• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Honestly I just wanted to build a good healer now that they’re decent again, and I’m bored with the Maria and Sakura that I’ve had for ages. Serra has funny quotes and I had a +Spd/-HP one and plenty of feathers. Right now the plan is Atk+6 and maybe Wings of Mercy, but I might do the Speed+3 Seal instead, and if I ever get a bad natured Genny, I’ll give her Wrathful Staff and give her weapon the Dazzling upgrade
The 2.00 update really helped out the healers. Plus versions for their staves and heals were good, but the weapon refinery and Loki introducing the idea of legendary staves being really good made it even better. L'Arachel being either a healer with Latona or a mage with Ivaldi would be great either way.

I feel like the Dazzling Staff refinement option is the most versatile compared to Wrathful Staff for the current staves since I don't know what limitations they would put on legendary staves considering Loki's Thokk already has Wrathful Staff built-in. Even when Dazzling Staff is introduced on a regular healer who might even be a 4* to 5* summonable unit after their banner, being able to refine a weapon so that the opponent cannot counterattack is very powerful. For healers with high attack and/or speed, Wrathful Staff would let them do a ton of damage without fear, but at the same time, for all healers, they can chip damage everyone without fear while packing a B-skill for whatever situation. Granted, you need a plus staff, so you need a 5* healer in some way.

As for Serra, yeah, she's fun and funny. You could give her a ploy skill as well considering her high resistance if you don't want to run her default Hone Attack or whatever else.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking about how Azama with a Dazzling Staff refined Pain+, Fortress Res 3, a resistance-based ploy skill, and Panic Ploy seal would work out. His irrelevant attack makes the Fortress skills' attack penalty pointless and with Fortress Res 3, =Res Azama would have 30 resistance while +Res Azama would have 34 resistance. This is on top of his neutral 43 HP and 32 defense. Refined staves don't give increased HP and the speed bar is much higher, but he might be fine for modes outside of arena.

Also, there's this thread comparing the plus versions of the heals if anyone's interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7gbl3l/comparing_healing_power_of_upgraded_heals/.

Edit: Page steal. Guess who's getting a remaster? Sir Daniel Fortesque from the MediEvil series.

Speaking of older games, does anyone remember the Maximo games? I've played, but never beaten the first and I'm pretty sure I've played the demo of the second game.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Gorl, even +spd Caeda (who is points faster than +spd F!Corrin) runs QR because mages and swordlords are so stupidly fast that it’s the only way to actually double them. I mean, run whatever you want on Corrin, but QR is definitely not a waste.

If you’re going to use her as a player phase unit, then that would justify not using QR, but like, QR is still one of the best skills in the game
I love QR too but Corrin is just so weird. A!Tiki can have the same damage soak as Corrin with the same refining and build. But in this scenario I only had 1 extra Steady Breath and Tiki has it. The 2nd best option is Dark Breath and DC using a 2-turn proc skill and QR3. Working with a speedy physical tanker is a pain since low ATK is a given.

A!Tiki is amazing and straight forward which is why I gave her Steady Breath. Corrin is just a mess.

Honestly I just wanted to build a good healer now that they’re decent again, and I’m bored with the Maria and Sakura that I’ve had for ages. Serra has funny quotes and I had a +Spd/-HP one and plenty of feathers. Right now the plan is Atk+6 and maybe Wings of Mercy, but I might do the Speed+3 Seal instead, and if I ever get a bad natured Genny, I’ll give her Wrathful Staff and give her weapon the Dazzling upgrade
+SPD for out current staff gorls doesn't do much offensively, but it's a good secondary stat option. +ATK is fantastic. At least until our healer gorls can get access to some better passive skills.

For Serra mine is +ATK/-RES, Gravity+ w/ standard Wrazzle Dazzle and Savage Blow 3*2. She messes up heauxes and deals just enough damage to other heauxes to make them easier to kill, then I can use Draw Back or Reposition to keep Serra alive. Pain+ is the stronger AoE nuke but not as safe for her to use since the enemy will have full movement. Slow+ or Fear+ aren't too shabby either since they inflict -7 SPD or -7 ATK over a big AoE and have 12MT. Absorb+ is kinda garbo but it has built in Breath of Life 3 so that's amazing for a constant AoE healing build.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
also, did cody reform or some ****?
Wasn't Cody a regular guy before whatever happened in Final Fight. I'm a search bar away from figuring out who he was, but from what I heard, he only went to jail because he got bored and started fighting too much, right? Huh, that sounds like Terry if he went down a bad road. Unrelated, but SFV's art style and Cody's suit makes him look like someone from Saints Row.

Sakura's looks cool and her trailer song is great. I never liked her schoolgirl outfit, so this new outfit looks nicer. Blanka and Sagat are coming back where Sagat's outfit from what is shown in the little portrait reminds me of Starkiller's heavy training gear from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It's the bandages and cloak, scarf thing he's wearing. Hmm, maybe Sagat went to the mountains or somewhere to train.

The new characters, Falke and G. I think I've seen Falke before. Yeah, she's from...
Ed's story mode ending.

Looks like she's using a staff of some sort.

As for G, I swear if that actually stands for Gettysburg. Part of me feels like he's going to be related to Q in someway. Welp, I'm interested in Falke, Sakura, and SFV Sagat.

SFV: AE looks like a step in the right direction of polishing the game up, but the early previews and findings has made me a bit disappointed for Juri. Everyone gets new, fancy second V-Triggers and a move here and there like Nash getting his Somersault Shell or Justice Shell as it's called as part of his second V-Trigger. Juri? No new moves and her second V-Trigger is a 2-bar, proximity-based meter drain that seems to drain pretty fast and from what I remember reading, does not work if your opponent is in a throw animation, while they're blocking, and a bunch of other caveats that have lead people to compare it to F.A.N.G's first V-Trigger, but if it didn't do damage. On paper, it seems powerful even with the checks against it, but Juri players have noted that it's not good with Juri who has trouble staying close to opponents when she has to store charges for three moves and in general, doesn't have the frame data to keep constant pressure up close. Cammy, Ken, Rashid, etc. would probably be much more dangerous with it.

At least her first V-Trigger became 2-bar which isn't much since it doesn't really fix the problems Juri players have been complaining about and which nobody knows if it has been addressed. I'll just have to see when AE is out since her frame data, presumably like everyone else's, has been changed. For example, one of her target combos works on crouching opponents now instead of whiffing since the second hit is a high-angled kick that looks like it could hit crouching opponents up close, but doesn't in the current game.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
snow is literal garbage
I mean, garbage is still garbage, even if you don't visit the landfill :^)
Hey man, when you live in the hot desert that is Florida, you'll be wishing that garbage fell from the sky every day.
I am well aware that Florida is a swamp but it's not like that really makes a difference.

Admittedly, the temperature is like 50 degrees today and i'm very thankful for it because cold>>>>>>>>hot.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon everyone. How're you all doing? :4zelda:

I'm now at Chapter 5 of Xenoblade 2. And I'm still really enjoying it, the landscapes are beautiful; I still love the battle system and it's still incredibly fun. :yeahboi:

Also, the 2nd part of the Marik Event is just the Rare Hunters spawning again, not much there. But it's a good way to get the EX Jewels for losing to Marik. I might just constantly brick against Arkana in hope of getting Anti-Magic Arrows, since it'll be faster then just trying to get 7000 Points constantly against him (Seriously, I was farming him 10 times yesterday, didn't drop a single AMA; it was that cumbersome), hopefully the Marik that appears is Lv. 40, so that way I can just lose to him constantly in hopes of Ra's Disciple. (Yes, I do plan on making a Winged Dragon of Ra deck, it looks like it'd be fun. I'll just need to get some support to help out with it.) I'll most likely just focus on leveling up Mai for now (She's my 2nd highest leveled Duelist at Lv. 27 now behind Bastion who is at Lv. 30), just so I can get Gems for a Hazy Flame deck for farming.

I do like how Sakura looks in SFV. I will admit, when I saw her design; I thought she looked like either a stewardess or an aeroplane pilot, but Max thinks she looks like an E-Sports commentator in her outfit, she still looks great and I will admit; Sakura is one of my favourite SF characters, along with Juri. I also have a feeling the character G could be Q.

If you look at G, it kind of looks like he has the same body structure as Q did, plus with him having one letter as his name makes me think he could as well be him. Just a hunch though (He might have the same moveset as him which would be amazing, but I doubt it. He seems like more of a magician, so maybe we'll see some niche magic tricks from him? Or he'll just throw his weight around like Q does in SF3).

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
sfv is looking pretty sick ngl
Yeah, I'm sure the accompanying rootkit in the Arcade version will be even more fun than the one they put in the original.

But seriously, that really soured me on ever getting a Capcom game for the PC again.

also, did cody reform or some ****?
Maybe he's the new mayor?

I do like how Sakura looks in SFV. I will admit, when I saw her design; I thought she looked like either a stewardess or an aeroplane pilot, but Max thinks she looks like an E-Sports commentator in her outfit, she still looks great and I will admit; Sakura is one of my favourite SF characters, along with Juri. I also have a feeling the character G could be Q.
She looks pretty classy / professional, and she's got an inexplicable microphone attached to the side of her head.

Clearly, she's a pop idol :p

But yeah, commentator / host sounds like a good bet.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hey man, when you live in the hot desert that is Florida, you'll be wishing that garbage fell from the sky every day.
I am well aware that Florida is a swamp but it's not like that really makes a difference.

Admittedly, the temperature is like 50 degrees today and i'm very thankful for it because cold>>>>>>>>hot.
I would gladly trade you. I would love to die from the heat instead of being so cold I can't move my fingers.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm on Ch.9 in Xenoblade 2. I couldn't really find any more quests in
Indol
so i just decided to go on with the plot.
Also, the World Tree theme is really nice.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Snow is super great because it's pretty and fun to walk/roll around in. But it also forces more bugs to come inside and I've seen 11 various bugs today. But 2 of them are stink bugs and they eat other bugs, so rip to those other heauxes who're trying to get all up in my business.

Also I like stink bugs because they are nice and cute and mind a human's personal space (and don't smell unless you're EVIL and kill them or leave them dead somewhere for a while). Unlike ladybugs who are smol+cute, but also the Mean Gorls of the bug world because they bite and don't gaf about you, your space, or your belongings.

Maybe he's the new mayor?
Cody is a beefy boy who likes to brawl, so he can be anything he wants because he's secretly a good boy. Even after the alleged jail time. And the knife thing. And fighting for fun. He looks pretty cute all cleaned up. No longer the bad good brawly boy, just the good good mayor boy.

pls elec, pls protec

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin - Femui is that tanky speedy gorl with good overall stats outside of res. Mine is +atk/-res and It might be because I gave her the summoner bond buff +3 merges, but she hits 53 hp/46 atk/43 speed/41 defense with the build I have been most using. Def refined lightning breath/bonfire/spd3/vantage/hone atk/spd3. I like the versatility of speed 3 because she can be good on player or enemy phase. Add in a +2 from a support partner and whatever normal buffs (hone speed) and she's kinda crazy imo. She can also dominate non-arena stuff with tweaks like distant defense or seal resist.

I haven't used dark breath in a while due to the littany of brave cancers in arena. Vantage/bonfire synergizes well when she can't kill, but everyone has bad res so her low attack isn't nearly as bad as it seems.

That said, I'm constantly flipping between tier 19 and 20 so I dunno if you're higher.

Alternatively, you run fury instead of the first spd3 and she gets "better," but I did it for a while and only got frustrated by how much extra damage she was taking.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin - Femui is that tanky speedy gorl with good overall stats outside of res. Mine is +atk/-res and It might be because I gave her the summoner bond buff +3 merges, but she hits 53 hp/46 atk/43 speed/41 defense with the build I have been most using. Def refined lightning breath/bonfire/spd3/vantage/hone atk/spd3. I like the versatility of speed 3 because she can be good on player or enemy phase. Add in a +2 from a support partner and whatever normal buffs (hone speed) and she's kinda crazy imo. She can also dominate non-arena stuff with tweaks like distant defense or seal resist.

I haven't used dark breath in a while due to the littany of brave cancers in arena. Vantage/bonfire synergizes well when she can't kill, but everyone has bad res so her low attack isn't nearly as bad as it seems.

That said, I'm constantly flipping between tier 19 and 20 so I dunno if you're higher.

Alternatively, you run fury instead of the first spd3 and she gets "better," but I did it for a while and only got frustrated by how much extra damage she was taking.
She was great as a +SPD Triangle Adept type of dragon gorl. But the buff to the breaths made them very powerful and now Corrin's flexibility is more of a hindrance. Her attack stat is just low enough to suck and need some sort of crutch.

No matter what she's netting less kills than all the other dragon gorls, but since she's a dragon gorl she's still mid tier at worst. Can't really go wrong with a dragon, especially with Bow!Lyns running around.

Anyway I put her on the back burner for now until something like Steady Breath or Heavy Blade (for DEF) comes out. Right now I'm working on Husbando Hinata because he is a precious boy and his special attack face is basically male Oboro so that's S+ tier spooky/amazing. A +DEF/-RES one fell into my army and I gave him Slayer+, Bonfire, Close DEF, QR3, and Threaten ATK.

So if you fight this precious boy you have to chip away at his 55 DEF at melee range when I refine his weapon or 43 DEF at range and he'd have 47HP/52HP so maybe I should give him Infantry Pulse (RIP MUSCLE XANDER).

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Nowi and Fae are way too slow though. Corrin's best attribute is her speed and at 43 speed + any buffs, she gets to double everyone that isn't broken speed tier (cough Ayra cough)

It's probably the fact that mine is +atk/summoner bond and that gives her +6 that I find her attack good (far from amazing). But I find her to be much better than the other dragon gorls.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Got the third Poppi.
This is what happens when you get her:
IMG_20171211_160612.jpg
Tora seriously gets a sword 3 times bigger than he is. This game makes no sense and I love it.
Oh yeah and this sword also has a Break and Launch art lel

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
f!corrin is literally the worst manakete by a decent margin tho

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Got the third Poppi.
View attachment 134402Tora seriously gets a sword 3 times bigger than he is. This game makes no sense and I love it.
Tora is amazing and he is shaped like a friend no matter what weapon he's carrying.

pls i mus get a plushie tora 2 hug bcuz he is 2 preshus

Nowi and Fae are way too slow though. Corrin's best attribute is her speed and at 43 speed + any buffs, she gets to double everyone that isn't broken speed tier (cough Ayra cough)

It's probably the fact that mine is +atk/summoner bond and that gives her +6 that I find her attack good (far from amazing). But I find her to be much better than the other dragon gorls.
QR3 means she doubles stuff automatically and her DEF can be made absurd instead.

With the defensive stacking options available, we can now make DEF that stacks up or belittles most forms of offenses. Why deal 20 damage and take 20 damage when you can deal 10 dmg + nuking bonfires and take 0~5 damage? :^)

f!corrin is literally the worst manakete by a decent margin tho
ur not wrong :secretkpop:

But still, dragon gorls are mid tier at worst. DC + great bulk = recipe for success. Corrin is the lamest one because of her ATK stat but Triangle Adept patches her up. A team of Corrin, Tiki, Fae, and bonus unit/infantry pulse would be ridiculous to deal with and would cover most bases.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Got the third Poppi.
View attachment 134402Tora seriously gets a sword 3 times bigger than he is. This game makes no sense and I love it.
I willingly clicked on that spoiler but it's ok because there's literally a Heart-to-Heart in Lefthiria that foreshadows this (what happens if you get the third Poppi and then do the Heart-to-Heart?)

I was expecting Tora to get a third Poppi though. Wouldn't make sense if he was technically stuck with just two Blades while everyone else gets to use three.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i may have wasted all of my orbs trying to get a soleil to give the firesweep sword to caeda

i did end up getting her (she was +res -spd or something) and a random neutral ryouma (merged into my atk -hp one), but now i'm a poor, orb-less gorl :'(

also i exclusively sniped red and didn't get a single caeda wtf IS pls

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, that looks clunky. I just looked up what the character swap looks like in FFXV and like a lot of the stuff that happens in FFXV's combat from what I've seen, it forces an animation to play out where the character basically teleports in. I get why the developers chose to do this so that you don't swap to a character in the middle of a dangerous situation, but it just looks clunky and kills the pace of the battle, especially since the animation plays each time unlike the Paradigm Shift in FFXIII which is a different thing, but if you do it once in a battle, the animation never plays again.

A simple, but not flashy approach would be FFXII's character swap where the game pauses allowing you to see what is going on. For FFXV where it's in real-time and is an action RPG, time pausing for a character switch would be really helpful since you wouldn't have to worry about switching to someone and getting blindsided because they were about to get hit or something. Alternatively, they could have just slowed down time.

Also, Ignis apparently can cook in the middle of combat when you control him: https://youtu.be/AlMJpaqtjjo?t=26https://youtu.be/AlMJpaqtjjo?t=26.

Back with the SFV: AE talk, I decided to check out Sakura's Japanese trailer and at first I thought that her Japanese voice actress was really fluent in English, but nope. Her Japanese trailer uses the exact same sequences as her English trailer where only during the cinematic parts, so the fight introductions and her Critical Art, does Sakura and everyone else for that matter speak in Japanese. Making trailers is time-consuming, but considering the developers probably have access to a build that has everything, part of me wonders if they couldn't have just set up the inputs for the moves she would be doing and record it two times for the English and Japanese lines. Or they could have voices muted and have the sound designers add them in manually. It's not a big deal, but it was interesting to me.

Sakura's Japanese trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUnIls9FqGE. And English trailer that Nammy linked yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WABWyJ45XCo.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I got 1670 rank in cumulative score for the voting gauntlet lol.
ty 7x multipliers

Also, this fits way too well

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Tharja winning the gauntlet was totally expected, but still dumb

She shouldn’t have even been in it in the first place

It should have been couples like Sigurd/Deirdre and Marth/Caeda, but IS decided to put the creepy lovers like Rhajat/Tharja/Faye in the gauntlet instead because ???

All I want is more Caeda banner pls IS (iirc the only one she has been on was the Flier Buffs one)

Edit: Caeda was actually on the Navarre GHB banner too, but who would even know that

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Block A is 50% yandere, 25% stupid, and 25% incestuous; spooky and/or gross kind of enduring love. Block B is the good kind of enduring love. Caeda could be in Block B, but they probably wanted more husbandos so they chose Marff over Caeda.

tbh Caeda would've made more sense but 6 waifus and 2 husbandos isn't fair.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Smfh loving your wife is an infinitely better character trait than creepy stalker and abusive mother

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think I'm headed down the slippery audiophile slope.

I probably shouldn't be; I'm actually really happy with how the earphones I bought turned out, in both appearance and sound quality. But listening to things like the Xenoblade OST in FLAC, I find myself thinking things like "I bet this could sound just a bit more crisp if I dropped some more dosh."

I'm still cagey about the idea of getting cans though (I've never worn a pair that didn't hurt my ears), nor am I really stoked about the idea of dropping $100+ on new earphones when I just bought a pair.

Why can't I just be content with Mechanical Rhythm finally sounding like a proper song instead of a wall of noise

Tangentially related, is there a music player for android that both supports vgm and has an equalizer? As far as I can tell, I only get the former with DroidSound, but it doesn't seem to have the latter and I don't think external apps work with it.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

I probably shouldn't be; I'm actually really happy with how the earphones I bought turned out, in both appearance and sound quality. But listening to things like the Xenoblade OST in FLAC, I find myself thinking things like "I bet this could sound just a bit more crisp if I dropped some more dosh."

I'm still cagey about the idea of getting cans though (I've never worn a pair that didn't hurt my ears), nor am I really stoked about the idea of dropping $100+ on new earphones when I just bought a pair.

Why can't I just be content with Mechanical Rhythm finally sounding like a proper song instead of a wall of noise

Tangentially related, is there a music player for android that both supports vgm and has an equalizer? As far as I can tell, I only get the former with DroidSound, but it doesn't seem to have the latter and I don't think external apps work with it.
I understood some of those words.

As for music players, poweramp has an equalizer.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
(what happens if you get the third Poppi and then do the Heart-to-Heart?)
I liked the post and didn't even see this part, oops.
The third Poppi is obtained from a sidequest, not the story. The sidequest won't pop up until you view that H2H, so... yeah.
I'm not sure what role to give to the third Poppi. With the first using the Tank Mod, and the second having the Evasion Mod, I may go for another Tank Mod since that's kinda Tora's job but the third Poppi comes with an Attack Mod so maybe I should build her more offensively?
She comes as an Ice element which I think I'm going to swap out for Wind.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lavani Lavani PowerAMP is fine for me. It's a decent music player that's pretty cheap and has a few skins. But... I don't think they're adding features. Tho it already has a lot, a speed modifier or segment selecter would be nice. I like to loop a certain 1-2 minutes of a song when learning it so it'd be cool to have that option.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I liked the post and didn't even see this part, oops.
The third Poppi is obtained from a sidequest, not the story. The sidequest won't pop up until you view that H2H, so... yeah.
I'm not sure what role to give to the third Poppi. With the first using the Tank Mod, and the second having the Evasion Mod, I may go for another Tank Mod since that's kinda Tora's job but the third Poppi comes with an Attack Mod so maybe I should build her more offensively?
She comes as an Ice element which I think I'm going to swap out for Wind.
Ah, so it's not story-related. Where do you find the sidequest? I'm guessing Tora's house.

Edit: nvm i found it. It was indeed at Tora's house.

Second edit: Welp, looks like i'm not getting the third Poppi for a while. I need Lv.5 Forestry and my only two Blades who have it are Dahlia and Vess. I think combined, they can reach Lv.5 but that's gonna take a little while.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon everyone. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my meeting with my TA today and gonna be attempting to do some more work today.

Tomorrow I'll be going to have my first filling as well, so wish me luck on that.

Btw, I think I've managed to make some decent Farming Decks too in Duel Links; though one seems to be only very good against Arkana (Lv. 20).

Monsters:
x2 HF Sphinx
x3 HF Cerberus
x1 HF Peryton
x1 Crystal Seer
x1 Big Koala
x1 Super War Lion

Spells:
x1 War Lion Ritual
x1 H - Heated Heart
x1 Mausoleum

Traps:
x3 Beast Rising
x3 Jar of Greed
x2 Hazy Glory

Skill: Aroma Strategy

This deck isn't as viable as compared to Gunsblazing's farming deck; as that one has an extra copy of Sphinx, Peryton, a 6 Star Ritual Beast and 2 more Crystal Seers; so having to use Jar of Greed instead to help circumvent this issue with the deck. So far, it has been okay at farming, I have bricked a few times due to the deck and misplayed as well against Lv. 40 Marik due to clicking too fast. But it has been successful against Lv. 40 Bastion (I managed to get a 2nd Spirit Barrier from him which I'm all for); but this deck does score around 7400 Points.

Monsters:
x1 Crystal Seer
x1 Des Kangaroo
x1 Pirahna Army
x1 Beastking of the Swamps
x1 Master of Oz

Spells:
x1 Parallel Twister
x2 Super Rush Headlong
x3 Enemy Controllers
x1 Gift of the Martyr
x1 Magical Mallet
x1 Polymerization

Traps:
x3 Jar of Greed
x1 Windstorm of Etiqua
x1 Overwhelm
x1 Champion's Vigilance

Skill: Elements, Unite!

This deck is only for farming Arkana (Lv. 20), once you get Gate Guardian out, he will only ever set his Monsters.
If you get Crystal Seer on the field, be careful of clogging up your field; which is where Parallel Twister comes in, once you've flipped summon Crystal Seer, that's when you can use Parallel Twister to get rid of Crystal Seer so you can unclog your field for a successful farm.

If Arkana sets 2 Cards, it's always best to attack with Gate Guardian so you can activate his face-down card which sets it to Face-Down Defense. Also, make sure you at least take out every monster he sets one by one. Three Jar of Greeds are there due to not having Shard of Greed, but it does help with the farm and allows you to catch up with him before he decks out.

Once you've cleared his field and you got Master of Oz and Pirahna Army out. You'll easily get 7600 Points from this; only reason I have Super Rush, Windstorm, Overwhelm and Champ's Vigilance are mainly for filler. Enemy Controller is there incase Arkana flips summon Trap Master.

I am curious on what changes you'd recommend to my Hazy Flame deck, since I am lacking gems for the Marik farm to go successfully (I want those Ra's Disciples dammit!)

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Ayyy just listen to My Bloody Valentine or other shoegaze bands who are intentionally trying to make a wall of noise and you won't have to worry about it, that's what I do.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The new Winter skins for OW are cute thooooo. Also here's trash baby. His tire is an inflatable duckie tube pls save me omg.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What headphones have you tried or used before? Also, do you wear glasses?
I ask since there are two types of headphones: circumaural (over-ear or full-sized) and supra-aural (on-ear). In-ear and earphones are headphones, but they're exactly what they are and I would say different enough that I shouldn't need to talk about them. Anyway, of the two types of headphones, supra-aural, on-ear headphones sit right on your ears and that can be discomforting because of the pressure on your ears. If you wear glasses like I do, then it might start to hurt sooner since your ears are being smushed between the temples of the glasses frame and the headphones. That being said, it might depend on the person and different ear pads can make it less or more comfortable. The bright side of on-ear headphones is that they're usually smaller and lighter than circumaural, over-ear headphones, so they're easier to bring with you. That doesn't mean there aren't compact over-ear headphones and personally, I'd rather bring earphones with me if I'm going anywhere as they're even more compact.

Okay, so circumaural, over-ear headphones sit around you ears meaning they don't put pressure on your ears, but that doesn't mean some people will find them more comfortable than on-ear headphones. Aside from some padding being crappy, they're still putting pressure on your head, so you might feel discomfort because of that or it's just personal tastes like some people just do not like wearing headphones at all. For example, my glasses are still pressed by my over-ear headphones and they do hurt after a while, but not as quickly as the over-ear headphones I have. Makes sense since it's just headphones pressing onto the temples of my glasses instead of sandwiching my ears between headphones and glasses. As noted above, they can be bulkier, but if you're only using them at home or you don't care, then that won't matter.

Also, for both, if you don't wear glasses or need them while using them, then it might be less discomforting while wearing either. I used to use my on-ear headphones for my 3DS and I don't really need glasses to see what's on the screen, but the synthetic leather of my over-ear headphones started tearing really badly and sticking to stuff, so I've switched to using my on-ear headphones for my laptop. I could buy new ear pads for the over-ear headphones, but the thing's fairly old and was $20 from what I remember.

Now, onto buying. You don't really need to dump around $100 for headphones, especially if you don't feel comfortable wearing headphones and just got earphones that are good enough for anything really. Considering that you mentioned your ears hurting, I would suggest that you try on some headphones if you have a store around you that lets you do that or ask your friends if any of them own headphones and would let you try them on. Otherwise, I would suggest getting over-ear headphones because they wouldn't be pressing on your ears like with on-ear headphones.

Things to keep in mind are closed and open headphones. Exactly what they mean; closed headphones tend to isolate very well while open headphones tend to leak out sound more easily. Sound quality is another thing, but you're going to need to read up on them. So, things like are they considered bass-y, warm, etc. And wiring since some headphones have permanently attached wires while others are detachable.

Headphones that I remember reading up as being under $100 are Superlux's HD 668B, HD 681 and its newer version, the HD681 EVO. The HD 668B and HD 681 are both semi-open while the HD 681 EVO is closed. All three are around $30 to $40 and people have recommended also getting velour pads to replace the stock pads of the HD 668B and HD 681. The HD 681 EVO apparently comes with extra velour pads, so there's that. The HD 668B comes with a detachable wire which is pretty sweet for a dirt cheap pair of headphones.

Similar to the Superlux headphones are Samson's SR850 for $50 or less -- $33 on Amazon for instance. A thread on Head-Fi says they're OEM versions of Superlux's headphones and Superlux's headphones themselves are based on AKG or they're OEMs of AKG's... Uh... Whatever, good budget headphones. Also, semi-open like the Superlux HD 668B and HD 681.

And there's Sony's MDRV6 and the MDR7506. Both are around $80 and are closed. They're the famous headphones used by DJs and professionals that were introduced in 1985. I reckon they're still used by professionals if they're not using other headphones.

If you really want a pair of "beater" headphones, then try the Koss UR-20. That's the $20 pair of over-ear headphones I've used for a while -- I think for 4-5 years by now. The UR-20 is big, durable, and comes with a long cable; 8ft (2.43m) according to Koss's website. By beater, I mean like if you were learning how to drive a manual car and you wanted something that doesn't cost much so you wouldn't have to deal with the fact you were practicing and possibly killing an expensive car. In this case, here's a pair of decent headphones that if you really don't like, you can just toss and forget.

And check out Head-Fi, a site and forum all about headphones that has budget recommendations, buying guides, reviews, etc. They know headphones better than I do and there are some other sites as well that I don't remember.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Ah, headphones. Also known as "those things that break when you least expect it, even if they were literally working just fine minutes earlier because **** you".

I know that if i buy a more expensive set of headphones/earbuds, it'll last longer but see, that requires me to have a budget.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
As for music players, poweramp has an equalizer.
Lavani Lavani PowerAMP is fine for me. It's a decent music player that's pretty cheap and has a few skins. But... I don't think they're adding features. Tho it already has a lot, a speed modifier or segment selecter would be nice. I like to loop a certain 1-2 minutes of a song when learning it so it'd be cool to have that option.
My only gripe is it doesn't seem to support vgm rips (formats like .bcstm, .cfn, etc.), so I'd have to convert a whole lotta stuff. I guess that's an option still if I can't have my cake and eat it too, it looks good aside from that one problem.

What headphones have you tried or used before? Also, do you wear glasses?
I ask since there are two types of headphones: circumaural (over-ear or full-sized) and supra-aural (on-ear). In-ear and earphones are headphones, but they're exactly what they are and I would say different enough that I shouldn't need to talk about them. Anyway, of the two types of headphones, supra-aural, on-ear headphones sit right on your ears and that can be discomforting because of the pressure on your ears. If you wear glasses like I do, then it might start to hurt sooner since your ears are being smushed between the temples of the glasses frame and the headphones. That being said, it might depend on the person and different ear pads can make it less or more comfortable. The bright side of on-ear headphones is that they're usually smaller and lighter than circumaural, over-ear headphones, so they're easier to bring with you. That doesn't mean there aren't compact over-ear headphones and personally, I'd rather bring earphones with me if I'm going anywhere as they're even more compact.

Okay, so circumaural, over-ear headphones sit around you ears meaning they don't put pressure on your ears, but that doesn't mean some people will find them more comfortable than on-ear headphones. Aside from some padding being crappy, they're still putting pressure on your head, so you might feel discomfort because of that or it's just personal tastes like some people just do not like wearing headphones at all. For example, my glasses are still pressed by my over-ear headphones and they do hurt after a while, but not as quickly as the over-ear headphones I have. Makes sense since it's just headphones pressing onto the temples of my glasses instead of sandwiching my ears between headphones and glasses. As noted above, they can be bulkier, but if you're only using them at home or you don't care, then that won't matter.

Also, for both, if you don't wear glasses or need them while using them, then it might be less discomforting while wearing either. I used to use my on-ear headphones for my 3DS and I don't really need glasses to see what's on the screen, but the synthetic leather of my over-ear headphones started tearing really badly and sticking to stuff, so I've switched to using my on-ear headphones for my laptop. I could buy new ear pads for the over-ear headphones, but the thing's fairly old and was $20 from what I remember.

Now, onto buying. You don't really need to dump around $100 for headphones, especially if you don't feel comfortable wearing headphones and just got earphones that are good enough for anything really. Considering that you mentioned your ears hurting, I would suggest that you try on some headphones if you have a store around you that lets you do that or ask your friends if any of them own headphones and would let you try them on. Otherwise, I would suggest getting over-ear headphones because they wouldn't be pressing on your ears like with on-ear headphones.

Things to keep in mind are closed and open headphones. Exactly what they mean; closed headphones tend to isolate very well while open headphones tend to leak out sound more easily. Sound quality is another thing, but you're going to need to read up on them. So, things like are they considered bass-y, warm, etc. And wiring since some headphones have permanently attached wires while others are detachable.

Headphones that I remember reading up as being under $100 are Superlux's HD 668B, HD 681 and its newer version, the HD681 EVO. The HD 668B and HD 681 are both semi-open while the HD 681 EVO is closed. All three are around $30 to $40 and people have recommended also getting velour pads to replace the stock pads of the HD 668B and HD 681. The HD 681 EVO apparently comes with extra velour pads, so there's that. The HD 668B comes with a detachable wire which is pretty sweet for a dirt cheap pair of headphones.

Similar to the Superlux headphones are Samson's SR850 for $50 or less -- $33 on Amazon for instance. A thread on Head-Fi says they're OEM versions of Superlux's headphones and Superlux's headphones themselves are based on AKG or they're OEMs of AKG's... Uh... Whatever, good budget headphones. Also, semi-open like the Superlux HD 668B and HD 681.

And there's Sony's MDRV6 and the MDR7506. Both are around $80 and are closed. They're the famous headphones used by DJs and professionals that were introduced in 1985. I reckon they're still used by professionals if they're not using other headphones.

If you really want a pair of "beater" headphones, then try the Koss UR-20. That's the $20 pair of over-ear headphones I've used for a while -- I think for 4-5 years by now. The UR-20 is big, durable, and comes with a long cable; 8ft (2.43m) according to Koss's website. By beater, I mean like if you were learning how to drive a manual car and you wanted something that doesn't cost much so you wouldn't have to deal with the fact you were practicing and possibly killing an expensive car. In this case, here's a pair of decent headphones that if you really don't like, you can just toss and forget.

And check out Head-Fi, a site and forum all about headphones that has budget recommendations, buying guides, reviews, etc. They know headphones better than I do and there are some other sites as well that I don't remember.
I've tried both circumaural and supra-aural, various sets I wouldn't remember the names of in the $20-50 range over the years (I have Sennheiser HD 202s sitting next to me (circumaural but still sits on the edges of my ears and applies quite a bit of pressure (also sounds really muddy and ugh, I wouldn't like them even if they were comfortable[/i])). Stretching them over a box with the intent of seeing if they're more comfortable loosened up properly right now. I also have some logitech supra-aural, but I'd prefer the better sound isolation of over-ear if I were to buy a new set of cans.

I have glasses but rarely ever wear them, and never in situations I'd be wearing headphones.

The Bosshifi B3s I bought last week are honestly great (for $35, would highly recommend. Great pair of in-ears), so while I do feel a desire to upgrade, I'm mostly happy with the sound signature and whatnot...which pushes me towards thinking I should be going more expensive rather than putzing around with other cheap-but-different options, and the B3s can be my beaters. With that in mind, it's a question of "In-ears, or cans?", and either way I did already have things in mind.

If I go with cans, I'm thinking Bosshifi B8; ~$60-80, still has the wood paneling which I'm a sucker for aesthetically, reviews well, and has brand loyalty going for it on my end. I'm paranoid they're going to have the same issue with putting pressure on my ears though, they aren't very big and look similarly shaped to my HD 202s. I don't think they're something I'd be able to try out anywhere, unfortunately, but going off what I currently have makes me feel iffy.

As for higher quality in-ears, I'd probably go with Toneking Nine Tail. Looks like they're going back on sale from some sellers today, so they'd be around ~$100. Design's unique, based on various comments it sounds like I'd need to jump to $200 for LZ A4s to soundly beat them (which isn't happening), and while their base sound signature looks good already, I like that they have filters available for tweaking that. Price tag and having just bought in-ears are the two main deterrents, but as mentioned the B3s could just be my beaters.

The third option's to stick with what I just bought and not try to find a shiny new thing already. Which is probably the smartest option. Which means it's probably the option I won't pick.

I've been lurking Head-Fi (and reddit, and a few review sites I don't remember offhand) hard since Thanksgiving, haha. That's where I'd found out about what I'd bought and what I've been looking at.
tl;dr if I'm making another purchase, I did already have things in mind, but my outer ears are pretty pressure-sensitive in general I guess so I think cans are gonna be a crap shoot regardless. Making a last attempt to make what I have fit properly before I fully commit to anything, but I like portability so I'd probably prefer in-ears regardless, but I also like not spending money so I should probably just be happy with what I just bought :177:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin i just got junkrat's new skin in my free lootbox lol

i hope yew get him, gorl
I already did because he is a precious good husbando and came home in the 2nd lootbox. The Beachrat skin is even at a higher tier than McAbs or Mei's Lunar Newyear stuff. srsly 2gud

Tanlines
Sunscreen
Ponytail
No soot/ash
Visor
Duckie tube
Water wingies
Itty bitty beachballs
1 sandal

2op pls ban

Top Bottom