• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Hey gorls~

So far everything in France is going great! My host family is awesome, and I'm getting along really well with them.

I have my own room with my own kitchenette and personal bathroom!

Tonight the kids and I are planning on making apple cinnamon pancakes with real maple syrup to do (American) breakfast for dinner, and then we might watch an American movie on Netflix.

Technically my au pair duties don't begin until Monday (I have weekends off), so this weekend I'm just getting settled in and spending time with the family. Speaking of au pair duties, I thought I was going to be responsible for cooking the kids dinner during the week, but apparently the maid will do that most days. So really I'm just responsible for bringing the 10 year old to and from school, (the 13 year old goes by himself) helping them with their English homework and speaking to them in English, and spending time with them. This is like a dream job xD

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>goes to Corrin social
>wants to talk about how bare foot waifu is best waifu
>sees that recent discussion is about Mopcina
>people say Mopcina is best waifu
>me

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
>goes to Corrin social
>wants to talk about how bare foot waifu is best waifu
>sees that recent discussion is about Mopcina
>people say Mopcina is best waifu
>me
Just go pop a link to the mopcina raid in there. Say pages 2-10. That'll teach them the TRUE Lucinda

Link in my sig~ :secretkpop:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Gay Ginger Gay Ginger
I barely know you, but I'm glad to hear that your trip (maybe it's more than just a "trip") is going well! I couldn't ever do what you're doing, for some reason most children tend to hate me, but it seems like you'll handle them well. Hope your whole time spent there is great! :172:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Feeling a bit tired, but I've got my lunch cooking right now. And I saw that Ross and Barry from Game Grumps are now doing a Genocide Run in Undertale. I'll just say this. I cannot bring myself to watch a Genocide Run. D: (I just can't.)

Also, I'll be doing more of the usual research for Lucina stuff. :V

Those feet, though... Surprised that a special someone didn't like your post. :p

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Came 2nd in Tr4sh Doubles with Skrubfelt

Came 3rd in Gayley

Came 5th in the dead Project Jank

And 7th in Tr4sh singles

Yea

Also LMAO Rosalina is a gay matchup everyone who says we "beat" Rosa is objectively wrong

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle

Monthly check in and tech update for gorls.

Ambiguous Zelda is key. We have a 'pivot dance' that can carry momentum JUST enough to mind-game our opponents. I think it showcased really well here.

Out of curiosity, how many gorls are abandoning Zelda for Baeyo when we get only Custom Move buffs in February again :secretkpop:

Edit: If @Zylach is still on the boards, I'd like your opinion on this type of playstyle. I just started messing around with it and implementing it a few days ago but the gist of it is present.

Last edited:

Ambiguous Zelda is key. We have a 'pivot dance' that can carry momentum JUST enough to mind-game our opponents. I think it showcased really well here.

Out of curiosity, how many gorls are abandoning Zelda for Baeyo when we get only Custom Move buffs in February again :secretkpop:

Edit: If @Zylach is still on the boards, I'd like your opinion on this type of playstyle. I just started messing around with it and implementing it a few days ago but the gist of it is present.
I think a lot of this was just empty movement. A lot of standing and turning with nothing going on. It looked like so much more could've been done like pressuring, instead of spinning. You're not really mindgaming anyone if you're doing this across the stage while they're recovering.

It would be cool if foxtrots were implemented though :^)

Zolda

Smash Cadet
NNID
carcanet
hi
i went to my first offline tourney today and won 1st place
that's all thanx bye

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

if you think derp walking is good for mindgames you should main PaleTuna
wow I'm extra rude today it seems sorry
anywhose BJN39 BJN39 can I have a coy of your :secretselderlypop: avi you used to have i can't find it on the interwebs

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Walking around like a headless chicken... Gorls are desperate for anything to help Zelderp.
start to hack smash wii u so zelda's down taunt can be canceled like bayonetta's

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I think a lot of this was just empty movement. A lot of standing and turning with nothing going on. It looked like so much more could've been done like pressuring, instead of spinning. You're not really mindgaming anyone if you're doing this across the stage while they're recovering.

It would be cool if foxtrots were implemented though :^)
Well I've only been trying it out and trying to implement it for a days. I posted the video because I feel like its good display of what it can look like. My "pointless running around like a chicken" got me a few set ups and free punishes, and more fake out approaches. So imagine once someone can master movement like this.

Thought I know a lot of time was wasted just random perfect pivoting, that's more or less just for me to practice the tech lol.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

I think that there's some good benefits to this. It seems like a handy low-commitment option since Zelda can do anything out of it. I liked your use of it to wait for the getup option. I feel that dash-dancing is more useful in edgeguard situations though and when the opponent is far away.

This 'pivot dance' thing reminds me of the thing that Khonjin likes to do with Dedede some times at first haha.

Last edited:

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
I personally think that perfect pivots are an excellent movement option for Zelda in neutral. Either empty PP, or you can easily throw out dsmash/fsmash/jab or utilt/dtilt/jab depending on what your c-stick is set to.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i don't think throwing fsmash and dsmash out in neutral is ever a good idea

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
i don't think throwing fsmash and dsmash out in neutral is ever a good idea
Depending on spacing/character, I'm fairly certain that Fsmash is safe, and the whole point of perfect pivot is spacing yourself. Besides, it's not just for neutral - I'd have to mess around with it (since I usually use cstick on regular attack) but PP fsmash could be a really high damage way to cover getup from ledge or missed tech.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
there are 26 frames of endlag on fsmash. that's not what i'd call safe

misspace it and you're not going to have a fun time

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ranted again in the CCI thread... Found out that of the twirl Nair users, Falco, Ness, Olimar, Peach, and Zelda, Zelda has the highest landing lag at 19 followed by Ness at 18, Falco and Olimar at 15, and Peach at 11. Wanna know what's worse? Olimar's Nair pretty much has the same auto-cancel windows and he can also use it from a hop, but he gets a safety net of 15 frames of landing lag while Zelda messing up is like a sad whale washed ashore. Wanna know what's even worse? This also applies to Falco, Olimar, and Peach, Ness's clean hit as a I mentioned here before has 8 active frames and it does 11%. Falco, Olimar, and Zelda have to go through around 25 frames to ensure total damage and for them, Falco only does 11%, Olimar does 8%, and Zelda does 11% with the front hits and 9% with the back hits. Oh, and Ness's is frame 5 which is 1 frame faster than Zelda's and 2 frames faster than Olimar's and the late hit is on frame 13-15, 3 frames, does 7%. Let's also mention that Ness's auto-cancel windows are much better at before 5 and after 26. Peach's Nair? 13% clean, but only from frames 5-8, so only 4 active frames which is much fairer than Ness's despite the higher damage, while the late hit does 6% or 5% from frames 9-19, 11 frames.

Yeah... thinking that Zelda's Nair landing lag should drop to 15 at the very least. Bay-Corn patch hope?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yeah... thinking that Zelda's Nair landing lag should drop to 15 at the very least. Patch Bay-Corn patch hope?
You literally could have just said this,

And every Zelda player would agree.

None of us need convincing

edit: the "washed ashore whale" part was amusing though.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You literally could have just said this,

And every Zelda player would agree.

None of us need convincing
I needed to painstakingly explain to everyone why Zelda's Nair is bad compared to the others. :p

edit: the "washed ashore whale" part was amusing though.
I wanted to say something about a flopping fish out of water, but fish scare me. ;_;

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
15 frames of landing lag on Nair would be wonderful. Guaranteed follow-ups off of falling Nair all across the cast. Might even get some new follow-ups. Not to mention less lag is always good, especially for Zelda.

Still want an FAF buff to Dtilt. Guaranteed Dtilt>Stuff on all characters pls. Oh and Dtilt actually true comboing into itself at low % would be great.

Also tbf Zelda's Nair confirms into a lot of things that those other Nairs don't. Comboing into a move that can kill as early as 60% without rage is good even if it can be DI'd at times. And that's before looking at all other follow-ups.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

I've 100%'d Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. But I ain't speedrunning it just for a wallpaper. :V
And I've been messing around with my Shovel Knight amiibo, got it to Level 22 right now. And the new custom power-ups he has are really fun. <3

nozzle3466

Smash Rookie
I do not know if this is known but i found out today that forward air has has a lag cancel if you hit it at the latest possible time before landing (similair to falcos dair cancel). I haven't expiremented too much with it but it doesn't seem like she gets any combos off it. For the precise timing it needs along with still needing to sweetspot i doubt this is a very useful technique aside from being just a little bit safer on shield. I also tried it with back air and im not entirely sure if its placebo or not but it feels like it can also lag cancel, although not all lag seems to be cancelled just part of it.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Did anyone make a fantasy for Genesis 3 here? I love my roster right now. Can't wait for G3 to start.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
With the time I've spent playing Shulk in Smash, I don't know how the heck I didn't catch on to that.

I've 100%'d Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. But I ain't speedrunning it just for a wallpaper. :V
And I've been messing around with my Shovel Knight amiibo, got it to Level 22 right now. And the new custom power-ups he has are really fun. <3

That's neat! Funnily enough, I was playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse just last night.

I'm really debating on whether or not I should get a Shovel Knight amiibo. I want to stick to just Smash amiibo, but then again, I bought the Squid Kids a while back (possibly in vain hopes of them being in Smash).
IMG_1180.JPG

Amiibo....they're consuming my soul.

Halp

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Also tbf Zelda's Nair confirms into a lot of things that those other Nairs don't. Comboing into a move that can kill as early as 60% without rage is good even if it can be DI'd at times. And that's before looking at all other follow-ups.
This does not compute with the rest of the paragraph.

It's Zelda we're talking about.

If fair was involved we--
can nair have like 5 frames of landing lag

k thx bye
Well, this. :secretkpop:

if I wanna actually be serious, Nair and the FW follow up can be really risky and have a shaky success rate. (Opponent powershields, counterattacks in time, etc) Not to mention anyone who knows the NAir to FW will just hold to the side for free DI, which is very difficult to accurately follow, (correctly follow their DI AND get that specific up-diagonal angle) which means we have to abort the FW or get smacked. Otherwise we're stuck with lower damage follow ups that themselves often won't combo outside of low percent.

On a tangent to that, sometimes I'm surprised at how uncommon a good FW whiff punish is. It seems we can move JUST enough to dodge some of the specific sweet-spot KO punishes. (Like Sheik Usmash or sometimes Luigi's Up B, or our own LK.).

tl;dr don't put up any arguments against Zelda buffs :secretkpop:

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hey BJN39 BJN39 GGs last night (lol, they were fun). We should do the ol' 1v1s sometime I think, it'd be a damn joy! Windfall shenanigans stopped hitting me later that night btw, I eventually learned it didn't ledgesnap so I started doing dumb punishes (like Pacman FSmashing a Hydrant at Windfall and it ACTUALLY WORKING =OOOOO)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hey BJN39 BJN39 GGs last night (lol, they were fun). We should do the ol' 1v1s sometime I think, it'd be a damn joy! Windfall shenanigans stopped hitting me later that night btw, I eventually learned it didn't ledgesnap so I started doing dumb punishes (like Pacman FSmashing a Hydrant at Windfall and it ACTUALLY WORKING =OOOOO)
Definitely sis!

I start college again tomorrow (rip) but the first week will probably be pretty tame, so I hope there'll be time. :o

And of course if we 1v1 we'll see whether I actually use windfail ;^)

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Definitely sis!

I start college again tomorrow (rip) but the first week will probably be pretty tame, so I hope there'll be time. :o

And of course if we 1v1 we'll see whether I actually use windfail ;^)
Just do tell me if you prefer customs on or off. I play both (although in 1v1s I don't tend to use Customs, Customs Mario feels DIRTY). I have University going on but I can make free time gorl! Just tonight I'll be playing @Kofu so I'll be busy like a bee for today.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Welp. I've just decided to purchase Super Mario RPG from the Nintendo eShop. It's pretty fun so far.

Maybe it's just me, but I kinda don't like the sprite art of Mario RPG.

Top Bottom