• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Zelda Social - Still the queen of Smash...and maybe queen of low tier for a decade, too. Shall we make it two?

Are you happy with the Link Between Worlds redesign?

• Yes, she's gorgeous and expressive.

Votes: 265 65.9%
  • No, Breath of the Wild had such potential.

Votes: 56 13.9%
  • No, Twilight Princess death stare Zelda was the best design.

Votes: 45 11.2%
  • I'm happy with any design, just as long as she's viable,

Votes: 36 9.0%

• Total voters

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Has anybody seen footage of Zelda using Din's Fire without going into free fall?? I thought I saw it somewhere during the invitational/exhibitions, but I can't find the footage. Does she still have free fall on that one??

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Did you just casually ignore the Ice Climbers has hammer users? X) And yeah a semi-cone would be best.
Oh, I just forgot about them. :p

Now that you mention it, I think Hilda with her staff might make a better Echo fighter of Palutena
As MattX20 MattX20 noted, Hilda wasn't shown doing things Palutena did and can do. Palutena's Down Smash is something Hilda's probably not going to be able to do unless they fiddle with it and handwave it as something magical happens. There's also the issue of echo fighters sharing most of their animations, so Hilda gliding around might be weird.

Hilda being Zelda, but with Palutena's Ftilt, Dtilt, Up Smash, and Nair could work. Maybe her new Down Special too since I don't think Hilda has any connection to the Phantom Knights unlike (Toon) Zelda. Keeping Zelda's Down Smash works, but a staff slam that maybe could spike airborne opponents could be neat and dash attack and Side Smash might need to be something different since it would be a bit weird for her to try and do that with a staff in hand. At least with jab, Up Smash, and Uair, she'd only need her free hand to do whatever magical stuff she'd doing. Anyway, now I'm wondering if they'll pull a Roy on her and make her Lightning Kicks' sweetspot be the opposite of Zelda's. That, or they'll do something like Fair is basically Palutena's, but Bair is Zelda's or still has a sweet-spot, but it's weaker and not as punishing if you sour-spot or land with it.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I thought her design is more Link to the past ish, so I myself can’t see Hilde, I feel she needs that magic staff.

Actually, I think it’d be even more fitting if Zelda had a staff. Classic mage, ya know? Maybe bop em on the head as her pummel

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
First off. You’re wrong by saying it’s “never” been true. The first tier list had Zelda above Marth. So yes, at ONE time, it was true. It was what they community, myself included, agreed with. It was Marthas data that later moved him over Zelda. That’s it.

Also, there’s weird **** about Zelda, in Melee. Like this, from insaneclownguy, known as problem a Pichu second to Mew2King.

“Zelda has feet but no shoes or fingers so small wins

But peach, falco, fox, Marth, falcon, samus and others have no feet, so when they stand on a platform it helps make some things whiff or not shield stab actually like falcon sh knee on bf”

did you guys guys know That? I certainly didn’t lol. He knows everything about Melee, swears it’s broken because Jigglypuffs back throw to back air set ups. Lol

I guess since I’m a Zelda main, I refer to Melee when I discuss Zelda. Zelda out ranges Marth but STRUGGLES to do so because of her terrible run speed, air speed. In fact, that’s why Zelda was top tier before. It was Marth that knocked her from her spot in the first couple official tier lists. Because he can outspace her OVERALL with his additional speed, dash dancing, wavedashing.

Zelda's perfect wavedash in Melee is long af. I was at a going away party last night for lanceinthepants, an incredible falco and Rik, one of the best spacie mains in the Midwest. I actually won most of my matches, or got down to last stock by focusing on her strengths and nothing else: perfect wavelands for optimal spacing retreating spacing with Zelda, getting her perfect wavedashes, dash dancing for tech reads, etc. problem is she cannot APPROACH, so if anyone strays from an aggressive play style with her, they lose. so in the neutral? Yeah, Marth still out ranges her. It’s how we as Zelda players punish and outspace, and Zelda has more consistent range than Marth with bair. it literally puts a hit box out farther horizontally than Martha nair, which is his longest move. fair yes, but he can’t win against her fair with fair unless he outspace her, but It’s also Marths hurtbox being disconnected is the real “reason” she loses. but she is not Marth, so that’s why he “out spaces her”. Imagine if Zelda had his run speed and air speed, who would out range who then? Still Marth in the neutral.

Have Comos, a Melee Zelda player who quit the game because it was boring to him, play any good Marth, and I bet he will out space the Marth every time. Yes, skill level is a hard factor to judge I know. But Zelda’s fair and bair out range Marth, she doesn’t have good data to capitalize on it, let alone a consistent hit box to work with.

I truly get get the feeling I’m the disliked Zelda here and that’s fine. I play Melee Zelda so I just have a different mind set. Because frankly, cockiness aside, I’m the best Melee Zelda in Indiana and I have top players that will back that up. Not flashing my skill, i just want you guys to understand I’m not just spewing out nonsense. My opinions and ideas do come from a place of learning.
You're also from Indiana? Huh.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Has anybody seen footage of Zelda using Din's Fire without going into free fall?? I thought I saw it somewhere during the invitational/exhibitions, but I can't find the footage. Does she still have free fall on that one??
I'm pretty sure it was shown in the Zelda vs Inkling battle. There's also a Zelda vs Fox battle someone recorded that had her use it twice in the air.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I'm pretty sure it was shown in the Zelda vs Inkling battle. There's also a Zelda vs Fox battle someone recorded that had her use it twice in the air.
Thank God!! I'm gonna be way more comfortable using that move defensively, now.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Since we can attack with pretty much everything out of dash I think ftilt and jab are going to be pretty decent options for approaching now. Ftilt has decent reach and jab is disjointed assuming it works like it does in smash 4. Down tilt could be another nice option if it can still combos into grabs. We could have some safe shield pokes for once! Dashing Down smash even sounds kinda nice.

Ultimate character icons are up now btw!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

This footage is one of the best zeldas to demo her so far.

Edit: More footage!

That first match was really good, actually. Well, aside from the UpB fishing...
Elevators on Battlefield could be really good since we can mix up which side of the platform we land on now. And a DI'd or missed elevator looks to no longer mean instant death. That instant drift/fast fall is looking really nice

Could've used more Phantom tho. Specifically non full charge ones (it could've prevented him from getting knocked out of the move so much). I really like how it covered her unsafe roll in at 2:44. Just think of the possibilities with this thing...it essentially creates a massive "safe zone" for Zelda (to a certain extent, that is). However that Phantom whiff at the beginning of the video has me worried a bit. Hopefully it'll be fixed by release.

Also, it looks like we could totally punish someone for airdodging Din's with that dodge endlag. Especially if we detonate early to fake the opponent out.

and lastly why is no one using utilt or dtilt ever lol

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Even. more. footage.
The match is pretty hype, and the Zelda seems a bit better.

I’ve been combing through all the vids I can atm to scour her moves, and I’ll post what I’ve collected from them soon :secretkpop: For now I must sleep (But I’ll go while saying that Zelda’s primary one press jab is two hits, not one. Haven’t seen anyone say that yet)

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
That first match was really good, actually. Well, aside from the UpB fishing...
Elevators on Battlefield could be really good since we can mix up which side of the platform we land on now. And a DI'd or missed elevator looks to no longer mean instant death. That instant drift/fast fall is looking really nice

Could've used more Phantom tho. Specifically non full charge ones (it could've prevented him from getting knocked out of the move so much). I really like how it covered her unsafe roll in at 2:44. Just think of the possibilities with this thing...it essentially creates a massive "safe zone" for Zelda (to a certain extent, that is). However that Phantom whiff at the beginning of the video has me worried a bit. Hopefully it'll be fixed by release.

Also, it looks like we could totally punish someone for airdodging Din's with that dodge endlag. Especially if we detonate early to fake the opponent out.

and lastly why is no one using utilt or dtilt ever lol

What I’ve noticed is a ton of Zelda’s are using down B wrong. Its a single press move now. But they’re still holding down and B from Smash 4 and that’s why they’re not really taking advantage as much and just crouching lol

and now characters have specialized effects. getting shocked by electric makes you blue and flash, with like shock effects. Ganons dark magic is purple flashy shock, and Zelda’s holy light magic is light flashy shock!!!!

brb getting a good gif of ittttt

Last edited:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx

I finally completed the collection of all of Zelda's victory poses in Smash Ultimate!

She uses the freakin Phantom in her win animation. All the animations are new.

She also SNAPS when she is calling him...

I’m speechless.

Last edited:

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, now we have the option to use jab and tilts out of the running animation now. I wonder how safe those options will be on shield. Oooo, we can now turn around and immediately attack out of a dash too, maybe the back hit of Utilt could be safe on block. Zelda seems to be able to act out of it pretty quickly.
Eh, really? Does that mean we can now use every single ground attack out of a run? Just let go of the stick and then do the input for your attack?

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
The more footage I see the more it looks like the sweet-spots on the aerials are more generous, even the ones that play badly hit at least as many sweetspots as they do the sourspots.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Eh, really? Does that mean we can now use every single ground attack out of a run? Just let go of the stick and then do the input for your attack?
Yes, you're absolutely correct.

The more footage I see the more it looks like the sweet-spots on the aerials are more generous, even the ones that play badly hit at least as many sweetspots as they do the sourspots.
Yeah, from what I've gathered, she has easier sweetspots to land, ala what Brawl tried to do. So she's got her sourspot if she's way off, her easy sweetspots that at least make the move landable, and she has a new purple effect where her super sweetspot is.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I love all of Zelda's victory animations. I hope to be seeing them often.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
If there really is 3 different hitboxes on lightning kicks this time around they did a bad job making it evident.

The 2 sweetspots are both small, (as evidenced by the still frequent whiffing.) but the EX sweetspot must be tiny lmao. I know this will likely be a direct buff because the stronger one does even more damage than the original, but I can’t help but sense a nerf happened to the original now weaker sweetspot to make this happen. Maybe that’s why it almost looks like it KOs worse than before? It just seems so...inconsistent and luck-based to design it with a micro sweetspot in an already small sweetspot with just a slight damage difference. There’s literally not even a visual cue. Because of this new 1v1 damage scaling, I’m still not entirely convinced, tbh.

I felt like a lot of us were more on board for the spacing based larger sweetspot again? That way it feels longer ranges where it matters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After seeing gameplay footage for Zelda, I'm rather concerned that the Lightning Kick's BKB is still too low; at low damage percentages, landing the sweetspot didn't exactly put fighters in hitstun for too long.

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac

Phantom Knight has one more stage! Swings the sword downwards with only the head missing.

It look like there are 6 true Phantom Knight stages.
Stage 1 - kick
Stage 2 - punch
Stage 3 - sideways slash
Stage 4 - downwards slash
Stage 5 - upwards slash
Stage 6 - Delay while Zelda moves for a sec, then upwards slash

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I was wondering if they had really decided to scrap that attack stage. It had been in SSB4.

Goodness there are a lot of different stages

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Much clearer Zelda victory pose with the Phantom Knight (aka her new best friend).

Edit: clearer Zelda victory pose with the finger wag sass.

Clearer Victory pose with her hand wave.

Last edited:

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
some more gifs:
https://gfycat.com/AnchoredLinedConch
^her dtilt stops ganon's side b. This suggests to me that there might be a lot of attacks that can be stopped by low profiling, and since they gave her a really good dtilt, this could be very good for her.

https://gfycat.com/AdeptEmotionalBluebreastedkookaburra
^dins being used to force a bad decision offstage

After seeing gameplay footage for Zelda, I'm rather concerned that the Lightning Kick's BKB is still too low; at low damage percentages, landing the sweetspot didn't exactly put fighters in hitstun for too long.
I've been thinking the same thing. Her kicks don't really seem to kill earlier than a lot of KO moves now. I'm more concerned with the sweetspots looking so small though

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
If there really is 3 different hitboxes on lightning kicks this time around they did a bad job making it evident.

The 2 sweetspots are both small, (as evidenced by the still frequent whiffing.) but the EX sweetspot must be tiny lmao. I know this will likely be a direct buff because the stronger one does even more damage than the original, but I can’t help but sense a nerf happened to the original now weaker sweetspot to make this happen. Maybe that’s why it almost looks like it KOs worse than before? It just seems so...inconsistent and luck-based to design it with a micro sweetspot in an already small sweetspot with just a slight damage difference. There’s literally not even a visual cue. Because of this new 1v1 damage scaling, I’m still not entirely convinced, tbh.

I felt like a lot of us were more on board for the spacing based larger sweetspot again? That way it feels longer ranges where it matters.

Yes yes yes yes YAAAS hunty

Melee Zelda, while she has her strengths, (HA) she has frame 4 - 8 to land the sweet potatoes, but after that she's a sitting duck, and her bad air game makes her unable to pressure as effectively as per say, fox shine shield pressure. In thus the meta being that way, it truly feels will how slow she is, every kick you'll land is random. You really have to know her wonky tricks to win, and make sure they don't figure you out.

Now at least when we kick in this game, we will be able to see the sweespot in purple, and where we are trying to place it. If you think about it, fighters normally do that for harder to land moves. That, or it's an aspect just character knowledge.

With how short hop attack is a new accessible tool, Zelda's kick comes out frame 11, frame 4 jump plus 6 frame start up, so frame 10 or 11. So they added a longer, less damaging sweet spot. To me it's probably like her foot, all the way up to the shin bone. The tip of her toe, max distance away, is the super sweet potato. All this is of course conjecture on my part.

We have a visual clue in Smash five finally, which is straight outta PM. she now has a purple circle that lets you know where your sweet spot is. (I'm like 98 % sure) Like, intentially made it visible for us. I'll try to find good enough videos for gifs but we don't have much tonwoek will h.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Question: did we get some sort of confirmation that her FAir will not be frame 9 like it was in SSB4? Idk where this F6-7 is coming from.

Alias

Smash Apprentice
Much clearer Zelda victory pose with the Phantom Knight (aka her new best friend).

I love the first 2. The third seems like a redundant poorer version of the second.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Question: did we get some sort of confirmation that her FAir will not be frame 9 like it was in SSB4? Idk where this F6-7 is coming from.
That is how quickly the hitboxes for Zelda's b-air activated. What does bug me though, is that the f-air and b-air are simply the same attack, so there's hardly any reason for one variant to be stronger than the other.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sort of yeah... I think. It was from this video if I recall correctly with Nairo's Zelda vs. Cosmos's Inkling: https://youtu.be/7oXB6ELs7gc?t=55. Going frame-by-frame after she jumps, Zelda enters into Fair's startup, the frame where she turns around for a kick when she's airborne, and hits the Inkling girl on frame 6.

Gonna see if I can find an on-screen gameplay video of Zelda using Fair and Bair. Hopefully someone on the Nintendo livestream actually did those...

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

I finally completed the collection of all of Zelda's victory poses in Smash Ultimate!

The Phantom is by far the best pose imo. She looks both sassy and badass at the same time

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
All right, found a video with Zelda being played on-screen. It's part 7 of the Treehouse livestream with Leffen's Zelda vs. ZeRo's Ike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe4Nb9nGLJE.

Bair is still frame 6. It happens around 1:25 to 1:26 and the starting frame is when Zelda goes from her neutral/forward jump animation moving her right leg forward preparing for a kick. At frame 6, Ike eats her holy foot. She also lands and the landing lag looks like it's 19 since on the next frame, frame 20, she's up and starting to turn around.

There's a moment where Leffen spams Zelda's Fair for some reason after she was launched into the air at 1:58 to 2:00 and manages to hit Ike before his dash attack would have connected and probably killed her. The second time Leffen uses it, Zelda hits Ike on frame 6 and going frame by frame, it is the first active frame. The starting frame is when Zelda suddenly goes from her falling animation to turning to her left in preparation for her kick. Ike gets hit on frame 6 and Zelda lands on the platform below her and Ike. Fair's landing lag looks like it's around 19 to 20. Frame 21 is when Zelda moves to drop down from the platform.

Assuming the Leffen tried to use shield immediately when Zelda landed after Nair, Nair's landing lag seems to be 17. It happens early in the match at 1:23 to 1:24.

At 2:01 to 2:03, it looked like Zelda landed with Uair's landing lag. She starts moving again on frame 14. Frame 15 is definitely when she starts running.

I can't tell what frame Ftilt is or if that it was changed so it has longer active frames and is still frame 10. Happens around 2:38 to 2:39. It's a turnaround Ftilt from Zelda having just done Bair and plopping onto the ground. I'm going to consider the starting frame to be when she switches from her idle stance to leaning forward and down. The frame after that she reaches behind her ready to swipe at Ike. Ike gets hit on frame 12, but Ftilt's magical slash effect appears on frame 10 so it might be possible that it's frame 10 at close range and lasts at least until frame 12 when it looks like her arm is as forward as possible or almost at the end of her swing.

Utilt looks like it's frame 6. The starting frame is when Zelda reaches down like she's pulling something out of her pocket and after the frame that looks like she was about to enter her idle again after having used Utilt before. Ike gets hit on frame 6. The first time she used it, it hit Ike's shield on frame 11, so it at least lasts that long. From around 3:21 to 3:22.

Leffen never used Dair during the match, so I'd need a different match with Zelda.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been thinking the same thing. Her kicks don't really seem to kill earlier than a lot of KO moves now. I'm more concerned with the sweetspots looking so small though
Yeah, even my own adjustments to Smash Wii U Zelda's moveset would probably do better.

Code:
AttackAirB
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=3)
    Bit_Variable_Set(Variable=0x2100000D)
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=6)
    Special_Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0xB, Damage=20, Angle=0x169, KBG=0x48, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x3C, Size=2.5, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x1A, Trip=0, Hitlag=1.5, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x0, ShieldDamage=0x14, SFXLevel=0x3, SFXType=0x10, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xF, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x0, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x4, Unknown=0x1, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, StretchToggle=0x0)
    Special_Hitbox(ID=0x1, Part=0x0, Bone=0xB, Damage=5, Angle=0x169, KBG=0x3C, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x14, Size=5, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x1, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x6, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x0, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x4, Unknown=0x1, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, StretchToggle=0x0)
    Special_Hitbox(ID=0x2, Part=0x0, Bone=0x9, Damage=5, Angle=0x169, KBG=0x3C, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x14, Size=4.5, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x1, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x6, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x0, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x4, Unknown=0x1, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, StretchToggle=0x0)
    Special_Hitbox(ID=0x3, Part=0x0, Bone=0x3, Damage=5, Angle=0x169, KBG=0x3C, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x14, Size=4.5, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x1, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x6, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x0, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x4, Unknown=0x1, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, StretchToggle=0x0)
    Synchronous_Timer(Frames=2)
    Delete_Hitbox(ID=0x0)
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=11)
    Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=0.625)
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=19)
    Remove_All_Hitboxes()
    Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=0.75)
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=50)
    Bit_Variable_Clear(Variable=0x2100000D)
    Script_End()

AttackAirF
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=1)
    Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=0.625)
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=4)
    Bit_Variable_Set(Variable=0x2100000D)
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=9)
    Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=1)
    Special_Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x7, Damage=20, Angle=0x169, KBG=0x48, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x3C, Size=2.5, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x1A, Trip=0, Hitlag=1.5, SDI=0, Clang=0x0, Rebound=0x0, ShieldDamage=0x14, SFXLevel=0x3, SFXType=0x10, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xF, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x0, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x3, Unknown=0x1, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, StretchToggle=0x0)
    Special_Hitbox(ID=0x1, Part=0x0, Bone=0x7, Damage=5, Angle=0x169, KBG=0x3C, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x14, Size=5, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x1, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x6, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x0, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x3, Unknown=0x1, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, StretchToggle=0x0)
    Special_Hitbox(ID=0x2, Part=0x0, Bone=0x5, Damage=5, Angle=0x169, KBG=0x3C, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x14, Size=4.5, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x1, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x6, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x0, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x3, Unknown=0x1, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, StretchToggle=0x0)
    Special_Hitbox(ID=0x3, Part=0x0, Bone=0x3, Damage=5, Angle=0x169, KBG=0x3C, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x14, Size=4.5, X=0, Y=0, Z=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Rebound=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXLevel=0x0, SFXType=0x1, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0x6, Action=0x3F, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0xF, Unknown=0x0, Blockability=0x1, Reflectable=0x0, Absorbable=0x0, Rehit=0x0, IgnoreInvuln=0x0, Unknown=0x0, FacingRestrict=0x3, Unknown=0x1, TeamDamage=0x0, DisableHitlag=0x0, NoGFX=0x0, Flinchless=0x0, StretchToggle=0x0)
    Synchronous_Timer(Frames=2)
    Delete_Hitbox(ID=0x0)
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=19)
    Remove_All_Hitboxes()
    Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=0.75)
    Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=50)
    Bit_Variable_Clear(Variable=0x2100000D)
    Script_End()
If you don't understand the script data, the sweetspot for the f-air and b-air both deal 20% damage, have 60 BKB, and 72 KBG. The sweetspot can put even Bowser in a prolonged hitstun state, and the sweetspot can KO Mario on the center of an Omega form stage at 90% damage.

On an additional note, f-air and b-air also share the same auto-cancel windows.

Of course, I'm not too sure how these changes would work with Smash Ultimate's mechanics.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
https://gfycat.com/SociableUnsteadyDarklingbeetle
^ so a couple conclusions I think we can draw from this clip. Correct me if I'm wrong.
1) dins fire deals 7 damage, regardless of how long it's been out.
2) the explosion has a radial angle, as the hitbox was above link when it hit him, but it send him downwards into the ground.

What do you guys think?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
https://gfycat.com/SociableUnsteadyDarklingbeetle
^ so a couple conclusions I think we can draw from this clip. Correct me if I'm wrong.
1) dins fire deals 7 damage, regardless of how long it's been out.
2) the explosion has a radial angle, as the hitbox was above link when it hit him, but it send him downwards into the ground.

What do you guys think?
The damage still scales with distance like in the other games. 7% is the max sourspot damage, while 14% is the max sweet spot damage. It sourspotted in the gif which is why the damage and knockback are so low

Top Bottom