• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Just going to warn you here and now Zelda Social. The Corrin Social will be the supreme social and we will win the social wars that i just made up. Also, Zelda is super underrated but that might just be me. I ADORE using her.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Just going to warn you here and now Zelda Social. The Corrin Social will be the supreme social and we will win the social wars that i just made up. Also, Zelda is super underrated but that might just be me. I ADORE using her.
Meanwhile, the Falco social (and boards in general)... ;_;

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Question:How did this social get SOOOO popular for a character people would not have so much discussion on given her general viability(even though I think she has soo much potential)?

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
Question:How did this social get SOOOO popular for a character people would not have so much discussion on given her general viability(even though I think she has soo much potential)?
Sass

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
:secretkpop:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
who the heck are y-
mains.png

well that kinda paints the story for me
(even though I think she has soo much potential)
she kind of doesn't, a lot of what she does is hard spacing and reads, not complicated set ups:4duckhunt:, tricky inputs:4ryu:, general character tech:4sheik: or specific combos:4falcon:. So meeting zelda potential is more of just being good at the game. Yes we don't have a perfect zelda player, but no it wouldn't make a huge difference. Last place might be harsh, but refuting it wont really get her out of her kingdom of bottom tier.
Question:How did this social get SOOOO popular for a character people would not have so much discussion on given her general viability
mods and members are particularly lax.
also high weeb count helps too
only good place to spot rare fujins' in the wild as well

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The new official tier list is hilarious because they chose to use solely letters to represent what I have been told is SMALL GAPS IN DATA

Is that not what + and - are for? You know, A+, A-? Like a TON OF OTHER FIGHTING GAMES?!

Like, let's be fair to even those terrible characters, a J tier does not exist. The lettering in this feels arbitrary and inaccurate and quite frankly, rushed. Tell me, is Wario a D Tier character? Keep a straight face.

I just feel like this allergy to precise tiering (i.e. using + and -) has resulted in using 11/26 letters of the alphabet when you only need like 5 or 6. Falcon and Yoshi being in their own tier is also hilarious. What is this?
Yay someone who agrees! F'real tho. All that contemplating and +/- didn't cross their minds? Also the patch coming in 2 days is very likely going to flip some positions around anyway.
No offense, but S+A~J is far too drastic and insinuates huge differences between top/bottom tiers. I assume it was done this way due to the huge roster needing to be organized. All in all, it seems inaccurate due to the huge battle proficiency gap that S+A~J implies.

Sm4sh is probably the most balanced (even with annoying characters) iteration of Official Smash. So using S, A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C would've been more ideal if you really wanted a list that:

1) Sorts all characters on one tier list.

2) Doesn't overcrowd tier segments.

3) Allows for more accurate placing.

4) Implies low tier vs high tier is not a crazy hard or impossible feat.

5) Doesn't use almost 39% of the alphabet.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
On another note: I have found a perfect representation of SBphiloz4's switch from ZSS to Corrin. From heels to bare feet. :p

Also, pro-tip: don't search "anime foot fetish". Just sayin'... I really need to watch Garden of Words.
wow the way that girl elegantly takes off her shoe to expose her bare feet is just so pretty--

... ahem
no chiyo.png

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I got shlayed by ganon the other night.

I was doing well....until I got flame choked. Then he kept reading my tech rolls and wrecking me. ;-;

:150:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yay someone who agrees! F'real tho. All that contemplating and +/- didn't cross their minds? Also the patch coming in 2 days is very likely going to flip some positions around anyway.
No offense, but S+A~J is far too drastic and insinuates huge differences between top/bottom tiers. I assume it was done this way due to the huge roster needing to be organized. All in all, it seems inaccurate due to the huge battle proficiency gap that S+A~J implies.

Sm4sh is probably the most balanced (even with annoying characters) iteration of Official Smash. So using S, A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C would've been more ideal if you really wanted a list that:

While there are obviously more than in this image, I feel like adopting a "ratio" system would be really beneficial. i.e. Numbered tiers that allow the gaps to look less wide rather than going through a ton of alphabet letters arbitrarily for no reason. There would obv. be more than in this example but it lets you use decimals if you want and you can exemplify or make differences look a lot more moderate than entire letter tiers without + or - since people dislike those keypad/keyboard characters apparently.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
The CCI Thread is officially ded. I have nothing to do but talk to you gorls now

Also, how dope would it be to have Absol in Pokken? Pretty sweet amirite?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Of all things, did the CCI thread and the Nigerian 133t hackers just breathe life into this social?

Smh gorls we're better than that
No we're not
The CCI Thread is officially ded. I have nothing to do but talk to you gorls now

welcome to the club of being me
btw I'm the only person in the world who wants a playable electivire in pokken and that makes me sad

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So I can agree *somewhat* with the character ordering in the tier list... But what the hell are those letters? All the way to J? That's implying that the bottom tiers here are worse than Brawl's and Melee's which is pretty ridiculous. Do they not know what + and - are?

MESS.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I can agree *somewhat* with the character ordering in the tier list... But what the hell are those letters? All the way to J? That's implying that the bottom tiers here are worse than Brawl's and Melee's which is pretty ridiculous. Do they not know what + and - are?

MESS.
*plop* From the Marth general discussion again...
I would have went with this...

:4sheik::4zss::rosalina:
High ------ :4ryu::4pikachu::4sonic::4fox::4mario::4diddy::4metaknight:
:4villager::4cloud::4ness:

:4falcon::4yoshi:
Middle ----:4luigi::4darkpit::4pit::4peach::4rob::4wario2::4tlink::4lucario:
:4olimar::4greninja::4myfriends::4dk::4megaman::4pacman::4bowser::4robinm:

:4feroy::4kirby::4bowserjr::4gaw::4lucas::4mewtwo::4falco::4wiifit:
:4shulk::4marth::4link::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4drmario:
Low ------- :4dedede::4lucina:
:4miibrawl::4charizard::4palutena:
:4samus::4miigun::4miisword::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4zelda:

Problem is formatting it... I don't know why the outdent and intent buttons aren't working, but whatever. Where the tiers are is just what they are. So, middle would be mid-tier with up as high-mid and down as low-mid. For low, because it there used to be bottom... Eh, it's still low in general and you could consider the top as "high-high-mid" or "almost-mid", but it would be semantics at that point. Also, yes, where the top and bottom can be considered that: the top and bottom tiers. Going in extremes in this case as the top tiers are just 3 characters while bottom is 6.
That being said, some might prefer the + / - approach, the alphabetical approach, or even something weird like matters / relevant and doesn't matters / irrelevant which would be a brutal tier list of like 10 characters in matters and everyone else in does not matter. Granted, it would be an easy way to see what the meta is like considering that yes, there are pretty much only 10 characters commonly seen placing exceptionally while the rest are just there.
I don't know why they went with that, but I guess they just wanted to categorize tiers without people questioning the terminology or whatever.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I got shlayed by ganon the other night.

I was doing well....until I got flame choked. Then he kept reading my tech rolls and wrecking me. ;-;

Sorry sis, that might've been me. I choke-wrecked several frog neenjurs. My FG game has been unusually savage the past few days... Usually I play like it's Babby's 1st Tourney.

I was using
:4zelda::4ganondorf::4peach::4mewtwo::4wiifitm::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4robinm:

See the trend? I love to play garbage ban-worthy characters.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Fire Emblem 4 update: Finally managed to get Ayla through a solid amount of resets haha. GOT EM. She also got the Skill ring from Gondolf (or was it Gandolf? I forget) because she clearly needed that =3. Broken time!

Having a lot of fun with this here game, I must say.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Sorry sis, that might've been me. I choke-wrecked several frog neenjurs. My FG game has been unusually savage the past few days... Usually I play like it's Babby's 1st Tourney.

I was using
:4zelda::4ganondorf::4peach::4mewtwo::4wiifitm::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4robinm:

See the trend? I love to play garbage ban-worthy characters.
meanwhile over here
:4zelda::4dedede::4charizard::4duckhunt::4sonic: hey look i got one right
Fire Emblem 4 update: Finally managed to get Ayla through a solid amount of resets haha. GOT EM. She also got the Skill ring from Gondolf (or was it Gandolf? I forget) because she clearly needed that =3. Broken time!

Having a lot of fun with this here game, I must say.
never had trouble recruiting
ch1 is honestly really easy and the only good place to level dew

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
meanwhile over here
:4zelda::4dedede::4charizard::4duckhunt::4sonic: hey look i got one right

never had trouble recruiting
ch1 is honestly really easy and the only good place to level dew
Ayla was just mostly suicidal on my end. It took a wall of lance people to not have her swing her sword around all fancy like. She didn't even want to mess with Quan which is a fitting response because he's swole as hell in this run. Jamke is pretty great so far, I haven't levelled Dew at all so this should be "fun", I guess. Really enjoying the game still though.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This seems like a fairy that Ffamran Ffamran would like

Agitha seems better than I gave her credit for, but I still dislike how slow she feels at doing things. She is a somewhat enjoyable and decent character though.

I gave Impa a chance. Somehow I like her even less than I did before.

Skull Kid is possibly my new favorite character. His C2 somehow manages to make Volga's C3 look bad, and he's still decent at bossing too. Slight Majora's Mask bias. :smirk: But really, I do love that Tatl and Tael have active roles in both combat and miscellaneous things like opening chests.

Still missing Tingle, otherwise have everyone else now. So I have everyone that matters. :222:

Saw the first official tier list. Kind of bad timing on the 4BR's part lol, but oh well. Pikachu seems high, and I'm a bit surprised to see Samus THAT low, otherwise it seems okay.

Fire Emblem 4's RNG is a cruel mistress. I've had to reload a couple of times (I'm doing Chapter 1 atm), even during the prologue, where the real MVP enemy threw a hand axe across the river with a 17% hit chance and did indeed manage to kill one of my units (The Nomad, in particular, who also got the worst level up I have ever seen in FE history where literally NO stats went up, lololol)
Haven't played 4, but I assume the RNG's just as bad as 5's. Seeing Leif miss three times in a row with >87% accuracy isn't just something I've seen, it's something I see regularly. And I'm only four chapters in.

Between RNG and random freezes I haven't felt much drive to keep playing that game, though it's definitely a game I want to play through fully.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
RNG in FE is unkind until 6. Partially because 25% in those games actually meant 25% and not an even lower number. It almost feels like Pokemon with Focus Blast misses or Scald burns.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
At least Ganondorf is more useful than Zelda.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
It's hard to not be better than absolute trash!
Do I need to remind you sis that Zelda is Sheik? :secretkpop: We occupy both the highest tier and the lowest. That is what makes Zelda fantastic you big, blubbering, green, boulder. Zelda encompasses everything because she is everything.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Still feeling sick, I do feel a little bit worse; but that's because my nose is slightly blocked and I'm coughing a bit more. But I'm taking my medicine, so hopefully I don't pass this to someone else.

And later today, I'll be visited by a Teaching Assistant who'll help me with my Design Course.

The new official tier list is hilarious because they chose to use solely letters to represent what I have been told is SMALL GAPS IN DATA

Is that not what + and - are for? You know, A+, A-? Like a TON OF OTHER FIGHTING GAMES?!

Like, let's be fair to even those terrible characters, a J tier does not exist. The lettering in this feels arbitrary and inaccurate and quite frankly, rushed. Tell me, is Wario a D Tier character? Keep a straight face.

I just feel like this allergy to precise tiering (i.e. using + and -) has resulted in using 11/26 letters of the alphabet when you only need like 5 or 6. Falcon and Yoshi being in their own tier is also hilarious. What is this?

I saw the Tier List, it's laughable.

It's a complete mess, it looks untidy, rushed and just... Not right. And it'll be worthless since the Bayo & Corrin DLC and Patch will be coming out tomorrow. So why bother putting it out now? They could've waited till May or June before putting out a tier list, but that's just me. And I agree, they should've used pluses and minuses which make it look cleaner, make it nicer to look at, and help make it look more balanced since every character can have even or good MUs against higher tiered characters (Like Marth v Pikachu which is suppose to be a bad MU for Marth, whereas Lucina v Pikachu is a slightly better one for Lucina). But yeah, that list feels rushed.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I've been better, ongoing family stuff. Also my view of the American right wing is at an all time low.

So the patch is tomorrow, any hopes for buffs/nerfs? I'd like to see Link get a frame 5 jab.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
^I've been better, ongoing family stuff. Also my view of the American right wing is at an all time low.

So the patch is tomorrow, any hopes for buffs/nerfs? I'd like to see Link get a frame 5 jab.
Only major one that was seen in one of the videos that Nintendo put up was Marth's Tipper getting a buff. And that was in the FFA against Bayonetta, Corrin and Pit.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Do + and - really matter more in a tier list than just letters? It's the scale that counts, you have to look at everything as a whole. Heck, there are enough characters (if you did two or three at a time) for there to be tiers down to Z. Not that I'd recommend it but you could. And with that scaling, M would be roughly as good as E is on this one. Use your brains, come on.

The tier list has some problems but it's decent overall. It's hard to accurately place most of the mid tiers at this point, though most people can agree that the top and bottom groupings, at least, are fairly spot on (even if the ordering has some issues).

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Do + and - really matter more in a tier list than just letters? It's the scale that counts, you have to look at everything as a whole. Heck, there are enough characters (if you did two or three at a time) for there to be tiers down to Z. Not that I'd recommend it but you could. And with that scaling, M would be roughly as good as E is on this one. Use your brains, come on.

The tier list has some problems but it's decent overall. It's hard to accurately place most of the mid tiers at this point, though most people can agree that the top and bottom groupings, at least, are fairly spot on (even if the ordering has some issues).
It's a problem because the metric exacerbates difference and doesn't seem precise. Guilty Gear has enough chars for A to E but it uses A to C/D at MOST, usually S to B.

Most people from the FGC (including myself) view letters as a grading system, which is why if they're going to do this they should just use numbers.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's a problem because the metric exacerbates difference and doesn't seem precise. Guilty Gear has enough chars for A to E but it uses A to C/D at MOST, usually S to B.

Most people from the FGC (including myself) view letters as a grading system, which is why if they're going to do this they should just use numbers.
Eh, for me it's a scale less than a grading system, so it's not a big deal. Looking at the tier list as a whole (looking at the groupings, not the tier names) it seems decent. It's not seriously worth complaining about IMO. Besides, using S as the highest tier already kind of invalidates the "grading scale" logic, doesn't it?

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Eh, for me it's a scale less than a grading system, so it's not a big deal. Looking at the tier list as a whole (looking at the groupings, not the tier names) it seems decent. It's not seriously worth complaining about IMO. Besides, using S as the highest tier already kind of invalidates the "grading scale" logic, doesn't it?
As I said, I look by FGC standards. S is generally accepted in there as the best. It's a lot easier to look at groupings when they're not deliberately given a letter scale now isn't it? I'm not saying this to be redundant or rude, it's literally how the FGC goes about stuff when it comes to lists, which is why I suggest a numerical system ala ST so you can separate the groupings numerically and show the actual difference.

To most people outside (which is important, tier lists are made for everyone) each letter = a grouping that is separated by rank, usually significant rank because a majority uses things like + and - to connotate minor data differences which this list did not do. My problem lies in its organization of categories because it goes against the grain solely to....go against it, just by looking at it. I haven't been given a real reason why we need S-J yet, I've just been told the letters don't matter (in which case the fact that they're there is redundant, really.)

Top Bottom