• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Hello! You guys seem insane so I think I'll fit in here. I've been lurking here for a bit.

Quick question though, you keep mentioning Zelda's elevator. What is it? some AT or something?
using Zelda's U Special to hit twice vertically (once dissapearing, once reapearing). with rage it kills really early, due to both hits being boosted in knockback and the move just being closer to the upper blast line where it kills at

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm really struggling to get the ledge trump Bair on Paletuna ;_;

I've set it to Control in Training & I've only got the sourspot once

/dearsmashdiary
I'm going to guess you aren't trumping her early enough in her ledgegrab. The sooner you grab the ledge compared to her, the sooner you can act after she's ejected.

Wow THANKS Smashboards for not letting me know my post was responded to. Yeah Smash Run is pretty fun once you figure it out. It's similar to City Trial in Kirby Air Ride which I thoroughly enjoyed.
City Trial was great. I don't like Smash Run quite as much though; the main thing I would probably point to regarding that is the inability to interfere with the other fighters during the powerup gathering process. I don't think it gives hints as to what the challenge afterward is going to be either, though I might just remember wrong (don't think I've done Smash Run since like, November).

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
City Trial was great. I don't like Smash Run quite as much though; the main thing I would probably point to regarding that is the inability to interfere with the other fighters during the powerup gathering process. I don't think it gives hints as to what the challenge afterward is going to be either, though I might just remember wrong (don't think I've done Smash Run since like, November).
That's one of my main gripes with Smash Run as well. It would have been very doable especially since it's a 3DS-exclusive mode. What I like about both modes (City Trial and Smash Run) is how absurd you can make your characters' stats. Plus I'm pretty good at getting the legendary air ride machines (the Hydra is more fun but he Dragoon is just completely OP).

Smash Run occasionally let's you know what's coming up but it's not a consistent thing. I don't think it's ever wrong when it tells you, though, unlike City Trial. You complete achievements for playing with every character and for getting all the final events.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
What about :4gaw:? You're not allowed to make a MU thread for him if you don't use him.

But it's not like anyone cares about him in this game anyway, the boards are quite dead.
I made that Extreme Judge thread because I got 9's in row with regular Judge, so I felt I sold my soul to our 2D Lord and Savior, and I wanted to contribute somehow. I don't use Him as much as I used to anymore though.

Based G&W has given me the opportunity to claim this page. The Almighty truly does work in mysterious ways.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
What about :4gaw:? You're not allowed to make a MU thread for him if you don't use him.

But it's not like anyone cares about him in this game anyway, the boards are quite dead.
I like G&W but he feels worse in SSB4. He's great for beating the fighting Mii Team and Master Core but in VS mode most of his options feel like nerfed versions of SSBB. I like his sideB custom where the number of hits is the number shown.

I wish an adventure mode had appeared in SSB4. Subspace was fun and all the custom equipment would have worked great in it.
What was Sakurai thinking with the Wii U board game Smash Tour?! :facepalm:

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I told smiley that he could have it, since mods can change the thread owners
I'm just giving you a hard time. It just seemed odd that you made it when I had never heard you say that you used G&W. But then I remembered you%re a good player and got excited.

I made that Extreme Judge thread because I got 9's in row with regular Judge, so I felt I sold my soul to our 2D Lord and Savior, and I wanted to contribute somehow. I don't use Him as much as I used to anymore though.

Based G&W has given me the opportunity to claim this page. The Almighty truly does work in mysterious ways.
I've used him since Melee and don't plan to stop. He's quirky and feels... pretty average. I think his MUs are almost all around the 60:40 area (in either character's favor) with a few exceptions.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

reminds me I have to make my daily commute the Pit boards, I wonder how dead it is compared to G&W
doesn't count if you had to edit your post

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
G&W hits you with a turtle for his bair so he's cool by default

He's not a character I'll ever play though. I feel sorry for G&W mains, the landing lag on his aerials now...usmash is pretty hype though.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
The post is still in the same place whether I edit it or not. Don't hate me just cuz you ain't me.:4zelda:
how about you go claim some lottery numbers with out buying a ticket. Your numbers can win all they want, but with out a ticket it doesn't mean anything. Your edit is like not buying a ticket, like not calling the last shot in pool, a heartless win for a coward.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
reminds me I have to make my daily commute the Pit boards, I wonder how dead it is compared to G&W

doesn't count if you had to edit your post
The post is still in the same place whether I edit it or not. Don't hate me just cuz you ain't me.:4zelda:
See @Twili or @kaazers for the Official Page Claiming Ruleset: 2015 Edition :awesome:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Mostly to @ Lavani Lavani ,

So, I tried out Bowser and something weird happened that might be specifically related to ledge attacks or just Triple D's ledge attack. Scenario: I fought a dude who switched to Triple D and frankly put, I did get bodied since I don't really know Bowser's MU on Triple D (or anyone for that matter), but I ended up losing a stock and began putting damage into Triple D. He was around 100% after I knocked him off the stage and tried to follow up, but he made it to the ledge and before Bowser turned to grab the ledge, Triple D did a ledge attack and it somehow knocked Bowser in a diagonal path away from the ledge. Can ledge attacks "meteor" or is this just part of Triple D's ledge attack properties like its angle?

Oh, and Little Mac's aerial KO Punch is pitiful. Another player probably would have killed my Ganondorf had he not used it in the air for some reason and maybe had I not traded with Ganondorf's Nair. Ganondorf's run-off ledge Uair is awesome by the way.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Mostly to @ Lavani Lavani ,

So, I tried out Bowser and something weird happened that might be specifically related to ledge attacks or just Triple D's ledge attack. Scenario: I fought a dude who switched to Triple D and frankly put, I did get bodied since I don't really know Bowser's MU on Triple D (or anyone for that matter), but I ended up losing a stock and began putting damage into Triple D. He was around 100% after I knocked him off the stage and tried to follow up, but he made it to the ledge and before Bowser turned to grab the ledge, Triple D did a ledge attack and it somehow knocked Bowser in a diagonal path away from the ledge. Can ledge attacks "meteor" or is this just part of Triple D's ledge attack properties like its angle?

Oh, and Little Mac's aerial KO Punch is pitiful. Another player probably would have killed my Ganondorf had he not used it in the air for some reason and maybe had I not traded with Ganondorf's Nair. Ganondorf's run-off ledge Uair is awesome by the way.
The attack probably stage spiked you because Bowser is so big. He was launched upwards but one of his hurtboxes bounced off the stage and boom spiked.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Ffamran Ffamran ledge attacks can stagespike in certain conditions, I've only seen examples of it with Ike's but it probably isn't character specific.

:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The attack probably stage spiked you because Bowser is so big. He was launched upwards but one of his hurtboxes bounced off the stage and boom spiked.
That's incredibly stupid since Triple D hit me with the back of his foot or whatever his ledge attack is. And then there's his hammer sucking me in when he used Jab. Seriously? What the hell kind of hammer is that? It's got a jet engine, is fire proof, and now it has a super-vacuum. Time to call Luigi and another ghost hunter from Nintendo and we can form a Ghost Busters group with those guys.

On the other hand, Bowser's landing animation and probably his weight allows him to literally tank Little Mac's Rapid Jab and Jab back. Is this Bowser specific since I just noticed his landing animation is kind of weird compared to Ganondorf.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That's incredibly stupid since Triple D hit me with the back of his foot or whatever his ledge attack is. And then there's his hammer sucking me in when he used Jab. Seriously? What the hell kind of hammer is that? It's got a jet engine, is fire proof, and now it has a super-vacuum. Time to call Luigi and another ghost hunter from Nintendo and we can form a Ghost Busters group with those guys.

On the other hand, Bowser's landing animation and probably his weight allows him to literally tank Little Mac's Rapid Jab and Jab back. Is this Bowser specific since I just noticed his landing animation is kind of weird compared to Ganondorf.
There's a tip in game that says something about Bowser having armor at lower %...that's what it sounds like to me. Idk the specifics on it though. It's probably just light armor.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I was on FG again (wanna make relays >:D) and I was playing against a Sonic, and kind of staying back and playing defensive.

We were both on out first stock, at highish percent (Like 80-90%) and then something came up IRL and I had to stop, but I wanted to finish the battle.

So I go in and elevator him, go aggro on his second stock, and elevator him again at 50% ftw.

/deardiary

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

The funny thing is even with the vaccuum effect on his rapid jab I've had a lot of characters escape it before the finisher. There's enough delay between his jabs for fastfallers to land and shield or characters like Luigi to nair, too.

I think what you're observing is the Tough Guy passive heavy armor that Bowser has. (:4greninja:'d again) Hits with light hitstun don't flinch him.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Oh I think that's DDD's D-tilt. The one in which he sort of awkwardly rolls over on the floor? Because his dash attack is when he slams his belly on the ground.

Marie Antoinette

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone

The new patch hasnt hit the wuu yet but i plan to start recording. I never got myself a capture card after YEARS of swearing id get one but uh-- ive got an iphone and an hd wire thing to display it on tv. Is there -any- way i could use any of these two things to capture whats on the wiiu? The new iphone does so many things but all i want are MY REPLAYS

for the record ive done countless google and app searches to no avail :((

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh I think that's DDD's D-tilt. The one in which he sort of awkwardly rolls over on the floor? Because his dash attack is when he slams his belly on the ground.
No, his ledge attack is this weird, penguin thing.... I have no idea how to describe it other than he probably heaves his heavy frame up and does an attack... Ganondorf's is much easier: climb the ledge, swipe the ground with his arm, and stand up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom