• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I tried to get Myrrh or Erikia, but stopped after three sessions because all I was getting were gray orbs.

Then I switched over to FGO and got 3 5*s, so clearly that's where my luck's been hiding this month.

True, I do like the idea of it; plus I do think some of the cards can be useful to an extent.
The biggest issue with this event seems to be that Joey seems hellbent on sabotaging you at every opportunity, which can be something of a friendship point sink. I'm hoping once the Master League opens up Kaiba will be more of a team player.

But I do like how we get EXP from this, that's not normally the case during these events.

Ghost of a Grudge looks like it could be pretty nifty against the right decks, and I'm wondering if Triamid Pulse could find a place in a Magnet Warrior deck.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, I got a unit I wanted.
4* Gordin: +Def, -HP.

4* Klein: +Spd, -Atk.

3* Lissa: +HP, -Spd.

3* Shanna: +Res, -HP.

4* Soleil: +HP, -Spd. Yay, I wanted a Soleil! She'd basically end up as +Atk, -Def Gray.

Also, +Atk, -Def 4* Hinata from the 4* and 5* skill banner.

Edit: Got rid of some units for the second and last summon. Guess I'm not getting anyone from the Sacred Memories banner. Lyon and Marisa, you two will be my saviors.
4* Boey: +Atk, -Res.

3* Fir: +Res, -Atk. Suddenly, Joshua learned Glacies in case I ever want it or prefer it over Iceberg.

4* Hawkeye: +Spd, -Def. Ew, -Def on Hawkeye is pretty bad.

3* Odin: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Oscar: +Def, -Atk.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I was fishing for Myrrh so I could also get Faes with red or blue as backups. I got 1 M!Robin and 2 A!Tikis and... Eirika, my least wanted of the 3. Got +atk/-def to boot lmao but y IS? She's more fun to use than I thought she would be. I appreciate her "normal" bst to cover her powercreep-ish kit at least.

Now back to waiting. I hope Marisa has 4* Infantry Pulse so I get 2 for free instead of 1. I'm super excited to see the new seals. I hope they're some good ones like Bonds or Counters. Maybe Warding/Steady Stances? I'll even settle for vanilla Triangle Adept.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I spent the chapter orbs and didn’t get much, but I did finally get a Lissa so I’m thinking of a build for her using Def Ploy
Or Panic Ploy, but I think Def Ploy or Atk Ploy would be better for her since her HP doesn’t get as high as I’d hope, and most people run in-combat buffs nowadays
Now I’m holding on before summoning more so I can hopefully get something from the legendary banner. I doubt I’ll get much though since I’ll likely end up with about 100 orbs

I started playing Sacred Stones again since I finally got around to finished Superstar Saga. Playing the game makes me want the new units more ahh

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
BAAAAN ZELDA!

THAT'S NOT FUNNY. IT'S NEVER BEEN FUNNY.

IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE FUNNY!

Talk about FE Heroes; Imma nap.

:nifty::nifty::nifty:

Got some builders in today; so they can finally put the new floor around the toilet.

Also, I saw Gunsblazing try out Red-Eyes Slash Dragon; it seems like it's probably the only card out of the box that is useful, the archetype inside the Mini Box seems useful; but it lacks a lot of stuff to make it viable (The one that is all about banishing monsters, I forgot their names. smh).

But aside from not opening that Mini BOX; I've been attempting to get a Floodgate after opening over 70 packs of Generation Next; while I've been failing at Floodgate, I did get King of the Swamp, Fusion Recycling Plant, Samurai Skull and Flame Tiger.

So if I do plan on making a Hazy Flame deck, I can use Flame Tiger as tribute material which is great. (I do have Caninetaur as well, so I'm just missing a Floodgate and maybe an extra Mirror Wall.)

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Preliminary results from the current CYL poll has Hector and Ephraim as Ranks #1 and #2 for males, and Celica and Camilla as Ranks #1 and #2 for females.

Considering Eirika (Rank #3) just got what might as well have been a CYL version of herself, she probably isn't going to displace the two people above her.

Of further interest is Marth, who is both Ranked #3 and #9 for the men. If they don't consolidate identical characters this CYL, then I'm going to assume they're probably going to do so for the third one.

Also, Nino is Ranked 8th for females, as she continues to do her best.

Now back to waiting. I hope Marisa has 4* Infantry Pulse so I get 2 for free instead of 1. I'm super excited to see the new seals. I hope they're some good ones like Bonds or Counters. Maybe Warding/Steady Stances? I'll even settle for vanilla Triangle Adept.
I'm just gonna throw out...another Shield seal and maybe, like, Dagger breaker or something.

Also, I saw Gunsblazing try out Red-Eyes Slash Dragon; it seems like it's probably the only card out of the box that is useful, the archetype inside the Mini Box seems useful; but it lacks a lot of stuff to make it viable
I mean, it's got some good stuff in the R range; Luster Dragon comes to mind. Wind/Dragon/1900ATK/1600DEF is great as a beater, and I've always liked Sacred Crane. Royal Command and Rainbow Veil can be good too if it's effect monsters that really bring you down (like in a Level Deck).

Now mobilizing the Secret Seal Pop Agents to eliminate the enemies of Zoldo:

Apparently those are actually a thing in Russia

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
wow dbfz is only 4gb
I'm guessing most of the stuff in story mode is rendered ingame.

edit: some basic impressions after 30 minutes of offline play
game is very pretty, nicely optimized.
training mode is godlike with a bunch of qol changes.

to play online you have to be able to get into one of the few 64 man lobbies.
4 lobbies per area(east coast, west coast, etc)
EVERY lobby is currently filled
wtf arcsys why would you do add less lobbies compared to guilty gear?
I'm guessing they saw how basically only 1 lobby was used at a time for north america and adjusted it around that lol.

Last edited:
finished persona 5. legit sad that it's over

9 outta 10

time to play on hard mode i guess

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I tried throwing together a new signature but the bbcode for making columns doesn't work here and and ends up making 2 rows instead so I give up, have this picture of the best character ever™ doing his best Reinhardt impression instead.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, I feel a bit better today. Missing an entire week of classes is a fantastic way to start the spring semester. The worst part is not being there to even get a first impression to see if I really want to take a class or not.

So, Monster Hunter: World was released today. Has anyone been playing that? Apparently it's running Capcom's MT Framework as its engine and that makes me feel hopeful that the PC version should be fine considering Capcom's previous MT Framework-based ports of Devil May Cry 4 and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen where with a decent PC, you could get +100 FPS on high settings. Probably not going to happen with MH: World without a powerful PC since it's a more recent game, but it might not be a terrible port. Unrelated to Capcom and Monster Hunter, but I'm still pissed that Fox Engine is pretty much doing **** all under Konami. At least license the damn thing to other developers.

As for FEH, someone probably mentioned it already, but I absolutely love Mark Whitten's performance as Lyon. Lyon's character in Heroes is also great if spoiler-y since it seems to be post-Sacred Stones Lyon similar to Sigurd being post-Genealogy of the Holy War. I like L'Arachel and Marisa's voices too. L'Arachel in particular, I love her "Haha!" regular attack line and she seems goofy at times. Shame I couldn't summon her -- please become 4* summonable. As for Marisa, she's adorkable like Catria, Felicia, and Setsuna. Her hair's supposed to be purple, but Fujiwara Akira's artwork makes it look pinkish and with her title being "Crimson Flash", it makes me think of Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII. Totally does not help that Julianne Alexander's pitch for Marisa is close to Ali Hillis's pitch for Lightning. Hmm... I might give her Blazing Thunder because of this.

Not much to say about mage knight Eirika since it's Eirika other than she pronounces Lyon as "lee-ohn" now instead of "lee-on" as regular Eirika. Now I'm expecting another version of Eirika to pronounce Lyon as "lion". Apparently Eirika, L'Arachel, and Gunnthra's sprites are smaller than other cavalry units. From what I read, I think this only happens when they're player controlled since she and L'Arachel seem normal-sized as AI enemies. And then there's Myrrh. She's basically kid Celica to me because of the voice Erica Lindbeck uses for Myrrh.

Edit: Oh my Naga! The February Weapon Refinery update is going to introduce new weapons! Oh, and Eckesachs and Falchion will be available for refinement where Falchion has separate options for Alm and Marth as the news said that Chrom, Lucina, and masked Lucina will share refinements.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
:nifty: Okay, so what do we- :nifty:
:nifty: BRING PICCOLO BACK! :nifty:
:nifty: Yeaah! :nifty:
:nifty: AND BRING HIM TO NAMEK! :nifty:
:nifty: NOOOO- *Poof* -OOOOOOO! :nifty:

Just put some stuff together for University, and hopefully I'm up to date.

Also, since DBFZ is now out. Who are you all going to main? :secretkpop:

I mean, it's got some good stuff in the R range; Luster Dragon comes to mind. Wind/Dragon/1900ATK/1600DEF is great as a beater, and I've always liked Sacred Crane. Royal Command and Rainbow Veil can be good too if it's effect monsters that really bring you down (like in a Level Deck).
Speaking of which, I ran a Hazy Flame deck since Restart got nerfed.

Duelist: Mai Valentine
Skill: Aroma Strategy

Monsters:
x1 Flame Tiger
x1 Caninetaur
x3 Hazy Flame Sphynx
x3 Hazy Flame Cereberus
x2 Hazy Flame Peryton

Spells:
x1 Anti-Magic Arrows
x1 Super Rush Headlong
x3 Enemy Controller

Traps:
x2 Hazy Glory
x2 Beast Rising
x1 Mirror Wall

At first, it went alright going 3-1; then I just bricked so god damn hard I went 3-4 and I lost a rank. (Went from Plat 2 to 1, it was really bad)

But then later on after taking a break, I had an incredible run, going 5-0. I probably need another searcher so I can at least get a monster out, since when this deck bricks, IT BRICKS SO DAMN HARD. (I didn't draw any monsters against one player who had Restart and was running WATER monsters as Bonz. smh)

Also, I managed to get myself a Salamandra and Unity from the event finally via the Lottery.

Btw, here's the Top 8 of EVO Japan for Smash 4:

Winners:
KEN :4sonic: vs. Abadango :4mewtwo:
MKLeo :4marth::4cloud: vs. Choco :4zss:

Losers:
Kameme :4megaman::4sheik::4cloud: vs. komorikiri :4cloud:
Nietono :4diddy::4sheik: vs. shky :4zss:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Caeda getting a prf sword is amazing

And maybe she’ll be on a banner now because of the new sword, which is really exciting. I wish I could have had more time to save up orbs tho

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
It’s cool to know that they can give anyone Legendary weapons whenever
Hopefully they’re all good, so Raven and Caeda aren’t as bad pity breakers anymore
Pls give Berkut his Kriemhild
And also give Corrin a buff
K thnx
Also all the Falchion users are finally buffed, and it’s interesting that each Falchion will be unique now. I have all 3, so I can’t wait

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
> Wing Sword
> Hinoka Spear
> Felicia's Plate

Oh please oh please oh please don't suck.

Felicia's Plate might be the Flame Shuriken I've been wanting since day 1, Wing Sword (now that Micalah's done it) might actually have her signature weapon's abilities, and I'm hoping Hinoka's Spear is basically a lance version of Amiti else I'm probably going to have to pass on it. That's prf weapons for two of my main units and one of my most prominent challenge map units.

Also, am I the only one looking at the announcement picture and seeing the stone cold murder about to go down? Caeda's about to slice Raven into two.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
The new weapons are honestly amazing news. Gotta love the attention for older units.
(Also, Zeph finally gets justice, and my falchions stop being useless.)

On other news, I played DB-FighterZ. Damn its fun, the story mode is a pretty good tutorial so far. I just wished that boss enemies were requiring a bit more brain.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Meanwhile, in the world of Metal Emblem Rising Heroes: Revelations, a new member of the Beauty and the Beast Unit has transcended. His name? Shining Oliver. :p

Also, I love Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san. It's sooo dumb and someone made a slurp compilation of episodes 1 to 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJXQtYUWf_Q.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Caeda getting a prf sword is amazing

And maybe she’ll be on a banner now because of the new sword, which is really exciting. I wish I could have had more time to save up orbs tho
I'm excited to see what her special weapon would do. I only have +atk/-res for Caeda so hopefully it'll be like a built in Swift Sparrow or something.

I have +spd/-def and +atk/-res Ravens so I'm ready for my angree boi to get an upgrade. I wonder if Hinoka/Raven will basically get Amitis.

Then Felicia's Plate... If it targets res idk if that'd be good unless it acts like a refined dragon breath thing. It'd be hilarious if it's a 14mt weapon with built in tome breakers. pls b hilarious plssss.

Lastly the Falchion Gorlz are nice. I hope their swords gets Renewal 4 and whatev stats we pick. But wtf about our precion lion boi's noodle sword? And precious dragon boi's broken chainsaw? Save sa precious bois already IS omg.
rip :4feroy:&:4corrin: i cri evri tiem

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm excited to see what her special weapon would do. I only have +atk/-res for Caeda so hopefully it'll be like a built in Swift Sparrow or something.
Apparently her Wing Spear’s original effect is the same as Thani’s (effective against armored and cavalry) and maybe it’ll get something like atk or res +3 too

I’m really excited to see what the weapon actually does, though. It feels good to have my waifu get buffed

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Apparently her Wing Spear’s original effect is the same as Thani’s (effective against armored and cavalry) and maybe it’ll get something like atk or res +3 too

I’m really excited to see what the weapon actually does, though. It feels good to have my waifu get buffed
Makes sense. Armorslayer -> Horse/Armor Heaux Slayer. So using that same logic, Fly Gorl and Angree Boi are getting Brave Weapons v2. Yay~

+atk is probably still the best nature for Angree Boi since 33 spd would be enough to x4 a bulky slow heaux.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , Hinoka's Spear or Hinoka's Naginata because it's a freaking naginata is weird. In Fates, it gives -1 Def/Res and +10 Avoid which kind of makes it the opposite of the Guard Naginata she starts with which gives +5 Def/Res and -10 Avoid. So, I'm not sure how they would translate that into Heroes. Making it into a legendary Brave Lance similar to Amiti would be fine, but they could have planned something else for it.

In Blazing Blade, Basilikos just has a high 22 Mt putting it +4 over Armads's Mt at the cost of having 75% hit compared to Armads's 85% and not giving +5 defense like Armads. Also, it's lighter than Armads at 13 Wt to Armads's 18 Wt. The weird thing is that Brendan, Lloyd and Linus's father and a Warrior unit, is the one who uses it in Blazing Blade, so Raven having and introducing it is a bit weird. Then again, the Raven in Heroes seems to be from after Blazing Blade's story, so he could have just taken it with him and considering when you encounter Brendan, he might not be its original wielder. As a weapon in Heroes, making it a legendary Brave Axe works with the whole pure offense thing considering Raven's stats and Brendan's status when he's using it, but there was a comment I think I saw on Serene's Forest saying that it would be neat if it was an axe version of Blazing Durandal or even regular Durandal to reflect its high Mt in Blazing Blade.

Speaking of poor boys who really want the ability to refine their weapons: Lloyd. The newly introduced Mage Knight Eirika and L'Arachel have tomes that not only have stronger effects than his Regal Blade, but also give stat increases by default and their weapons probably have no display errors unlike his.

Anyway, Felicia gaining Felicia's Plate I think makes her the first 1* recruitable unit and the second 3* summonable unit after Eliwood to have a legendary weapon.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Violet Evergarden is too pretty of an anime to stop watching. Episode 3 was pretty good in a self-contained plot kind of way. Kinda reminded me of a Cowboy Bebop or Michiko et Hatchin type of episode. Side character was both introduced, had a conflict, and was resolved in the same episode and the main character develops just a little bit.

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
0B59E9DF-16C1-46CC-B60C-46AB16607B10.jpeg

Tatiana gets no love and I really like her but I need Python.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This just keeps getting worse and worse!
First I get the stomach flu, food poisoning, or something that kept me out of class for the first week of the goddamned spring semester and now my phone suddenly died a couple hours ago. Freaking playing FEH a bit and the "Power off?" prompt shows up despite the fact that I did not touch the power button at all. Phone shuts down and proceeds to loop turning on and off. Turns out that the power button in the Nexus 5 can stick and fail where you can fix it by cleaning it, but that might not work. It didn't for me after spending 2-3 hours in the middle of the night taking apart my phone and worrying about its boot loop and what could go wrong as I'm taking the screws out and disassembling it.

Guess what miraculously worked as always for technology? Hitting the damn thing. Some people said it worked if you smack the power button and when that did, I started to back up everything on the stupid thing to my laptop as fast as possible and making sure that things that were stored on Google's servers I could access on any computer. And now I'm in the market for a new phone. As my first actual phone and one that I had for about four years, the Nexus 5 is great, but I'm not going to risk this stupid **** from happening again. Phones are useful and that's all I'm going to say since I've had an incident where a dysfunctional phone back around when I was in high school lead to a bunch of dumb and easily preventable mistakes. Did not help that the main issue was that the phone failed at its most basic purpose: calling. I can't even imagine what a serious or dangerous situation would be like if I had a phone suddenly die on me.
TL;DR: Great start of the ****ing year for me! I'm half expecting the universe to drop a meteorite on me at this point. Please don't.

Edit: Phone seems to be working, but yeah, I'm probably going to try and get a new phone.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sakurai: Oh, hi.
Marth, Lucina & Mewtwo: Sup?
Sakurai: Wanna see something cool?
Marth, Lucina & Mewtwo: Eh, why not?
*Patches and buffs*
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHH-

:nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

I've somehow gotten another 5-0 in Duel Links PVP Ranked with Hazy Flame. :yeahboi:

The only game that I got close to losing was against a Red Eyes Zombie deck with Beatdown where I ended up having 450 LP. Whereas my opponent had 3700; they lost due to bricking their next draw and I had completely swarmed the field with Sphynx and Cerbereus

So I've been having a damn good run so far in PVP Ranked with this deck; but I'm still worried about bricking, so I may try and add a searcher if possible.

Also, for some reason; I've been thinking of what if ArcSys made a Touhou fighting game? Since I've been thinking of stupid dialogue characters could have during their intros and outros. :secretkpop:

I know it'll never happen, but could you imagine?

Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirisame, Alice Margatroid, Yukari Yakumo, Ran Yakumo & Chen, Yuuka Kazami, Wriggle Nightbug, Cirno, Sakuya Izayoi, Hong Meiling, Patchouli Knowledge, Remilia Scarlet, Flandre Scarlet, Komachi Onozuka, Sanae Kochiya, Kanako Yasaka & Suwako Moriya, Youmu Konpaku, Yuyuko Saigyouji.

Intro:
Marisa - Flies in on her broom, gets off and has a big smirk on her face depending on the opponent.
Alice - Fixing a doll, turns to face opponent with a cold expression (Versus Marisa, she'd be blushing).
Yukari - Gap opens, steps out; opens her umbrella.
Ran & Chen - Chen jumps out of Ran's tails, gets petted by Ran before Ran talks to opponent.
Patchouli - At her desk, drinking some tea; eventually gets up, picking up her book.
Yuuka - Field of sunflowers; camera zooms to Yuuka who has a sadistic expression (May have a nicer expression against Wriggle).
Komachi - Boat hits dock; Komachi steps out of boat onto pier, walks off with her scythe shining, also yawning.

Outro:
Marisa - Hat covering her eyes except her mouth, lifts hat to show her smiling face.
Alice - Makes her dolls dance around slightly in celebration.
Yukari - Falls back into a gap, a fan covering her mouth.
Ran & Chen - Gap opens; Ran and Chen leave through gap.

(Marisa)
Vs. Reimu:
"Hey Reimu! So, what's brought you out of your shrine?"
Win:
"Guess I'm the better exterminator out there, yo!"

Vs. Yukari:
"What's with you and your fixation on Reimu...?"

Vs. Alice:
"Yo Alice!"
Win:
"By the way... mind if I borrow your kitchen? I wanna cook something up!"

Vs. Cirno:
"Ready to prove you're still the strongest, Cirno?"
Win:
"You'll never be able to defeat me... Because I'm the strongest out of us!"

Vs. Patchouli:
"Yo Patchy! Mind if I borrow some books again?"
Win:
"Don't worry Patchy, I'll return them soon. Well, eventually..."

Vs. Flandre:
"I'm ready to play Flandre!"
Win:
"Hope you had fun Flan!"

Vs. Kanako & Suwako:
"Having a 'Lovers Quarrel' again, yo?"

(Alice)
Vs. Reimu:
"What is it that you need, Reimu?"
Win:
"I would try and fix that laziness of yours..."

Vs. Marisa:
"*Sigh* Marisa..."
Win:
"A-Are you okay Marisa!? Did I overdo it!?"

Vs. Sakuya:
"Why hello, Chief Maid..."
Win:
"Perhaps my dolls can be of use to you?"

Vs. Yuuka:
"You always look so, menacing."

Vs. Patchouli:
"Stop hogging Marisa to yourself!"
Win:
"Maybe I should turn my home into a library as well..."

(Yukari)
Vs. Reimu:
"Greetings, Reimu."
Win:
"I was hoping you'd put up more of a fight, my little Shrine Maiden."

Vs. Ran & Chen:
"You two may not be helping me this time; but you're still my servants."
Win:
"You could use a bit more training Ran. I'll think of punishment for you later."

Vs. Yuuka:
"Let's see who is truly more powerful, shall we?"

Vs. Yuyuko:
"Yu~yu~ko~! How's my friend doing?"
Win:
"I'll be sure to visit again soon, Make sure you have Youmu prepare snacks too, Yuyuko."

(Ran & Chen)
Vs. Reimu:
"I'm here on my own agenda this time; Lady Yukari is quite busy at the moment."
Win:
"For a Youkai exterminator, you really need to improve."

Vs. Yukari:
"I hope not to disappoint you, Lady Yukari."
Win:
"Please don't hold back for me and Chen, Lady Yukari."

Vs. Sakuya/Meiling:
"Servant versus servant. I hope not to leave a bad impression in front of Chen."

Vs. Yuyuko:
"Mistress Yuyuko... Lady Yukari gives her warm greetings to you."
Win:
"Do come and visit again soon Mistress Yuyuko. Lady Yukari would be so happy."

Vs. Yuuka:
"Don't make such an intimidating face! You're scaring Chen!"

Dunno why I thought of this crap. :V

I'm still waiting on that announcement that ASW will do about BBTAG, since they mentioned it on Twitter; hopefully it will be something that'll make me hyped for the game again.

This just keeps getting worse and worse!
First I get the stomach flu, food poisoning, or something that kept me out of class for the first week of the goddamned spring semester and now my phone suddenly died a couple hours ago. Freaking playing FEH a bit and the "Power off?" prompt shows up despite the fact that I did not touch the power button at all. Phone shuts down and proceeds to loop turning on and off. Turns out that the power button in the Nexus 5 can stick and fail where you can fix it by cleaning it, but that might not work. It didn't for me after spending 2-3 hours in the middle of the night taking apart my phone and worrying about its boot loop and what could go wrong as I'm taking the screws out and disassembling it.

Guess what miraculously worked as always for technology? Hitting the damn thing. Some people said it worked if you smack the power button and when that did, I started to back up everything on the stupid thing to my laptop as fast as possible and making sure that things that were stored on Google's servers I could access on any computer. And now I'm in the market for a new phone. As a my first actual phone and one that I had for about four years, the Nexus 5 is great, but I'm not going to risk this stupid **** from happening again. Phones are useful and that's all I'm going to say since I've had an incident where a dysfunctional phone back around when I was in high school lead to a bunch of dumb and easily preventable mistakes. Did not help that the main issue was that the phone failed at its most basic purpose: calling. I can't even imagine what a serious or dangerous situation would be like if I had a phone suddenly die on me.
TL;DR: Great start of the ****ing year for me! I'm half expecting the universe to drop a meteorite on me at this point. Please don't.

Edit: Phone seems to be working, but yeah, I'm probably going to try and get a new phone.
Damn man, hope you get well soon and hopefully things will go better!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've set myself to watching four anime at a time, and that's just the anime I watch online. Right now, my anime are One Piece (will always be one), Kirby: Right Back at Ya, Dragon Maid, and Venus Project: Climax (just started yesterday).

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

This strategy is pretty good, if you haven't beaten Lyon Infernal yet

:150:
xcus me but is dat zelda herself playing feh?

2wise2handle
2smrt4me
bless zildar

Seriously tho, that was an amazing run through with all neutral base units. That gorl will be dubbed an honorary kween until the Lyon GHB is over.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Damn man, hope you get well soon and hopefully things will go better!
Thanks, EODM07. Well, I did feel better around Thursday since most of the symptoms were gone by then, but then life threw another curveball at me. Such is life.

xcus me but is dat zelda herself playing feh?

2wise2handle
2smrt4me
bless zildar

Seriously tho, that was an amazing run through with all neutral base units. That gorl will be dubbed an honorary kween until the Lyon GHB is over.
Meanwhile, Sheik playing FEH. :p

BH Lyn was a mistake. I can't wait for our next mistake(s) with the second round of CYL.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
*Slides in*

WHAT'S GOOOOOD FIRE EMBLEM MAIIIINS!?

My win streak came to an end yesterday when playing Hazy Flame. Managed to get an 11 Win Streak which is pretty good.

Overall, I went 15-4 and I reached Platinum 4 too. So all is good now, hopefully I can reach Legend before the end of the month. (Since ranks reset, KOG and Legend players go down to Platinum. Whereas everyone else just goes down a rank, Plat > Gold, Gold > Silver, Silver > Bronze).

I don't think they drop down to Rookie so it shouldn't be too bad.

Btw Buddhahobo Buddhahobo we got a bunch of information in regards to Duel Links.

We got some Event Duelists returning.

Bonz and Mokuba will appear at the Gate (So you may be able to unlock Bonz now); Dr. Crowler is returning so since I missed out on him, I'll be able to get him; meaning that I'll have every Duelist unlocked as of now.

We also got a new Legendary Duelist coming, the only quote we got is "Hey guys, wait for me!". At first, I thought it was Cyrus, but since it's a DM World character, I'm predicting it'll be Tristan. I mean, his voice does give him superstrength after all. :secretkpop:

Also, Espa Roba's returning as well. And we got a Chazz-a-thon coming, so we'll probably be seeing a lot of support for Armed Dragon, Ojamas or maybe even for XYZ; but we'll have to wait and see.

Btw, I also heard that the BBTAG video showing off Blake got unlisted. So something's afoot. (Maybe they realised what they did was wrong and for the worldwide release, they're making the characters available from the start?)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
TFW SmashBoards doesn't notify me of new posts. Though tbf, i haven't posted in a while.

Anyway, i started and finished Princess Principal over the weekend. Good show, the OP is amazing. It's a good thing i watched it after it aired though because those first five episodes are not in chronological order and i was confused.

Pop Team Epic's rating on MAL continues to decline further proving that MAL scores don't actually matter and the site just has **** taste.

I've been busy with Xenogears and
Thames (Xenogears)

Argentum (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Both places are cities that have a big salvaging business going on. Argentum is literally Thames 2.0.

Violet Evergarden is too pretty of an anime to stop watching. Episode 3 was pretty good in a self-contained plot kind of way. Kinda reminded me of a Cowboy Bebop or Michiko et Hatchin type of episode. Side character was both introduced, had a conflict, and was resolved in the same episode and the main character develops just a little bit.
I think episode 3 is a good sign that the plot will begin to progress now. Episode 3 is also the first time we saw the OP and.....it's pretty alright. Song is nice but the visuals are pretty basic for KyoAni standards.

It was nice to see Violet develop a little bit but i still don't get the criticism that she's "too emotionless". Yes there is, but there is a legitimate reason for it. If she were bursting with emotion and personality right now, i'd be a bit concerned.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Btw Buddhahobo Buddhahobo we got a bunch of information in regards to Duel Links.
And with that I think Bonz holds the record for shortest time as an event exclusive playable duelist to duel Gate unlockable.

I think I mentioned it before, but I sort of liked Crowler's event as a somewhat more polished version of Yami Mariks.

I wasn't expecting another DM Legendary duelist before...well, Espa Roba finally became playable. So that's weird. We've known since forever that Marik and Gramps are going to show up at some point, but Tristan's the only one that that quote can really be attributed to. There's also...normal Bakura, I guess?

And we got a Chazz-a-thon coming, so we'll probably be seeing a lot of support for Armed Dragon, Ojamas or maybe even for XYZ; but we'll have to wait and see.
I'd love some XYZ support, though hopefully it wouldn't require VW as they're Card Trader / UR locked. Even better if it's general light machine support.

The problem with Armed Dragon support is two fold, but can be summed up identically; Horus already exists in this game. Armed Dragon doesn't have archetype specific cards to put into the game, so you'd have to either put in whatever general level support cards haven't already been put in (Which Horus and Silent Magician will use better), or put in general dragon support (which Horus will use better). Honestly the best they could hope for is for Chazz to get one of those absurdly specific GX-World duelist skills all for them, or a general Level duelist skill in which case at least they'd be the ftp Level archetype option.

...Then just watch it be all ****ing Ojamas again.

Btw, I also heard that the BBTAG video showing off Blake got unlisted. So something's afoot. (Maybe they realised what they did was wrong and for the worldwide release, they're making the characters available from the start?)
Yeah, they dropped the ball big time with that. Though to be fair it wasn't quite all their fault; the initial backlash wouldn't have been nearly as huge or heated before they clarified the pricing scheme if it wasn't for EA's bull**** with Battlefront II.

They can't make all the characters available from the start; you don't leave half the roster out of the base game at launch to exploit DLC, you do it because you're releasing a game with half a roster still to make...is what I'd say in any other case where the main assets aren't being taken from previous games.

Top Bottom