• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
What program did you use to make that? I'm trying to use an online photoshop thing, but my images get all pixely once I confirm my changes.
Did you ever give paint.net a try? It's fairly easy to use and great for a free program. There's even a bunch of user-created tools you can plugin for easier effects. Like Object Outline for EZ-meme-font or whatever. Or center picture/image for the perfectly centered object if you're super OCD with centering like me.

Though I'm sure most programs have plugins or features like that by now considering it's 2017. lol

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Did you ever give paint.net a try? It's fairly easy to use and great for a free program. There's even a bunch of user-created tools you can plugin for easier effects. Like Object Outline for EZ-meme-font or whatever. Or center picture/image for the perfectly centered object if you're super OCD with centering like me.

Though I'm sure most programs have plugins or features like that by now considering it's 2017. lol
Can vouch for it. I made anything in Paint.net, including my current profile picture, and this:

If I can do this in 5 minutes, so can you! ... in maybe a bit more time.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I don't want to turn on my desktop, so I'm using a mac laptop with touchpad atm. Paint.net looks pretty cool, but it's also Windows only.

I'll look into GIMP tomorrow, so hopefully it doesn't go into my "When I have time that I wouldn't rather spend sleeping / playing FEH / playing FEW" like finishing my like-checking-bot. I found my old scrolling code for weeks ago it feels like, I just haven't sat down and done anything with it.

IIRC, I used GIMP before in a computational class to make graphs, though that was all done through terminal. Having an actual GUI would be nice.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I am honestly braindead after today. I unlocked all characters, sol-katti and lucina's falchion in their awakened form... But I still by the love of god, cannot grind supports easily. I still gotta give two characters astra, and I cannot see a single "spamm Y till the time ran out" map anymore.

Please tell me there is an easier way, and I just did the most annoying one out of them. Please.

Edit: I mean two characters I plan to use. Not... everyone. I am not this kind of masochistic.
EditEdit: Also, the lack of information overall on the internet is very disturbing. I either specifically go to sites like gamesfaq, or other forums, or I get results for sp grinding in heroes. Due to warrior maps. Urgh.
There's multiple ways to raise support levels:
  • Defeat an officer while paired up
  • Heal an ally with a staff
  • Clear a side mission requested by a character (i.e. Ryouma points out an enemy near the beginning of ch14) (raises all deployed characters' affinity with that character)
  • Either completing mission objectives, or completing stages, or fighting near each other on the battlefield, or some combination of those idk
Chapter 14's a good stage to grind them on, particularly when you're grinding Astra. It's a short stage with dense enemy spawns, you get to set eight characters, and Ryouma+Marx both have side missions on it, so everyone gets boosts toward both of them. You can milk it further by playing on Lunatic, having everyone group up in front of a manakete or something, and spamming off all your available heals.

I think there's a bigger bonus for just clearing stages, though. Just spamming dash C1 with Caeda in one of the first stages in the Awakening map to farm Chrom for drops resulted in me getting three A ranks and several characters from nothing to B over 25 or so runs, which were all about 1:40 each.

Technically I found where in the save data support values are stored, so I could probably spend some time figuring out what's actually optimal tonight. Spamming ch14 was enough to get what I needed on most characters, though.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
There's multiple ways to raise support levels:
  • Defeat an officer while paired up
  • Heal an ally with a staff
  • Clear a side mission requested by a character (i.e. Ryouma points out an enemy near the beginning of ch14) (raises all deployed characters' affinity with that character)
  • Either completing mission objectives, or completing stages, or fighting near each other on the battlefield, or some combination of those idk
Chapter 14's a good stage to grind them on, particularly when you're grinding Astra. It's a short stage with dense enemy spawns, you get to set eight characters, and Ryouma+Marx both have side missions on it, so everyone gets boosts toward both of them. You can milk it further by playing on Lunatic, having everyone group up in front of a manakete or something, and spamming off all your available heals.

I think there's a bigger bonus for just clearing stages, though. Just spamming dash C1 with Caeda in one of the first stages in the Awakening map to farm Chrom for drops resulted in me getting three A ranks and several characters from nothing to B over 25 or so runs, which were all about 1:40 each.

Technically I found where in the save data support values are stored, so I could probably spend some time figuring out what's actually optimal tonight. Spamming ch14 was enough to get what I needed on most characters, though.
Thats pretty fair. I take at this point pretty much anything that's not a timed assault. Can't stand those maps anymore because of... this:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I beat the Fates map and got Male Corrin, FEW is perfect now
I love History Mode btw. Perfect balance of what Adventure Mode in HW was, and much less grindy. I also like how the classic maps have the menu sounds from their games, even when in battle. It’s pretty cool :D I hope the DLC maps bring a lot of challenge.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Alright, hard numbers on support grinding:
  • A rank looks to happen somewhere between 506-521 points (guessing 512), though points continue tracking up to 560 regardless.
  • Completing a stage awards 15 points to all applicable supports between deployed characters.
  • Defeating an officer while paired up is worth 5 points.
  • Healing an allied unit is worth 5 points.
  • Character requests are worth 9 points, oddly.
Killing officers while paired up and abusing heals would be the fastest ways to grind supports, then. Chapter 14 is still free points with Ryouma, but it's probably faster to just fly through a low level history map if you aren't abusing heals, since there's no dialogue/cutscene load times and less things you need to do for the clear bonus.

As an aside, there might be a cap on how many points you can get in one stage, as the most I ever saw any one support jump by was 80. It's possible that was just coincidence, but if not that's more incentive to just spam a short stage.

I hope the DLC maps bring a lot of challenge.
same tbh

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So that FE Heroes favorite unit thing; i made mine:

• Swords was actually hard for me. I know people complain about the flood of sword units but i have a lot of sword units that i actually use. But in the end, i am a Roy main in Smash, so i had to go with Our Boy. Honorable mentions go to Alm, Ayra, Black Knight, and Ike.
  • I actually don't have a lot of Lance units. I have Cordelia, but i don't really use her. I do use Florina a decent amount though.
  • Azura is the only unit here that i don't have. But Azura is my #1 FE waifu, so she had to be here. Also, i prefer her Nohrian outfit.
  • Clarrise actually gets use from me because i have her Supported by Katarina, since they are adopted sisters.
  • Kagero is the best Dagger user imo because Poison Dagger+ is too good
  • Katarina is a top-tier waifu.
  • M A G I C____ I S ____E V E R Y T H I N G (if i had Delthea, she would go in the Blue Mage slot instead.
  • Merric is literally the only Green Mage i have at 5-Star rank. Well, Soren too but i don't plan on using him anytime soon. I know Merric sucks but at least Excalibur sees some use.
  • Nowi is my main and only dragon at 5-Stars. She has Vantage, which is really fun when used with Lightning Breath+.
  • Lachesis. I know a lot of people don't like her artstyle. I do. She's real cute. She's my #1 FE4 waifu. That said, i have Ayra, my #2 FE4 waifu, S-Supported instead because Lachesis rarely gets use from me. It's really unfortunate that Lachesis had to be Staff-Locked, otherwise, i would've S-Supported her already.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The manakete squad map is such goddamn bull****. Here's a team of units with extreme offensive and defensive stats because little dragons with trainee/villager BST giving them well-rounded stat spreads. Oh, don't forget that there are only 6 units with weapons effective against dragons of which 4 of them are sword infantry with probably Alm, Chrom, and possibly Marth dying to young Tiki and even Fae, and none of them are blues. Argh! That was so obnoxious to deal with! Barely was able to beat the stupid thing after trial and error with 5* masked Lucina, 4* Olivia, 5* +Res, -Atk Titania, and 4* Wrys. Wrys surviving against young Tiki with 1 HP on a defense tile saved my butt because I'm pretty sure she could have killed masked Lucina, but didn't, so she died instead.

Challenge maps my ass. Freaking torturous trials. I didn't even bother trying to figure out Strike from Afar aka Horse Emblem Bridge, lunatic Static is Scary aka Other Horse Emblem, or the lunatic difficulties of the other maps. Totally not worth burning 3 orbs just for beating lunatic Manakete Squad for completionist's sake.

On another note, Shin Megami Tensei V for the Nintendo Switch is interesting. Never got into those games, but I will always remember that Dante made a cameo as a recruitable demon ally in Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Is it possible to change the speaker in the 3ds version or is that only for switch?
Yeah, it is.

From the main menu (after selecting the save), bottom option > bottom option > top option > bottom option is announcer voice

I've been using Celica (her and Anna are the only females I like as announcers in JP), but I might try Marx or Chrom at some point.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Yeah, it is.

From the main menu (after selecting the save), bottom option > bottom option > top option > bottom option is announcer voice

I've been using Celica (her and Anna are the only females I like as announcers in JP), but I might try Marx or Chrom at some point.
Idk if there's something wrong with my copy.
I don't have any option besides the default announcer.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
You need to unlock the other characters by raising supports with them. Idk how much you need, but just get supports with the hero you want the most and eventually it'll unlock

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You need to beat the story first I think o

Repurposing this, has anyone found out if the money cap is still 9,999,999? I've been blowing everything on levels as soon as I hit 4mil or so, but it'd be nice to know how much I can keep saved for DLC characters/cap raises. yeah cap's still the same, that's lame

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I haven't touched weapon forging in this game yet so I decided to start looking into it (but I have been unlocking skills). Since you can have 2 slayer skills, would Mountslayer and Wingslayer make a good combo with Trample? You destroy 2 of the more popular unit types, and Trample deals a bit extra damage to everything else so the damage penalty on the weapon isn't as noticeable.

Also how's Topsy Turvy for the units with the stats to make use of it (like Lissa and Sakura, and maybe Lianna)?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I haven't touched weapon forging in this game yet so I decided to start looking into it (but I have been unlocking skills). Since you can have 2 slayer skills, would Mountslayer and Wingslayer make a good combo with Trample? You destroy 2 of the more popular unit types, and Trample deals a bit extra damage to everything else so the damage penalty on the weapon isn't as noticeable.

Also how's Topsy Turvy for the units with the stats to make use of it (like Lissa and Sakura, and maybe Lianna)?
I touched on it in a previous post, but I think you're best off picking slayers that beat classes you're disadvantaged against. For example, Wingslayer+Armorslayer on a sword lets you cheese past lance-using pegasus riders and armor knights that would normally be annoying to deal with. If you're just going for general coverage though, then yeah Mountslayer+Wingslayer+Trample gives you increased damage against literally everything.

The attack drop's pretty severe on generic weapons though, I'd probably only do that on awakened unique weapons, which don't get penalized. All sword characters, Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi, Sakura, Elise, and Leon, for reference.

Topsy Turvy is mandatory for Sakura, and pretty good for the other two. I think it's kind of sketchy on Lissa since it hurts her against pegasus riders, but it's very worth it against most other things. It's also worth considering on Celica and Cordelia.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day time
Today, the Xenoblade 2 Twitter showed us this image. Nothing too special, just showing us how the Argentum Trade Guild functions like a balloon. It will lower itself onto the surface of the cloud sea in order to allow people to enter it. You can see Azurda, Rex's Titan, in the screenshot there (the little green Titan) so this is probably the scene where Rex and friends enter Argentum for the first time.
And hey, they finally showed off Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, the Animal Crossing mobile game that we heard about all those months ago. It....looks ok. I've never been a fan of Animal Crossing at all though (even though Villager is hilarious to use in Smash) so i'll probably be skipping it.

Main reason i don't like Animal Crossing is because i feel that it doesn't give me anything to do really. I also don't like that you have to commit to anything. I'd rather play Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Stardew Valley, since those games actually do give you things to do. I actually have Rune Factory 4 and it's pretty fun.

The manakete squad map is such goddamn bull****. Here's a team of units with extreme offensive and defensive stats because little dragons with trainee/villager BST giving them well-rounded stat spreads. Oh, don't forget that there are only 6 units with weapons effective against dragons of which 4 of them are sword infantry with probably Alm, Chrom, and possibly Marth dying to young Tiki and even Fae, and none of them are blues. Argh! That was so obnoxious to deal with! Barely was able to beat the stupid thing after trial and error with 5* masked Lucina, 4* Olivia, 5* +Res, -Atk Titania, and 4* Wrys. Wrys surviving against young Tiki with 1 HP on a defense tile saved my butt because I'm pretty sure she could have killed masked Lucina, but didn't, so she died instead.

Challenge maps my ***. Freaking torturous trials. I didn't even bother trying to figure out Strike from Afar aka Horse Emblem Bridge, lunatic Static is Scary aka Other Horse Emblem, or the lunatic difficulties of the other maps. Totally not worth burning 3 orbs just for beating lunatic Manakete Squad for completionist's sake.
Yeah, the Manakete Squad map was terrible. Striker from Afar was pretty brutal too. The rest were alright though, assuming Lunatic wasn't attempted. These aren't GHB/BHB-tier Lunatic battles. These are fully-fledged competitive teams being buffed by the difficulty. Not fair imo.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning all. Everyone doing good? :4zelda:

Just about to try and write up some things for Uni today. And made some more progress in Monster Hunter Stories, also managed to get some more Monsters. An Uragaan, Basarios, Qurupeco and Iodrome, I'll just say that the Uragaan is a straight up better version of the Basarios. Higher Health and Attack.

Uragaan
HP: 5
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
SPD: 1
Skills:
Megaton Stomp
Tail Bomber
Heat Res
Power Boost (M)

Basarios
HP: 3
ATK: 1
DEF: 5
SPD: 1
Skills:
Poison Gas
Inferno Gas
Extend Poison (S)
Heat Beam

The Basarios seems like it's more of a Wall, inflicting status effects whereas the Uragaan is a Tank. Iodrome I don't recommend, it's just the Velocidrome with slightly higher defence and more on inflicting Poison (That Ratha has an immunity to).

I also need to eventually try and beat the Colosseum, so I can at least reach the higher ranks and get more prizes. And hopefully the Zelda Themed items too.

Also, not that long now before Mario Odyssey comes out. I'm looking forward to that quite a lot now. :yeahboi:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

About that... this combo is propably best used on an archer like Takumi, since his legendary bow fully awakened won't get the damage loss applied to him. Aka, you can make him killing anything pretty efficiently, thats not an armored unit.

I gave my Lyn Winged Slayer, since... spears = fliers, even if dragons already get slayn by her sol katti.
Lucina got Armored slayer, because... reference to rapiers.

And I wished Cordelia/Frederick had unique weapons only to them... oh well.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Got a European cartridge for Kid Icarus and my oh my, this writing is as good as I heard. Turning the camera is my only gripe with the game so far, everything else is really fun.
Frieza is scary for a reason. It was the first time in his entire life he ever decided to train.

Are you moving on to Super now?
Yes, I'm curious if it's really as bad as people say. Some have implied that GT is better, which is definitely intimidating.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Yes, I'm curious if it's really as bad as people say. Some have implied that GT is better, which is definitely intimidating.
The problem isn't really with Super per-say (remember, it's being made concurrently as a manga and anime by two groups running off the same bullet points), but the anime has some pretty major animation / pacing / filler plot problems, especially at the start. Akira was pretty critical / angry with it's quality for a good while, same thing with the original drafts of the movies (he revised them) and let's just not mention the live-action flick.

It's gotten better since, and I like some of that filler (Arale FTW!), but you might want to switch over to the manga.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Got a European cartridge for Kid Icarus and my oh my, this writing is as good as I heard. Turning the camera is my only gripe with the game so far, everything else is really fun.

Whaaaat, nooo...
Super is honestly pretty good. NOW atleast. The first two seasons are basically worse rehashes of the movies.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The problem isn't really with Super per-say (remember, it's being made concurrently as a manga and anime by two groups running off the same bullet points), but the anime has some pretty major animation / pacing / filler plot problems, especially at the start. Akira was pretty critical / angry with it's quality for a good while, same thing with the original drafts of the movies (he revised them) and let's just not mention the live-action flick.

It's gotten better since, and I like some of that filler (Arale FTW!), but you might want to switch over to the manga.
I'll stick to the anime until whatever Arale filler that is in it appears. I never read Dr.Slump, but Arale was an absolute joy in Dragon Ball (She was unusually strong too, she decimated General Blue who was stronger than Krillin at the time.)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
riiight i forgot to say that my free pull was a 3 star shanna. :/

also Saber pity broke me in Performing Arts. :/ :/ :/ :/

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I finally got my ideal team together. Just need the Seals for it now, and I can enjoy my fully functioning core.

Celica, my Red-mage. I earlier S-Supported her to make her a bit tankier, but honestly, it isn't too much of a problem, really. My other characters needed it more, and I felt kinda bad looking at my alm doing it. *coughs*

She is the bomb, almost always proccing that Heavy-blade, healing in PvE back up aswell, and is deleting anyone who isn't a blue res-tank. Which honestly, there aren't too much. Most people run green units cause of Reinhardt nowadays, and are insanely easy to deal with.

Valter, my blue physical tank. Because Red-swords are so abundant, it just... is a perfect fit.
His stats are pretty average/good, and his lance pushes them even FURTHER, allowing him even to shave of a charge from Aether. His Atk is solid, and thanks to Panic-ploy, most of his enemies will have below 50 atk. Aether heals him back up, and lets him obliterate people aswell. Hit&Run + Guidance as future Sacred Seal will net my team insane movement abilities.

And no, I got my 2nd Ike from my Ayra pity-breaker, so no, I do not have a million ike's. Sadly...

My infamous Julia. I used double Distant Defense and tanked B!Lyn with her, as she's +4 currently. She pity-broke my green rolls half a year long, so... I just went along with it, and made her my highest merged Unit.

I plan to give her Spd-Ploy rather than Res-Ploy, but so far, no luck with either 5* units from the Fe4 banners. Except that one ike I used for Valter. Atk-Ploy is a slightly better Distant Defense Seal, as it does almost the same thing, preventing 5-6 Damage, just by other means. This buffes both of my Heavy-blade users alongside panic-ploy Valter, meaning my Heavy-Blade will procc almost everytime.

Thats my Core-Team for Arena, folks! Opinions? Deaththreats for putting Valter with two underage girls in a deathmatch team? Complementing the artstyle for pale men&women in my team? Anything, really. Even recommendations or questions, I only got this team together, because my crazy ideas got talked over, and went to even weirder ones!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Your core looks really solid tbh

How many merges do Celica and Valter have?

The only problem I see your team having is that mages lower your Arena score, so that might be something you'd want to consider changing. Unless you plan to whale a ton on Celica and Julia's next banners to get more merges for them (which would help alleviate the scoring issue)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Kills with archer C5 don't count toward Awakening's KO count, apparently.

I'm really running out of things to do in the game. Anna's the only character I haven't A supported Chrom or Ryouma with, everyone except for I think Lissa, Frederick, and a few of the unique weapon sword characters (Ryouma, Marth, Rowan, probably a couple others) has perfect weapons, I'm stocked and prepared to bring Azura to level cap instantly and teach her the usual six skills whenever she releases. All I can really think of for entertainment value at this point would be to compound my previous arena challenge by doing it with a 0-star bronze weapon. (edit: this is still really easy with Lianna, it just takes nearly 25 minutes...)

Speaking of arena, Tiki's actually not bad after trying her there. Human Tiki isn't amazing, but she seems a lot better than her stats indicate, and she gets enough meter to be able to awaken through a number of waves of enemies.

I felt a slight urge to see if I could get Nohrian Aqua with free orbs and entertained the thought of giving Heroes a second chance if I did. Fortunately I had the foresight to delete the game from my phone before I could make that mistake. I never actually played routes other than Conquest, so maybe I'll just go back and play through Revelation instead.

Etrian Odyssey V kinda snuck up on me too. 4 didn't hold my interest, but iirc 5 moved away from subclassing, and a number of the new class options look pretty fun, so I should pick that up at some point.

Side note, I learned today that FE1-5 are on the Japanese 3DS eShop.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Your core looks really solid tbh

How many merges do Celica and Valter have?

The only problem I see your team having is that mages lower your Arena score, so that might be something you'd want to consider changing. Unless you plan to whale a ton on Celica and Julia's next banners to get more merges for them (which would help alleviate the scoring issue)
Celica is +2, Valter only +1. His Infernal mode is the only one I never truly managed to get. :/
But at his re-run, I can boost him to +4!

And the issues with arena score is pretty much taken care of, with Distant Defense, Heavy-Blade, Aether, Renewal, Panic-ploy, Spd-Ploy being level 3 skills, costing far more SP than usual. I could slap lv 3 rally skills instead of repo too, but I fear a deathless run will be impossible.
Otherwise, I am content with all my heroes as they are. I only desire maaaybe another PA Olivia for just having her, and deidre for Spd-Ploy, otherwise I do not spend orbs on anything. Saving up basically. So I could whale on Julia/Celica banners if they appear!

Edit: Also, they all got legendary weapons, so that elevates them further on the Arena score ranking!

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Celica is +2, Valter only +1. His Infernal mode is the only one I never truly managed to get. :/
But at his re-run, I can boost him to +4!

And the issues with arena score is pretty much taken care of, with Distant Defense, Heavy-Blade, Aether, Renewal, Panic-ploy, Spd-Ploy being level 3 skills, costing far more SP than usual. I could slap lv 3 rally skills instead of repo too, but I fear a deathless run will be impossible.
Otherwise, I am content with all my heroes as they are. I only desire maaaybe another PA Olivia for just having her, and deidre for Spd-Ploy, otherwise I do not spend orbs on anything. Saving up basically. So I could whale on Julia/Celica banners if the appear!

Edit: Also, they all got legendary weapons, so that elevates them further on the Arena score ranking!
What arena score are you usually able to get with that team?

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
What arena score are you usually able to get with that team?
This team in specific excists since today, so no clue yet. I can run later and give the numbers, but I managed with B!Lucina unmerged and standard lyn +3 instead of celica/Valter a solid 4930, and stayed in tier 20. Dropped last week due to exams being on my mind, graduated recently.

Fully team was: Lyn+3 (Standard lyn), B!Lucina, Julia+4, Axura, which was able to score that highly. So I'd imagine with an more evened out merge level, and without a dancer this time around, I should be able to score the same, despite using Celica instead of Lyn.

Will try it out once I got the Guidance Seal tho.
Edit: I get 704 Baseline(698-710) per advanced battle, so I'd be off by just 2 points of what my other team had.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
One more Warriors discovery for the day: During pair up, the paired character actually steals meter/exp gained by the front character.

I always thought the reserve character just got a small portion of bonus stuff to themselves, but if you're playing Tiki without pair up, even 1v1 she gains enough meter to stay in dragon form permanently.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lol my armor emblem team only gets ~696 points or so. i can't remember how many points my flier emblem team gets, but it is probably something similar to that or a little bit less

i think, at this point, i should just be investing in merges for my armor team and other stuff that increases my score (like high cost specials and skills). merges for my flier emblem team aren't really feasible since su!corrin is limited, and tana and elincia are 5* exclusive cricricri.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
lol my armor emblem team only gets ~696 points or so. i can't remember how many points my flier emblem team gets, but it is probably something similar to that or a little bit less

i think, at this point, i should just be investing in merges for my armor team and other stuff that increases my score (like high cost specials and skills). merges for my flier emblem team aren't really feasible since su!corrin is limited, and tana and elincia are 5* exclusive cricricri.
Honestly, just shoot for low merges, like +1 for everyone at first. It oddly enough boosts your points quite much.
It's just an own observation, but unmerged gets x amount of points. +1 merge gets x+10, and +2 gets you x+7 or so... I just realized after a few weeks that just having a merge at all is a bigger boost, than additional merges. I wish I could datamine the values of what invluences which by how much.

Also... gotta love armor emblem. <3

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Honestly, just shoot for low merges, like +1 for everyone at first. It oddly enough boosts your points quite much.
It's just an own observation, but unmerged gets x amount of points. +1 merge gets x+10, and +2 gets you x+7 or so... I just realized after a few weeks that just having a merge at all is a bigger boost, than additional merges. I wish I could datamine the values of what invluences which by how much.
All I have for merges on my armor emblem team at the moment is +2 sheena (both of which were pity breakers while trying for hector on the voting gauntlet banner). I have some spare 4* Elfies, so merging her shouldn't be very hard. I do run Zephiel as my red armor, so merging him is going to be kinda weird since there are only so many copies of him. I have two extras that I could promote when I have the feathers. It's too bad that all of the good red armors are limited in some way (either TT rewards or GHB). Draug isn't bad, but that nonexistent res means he doesn't have a place on my defensive armor emblem team.

In the future, I might end up replacing Elfie with Gwendolyn, just because she has better defensive stats. +res Gwendolyn has 4 more res than +res Elfie, along with 5 more def (and one less hp). It doesn't help that I've literally never pulled a -spd Gwendolyn, though. Too bad I'll have to wait another like 5 months for the next Hector banner to give her DC

Also... gotta love armor emblem. <3
Yeah, it's hilarious how good armor emblem is. It takes a lot of resources to make (at the very least, 3 Hectors), but once it's up and running, no one can really touch you. I loving baiting Reinhardts with my Sheena, taking no damage, and then destroying him with an ignis bomb.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah, the Manakete Squad map was terrible. Striker from Afar was pretty brutal too. The rest were alright though, assuming Lunatic wasn't attempted. These aren't GHB/BHB-tier Lunatic battles. These are fully-fledged competitive teams being buffed by the difficulty. Not fair imo.
Strike from Afar someone found a way to do it with 4* Arvis, 4* Olivia, 4* Ursula, and 3* F!Robin. The Manakete Squad one I only found a strategy by Phoenixmaster1 that required 5* Anna, 5* masked Lucina with Luna and a +3 Speed as an A-slot or a seal, 4* Olivia, and 4* Wrys. The next lowest one was Baka Jam's strategy where you needed a 5* +2 merge Nino with Fury 3 who took the place of Anna compared to Phoenixmastter1's strategy and Lucina only needed a Hardy Bearing 1 seal. In other words, you need someone who can actually survive Nowi who has Luna -- dear lord if she had Bonfire instead -- charged and Quick Riposte 3.

Granted, these are the first set of trial maps that have a lunatic difficulty. Kozaki Yosuke and Yamada Kotaro's challenge maps only had normal and hard difficulties. Hard on those and the Developer Challenge weren't that bad although the Manakete Squad one was still as obnoxious. So, compared to the BHB and GHBs, lunatic difficulty on Developer Challenge maps would be like infernal or higher considering the teams on those maps were like tier 20, merged teams which I will never encounter and never want to -- I'll stay in my comfy home of tier 16-17. The infernal BHB and GHBs weren't designed to screw over players that hard with ridiculous and/or "meta" setups. At worst, Valter's Infernal GHB was not kind to F2P and newbies because Gordin or even Klein were never made free units and Brave Bow archer was the easiest answer to the Pegasus Knights zerg rushing you. 5* Clarisse with L&D2 or 3 and some other stuff was lowest F2P I can remember. You still needed 5* Camus or 5* Valter and 5* Ursula to round out the team, so there's that too... It might have been more doable with BH Lyn had she and the other GHB units been released during his GHB. Well, whatever, I digress.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Digging through Warriors save data to kill time.

Trying to set Oboro to lv99 just corrupts the save ;_;

Going off both support slots and blank character slots, it looks like there's room for them to add 26 playable characters total (4 mixed in among the preexisting characters, 22 tacked onto the end). I imagine they aren't planning on actually filling all of those, considering the currently announced DLC packs would only fill five of them...then again, by the end of Hyrule Warriors DLC they'd added what, 24 weapons to the base game? So I guess plenty of thus far unannounced DLC wouldn't actually be outlandish.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to get on with My University wOrk, more specifically the writteN stuff, I'll most liKely post it on the website so I cAn at least get some feedback on how to change it or improve it.

Also, the Sonic Forces demo is out on the Japanese eShop. It's... something. You can play as Modern in Green Hill, Classic against Egg Dragoon and Avatar in Space Port.

BUT. You only get 1 minute to play the stages, which is a shame really. I would've expected more, maybe they could've added the city stage that they showed off a lot for Modern, since we know what that stage looks like the most, as for Avatar. Probably Green Hill would've suited it best. I'm on the fence with the demo, but I still plan on getting the game, so I can at least support Nintendo.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pic of the day
Today, we were shown off official artwork of Bana, President of the Argentum Trade Guild. Given that he's one of the people searching for the Aegis (as shown in the September Direct trailer), i think we may have our first Nopon villain, and i'm really interested to see how that plays out.

In FE Heroes news, we have

Yep. Halloween Banner is a thing after all. Spooky. Also, it comes right after the Preforming Arts Banner. Intelligent Systems, why? But hey, as long as it doesn't have any of my top-tier FE waifus, i think i'll be fine.

Top Bottom