• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I finally got a Hinoka after getting to a ~5.5 pity rate

But she’s +spd -res, so I kept her and sacrificed my old one to Elincia. My new and improved flier emblem team 2.0 is now ready to roll

Here’s to hoping for a new mage flier and/or a new armor gorl on the Halloween banner. The silhouette on the right in the teaser image looks like it’s holding a sarcophagus shield, so hopefully it’s a new armored unit

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Hi gorls. I'm not dead. not yet anyway

Just passing by for another hello. Been pretty busy with uni stuff, looking for jobs, moderating the FEH Discord and, lately, really cracking down on finishing my cosplays, since PAX Aus is this weekend and I'll be dressing up on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm also still in Nier hell and because of that I decided to give the first Drakengard game a try. Here's a good life hack: watch a playthrough of this game instead. The story is Evangelion levels of messed up which I really enjoy, but the gameplay is absolutely horrendous.

In FEH related news, I needed a 40% bonus for tempest and I ended up pulling this guy just in time for it to begin:

I'M SO HAPPY

I was satisfied that I got a bonus unit to begin, but he also happens to be +spd -res, so I'm really pleased with that. This guy came along after my pity rate was broken by Tharja, although to be fair, it wasn't very high to begin with.

Have I also mentioned how great Grant George sounds as him?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I did it gorls

I'm probably not SIing Arden any time soon tho cuz i ran out of good fodder for him and Follow up ring is only 200 SP meaning Draug is just as good at getting AA points as him

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Watched the first episode of Dragon Ball Super. I actually loved it. I seriously can't believe the turnaround in character that Mr.Satan got in Dragon Ball. You despise him in the Cell Saga, but near the end of the Buu saga onwards, he's one of the most likeable characters in the series. In the first episode of DBS, he receives an award for defeating Cell, worth 100'000'000 Zeni. Cell Saga Mr.Satan would have kept that to himself. DBS Mr.Satan gives it all to Goku, which is funny in a way since Goku did as much to defeat Cell as Mr.Satan. (Arguably more, since Mr.Satan was the one to throw Android 16's head to Gohan)

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Watched the first episode of Dragon Ball Super. I actually loved it. I seriously can't believe the turnaround in character that Mr.Satan got in Dragon Ball. You despise him in the Cell Saga, but near the end of the Buu saga onwards, he's one of the most likeable characters in the series. In the first episode of DBS, he receives an award for defeating Cell, worth 100'000'000 Zeni. Cell Saga Mr.Satan would have kept that to himself. DBS Mr.Satan gives it all to Goku, which is funny in a way since Goku did as much to defeat Cell as Mr.Satan. (Arguably more, since Mr.Satan was the one to throw Android 16's head to Gohan)
Early episodes are pretty good. I think episode 2 shows dadgeta on his good side, fufilling his promise to trunks.
Just beware of the filler arks named "watch the movie".~

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
riiight i forgot to say that my free pull was a 3 star shanna. :/

also Saber pity broke me in Performing Arts. :/ :/ :/ :/
You can't get mad at a semi-bara husbando who also has a Slayer Sword. :^(

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day
Today, we were shown off official artwork of Bana, President of the Argentum Trade Guild. Given that he's one of the people searching for the Aegis (as shown in the September Direct trailer), i think we may have our first Nopon villain, and i'm really interested to see how that plays out.

In FE Heroes news, we have

Yep. Halloween Banner is a thing after all. Spooky. Also, it comes right after the Preforming Arts Banner. Intelligent Systems, why? But hey, as long as it doesn't have any of my top-tier FE waifus, i think i'll be fine.
wtf tho

So I have to spend all my orbs to hopefully break my 3.75% pity rate or save my Tempest Trial orbs now. WUT DO

Gambling sux pls ban it.

I did it gorls

I'm probably not SIing Arden any time soon tho cuz i ran out of good fodder for him and Follow up ring is only 200 SP meaning Draug is just as good at getting AA points as him
Wrys and Arden are probably related too, so you can have a family of husbandos... But that means you can only marry one, tho, or else it'll get creepy or something. :^(

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i want an elise banner so badly

i even pulled a genny from hero fest 2 specifically to give wrathful staff to her

i am excited for the halloween banner, but i'm kinda hoping that i'm not interested in some/most of the units so i can save up some orbs

like i said earlier, a new mage flier or a new armored unit would be must-pulls for me. other than that, a limited unit would have to be either one of my husbandos or extremely op for me to pull for them (or be a dancer or something, but i doubt they do that right after the pa banner)

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
When the Super Mario Odyssey review scores roll in and you don't have a Switch HHNGGG. :crying: Living costs too much...
Anywayssss how are all of the lovely gorls doing? Still talking about Fire Emblem 24/7 I see. I suppose there's a reason I don't come back too often. :secretkpop:

I kid, but really though, how's everyone been? I've been well, aside from being broke and stressing over classes, but that's normal. Patiently waiting for BlazBlue Cross Tag next year and Under Night's localization. I might as well attempt to learn Japanese at this point.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So I have to spend all my orbs to hopefully break my 3.75% pity rate or save my Tempest Trial orbs now. WUT DO

Gambling sux pls ban it.
Intelligent Systems wants your money.

I'm really hoping none of my waifus are in this Banner. I don't want to spend money.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
why even be mad tho

saber is prime fodder

only unit with shield pulse and slaying edge+

the fact that you already have one with good ivs means you can fodder this one off

he's also hot, which is a plus

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I don't want fodder, I want to embrace the dark which i call a home :mad088:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You think i wanted to summon red? there were no greens and i picked red to avoid any focus summons, but noooooooooooooooo, freaking Saber and his massive man cleavage shows up to ruin me.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
why would you want to avoid focus summons

if you're going to get a pity breaker, why not get one of the focus units? both shigure and olivia have good skills for si, even if you don't want the units themselves

this whole thing sounds more like a problem with you

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
+Def, -Res Minerva having the same defense and resistance as Michalis is pretty hilarious. Just 3 less attack and 3 less HP for 7 more speed. And then there's +Def, -Res Marth having similar stats as Minerva and Saber who has the exact same stats as Minerva.

I'm also still in Nier hell and because of that I decided to give the first Drakengard game a try. Here's a good life hack: watch a playthrough of this game instead. The story is Evangelion levels of messed up which I really enjoy, but the gameplay is absolutely horrendous.
Yeah, Drakengard and Nier (the first one) from the looks of it don't have that great of a combat system. They're not that bad; they're functional. Drakengard 2 when I rented it years ago was okay, but it wasn't fun compared to the hyper-action of DMC and KH or the more slower Dark Cloud 2. Nier 1 looked the same from footage I've seen, but with Weiss letting you shoot stuff. Part of me feels like this makes sense considering the first games were developed when action RPG and hack 'n' slash games were taking root and that Cavia and Access Games probably didn't have large budgets as while the series was said to have been popular in Japan and niche overseas, I doubt Square Enix wanted to focus on them as much as Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, etc., until for whatever reason, Nier: Automata.

Nier: Automata's gameplay is all Platinum Games. The gameplay I've seen makes me think Metal Gear Rising, but with Nier 1's free-shooting mechanic and that melds really well considering that MGR's soft lock-on allowed Raiden to move around flexibly which you can do in Automata. Drakengard 3 and I think Nier 1 had soft lock-on systems, so Platinum Games just refined the combat aspect of it.

In terms of gameplay, had they been developed now, with or without the assistance of other studios, or if, like almost every game nowadays, they were remade, Drakengard 1 and 2 and Nier 1 would benefit by having Bloodborne and Nioh or Demon's/Dark Souls combat systems. Even though Caim, Nowe, and Nier are empowered people or even superhuman, they don't strike me as being like Zero or 2B who can do all these crazy things like fighting at very high speeds. I don't know, I figure a slower, but refined and brutal combat system would be fitting for those games where the protagonists are closer to Guts of being very powerful for a human while 2B and Zero are more superhuman, so a faster combat system would make sense for them.

Anyway, I've always been fascinated by the games after learning about them a while back, but the gameplay didn't work for me. Drakengard 2 being a rental didn't help since I don't think I could have blasted through it. It's a shame since I love how messed up and twisted the stories and settings of these games are -- music is amazing as well. They're like Berserk if it was a game series. Bloodborne and Demon's/Dark Souls are more subtle where you have to dig through stuff, same thing with the Elder Scrolls games from what I know about the games, and Dragon's Dogma drew from the aesthetics of medieval fantasy while having messed up things that would be more similar to making it like pre-Eclipse Berserk. I say this since in the PS3/Xbox 360 versions, you can get Griffith and Guts's armor and weapons and Mercedes is literally Casca in appearance. With Drakengard and Nier, they straight up tell you this is how the world is, it sucks, have fun. And it just gets worse to the point where you're addicted to how horrific everything is.

I hope Drakengard 4 becomes a thing and I definitely hope Nier continues on. More messed up games are always welcome. Speaking of Nier, 2B plushie: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/26/nier-automata-getting-cute-chibi-2b-plush-january-japan/! :p

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
why would you want to avoid focus summons

if you're going to get a pity breaker, why not get one of the focus units? both shigure and olivia have good skills for si, even if you don't want the units themselves

this whole thing sounds more like a problem with you
I already have olivia and shigure (and 3 inigos) I'm missing Azura. I want a complete set of dancers, this is why im obsessed rn

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day (this one's a good one)

This is Nyutsu. She looks cool but also, what is she supposed to be? She's got four arms, two of which are huge, and has a giant flame sword. I'm really liking all these Blade designs. They all look so cool and unique and it makes me want to King Crimson my way to December 1st so i can get the game.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
We have our Halloween Banner. We have Sakura, Jakob, Henry and Nowi. I'm gonna be trying to pull for Nowi.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning all. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Going to be trying to gather some research on WiFi for University. I have between three listed that the Uni has provided, hopefully the research I gather will be useful. (I have to choice between WiGig, HaLow or White-Fi to choose for my research.)

Also, making some more progress in MonHun Stories. :yeahboi:
About to get an Emerald Congalala and FINALLY got some Recognition Letters to upgrade some of my earlier equipment.

Btw, why is that Man With A Mission always makes some amazing music!?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Armored Mage Henry

Little Witch Academia Flying Red Mage Nowi

Anti-Magic Weapon Dagger Neko Sakura

Armored Archer Jakob

Wow.

Woooooow.

EDIT: KITTY PADDLE IS INHERITABLE WHAT

I think I'm finally going to sacrifice a limited unit if I get her, Felicia wants her new toy.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I’m not sure how much an armored mage will actually change up armor emblem

Hone and fortify actually have a use now that we can have a blade tome armor gorl

Will people stop running quad wards now? Idk

Nowi’s art is weird and I’m not a big fan

Brave bow+ archer with wary fighter will be fun

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Little Witch Academia Flying Red Mage Nowi
I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT OF THIS WHEN I SAW WITCH NOWI, GOOD!

*ehem* Anything that reminds me of Little Witch Academia can only be good. That's the main reason i'm pulling Nowi actually.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
THIS IS EVEN 2SPOOKY4HALLOWEEN PLS SEND HELP

And on to related FEH news... Of course they add an armored mage and an armored bow user for the limited banner, but Arvis is still a squishy normal sage or whatever. That's fine. Tooooootally fine. stop****ingupfehiwillspendmoneyifyoustop****ingupseriouslywhatareyoudoing

On the plus side it seems like grey will be a good color to pull for unless you want a red flying mage or an armored mage. To be honest, an armored mage won't really change up much, unless maybe used alone. An armor emblem team would have to give up Wards or start using Fortify/Hone. Except Wards are the superior mode of defense and that's really all armored units have to rely on when it comes to not dying in 1 or 2 turns. So Henry works for offensive armor emblem, but armor emblem works best when it's defensive because lololol1movement.

On the plus side, pulling grey means you will get either Sakura, with a slightly game changing dagger that Felicia would appreciate. Or an armored bow user who would fit in perfectly for armored emblem. I assume Jakob's bst will be around melee infantry bst since he'll get the ranged penalty. Still that means he has the chance of having very good stats. I hope they cut out his SPD as much as possible to make room for the good stuff.

I suppose I will save my orbs now. Even though my pity rate is at 4% I only have 2 orbs atm and probably about 16 from Tempest Trials if I finish them in 2 days. But that's 4/25 chance of getting a Focus or 5* unit and those odds aren't that great. At least with the Halloween Banner I can get 30 days to get 1 or more of them.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The big thing I’ve been seeing for Henry is to give him Gronnowl+ and keep the ward stacking

I actually have a 5* Boey that I could sacrifice to Henry, along with a spare Takumi from Hero Fest 1

I also have a classic vantage Takumi that I never use, so maybe I’ll sacrifice him to armored!Joker

I don’t care too much about Sakura, but I’d like to get one to give her weapon to Felicia

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*After seeing and watching more uploaded videos of FE Warriors Anna support conversations* I need more Anna! Also, Lyn's support conversations are awesome too. I can't wait for Owain to be playable and having him be the menu voice would be so awesome.

On another note, I hope Cherche and Severa/Selena make it as DLC later on. Cherche and Minerva need a support conversation and Celica would be interesting since Cherche lives in future Valentia. Other than them or anyone from Awakening, I can't think of anyone else she should have a conversation with because of how cool it could be. Maybe Takumi because he's an archer with a peculiar personality like Virion. Severa/Selena is in a unfortunate spot of she's a default sword infantry, but they could make her a bow knight or sword flyer or even flying archer. Anyway, main reason why I want her in the game is because it would be funny to hear her snark about everything.

As for the new banner trailer, great, I want a flying mage, but it's like summer Elise all over again and she's a red mage, the units I cannot for the life of me summon decent ones and ones that aren't Raigh or Sophia. I think I'm going to pass and try to go for Henry and maybe Jakob and Sakura.

I’m not sure how much an armored mage will actually change up armor emblem

Hone and fortify actually have a use now that we can have a blade tome armor gorl

Will people stop running quad wards now? Idk

Nowi’s art is weird and I’m not a big fan

Brave bow+ archer with wary fighter will be fun
Well, it would give knights the option to have someone who can deal magical damage and who can fight at range which would be helpful for those who haven't been able to summon multiple Hectors to give the other knights Distant Counter. Knights have been the only units without a ranged unit of any kind as cavalry is, well, cavalry -- they have everything -- and flyers at least had seasonal flying mages and are still guaranteed at least two flying ranged units through Aversa and Reina when they're eventually introduced. Knights don't really have much other than the Holy War and Thracia 776 generals Hannibal and Xavier of whom only Xavier comes with a bow, part 2 of Holy War's Arvis, and the Shadow Dragon remake generals like Lorenz, but if they go with the original game. In other words, there isn't anyone from more recent and/or well-known games. Granted, a ranged knight could build up hype just by being one, but some people might look at them and not care for one reason or another which would include popularity and familiarity. That can change, though, like with what happened to Reinhardt.

As for Hone and Fortify Armor, I don't think -blade tome mage knights would be all that great. The issue with knights is because of their 1 movement, they're generally enemy phase units. They're going to get attacked and they're going to be kited to death if they don't have Distant Counter. Sacrificing the increased defenses from using Ward Armor doesn't seem safe just so one of the knights could deal a crapton of damage. There's also the issue of positioning where you would want the -blade mage to always receive either Hone or Fortify, but that could cost the knights nearby a defensive buff. I don't know, maybe it could work with 3 Wards and 1 Fortify or 2 Wards and 1 Hone and Fortify, but I'd rather go the extreme defensive route.

In that case, ToD Henry would want his old tome back. It's green, but it does the same thing and there are ravens which are like crows. Considering knights are generally bulky and regular Henry is bulky to begin with, ToD Henry might want Close Counter more than T-Adept like his regular self would want. Covering two colors for his team would be good and they're coincidentally, the two colors that Reinhardt and BH Lyn belong too. Gronnowl works too if you can position him, but I'm leaning towards Gronnraven ToD Henry.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
On the plus side, pulling grey means you will get either Sakura, with a slightly game changing dagger that Felicia would appreciate. Or an armored bow user who would fit in perfectly for armored emblem.
No, pulling grey means you'll get 3 and 4 stars that have nothing useful for SI so you just send them home for feathers until you get pity broken by a 5 star Lachesis.
Although, non-spoopy Sakura and Jakob are 5 stars also, so you know there's going to be someone wanting one of them that ends up getting the 5 star standard version of that character.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
The halloween banner seems ok, but I'm not nearly as crazy over it as I was for Performing Arts. I'm just going to try for my Awakening gorls and then bail. Nowi being the first red mage flyer (Aversa when) is coo, but her tome having Reverse Guidance looks really useful. Henry is nice too, his weapon having Panic Smoke and getting chance at Armor March.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
As much as i like red armors (and yew gorls already know I like Red Armors), i think im gonna invest my remaining orbs into trying to get Axezura free gronnblade set up on a dancer is worth trying imo.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
No, pulling grey means you'll get 3 and 4 stars that have nothing useful for SI so you just send them home for feathers until you get pity broken by a 5 star Lachesis.
Although, non-spoopy Sakura and Jakob are 5 stars also, so you know there's going to be someone wanting one of them that ends up getting the 5 star standard version of that character.
how dare you say such spooky things pls go sit in the corner and think about what you have done ok bye
The halloween banner seems ok, but I'm not nearly as crazy over it as I was for Performing Arts. I'm just going to try for my Awakening gorls and then bail. Nowi being the first red mage flyer (Aversa when) is coo, but her tome having Reverse Guidance looks really useful. Henry is nice too, his weapon having Panic Smoke and getting chance at Armor March.
I love Jakob because he's a tsundere guy who's also like "lmao ur all tr4sh m8s" which is great. And he's voiced by Ben who voices edgy tsundere ninja husbando with the thicc chest muscles.

I want that dagger too.

So grey all the way m8s.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I know Jakob has Wary Fighter, but he doesn’t look like an armored unit at all. Either he’s just got really heavy clothes / bow, Wary Fighter is being updated to be restriction free, or Jakob is unique in getting Wary Fighter even though it’s armor only
But I’m pretty eh about the units overall. Sakura is cute and has cool skills, Jakob looks cool and has the same artist as Robin and Seth, Henry is just a fun character, and Nowi is...Nowi. At least her art looks cute. I won’t go for anyone in particular, but I will summon on this banner. I want Henry the most cause Badges <3

Anyways, I unlocked Celica in Warriors. Christ was the final map hard. 10 minutes over S rank :( but I got an A, and Celica was worth it
Next is Lyn’s map, which will probably be just as hard when I get to the final map. I don’t care as much about Lyn though, and I have Odyssey to play, so I’ll take my time on it

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
It took 5 and a half hours partly because I thought rewriting it in python 3 was a good idea, but if anyone cares I'm like 95% done with the like scraping script. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I know Jakob has Wary Fighter, but he doesn’t look like an armored unit at all. Either he’s just got really heavy clothes / bow, Wary Fighter is being updated to be restriction free, or Jakob is unique in getting Wary Fighter even though it’s armor only
But I’m pretty eh about the units overall. Sakura is cute and has cool skills, Jakob looks cool and has the same artist as Robin and Seth, Henry is just a fun character, and Nowi is...Nowi. At least her art looks cute. I won’t go for anyone in particular, but I will summon on this banner. I want Henry the most cause Badges <3
Jakob has shackles on his arms and legs and his left leg has a ball and chain attached to it. Also, he looks kind of like a Frankenstein or patched up zombie, so there's that too. Still, when I first saw him in the trailer, I thought he'd be a regular archer until I saw the words "Wary".

Henry doesn't look like a knight either since carrying a coffin doesn't really mean anything. It could have been a prop like Ogma's sword on his back or even a weird weapon like summer Xander's floatie. That said, his silhouette before anyone knew who it was, did seem like it was a knight using a coffin as a shield and there aren't any non-knight units who have large shields like the knights. Anyway, Henry's design is pretty amusing to me. It looks like his regular outfit, but with puffed up the sleeves, different pair of pants and shoes, and a more vampire-y cape. Also, apparently Sakura's cat ears move like how spring Chrom and Lucina's bunny ears move sometimes. Did not catch that when I first saw the trailer or the fact that Sakura has two tails.

The funny thing is if they go with Jakob being incredibly slow because of his shackles and ball and chain in contrast with giving him balanced stats like his regular self, Jakob could end up being incredibly bulky since Wary Fighter would cover his low speed for the most part. Regular Jakob's 39 HP, 29 Atk, 31 Spd, 25 Res, and 24 Def needs about 10 more points for a ranged armor's BST assuming ranged armors will have 157 to 159 BST. Dropping him to 25 or lower speed would give him even more stat points to play with. He's probably going to have high defense considering he did 24 more damage with Ignis in the trailer meaning he'd have 30 defense in combat and either 26 or 28 base defense because nobody knows if he had Bracing Blow 1 or 2 equipped. A stat spread like 43 HP, 33 Atk, 25 Spd, 34 Def, and 24 Res would make him Gordin if Gordin had access to Wary Fighter. Dumping his speed even more to around 19 could give him even more attack, defense, HP, or more likely resistance since regular Jakob has balanced defenses. Still, there's always hope for an archer with 36-37 base attack. :p

Wary Fighter will probably never become available for everyone. The developers haven't changed skills, weapons, or characters, so it would be surprising if they did. Another thing is that Wary Fighter becoming available for everyone means that Reinhardt would become stronger since he'd have his weakness of being doubled made null unless some is running B Tomebreaker. Reinhardt is pretty bulky all things considered, so preventing himself from being doubled would let him leverage his bulk even more despite not really needing it. Ditto for the other slower, but hard-hitting units. And then there's the fact you could turn Xander into a 3 movement knight since aside from his low resistance, his stat spread is pretty much a knight's.

Speaking of Xander, this fan art is the cutest thing ever.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon gorls. How-

I GOT MARIO ODYSSEY! :yeahboi:

It feels so good to play it! It even feels fun and the stuff I saw in the first two worlds have me hooked. Looking forward to playing more of it. Also, I'll be proceeding on with my University assignment tomorrow, but first. More Mario.

So that mean I'll have to wait for Sonic Forces and Xenoblade 2. Oh, and Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
It took 5 and a half hours partly because I thought rewriting it in python 3 was a good idea, but if anyone cares I'm like 95% done with the like scraping script. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.
You are doing the LorT's work, gorl. Or is it LordT's work?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Mario odyssey is super good

I already have over 100 power moon oopsT

I won’t be surprised to see this on GotY lists

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I was watching gameplay of it last night

Not planning on buying a Switch over it, but it does look really good. Bodysnatching enemies with the hat is a cool concept that they went in cool directions with.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
You are doing the LorT's work, gorl. Or is it LordT's work?
I kinda feel spoken to.

Mario odyssey is super good

I already have over 100 power moon oopsT

I won’t be surprised to see this on GotY lists
I personally do not like the controls as of much. I saw myself with far too many miss-jumps. But thats likely due to me having played sunshine a week before.

Still, the overall game is splendid.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I kinda feel spoken to.

I personally do not like the controls as of much. I saw myself with far too many miss-jumps. But thats likely due to me having played sunshine a week before.

Still, the overall game is splendid.
Yeah, it’s really frustrating that both A and B make you jump, especially when you have to press A to talk to someone, but it keeps making you jump instead

I also don’t like that there’s no run/dash button, but that’s not that big of a deal

The game is absolutely stunning and I love the customization of Mario’s outfits. I still desperately want that wedding dress outfit

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I actually managed to snatch the game a bit ago, agree completely about the fact that there's no run button; it's really tripping me up. Also not really a fan of how many regular actions are done through motion controls, it makes it really hard to utilize them w/o breaking flow.

The game is really good but another thing I'm not digging that much is the fact that the main story objectives are completely linear and a lot of stuff is locked in an area until you beat it, plus there's a world map which is kinda...weird. It seems more like Galaxy and less like they advertised, with 64/Sunshine.

did you guys go lake or wood kingdom?

Top Bottom