• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lordaeron

Smash Rookie
Page 2809's talk about "fam" and other slang was this to me in gif-form.

There's at least 2 puns with the above gif and they're all obscure if you've never played Final Fantasy XII.
i never even played a final fantasty game before.

I did get FFVII gifted to me. Is it any good?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Is Bowser a bad MU for us (well even worse than our average MU I guess) or am I playing it incorrectly? I played one online for the first time in a long while and I really couldn't do much of anything before losing a stock. Everything I used gets punished really hard if he shielded, and when I tried going for more dash grabs he would either jab or spotdodge because of how telegraphed ours is. I even got downB killed from a shielded dtilt. It's really weird because I used to use Bowser a lot too, and I never would have thought he would be particularly difficult for Zelda.
Bowser can be a complete nightmare and wifi on top of that? (actually one of my top 5 most hated chars to fight). Any 'half decent' Bowser can put Zelda through hell. And it's hard to approach when he can just sit in his shield, up b out of shield, or get a free grab, and more.

Oh and his dumb up throw shenanigans not only can rack up damage, but get a possible kill confirm, or at the very least, mix ups that will likely kill us either way cause we're light af.

You see... this is Bowser's revenge for all the juggling and lightning kicks we did to him in Brawl. And now? He can survive lagning kicks cause he never effing dies.

This MU is like, you have to play footsies with him, and somehow force him to approach if he's shielding/punishing everything you're doing. It just sucks cause we honestly can't afford to take too much damage, since Bowser can kill us super early, and a Bowser with rage is something even deadlier - like we have to worry about him even if we're at low percentage.

I hate this character lmao
/salt

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Gonna go out shopping later today, since I need a new notepad and an SD Card. Since my current notepad is full of notes for Uni, and as for my SD Card, it is currently damaged. There's a crack on the rim of it, where it can open. It's THAT badly damaged. Hopefully I can recover the files and put them onto a new one.

Also, watching the VGBC Sm4sh stream right now. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
We all know Scarlet is the best waifu in birthright.

Too bad she dies in every other story, even revelations :(

:150:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

Ugh, Scarlet.

So there I am in my awesome tree house, doing very important royal stuff and suddenly this chick just crashes through my door going "I heard you've got cupcakes in here. ARE THERE REALLY CUPCAKES?!"

Like holy **** Scarlet. I already used my magical dragon powers to make you a mess hall, why do you keep breaking into my room for sugary confections?

I also hope IS makes another playable character like Candance she's really cute despite being so chubby in Fates she's pretty booty tho :/
Due to the code, Candace is one of the characters we're reasonably sure was supposed to be more important in the story, along with one of the other Capturable bosses.

Still, a few months ago on reddit someone made a really good Candace fan support conversation with Gunter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem...ruitable_boss_some_supports_with_your/d18ksxs

The more i play it the more i wish IS never does children units ever again Fates excuse for having them here is really illogical and contrived further more some potentially really interesting characters like Izana and Scarlet are given the shaft in terms of characterization because they weren't allowed to make babies with anyone other than Corn (I'm still going for CornxScarlet cuz she's awesome) furthermore because of how children are explained in fates any S-supports with them end up really creepy ESPECIALLY with the children of the Royal Siblings as they are Corn's nieces and nephews.
To be fair, everything connected to My Castle doesn't make sense.

Honestly, I'm more willing to put the blame of the outerrealms squarely on the bad multiplayer / story integration Fates had. Awakening and previous FE games did children perfectly fine.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
To be fair, everything connected to My Castle doesn't make sense.

Honestly, I'm more willing to put the blame of the outerrealms squarely on the bad multiplayer / story integration Fates had. Awakening and previous FE games did children perfectly fine.
We can blame Takumi for that. :secretkpop:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Is Bowser a bad MU for us (well even worse than our average MU I guess) or am I playing it incorrectly? I played one online for the first time in a long while and I really couldn't do much of anything before losing a stock. Everything I used gets punished really hard if he shielded, and when I tried going for more dash grabs he would either jab or spotdodge because of how telegraphed ours is. I even got downB killed from a shielded dtilt. It's really weird because I used to use Bowser a lot too, and I never would have thought he would be particularly difficult for Zelda.
We lose to Bowser for sure. Our neutral prevents us from being able to safely go in. We get shut down by his jab and tilts too easily. Yet we still have to go in because we are the combo-er in this MU. We need to do that in order to get the momentum and stage control, which is foreign territory for Zelda and honestly something she's bad at doing. And then you make a mistake and you eat something huge for a punish and possibly die too. So yeah, easy -1.

Yes, she is clearly the best waifu no contest

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Not sure how many other Canadian gorls are here but eb games is selling new copies of code name steam for $5.
wow if you don't have it already you should buy it steam was an ok title and it's tottally worth the 5 dollar price tag

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just finished watching the stream.

Good games to both Angel Cortes and Pink Fresh.

Pink Fresh showed really strong potential with Bayonetta even after her nerfs, getting 2nd place and even came up with some good combos too. I think one of them was NAir > ABK > ABK > UpB. And he even made Bayonetta look like Mario in a few couple of matches by using UAir strings. :yeahboi:

He even managed to get the weak hit on the 2nd hit of Heel Slide and connected it into UTilt > Up B > ABK > ABK > UAir

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I just finished watching the stream.

Good games to both Angel Cortes and Pink Fresh.

Pink Fresh showed really strong potential with Bayonetta even after her nerfs, getting 2nd place and even came up some good combos too. I think one of them was NAir > ABK > ABK > UpB. And he even made Bayonetta look like Mario in a few couple of matches by using UAir strings. :yeahboi:

He even managed to get the weak hit on the 2nd hit of Heel Slide and connected it into UTilt > Up B > ABK > ABK > UAir
Yeah Pink Fresh is the man. Criminally underrated. They can't complain about him anymore.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Since we have had a large influx of new gorls, I feel that this is kind of appropriate so we can get to know one another better. Twili (it's weird to think that a lot of you probably don't know her) did something similar to this last year, so here's round two.

Essentially, the question is just, "what is your sexual orientation?" However, instead of the classic answers (gay/straight/bi/pan/ace/whatever), there's a handy little chart that is more in-depth than traditional labels.
Obviously, be kind to one another and I'll see to it personally that anyone discriminating against anyone in here will have their soul erased by BJN for flaming/bullying. :^)

So what is everyone's orientation? Personally, I'm a D6.

and if any of you make a battleship joke, i'll cut you

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I've only been here a while and you wanna know my sexuality? :O

I guess I'm a . . . . E0

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Since we have had a large influx of new gorls, I feel that this is kind of appropriate so we can get to know one another better. Twili (it's weird to think that a lot of you probably don't know her) did something similar to this last year, so here's round two.

Essentially, the question is just, "what is your sexual orientation?" However, instead of the classic answers (gay/straight/bi/pan/ace/whatever), there's a handy little chart that is more in-depth than traditional labels.
Obviously, be kind to one another and I'll see to it personally that anyone discriminating against anyone in here will have their soul erased by BJN for flaming/bullying. :^)

So what is everyone's orientation? Personally, I'm a D6.

D6? You sunk my...
BINGO!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i hope a nuclear bomb detonates a block away from your house while you stare out the open window at the full moon and peacefully fall asleep next to your man

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
gorl, we all know you're an F6

bjn will touch you inappropriately for avoiding the character limit again

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i would do it too but i only need 1 more point to get b&T and i want it to be spirst hew takes my virginity :^)

Top Bottom