• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Either 3DS or Wii U, doesn't really matter

I'm not sure I can really say what I like, but here is a list of games I have
Hmm...well, I've got a few I can recommend.

You don't have many action games; Hyrule Warriors (Wii U or 3DS version) and Bayonetta 2 may both grant you something new that you could find yourself enjoying. Nothing quite like a solid hack and slash.

On the 3DS, there are all of the Atlus games such as Etrian Odyssey IV (dungeon crawling) or Devil Survivor Overclocked (geometric strategy / FFT like) as good entry games into those JRPG series.

There are more traditional JRPGs like Bravely Default, too.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
i fixed your reply to help get the point across better
WOAH!!! TOO OVERKILL DUDE! I didn't mean it like that! Hold on for a second. I wanted this person to understand that I feel as though a certain character neede more attention, not to tell here that she has no life literally! Well, I'm sorry I just had to but in, but I still think that could have gone better dude. Thanks anyways. Also, next time I'm insulted, be a little lighter on the language will you? My fans are sensitive when I use profanity, although I can be a tough guy at times. I don't mean to literally insult someone by saying that kind of stuff. Otherwise the Admins will start sending me notifications saying that I need to tone it down on the content. I'm not being soft, but I do mean sincerely that I don't go overkill on a reply to an insult of a particular character, ok?

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
WOAH!!! TOO OVERKILL DUDE! I didn't mean it like that! Hold on for a second. I wanted this person to understand that I feel as though a certain character neede more attention, not to tell here that she has no life literally! Well, I'm sorry I just had to but in, but I still think that could have gone better dude. Thanks anyways. Also, next time I'm insulted, be a little lighter on the language will you? My fans are sensitive when I use profanity, although I can be a tough guy at times. I don't mean to literally insult someone by saying that kind of stuff. Otherwise the Admins will start sending me notifications saying that I need to tone it down on the content. I'm not being soft, but I do mean sincerely that I don't go overkill on a reply to an insult of a particular character, ok?
I'll say it again
>getting this worked up over someone disliking dragonite

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
that also works I guess ROFL

Also Dragonite is derp
Honestly, I don't care what other people think of him as a Dragon-type Pokemon anymore. I ignore people with their silly little stereotypes and hate comments whatnot. I understand the rules of the gaming world, and I expect Nintendo will disappoint me many times throughout my entire gaming life with no updates to Dragonite.

I'm Moving on to make this thread more relevent. I'll just call it good, and no one will ever make any other hateful comment to me or Dragonite ok? All I want is peace and sound assurance that Dragonite gets a positive overall review, and I don't mind negative comments, unless they are overkill, such as massive angry nerd like comments that prolong types of games involving poor character choice or stage selection. Meanwhile, I will be posting on my private thread if anyone would lie to join me later this week. I'm also being a simple minded guy when I say this, but fans of Pokemon, will be haters throughout their entire lives, including me on rare occasions. So please don't mind me, unless you would like to chat with me on my thread, ok?

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
I'm Moving on to make this thread more relevent. I'll just call it good, and no one will ever make any other hateful comment to me or Dragonite ok?
I don't like Dragonite.

Bruh, you literally said in the same post "I don't care anymore what people say about Dragonite or me" yet you urge people to not insult Dragonite or you anymore.

I could understand getting upset over people bullying you, but getting upset over people not liking a Pokémon is silly. If you are this easily offended by something so petty you shouldn't use an internet forum.

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I don't like Dragonite.
That's just fine with me. I'm not going to argue. Some people hate him because they call him fat, slow, and sometimes, gullible to ice type attacks. I don't blame them, and heck, even Nintendo has sometimes been neglecting to add him because of his rarity to the Pokemon franchise series, like anime, games, toys, and most importantly, Manga! Just like the good old days back in the early 2000's era. Anywho, I won't stop your dislikes, but I won't follow you or friend you, ok?

Good luck to your own quests in life, and I wish you the best possible outcome in any Videogame, including Pokemon.

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
Are you implying that dragonite ever had a chance to get in smash or how am I supposed to understand this part
Yes. I am replying to that chance with a possible, yes. I just thought it would land him some more attention, like Charizard got, but it didn't. 3 disappointing years in a row with no Dragonite since 2013. It's actually quite shameful for me, because I feel as though Nintendo personally hates Dragon-type fans. It's just my opinion varies sometimes, and this is one controversial issue that I have with Nintendo and their Pokemon dept. I know that I can't always win, but sometimes, you just have to go rogue until Nintendo realizes the mistakes it made with the fans one day.

Oh well. Never mind. It was pointless to argue.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Yes. I am replying to that chance with a possible, yes. I just thought it would land him some more attention, like Charizard got, but it didn't. 3 disappointing years in a row with no Dragonite since 2013. It's actually quite shameful for me, because I feel as though Nintendo personally hates Dragon-type fans. It's just my opinion varies sometimes, and this is one controversial issue that I have with Nintendo and their Pokemon dept. I know that I can't always win, but sometimes, you just have to go rogue until Nintendo realizes the mistakes it made with the fans one day.

Sakurai included the more popular Pokemon per generation in Smash. Also, do you really think they would add another heavyweight orange dragon?

Also this.

#1 - Greninja (Gen 6)
#4 - Pikachu (Gen 1)
#9 - Charizard (Gen 1)
#11 - Mewtwo (Gen 1)
#15 - Lucario (Gen 4)
#49 - Jigglypuff (Gen 1)
#59 - Dragonite (Gen 1)

Hm.

Also I wanna point out that Ditto is more popular. Lmao.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
large meme pic
I wouldn't call it bait, it really feels like a genuinely close-minded opinion.
They added 3 Marths.
Three fire emblem characters from different games that play relatively different is a different story than adding another Gen-1 Pokémon that's an orange dragon.

People need to stop bringing up "le three marths xd" whenever non-sensical roster additions come up, because Dragonite would be a meh choice.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I wouldn't call it bait, it really feels like a genuinely close-minded opinion.

Three fire emblem characters from different games that play relatively different is a different story than adding another Gen-1 Pokémon that's an orange dragon.

People need to stop bringing up "le three marths xd" whenever non-sensical roster additions come up.
Just don't pretend that clones are some crazy foreign idea.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
I'm not saying that, hell I don't see the point in three Marth's either, but that doesn't mean that they should add another Gen1 Pokémon again, let alone one that theoretically looks similar enough to Charizard

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I just think that if Dragonite had more support he could have been a great addition to the roster.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
My main argument against Dragonite in Smash is the fact that he's not as popular as other, far more interesting Pokémon and that he would be more Genwunner bait.

I wouldn't have minded him if he would've been a new character in Smash 4 instead of Charizard or maybe even in Brawl instead of Pokemon Trainer, but at this point it'd be too much gen1 stuff.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
BoltDragon is actually being reasonable, Elder yew wouldn't let ha go on it

Don't troll the thread pls

Maxy don't dance around censors again

Zard still isn't a dragon

Okay, I think that's everything

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
BoltDragon is actually being reasonable, Elder yew wouldn't let ha go on it
I'm not the only that was diacussing with him tho

Maybe I don't know his backgrounds on this forum, but I find his need to write down rather long posts whenever a character is "attacked" rather unnecessary. I assume this came up multiple times before or it's his thing, but what do I know. I'm just the cynical meanie in this thread :secretkpop:

But okay, why not.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You're not putting Zelda in the front row in the middle?
She's actually at her true tier position. Top left. That other loser is before her because Zelda felt bad that a "Goddess" was only good for being a trashy magic waifu with moldy mop hair.
:secretkpop:

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
She's actually at her true tier position. Top left. That other loser is before her because Zelda felt bad that a "Goddess" was only good for being a trashy magic waifu with moldy mop hair.
:secretkpop:
Tbh tho Palutena and pretty much every female FE character in Smash are legitimately trash tier waifus.

If you argue against that you have bad taste and/or are a weeb

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm... Seo's a total bifauxnen... Ahem. Watching an old anime makes me feel nostalgic with the way the art is done, some of the presentation, and the opening and ending songs. At the same time, I'm questioning what I've gotten myself into. I blame Kannazuki no Miko.

Pikmin 3DS reminds me of something and I can't remember it. Similar gameplay set in a 2D plane and commanding minions to do stuff for you. The other thing is that it reminds me of Chibi-Robo! which had a 3DS release recently and sort of Ratchet & Clank: Into Nexus's nexus puzzles. It might be possible to do a "normal" Pikmin game on a handheld, but it might be a bit problematic with how Pikmin are small and that Pikmin is about numbers. A spin-off where you had relatively small squads could work like in Pikmin 3's multiplayer, but I don't know. Doing a 2D Pikmin does seem like a Nintendo thing where most of their 3D games debuted on consoles like 3D Mario, Metroid, Pokémon, and Zelda debuted the consoles while the 2D games were often on handhelds. That doesn't mean they're all on one system like how Star Fox never had a 2D games to begin with or how Mario has 2D and 3D games on both systems. The rest, eh.

On Zelda, one thing that bothers me right now is Breath of the Wild's combat. Specifically, the animations. First off, assuming the game's still in development and stuff will be improved, but as of now, this is what I'm feeling. It's kind of like Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess (Wii)'s -- which made sense for them since you can't really do complicated motions expecting an average person could do them or without wrecking the room -- except worse. By worse, the animations don't look like they have impact. They're like when you run and slash in Twilight Princess or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which function as light, "glancing" blows. Not expecting Breath of the Wild to have Bayonetta, DMC, Dynasty Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, or Sengoku Basara levels of flashy, well-animated moves or the weight and heft of Bloodborne, Demon's / Dark Souls' moves, but something like... Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (GCN)'s. The combat at the moment feels like it came out of the 2D Zelda games which makes sense for them. For a 3D one, it's kind of weird since Zelda's combat is less of a platformer's such as Jak & Daxter, Rayman, or the first Sly Cooper where combat's mostly a couple of simple swings without a lock-on system. To make all of this worse, Spin Attack just looks bad: https://youtu.be/-Fhry06dFwI?t=30. I don't know if its the "hit lag" screwing with it or, hopefully this is the case, Spin Attack's animation isn't completed yet, but Link literally spins in place with almost no effort and in an inhumanly way. It's so weird-looking. In previous games, you could see Link stand his ground, twist, and turn for Spin Attack. You could also see Link's legs move to turn himself, but in recent BotW's footage, Link slides as if he was on an axis and not as if he was a living being who had to turn himself and move himself naturally. The rest of BotW's animations look fine and beautifully done, but the combat... Ugh...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Sakurai included the more popular Pokemon per generation in Smash. Also, do you really think they would add another heavyweight orange dragon?

Also this.

#1 - Greninja (Gen 6)
#4 - Pikachu (Gen 1)
#9 - Charizard (Gen 1)
#11 - Mewtwo (Gen 1)
#15 - Lucario (Gen 4)
#49 - Jigglypuff (Gen 1)
#59 - Dragonite (Gen 1)

Hm.

Also I wanna point out that Ditto is more popular. Lmao.
How the hell are Archen and Archeops that high in the list? What did they even do?
Almost all of the rest I understand (except Magnemite, but it doesn't strike me as much as the other two).

Also, RIP Simisiear being the absolute last in the list.
:196:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
My main argument against Dragonite in Smash is the fact that he's not as popular as other, far more interesting Pokémon and that he would be more Genwunner bait.

I wouldn't have minded him if he would've been a new character in Smash 4 instead of Charizard or maybe even in Brawl instead of Pokemon Trainer, but at this point it'd be too much gen1 stuff.
>getting this worked up over the idea of Dragonite being is Smash

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
How the hell are Archen and Archeops that high in the list? What did they even do?
Almost all of the rest I understand (except Magnemite, but it doesn't strike me as much as the other two).

Also, RIP Simisiear being the absolute last in the list.
:196:
I think I read somewhere about the victor of the poll being released through an event for a movie, hence why a lot of higher ranked Pokemon were legendaries exclusive to events (Arceus, Mew, Genesect, Meloetta, Keldeo, Jirachi, Diancie, Victini, Manaphy, Hoopa, Darkrai and Shaymin all being top 25).
I can't explain why Magnemite is 24 though.

Top Bottom