• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Form the avocado. Form, form the avocado.
Peel the avocado. Peel, peel the avocado.
Guacamole. Guac, guacamole.
GUACAMOLE!

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Oh I didn't know they had the older games on the Wii U virtual console. Thanks for telling me!

I'll definitely download them and check them out when I get back in the States.

And yeah the partner character is kind of annoying, but it's not unbearable at least xD
The only Mystery Dungeon I've played is Explorers of Sky, but that game was incredible fun if you like Pokemon and dungeon-crawling. Not to mention I adored all of the characters in the Guild you explore with, especially Bidoof and Wigglytuff. <3 I highly recommend the Explorers games.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
That's what I did with Xenoblade Chronicles when I first got it. I gave it a break for about a month, got back to it, changed the voices to Japanese, and fell in love with it once I reached Gaur Plain.
i actually really like the english VA for xenoblade 1, gotta love Xenoblade x lines though

Lin- "I hope I didn't get in the way"
Me- "You're a tank, It's your ****ing job to be in the way. In fact you're so in the way, you make half of the enemy army show up to our 'stealth operations'"
later

Elma- "it's something about this planet"
me-

I'm actually considering returning Pokken, I really don't like it. I haven't even had it for a day yet so I may need to give it more time, but I don't know if I want to.
can you at least say why you don't like it?
I did here the local mode is trash... 30 fps... in a fighting game
playing a real fighting game is so strange lol
you do need to get something straight 2d and 3d fighters are very much different beasts to each type (with 2d being regaurded as just being better), with pokken being some sort of hybrid. From watching i do understand the idea behind it. 3d mode is familiar to a neutral, while breaking to 2d after oki or someone gets a positive state, While breaking to back to 3d after someone capitalizes off a combo and neutral is reset. Phase shift or whatever they call are literally there to help beginners, by making the idea of neutral/positive/oki/ideal ranges easy to pick up even if you don't realize it. Along with other things making the game easier to play; universal inputs, easy inputs and moves clearly designed to beat others (smaller cast could be put on the list, but new fighting games generally have small casts)
I need an adult
I'm 12+11 does that count?

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
GUACAMOLE!
mfw my 13 year old sister made this a running joke with her friend from Wisconsin (and eventually my parents) for several months

are you secretly a white pre-teen girl and you didn't tell us

tfw

> Finds out about local tourney in area
> Has free time to go to it
> Wakes up at the same time tourney starts so can't go/enter
> No less AceStar3rd just managed to be going to this too on some off chance (Does he live in IL?)

i know one of the guys in top 8 at that local

hes apparently playing acestar on stream rn. not watching it so i have no idea how it's going down, but he's a ness player so i can imagine not very well

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
matchmaking and the game is quick cards are far easier to get than irl card games and because it's from the warcraft universe you can get attached to characters from wow/heroes of the storm
Sounds ok. I like things for the characters or effects in a game anyways.

Hence my love for the awful Sparkle Queen.

I'm actually considering returning Pokken, I really don't like it. I haven't even had it for a day yet so I may need to give it more time, but I don't know if I want to.
It's so weird. I honestly prefer fast but simple fighters. Like Dungeon Fighter Online+PvP or Smash. I think it's not as grand as it should/could be. :C

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I am not looking to offend or antagonize any of you Zelda fans but what made you think that she was better than Lucina? I mean sure she has no projectiles but she has an overall safer and better neutral.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I am not looking to offend or antagonize any of you Zelda fans but what made you think that she was better than Lucina? I mean sure she has no projectiles but she has an overall safer and better neutral.
LOL who told you that? we said nothing about lucina. no one said zelda was better. my fries don't need more salt thank you very much

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
No mop on Zelda's head to weigh her down.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
LOL who told you that? we said nothing about lucina. no one said zelda was better. my fries don't need more salt thank you very much
Whoa, no need to get so defensive it was just a question, I am asking this because I once a thread with the title: "Still a higher tier than Lucina".

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I don't remember saying that? did I? I know we make fun of lucina a lot for just being a clone and having bad hair
I prefer to play against a lucina over marth though

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Say what you want about my hair, you know we both still make that tiara wurk

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
But if they miss the tech hit'em with a lightning kick and then cry when you got the sour spot again because you always get the sour spot.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
can you at least say why you don't like it?
I did *hear* the local mode is trash... 30 fps... in a fighting game
ftfy
The main problem for me is just how it plays. Movement feels very stiff and clanky (I know this is common for 3D fighters, but they could've made it smoother.), if you get caught in a combo there's nothing you can do until the combo ends which is the end of the game 99% of the time since everything deals so much damage, and every mode is almost the exact same with the only thing different being who you play against. There's also basically only 2 different stages (circle and oval) with small changes like slightly larger or smaller, or where you start off at. Also a bunch of stuff has exceptions to their rules. "Counter attacks beat out all normal attacks. Oh wait half the moves in the game beat out counters and the only one I'm going to tell you about is other counters and even then it's just sometimes."

The 30 fps thing only applies if you're playing on 1 system. Pretty sure it stays at 60 when using LAN. (Playing on 1 system is garbage anyways since 1 person is forced to the gamepad. But its it's even worse than Hyrule Warriors because in that game, you could choose who was forced to the gamepad, while this game makes player 1 use the gamepad no matter what.)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Whoa, no need to get so defensive it was just a question, I am asking this because I once a thread with the title: "Still a higher tier than Lucina".
OH I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!
One of the older titles for this social was "Still higher tier than Lucina's hair". You probably just forgot the last part or the computer didn't show the entire title. I did a search on Smashboards and Google for that specific title and others similar to it and the old title about Lucina's hair was the only result I found.
As you have seen, we don't think Zelda is better than Lucina at all. We aren't crazy and know what our character is capable of unlike some other character boards *COUGHJIGGLYPUFFCHOUGHCOUGH*

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
OH I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!
One of the older titles for this social was "Still higher tier than Lucina's hair". You probably just forgot the last part or the computer didn't show the entire title. I did a search on Smashboards and Google for that specific title and others similar to it and the old title about Lucina's hair was the only result I found.
As you have seen, we don't think Zelda is better than Lucina at all. We aren't crazy and know what our character is capable of unlike some other character boards *COUGHJIGGLYPUFFCHOUGHCOUGH*
I'm pretty sure I already answered that sufficiently.

Noctiluca

Smash Cadet
The influx of randoms after Zelda got buffed in the new patch definitely didn't help.
Not to get defensive, but I didn't show up bc of the buff, I just started playing competitively like last month and am genuinely interested in learning/discussing and have been playing Zelda since melee :drshrug::drflip::drsad:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I think the title you were thinking of Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 was the title "Still higher tier than Lucina's hair"

It wasn't higher tier than all of Lucina, just ha hair.

It's an old joke about a time we visited the Lucina social and concluded Lucina had mop hair. Thus, "Mopcina" was born.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
This thread gets nerfed when Zelda gets buffed.

Not to get defensive, but I didn't show up bc of the buff, I just started playing competitively like last month and am genuinely interested in learning/discussing and have been playing Zelda since melee :drshrug::drflip::drsad:
Your Brawl Lucas icon betrays your words.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I play both him and Zelda equally in brawl and ssb4, wanted to give him some rep.

If y'all think this thread is dead, look at the Lucas boards rn
Calling this thread "dead" basically means that it hasn't had a post for an hour or two.

It's quite the anomaly.

Noctiluca

Smash Cadet
Calling this thread "dead" basically means that it hasn't had a post for an hour or two.

It's quite the anomaly.

Yeah that's what I mean, idk why anyone thinks this thread is trash, I'm learning so much and y'all actually talk to each other unlike on the Lucas boards

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Very good on wifi where people can't tech because lol wifi lag, but offline people will just tech the dair.
When people tech it I just do this. It's better anyways :secretkpop:

Shoutouts to @Rickster for showing me this set up in a replay.

(God bless this intangibility buff. It's clearly shown here.)

Top Bottom