• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I think we can all agree on one thing...

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin would main Teddie in BBTAG. :secretkpop:

Anyway, what's up WataMote fans?

So I decided to look up that series and to my surprise, it's still going. And I feel like it may end up becoming a yuri harem for Tomoko. Hmm...

:cheep:

Oh, and I just found out about the Mini BOX and Banlist for Duel Links. :yeahboi:

I am curious about the Mini BOX, however one archetype scares me but peeks my interest being the Fairy Tale archetype. But their Field Spell is what scares me.

I'll just leave them in a spoiler and probably write up another FSG inspired piece. :secretkpop:

Golden Castle of Stromberg
Field Spell

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, you must banish 10 cards from the top of your Deck face-down (this is not optional), or this card is destroyed. During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck that specifically lists the card "Golden Castle of Stromberg" in its text. You cannot Normal Summon/Set the turn you activate this effect (even if this card leaves the field). You can only use this effect of "Golden Castle of Stromberg" once per turn. When your opponent's monster declares an attack: Destroy the attacking monster, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the ATK that monster had on the field.

The negative effect is what scares me. Since we can only have at minimum 20 cards and at maximum 30 cards. So you'll be losing about 75% of your deck if you're running 20 Cards. And 50% of your deck if you're running 30 Cards. But if there's a card that'll return banished cards to the deck, then maybe it could work? Well, this is a R anyway in the new Mini BOX.

Glife the Phantom Bird
Level 4
Winged Beast/Effect/WIND
1500 ATK/1500 DEF

You can discard this card; add 1 "Golden Castle of Stromberg" from your Deck to your hand. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 card in your opponent's Spell & Trap Zone; destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Glife the Phantom Bird" once per turn.

This I can see being decent, since it's Backrow removal and it can search the Field Spell. Though its stats lead much to be desired.

Iron Hans
Level 4
Warrior/Effect/EARTH
1200 ATK/800 DEF

If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Iron Knight" from your Deck, also if "Golden Castle of Stromberg" is not in a Field Zone when this effect resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Iron Hans" once per turn. Gains 1000 ATK for each "Iron Knight" you control, while "Golden Castle of Stromberg" is in a Field Zone.

Running 2 Iron Knights basically makes this a 3200 Beatstick. Which isn't too bad. Though Wall of Disruption and other Backrow can easily stop it. So... Oof? But that effect for Special Summoning Extra Deck monsters is great. Imagine easily getting out Stardust Dragon or maybe one Extra Deck monster that prevents the Banish effect of Stromberg.

Iron Knight
Level 4
Warrior/Effect/EARTH
1700 ATK/700 DEF

Loses 1000 ATK while you control "Iron Hans". If this card on the field is destroyed by battle or sent to the GY by a card effect: You can add 1 "Iron Hans" from your Deck to your hand, or, if "Golden Castle of Stromberg" is in a Field Zone, you can add 1 Warrior monster from your Deck to your hand, instead. You can only use this effect of "Iron Knight" once per turn.

Has the negative effect of Hans being on the field but the searching capabilities are decent. But still, Stromberg is just so intimidating...

Prinzessin
Level 4
Fairy/Effect/LIGHT
300 ATK/600 DEF

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Pumpkin Carriage" from your hand or Deck, then, if "Golden Castle of Stromberg" is in a Field Zone, you can equip 1 "Glass Slippers" from your Deck to this card. You can only use this effect of "Prinzessin" once per turn. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent by a direct attack: You can target 1 "Glass Slippers" equipped to this card and 1 face-up monster on the field; equip that "Glass Slippers" to that target.

I think this will be the main monster that'll be ran in these decks. Since it can swarm the field, she can automatically equip Glass Slippers and the Glass Slippers are another important factor of the engine.

Glass Slippers
Equip Spell

If this card is equipped to a Fairy monster, it gains 1000 ATK. If this card is equipped to a non-Fairy monster, it cannot attack, also it loses 1000 ATK. If this card is sent to the GY because the equipped monster is destroyed: You can target 1 "Prinzessin" you control; equip this card to that target. You can only use this effect of "Glass Slippers" once per turn.

I can this being used in Stall Decks as well, equip to say a Lava Golem and then they cannot do jack with it other then wait for the innevitable and get burned out. But I think it's a decent card of Fairy Tale decks.

Pumpkin Carriage
Level 3
Plant/Effect/EARTH
0 ATK/300 DEF

"Prinzessin" you control can attack directly. Your opponent cannot target "Golden Castle of Stromberg" you control with card effects, also it cannot be destroyed by card effects.

The protection for Fairy Tale decks, sure it's good but does it really do what it can? It cannot stop Wall of Disruption, Enemy Controller, Sphere Kuriboh, etc. But we'll have to wait and see how the meta evolves and develops for Fairy Tales.

Iron Cage
Continuous Spell

When this card is activated: Send 1 monster you control to the GY, or, if "Golden Castle of Stromberg" is in a Field Zone, you can send 1 monster your opponent controls to the GY, instead. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can target the monster that was sent to the GY by this card's effect; destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon that monster to your field. You can only activate 1 "Iron Cage" per turn.

This one seems alright, sure being able to permenantly steal an opponent's monster is great, but we still have to be weary of backrow.

I'd say Fairy Tales have an... okay or below average chance of being good in DL. Since Stromberg's effect is far too overpowering, you'll only last about 5 Turns (20 Card Deck) or 8 Turns (30 Card Deck). And that's what is kind of scary, forcing to just remove half of your deck to keep it out.

And now... Time to do an inspired FSG thing on Yu Narukami. :secretkpop:

Yu Narukami's debut in P4A was a strong one. Being a well rounded fighter and have apparently no weaknesses whatsoever, though you have to take into consideration that the Persona fighting games have one thing that other fighters don't. Status Aliments. Meaning that Narukami if he uses certain moves, he'll be able to inflict status effects such as Paralysis with his SB version of Zio. Yu is also one of the more beginner friendly characters in the game, with decent health pool, great okizemes and a great user of meter to increase his damage tenfold.

His mixups are also good and grants him whatever he so desires to do, go for grab, overhead, lows, etc. And this is all thanks to his Sweep into 5D combo string, if used properly he can easily overwhelm his opponent with ease. However, he does need to rely heavily on his 5D in order to go on the offense, without it he can struggle blockstring wise, like many fighting games he can cancel Normals into Specials to help with his Oki and Mixups and even help with his blockstrings too. Defense wise, well obviously blocking does help and it helps well with Narukami, but when adding his Neutral and Okis into the mix as well, he can add more range to his defensive options and while players can disrespect his oki, he has to be careful about this and what his opponent can do.

Matchup wise, it's easy to agree that his toughest Matchup is Mitsuru, known as the Queen of Persona 4 Arena. Fast moves, great projectiles, status effects and big damage is what makes her stand above the rest.

Despite these, Yu is seen comfortably in High Tier. And while we don't have a lot of Tier Lists. JIYUNA before the Console release placed him 4th on the Tier List, post release and opinions from the Japanese Scene placed him as 3rd best in the game. Sadly, I don't believe I'll be able to find any tournament results of P4A at any majors...
Ultimax Hold came and went but it did leave a mark on the P4A scene.

And before we go onto what changed entirely for Yu and the game itself, let's go onto his weaknesses... For one, Narukami's weaknesses are more noticable but not by a lot. He's more prone to the problem of Persona Breaking, mainly due to how long his recovery is for his Persona attacks, such as Ziocar, I mean Swift Strike (214C/D) and his damage output is weaker if he doesn't make use of his meter or corner, but despite these... Narukami thrived in Ultimax, as not only did he improve in the game, but there was new stuff added too, specifically Shadow versions of the characters. And despite NEVER having one in the original game, Narukami has a Shadow counterpart. Shadow Yu, and there are some differences to take note of. Outside of their portraits and sprites.

Shadow Yu cannot use Thunder God Dance (214214A+B) and his A Autocombo is slightly different compared to Narukami. Which is actually his old Autocombo from vanilla. Narukami also had a bunch of sweet buffs add to his repetoire, and just like in his vanilla rendition, he is still very versatile and beginner friendly, allowing all players to join in and play him, great Okizemes and Mixups as usual, space control with many of his B moves. Proficient with his resources and good damage when making use of his meter and corner combos. Not only that, his offense is extremely safe, meaning he doesn't have to take risks, he can just keep wailing on his opponent till the cows come home, allowing for grab setups, high-lows, overheads, etc. Narukami thrived so much more in this game compared to vanilla and he is often seen competing with the Top Spot.

Lord Knight's Tier List depicts Teddie, Narukami and Yosuke competing for the #1 Spot. Whereas Shadow Yu is somewhere seen around Low-Mid to Low Tier, due to lacking certain moves and his combo structure changing a bit.
And now BBTAG. Narukami while didn't like the nerfs he got, still has done damn well in BBTAG. And we'll start with the weaknesses he has.

Due to the change of mechanics for Persona users in BBTAG, no longer are there fears of Persona breaks, if the Persona is hit, that character will instead lose 5% of their HP which means they can be a bit more on the frail side if they're far too reckless with their B Moves or Specials. Narukami also lost his combo potential meaning his moves are now all simple and linear and since he cannot OMC anymore, he now has to rely on assists to him extend combos. Characters like Jin, Gordeau, Ruby and Hyde for example help out exceptionally well with this and can help with his below average damage, which he'll need since his blockstrings can be not too great. However, he has good fullscreen projectiles in the form of EX Zio and Ziodyne and he can help with extensions himself combo wise.

His 5BB also can push opponents away and helps with the corner carry too. His 5C is great for high-low mixups which allow him to keep applying pressure especially in Cross Combos. His j214A also got changed to being his jC, meaning that this fast moving Special is now tied to his Normals. But players have to be wary that it can whiff on combo extensions.

Narukami is also a great partner to characters like Gordeau, who can help wallbounce with his 5P assist, allowing Gordeau to connect 5B>236B more efficiently after doing one loop. Jin's 5P also helps with Narukami, allowing him proper extensions Midscreen whereas Gordeau can help with Corner extensions. Ruby despite being annoying and a mistake to all of BBTAG, has use with Narukami with her 5P assit, since it launches the opponent upward, allowing air combos.

Narukami has also done well in numerous BBTAG tournaments, so we'll go over those and there are quite a bunch.
Narukami has placed in the following:
- 2nd place at Winter Brawl 3D by Punk with Yu/Jin.
- 13th at Anime Ascension 2019 by Clim with Yu/Orie.
- 25th at EVO Japan 2019 by Namuru with Carmine/Yu.
- 13th at Frosty Faustings XI by Fame96 with Yu/Jin.
- 1st place at Kumite in Tennesse by Fame96, 5th place by Stabs with Yu/Nu-13.
- 1st place at NEC 19 by Grover with Yu/Ruby.
- 2nd Place at DreamHack Atlanta by Fame96, 5th by Joel with Yu/Ruby and 7th by Cookie with Yu/Carmine.
- 3rd Place at CEOtaku 2018 by Fame96, 7th by TempestRomeo with Yu/Waldstein, 13th by Cookie.
- 5th Place at SoCal Regionals by Punk, 9th by Spectro with Yu/Yuzuriha.
- 4th Place at REV Major 2018 by Champo with Weiss/Yu.
- 3rd Place at The Mixup 2018 by Keo with Jin/Yu, 5th by Masta with Carmine/Yu and 9th by Mute with Yang/Yu.
- And 1st Place, 3rd and 9th at Summer Jam 12 by TameStorm with Yu/Jin, Grover, Initial J with Izayoi/Yu and Boom with Yosuke/Yu.

Despite not being seen as much, Yu Narukami is often considered to be a strong threat, with his 5A having great reach and range and if often seen as a High Tier or Top Tier threat, standing up there with Ruby, Gordeau, Hyde, Jin Kisaragi, Waldstein, and so on.
So how good was Yu Narukami?

Honestly, I think he was great. Narukami has managed to stand out and keep within the upper epsilons of competitive play in all three games. Sure, he does struggle in BBTAG a bit, but he still makes up for it with strong synergy with several characters and being a strong contender for Top Tier. And with the Arcade Patch coming out soon, we can definitely see the bonds he has made, never breaking at all when that time comes.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

The very 80's style Y!Tiki is super adorable. Chubby and excited. Also the face by itself out of context is probably a 10/10 reaction image.

Anyway, just downloaded Blade and Soul. It looks like a very nice game and the character customization is pretty neat. All the male characters are baras or buff yaois but the little 50% furries are super smol and cute so idk who to play. I can only have 2 characters per account. :^(

I'm thinking of Summoner bcuz cat and my little summoner guy is a dragon boi because I bet there's a million cat bois/dog bois/9tailed fox bois/etc already.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Dragalis Lost made an all-male banner, and did it before:
1) Making an all-female banner
2) FE Heroes could make an all-male banner
IS could never omg.
On top of all of that, the game is getting a pretty sizable half-anniversary celebration next month and it looks way better than Heroes' actual anniversary. heroes is smelly, dragalia is better

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The only thing good about that game seems to be the Jpop they use. :^)

btw any gorl wanna play SmashU?

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Did anyone else see Captain Marvel? If so what did you think of it? I’m curious because I liked it a lot but it seems that everyone else considers it to be either mediocre or terrible.

Sorry, I really don’t have anything to contribute to the social right now so I’m posting the only thing on my mind.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Did anyone else see Captain Marvel? If so what did you think of it? I’m curious because I liked it a lot but it seems that everyone else considers it to be either mediocre or terrible.

Sorry, I really don’t have anything to contribute to the social right now so I’m posting the only thing on my mind.
It's very good, nothing spectacular but if you like MCU movies then you'll like this. Definitely worth the time to watch it. Also I'm uploading a review of it on my YouTube channel tomorrow that you can check out ;DDDD

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay... am I just totally incompetent that it takes me 2-3 hours to clear an Abyssal level? I have also sacrificed units for their skills to beat the levels sometimes.

Please say it's not just me :(

My Lukas was amazing on Rutger's Infernal level. Just had to bait the green mage and then Lukas just tanked everything else :)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Forgot this was a thing, but the Devil May Cry 3 smartphone game for China, Devil May Cry: Pinnacle of Combat, is finally entering beta testing some time this year: https://www.siliconera.com/2019/03/...ombat-to-enter-beta-testing-in-china-in-2019/. There was a DMC4 mobile game called Devil May Cry 4 Refrain for the iPhone that was a port of the actual game and launched around the same time frame. Anyway, check out how pretty Dante looks in the game. :p

As for the Sonya thing. She isn't a 4* or lower summon unlike the other 2 gorls. Her niche is very particular only because of how rare she is and how better other +10able mages are.
She also has to compete with Lewyn. Sonya has +10 damage when triggering a special while Lewyn has a reverse, >= 50% HP threshold Desperation, and comes with Special Spiral by default. Out of the box, Lewyn is much better than Sonya and sacrificing him for Special Spiral to make another green, Special Spiral mage might not be worth it when, if you have these units, you can give Special Spiral to Celica, Ishtar, Lilina, Ophelia, or Tailtiu among others and non-mages like Special Spiral vanguard Ike is a thing.

Sonya is very lopsided so a physical hit is fatal and a magical one is a tickle.
The weird thing is that compared to the other female mages in SoV, Celica and Sonya's physical defense would be considered good for a mage. It's just that in Heroes, especially for gen 1 infantry ranged units, they didn't have enough stats to go around if you pumped them into other stuff. Sonya also had to introduce Res Ploy and this was before let's have Gunnthra's resistance be made up from her tome and Fortress Res so that mage cavalry with 25 base neutral resistance can actually, barely, use her default Res Ploy.

If Sonya were closer to her Gaiden/SoV self, then she probably would have been a jack of all trades basically making her like a green Celica, Jeorge, or Tharja or if they went in with Gaiden/SoV having the lowest resistance stats of all the games, then she'd probably be like Jamke, Klein with flipped defenses, Leon with less defense for more speed, or Takumi. So, something like 38 HP, 33 Atk, 33 Spd, 23 Def, and 20 Res for the balanced stat spread or 38 HP, 33 Atk, 33 Spd, 26 Def, and 17 Res for the low resistance. Using gen 1 BST as a what if as she was introduced like this. The balanced stat spread runs into the issue of Soren would be more specialized towards mage tanking and overall bulk with Wind's Brand's Chill Atk 3 and unique refine -owl effect and Nino would destroy her as an offensive mage when she has a default -blade tome, before and after she was given a new tome, and 33/36 base neutral offenses. Skewing her towards low resistance would give her a unique niche and also kind of make Merric look even worse, but she'd also run into jokes of Reinhardt destroys her like all the other green units who don't have T-Adept and/or high resistance. Also, neither of those are that better offensively, since she'd just have 2 more base neutral speed than she does now.

Ophelia is pretty good too, but she's a 5* locked mage and requires a mage-tastic start to abuse her gimmick. So ironically, despite being very awkward, Sonya is still the better choice than Ophelia (she has a more flexible gimmick with slightly more fire power because why the **** would you want a 4 mage team aside from memes).
Ophelia's Missiletainn special charge effect to me is like giving her another option than relying on Infantry Pulse or Ostia's Pulse. For certain mages who have high HP, they could run Infantry Pulse and give her -2 special cooldown. It also includes her, so by herself, she still gets -1 special cooldown on the start of turn one meaning one mage ally with Infantry Pulse would let her charge an AoE special on turn 1. The only problem is that none of the current mage dancers have higher health than her which is 38 neutral base. PA Inigo has the highest health for a mage dancer at 37 neutral base.

Combined with the Killer effect, Ophelia does get -2 special cooldown as a result where one is permanent and the other is turn 1 only since Missiletainn's "Mage Pulse" includes her: "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). At the start of turn 1, grants Special cooldown count-1 to unit for each magic ally on your team (including unit)." So, it's similar and arguably better than having Quickened Pulse 2. She doesn't get +10 damage when triggering a special, but when her base neutral attack is 37, she gets a superboon with +Atk, and she targets resistance which is usually lower than defense, most things tend to die after an AoE special is triggered by her. That said, +10 damage ignores defense so if Ophelia somehow runs into a situation where she's doing 0 damage after triggering a different special like Glimmer, Moonbow, or Draconic Aura, then Sonya and Tailtiu in Wrath range win out since they will guarantee +10 damage. I have no idea how the Wo Dao effect interacts with AoE specials; I don't know if it's added during the AoE or after.

If Sonya drops to 3*/4* she'll be on par with Tailtiu/Lilina and help form the Gawdess Triangle. But as of right now, she's 2nd choice because her refine is Leo tier. "Could be good if they weren't 5* locked and required very specific natures."
I feel like this is a problem for almost all gen 1 and some gen 2 units.

The craziest gen 1 unit they could drop right now in my opinion would be Celica. Unique refined Ragnarok is that stupid that I feel like Hector or Nephenee dropping to at most, 4* and 5* summonable, and making Distant Counter and Wrath more accessible is not as crazy as Celica dropping 4* to 5* summonable or even 3* to 4*. Like Lilina, she doesn't really need much to start wrecking **** once you unique refine her tome. Celica only really needs Fury 3 and Desperation 3 to get going and Lilina only really needs Death Blow 3. Everyone else is either cool, they're easier to get now and are quality of life stuff like Jaffar would have L&D3 as a 4* unit or they're strong, but not crazy strong. Granted, she's another red infantry mage, but she's a red infantry mage with effectively 37/38 offenses at all times with refined Ragnarok and its no health restriction Atk/Spd Push 3 which then gets bumped up to 44/45 offenses once she drops into unique refined Ragnarok's Brazen Atk/Spd 3 range. She can easily get into that with Fury 3 which also means her offenses are effectively 40/41 before Brazen Atk/Spd 3.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Puddin and I played a few games earlier and they were fun but more importantly Din's Failure clanged with Wii Fit's back air. How is it still possible for that move to clang with anything, ESPECIALLY something like Wii Fit's bair lmao. ban•zelda
Besides that u did sassily with Zeldawful. May your lightning kicks continue to hit the opponent's face. Also I feel like I was doing really well with Rosalina which I didn't expect but yay.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Excuse the username, but apparently Zelda's ledge get up attack range is meh compared to some monsters like Bowser's. At least she has more range than Snake. Why does Fox have more range than Falco and Wolf? They're taller than him.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Excuse the username, but apparently Zelda's ledge get up attack range is meh compared to some monsters like Bowser's. At least she has more range than Snake. Why does Fox have more range than Falco and Wolf? They're taller than him.
Because Fox is faster, meaning he juts himself up further before easily bringing himself back. KUNG FU FOX, ofc.

Though given how people ledge guard now, get up attacks are pretty worthless to use.

Puddin and I played a few games earlier and they were fun but more importantly Din's Failure clanged with Wii Fit's back air. How is it still possible for that move to clang with anything, ESPECIALLY something like Wii Fit's bair lmao. ban•zelda
Besides that u did sassily with Zeldawful. May your lightning kicks continue to hit the opponent's face. Also I feel like I was doing really well with Rosalina which I didn't expect but yay.
You're really good with Rosalinda. Even tho she is a filthy ecoterrorist who would kill qtpi plants and kitty kat wrestlers. But what's more important is you used her most OP pallet color so you're forgiven for your sins. Your WFT was super slippery and I didn't appreciate that. pls do not cover WFT in body oil unless you plan on using shirtless male WFT ok thnx. :^)

As for Zeldawful, I find it better to use her like Little Mac for neutral... If he could only walk and never run, that is. lolslow. Pretty much the moment Zelda gets off the ground she opens herself up for punishment unless it's an empty hop. And even then, she has better options for ground garbage. I don't understand the point of being fast laterally while midair if pretty much everything she does midair is subpar or dangerous. Aside from off-stage Dair/Nair harassment, which is nice, but doesn't really need lateral aerial speed because of how short the gaps are between the blast zone and ledge.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
tfw you type up a bunch of stuff only for the draft to not be saved and you lose it all. w/e the tl;dr was basically that IS is dumb and feh is kinda lame rn. here’s to hoping for something good in april

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin I’m thinking of building a +10 Donnel, and I already have all copies as manuals for it. What should I run on him? He currently has neutral ivs, but I have a +atk one I can merge into.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde depends on what you want him to do and if he's married to a dedicated cheerleader or not.

tbh it's not worth it to +10 a unit you don't plan on murdering everything with them. Or use them as a core husbando/waifu cheerleader (Legendaries, Corrin, Marth, Eirika/Ephraim, etc). I regret wasting feathers on Nowi and Felicia. I could've had a +10 husbando instead, like Niles or Legault. :^(

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's crack-a-lackin' Letterbox fans?

:ultduckhunt:

Just thinking up of a few designs for my University project on Letterboxes and wondering what else I can create, I got about 7 out of 8 done so far and hopefully I can come up with more.

Also, here's a question (I may have asked this before. I might as well ask again), is there anyone you hope to appear in BBTAG from this upcoming Arcade Release we'll be getting?

This is probably who I'd want:

Celica A. Mercury

Kokonoe

Susanoo
Elizabeth

Adachi

Rise
Hilda

Chaos

Eltnum
NO ONE
Saki, Kamui and Akane.

:secretkpop:

We need MUST DIE in BBTAG anyway. And as much as I'd love to have Eltnum in BBTAG... I doubt that's gonna happen, we'll get either Nanase, Enkidu or Wagner instead.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I pulled a Lewyn from the free pull on Sonya's re-up banner. lmaook. Meanwhile the new Heroes banner has 4.25% pity rate. I should stop pulling and just save my orbs for the end of the month - like a smart person. But noooooooo why would I do that? :^)

So anyway, who the hell is my +10 project with Special Spiral spam? I already have Tailtiu (who I will gladly feed to Sonya if Sonya is demoted), so that covers AOE spam. Since it's in a B slot there aren't too many cheesy things I can do besides using a -1 special weapon and abuse heavy hitters with low speed. But it's only safe to start a +10 with a prf when using crazy rare SI. :^(

pls demote Dorcas or give Hawkeye his prf already omg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anyone fans of Umihara Kawase-games AND Fantastic Night Dreams Cotton-series?

Because apparently, Umihara's getting a new installment, and it looks to feature a certain beloved trashy adorable witch kid:

The newest Umihara-installment seems to be a Metroidvania too, apparently. Quite curious where this'll go. Also Umihara's new design is just perfection...

Also for the occassion, I needed to do this:

Bit late on this, but an article came up about it. Sure enough, it even seems to incorporate the US backstory into the plot for this in this case, as there's emphasis on finding food to craft recipes.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_fresh_to_north_america_and_europe_this_july

Somehow I'm not surprised that they picked Cotton as a guest character (well, okay, maybe a little bit surprised…), it practically feels like Nicalis randomly picks character guest names out of a hat at times. Not complaining, it's just a little odd (though so far it makes somewhat more sense compared to some previous cases).

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What is happening Elbow fans?

ELLLBOOOWW~
So I decided to try out some of those other archetypes in Duel Links and I gave Stromberg a shot.

God damn, if you don't read the card text, well then you messed up. BIG TIME. I've tried out three variants of it.

A Prinzessin focused deck. A Stall/Burn Deck and a Silent Swordsman/Warrior Deck.

I'd say the one I had the most success with was the Silent Swordsman variant. But I still need two more copies of Glife The Phantom Bird. Which is a great searcher for Stromberg and backrow killer.

I do wanna make a Madolche deck too since I do love playing Madolche, the most fun archetype out there.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Watch this man say the names of characters 100% correctly in a universal language:

Also, I added 8 songs to the B•GAL because :secretkpop: and the "This Ain'T Over" song may as well be Zeldoo's theme until she's finally 100% viable.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I'm kind of curious.

Out of all of the 20 characters in Under Night In-Birth, who would you all main?

I know Lil Puddin Lil Puddin would main Gordeau because of the muscle. :secretkpop:

SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 would main Yuzuriha because of her feet

Also, we got to see Seth's gameplay trailer for BBTAG. :yeahboi:
He's got his Orbs (236x) which of course, can lead to combo extensions if done right. I'll try and do his combo challenges, also apparently we'll be getting Heart's Gameplay next week?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Bit late on this, but an article came up about it. Sure enough, it even seems to incorporate the US backstory into the plot for this in this case, as there's emphasis on finding food to craft recipes.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_fresh_to_north_america_and_europe_this_july
Wonder how well this'd go with the intended Metroidvania-approach for the game - the food crafting and more sounds kinda interesting though if done well. (Also hadn't posted here for eons, hm.)

Somehow I'm not surprised that they picked Cotton as a guest character (well, okay, maybe a little bit surprised…), it practically feels like Nicalis randomly picks character guest names out of a hat at times. Not complaining, it's just a little odd (though so far it makes somewhat more sense compared to some previous cases).
Wasn't it Success's pushing to add Cotton in, since I heard they were helping to develop Fresh? And apparently another character's planned to be included later.

Also a bummer that the image I made seems broken, here's what I intended to post:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wonder how well this'd go with the intended Metroidvania-approach for the game - the food crafting and more sounds kinda interesting though if done well. (Also hadn't posted here for eons, hm.)

Wasn't it Success's pushing to add Cotton in, since I heard they were helping to develop Fresh? And apparently another character's planned to be included later.

Also a bummer that the image I made seems broken, here's what I intended to post:

Well, that would help to explain the guest inclusion in this case. There is indeed another character coming later, so we'll see who it is soon enough.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
hi girls

whats been up with everyone!!! anything exciting?

ive been considering going to my first smash tournament soon but im SWEATIN im really nervous LOL it's not that i lack confidence in like my abilities as a player im just nervous bc im unfamiliar with how tournaments work and the setup n stuff

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
hi girls

whats been up with everyone!!! anything exciting?

ive been considering going to my first smash tournament soon but im SWEATIN im really nervous LOL it's not that i lack confidence in like my abilities as a player im just nervous bc im unfamiliar with how tournaments work and the setup n stuff
Just figure out who is in charge and then ask how things go. If they are running it then they will be passionate about making sure everyone has a good time and making sure everyone is on the same page. Plus as soon as you mention you play Zelda they'll know you are royalty and you will be treated as such.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Out of all of the 20 characters in Under Night In-Birth, who would you all main?
Nanase because she has the best theme ever and Yuzuriha because apparently I hate myself since she has a high execution bar, but who cares when you can gain power and show your motivation? :p

For other fighting games, Dead or Alive 6 Core Value Fighters was released today. Tried it out and man, I forgot how awkward the keyboard controls can be which is even worse since for whatever reason, the developers didn't think being able to rebind keys was necessary. You can rebind buttons if you're using a controller or a fight stick, but not a keyboard for whatever dumb reason. Also, no key displays, so I had no and still don't really have an idea of what keys do what when it comes to navigating the menus. Game's fun and looks great in motion as always minus Leifang's idle "animation". The one weird thing I have with this game other than keyboard controls is the sweating mechanic which looks really, really weird when the camera zooms in during a victory screen and you see this noticeable and weird looking sweat just drip off someone's chin. Seriously, I had to do a double take when I saw it happen during Hitomi's victory screen while going through some of the tutorials. It was like, "Did that just happen?" Also, I guess I'm a Kasumi main now since Mila isn't one of the free characters. She wasn't in DoA5: LR's Core Fighters, but she was free DLC at one point which was when I tried out DoA5. Finding out that Lauren Landa voices Kasumi makes me hear Robin now.

I already have Tailtiu (who I will gladly feed to Sonya if Sonya is demoted),
Why would you kill depression lady? She needs all the happiness she can get.

As for Special Spiral, besides Ishtar, Lewyn, Lilina, Ophelia, Sonya, and Tailitu, so the (AoE) special spam mages, I can't think of many units who could use Special Spiral to as a great effect as they do. Ares through Dark Mystletainn and Keaton already come with Special Spiral, so that excludes them where for Ares, it means his B slot is free and he's the only cavalry unit with Special Spiral letting him run a bunch of different builds while Keaton uses Special Spiral well or he could go for Vantage and be like Meisterhardt. Everyone knows about Ares's infinite Bonfire, Vantage build, but he also has a Miracle, Mystic Boost build because screw dying when you're that angry. I mean, it worked for Asura: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a7p1z6/infinite_miracle_proc_ares_build_by_ねむねむた/.

People have talked about Special Spiral vanguard Ike and apparently the Black Knight/Zelgius. Both of them can keep their default weapons or swap for a Slaying Edge if you have a spare Distant Counter lying around. For Ike, it means his sustain becomes pretty crazy when he has Radiant Aether charged at all times while for the Black Knight/Zelgius, Black Luna will destroy a bunch of stuff. It's kind of like regular and LA Hector stacking Wrath with Berserk Armads to have charged Bonfires. The issues other than how do they meet the conditions for having charged specials is that you'd be giving Special Spiral to vanguard Ike whose base kit, well, Warding Breath works well enough when you could have given Special Spiral to someone else who could do even stupider things like the (AoE) special spam mages and the Black Knight/Zelgius gives up running a Fighter skill where Bold Fighter is stupid and he has good enough speed to run Special Fighter. Hector doesn't care for the most part since he just needs to get hit, drop down to <= 75% HP, and activate Bonfire to start a tear which on an armor team, it's likely that none of the other armors would want to run Quickened Pulse.

Special Spiral Laevatein is also a thing, but that might be overkill with how high her damage is and that she has a -blade blade. Special Spiral Merric with Blue Flame or Bonfire could be neat, but it's Merric, so there's that. It's still using a Killer weapon to have a lower cooldown, but his unique refined Excalibur works well with Blue Flame and if he doesn't want to run that depending on the situation, he can simply drop down to Bonfire which is part of Blue Flame's inheritance line since his defense is high enough to use it. It would only work with a team that has another mage or staff unit so that his unique refined Excalibur's 2 range Atk/Spd Bond 3 effect would work, but Blue Flame would like if Merric had 50 defense and activated Bonfire or if he had 32 defense and activated Ignis whenever he's next to someone. So, very position and team dependent and probably not something that would work well for an AI, defense team.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
In an off-comment while talking to a friend, I said that Therion was the Zelda main of Octopath. And the more I think about it, the more accurate it is.
-Main color is purple
-Sassy
-Looks good in every class' outfit.
-Talks a lot about how he prefers to work alone when in fact he's a fantastic support character (like how Zelda is more usable in doubles)

Therion is a Zelda main.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And my phone can't use WiFi anymore. Fantastic. Now I really need a new phone.

As for DoA6, kind of annoying that during the tutorials for throws and stuff that the AI is programmed to hit you. Yeah, I get that they want you to stay on your toes, but suddenly getting beat up as I'm waiting for throws to break out of them isn't something I'm expecting. Dealing with combo throws that have very fast transitions, so, very short windows to break them is also not something I was expecting for a tutorial on. Also, high, mid, and low visuals during training mode would be useful since I can't tell sometimes what moves are high or mid like Diego has this should tackle that looks like it could be a high, but it's a mid. The stupid thing is that I think DoA5 had high, mid, and low visuals, but DoA6 for whatever reason does not.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Baptiste is coming to live-OW in 2 days yeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

As for FEH stuff, 4.5% pity rate and still no 5* noooooooooooooo. idc who I get at this point I just want any 5*.

Also, Lewyn turned out to be +spd/-res. But I don't want to keep him because he's meh.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently Daisy and Peach have different knockback values for their Turnips. Here's a tweet about their knockback scaling: https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1107444368250732544. Daisy's just looks worse in general.

It might be safer to say that Ultimate Peach has different knockback values since Daisy has Smash 4 Peach's Turnip knockback values of 30 base and 35 growth while Peach's Turnips were changed to 25 base and 45 growth for Ultimate. That's a problem they're going to run into with echo fighters who are supposed to be similar or identical, but if they forget that, then stuff like this can happen. Another instance is that Chrom has more horizontal range on jab and Ftilt and maybe Fair because for the moves that Roy swings his sword in a (stupid) reverse grip, they were changed to swing normally for Chrom. With Roy having sourspots for his tippers, this makes his overall range even worse than Chrom's.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Nanase because she has the best theme ever and Yuzuriha because apparently I hate myself since she has a high execution bar, but who cares when you can gain power and show your motivation? :p

M O S H I
M O S H I

I'd main Yuzuriha. And Orie. And Eltnum. And definitely Hilda.

Hair-related reasons.
You're a mad man for wanting to play so many characters. I mean, have you seen the complexity of some of Challenge Modes you have to go through!?

I'd probably just use Eltnum. Because I do have a bit of experience with Melty Blood (Yes, Eltnum is Sion from Melty Blood. But she can't say who she is because of copyright.)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE what kind of banner is this???

Marisa is 10/10 tho omg. But I won't be pulling on the banner.

Also. We get a flying bow using Loki for the Tempest Trial lmao wtf. inb4 she has a bladebow too.

Apparently Daisy and Peach have different knockback values for their Turnips. Here's a tweet about their knockback scaling: https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1107444368250732544. Daisy's just looks worse in general.

It might be safer to say that Ultimate Peach has different knockback values since Daisy has Smash 4 Peach's Turnip knockback values of 30 base and 35 growth while Peach's Turnips were changed to 25 base and 45 growth for Ultimate. That's a problem they're going to run into with echo fighters who are supposed to be similar or identical, but if they forget that, then stuff like this can happen. Another instance is that Chrom has more horizontal range on jab and Ftilt and maybe Fair because for the moves that Roy swings his sword in a (stupid) reverse grip, they were changed to swing normally for Chrom. With Roy having sourspots for his tippers, this makes his overall range even worse than Chrom's.
Maybe it was done on purpose so Daisy could get more combo potential out of a wide array of turnips?

Although. Daisy is just a worse Peach, we already knew this. :^)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Marisa is 10/10 tho omg. But I won't be pulling on the banner.
But Barabro Bruno, though.

Also. We get a flying bow using Loki for the Tempest Trial lmao wtf. inb4 she has a bladebow too.
Unless they decide to give her a personal bow for whatever reason, I'm guessing spring Loki's bow will have the same effect as spring Marisa's Flashing Carrot lance: "At start of combat, if foe's HP = 100%, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 during combat." Ignoring abs bunny Bruno who is a healer and "I am a rabbit" Veronica who has a personal egg tome, Spring Palla's Pegasus Carrot+ might be the first inheritable dagger, so a colorless inheritable weapon, that can only used by blue, green, and red dagger units since it wouldn't make sense for a colorless dagger unit as they can't have WTA, so it'd just be like having an anti-armor dagger. In other words, spring Loki probably wouldn't have a weapon like that and if she did, she'd probably just end up with an anti-armor bow and that would be it.

Anyway, here's the rest of their artwork and sprites: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/b2e8u1/regal_rabbits_unit_art_sprites/. Spring Loki was drawn by summer Noire and Rhajat's artist, Kusakihara Toshiyuki. Some people have been feeling like spring Palla is giving off some yandere vibes. Fortunately, Abel and Est have WTA against Palla. I want spring Marisa since she looks so adorably fierce.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
But Barabro Bruno, though.

Unless they decide to give her a personal bow for whatever reason, I'm guessing spring Loki's bow will have the same effect as spring Marisa's Flashing Carrot lance: "At start of combat, if foe's HP = 100%, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 during combat." Ignoring abs bunny Bruno who is a healer and "I am a rabbit" Veronica who has a personal egg tome, Spring Palla's Pegasus Carrot+ might be the first inheritable dagger, so a colorless inheritable weapon, that can only used by blue, green, and red dagger units since it wouldn't make sense for a colorless dagger unit as they can't have WTA, so it'd just be like having an anti-armor dagger. In other words, spring Loki probably wouldn't have a weapon like that and if she did, she'd probably just end up with an anti-armor bow and that would be it.

Anyway, here's the rest of their artwork and sprites: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/b2e8u1/regal_rabbits_unit_art_sprites/. Spring Loki was drawn by summer Noire and Rhajat's artist, Kusakihara Toshiyuki. Some people have been feeling like spring Palla is giving off some yandere vibes. Fortunately, Abel and Est have WTA against Palla. I want spring Marisa since she looks so adorably fierce.
Bruno is stronkman, but yet another cavalry healer so idgaf. What's funny is they gave him the Ken-Doll treatment so they wouldn't have any bulgetastic things to cover up again lmao. I do appreciate how blunt and unaware Veronica is in terms of how to act during the festival/holidays. I'm pretty sure Loki is going to be the only one who's in holiday spirits out of the whole banner. Her bow being +2 to all stats vs 100% HP enemies is a pretty awesome thing and a great bow in general. It's a shame she's a grail only unit though.

My grails are stretched so thin. I wish we could just spend 20 orbs (then 25/30/35/etc) instead of JUST grails.

As for the dagger carrot, it is inheritable by all colors. If a colorless user has Cancel Affinity and goes against a Raventome user, they will have a 20% advantage vs them or 40% advantage if they use Triangle Adept ripperoni. But more importantly we know it's just another anti-Surtr tool that can be placed on any high attack dagger user with Axebreaker.

But even more importantly than the anti-Surtr thing... 2 female TTs in a row means the 3rd one has a higher chance of being a dude.

Summer/Bridal TT is next. :^)

I suppose our next story update next month will also come with 3+ more refines. We can only hope some primo husbandos will get the refines. I assume not every single character will get a refine, since that would defeat the purpose of having different garden-variety weapons to trade around for the most part.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Bruno is stronkman, but yet another cavalry healer so idgaf.
Stronkman ends up with an attack superbane.

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/b2stoj/regal_rabbits_lvl_1_and_40_stats/.

Spring Loki's 39 HP, 31 Atk, 34 Spd, 27 Def, and 25 Res gives her 156 BST and if she were summonable, then she would have no superboons and HP and defense superbanes. She's essentially a flying, gen 3 Clarisse and possessed Takumi. So, she technically doesn't powercreep them, mainly Clarisse, in stats since she's a flying archer, but she does powercreep them in stats. Compared to Clarisse, +2 HP, +2 Def, and +5 Res and compared to possessed Takumi, +2 HP, +2 Def, and +1 Res.

"I'm a rabbit" Veronica's 38 HP, 35 Atk, 36 Spd, 16 Def, and 25 Res gives her 150 BST and she has a resistance superboon and HP and defense superbanes. Compared to her brave, healer self, +2 HP, +3 Atk, -5 Def, and +6 Res.

Spring Marisa's 42 HP, 33 Atk, 38 Spd, 28 Def, and 21 Res gives her 162 BST and she has a speed superboon and a defense superbane. Compared to her regular self, -4 HP, +3 Atk, +2 Spd, and -2 Def. She's most comparable to summer Innes who has 42 HP, 33 Atk, 37 Spd, 30 Def, and 20 Res.

Spring Palla's 38 HP, 37 Atk, 34 Spd, 17 Def, and 29 Res gives her 155 BST and she has HP and attack superboons and a defense superbane. She's a red, gen 3 ninjabbit Kagero and hot springs Hinkoka. Compared to the ninjabbit: +2 HP, +2 Atk, -1 Def, and +2 Def, and compared to hot springs Hinoka: +2 Atk, -1 Spd, +1 Def, +3 Res.

Spring Bruno's 41 HP, 30 Atk, 24 Spd, 35 Def, and 14 Res gives him 144 BST and he has speed and resistance superboons and an attack superbane. That's rough. Not only does he not get gen 3 ranged cavalry stats which I'm getting the feeling with him that healers of any movement probably won't get gen 3 BST, but he can also drop down to 26 attack which hurts his ability to heal.

since that would defeat the purpose of having different garden-variety weapons to trade around for the most part.
Meanwhile, the developers giving random personal weapons to units. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom