• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Skill Inheritance is Bait confirmed, wtf.
Everything in FEH is bait. See that pixel in the lower left corner near the center of the options menu? That's bait. :p

Anyway, I really like NY M!Corrin being a 40% bonus unit who you can get early on. It might not happen again, but it's pretty helpful for people who haven't been able or can't get the other 40% bonus units or even a 20% bonus unit like they don't have an Alfonse, Anna, or Sharena at a high enough level or straight up don't have anyone who's a bonus unit. As for seals, well, Arvis can run Atk/Spd/Def/Res ploy now with his Valflame, a Spd Ploy C-skill, and a Def Ploy seal. You'd need to sacrifice a Deirdre, but -4 Atk/Res and -5 Spd/Def, though. QR being a seal was going to happen eventually and I was thinking about having Lukas inherit Guard 3 first before QR 3 since I'm okay with him finishing off enemies on another turn since I generally use him as a physical wall. There are times where I like having Obstruct on him, but Guard is more practical to ensure people can't power their way through his defense. Hmm, maybe I should give him Berkut's Lance one day just for kicks.

Also, I've seen this a couple times, but Valter's been said to be the next GHB re-run. If it's true, well, I hope he also comes with the ability to refine his Cursed Lance. I'm almost done building Valter where he mainly needs Reposition or Swap and Goad Fliers or something else since his health drain from Cursed Lance conflicts with Panic Ploy with having a healer to keep his health up. The one thing I'm waiting to decide on is if I should give him Ignis for a gimmicky build where he doubles and hopefully kills someone and has a Ignis charged and Vantage ready for the next battle.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Valter is confirmed to be the next GHB rerun, but it won't start until February 2nd

In other news, my Caeda now has every single inheritable sword in the game. I don't have the SP rn to learn all of them, but she does have them inherited. That's fun, I guess

I'll have to take pictures of her chibi with all of the swords and make a collage

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Valter is confirmed to be the next GHB rerun, but it won't start until February 2nd
I figured Zephiel would return first, but whatever, and Valter would return after the current banners are over and probably when the Valentine's banner will be up. I hope the Valentine's banner is made up of Duessel, old man Eliwood, Garon, Gunter, old Hector, Jagen, Niime, Wrys, or anyone who is old(er). :p

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
QR as a seal is crazy, but probably won’t blow up the meta like everyone is thinking it will. I mean we get meta-breaking seals every other tempest it seems
We may start seeing Hector run other weapons though, since it may put him at a bigger advantage to run Slaying Axe with Vantage/QR/Bonfire
Also, Ephraim can refine his weapon then run QR, so he can double all the time which is probably what I’ll go for

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
My face irl after I see all the dumb QR Seal shenanigans I could've done if I just waited 3 hours. I could've ran a QR3 seal on Felicia and gave her Bond Atk/Res but I guess that's not happening. I was only using Fury 3 because the SPD would kinda be needed to double a bunch of enemies.

EliminatedHeaux.png

But despite being so powerful, it's not too much of a game changer when put into practice instead of just theory crafting. It seems like just another way to make defense stronger and it also gives another small reason for Firesweep weapons to exist since they're "avoid gimmicks 4 free" type of weapons. Firesweep is still kind of garbo, but meh, maybe they'll be better somedaaaaaay. I would really like a Firesweep Axe unit. Dart would honestly be perfect for such a thing since he was a super berserker/strong+fast+frail pirate boi.

IS PLS

In other news, my Caeda now has every single inheritable sword in the game. I don't have the SP rn to learn all of them, but she does have them inherited. That's fun, I guess

I'll have to take pictures of her chibi with all of the swords and make a collage
D O ~ I T

I figured Zephiel would return first, but whatever, and Valter would return after the current banners are over and probably when the Valentine's banner will be up. I hope the Valentine's banner is made up of Duessel, old man Eliwood, Garon, Gunter, old Hector, Jagen, Niime, Wrys, or anyone who is old(er). :p
I would gladly take another Zephiel. Maybe they'll rerun him when they add his weapon to the refinery list. I suppose they'll just do 2 or 3 additions slowly through the months to add content without actually adding content. :^)

It'd be nice if his sword had a Def Ploy type of effect without the res requirement. Maybe even a cute lore-based effect when he's 2 spaces within Dragons like Atk/Def Bond.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so i have already hit 21k in the tempest trial, and i fully upgraded the qr seal

but now that the warriors maps are gone, it's going to be awful grinding up sp on caeda for all of the swords she has to learn. i literally need 3000 sp to learn them all ripriprip

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
so i have already hit 21k in the tempest trial, and i fully upgraded the qr seal

but now that the warriors maps are gone, it's going to be awful grinding up sp on caeda for all of the swords she has to learn. i literally need 3000 sp to learn them all ripriprip
The lvl 35 TT thing is pretty good tbh. Usually in the Warrior maps we get around 24 enemies so it's double the stamina but at least the same payout. Chain Challenges on easy mode have 40ish lvl 35 enemies if you choose the combined chapter challenges.

I used TT for Micaiah and HM grinding for my other gorls while I watched White Collar. She really is a fun character. Hitting a horse emblem heaux for 99 damage is wondrous. rip Sanaki tho. She'd be way better if her tome had a 1.5x dmg boost vs horses when upgraded to kind of mimic her prf tome's original effect (it was just a standard fire effective vs beast laguz but still). So Drive Atk 2 and horse slayer. Imagine how great it would've been to have a useful red tome user that wasn't using Thotja or a Blade Tome. They dropped the ball on her tbh.

I want more magic users who are good because of something besides generic gimmicks like Colorless Tanking or Owl tome shenanigans. On the plus side, I could run Raven Tome + Bowbreaker + QR3 Seal on Sanaki so I can actually use her. I love how the new seal basically spells the end for Bowlyn. Now if only I had more than a few Setsunas. :C

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
College started back up today and I signed up for a programming class (it's pretty low-level to learn the basics), but we aren't allowed to use computers at ANY point in the class. To write our programs, we have to literally write them out on paper. Is this normal or is this just another case of every school in my area being stuck in 1960.

@ QR seal, idk why people are claiming "SUBAKICIDE IS OVER!!!!!" when you only get 1 copy of the seal just like every other seal. You get to save the life of 1 Subaki, he's still going to be great fodder. I mean I killed one of to give Boey QR less than a week ago but I'm fine with since there isn't much else he would run in his B slot anyways except for maybe Bowbreaker, and this way he can run Close Defense on his S slot. I may give the QR seal to Eph because of what Burgundy said earlier (and then continue to run Guard on his B slot to lol at specials and Aether as his special so that he can be healed up to spam Guard and QR as much as possible).
Lorde Lorde what color badges do you need to upgrade the QR seal? Hopefully it isn't white because I still haven't recovered from upgrading a bunch of other white seals.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Did some summoning today
>Goes for Micaiah
>No Blues
>Goes for Zelgius to avoid colorless hell

Of course i have the best luck with Reds. Even if i basically already have him. Won't complain though.

>Uses remaining orbs
>Goes for Micaiah
>A few random three-stars later

I mean, it wasn't Micaiah but Nephenee is still a great Blue unit so we take those.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lorde Lorde what color badges do you need to upgrade the QR seal? Hopefully it isn't white because I still haven't recovered from upgrading a bunch of other white seals.
it needs red badges, so hopefully you're all set with those

The lvl 35 TT thing is pretty good tbh.
that's kinda lame, but i guess i don't really have any other choice

i know some people use the chain challenges to grind sp, but i'd rather not

and it's worth mentioning that the new squad assault is the easiest yet

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently Wary Fighter and QR seal can work together where I think the post said the knight still has be able to double their attack. For Hector, he just needs his Armads: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...y_fighter_only_cancels_one_of_the_qr_effects/. That's pretty interesting. Now watch refined Armads have built-in Vengeful Fighter. :p

Edit: I'm really loving A Place Further than the Universe (Sora yori mo Tooi Basho). I only knew about it from it being name-dropped in thread about Yuru Camp and so far, I feel like I would have made a mistake not adding it to my MAL list and watching it. Apparently it's produced by Madhouse, the same studio that did Death Parade. Watching it, I couldn't place where I've seen its art style until I remembered Death Parade and checked who produced it.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Nep Nep.

I don't want to go back and find whatever post you talked about it, but I gotta disagree with you on the Vol.1 pack. Got two Sargent Electros, my first Super Rush Headlong and Sphere Kuriboh, and a second Wall of Disruption.

Like, it's full of staples that a lot of people have, but if you don't already have those staples it was certainly easier sniping and getting lucking here than in four separate main boxes.
That's fine, I did manage to get Mirror Wall from that box, so I'm happy with that; gonna be trying to get one more Mirror Wall from it, or maybe I'll get lucky and get Kunai With Chain. :secretkpop: (Though I only have about 4 more attempts. smh)

Also, we got another Gift Giveaway going on in DL.

Day 1: 200 Gems - 20,000 Gold - 2,000 Keys
Day 2: Sword of Deep Seated - Cards from the Sky - 1 Rare Ticket
Day 3: 100 Gems - 10,000 Gold - 2 SR Jewels
Day 4: Guardian of Felgrand - Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane - 10,000 Gold
Day 5: 100 Gems - 10,000 Gold - 30 Duel Orbs
Day 6: Sword of Deep Seated - Cards from the Sky - 1 Rare Ticket
Day 7: 500 Rare Jewels - 2 SR Jewels - 1 UR Jewel
Day 8: 300 Light Jewels - 300 Dark Jewels - 300 Earth Jewels
Day 9: SR Ticket - SR Ticket - SR Ticket

I think I know what I'm going with for Days 1, 3 and 5. :secretkpop:

Also, we'll be getting Tag Duels soon and Yugi Muto appearing. :yeahboi: (Someone did datamine the game to find out that Solomon, Marik Ishtar, Yubel and Zane will be playable soon.)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hahaha! My luck with greens is so dumb. I figured since I have a ton of orbs, I might as well just do a full summon because I wanted another try at getting Micaiah, Sothe, or Zelgius. Two greens, two reds, and one blue. Guess who didn't show up?
3* Cherche: +Def, -HP.

5* Dorcas: +Spd, -Res. The opposite of what I wanted, but it's Dorcas and now I have a Distant Counter axe unit.

3* Gwendolyn: +Atk, -Spd.

4* Laslow: +Res, -Atk.

4* Seth: +HP, -Def.

Anyway, it was confirmed that Dark Souls: Remastered won't have cross-platform multiplayer which doesn't surprise me since I don't think any of the other Dark Souls games had cross-platform multiplayer. I guess people just had their hopes up for something and while it might be possible for a future Dark Souls game to have that, I don't think a remaster would. Also, I hope a new Armored Core or whatever FromSoftware game comes soon than Dark Souls IV. And Nintendo's announcing something for the Switch later today. I wonder what it is.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Honestly, cross platform multiplayer was before, and is still because thanks to the switch, rather hard to do. FPS/performance differences can do alot to these games.

Like how you lost double durability, because of the fps difference alone at launch was silly.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
only nintendo would be like, "we have something new to announce!!!" and have it be literal cardboard

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
tbh, when nintendo tells you to lower your expectations, people should really lower them.

that robot game looks interesting though
looks like it was based on that project robot game from e3 a couple years ago

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
idk who to +10 anymore. I have a +5 Nowi atm and gave her Steady Breath/Infantry Pulse while I was drunk or something apparently. pls save me.

I think I'll work on Tiki tho since she's one of the few characters who isn't hard to pick between using for fodder or merges. I think I'll just go for +5s tbh since +10 is like a marathon and I don't have feathers for that since I rotate characters so frequently. rip

only nintendo would be like, "we have something new to announce!!!" and have it be literal cardboard
nintendo y r u lik dis

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
It’s not just the cardboard lol. It includes switch software, which is always around $60, so the cardboard stuff is around $10-$20. Plus, there’s a ton of tech involved with the cardboard that lets it work with the games, the piano being one of the more interesting ones

Compared to the expensive toys kids can get nowadays (LEGO and Barbie sets that run for nearly $200, etc.), this is pretty cheap. There’s probably gonna be cheap replacements for the cardboard stuff for when they inevitably break from kids being kids

I think it’s a really interesting idea and parents with young kids will probably have a lot of fun with it. Definitely seems like something that really needs kids and parents to play together with, and hopefully people will do that.

Anyways @ any of the people genuinely upset for some reason

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Burgundy Burgundy it's an interesting idea, yes, the problem is the price tag. Like, i'm pretty sure that the cardboard isn't that special, the infrared cameras on the Joy-Cons can likely detect the stuff even if it was bought at Home Depot.

Nintendo Labo does make a nice Christmas gift for kids, i will admit.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Burgundy Burgundy it's an interesting idea, yes, the problem is the price tag. Like, i'm pretty sure that the cardboard isn't that special, the infrared cameras on the Joy-Cons can likely detect the stuff even if it was bought at Home Depot.

Nintendo Labo does make a nice Christmas gift for kids, i will admit.
Not saying the infrared stuff is enough to justify $70, I’m saying it’s enough to justify the extra $10 that also includes all the cardboard used to make the toys
Kids absolutely have been given way more expensive gifts by their parents.
Anyways, point is it’s meant for kids, so all the people I’ve seen complain on Twitter are probably not who they’re marketing to but can’t grasp the concept of that and will act like Nintendo is force-feeding them this

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh hey, Burgundy Burgundy 's here. I've been checking your NY M!Corrin every now and again and thinking to myself, "Wow, Burgundy's going ham on Corrin." :p

He's inherited so many skills in a short time and learned them all. Kind of jelly about him having Distant Def 3, though... If only I had more than one Celica and a Rhajat. So, what are you planning to do with him?

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh hey, Burgundy Burgundy 's here. I've been checking your NY M!Corrin every now and again and thinking to myself, "Wow, Burgundy's going ham on Corrin." :p

He's inherited so many skills in a short time and learned them all. Kind of jelly about him having Distant Def 3, though... If only I had more than one Celica and a Rhajat. So, what are you planning to do with him?
I’ve got a few builds planned. I would have given him new bows but I don’t have Setsuna or Niles/Leon right now, and I’m saving my orbs for the legendary banner. But I had an extra Celica and a Katarina sitting around for weeks, so I figured he’d like their skills for certain builds.
Apparently his defense is the highest for an archer? At least at neutral, idk. That’s tempting me to give my last Takumi for Close Counter, but I kinda like Takumi. I’ll think about it. Also Guard Bow build, for maximum tankiness
I think he could also run Watersweep very well, since dragons are being so annoying. Usually I have Berkut who can handle it, but sometimes he can’t and I don’t like having to bring him along just to counter them.
Also hopefully the legendary banner has Gaius so I can get his bow, it would help and it’s also ice cream so bonus points

Also yeah he has a ton of SP cause I grinded my way to the 5 star Corn almost immediately that day...and since I used the second one to learn some extra skills, he has a ton of SP leftover. Right now he’s at 3000

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently his defense is the highest for an archer? At least at neutral, idk. That’s tempting me to give my last Takumi for Close Counter, but I kinda like Takumi. I’ll think about it. Also Guard Bow build, for maximum tankiness
Yeah, he has the highest neutral defense for an archer currently. Gordin (32) and Halloween Jakob (33) come in third and second, but they have their own issues like Gordin has 5 less speed than NY M!Corrin and Halloween Jakob is a seasonal unit and an armored archer. Both of them also have much higher health than M!Corrin, so they are overall more bulky, but as I said, they have their own issues to deal with.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so i'm really tempted to give my summer corrin flier formation because i don't have a use for elincia now that caeda is my permanent red flier

the only reason i haven't yet is because elincia has hone fliers and i don't want it to go to waste since i can't inherit both flier formation 3 and hone fliers from her

should i just wait because i could definitely see them releasing flier formation as a seal

or i guess i could just wait for another elincia banner too

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
The more of the new Dissidia I see the more I want it even though I don't have a PS4 oops.
From what I've seen so far, I think I would main either Bartz or Terra, they both seem pretty fun. I hope I can try it out sometime soon.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde using Elincia as fodder is illegal tho.

Also wtf is this new banner? I'm gonna be spamming reds for the TA fodders and precious boy Hinatas. Hopefully +def/-spd Tiki comes by too.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
:nifty: :eek: :4pacman:
(Hint. What do the first letter of each emote spell out? :secretkpop: )

Been looking through some of the palletes for the characters in Touhou 15.5 to help me choose who to main.
I did find out that Kasen does indeed have a Meiling palette, but I've had no luck with finding a character with a Komachi palette (The closest one I think I found was for Sukuna). But I did find some pretty cool palettes that some of the characters have:

Reimu has some referencing Flandre and Cirno and even a Mima pallete.

Yukari has a Patchouli palette (Chen becomes Remilia and Ran becomes Sakuya). She also has a Yuyuko palette where both Ran and Chen gets Youmu palettes.

Doremy gets a Clownpiece palette which looks nice; Reisen gets an Eirin palette, one based on her old palette from Hisoutensoku, and a pallete on Kaguya as well.

Marisa obviously has an Alice palette. :secretkpop:

Also, I had a horrendous run in PVP Ranked in DL. At first, I went 5-3 which ain't too bad, but then it got worse; I went 1-5 and dropped back down to Plat 2 again in the same day. :V

smh. I'm going to probably work on a new deck, mainly a Hazy Flame deck since I'm getting rather tired of this happening. (Also, I managed to get Yuki-Onna as well. Now I just need to get some Floodgates to make my Ghostrick deck work, or hopefully I can find some alternatives.)

Also, since I've seen people talking Nintendo Labo. Lemme give my honest opinion about this:

I genuinely like it. Not because of it being new, but more or less on how playful and interesting it is.

As someone who has taken Design for 2 years at University, this really peaks my interest; the simplistic design and the way that the Switch works and reads the different objects that are made such as the piano and house are really damn interesting and amazing.

It promotes playfulness and it's incredibly simplistic for something this complex; I mean, wow Nintendo. Designers would definitely get a huge smile off of this.

Last edited:
i watched the first episode of violet evergarden

so far.... it's not that great imo. idk if i wanna watch the second episode. at least the animation is top notch

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Phew, I gotta say, 70$ for An entire game collection based of different cardboard games, and the cardboard in addition sounds pretty awesome. My brother's wife is trying to get pregnant lately, so I feel like that could be a nice gift, once their toddler would be old enough, of course.

Atleast it's nicer than giving a 5 yer old a goddamn iphone, as it seems to be a trend lately.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lorde Lorde using Elincia as fodder is illegal tho.

Also wtf is this new banner? I'm gonna be spamming reds for the TA fodders and precious boy Hinatas. Hopefully +def/-spd Tiki comes by too.
I really want flying healer Elincia tbh

But this new banner gives me hope for Caeda being a focus sometime in the future, especially if they do an “emblem buffs” one. I’ll have to hoard as many orbs as possible for that day. This actually has really helped with motivating me to keep saving

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
This new banner is weird, but I like it. Waiting for the Corrin banner IS, get on it
I also pulled a Setsuna which is great so now my Corrin has Guard Bow+ wooo

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I really want flying healer Elincia tbh

But this new banner gives me hope for Caeda being a focus sometime in the future, especially if they do an “emblem buffs” one. I’ll have to hoard as many orbs as possible for that day. This actually has really helped with motivating me to keep saving
flying healer when

This new banner is weird, but I like it. Waiting for the Corrin banner IS, get on it
I also pulled a Setsuna which is great so now my Corrin has Guard Bow+ wooo
I was going to build Precious Boy Corrin with a Guard Bow too.

I was thinking:
Guard Bow w/ Def
Close Counter
QR3whenIget20kfeathersagain
Threaten Spd or Atk
Close Def 3 seal

He'd have 43 Def regardless of the range. The other option is to do triple Distant Def with DD3 and the DD3 seal. That way he'd have 55 def but 36 res. Unless I give his bow +res then it's 52/39 defenses which are pretty good I guess.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
flying healer when

I was going to build Precious Boy Corrin with a Guard Bow too.

I was thinking:
Guard Bow w/ Def
Close Counter
QR3whenIget20kfeathersagain
Threaten Spd or Atk
Close Def 3 seal

He'd have 43 Def regardless of the range. The other option is to do triple Distant Def with DD3 and the DD3 seal. That way he'd have 55 def but 36 res. Unless I give his bow +res then it's 52/39 defenses which are pretty good I guess.
That’s exactly what I’m doing, except ill probably keep his Spur Def/Res
Same for the Triple DD. He can be a great BLyn counter that way. Or something like
Guard Bow+ w/Def
Distant Defense
Guard
C Skill
Quick Riposte seal

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Y'all like anime? Here are Crunchyoll's anime awards. Let's see what they got

• Never seen Acca
  • Why is Magus Bride there? 40 seconds of the OP just consists of Chise being all depressed. During those same 40 seconds, the background is just black. The song isn't that great either.
  • Not an AoT fan
  • My Hero Academia had some good OPs this year. The general opinion is that Peace Sign is better than Sora ni Utaeba but i actually prefer the latter. The Day is still the best though.
  • Has plans to watch Princess Principal. I heard the OP is one of those that's entirely in English.
  • Don't know what that last one
Honestly, i would replace the Magus Bride OP with either the Dragon Maid OP or the Konosuba 2 OP.

You'd think the Blend S OP would be on here considering how much it was memed.

I've only seen Dragon Maid out of the six here and i generally skip endings so.....Dragon Maid wins.
I wish the Umaru 2 ED got nominated. That one was really fun to watch.

Why is Your Name on there? Fantastic movie but it's also from 2016.

This is really just between Your Name and A Silent Voice (also fantastic). The others lose by default.

Have seen none of these

• Yo, Made in Abyss had a real nice OST. It was like something out of a top-tier JRPG soundtrack.
  • Little Witch Academia also had a real nice OST.
  • Magus Bride's music was alright.
Haven't seen the rest.

• KyoAni's got two entries with A Silent Voice and Dragon Maid, that's not fair. Fantastic animation to be found in both.
  • My Hero Academia 2 had great animation but only when it really mattered. Otherwise, it was fine.
  • Little Witch Academia has some real good animation. It was all very smooth and expressive.
It either comes down to Dragon Maid or LWA for me.

MHA because it's the only one i've seen out of these six.

Made in Abyss for me. When it got dark, it got dark. And just the general atmosphere and premise was great.
Am i missing something with Magus Bride? It's getting all these nominations that i disagree with.

• Dragon Maid had some great scenes of comedy
  • Get that Osomatsu-san trash out of here
  • Little Witch Academia also had good comedy
  • Konosuba 2 wins by default.
  • I enjoyed Gamers but i wouldn't give it a nomination for best comedy (though it does deserve it more than Osomatsu-san).
  • Never watched Tzusure Children
I'd replace Osomatsu-san, Gamers, and Tzusure Children with Gabriel DropOut, Aho-Girl and Blend S.

Ahhh, i can't choose between Girls' Last Tour and Interviews with Monster Girls. The former was really philosophical at times and the latter was just so nice to see.

Haven't seen the others on here but i'd replace Kemono Friends with Konohana Kitan. Really liked that show.

• March comes in like a Lion should not be there. Heard good things but it's too recent.
  • Naruto Shippuden ended already
  • You can't have Detective Conan but not One Piece

• Uraraka had some real good moments and she's my favorite girl from MHA.
  • Chise is too boring to be even considered.
  • Haven't seen MMO Junkie
  • People are into lolis appearntly
  • Akko was one of my favorite anime characters of 2017. I can relate.
  • Tsu is another fan favorite and even got her own episode

• Yo, Todoroki was real good in the 2nd season
  • Who?
  • Deku wins for free unless he gets sabotaged because he won last year
  • Kazuma is always great to see. Konosuba 3 when?
  • Fafnir was also great
  • Who?

• What i've said about Akko before applies here.
  • Who?
  • Does Deku win for free again?
  • Ok, Nanachi is great but wouldn't it make more sense to nominate Riko or Reg?
  • Who?
  • WHY IS CHISE ON THERE WRYYYYYYYYYYY

• Stain beats everyone except Bondrewd
  • Who?
    Bondrewd beats everyone except Stain
  • The villain from Magus Bride might've been interesting but i dropped the show since i didn't care anymore.
  • Who?
  • Who?
It's really just between Stain and Bondrewd.

Made in Abyss is my personal pick. The entire premise is so interesting and the world honestly gave me a Xenoblade vibe. The characters are also great.
Little Witch Academia and My Hero Academia were close seconds for me. The latter had one of the greatest fight scenes ever and the former was just real nice to watch.

Also wtf is this new banner?
TFW i have everyone on the new banner. The 4* Focus is a really good idea that i want to see more of though.

Phew, I gotta say, 70$ for An entire game collection based of different cardboard games, and the cardboard in addition sounds pretty awesome.
And there's even a cheaper method of getting Nintendo Labo. Turns out that Nintendo will offer the materials for free, though i'd imagine there's a catch. Maybe they won't look as nice? The real question is, can the game be bought seperately, which i would imagine yes.

i watched the first episode of violet evergarden

so far.... it's not that great imo.
I disagree. One episode in and Violet's character already has me interested. Here we have a girl whose only real purpose was to be used as a weapon. As a result, she doesn't really know what emotions are and she becomes a ghostwriter to find out what emotions are (ghostwriting is actually a real profession, thanks anime for teaching me something new). And the Victorian London aesthetic (is that right?) is nice.

I actually did watch the second episode earlier this week and it's still got me hooked. The entire thing is just interesting.

at least the animation is top notch
On this, we can agree.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Y'all like anime? Here are Crunchyoll's anime awards. Let's see what they got

• Never seen Acca
  • Why is Magus Bride there? 40 seconds of the OP just consists of Chise being all depressed. During those same 40 seconds, the background is just black. The song isn't that great either.
  • Not an AoT fan
  • My Hero Academia had some good OPs this year. The general opinion is that Peace Sign is better than Sora ni Utaeba but i actually prefer the latter. The Day is still the best though.
  • Has plans to watch Princess Principal. I heard the OP is one of those that's entirely in English.
  • Don't know what that last one
Honestly, i would replace the Magus Bride OP with either the Dragon Maid OP or the Konosuba 2 OP.

You'd think the Blend S OP would be on here considering how much it was memed.

I've only seen Dragon Maid out of the six here and i generally skip endings so.....Dragon Maid wins.
I wish the Umaru 2 ED got nominated. That one was really fun to watch.

Why is Your Name on there? Fantastic movie but it's also from 2016.

This is really just between Your Name and A Silent Voice (also fantastic). The others lose by default.

Have seen none of these

• Yo, Made in Abyss had a real nice OST. It was like something out of a top-tier JRPG soundtrack.
  • Little Witch Academia also had a real nice OST.
  • Magus Bride's music was alright.
Haven't seen the rest.

• KyoAni's got two entries with A Silent Voice and Dragon Maid, that's not fair. Fantastic animation to be found in both.
  • My Hero Academia 2 had great animation but only when it really mattered. Otherwise, it was fine.
  • Little Witch Academia has some real good animation. It was all very smooth and expressive.
It either comes down to Dragon Maid or LWA for me.

MHA because it's the only one i've seen out of these six.

Made in Abyss for me. When it got dark, it got dark. And just the general atmosphere and premise was great.
Am i missing something with Magus Bride? It's getting all these nominations that i disagree with.

• Dragon Maid had some great scenes of comedy
  • Get that Osomatsu-san trash out of here
  • Little Witch Academia also had good comedy
  • Konosuba 2 wins by default.
  • I enjoyed Gamers but i wouldn't give it a nomination for best comedy (though it does deserve it more than Osomatsu-san).
  • Never watched Tzusure Children
I'd replace Osomatsu-san, Gamers, and Tzusure Children with Gabriel DropOut, Aho-Girl and Blend S.

Ahhh, i can't choose between Girls' Last Tour and Interviews with Monster Girls. The former was really philosophical at times and the latter was just so nice to see.

Haven't seen the others on here but i'd replace Kemono Friends with Konohana Kitan. Really liked that show.

• March comes in like a Lion should not be there. Heard good things but it's too recent.
  • Naruto Shippuden ended already
  • You can't have Detective Conan but not One Piece

• Uraraka had some real good moments and she's my favorite girl from MHA.
  • Chise is too boring to be even considered.
  • Haven't seen MMO Junkie
  • People are into lolis appearntly
  • Akko was one of my favorite anime characters of 2017. I can relate.
  • Tsu is another fan favorite and even got her own episode

• Yo, Todoroki was real good in the 2nd season
  • Who?
  • Deku wins for free unless he gets sabotaged because he won last year
  • Kazuma is always great to see. Konosuba 3 when?
  • Fafnir was also great
  • Who?

• What i've said about Akko before applies here.
  • Who?
  • Does Deku win for free again?
  • Ok, Nanachi is great but wouldn't it make more sense to nominate Riko or Reg?
  • Who?
  • WHY IS CHISE ON THERE WRYYYYYYYYYYY

• Stain beats everyone except Bondrewd
  • Who?
    Bondrewd beats everyone except Stain
  • The villain from Magus Bride might've been interesting but i dropped the show since i didn't care anymore.
  • Who?
  • Who?
It's really just between Stain and Bondrewd.

Made in Abyss is my personal pick. The entire premise is so interesting and the world honestly gave me a Xenoblade vibe. The characters are also great.
Little Witch Academia and My Hero Academia were close seconds for me. The latter had one of the greatest fight scenes ever and the former was just real nice to watch.
Well, the anime of the year ofc is...
YURI ON ICE! Jokes aside, I just hope this time they'll find a better way to rate it...

Top Bottom