One of them is used for, if I recall correctly, two boss fights There is also whistling featured in its soundtrack for Yasha's theme and its variations.

Speaking of whistling, Life is Beautiful, is it not? Deadly Premonition is such a weird game. "Clear as a crisp spring morning. 'F K' in the coffee."

For FEH stuff: My free 5* special hero was spring Camilla (+Def, -Spd). I love that she still has the highest defense out of all the ranged fliers. Also, you know what would be great? If the developers remembered that the -serpent tomes existed or made tome versions of Berkut's Lance/Barrier Sword and Safeguard.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I don't know why this was recommended to me by YT, but at least the guy sings the depressing song nicely. Personally I'd be in the drink/food room 'cause I don't need to talk if I'm drinking and eating constantly.

We all Zeldas in the bathroom now, I guess.

can yall believe piranha plant is sassier than zelda now wtf...
If you had seen Little Shop of Horrors, you'd know plants with teeth are inherently sassy. :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Speaking of Piranha Plant.

Edit: Ivysaur's Dair hurts my soul.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Can't believe I started a new Heroes account...just to re-roll for Lissa. She's literally the only thing I wanted to Christmas, and I probably deserved not getting her because I sucked at it.

I got a first one, but she was +Atk/-Res. Eventually got a +Res/-HP a bit afterwards (virtually perfect IVs for me). Definitely a keeper, and I can't wait to see what I can do with her.

1549163670510.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Aussie1024

"Stow your fear. It's now or never!"
Switch FC
SW-8059-8133-1521
Hey @Oz what were you trying to communicate to me with your message on my profile last night?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Speaking of Piranha Plant.

Edit: Ivysaur's Dair hurts my soul.
But at least the other Plant Boi in the game has a good Dair.

Can't believe I started a new Heroes account...just to re-roll for Lissa. She's literally the only thing I wanted to Christmas, and I probably deserved not getting her because I sucked at it.

I got a first one, but she was +Atk/-Res. Eventually got a +Res/-HP a bit afterwards (virtually perfect IVs for me). Definitely a keeper, and I can't wait to see what I can do with her.

How old was your FEH account? I mean if it's only a few weeks then it kinda doesn't matter. Gratz on your Xmas waifu. Even though she's fairly awful in terms of balance (speedy armors are basically gimmicks, it means less goes to more important stats). If you get Loki, you can build a +10 normal Lissa that scores SUUUUUPER high in the Arena. And ofc can use the Razzle Dazzle+Pain+Savage Blow 6 to wreck just about any meme team there is. Also the higher score means you are much less likely to get matched with Reins or Bow Lyns. Y A Y

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Zero is finally getting his prf bow in next week's update! Aside from maybe Nino, everyone who is getting a refine with the new update really needed the boost. It's also cool to see IS giving new weapons to so many of the units in the 3-4* pool. Amelia is the only 5* exclusive getting a new prf this time.

I can't wait for Hinoka to finally be a focus unit with the daily BHB banner return. I've been wanting to pull her for so long, but she hasn't been on focus for a while. like i'll literally take any ivs with her

D

Deleted member 189823

How old was your FEH account? I mean if it's only a few weeks then it kinda doesn't matter. Gratz on your Xmas waifu. Even though she's fairly awful in terms of balance (speedy armors are basically gimmicks, it means less goes to more important stats). If you get Loki, you can build a +10 normal Lissa that scores SUUUUUPER high in the Arena. And ofc can use the Razzle Dazzle+Pain+Savage Blow 6 to wreck just about any meme team there is. Also the higher score means you are much less likely to get matched with Reins or Bow Lyns. Y A Y
I have one from the start of the game, but it's not like I'm abandoning it. Just couldn't get her there, and I was pretty upset after getting pity****ed by literally 4 Chroms, Surtr, Hellbender and even a *5 Libra (my favourite...whom I have a +10 of already).

I also disagree. Just because the new armours are outright mentally handicapped doesn't mean she still isn't very good. She has some of best balance in stats, and it's not like she's all that speedy sitting at 30 (or just about right to avoid doubles against Dragons while still getting awesome kills off of Breath A-slots). I don't care what a character can't do against broken characters in a vacuum list, I care about what a character can do once I put them on the stage and see what I can come up with.

I don't score nearly as high enough in Arena for that to matter for me, and let alone using all those feathers on normal Liz when Marisa is my next +10 (granted I never cared about AA but I have to).

Who.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
you can build a +10 normal Lissa that scores SUUUUUPER high in the Arena.
Lissa isn't herself unless shes slaughtering my enemies with cold hard steel.

NUNSWITHAXES FOREVAH

Zero is finally getting his prf bow in next week's update! Aside from maybe Nino, everyone who is getting a refine with the new update really needed the boost. It's also cool to see IS giving new weapons to so many of the units in the 3-4* pool. Amelia is the only 5* exclusive getting a new prf this time.
COULD THIS BE SOPHIA'S TIME TO SHI-of course not.
So I guess we're getting a bunch of prf blade tomes?

I also disagree. Just because the new armours are outright mentally handicapped doesn't mean she still isn't very good. She has some of best balance in stats, and it's not like she's all that speedy sitting at 30 (or just about right to avoid doubles against Dragons while still getting awesome kills off of Breath A-slots). I don't care what a character can't do against broken characters in a vacuum list, I care about what a character can do once I put them on the stage and see what I can come up with.
As a fellow NUNSWITHAXES advocate, I have to agree with Puddin even if she's objectively best Nun.

It's one thing to be powercrept by Surtr or one of the numerous armored dragons. It's another thing entirely when you aren't actually any better than a 4* launch unit, namely Sheena.

Like, I'd never use Sheena over Axe!Lissa, but much like with Sophia I'm well aware I'm ignoring objectively better/easier characters to use the ones I like better without touching any of the broken ones.

Niles's japanese name.

No, we don't know why they changed it (or any of the names) either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

It's one thing to be powercrept by Surtr or one of the numerous armored dragons. It's another thing entirely when you aren't actually any better than a 4* launch unit, namely Sheena.

Like, I'd never use Sheena over Axe!Lissa, but much like with Sophia I'm well aware I'm ignoring objectively better/easier characters to use the ones I like better without touching any of the broken ones.
Thing is, people make it seem as if it matters. It really doesn't, unless they're leagues in the way that the worse character is outright useless, when it's far from it (let alone this Lissa). Not only are we not just using everyone we like, but it doesn't hold any weight to mention it. I also think it's part of the statement that Sheena is actually really good, rather than her being the bar for "standard" and anything lower just sucks. Sheena's only "bad" stat is her Atk, at 30. Easily remedied when you pack either any of the Breath skills, a Slaying axe and can probably Ignis/Glacies for reverse triangle 50 Dmg.

I think Henry's the only really bad character, and this is coming from someone who's +10'd him and did pretty mean things with him...(he wasn't even +10 and +Res there so this literally wasn't even his final form)

Lissa isn't herself unless shes slaughtering my enemies with cold hard steel.

NUNSWITHAXES FOREVAH

As a fellow NUNSWITHAXES advocate, I have to agree with Puddin even if she's objectively best Nun.
****. This guy knows.

But yeah, I like Lissa a lot more with an axe. Pathetic, but true. Part of the reason I'm so grateful Libra didn't get the Lucius/Lachesis treatment.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Penguin fans? :ultpalutena:

I went to a face-to-face tutorial yesterday which was why I wasn't on, but I found out one student took a plane from some Islands up north just to come to this tutorial we were having. Absolute mad lad. :yeahboi:

Also, how's Genesis 6 been for everyone? Because I've been enjoying them so far myself. It's been great. I sadly didn't see all of Top 64, since I had to go to bed by the time they were being streamed, but it's been enjoyable for me so far.

By the way, I know I posted some of SSH's music on Friday, but here's a question IF we ever do another Zelda Social collab. What track do you think would fit if I ever did contribute? Since I did ask someone in the Marcina Discord for their opinion and they said use S.S.H.'s remix of Holy Orders from Guilty Gear. Though I'm leaning more to Broken Thunder and Fighting of the Spirit. Hmm... Speaking of Smash, I got three clips sent to myself as I got some nifty stuff with Zelda.

One of Zelda spiking G&W twice, one of myself getting I think a zero-to-death on Captain Falcon with her. And then one more where I get a hard read with her Up B, I'll upload them and probably share them tomorrow. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Aussie1024

Switch FC
SW-8059-8133-1521
Hey guys. Hope you all are well.

I don't know if any of you were keeping an eye on the happenings at Genesis these past couple of days, but we got a couple Zelda's who finished respectably well. Ven placed 129 and Bonren placed 193. I'll take that for a huge tournament like this, but I'm hoping it will be a foundation for improvement going forward.

In terms of playing Ultimate itself, I've taken a few days off. I wanted to take a small break from playing. I'm hoping to get back to it today and probably record some matches for you guys to critique over at the video thread. That will probably be sometime this week. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.

(Edit - EventHubs said Kazenoko placed 97 using Zelda)

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I'm so glad the massive drops have been fixed. It's a lot more stable now. Not suddenly dropping 30,000 is amazing haha.

Aussie1024

Switch FC
SW-8059-8133-1521
I'm so glad the massive drops have been fixed. It's a lot more stable now. Not suddenly dropping 30,000 is amazing haha.
That's great to hear. I haven't played online since before the patch was dropped. I'll have to take a look soon and see it for myself.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Soooooooo... For the FEH gorls, who are you voting for for the next annoying voting event?

I'll give my votes to whoever you gorls support since I really don't care. All hail Brave Camilla btw (even though I was kind of salty by the fact that she was once again screwed by the midway announcement results. I'm really thinking people rallied behind Micaiah just to get her to beat Camilla, much like they had done with Veronica last year.).

At least the collective meltdown people had when it was announced she was first was absolutely delicious. :secretkpop:

And Oboro/Tharja refines might get me to finally use some dew!

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Soooooooo... For the FEH gorls, who are you voting for for the next annoying voting event?

I'll give my votes to whoever you gorls support since I really don't care. All hail Brave Camilla btw (even though I was kind of salty by the fact that she was once again screwed by the midway announcement results. I'm really thinking people rallied behind Micaiah just to get her to beat Camilla, much like they had done with Veronica last year.).

At least the collective meltdown people had when it was announced she was first was absolutely delicious. :secretkpop:

And Oboro/Tharja refines might get me to finally use some dew!
I always vote for characters that are not in the game but most of them are not very popular and barely get any votes.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I already sorta hardcore freaked out over Oboro FINNNNNNALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY getting a prf (still wondering why tf Neph got one first when she was already a better unit) so u should all know I'm beyond prepared for it to come.

For the next voting thing, my ideal top 4 would be L!Marth, L!Tiki, L!Hector, and Duma. Buuuuut I already feel like Hector and Duma have a good chance at winning (and I don't really need another flavor of Hector) so I probably won't put in any votes for them. I'll put in a few for Tiki since she has competition with L!Azura I guess but I'm still confident that Tiki will win it. Marth I'm scared for tho so most of my votes are gonna go to him.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
omg thats really cool congratulations!!!!! and im doing sociology, id like to work for like some kind of organization for social change OR LIKE my dream is to work at the un im really passionate about that kind of stuff
That's awesome! Sociology is such a cool field. And Lady Sakutena knows we need dedicated people working in non-profts, government, and social services to change things for the better!

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Caved and played the Plant yesterday. I don't think it is as low tier as everyone is doomsdaying, and I feel like it is mid tier with the potential of being low high tier, if anyone manages to figure out its projectile and neutral. I also didn't run into many dittos, so the hype may be dying down if @Oz wants to try him.

That projectile is honestly insane and will lead to all sorts of hilarious and wacky kills, while actually being oppressive, especially as an edgeguard. You don't even need to throw it, just holding it can cover high recoveries, to the point it's actually hilarious. I think it will end up being the key to it's mysterious neutral.

Fsmash is pretty good, but Up-smash is straight up broken. I think I heard both are invincible or at least have super armor, but Up-smash KOs even heavies at 100. The amount of matches I've sharked with it, is starting to rival Flare Blitz.

It's recovery isn't totally safe, but careful movement and spacing of the hitbox, can be surprisingly effective, even against good edgeguards. My first match was a Pikachu and It's recovery having a lot of distance, meant I could do all sorts of shenanigans to mess his edgeguard up.

Dair seems to be pretty safe and I think is safe on shield and can be used Oos pretty effectively. Is also very good for spiking.

Overall this thing has an advantage state and edgeguard potential that rivals and potentially passes Zelda's, while having a not great but not too bad disadvantage. It's neutral is definitely lacking, but I can't tell if that's due to not understanding it or if it really is that bad. Regardless, a poor neutral never stopped characters like Smash 4 ZSS and with the Plant's ridiculous weight, I think it can last long enough to land one of the ridiculous KO options it has.

The only thing I don't like about it so far, is Poison Cloud taking too long to charge. You basically have to give up stage control and neutral and it's rewards don't seem to be that great at first glance. Also it's Down-B having a hurtbox on it, hurts an already not so useful outside of edgeguarding move.
Yep. I'm still moving up just as slow, but at least I won't have to worry about not moving out of bad playerville, while having a 90% win rate. Although, I don't if it was the weekend or if Elite is For Glory lag on steroids, but it has been atrocious these past couple of days. Maybe this is out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
From the free endorsemet lootboxes, I got the one item i actually wanted from this new overwatch event: ana's yut nori emote. i'm not sure if i mentioned here yet, but I got Ana's golden weapon a few months ago! I'm not sure whose weapon I want next tho

I’m voting Hríd for the Find and Vote Heroes event bc he’s the last Nifl sibling I’m missing and he also has great fodder if people don’t want to use him. However, customer support confirmed that we don’t get to choose which unit we get for free. They’re going to hide the colors of the units and we won’t know which one we got until we summon him/her. that means that you can vote for the same unit for the entire event and you still aren’t even guaranteed to pull them lmao. (link to thread on the feh subreddit).

ofc i appreciate IS giving us 2 free seasonals and another free 5*, but like, why do they have to be random? i’m okay with the seasonals being left to RNG, but when they’re literally having us vote for winners, why can’t we choose the one we want? but i guess i shouldn’t be surprised by IS’s antics anymore

D

Deleted member 189823

What do you guys think of Armours with Bullsh*t Fighter on a non-Armour team (and no Armour buddy glued onto them for Armor March)? I've been thinking of giving DC to Lissa for ages, and it's pretty much an all-out Enemy Phase skill, which may as well go with Vengeful. My problem with Bold is that you're kind of a sitting duck when you either need said extra Armour buddy or Boots (costs an S-slot and it's useless when you lose HP).

And this is pretty much stictly Lissa topic aka no Bullsh*t Fighter Firesweep Boots Jakob/Effie defeating the purpose of being an Armour in the first place.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
What do you guys think of Armours with Bullsh*t Fighter on a non-Armour team (and no Armour buddy glued onto them for Armor March)? I've been thinking of giving DC to Lissa for ages, and it's pretty much an all-out Enemy Phase skill, which may as well go with Vengeful. My problem with Bold is that you're kind of a sitting duck when you either need said extra Armour buddy or Boots (costs an S-slot and it's useless when you lose HP).

And this is pretty much stictly Lissa topic aka no Bullsh*t Fighter Firesweep Boots Jakob/Effie defeating the purpose of being an Armour in the first place.
I feel like another skill to consider for Lissa would be Special Fighter. She has a workable speed stat so she doesn't need to entirely rely on the guaranteed doubles from the other 2 Fighter skills, and it's active both phases which gives her some flexibility. She also already has nice mixed defenses, so stopping specials on top of that is going to increase her survivability even more.
But ofc the skill is super extremo premium and if ya don't have the fodder for it, Vengeful should work just fine on a DC set.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Shield Hero fans? :ultshulk:

Finally got to watching all of Genesis 6's Top 8 for Ultimate. Took me long enough. :V

1st. MKLeo :ultike::ultlucina:
2nd. VoiD :ultpichu::ultwolf:
3rd. Samsora :ultpeach:
4th. Dabuz :ultolimar::ultpalutena:
5th. Zackray :ultwolf:
5th. Light :ultfox:
7th. Cosmos :ultinkling:
7th. ESAM :ultpikachu:

Highlight for me was probably the insane match that Samsora had against MKLeo. I also like how a lot of people don't like Olimar, and I'll admit I am one of those too.

Also, I'll be getting to work with my current assessment which suggested I look at the end of module assessment (EMA). Also, YouTube is recommending me some weird stuff now.

It recommended to me a video about Zelda main in Ultimate, but it's about a GameFAQs forum where they talk about Zelda's feet. You think SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 made it? :secretkpop:

Might as well talk about Duel Links here again, since there are hardly a lot of us here who care about it. :secretkpop:
But we got a new EX Structure Deck for 1k Gems on Ancient Gears, but it seems like it's better to get 3 Structure Decks of it, so I'm not going for that. I did eventually get my 3rd Junk Synchron... Out of 100 GOD DAMN PACKS! Why must you do this to a F2P Komoney!?... But at least I got it in the end, so now I can make those Akiza Synchro decks which is good I guess? Oh, and I got a Prismatic Blizzard Princess when I was after a Tricky, which is fine though. Doesn't make up for the garbage rng they gave me. So stop it Konami:

Stop bullying the F2Ps. :V

Last edited:
Top Bottom