• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, just stopping by because I was shocked no one here put these gems up(From what I saw), as well as the secound tweet being criminally overlooked compared to the first.

Besides that, I am interested in maining Zelda, I have just never been good at her sort of playstyle. Any pointers?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
too bad the banner is pretty uninteresting aside from ryouma's steamy secreT

and then there's the whole thing about Elise and Sakura being children dressed only in towels...also 6th camilla lmao

It's Curtains...+ and Red Hot Ducks+ are some of the best weapon names we've got so far tho

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Hello everyone i have arrived to talk about fire emblem heroes

I strive to be as sexy as Ryoma. One day.

too bad the banner is pretty uninteresting aside from ryouma's steamy secreT

and then there's the whole thing about Elise and Sakura being children dressed only in towels...also 6th camilla lmao

It's Curtains...+ and Red Hot Ducks+ are some of the best weapon names we've got so far tho
seriously good ****ing lord, IS. Who the **** wants Camilla so much that they would so many of them.

Also, I'm confused. Why does Hinoka look hot

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
seriously good ****ing lord, IS. Who the **** wants Camilla so much that they would so many of them.
it's not really that anyone wants all of these camilla alts (although that's not to say that there aren't fans of Camilla); it's more like IS knows that she is a safe bet to make a lot of money thanks to her ample plot. people will whale for busty anime waifus, so IS keeps pumping them out. camilla isn't even relevant to the banner theme half of the time, anyway. all of adrift!camilla's lines are saying that she's a totally different character from the camilla we know, so it's like...why even have it be camilla if it's not even her? that could have been any other fates character (like maybe sumeragi to keep with the theme), but nope, we need another camilla alt bc plot. and it's mostly the same with hny!camilla. they keep giving alts to all of the same characters because it's the safest thing to do from a business standpoint. at the end of the day, IS wants to make money: they have made the decision to milk whales for all their worth instead of focusing more on gameplay and interesting new mechanics. but i guess it's a mobile gacha game, so it's to be expected.

also ew sisT. onsen!hinoka's outfit reminds me of a sailor suit and now i cannot get the image out of my head.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

it's not really that anyone wants all of these camilla alts (although that's not to say that there aren't fans of Camilla); it's more like IS knows that she is a safe bet to make a lot of money thanks to her ample plot. people will whale for busty anime waifus, so IS keeps pumping them out. camilla isn't even relevant to the banner theme half of the time, anyway. all of adrift!camilla's lines are saying that she's a totally different character from the camilla we know, so it's like...why even have it be camilla if it's not even her? that could have been any other fates character (like maybe sumeragi to keep with the theme), but nope, we need another camilla alt bc plot. and it's mostly the same with hny!camilla. they keep giving alts to all of the same characters because it's the safest thing to do from a business standpoint. at the end of the day, IS wants to make money, and if they have made the decision to milk whales for all their worth instead of focusing more on gameplay and interesting new mechanics. but i guess it's a mobile gacha game, so it's to be expected.
**** pl0t.

also ew sisT. onsen!hinoka's outfit reminds me of a sailor suit and now i cannot get the image out of my head.
naw she's a total hawttie. I also legit thought she was Lethe, for a moment (in the news feed thingy).

also does anyone find B-Throw a lot more reliable than U-Throw. I find myself killing people at like 100-120 at the edge. I've even killed Pichu under 90, once. Even without being at the edge, it still feels fairly strong. I've failed to kill stuff like Diddy and Inkling at over 140 with rage.

Again, "Mewtwo-like" my ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How is it going fans of Kingdom Hearts 3 Leaks? :nifty:

About to write up some stuff for University and so on. Once I get this part done, then I'll try and work on the rest.

Also, I'll probably play more Vesperia since I'm having a lot of fun with it; speaking of, could you imagine if one of the DLC characters was Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell from Symphonia/Vesperia?

Then again, if we ever did get a Tales rep, I bet it'll be Yuri Lowell, since his game is seen as the best one in the franchise, yet Lloyd Irving's was originally a Gamecube exclusive before being ported to PS2 and then later PS3 (Whereas Yuri's at first was an Xbox 360 exclusive outside of Japan, which then became a PS3 Only title in Japan). But you never know.

And there's the fact that Lloyd's Mii costume isn't in Ultimate too which makes me wonder if we will actually get a rep. If we do get Yuri, it'd be hilarious if they added in Movement Cancelling for Yuri like how it is in Vesperia (As in he could do Jab then immediately press Shield and the Control Stick to cancel). They could also add Halure as a stage since that's the most iconic one I think or Dahngrest and maybe a few tracks too like Fighting of the Spirit (Both the Phantasia and Symphonia versions), Fury Sparks, Furnace of War, etc.

And I'll leave this for Tilk Tilk whenever she returns.

Last edited:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Unfortunately I’m still too inconsistent with fair/bair specifically and when I’m getting tossed around like I do against pikachu it’s hard to keep my composure. I’ll have to work on those aerials though.

As for Fox I haven’t run into too many, but I’m glad I’ve got some tips for when I do. The right kind of speed against Zelda is deadly.
A mindset I find that helps, is not to worry about taking damage too much and focus on not getting hit by the KO options. The Chus have a hard time KOing, if you don't panic into one of their options. You're likely not going to be able to avoid taking damage anyways and won't until you become experienced in the MU, so instead be on the lookout for their KO moves and combos and bide your time, until you find that opening to land your own. I don't feel like the MU is as difficult as it might appear on paper and that video with Ven fighting Void's Pichu, kind of confirms it to me. Had he not made a few crucial mistakes towards the end, I feel like he would have won that set.

Fox is intimidating, but if you keep calm and avoid his KO options, he isn't that difficult. I find Falco more difficult this time around and while I have only struggled against one Fox in recent memory, all the Falcos I've played recently have been a struggle.

Also when they don't get their maps of choice they usually suck, because they heavily rely on a map type to succeed.
Laggy Bowsers on Omegas are the worst.

also does anyone find B-Throw a lot more reliable than U-Throw. I find myself killing people at like 100-120 at the edge. I've even killed Pichu under 90, once. Even without being at the edge, it still feels fairly strong. I've failed to kill stuff like Diddy and Inkling at over 140 with rage.
I think both of their reliability depends on DI. They work fine on most of the cast, but the upper echelon of speedy characters can really screw with them. It's always annoying back throwing Chrom at like 130+, only to watch him zip straight to the corner. Stage blast zone distance also plays a big part.

D

Deleted member 189823

I think both of their reliability depends on DI. They work fine on most of the cast, but the upper echelon of speedy characters can really screw with them. It's always annoying back throwing Chrom at like 130+, only to watch him zip straight to the corner. Stage blast zone distance also plays a big part.
I always factor in DI.

People tend to make a case for vertical vs. horizontal, saying vertical doesn't tend to factor in horizontal drift (i.e you can KO them from any position of the stage). Thing is, it has to compensate by being at least as strong. U-Throw never really killed for me until pretty high percents...and you're never really center-stage, so it's not like I struggled killing with B-Throw at reasonable percents.

Talking about grabs, I'm still kind of reluctant on the our grab game. You can't really run up and a grab a person that does an aerial, lands and proceeds to buffer an attack. It's pretty annoying. Hence, another reason why I think stuff like Dash Attack and U-Tilt are arguably our best moves.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
naw she's a total hawttie
If this isn't sarcasm, then thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this lmao

Still doesn't make up for this banner tho lmao. Imo it's pretty underwhelming, even the art is pretty underwhelming

But I stg where is IS holding Leo hostage

D

Deleted member 189823

If this isn't sarcasm, then thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this lmao
Trust me, it isn't. She's the hottest one there, albeit hetero bias (see Ryoma). Your move, Cowmilla.

also I keep reading imo and imao the same doesn't help I keep reading the supposed "L" as an "I".

edit I also realise the spiky hair thingy on the back is kind of a turn off when it comes to Hinoka for me. Only came to realise after she dropped the towel on her head.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
They're going to do a crossover with both versions of the Titans. A teaser dropped last fall from the movie's DVD release. There will probably an official release date and trailer coming out sooner than later. It's not totally confirmed that there will be a sixth season, but there will at least be this crossover. It's a direct-to-home release and will not air on CN. It'll probably be around 75-90 minutes. It should be out within the next few months.

I'm holding out hope that it is some precursor to season 6. There was a rumor floating around from those who attended a private screening of the film that they'd do the crossover followed by a sixth season sometime this year or next year. Fingers crossed, because I want the show to finish what it started. I recently watched it for the first time this past summer and absolutely loved it. It's my second favorite show behind Avatar. I, like many others, want to see it finished
oboi yay

So we're gonna get a movie crossover from them this year and then Steven Universe's movie later on. yee

it's not really that anyone wants all of these camilla alts (although that's not to say that there aren't fans of Camilla); it's more like IS knows that she is a safe bet to make a lot of money thanks to her ample plot.
Well her massive plot is one of the reasons she's a safe and easy bet, but she's safe and easy for other reasons.

1) A decent voice.
2) Says some crazy crap by nature, which is entertaining.
3) As far as lord-types go, she's more fleshed out than over half the lords (due to how generic older lords were so it's not that she's amazing, it's just the other half is terrible).
4) Her personality is kinda entertaining. She could go on about how she loves how adorable her siblings and retainers are, and then happily talk about the time she ripped someone's throat out for calling her a sassless heaux.
5) Cool flying undead mount yeee thnx.
6) Edgy dark armor that's also impractical/plot-revealing armor. 2-for-1
7) Then ofc the plot itself.

She's just to safe to not use as much as possible. At least her hair is purple. So that makes her instantly less lame bcuz purple is an amazing color.

I'd also totally support a social arena whenever.

Perfect, that's what I was going for.
You can also use this awful Kidz Bop song if you want to lean more on the awful side.

ScottTape

Smash Rookie
A mindset I find that helps, is not to worry about taking damage too much and focus on not getting hit by the KO options. The Chus have a hard time KOing, if you don't panic into one of their options. You're likely not going to be able to avoid taking damage anyways and won't until you become experienced in the MU, so instead be on the lookout for their KO moves and combos and bide your time, until you find that opening to land your own. I don't feel like the MU is as difficult as it might appear on paper and that video with Ven fighting Void's Pichu, kind of confirms it to me. Had he not made a few crucial mistakes towards the end, I feel like he would have won that set.

Fox is intimidating, but if you keep calm and avoid his KO options, he isn't that difficult. I find Falco more difficult this time around and while I have only struggled against one Fox in recent memory, all the Falcos I've played recently have been a struggle.

Laggy Bowsers on Omegas are the worst.

It took a few losses to realize that Pikachu can have a hard time KO’ing, I think my main problem is speed just makes me uncomfortable and I lose my composure too easily. Need to keep throwing myself at faster characters so I can get used to it.

I’ve found that the handful of times I have been effective against speed, it’s almost entirely due to baiting and reading my opponent. I agree with Oz, dash and U-tilt seem to be our safest option, though I’d also add Nair to that too. Throwing that out and fast falling has helped me feel like I can have a semblance of stage control.

D

Deleted member 189823

1) A decent voice.
2) Says some crazy crap by nature, which is entertaining.
3) As far as lord-types go, she's more fleshed out than over half the lords (due to how generic older lords were so it's not that she's amazing, it's just the other half is terrible).
4) Her personality is kinda entertaining. She could go on about how she loves how adorable her siblings and retainers are, and then happily talk about the time she ripped someone's throat out for calling her a sassless heaux.
5) Cool flying undead mount yeee thnx.
6) Edgy dark armor that's also impractical/plot-revealing armor. 2-for-1
7) Then ofc the plot itself.
you're overthinking it dude
it's just pl0t

On the plus side, her supports with Elise felt cute. We need more of that.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Praise be to Camilla, 6th of her name, for blessing us with 4* Hone Fliers.

May her reign last forever get her a CYL3 alt.

Two years into this ****ing game and I can FINALLY merge my Hinokas.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Praise be to Camilla, 6th of her name, for blessing us with 4* Hone Fliers.

May her reign last forever get her a CYL3 alt.

Two years into this ****ing game and I can FINALLY merge my Hinokas.
She also blesses us with a dagger that works well with Special Spiral.

Flashing Blade + Astra + Special Spiral Legault eeeeeeee

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
How is it going fans of Kingdom Hearts 3 Leaks? :nifty:
Yeah, that game is getting leaked to hell and back. Does not help that videos show up on the front page of YouTube. I've already spoiled myself on it since I don't think I will be getting a PS4 or a Xbox One for that matter any time soon and I doubt KH3 will be given a PC port.

I've talked about this before with development hell games, but I feel like hype has killed Kingdom Hearts 3 for plenty of people considering their reactions to what's being leaked and also in general considering how big Kingdom Hearts is. Now, whether it ends up as a hyped game that is considered good or bad, that's going to have to wait until the game's out. At worst, I think it will end up like Final Fantasy XV as a game with a long, long development time and where because of its lengthy development, people ended up projecting and creating their idealized Kingdom Hearts 3. I don't remember the entire story of the games, but I think that's ironic because Kingdom Hearts, the actual thing in the franchise, was idealized by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and maybe Xemnas. The other thing is that Kingdom Hearts 3 also has to deal with being a game that people figured would have been released way earlier, but instead we had all the other games that expanded and kind of convoluted the story. So, it wouldn't be like FFXV should have been like Versus XIII or an earlier build of FFXV, but KH3 should have been like this or ended after KH2, after 358/2 Days, after Birth By Sleep, after Dream Drop Distance, etc.

It should be fine. I just want more Kingdom Hearts games starring anyone, but Sora. :p

For something else, has anyone been watching the anime Dororo? I didn't even know it was airing or that it was being worked on. Dororo was originally a manga by Osamu Tezuka who is famous for also creating Astro Boy, Black Jack, Princess Knight, and other manga. This manga is about Hyakkimaru, a man who was born after his father made a pact with 48 demons. That pact cost Hyakkimaru his limbs, skin, and internal organs leaving him basically a flayed torso as a baby. He survived and was adopted by a man who gave him prostheses so he could live somewhat like other people by functioning independently and not looking like a zombie. As he slays those demons, he regains his body parts and on that journey to restore himself, a young bandit kid named Dororo tags along. I think the original story was that Dororo wanted to steal Hyakkimaru's sword, but considering Hyakkimaru's prosthetic arms have blades hidden under them, he probably wouldn't have been that bothered with losing his sword. If story somehow sounds familiar, but you never heard of the Dororo manga or the 1969 anime, then you might have played or heard about Blood Will Tell, a 2004 PS2 game by Sega that is more or less Dororo the game. That's where I learned about Dororo.

Edit: Yay! A banner with units I should never use while playing FEH in public! :p
3* Azama: +HP, -Spd

3* Clair: +Atk, -HP. Y'know, a team of Clairs would be neat, but...

5* Hostile Springs Hinoka: +Spd, -Def. Of course my first Hinoka is wearing nothing but a bath towel.

4* Seliph: +HP, -Def.

3* Titania: +Spd, -Def.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Decided to burn my summoning tickets for the New Year's banner.
4* Ares: +Res, -HP.

3* Camilla: +Spd, -Def.

4* Gordin: +Res, -Atk.

3* Jagen: +Atk, -Spd.

4* adult Tiki: +Def, -HP.

4* Clarine: +HP, -Atk.

4* Henry: +Def, -Res.

3* Lachesis: +Spd, -Res.

3* Peri: +Atk, -Res.

4* Stahl: +Res, -Spd.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going IdolM@sters fans? :ultpalutena:

Watching a Rerun of Xanadu right now, and for some reason... YouTube recommended me a video of The Thing doing some of the craziest stuff from the 1960s. :V

YouTube is wack sometimes.

I made some more progress in Vesperia too. Gotta chase after a Guild member who stole a chest I got from a Ghost Ship (Which I think is a side-quest?), it's the one where you temporaily get Patty in your party.

I still think Patty is a very weird character who is all based on Luck and RNG. Also, I had to sell a lot of materials just so I could get enough money to buy healing items during the Coliseum battles. Big oof (I may go back to previous areas when I can, so I can grind up more materials for Synthing.)

Yeah, that game is getting leaked to hell and back. Does not help that videos show up on the front page of YouTube. I've already spoiled myself on it since I don't think I will be getting a PS4 or a Xbox One for that matter any time soon and I doubt KH3 will be given a PC port.

I've talked about this before with development hell games, but I feel like hype has killed Kingdom Hearts 3 for plenty of people considering their reactions to what's being leaked and also in general considering how big Kingdom Hearts is. Now, whether it ends up as a hyped game that is considered good or bad, that's going to have to wait until the game's out. At worst, I think it will end up like Final Fantasy XV as a game with a long, long development time and where because of its lengthy development, people ended up projecting and creating their idealized Kingdom Hearts 3. I don't remember the entire story of the games, but I think that's ironic because Kingdom Hearts, the actual thing in the franchise, was idealized by Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and maybe Xemnas. The other thing is that Kingdom Hearts 3 also has to deal with being a game that people figured would have been released way earlier, but instead we had all the other games that expanded and kind of convoluted the story. So, it wouldn't be like FFXV should have been like Versus XIII or an earlier build of FFXV, but KH3 should have been like this or ended after KH2, after 358/2 Days, after Birth By Sleep, after Dream Drop Distance, etc.

It should be fine. I just want more Kingdom Hearts games starring anyone, but Sora. :p
I've only played about four of the KH Games. KH1, KH2, 358/2 Days and Dream Drop Distance. And I'm mainly watching OneyPlays playing it, which I think is hilarious. I just love how they make fun of it, especially joking about Goofy.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
edit about FEH:

So real talk, I loved Camilla's overworld sprite. It looked hella awesome even with her being a heaux in a towel. Then her art showed up... Yikes. How did they make one of the easier to "make look good" characters so poorly? Only Sakura is the decent looking one face wise. I was hoping to use Camilla on my flier team for ez dagger shenanigans, but not with that art. She's going to straight up be Hone Flier/Dagger fodder.

Hitting baddies is ez tho. :secretkpop:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

She also blesses us with a dagger that works well with Special Spiral.

Flashing Blade + Astra + Special Spiral Legault eeeeeeee
Not too sure about that. Sounds great, in paper. But then, you realise these kind of characters rarely ever want to get hit. Reminds of the Karla thing, where it's kind of ironic she's sacrificing Desperation just to keep an awesome skill like Wrath. She's so fragile, it doesn't make too much sense to leave it on her with she'd be compensating by doing extra damage with a garanteed double (before they can even retaliate).

Astra isn't even that reliable. You're probably better off with an AoE, or something.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I'm unbanned but not really lol

I really just came here because I just got into twitter need everyones twitters tbh!

Idk if the mods will approve this post or not tho
better not post any gifs with it

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Tofu fans? :ultlucina:

So I gave Wolf a try again in Ultimate, and I managed to do two things which I was happy with:

- I got D-Throw > Side B spike twice because my opponent didn't DI away.
- I parried both hits of Chrom's landing Up B and punished with FTilt taking his last stock, it was great and I guess kind of got that sweet satisfaction of getting it because I couldn't kill this Chrom on his 2nd Stock till 210%. :V

Also, hope you all are enjoying Resident Evil 2 so far. Real gory shenanigans.

I really just came here because I just got into twitter need everyones twitters tbh!

Our sass queen has returned! PRAISE FUUJIN!

Also, I'll leave this here:

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
I feel like I just played the most OP Ultimate character earlier. It felt like playing Mario with Chrom's mobility, Smash 4 Ryu like combos, specials that had huge hitboxs and covered lots of space and a counter that can apparently be spammed with little consequences. Not only does it have 50%+ combos and a low percent combo, that can combo from near center stage and end in a spike offstage, but it seems to have Lucina levels of never letting the opponent get back to the stage.

I haven't experienced anything quite as broken or degenerate in Ultimate and I'm really surprised Mii Brawler has slipped under my radar for this long. I've played them before, but never like this. It's been a very long time since I've lost more than once in a row, let alone the entire set. Balanced the Mii Fighters for competitive play my ass.

RIP my GSP, which fell 400,000 today. See you all in Elite six months from now lol.

I always factor in DI.

People tend to make a case for vertical vs. horizontal, saying vertical doesn't tend to factor in horizontal drift (i.e you can KO them from any position of the stage). Thing is, it has to compensate by being at least as strong. U-Throw never really killed for me until pretty high percents...and you're never really center-stage, so it's not like I struggled killing with B-Throw at reasonable percents.

Talking about grabs, I'm still kind of reluctant on the our grab game. You can't really run up and a grab a person that does an aerial, lands and proceeds to buffer an attack. It's pretty annoying. Hence, another reason why I think stuff like Dash Attack and U-Tilt are arguably our best moves.
Yeah, I know what you mean and agree with everything you said, I was just saying on reasonable stages with reasonable DI, up throw should KO around 130-150ish. I rarely have success with any of her kill throws to be honest. It feels like if the opponent ever lives that long in the first place, it's because they have the mobility and DI to do so. When literal Jigglypuff can survive a sweet-spot grounded Up-B ladder at 90% with DI, what hope do I have with throws?

Yeah, grabs in general are difficult to get, due to those reasons. When I do get them is when I get a shield read or trap them at the ledge in shield with Phantom, which further compounds the difficulty in killing with throws.

It took a few losses to realize that Pikachu can have a hard time KO’ing, I think my main problem is speed just makes me uncomfortable and I lose my composure too easily. Need to keep throwing myself at faster characters so I can get used to it.
The speed was the most difficult adjustment for me in this game. It took a long time before it started feeling normal, but now it feels like Smash 4. Once you get used to it, you'll find it easier to stay a little ahead and space disjoints. Those speedy characters won't be quite as difficult, as they appear when you aren't.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
edit btw OW gorls, it's time FOR NEW COSMETICS IN OVERWATCH

GETCHUR FASHION ON THO

HunTy, tf you mean you do Twitter now. That's Trump's platform. He can ban you from L I F E.

Could you make a new account for here?
Ha ban rate is 99.99% because ha soul has been banned from this site. Only ha image remains.

Last edited:

Codebox

Smash Apprentice
Are Zelda's Lightning Kicks really bad? Been hearing they're bad. At the very least they seem to hit more consistently than Brawl and Smash 4. I can actually score KOs with them. You've just proven how deadly they are. Nice videos you have out, keep them coming!

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Ha ban rate is 99.99% because ha soul has been banned from this site. Only ha image remains.
In my head canon for this social ha was supposed to be an unstoppable Sass Queen who did not waste her time with us mortals. She was horrible and fascinating all at once, like a scorpion prepared to strike, all angles and sharp lines and menace. And I’m not sure if fiction or reality is scarier.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Fujin without gifs is like an MMA fighter with their hands tied behind their back. Weakened yes, but still deadly.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Are Zelda's Lightning Kicks really bad? Been hearing they're bad. At the very least they seem to hit more consistently than Brawl and Smash 4. I can actually score KOs with them. You've just proven how deadly they are. Nice videos you have out, keep them coming!
Her kicks are good, but not good enough for the drawbacks they have.

1) She has 2 of the same aerial moves, meaning she can't do a wall of Bairs/Fairs as an approach. Same move, same usage, the move better be damn good... It's OK enough at least. Good enough to be scary for opponents. But not too scary since she's a slow glass cannon with an awkward moveset for that type of character. It looks like the kick was made to "defuse" a combo situation or get a good hit in, but the range is just too bad and she doesn't have enough intangible parts to even keep her safe. Her entire kit results in her getting hits but being hit simultaneously. It's really bad.

2) Can't be used for an approach because they aren't safe enough on shield or if they hit the sourspot. Compared to other tipper type sourspots, her sourspot is straight up useless except for cute little combo memes that aren't reliable enough to count on. But they are there. So she gets half a point for them at least.

3) The range is pathetic and so is the angle it covers. Other Fairs cover directly in front of them or even over them to below them (see Marth). Hers covers a forward and downard angle, which is useful and is something most Bairs can do and relieving pressure if it somehow hits the target. Except she has 2 of the same move. So see #1.

4) High risk, high reward, and she's a slow glass cannon. Other characters have less risk/the same reward and are faster. Usually with more range and more options. They can also use a low-reward hit (sourspot, knicked, etc) to go into a combo or retreat. Her low-reward is her getting ezpummeled. She either gets an A+ or she fails, nothing in between.

5) Her kicks are extremely powerful despite the above. However, they favor hitting people who are at a lower or equal angle to her... All of her moves fling people upwards and diagonally. Oops. If they don't kill the person, they knock them far and high enough for them to safely recover high too. Double oops.

6) Super duper fun fact! All powerful hit-lightning moves have a cute little freeze frame effect for dramatic and unnecessary effect. You know. So you can have time to properly DI her already easy to survive KB - how wonderful and useful for a character who is slow and has diagonal/easy to work with KB!

So Zelda is good. But her entire kit is flawed because of how limited it is in range of versatility. She is best played like a fast combo character, except her "can kill you threshold" is 35%-75%. After that she has to really work for it by racking up excess damage so the KB can finally kick in OR get a good hard read in. That's why she'll never be high tier or even high-mid without some meaningful changes. On the flip side, if the changes are too good she'll essentially become another Sm4sh Bayonetta/Inkling 1.0 because her kit is so ****ing weird that basic how-to-spam-to-live knowledge doesn't work vs her.

TL;DR she a'ight. She ain't good. Anything powerful can be DI'd due to how much leeway the game gives her opponents and the lack of decent kill combos vs non-heavies. But she's viable. Her weird AF kit disallows basic tactics that work vs most of the other cast to work vs her. If someone knows the MU, she ain't winning easily. If they kinda know the MU then most of her "surprise2win" things are gambles. If they think she's just another character, Zelda gets an ez win (which is why she's da kween vs most of the Smash Elite Spam crowd).

Fuujin

Smash Champion
edit btw OW gorls, it's time FOR NEW COSMETICS IN OVERWATCH

GETCHUR FASHION ON THO

HunTy, tf you mean you do Twitter now. That's Trump's platform. He can ban you from L I F E.

But I can post gifs and drag people and twitter doesn't have power tripping mods that will stalk my post and ban me.

1) She has 2 of the same aerial moves, meaning she can't do a wall of Bairs/Fairs as an approach. Same move, same usage, the move better be damn good... It's OK enough at least. Good enough to be scary for opponents. But not too scary since she's a slow glass cannon with an awkward moveset for that type of character. It looks like the kick was made to "defuse" a combo situation or get a good hit in, but the range is just too bad and she doesn't have enough intangible parts to even keep her safe. Her entire kit results in her getting hits but being hit simultaneously. It's really bad.

2) Can't be used for an approach because they aren't safe enough on shield or if they hit the sourspot. Compared to other tipper type sourspots, her sourspot is straight up useless except for cute little combo memes that aren't reliable enough to count on. But they are there. So she gets half a point for them at least.

3) The range is pathetic and so is the angle it covers. Other Fairs cover directly in front of them or even over them to below them (see Marth). Hers covers a forward and downard angle, which is useful and is something most Bairs can do and relieving pressure if it somehow hits the target. Except she has 2 of the same move. So see #1.

4) High risk, high reward, and she's a slow glass cannon. Other characters have less risk/the same reward and are faster. Usually with more range and more options. They can also use a low-reward hit (sourspot, knicked, etc) to go into a combo or retreat. Her low-reward is her getting ezpummeled. She either gets an A+ or she fails, nothing in between.

5) Her kicks are extremely powerful despite the above. However, they favor hitting people who are at a lower or equal angle to her... All of her moves fling people upwards and diagonally. Oops. If they don't kill the person, they knock them far and high enough for them to safely recover high too. Double oops.

6) Super duper fun fact! All powerful hit-lightning moves have a cute little freeze frame effect for dramatic and unnecessary effect. You know. So you can have time to properly DI her already easy to survive KB - how wonderful and useful for a character who is slow and has diagonal/easy to work with KB!

So Zelda is good. But her entire kit is flawed because of how limited it is in range of versatility. She is best played like a fast combo character, except her "can kill you threshold" is 35%-75%. After that she has to really work for it by racking up excess damage so the KB can finally kick in OR get a good hard read in. That's why she'll never be high tier or even high-mid without some meaningful changes. On the flip side, if the changes are too good she'll essentially become another Sm4sh Bayonetta/Inkling 1.0 because her kit is so ****ing weird that basic how-to-spam-to-live knowledge doesn't work vs her.

TL;DR she a'ight. She ain't good. Anything powerful can be DI'd due to how much leeway the game gives her opponents and the lack of decent kill combos vs non-heavies. But she's viable. Her weird AF kit disallows basic tactics that work vs most of the other cast to work vs her. If someone knows the MU, she ain't winning easily. If they kinda know the MU then most of her "surprise2win" things are gambles. If they think she's just another character, Zelda gets an ez win (which is why she's da kween vs most of the Smash Elite Spam crowd).
LKs seem great until you realize that other characters have b air's just as strong with more range.
Falco, Ike, Ness, Incineroar(even tho hes trash), Ganon, Samus, etc all have b airs that are about as strong or stronger than LKs and they don't require the small 1-2 frame sweetspot.
They're really good out of shield if you aren't Pichu size.

She hit's and moves like a heavy without the survivability.
I legit forgot how hard it is to land with her tho.

Also I got banned from the Zeldawful discord for saying she was bad, it was a biT nostalgic to see delusional Zelda mains calling her good tho.
A throwback to the early smash 4 days tbh!

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
It's good to see some of our fallen sistren back in action.

I'm pretty much done with FEH honestly, it's just really boring at this point and we're hardly getting any new interest characters with the exception of the laguz, who also happened to be powercrept af. Now I'm on the Dragalia Lost grind, and it's been p fun, I've been played for nearly a couple months and I just got my first clear on High Brunhilda yesterday. I kinda wanna check out the Langrisser game as well. Has anyone else tried it out?

D

Deleted member 189823

I mean, they're not exactly free, but they're an amazing kill move to have. Since they're both Frame 6, they're an incredible OoS option (granted, your positioning matters). There's a ton of bull**** I get out of things like whiffed grabbed and certain spaced attacks.

Thank you. (: I am making a compilation video, and I should be getting it out there by later tonight or tomorrow (if anyone is interested).

Fuujin Fuujin HI FUUJIN!!!!!!!
image0-105.jpg

D

Deleted member 189823

Can't believe how little tournaments I've played since the game came out. This includes weeklies. Then you see guys like ven with new matches every single day... I want to be able to prove myself on something legit, and not just a cute combo or two on friendlies.

I have a new aspiration to be better.

Aussie1024

"Stow your fear. It's now or never!"
Switch FC
SW-8059-8133-1521
Thank you. (: I am making a compilation video, and I should be getting it out there by later tonight or tomorrow (if anyone is interested).
Count me interested. I'll make sure to check it out when you post it. BTW, have you been able to catch my match videos that I posted on the video forum? I'm gonna make some time tomorrow morning to watch your offline matches you posted to pick up on some things.

D

Deleted member 189823

Count me interested. I'll make sure to check it out when you post it. BTW, have you been able to catch my match videos that I posted on the video forum? I'm gonna make some time tomorrow morning to watch your offline matches you posted to pick up on some things.
I definitely didn't forget. I just like to analize these things with time and thought, as to not throw out some generic advice. I wanted to take my time and review all of them, actually.

I appreciate your interest. Thank you.

Codebox

Smash Apprentice

I can get behind this as I had the same feeling for a while. Still they are at least far more competent to land than in Brawl and especially Smash 4. However I think her Melee Kicks would be far more beneficial as they are more spacing/approach tools than a hard read punish option, also the ability to do two LK out of a SH needs to come back, it would be highly intuitive for a game like Ultimate. I mean we're have way there (less ending lag and slightly bigger sweetspot) but we may as well go all the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom