• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I honestly respect ZeRo as a player, but I doubt he would get as far with some mid tier character.
Well, he did say he was going to shift his focus to Captain Falcon and Shulk after Apex. Make of that what you will.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I main him too ya know and yes he can, but depends on if they reach the ledge in time
um

doing research for sheik boards atm, will get back to you on that
Don't you play :4greninja:? If you do, then you just got :4greninja:'d! :p

Cool, because a Peach recovered low and I felt like Peach was trying to go high, so I used Utilt which caught Peach before she grabbed the ledge. Speaking of ledge grabs, I hate Greninja's and Little Mac's. Sometimes no matter how close they are to the ledge and no matter if how long it took between grabbing ledges, they will not freaking reach out and grab the damn ledge. Meanwhile, Pikachu's stubby arms can be about a foot away and Pikachu will magically snap back to the ledge. ARGH!!! GAME DESIGN!!! I HAD GRENINJA'S FREAKING LEG SLAP INTO SOMEONE'S BODY AND NOTHING HAPPENED!!! GREAT ATTACK, GRENINJA SIDE SMASH! EOIHIEI FHEHIAFELHKD HDL *is dragged off to be sedated again*

Oh, and maybe something about momentum too, because I threw out Ike's Utilt once and it collided with Diddy Kong's Rocketbarrel Boost and it launched Diddy up like a rocket which star KO'd him.

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Well, he did say he was going to shift his focus to Captain Falcon and Shulk after Apex. Make of that what you will.
Ha. That's almost as funny as the 30491834803180 repeated jokes people made about the Super Bowl.

I also respect ZeRo though. That man was on a mission

Also, I'm alright with a Diddy nerf. Like maybe u-air and d-throw, and we're good

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Wow. 100k people watching apex.
And to think people said Smash isn't a "real" fighting game.
Yet the whole title of the game except the "brothers" part is violent, lol.
No really, people have never thought of smash as a real fighting game, it's pretty sad when you see how many people attend or even play the games.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Smaller hitboxes on Diddy's fair/dtilt
7~10 more frames endlag on uair, 2~3 more frames startup, remove the hitbox underneath him (seriously wtf)

I think I'd be fine with him after that

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Laggy attacks = Sealed for never broken/OP
People still complain about Shulk's "****" frame data. Meanwhile, in Ike's world. :p

Then there's Sonics who camp when Sonic has good frame data and could basically go Captain Falcon or Fox on you and run circles around you while hitting you left and right, but nope, gotta go slow.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Yet the whole title of the game except the "brothers" part is violent, lol.
No really, people have never thought of smash as a real fighting game, it's pretty sad when you see how many people attend or even play the games.
The FGC was so salty when both of the Smash games made it into Evo lol.
Smash Melee is the most current popular fighting game (besides USF4) so I don't think the community is going to fade away soon.

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
The FGC was so salty when both of the Smash games made it into Evo lol.
Smash Melee is the most current popular fighting game (besides USF4) so I don't think the community is going to fade away soon.
I suppose people are so salty about it because of the casual reputation smash has? :happysheep:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Ffamran Ffamran I know Macchiato already replied, but confirming that utilt can hit ledgesnaps.

It doesn't reach very far below the ledge though, so it has to be a pretty horizontal ledgesnap for it to work.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I suppose people are so salty about it because of the casual reputation smash has? :happysheep:
Hoo Hah certainly isn't going to help that.
I really hope the meta changes from super defensive+Diddy only before Evo comes around since top 8 was kind of dragging on when we knew Diddy was likely to win it anyways.

Soul.

Isn't the FGC like, always criticizing Smash?

Also lol people mad on Twitter because "Melee > Smash 4".

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Hoo Hah certainly isn't going to help that.
I really hope the meta changes from super defensive+Diddy only before Evo comes around since top 8 was kind of dragging on when we knew Diddy was likely to win it anyways.
Right? This Hoo Hah crap is really getting to me though. I saw something on TV that said " Doo Dah" and I read it as " Hoo Hah ". Terrible.

Thank god the final wasn't a Diddy ditto though, as someone else already mentioned. My favorite moment was when Dabuz made that great comeback with the nerfed Olimar.

Sounds like Dedede.
T'is why the Monado boy has the disjoint to compensate for this... weird standard for frame data. And monado arts which **** up every mechanic and number in all of his moves in a good way mostly (slightly in a bad way too)

But hey, air slash is amazing. Like, really amazing

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
But hey, air slash is amazing. Like, really really really really really really really really really really really really amazing.
Had to edit your post a little. Air Slash saved me in a BUNCH of situations and has such good kill potential. You can even use it to end a combo!

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
@ MDAVE MDAVE
I was wondering, considering you main both Ike and Shulk, how would you compare the two?
Would you say that Shulk is just an Ike with less power, more mobility and a stat changing gimmick?

Ike has a much more consistent neutral game. Shulk's is situational for the most obvious reasons.

Ike consistently has more power in general. Shulk can switch to having more power or more knockback. Shulk can also choose to have more mobility. What I think Ike has over Shulk is ease of use and neutral game consistency. Shulk is the virtualization of duct tape

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
whee missed this

People still complain about Shulk's "****" frame data. Meanwhile, in Ike's world. :p

Then there's Sonics who camp when Sonic has good frame data and could basically go Captain Falcon or Fox on you and run circles around you while hitting you left and right, but nope, gotta go slow.
Ike's frame data is quite a bit better than Shulk's, really. 7f bair that autocancels from a shorthop and kills really well, 7f dtilt that starts combos, and similar speed tilts that actually have power stand out in particular. Shulk takes a lot of time to both start and end attacks and doesn't have much power backing the hits; his fastest aerial is his 13f nair, and I'm pretty sure none of his stuff autocancels from a shorthop.

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
@ MDAVE MDAVE
I was wondering, considering you main both Ike and Shulk, how would you compare the two?
Would you say that Shulk is just an Ike with less power, more mobility and a stat changing gimmick?
Oh that's pretty simple, I used to actually main Ike in Brawl, and he just feels right to play in Smash 3DS. But I do way, WAY better with Shulk in Smash WiiU. And yes! Shulk feels like Ike with less power but more combo power instead because of his lower knock back attacks. You basically change back to power with Smash MA though. As in, killing potential haha. He's faster, more mobile and sword fighters work the best for how I play. :) I tend to use a lot of air game, I like using jumps and their air game has almost the same range, which works for me just fine.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I really want to see more Ike in particular, personally. I'm awful at playing the character, but I love watching him.

I wouldn't complain about more Shulk either, but I'm nowhere near as crazy about him despite the intricacies of monado arts.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I can confirm this, unfortunately '^_^

Still, Shulk and Ike are viable. I hope they got more screen time this year
Knowing people and how the world work... It's probably not going to happen. We need a really good player to breakout or something. Even though characters can be proven to do things, people will stick to whoever is the "best". I mean, Luigi gained attention, but there are like 3 Luigis that I know of and like at least 5 Diddys. Add the masses and yeah...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I mean, Luigi gained attention, but there are like 3 Luigis that I know of and like at least 5 Diddys. Add the masses and yeah...
I just want to mention again that 8 known Luigis made it out of Apex pools; the third most represented character in that regard. False, LOE1, Boss, J Miller, Thunderst0rm, BelaC, Mr. ConCon, and 2Fast.

Last edited:
Knowing people and how the world work... It's probably not going to happen. We need a really good player to breakout or something. Even though characters can be proven to do things, people will stick to whoever is the "best". I mean, Luigi gained attention, but there are like 3 Luigis that I know of and like at least 5 Diddys. Add the masses and yeah...
Eh, we'll see. At least 1 or 2 is fine. You'll never know what happens in the future. Some top tier character may be kicked to bottom out of no where because reasons but idk.

There were 2 Shulks that made it out but I haven't heard much. At least it's good to know that there was representation of Shulk in APEX (Badabada and Ally)

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Uploaded a Zelda video so I figured I would share it with the sisters. The quality is not the best since I don't have a capture card tho :/

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Just received the call that classes are cancelled tomorrow :bee:
But seriously though, this snow storm is kind of ridiculous.
Stay safe everyone.

Edit: Mango, Leffen MM starting now!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom