• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Ok, you win.

But I like the frog suit ;;
this must be how zelda mains feel
Don't get me wrong, I like the frog suit, but not because it is helpful in any way. Do you know how incredibly hard it is to beat Bowser in a frog suit? I had to master that level and the fight first before I could do it with a frog suit. One of these days I'll do it again and actually record it.

@Teased That's the best level in the game. The boot isn't really a costume though, it's an item but it's super rad and incredibly useful. Don't hate on the boot thou fool.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
and Ganon is the best at crowd control period with his Special 5 with Super Armor and ridiculous dmg. I can't think of any other character who can INSTANTANEOUSLY clear out an entire fortress in one attack and usually take the base immediately afterwards besides Ganon.
I can vouch for this. The claw swipe is really amazing and sweeping keeps with it never gets old.

Actually if you position yourself right, and if there's enough enemies in the keep, it's possible to drain a keeps health meter to zero and wipe out the keep boss all in one shot. In other words, capturing an entire keep with one move. It's really amazing and satisfying to pull off.

Even if it takes 2 attacks to do, draining the keeps health and taking out the keep boss at the same time is fantastic.
To make matters better every patch they've been like, BUFFING Ganon.
The buffs he's gotten have been great and I've loved every one of them. I played the game at launch so I know first hand how much of a difference they make.

This actually reminds me of when gamefaqs tried making a tier list for the game and there was this huge Ganondorf advocate on there who defended him as being one of the better characters in the game.

I didn't pay much attention to it but he was defending Ganon before the buffs happened so I can only imagine what a field day he had when they finally landed. All his hard work definitely payed off that day.
I honestly hate playing Fi because she slides all over the place and feels incredibly imprecise.
I used to have the same opinion but then I found my inner dancer and got good with her.

Dance jokes aside, I can understand completely. I have a much more positive opinion of her now than I did when I first used her. I didn't mind dancing all over the place but it was tricky to get precise attacks down. It's not a problem for me now and dancing all over the place is sometimes a good thing as you can throw out attacks and dodge enemy attacks at the same time.

That's just me though and it's not a bad thing if you dislike her. Well, I don't mind at least.
Ganon's power is cool and all but he's just so slooow I can't stand it.
Assuming you have Hasty Attacks, than it's a fair opinion. Otherwise, put Hasty Attacks on and see if your opinion changes.

I haven't seen much footage of the Trident, but I'm pumped for it regardless. Besides having some variety, it'll be good for forced Ganondorf levels where an electric weapon is more favorable than a dark weapon. It won't affect me (the forced levels that is) but it's great for those who can take advantage of it.
wow I bet you hated the Slick Star in Kirby Air Ride too
It's nice to see others who've played/enjoyed Kirby Air Ride.

Anyway, the Slick Star is pretty decent. Tricky to use, but it's decent regardless. I really like the design and the sound effects when driving/boosting are nice. Also the sparkles are a nice touch.
Darunia was my fav in hyrule warriors he really made me feel like I was a giant Goron swinging a giant hammer
While not my number 1 (should be pretty obvious who is) Darunia is one of my faves and I do agree it feels great smashing everything with his hammer. I really like his weak point smash too. That move looks and feels really powerful. Also the sound effect for the hammer slams is great and very satisfying to hear.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
If Wrys was in Radiant Dawn (FE10) he'd be Hot Garbage FE10 is not kind to healers unlike FE11 which is kind to every healer but Maria and Elice (and Etzel too but no one gets the gaiden chapters)
tfw you mix up radiant dawn and shadow dragon...
Also why would you want to do shadow dragon's gaiden chapters?
You have to deliberately kill your own units in order to unlock them.
I know they are replaced, but why would you want a generic soldier instead?
They seem to me that the game is taking pity on you for sucking so badly, rather than giving a little bonus map that you have to work to unlock.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
tfw you mix up radiant dawn and shadow dragon...
Also why would you want to do shadow dragon's gaiden chapters?
You have to deliberately kill your own units in order to unlock them.
I know they are replaced, but why would you want a generic soldier instead?
They seem to me that the game is taking pity on you for sucking so badly, rather than giving a little bonus map that you have to work to unlock.
amusingly the Replacement Knight/General is surprisingly not completely garbage lol

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
They are all garbage when you only have like 4 real characters left at the final battle. Man I suck at Fire Emblem.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
They are all garbage when you only have like 4 real characters left at the final battle. Man I suck at Fire Emblem.
You know I was going to tell you Caeda trivializes and link a pic of her and her win spear but i found this instead.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
You know I was going to tell you Caeda trivializes and link a pic of her and her win spear but i found this instead.
Even with her winspear I couldn't do it. Mostly because I used her winspear to kill everyone else so all of my other characters were g4rb4ge

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
wow I bet you hated the Slick Star in Kirby Air Ride too
The Slick Star is actually quite controllable if you mash A during turns. Has a nice speed, too.

Hmm, I should do a KAR tier list.

Actual ranking tier list (unordered within tiers)
What are physics tier: Swerve Star
S: Warp Star, Slick Star, Turbo Star
A: Wagon Star, Jet Star, Wheelie Scooter
B: Winged Star, Shadow Star, Rex Wheelie, Wheelie Bike
C (AKA only good on Nebula Belt tier): Rocket Star, Formula Star
D: Bulk Star

I have no idea where to place Meta Knight and King Dedede, haven't really used them. That list could probably be pretty wrong too, IDK. For example, I don't really know how good the Wheelies are except that the Wheelie Scooter is pretty nuts. I've only really completed the challenge achievements for the courses. Now I mostly play City Trial.

Personally I like the Jet Star, Slick Star, Turbo Star, and Warp Star.

Furret24

Smash Master
All this talk about Air Ride reminds me that I really need to play it again. What great game it was. Smash Run City Trial is probably the best part of the game.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The Slick Star is actually quite controllable if you mash A during turns. Has a nice speed, too.

I have no idea where to place Meta Knight and King Dedede, haven't really used them. That list could probably be pretty wrong too, IDK. For example, I don't really know how good the Wheelies are except that the Wheelie Scooter is pretty nuts. I've only really completed the challenge achievements for the courses. Now I mostly play City Trial.

This guy knows.

I think we did KAR tiers in here once already awhile ago, though that would've been preference rather than performance. I think Jet Star (and Scooter?) qualify for S while Warp and maybe Slick are more A material. MK probably fits in somewhere in S~A, Dedede's C. Otherwise I can agree with it.

Jet Star, Slick Star, and Meta Knight were my favorites, with Wheelie Scooter and Winged Star as runner-ups.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

I miss Kirby Air Ride ;-;
Sequel when?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
❤: Lana, Linkle
A: Cia, Volga, Twili Midna
B: Link, Fi
C: Sheik, Ghirahim
D: Zant, Ganondorf
E: Impa

More playtime needed (will probably like): Midna, Zelda
More playtime needed (will probably dislike): Wizzro, Darunia
Meh, I'll make one too.
Based on the Wii U version so none of the new characters/weapons in here. No real order in the tiers themselves.
SSS: Volga, Twili Midna
A: Lana (Book), Ghirahim, Link (Spinner), Ganondorf, Sheik, Link (Master Sword in the 3DS version), Young Link
B: Lana (Summoning Gate in the Wii U version), Link (Gauntlets), Link (Great Fairy), Cia, Zelda (Dominion Rod)
C: Link (Hylian/Master Sword in the Wii U version), Link (Fire Rod), Link (Horse), Impa (Great Blade), Wizzro, Agitha, Zelda (Rapier)
Trash: Zelda (Baton), Impa (Naginata), Lana (Spear), Lana (Summoning Gate in the 3DS version), Ruto, Darunia, Midna, Zant, Fi
And I haven't played Tingle just because I want him to stay at level 1 forever lol

I can go into more detail on stuff, buy on the topic of the Summoning Gate and Master Sword for those who don't know, the Summoning Gate's best move (RIDING ON ARGOROK YYYYEEEAAHHHH) was removed because the 3DS couldn't handle it and they didn't replace it with anything. rip Summoning Gate. The Master Sword was buffed from 500 to 900 DAMAGE so... yeah it's a lot better since most weapons can basically reach 500 power but with the added effect of Hasty Attacks so DPS is just better. NOT ANYMORE!
As for my qualifications themselves:
While Trident looks like the fastest weapon in the game even WITHOUT Hasty Attacks on it. ;o;
Epona

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
for those who don't know, the Summoning Gate's best move (RIDING ON ARGOROK YYYYEEEAAHHHH) was removed because the 3DS couldn't handle it and they didn't replace it with anything. rip Summoning Gate.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I quit

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
But portability makes it the better version! Right...?!

I'm such a jerrrkkkkkk
I mean, I wouldn't have used it anyway since even getting to use that attack is RNG anyway and that's just annoying/unfun

but removing it outright is just wtf

if agitha still gets to ride her crappy bug lana should get to ride argorok i call bs

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Meh, I'll make one too.
Based on the Wii U version so none of the new characters/weapons in here. No real order in the tiers themselves.
A: Lana (Book), Ghirahim, Link (Spinner), Ganondorf, Sheik, Link (Master Sword in the 3DS version)
B: Lana (Summoning Gate in the Wii U version), Link (Gauntlets), Link (Great Fairy), Cia, Zelda (Dominion Rod), Young Link
C: Link (Hylian/Master Sword in the Wii U version), Link (Fire Rod), Link (Horse), Impa (Great Blade), Wizzro, Agitha, Zelda (Rapier)
Trash: Zelda (Baton), Impa (Naginata), Lana (Spear), Lana (Summoning Gate in the 3DS version), Ruto, Darunia, Midna, Zant, Fi
And I haven't played Tingle just because I want him to stay at level 1 forever lol

I can go into more detail on stuff, buy on the topic of the Summoning Gate and Master Sword for those who don't know, the Summoning Gate's best move (RIDING ON ARGOROK YYYYEEEAAHHHH) was removed because the 3DS couldn't handle it and they didn't replace it with anything. rip Summoning Gate. The Master Sword was buffed from 500 to 900 DAMAGE so... yeah it's a lot better since most weapons can basically reach 500 power but with the added effect of Hasty Attacks so DPS is just better. NOT ANYMORE!

Epona
Source on that Summoning Gate thing? As far as I know the bosses were just replaced by glowing orb things, and nothing removed entirely.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay

I'll let you gorls have a crack at the poll I guess. The Village Hidden in the Pond sounds pretty cool, probably stick with that.

:150:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Source on that Summoning Gate thing? As far as I know the bosses were just replaced by glowing orb things, and nothing removed entirely.
Nevermind it's still there, reddit was just spreading misinformation. :/
Still leaving it in trash tier because who would summon colorful spheres over giant monsters

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Meh, I'll make one too.
A: Lana (Book), Ghirahim, Link (Spinner), Ganondorf, Sheik, Link (Master Sword in the 3DS version)
B: Lana (Summoning Gate in the Wii U version), Link (Gauntlets), Link (Great Fairy), Cia, Zelda (Dominion Rod), Young Link

Epona
OMG Darunia F tier smh yew gorls have no redeeming qualities

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Nevermind it's still there, reddit was just spreading misinformation. :/
Still leaving it in trash tier because who would summon colorful spheres over giant monsters
Eh, it's understandable :drshrug:Though it's a shame, I'll still use it a bunch

Also you think YL is B tier? Weird, I've seen most people put him in S tier with Master Sword Link and Twili Midna.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
THE GUY ACTUALLY DIDNT THINK I MAINED ZELDA. He MM'd me thinking he can beat me with his day 1 Zelda against my main wtf

Easy 3-0 and $10 for me with that Zelda ditto :^)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
This guy knows.

I think we did KAR tiers in here once already awhile ago, though that would've been preference rather than performance. I think Jet Star (and Scooter?) qualify for S while Warp and maybe Slick are more A material. MK probably fits in somewhere in S~A, Dedede's C. Otherwise I can agree with it.

Jet Star, Slick Star, and Meta Knight were my favorites, with Wheelie Scooter and Winged Star as runner-ups.
My tiers were mostly cosmetic but in order. Maybe Swerve should have been S and everything else moved down from there.

I hope I made it obvious but I think the Swerve Star is the best, instant acceleration and (IIRC) the highest top speed outside of the Formula Star make it really dumb. Learn the courses and learn when and how much to turn and I bet it could hardly be challenged. Its gliding is even decent.

I didn't put Jet in S because I didn't know if I just liked it or if it was that good. The instant boost it gets whenever it goes airborne and the additional boost when it lands are pretty nuts though. The Scooter I just wasn't sure on. And yeah, I probably overrated the Warp Star, but it's a solid all-arounder. The Turbo Star is also really good once you know how to handle it but it can't glide. Slick is nice but it does have occasional flaws. Good glider though.

MK being good makes sense, he has good top speed, acceleration, and gliding, right? Just no boost.

I didn't play with machine health on and I don't know how that would impact the tiers (Shadow Star might be better) but the Bulk Star would still be crap. Lots of health means diddly when you can't accelerate when taking damage (the Hydra also has this problem).

I liked the Jet Star, Slick Star, Turbo Star, and Warp Star.

I miss Kirby Air Ride ;-;
Sequel when?
When Sakurai takes back over Hal.

AKA never. :c

IIRC KAR was the last Kirby game he worked on/directed, which is sad since he invented the series. I think it was the first game that had the colorful menus and checklist achievement system he's become known for, though.

I'll admit, I didn't care much for Top Ride but the other two modes were quite engaging.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
My tiers were mostly cosmetic but in order. Maybe Swerve should have been S and everything else moved down from there.

I hope I made it obvious but I think the Swerve Star is the best, instant acceleration and (IIRC) the highest top speed outside of the Formula Star make it really dumb. Learn the courses and learn when and how much to turn and I bet it could hardly be challenged. Its gliding is even decent.

I didn't put Jet in S because I didn't know if I just liked it or if it was that good. The instant boost it gets whenever it goes airborne and the additional boost when it lands are pretty nuts though. The Scooter I just wasn't sure on. And yeah, I probably overrated the Warp Star, but it's a solid all-arounder. The Turbo Star is also really good once you know how to handle it but it can't glide. Slick is nice but it does have occasional flaws. Good glider though.

MK being good makes sense, he has good top speed, acceleration, and gliding, right? Just no boost.

I didn't play with machine health on and I don't know how that would impact the tiers (Shadow Star might be better) but the Bulk Star would still be crap. Lots of health means diddly when you can't accelerate when taking damage (the Hydra also has this problem).

I liked the Jet Star, Slick Star, Turbo Star, and Warp Star.

When Sakurai takes back over Hal.

AKA never. :c

IIRC KAR was the last Kirby game he worked on/directed, which is sad since he invented the series. I think it was the first game that had the colorful menus and checklist achievement system he's become known for, though.

I'll admit, I didn't care much for Top Ride but the other two modes were quite engaging.
I feel like I'm the only person ever to enjoy Top Ride ;-;

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I feel like I'm the only person ever to enjoy Top Ride ;-;
My siblings both liked it. I didn't give it a lot of a chance, but it does take definite skill. I think it kind of feels like a Mario Party mini game, not necessarily a full game, which may be why I didn't like it as much.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also you think YL is B tier? Weird, I've seen most people put him in S tier with Master Sword Link and Twili Midna.
Eh, I just played him again and I could put him in A, his huge flaw is that he only does good when there's a bunch of enemies, otherwise he can't do a thing. I actually had him in C when I was first typing it up but that's too harsh. :x
Master Sword is basically worse than the Hylian because the Hylian does slightly less damage with the right skills, but Hasty makes it safer and with better DPS. Boosting the power to 900 will most likely make it better in Legends, but since it's not out yet, Hyian>Master.

Last edited:
Top Bottom