• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I just realized that the only 5* Hoshido sibling I'm missing is Sakura. I kinda want to summon her just to complete the set. That way, I could play Hoshido emblem and then also cry because Nohr's siblings were a billion times better
Tommorow im going to be the your Nohrian counterpart the proud owner of every Nohr sibling but Elise

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just realized that I don't have any of the Hoshido or Nohr siblings which is hilarious when you consider that Camilla and Sakura can be summoned as 4*, buuuuuuut, nope. All I'll have is Xander after tomorrow. Meanwhile, their retainers of whom I'm only missing Kagero and Peri.

And another meanwhile, I have both Corrins, their servants, and old man Gunther. Of those 5, 3 of them were free: F!Corrin -- did summon her, but if I didn't, then Android freebie -- and Felicia and Gunter are special map units. No Flora, Kaze, or their BFF because they're not in the game.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I just realized that I don't have any of the Hoshido or Nohr siblings which is hilarious when you consider that Camilla and Sakura can be summoned as 4*, buuuuuuut, nope. All I'll have is Xander after tomorrow. Meanwhile, their retainers of whom I'm only missing Kagero and Peri.

And another meanwhile, I have both Corrins, their servants, and old man Gunther. Of those 5, 3 of them were free: F!Corrin -- did summon her, but if I didn't, then Android freebie -- and Felicia and Gunter are special map units. No Flora, Kaze, or their BFF because they're not in the game.
Flora would be a fire mage so that's cool. :^)

Anyway, I never thought of making theme teams like that. Technically it could work well for the Arena, given the natures are correct anyway. Thankfully at least ONE Fates sibling is screw-proof thanks to being neutral.

btw Soren's voice is kinda hot so I want Soren but the one I pulled somehow is -ATK/+SPD because of course he would be.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh **** I just realized Sanaki shares the voice actor for Agnès Oblige in BD. I'm so glad I didn't use her for TAdept ahh
I need Julia so I can have the two best BD gorls

Apparently Takumi shares Yew's VA, as well as Lucius and Niles. I listened to Takumi and I can hear Yew plain as day. Now I want him, dangit :mad: for that and the other reasons of course

Aaaand Tiz's voice actor is shared by Raven, Karel, and Henry. Which isn't surprising cause Bryce Papenbrook is everywhere

We gotta get Ringabel and Magnolia's VAs in the game pls

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Flora would be a fire mage so that's cool. :^)

Anyway, I never thought of making theme teams like that. Technically it could work well for the Arena, given the natures are correct anyway. Thankfully at least ONE Fates sibling is screw-proof thanks to being neutral.

btw Soren's voice is kinda hot so I want Soren but the one I pulled somehow is -ATK/+SPD because of course he would be.
She'd be the worst fire mage then. Setting the whole damn place on fire and then making everything a nasty smog as she tries to cool down the place with her ice powers.

I wonder what her stats would be like in Heroes since her personal stats are in between Felicia and Jakob's. Jakob has a +2 strength modifier, but is only as strong as Saizo in Heroes who has a +1 which Flora shares and despite a different game, Gaius. Granted, different classes, so, different stat caps. He's also average enough where it makes him pretty meh as a thief since no damn thief has above 30 attack other than Kagero with her ludicrous 35 attack to the others' 29 and below. And then Kaze who has a -2 to his strength like Felicia... Welp, RIP Kaze.

Colm, Flora, Heather, Legault, Rennac, Sothe, or whatever thief that gets added better have at least 31 attack.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So I was doing the fortune thing and

They snuck Celica in???

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It'd be hilarious if they make it so Celicia is the Xander GHB banner.

Oh, yeah, it's May. Too lazy to edit another image for an avatar.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I wonder what Celica will be. I assume she's using Fire Magic, though, since we have waaaaay more Dark Magic users. It'd be nice if she were a Fire Linde. Though I'd really like a viable MALE mage. There's 2. Then the rest are gorls doing their best or cursing everyone so it's just lame. How can I form a bara magic team with gorls???

Speaking of absurd things, Gar's little sister gave me her 100 dollar Googleplay GC for access to my Sims 4. Apparently Gar's dad gave all his kids 100 dollar Googleplay GCs because his wife plays games on her Android, so he figured he'd get a "oops I'm a bad parent but I do make money so here's these little things just to say I maybe probably care" cards. And if they didn't use 'em, his wife would. So... Yay I guess? If it weren't kinda sad I guess? I added 20 of my own dollars and went to town.

Either way, I was staying AWAY from the Golden Week banner. I wanted Azama (-ATK/+SPD preferably), Kagero, Tharja, Cain(for WoM fodder), Nino, Soren (prefer Nino but w/e) and Cecilia. So greens/reds/silvers. I needed good natures to start with or fodder to help pad SP and make 5* cheaper. Apparently 3% means 30% because why the hell not?

So I have good luck with drawing units. Stats, not so much, but I get gems here and there like my 2nd Ike had +ATK/-RES which is his absolute best nature.

And then...

I have 4 Sorens atm, only 1 with a decent nature (+ATK/-DEF), 1 neutral, and 2 others that are -ATK/+SPD so maybe I can do something there. Didn't build him yet. I'd prefer +SPD and using Darting Blow.

Before this pull session with 225 orbs, I already had 3 Ikes, 1 Mists, 2 Sorens, and 3 Titanias

DO YOU GORLS

KNOW HOW AWFUL THIS IS

I CAN'T EVEN FEEL MAD OR SAD OR BAD THAT I DIDN'T GET THE CHARS I WANTED

BECAUSE THESE JERKS

I JUST WANTED AZAMA VOICED BY MATT MERCER BECAUSE THAT'S MY GAME HUSBANDO AND VOICE ACTOR HUSBANDO IN ONE CHAR THAT I ACTUALLY WANT TO USE HELP ME

Game: You want Azama? Have Mist!
Me: No.
Game: Have 2 Mists!
Me: NO.
Game: Have a Mist and an Ike and a Soren because the gang's all here.
Me: IT'S TIME TO STOP!
Game: OK, look, I know you just dumped 120 bucks on me and you really want Azwhatever... The support-y unit thing.
Me: Yeeees?
Game: And I think he's a very common unit so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities if he showed up.
Me: YEEEEEEEEEEEEES?
Game: So here's 4 silver orbs and 1 blue one. It's only 3 orbs, so you may as well pull the blue one... *snicker*
Me: YES!
Me: *pulls 4; at least I get Klein for Death Blow fodder* Oh. *pulls the blue one since it's only 3 orbs*
Game: But I noticed you needed Azura to make her +10! So you get to have Azwhatever! Yay you!
Game: AND ALSO MOOOOOOOOOORE MIIIIIIIIIIIIISTS!

IDK how to feel. I am conflicted. It's like winning the lottery and 1 million worth in good booze instead of the more useful/wanted 1 million dollars. H E L P

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Azama has appeared 3 times for me when I wanted archers... The second one and the one I planned on promoting to dump skills on Lissa is +Spd, -Atk. Someone said -Atk Azama is good for stuff. Eh... Guess I'll get rid of third Azama, then...

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Battling Xander units are Linde (should break the map), Arthur (his map has 1 blue unit that'ss prob die to Linde in 1 hit and 2 red units why are you here), Cordelia (blue unit+flier emblem I guess?), and Chrom (probably because hin and Cordelia need to be together at all times. Who cares if he helps i the battle or not?).

So basically I'm skipping, Cordy is nice for flier emblem which I don't see myself running, and Linde is nice as well but she's going to be on one of the gauntlet banners so this is an easy pass for me.

Edit: I just noticed all of my typos but I'm not going to correct them.I'm just going to leave them there to shame myself into going to sleep now.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Azama has appeared 3 times for me when I wanted archers... The second one and the one I planned on promoting to dump skills on Lissa is +Spd, -Atk. Someone said -Atk Azama is good for stuff. Eh... Guess I'll get rid of third Azama, then...
+SPD gives him 30 speed total and -ATK brings his already bad ATK down. He uses Pain or a debuff, and prefers to use Martyr and Threaten Attack. This way he soaks up damage, but not too much. He then heals himself. 32 def/25 res and 43HP. The dude can do stuff.

The only thing not going for him is his speed, which gets bumped up to a safe 30 if he has the right nature. +DEF is also good too. He is also one of the healers who can have Close Counter shenanigans.

Battling Xander units are Linde (should break the map), Arthur (his map has 1 blue unit that'ss prob die to Linde in 1 hit and 2 red units why are you here), Cordelia (blue unit+flier emblem I guess?), and Chrom (probably because hin and Cordelia need to be together at all times. Who cares if he helps i the battle or not?).

So basically I'm skipping, Cordy is nice for flier emblem which I don't see myself running, and Linde is nice as well but she's going to be on one of the gauntlet banners so this is an easy pass for me.
Smart gorl. Smaaaaart gorl.

TBH I won't be doing any banners until the gauntlet. All free orbs. N E V E R ~ A G A I N. I am not stronk enough to be a Whale Lord... Wailord... Wailorb.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cool, a banner with Cordelia and Linde. *summons late at night*

Yay, I got Maria... Maybe she can make Michalis be less of an ass. At least she has Physic.
3* Gunther: +Atk, -Def. Eh... +Atk, -HP seems safer. I should really promote a Gunther up and give Hone Cavalry to someone. Same with Jagen.

4* Maria: +Spd, -Atk. How hilarious when I was just talking about Azama with the same nature.

4* Matthew: +Def, -HP. Who would like Home Speed?

3* Saizo: +At, -Def. If I recall correctly, this is good for a L&D build, but the fact he has to drop defense, one of his good stats, sucks.

4* Selena: +Spd, -Res.

Once again, Cordelia evades me. 160 units... 162 after Xander's GHB... 172 when Voting Gauntlet happens. I need to get rid of units...

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Well, I beat the Lunatic Xander GHB map. And as per tradition, here's the write-up that no one asked for.

I did delve a bit more into SI though. I gave MRobin Swordbreaker from Sully and used YTiki instead of Marth and gave her Pivot from a spare 3* Cherche I had. Marth was bringing me down while I was trying to do this strat, so I used Tiki instead just by chance, and good lord, I know she's a magical unit, but she seriously did a NUMBER on Xander.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Doing some more work today and will be going out today as well. Hopefully see if I can find any new Switch titles for me to get to increase my library. Since I only got about three so far. Being Neo Turf Masters, Breath of the Wild and Blaster Master Zero. Or I can try and get some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. :V

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
IMG_1768.PNG
This was the hardest GHB so far imo

Takumi with Draw Back is a godsend

And fury 3 +atk Linde can't even kill Marx without an atk boost lol. He survives the first hit and then kills her with the counter

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I managed to beat Xander! I like these GHB, coming up with strategies that work is really fun
So I won using 5 Star Bunny Chrom, 5 Star Male Corrin, 4 Star Male Robin, and surprise surprise, 3 Star Olivia. First turn I move Corrin into range of the sword unit on the right. He'll get hit by both the green Mage and the sword, leaving him at 15 HP. The next turn, with everyone else having moved, I Move Bunny Chrom beside Corrin to attack the lance knight. Doesn't kill, but deals a good amount of damage. Then, I used Male Robin to kill Xander in one turn using Swordbreaker and TAdept (he got boosted by hone attack but he didn't need it). And then, using Olivia, Robin moves again and attacks the lance knight, and kills him because Bonfire is now ready. Now here's the important part. The green Mage was able to kill Corrin since his health was just low enough. So I actually had to give up my 4 Star Niles to give my Bunny Chrom spur res 2. After that happened, the green Mage now focused on Chrom, and he survives the hit (and Olivia barely managed to survive the healer oop she's still level 17)
On the last turn, Chrom and Robin team up to kill the healer, and Corrin manages to get the the green Mage and kill, thanks to Olivia

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I can't replicate these starts becuz my units aren't good ;(

at this point, i might as well just train up my free units and copy all these clever japanese players.

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I finally decided to get myself Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. And also bought Shovel Knight Treasure Trove.

They're pretty fun and even though I already did beat Shovel Knight on the Wii U. I'm going to beat it again this time with messing around with the Body Swap mode.

Also, if you use your amiibo on this version, you can summon a little fairy that can help you find treasure. It's adorable seeing it try and pick up treasure, fight and even try and dig. It's too small and weak.

Should I give Marx Vantage or Quick Riposte?
Personally I think it depends on your playstyle, the other units you use with him and what you want him to do. I gave mine vantage as I play quite offensively and I'm running him with Olwen (with hone cavalry) and Reinhardt (with goad cavalry) to boost his attack and speed to secure more ko's. Also gave him life and death 2, dragonic aura, swap and hone cavalry as I'm making a horse emblem team.
If you can buff his defence and res (fortify cavalry, rallies etc) plus run some sort of healing, then I feel that quick riposte will probably be better

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Personally I think it depends on your playstyle, the other units you use with him and what you want him to do. I gave mine vantage as I play quite offensively and I'm running him with Olwen (with hone cavalry) and Reinhardt (with goad cavalry) to boost his attack and speed to secure more ko's. Also gave him life and death 2, dragonic aura, swap and hone cavalry as I'm making a horse emblem team.
If you can buff his defence and res (fortify cavalry, rallies etc) plus run some sort of healing, then I feel that quick riposte will probably be better
I'm actually trying to build a horse emblem team around Marx. So far, I have him and Reinhardt, but idk who else to put. I have the neutral Cecilia that we got from that quest recently, a Cecilia with mystery ivs because she's partially leveled up, and some other random cavalry units (Stahl, Jagen, Sully, Frederick, Gunther, Peri, etc.). I don't have Eldigan/Olwen/Spring Marx/Titania/etc.

I have enough Jagens and Gunthers to give hone/fortify cavalry, so that's not a problem.

Should I do a Gronnblade team with Cecilia or something?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Should I give Marx Vantage or Quick Riposte?
If you're running a cavalry team, wouldn't his defense be at least 41 during combat through Ward Cavalry which stacks with Fortify Cavalry giving him 47 defense and 27 resistance? His defense is the third-highest tied with Beruka and Hector and he currently has the highest defense for a cavalier now above Frederick's 36. Against physical blues and some physical reds, he'd take scratch damage at worse, so Quick Riposte would be able to stay up for a while. Fury 3 lets him reach 50 defense, 30 resistance at the cost of taking 6 damage after every battle which would mean he'll drop down from QR much sooner. Def +3 would be more stable. If you want, Fortress Def 3, which would give him 52 defense, but drops his attack down by 3 which can be mitigated by Goad and Hone Cavalry.

Vantage works, but it's probably better on a squishier unit. Someone said that Vantage can be treated as "an offensive Quick Riposte" where you attack first, double, take damage, and on the enemy phase, counter back through Vantage. Thing is you'd need to drop down to <=75% HP which for Marxander is 33 HP. The other problem is how would he double? Hone Cavalry and 2 stacks of Goad Cavalry would give him +12 to attack and speed. 36 speed is good, but you'd need 2 cavaliers to be at least 2 spaces near him during combat which also means no defensive buffs which could be a problem for your -blade cavalier since spur-type buffs like Goad and Ward Cavalry don't count towards a -blade tome's bonus damage; you'd be limited to +12 attack rather than +24 had you had someone with Fortify Cavalry.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Btw, BotW updated so now we get to choose what language we can hear the characters speak in:

English, Japanese, French, French-Canadian, German, Spanish, Latin-American, Italian and Russian. :yeahboi:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
thank sags now I can pla eligood, he okay good.

So are we going to go with Friday for the HotS thing? I can do some games now and I'd kinda like to get it over with before then, but if everyone else is set for Friday then I can wait.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay

So are we going to go with Friday for the HotS thing? I can do some games now and I'd kinda like to get it over with before then, but if everyone else is set for Friday then I can wait.
I can do a game right now if you want

just one tho.

:150:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

I have some free time now so I can play for a couple games.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
tfw u save up 5 orbs and try to Hail Mary summon Aqua, but there are no blue stones to summon on, so you choose colorless and get a second Takumi cricricri

This one is +atk -res

At least I have close counter fodder now

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wow Heroes it sure was a great idea to give us a quest to complete the 10th stratum 15 times with only armor units. There's definitely no flaws in that plan. It's not like there's only 6 armor units in the game, with 1 of them exclusively summonable at 5 stars and another exclusive to a GHB. I'm sure it's totally fine when none of them can take hits from mages at all, all while only being able to move a single space at a time. Truly a marvelous plan, thank you for the Free Orb™

Seriously though I feel really lucky to have all of the 6 armor units so that this quest is even feasible. I can imagine most people don't even have 4 armor units. Why would you do this to us.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
tfw u save up 5 orbs and try to Hail Mary summon Aqua, but there are no blue stones to summon on, so you choose colorless and get a second Takumi cricricri

This one is +atk -res

At least I have close counter fodder now
can i comfort yew despite me having an Azura?

At Burgundy Burgundy I completed that quest with a 5* Draug, a 4* Sheena, a 4* Gwen, and a filler level 20 3* Gwen

now that i have a 5* Zephiel i can do that quest even easier

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay us gorls are done with HotS.
Screenshot (425).png

Also gorl power lets us dominate games that we have close to no experience with as well I guess.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
can i comfort yew despite me having an Azura?

At Burgundy Burgundy I completed that quest with a 5* Draug, a 4* Sheena, a 4* Gwen, and a filler level 20 3* Gwen

now that i have a 5* Zephiel i can do that quest even easier
I know I can do it, it just requires a lot of stamina and patience
Like even just a healer can deal heavy damage to my armor units and it's so tedious

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I would have joined you gorls on HotS, but you asked to play at like 8 pm

It'd be appreciated if we could do it earlier next time<3

Top Bottom