• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Yeah. I'm still gonna disagree with this :v
Sorry, I meant that Bayo is worse than Diddy for me. Diddy was bearable after learning the MU and hopefully Bayo too.

It's just super frustrating to get combo-ed hard and not know what your options are with the characters I'm using.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bayonetta's a total C word. Oh what the heck, we're all guys here; I can say it. She's a coocoohead.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Bayo has a lot of dumb stuff, but patient play makes her manageable and she isn't going to uthrow uair you at 60% if you hide in shield, nor does she have fast disjointed aerials that outrange Marth's sword (aside from Witch Twist, a lot of her hitboxes are surprisingly honest).

Witch Twist and Witch Time are pretty silly though, and she's definitely among my least favorite characters to fight, but I'd take her over prepatch Diddy any day.

pre-patch diddy was the WORST

he had literally everything going for him and his frame data wasn't **** at all

all he needed was a GRAB. in a game where throw combos and kill throws/kill confirms mean everything, this was really BIG for diddy. grab goes through shield so your only way to deal with grab is to read the grab attempt by throwing out a quick jab or by avoiding the scenario entirely by zoning diddy out which is a big case of "easier said than done." diddy's grab combos/d-throw/u-throw > anything was able to rack up damage quickly and kill early. it was stupid and you couldn't do much about it, even with ****ing sheik, for crying out loud. the very sheik that has been dominant before 1.1.5 and after the diddy nerfs back then couldn't even handle pre-patch diddy. he also had that stupid banana so you know. lol. he was also easy to pick up and play. you didn't need to learn the advanced techs of diddy. just learn how to abuse the banana, f-air, and b-air in the neutral and abuse your grabs and know your throw combos. that's literally it

bayonetta on the other hand, yeah. she's dumb but no where near diddy kong dumb. like what vanilla said, just be patient and grind it out. at least patience gets you somewhere unlike with diddy where it got no one anywhere since diddy is ****ing braindead and ********

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Q How many pre-patch Diddys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A No one can remember because the character was completely brain dead.

/I'm bored :/

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Guys I have a great idea for the next smash game instead of Zelda based on Twilight Princess how about Zelda based on the CDi games

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Q How many pre-patch Diddys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A No one can remember because the character was completely brain dead.

/I'm bored :/
play an RPG, like banner saga
it's great and wastes a ton of time
Guys I have a great idea for the next smash game instead of Zelda based on Twilight Princess how about Zelda based on the CDi games
I'm not ready for this

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
But if you think about it, Zelda Wand of Gamelon was the only one that lets you actually play as Zelda

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Or we could replace Zelda with magikarp or goldeen so we had a better character at least

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'd rather take on pre-patch Sheik, Diddy, Sonic, Luigi, ZSS, Cloud, Corrin, Bayo, and Rosa all at once than face 1 Yoshi.
Yoshi is gross.
This is what that character deserves.
Screenshot_2016-03-23-22-47-16.png

LITERALLY•BAN•YOSHI

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather take on pre-patch Sheik, Diddy, Sonic, Luigi, ZSS, Cloud, Corrin, Bayo, and Rosa all at once than face 1 Yoshi.
Yoshi is gross.
View attachment 101333
LITERALLY•BAN•YOSHI
I don't agree to your extent but I've always wondered why yoshi hasn't made a bigger presence on the competitive scene given his lagless neutral. Plus the fact that he doesn't die as easily as other top tiers is annoying.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
but if I remember correctly that was only a handful of quests/sequences
Dude your text font is hard to read :urg:
A moment of silence

for the gorl who double posted
Yoshi is gross.
View attachment 101333
LITERALLY•BAN•YOSHI
that's kind of messed up

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I don't agree to your extent but I've always wondered why yoshi hasn't made a bigger presence on the competitive scene given his lagless neutral. Plus the fact that he doesn't die as easily as other top tiers is annoying.
Whenever I play a Yoshi the dude's controller sounds like a pack of dogs racing through a pile of Jenga blocks. He's really difficult to use, and even when played well he's just super annoying rather than overwhelming or broken. It turns into a battle of attrition where someone slips up, or you slooowly play out the long stock. Of course it's going to be a long stock. Yoshi won't die, and his kill moves are good but nothing you can't avoid or react to if you're conscious of them and avoid his frame traps, and it's going to feel three times longer because Yoshi is always going to be doing something to you and you're always going to be moving tiny amounts. Whether you're trying to fight his stupid invincible Stretch-Armstrong inflato head on the ground, or un-challengable air boot or making minor position changes to avoid his egg bombardment, or tilting your shield up so it doesn't get poked by by his happy feet, or moving that extra centimeter to avoid the stars that come out of hit butt it's ugh for both players to maintain that pace. If Yoshi screws up his spacing he gets punished and if he's not always going in or aiming his eggs just right he gives up dictating the match and gets walked on. Most people don't have it in them to play that game for too long, and you have to go even farther beyond to be a great Yoshi.

Yoshi always lags on wi-fi.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
If anyone of you gorls has Pokken and wants to play it would be cool if you messaged me. My Nintendo ID is PhilosopherXys.

Also rant warning cant believe shiny Gardevoir isn't in this game. Skins in fighting games help build an identity for the player to get attached to. I understand why shiny Pikachu is an issue due to similarities but they could have given him a red hat along side it. That being said the game is fun and easy to pick up and does have some growth in skill in it.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just saw @SBphilos4's Zelda Montage. If he did one on :4corrinf:, what would it be called? Barefoot Beast? :secretkpop:

And speaking of which, I wouldn't mind trying to make my own montage, but I don't have a camera, editing software, and I cannot be bothered to convert my older replays to MP4. :3

Also, may practice in Sm4sh again with those four mentioned fighters again.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Gorls I don't know much about it but do you think bidou helps Zelda relative to the rest of the cast?

diddy is ****ing braindead and ********
With you entirely until this vitriol. But I'm on Smashboards so.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Hosting a tournament today, expecting 40+ people. It'll also have a 9v9 crew battle between my region's "heroes" and "villains", so that should be hype.

I'll link you gorls to the stream when it starts, will go 95% Zelda today hopefully, wish me luck~

SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 I saw that you said that many clips from your montage was from your most recent tournaments. Adding your results to the the Tourney Results Thread would help a lot.
I will link you my results after this tourney!

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Hosting a tournament today, expecting 40+ people. It'll also have a 9v9 crew battle between my region's "heroes" and "villains", so that should be hype.

I'll link you gorls to the stream when it starts, will go 95% Zelda today hopefully, wish me luck~

Good Luck! You can do it!

good luck dude :D

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yoshi is gross.
View attachment 101333
LITERALLY•BAN•YOSHI
But Yoshi's super cute tho

Good luck~ :happysheep:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Best of luck in the tournament! :yeahboi:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
If anyone still cares about Mario Maker. I've uploaded a new course involving around the Key and Red Coins. :V

The Key to success! Find it!
1D72-0000-0206-D53F

Cress! Cress! will most likely play it. :secretkpop:

Also, Super Expert is very bs. Some of the levels start with a spring that fires you into a pit. Not cool. :V

Top Bottom