• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ryuga was the one that blocked me. Anti never blocked me iirc

:150:
Out of the Smash community I was blocked by Pixel, not the Ryu player, but a girl called Pixel I have no idea who she is or what did I do to deserve getting blocked.
I don't think anyone else has me blocked, Smash or not.
:196:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Out of the Smash community I was blocked by Pixel, not the Ryu player, but a girl called Pixel I have no idea who she is or what did I do to deserve getting blocked.
I don't think anyone else has me blocked, Smash or not.
:196:
I remember when lowtiergod blocked me along with half the smash community lmao

:150:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gyarus. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Wow, that's good. I only managed to get to Plat 1 once.

How's the Water Tower going for you? I finally finished it last night.
I finished the Water Tower last week I believe; managed to get 3 copies of each of the Water Dimension cards, minus Sirenorca. My overall thoughts on the tower were it was a pretty good; I did like it quite a bit, it was engaging, interesting and the cards you could get from it were what kept me coming back to it. And I had plenty of Potions to just run through it; though I will admit, some of the monsters that ran Evil Dragon and that 2900 Beater were really annoying to defeat. But I did get to it in the end (Also, I managed to get a Prismatic Gishki as well. Even though Gishki seems interesting, they're not viable yet due to them lacking more of their archetype). Sirenorca however seems like it'll be very useful in Mako Decks with Legendary Ocean, you pretty much end up with a Level 3 2400 Beater.

I have managed to get Bastion to Lv. 20 now; gonna try and get him to Lv. 40 before the EXP Boost event has finished. Speaking of which, do you know what would be a good deck for Bastion Buddhahobo Buddhahobo ? Since I do want to try and run him; I was originally thinking of running a Naturia Deck with him, so I can get say a 2700 Stag Battle with Gaia Power; but then again, they can easily get disrupted and power crept on by Phoenix, CA, Ninjas, etc. (It will be a pain to deal with them, so I'll either stick with my Phoenix Deck for him, or just go and save up some Gems, and try and go through either of the boxes and hope I get Crystal Seer for my Phoenix Deck and try and get the essentials for a farming deck too. :V)

Btw, finally at Chapter 4 of Xenoblade 2; and I will admit, Chapter 3 caught me by surprise. It had quite a bit of build up too which I'm really happy for. Gonna try and make some progress with it, I also noticed that I haven't been playing Ultra Sun that much now, I'm just taking my time with it; maybe it's because I want to explore a bit or I feel like I'm getting burnt out on Gen 7, even though there's gonna be tons of post game stuff plus VGC to go through. :V

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Xenoblade 2 Ch.5 spoilers below but it's vague as possible so it's not really a spoiler but i'm marking it as one just in case
*gets to the end of Ch.5*
*fights boss*
Alright, who at Monolith Soft thought it was a good idea to bring back Spike Damage? That was one of the worst parts of the original game. To kill this boss, you have to kill it with a Chain Attack, so make sure to burst at least two orbs.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
my ideal caeda is +spd -def, and with summoner support, the spd weapon upgrade, and +10 merges, she reaches 49 unboosted spd, which is insane. fury brings her up to 52 spd, and L&D3 would be 54 lol
+Spd -def Caeda is amazing, great choice.

The one problem with -def with last update is that now she can't tank dragons. I'd honestly run the numbers and see what -HP or even -ATK come out to, seeing how she's mostly dependent on her special for damage anyway.

who uses anything but quad-caeda???
> still uses Armorslayer+
> Sees Armor Henry or Hector
> *laughs in Caeda*

ayt. i dunno the age of nia so to be safe, i switched back to mythra
I'd accuse Mythra of trying to cuckold her sister by having sexe with her friends, if it weren't for the fact she's horrible at basically any social interaction that can't be solved with orbital bombardment.

(Also, I managed to get a Prismatic Gishki as well. Even though Gishki seems interesting, they're not viable yet due to them lacking more of their archetype).
Gishki is one of the archetypes I was hoping they put into the game, so the rewards for the Water Tower were a lot better imo than the Fire Tower.

My biggest problem were the D.D. Invaders. Not because they were particularly difficult, but because they just would not stop showing up every 2-3 duels. It's nice that beating them replenished your LP, but they probably more than tripled the amount of duels I had to complete to get from floor 20 to floor 30.

I have managed to get Bastion to Lv. 20 now; gonna try and get him to Lv. 40 before the EXP Boost event has finished. Speaking of which, do you know what would be a good deck for Bastion Buddhahobo Buddhahobo ?
I haven't even managed to get him yet. IIRC, all of his skills involve activating field spells at certain LP thresholds, which isn't really something I make use of. Not really sure what would work best on him.

Rant in spoilers:
Honestly, I don't really like the GX world all that much. Much like the actual game when GX came out, it's too hyper focused on particular archetypes and that makes building decks that will even do the bare minimum (i.e. increasing your rank so you can unlock other characters) something you have to invest gems into just to get a halfway decent deck.

Like, I have no interest in Elemental Heroes, but I have to spend gems to make a EH deck for Jaden because (a) his skills are otherwise useless and (b) if I don't, I can't unlock characters everyone else in GX. Chazz comes with Armored Dragon cards and has special animations for the XYZ machines, but all of his skills are useless outside of the Ojama archetype. It doesn't help that the game only registers monsters fused with polymerization as fusion monsters, which is just stupid; I run a light machine deck on Tea and Chazz, and there's no reason XYZ Dragon Cannon shouldn't count as a fusion summon for the duel.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

The one problem with -def with last update is that now she can't tank dragons. I'd honestly run the numbers and see what -HP or even -ATK come out to, seeing how she's mostly dependent on her special for damage anyway.
Yeah, spd is probably her best boon because the spd tiers get so competitive once you hit the upper echelons of the arena

I haven’t done the calcs yet, but I would assume -hp is probably best now because she’s so fast that she’s not going to be doubled ever. Dragons making def a bad dump stat is really dumb imo

My current Caeda is +hp -def and she’s still really good. I can’t remember if I posted a picture of her build or not, but I can do so if you’re interested

edit: lmao completely forgot about the dragon buff only affecting units with 2 range. -hp still might be better idk

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Xenoblade 2 Ch.5 spoilers below but it's vague as possible so it's not really a spoiler but i'm marking it as one just in case
*gets to the end of Ch.5*
*fights boss*
Alright, who at Monolith Soft thought it was a good idea to bring back Spike Damage? That was one of the worst parts of the original game. To kill this boss, you have to kill it with a Chain Attack, so make sure to burst at least two orbs.
The boss at the end of Ch 5 was probably the most difficult one so far, although I'm at what I assume is the last boss of Ch 7 and it isn't looking to be too fun either. Spiking is super rare thankfully but I'm worried about what later bosses may be like.
Ch 6 is quite a wild ride, have fun

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

Dragons only hit the lower of defense/res vs range 2 units. Caeda is fine to not get one-shot by Corrin/Nowi as they'll only target her res.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
She actually does have Brave Sword+ learned already, but I don’t have the feathers for L&D3 right now, so I can’t try that build out right now

I also gave her the Wo Dao+ in case I wanted to try out that in future. I’d like to pull a Soleil for the Firesweep Sword+, but I want to wait for the Christmas banner and Fjorm’s return banner at the end of December (hopefully that one will have good units again)

I do have 2 spare Hectors from the Fjorm banner, but I haven’t given her DC yet. I probs will tho

I think I'm going to give her the spd upgrade
If you're going to waifu Caeda for laifu, then DC and Slayer Sword is a good investment. You could always use RES Slayer Sword and maybe Quick Riposte for pure bait purposes. 10/10 ridonkness with Warding Stance for pure lols. This way she's not getting doubled with her high SPD but she will always double+nuke.

But she's a flexible unit since she has access to fly-gorl buffs so she can run more than 1 build. Unlike Quadsuna.

> still uses Armorslayer+
> Sees Armor Henry or Hector
> *laughs in Caeda*
*laughs in A!Tiki* :secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If you're going to waifu Caeda for laifu, then DC and Slayer Sword is a good investment. You could always use RES Slayer Sword and maybe Quick Riposte for pure bait purposes. 10/10 ridonkness with Warding Stance for pure lols. This way she's not getting doubled with her high SPD but she will always double+nuke.

But she's a flexible unit since she has access to fly-gorl buffs so she can run more than 1 build. Unlike Quadsuna.
Caeda is my first +10 project (cries in no caedas), so she definitely will be my waifu for laifu. i do have a cat sakura i could sacrifice for warding stance, but idk how useful that would be, especially since you can't run both DC and warding stance at the same time

i already gave her the spd slaying sword, but i'll probably give her the res one when i get back up to 50 stones

yeah, i do like her flexibility a lot. i plan on giving her quite a few different sets that i can choose between depending on the situation. i'm still missing skills for them, but i want to have a quad set, a dc mage bait set, a wo dao set, and a firesweep set if soleil drops to 4*

are any of you gorls on team priscilla? I've gotten both antonykun's camilla and nammy's cordelia (both units are pretty insane tbh), but i think that has been it. i have my caeda set as my lead unit rn so you gorls can try her out

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Finally got around to playing through all of Mega Man 1-6

I think 5 was probably my favorite. Had the most weapons I liked, and some of my favorite enemies (train Mets are best Mets, TOOT).

Not sure which I'd call my least favorite, maybe 6? Had the worst Rush Jet variant, though I liked the Power adapter. Silver Tomahawk was the only weapon I liked in that game though, and the stages weren't too memorable for me. Still enjoyed it quite a bit, all six games are great.

I wasn't originally planning on playing 7/8 (I don't like the artstyle change), but my new earphones came in today and a friend had me check out Tengu Man's theme for my first listen with them, and now I feel like I kind of have to play them.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Bayo 3 announced for the Switch, along with Bayo 1+2 for the Switch coming in February. Looks like they're going for a purple color scheme. Bayo seems to have her old hair style, so it might be a prequel (hopefully not though).

Zelda BOTW DLC 2 comes out tonight, Link gets his sacred beast :^)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Bayo 3 announced for the Switch
GOD IS REAL AND HE IS KIND

PRAISE

honestly so excited. bayonetta's original design is stunningly beautiful and i'm glad they're bringing it back

honestly i might pick up bayo 1+2 on the switch even tho i have them on the wii u just for the portability

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
GOD IS REAL AND HE IS KIND

PRAISE

honestly so excited. bayonetta's original design is stunningly beautiful and i'm glad they're bringing it back

honestly i might pick up bayo 1+2 on the switch even tho i have them on the wii u just for the portability
It's more just hoping that, if they went back to that design, it's cause they went back to it.

I'm not as hyped if it's set before Bayo 1. No Jeanne, no Luka, etc.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, that's inconvenient. Fjorm's 10th Stratum quest requires 3 allies while the infantry 10th Stratum quest requires 4 allies and for that matter, Alfonse's 10 Stratum quest doesn't care how many allies are used. Oh well... Also, 4* Alfonse without any real skill inheritance is a pain to use for 10th Stratum because of how strong the enemies are.

In other news, Soul Calibur IV was announced for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. They somehow made Mitsurugi younger and I think that's because he doesn't have his beard for what I'm going to assume is his default P1 outfit. Hell yes! I've been waiting for more Soul Calibur. Once again, Noctis really should have been teased for this game consider he fights with weapons. It wasn't even that long from his Tekken 7 reveal and now. Link: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/07/soulcalibur-announced-vi-announced-game-awards-2017/.

The whole DMC1-3 HD collection coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One feels really lackluster considering Bayonetta 3 was announced alongside Switch ports of Bayonetta 1 and 2 and Mega Man 11 was announced alongside a bunch of Mega Man games coming to other systems as well. Well, at least this DMC3 port hopefully won't be buggy like the current PC port that's available. Maybe that will change. Cue DMC1 remake as a mobile game. :p

Anyone remember the Detective Pikachu game? Apparently Ryan Reynolds was cast as Detective Pikachu for its upcoming film.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What the hell. What the hell did I watch with Death Stranding's newest trailer? Babies and whales. Babies and whales. Also, the Big Bang. Silent Hills had that baby thing going on too... What the living hell is Death Stranding? I knew it was going to be weird, but not this weird.

Also, something that came to mind while thinking about Cuphead and it would be really expensive and time-consuming to do: a Mega Man(-like) game with Astro Boy visuals similar to how Cuphead drew inspiration from 1930s cartoon visuals.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I just summoned 4 rare Blades in a row wtf. 1 for each character. Rex got Boreas (Wind Healer), Nia got Dahlia (the infamous bunnyboob lady, she's an Ice Healer if you haven't seen her yet), Mòrag got Azami (Dark Attacker), and Zeke got Perceval (Dark Tank). Dark is only really effective if you have another Dark Blade to pair their specials with, so getting 2 of them is perfect (and their roles are ones I needed for Mòrag and Zeke, I got so lucky). Nia got her third rare healer so now I can go for a full-out heal kit like I wanted to do with her. The elemet diversity is nice (Water, Electric, and Ice) and every weapon is different as well (Rings, Knuckles, and Bitball) so again Dahlia fits in perfectly to the kit I already have for her. Rex... this is his third rare Wind Blade. I need not-Wind Blades. Although it's his first rare healer not including *CHAPTER 7 SPOILER* so that's nice I guess, but pls. He needs Earth, Ice, Dark, just anything NOT Wind. I guess 1 dud is fine but I really don't like using Rex since he has so little elemental variety. Good thing he gets so many from the main story I guess.

And with this luck I went over to Heroes with my 27 daily orbs and got nothing. I just want Dorcas so that I can feed him to Alm for Infantry Pulse #TeamFaye

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning everynyan. How is everyone doing? :4zelda:

Made a bit more progress in Xenoblade 2; still waiting to see if I'll get my actual 4th party member. :secretkpop:

Speaking of Blades. I've managed to get 2 for Rex (Third one was mainly due to plot progression) and Nia FINALLY got a Rare Blade; took damn long enough.

* = Crystal Exclusive/Plot Progression
Rex:
Godfrey
Floren
Roc*

Nia:
Wulfric*

I seriously need to improve Nia's luck. It's getting annoying that she is getting all of these common ones. :V

Gishki is one of the archetypes I was hoping they put into the game, so the rewards for the Water Tower were a lot better imo than the Fire Tower.

My biggest problem were the D.D. Invaders. Not because they were particularly difficult, but because they just would not stop showing up every 2-3 duels. It's nice that beating them replenished your LP, but they probably more than tripled the amount of duels I had to complete to get from floor 20 to floor 30.

I haven't even managed to get him yet. IIRC, all of his skills involve activating field spells at certain LP thresholds, which isn't really something I make use of. Not really sure what would work best on him.

Rant in spoilers:
Honestly, I don't really like the GX world all that much. Much like the actual game when GX came out, it's too hyper focused on particular archetypes and that makes building decks that will even do the bare minimum (i.e. increasing your rank so you can unlock other characters) something you have to invest gems into just to get a halfway decent deck.

Like, I have no interest in Elemental Heroes, but I have to spend gems to make a EH deck for Jaden because (a) his skills are otherwise useless and (b) if I don't, I can't unlock characters everyone else in GX. Chazz comes with Armored Dragon cards and has special animations for the XYZ machines, but all of his skills are useless outside of the Ojama archetype. It doesn't help that the game only registers monsters fused with polymerization as fusion monsters, which is just stupid; I run a light machine deck on Tea and Chazz, and there's no reason XYZ Dragon Cannon shouldn't count as a fusion summon for the duel.
Fair enough. I still want to see what kind of deck would be useful for Bastion; I'll probably go and experiment with some of them.

Also, the Marik Event has returned; and now we can get Winged Dragon of Ra around the 15th, but we gotta beat a Lv. 50 Marik; hopefully I'll be able to do that with my Phoenix Deck (I got ECon anyway), but just in case. I'll try and get one card that will be perfect for countering Ra. Just the name of that card will strike fear into Ra users.

MAN

EATER

BUG

:secretkpop:

Also, I might try and make a Ra deck when it comes out; seems like it can be fun to make. Though I am still hoping to get Lv. 40 Arkana to appear during the event, but I've only had Lv. 20 appear, guess I gotta beat the Rare Hunter to have him appear at the higher levels? And speaking of levels, Bastion is now my 2nd highest leveled duelist; only behind Mai. Bastion sitting at Lv. 24 and Mai sitting at Lv. 26 respectively.

Even though I am still trying to get Gift of the Martyr and Crystal Seer; I might go and try and get a Man Eater Bug so I can at least deny the Winged Dragon of Ra (Though if I do manage to get a Mirror Wall, that could work too. But for now, I'll probably focus on making a farm deck. However, I will probably need another fusion monster, since I got the Kangaroo + Koala fusion. :V)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I need to talk about Ch.7
Ch.7 might just be the worst chapter in this game from a gameplay standpoint. You are required to have certain Field Skills to progress. Thankfully, some can just be avoided via careful platforming with Tora and most just require the elemental mastery skills, which even Common Blades have and it stacks.

Story-wise, things are very interesting. Glimpse of the Architect, why did they show the scene of our universe blowing up from the end of the first game, Nia's Blade form is cute, WHY DOES MALOS HAVE A MONADO?!

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Was digging for some other posts and realized I never replied to this

I played a bit more of the Awakening history map and yeah, it's the dash attacks. I'm hitting an enemy, they start getting super armor for a big attack, I dodge behind them and try to continue, but dodging puts you in dash and I end up well past them. After so much HW, I'm not really sure how to cancel out of strings if I can't dodge.
While fliers have an awkward dodge if you try to treat it like other characters, their actual dodge start does a hit too, and the forward takeoff distance is pretty good. Iirc it should match the range for dash weak attack if you dodge directly away from the enemy, then turn around and attack immediately.

Alternately, you can cancel pretty much anything with pair up switching. Pair up switch cancels are kind of busted.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Bayo3 is making me cry irl pls I need to be held. Any concept art for it yet?

Also this is a thing that exists so OK:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm at the end of Ch.7 and i need to rant
Jin and Malos can go suck a ****. This boss fight is dumb. I know that Malos has to be brought down to 50% HP to trigger a cutscene but the guy is just an HP sponge. Jin is at a lower level but hitting him basically does no damage. Doesn't help that Malos constantly spams Monado Cyclone and God forbid you use Redemption when that happens because Monado Cyclone will cancel out the healing, forcing you to recharge it. Monado Eater and Jail is a pain and Jin will occasionally use Taunt, forceing you to attack him but it's useless because he takes almost no damage? Also, their power level is inconsistent. Sometimes it's reasonable damage, other times, Tora gets almost one-shotted. Jin and Malos? More like, Lorithia 2.0.

MAN, SURE WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A LIGHT BLADE THAT ISN'T MYTHRA BUT THE ONLY OTHER LIGHT BLADE IN THE GAME IS KOS-MOS, HAVE FUN GETTING HER!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: OH YEAH, MALOS ALSO HAS MONADO ARMOR SO IF YOU THOUGHT HE WASN'T ENOUGH OF AN HP SPONGE, HE'S GOT A PRESENT FOR YOU!!!!!!![/SPOILER
Any good grinding spots? I hate grinding at important story moments like these but that's honestly a problem every JRPG has, not just Xenoblade.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm at the end of Ch.7 and i need to rant
Jin and Malos can go suck a ****. This boss fight is dumb. I know that Malos has to be brought down to 50% HP to trigger a cutscene but the guy is just an HP sponge. Jin is at a lower level but hitting him basically does no damage. Doesn't help that Malos constantly spams Monado Cyclone and God forbid you use Redemption when that happens because Monado Cyclone will cancel out the healing, forcing you to recharge it. Monado Eater and Jail is a pain and Jin will occasionally use Taunt, forceing you to attack him but it's useless because he takes almost no damage? Also, their power level is inconsistent. Sometimes it's reasonable damage, other times, Tora gets almost one-shotted. Jin and Malos? More like, Lorithia 2.0.

MAN, SURE WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A LIGHT BLADE THAT ISN'T MYTHRA BUT THE ONLY OTHER LIGHT BLADE IN THE GAME IS KOS-MOS, HAVE FUN GETTING HER!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: OH YEAH, MALOS ALSO HAS MONADO ARMOR SO IF YOU THOUGHT HE WASN'T ENOUGH OF AN HP SPONGE, HE'S GOT A PRESENT FOR YOU!!!!!!![/SPOILER
Any good grinding spots? I hate grinding at important story moments like these but that's honestly a problem every JRPG has, not just Xenoblade.
Just finished this not too long ago, I spent all day yesterday and most of today prepping for it since it's annoying for sure.
I played as Nia, and the other 2 CPUs were Zeke and Tora (all at level 55). Nia was a pure healer, Zeke was the main damage that could take a few hits (he still died a few times oops) and Tora of course was the one who took most of the hits. The best way to get through it is to be slow and tanky, there isn't much that they can do to take out your team if you have Nia constantly heal with Zeke and Tora getting a few hits in every so often. I never used a chain attack during the fight and my party gauge was reserved purely for reviving. Nia heals best when switching between Blades and using each of their healing arts, but if I noticed that Malos hasn't used Monado Jail in a while, I stayed on Dromarch for as long as I could since he has the best healing (remember that his level 2 special is a direct heal to the full party). And to be extra-careful since getting Jailed at a bad time can lose the battle, I put some Shackle Resist aux cores on Nia's other 2 Blades.
So yeah, play as Nia and keep your other 2 teammates alive while they take all the damage and wait as they slowly drain Malos' health. Blade combos don't matter here too much since you won't use any chain attacks (and the element orbs get cleared after the cutscene anyways so prepping them for later is pointless) so use any specials that heal when you need to, even if you can't combo it.
After the cutscene, the battle becomes a joke and Rex is unkillable and will just stay at 1 HP whenever he gets hit so once you get to the cutscene, you've won. So feel free to abuse your party gauge and specials as much as you want before it.

Also just a warning but iirc Nia doesn't get any exp when she's in her Blade form, so I'd advise against using her as a Blade if you want her to not be underleveled as a driver later.
For grinding, idk I just did as many sidequests that I could find and complete and went to inns every now and then to see if I had enough bonus exp to get to the next level. I'm not sure of any specific spots that are good for grinding. Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to add, invest into Poppi if you haven't done so already. It makes her extremely potent if you invest into the right parts and areas.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Don't know if it's actually optimal, but I watched a bit of a Xenoblade 2 speedrun today, and the preferred exp gain methods seemed to be sidequests and overkilling bosses as hard as possible (since overkills apparently give you bonus exp? Cool mechanic.)

Side question, are enemies in Xenoblade 1 as tanky as the ones in 2? It looked like even generic enemies took a good while to kill, and if 1's going to be that way I can't help but feel a bit put off by that.

I dunno about that. A good number of rpgs that feel like they require grinding tend to provide you with tools that allow you to get past bosses at whatever level natural progression puts you at. Not necessarily easily, but the added challenge of playing "underleveled" and figuring out what you're intended to be using is part of the fun.

There certainly are games that have poor pacing and force the player to spend hours grinding no matter what, though. Offhand I only remember this applying to EO1(EOU) and Labyrinth of Touhou out of games I've played.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh yeah I forgot to add, invest into Poppi if you haven't done so already. It makes her extremely potent if you invest into the right parts and areas.
Welp, looks like it's time to actually invest time into Tiger Tiger. Tiger Tiger isn't bad, it's just that i feel that i don't get enough materials out of it. Maybe i'm just bad at it though.

Just finished this not too long ago, I spent all day yesterday and most of today prepping for it since it's annoying for sure.
Also just a warning but iirc Nia doesn't get any exp when she's in her Blade form, so I'd advise against using her as a Blade if you want her to not be underleveled as a driver later.
Oh yeah, i knew about Blade!Nia not getinng any EXP. Thankfully, it can easily be fixed by changing her back to a Driver and leveling her up at the inn.

Side question, are enemies in Xenoblade 1 as tanky as the ones in 2? It looked like even generic enemies took a good while to kill, and if 1's going to be that way I can't help but feel a bit put off by that.
In Xenoblade 1, Mechon can be a bit tanky for a good portion of the game, mainly because everyone except Shulk and Melia can't damage them properly without Monado Enchant. After the halfway point though, Mechon become easy, because Anti-Mechon weapons start to become common.

but the added challenge of playing "underleveled" and figuring out what you're intended to be using is part of the fun.
I disagree. There's a difference between being underleveled and being at the proper level but still having trouble.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Okay, I really do not like the desert in Shadows of Valentia.

I beat the sluice gate on Alm's side which, like Mathilda's map, felt intimidating, but wasn't that bad. Either I got really lucky with Delthea not teleporting or I just got to Tatarrah quick enough. Kliff and Python did everything since all the enemies were dark mages. Anyway, right when I finished the map, saved, and proceeded to move Alm into the sluice gate, the enemies on Celica's side decided to move and attack her while she was on the mountain graveyard. Everyone went after Leon who died. Game over, reset, and screw you, game. Made sure to move Celica into the mountain village before moving Alm and lo, and behold, the enemies didn't move.

Also, the song that plays in the sluice gate, "One Star by the Next" is beautiful.

On Celica's side, I tried to do the Dragon Shrine, but the boss before it was a pain, so I abandoned that. Freaking Shadow Sword and speedy myrmidons everywhere. I wanted to do it for a more convenient shrine location and to get rid of enemies on the map, but whatever. Before tackling Grieth's Citadel, I went to the Seabound Shrine to get everyone who was around 99 exp to level up which, of course, spawned enemies. Specifically, bow knights and myrmidons. They were taken care of and I wanted Sonya, so Deen died on this playthrough. Also, I forged a 5* steel bow for Leon because why not and that ended up being really useful considering the freaking desert and fortresses everywhere.

Genny, Jesse, Kamui, and Leon. They did everything on Greith's Citadel. Genny kept everyone alive and gained 2 levels which maxed her out as a cleric. Leon dealt with the ranged units while Jesse effectively soloed the right side and Kamui with the help of Boey and Mae, dealt with the left side that kept getting swarmed with bonewalkers. Damn cantor. Valbar took care of the myrmidon who was in the lower right corner of the map near the starting point. I don't even know why he was there and for what purpose the little outpost was for from a gameplay perspective since an outpost near a fortress makes sense, but this is a desert map, so it's difficult to move around, and going all the way back there to heal would take forever let alone that the enemiy has several healing tiles in the boss room.

The snipers were probably the most difficult and threatening enemies since they have 1-4 range and are on indoor tiles, so they have avoid bonuses too. Getting through the desert was a slog and then there's these guys hanging out covering the entrance. The mercenaries and myrmidons weren't that bad and the bonewalkers felt like enemy spam where at a certain point or through unlucky hits on Kamui, he might have been in trouble or would have died, but that probably wouldn't have happened with Boey and Mae helping him out and Genny healing him. Jesse is my only myrmidon -- yeah, I know -- and the character who I said I wasn't going to use much. So much for that when he covered the entire right side except for the sniper and enemy mage.

It would have went perfectly had I not screwed up and forgot what Grieth's actual movement range was. I'm really not used to dread fighters, infantry units, having as much movement as a cavalier or flier. I put Jesse too close which drew out everyone, but the jerk cantor and then left Leon in range of Greith who doubled and killed him. Mila's Turnwheel to rearrange everyone and to draw out the enemies as safely as possible. At that point, I was trying to figure out how to deal with the approaching enemies as Boey got doubled by a myrmidon and would likely be a targeted by Grieth regardless if I healed him or not. I figured Jesse was overleveled and could soften up Grieth to potentially have him retreat onto a healing tile if I couldn't deal with him and the other enemies e.g. have Kamui finish him off and Boey, Catria, Leon, Mae, etc. deal with the other enemies. Jesse lands a critical hit on Grieth. Okay, that's way easier and very anti-climatic considering he destroyed Leon the other time. Well, the rest was just cleaning up the remaining enemies.

So, yeah, I think Grieth's Citadel would have been doable had Jesse and Valbar not been grinded. It made it much easier, especially with Jesse. That said, I probably should have had myrmidons and at least a sniper by now or dread fighter Saber and Kamui, sage Boey, priestess Mae, saint Genny, and maybe bow knight Leon, but I didn't. That made getting into the citadel much more difficult and dealing with the ranged units without Bowrange +2 with a sniper or bow knight. Grieth hits hard and fast and has high movement, but I think I could have just made him focus on a someone while Genny healed with Physic and other units helped out with damage output. Oh well.

That just leaves Shadow Sword man, the Dragon Shrine, and Mila's Temple. I'm currently at the Seabound Shrine since Genny became a level 20 cleric during Grieth's Citadel, so I went there to promote her. I think I'm just going to level up Est for a bit and grind Leon to level 20. He's sitting at 99 exp as a level 17 archer from Grieth's Citadel, so why not. It won't take long. I really need to decide what class Atlas should be. Archers are helpful on deserts, but snipers and bow knights would be more helpful with Bowrange +2 and there's also the issue of Atlas's skill growth not being that great even as an archer, so if he can't hit things, then that might be a problem considering the avoid bonuses tiles can provide. Cavalier is apparently not that great and I'm close to the end of Act 3 and you get a cavalier in Act 4 on Celica's route.

Swamps are next in Act 4. What kind of terror will they be?

Last edited:
edit: any mod tries to see the edit history of this, idk why i posted it but w/e

after owning xenobald crinkles X for 100000 years, i still haven't made it through the beginning parts of the game. i legit do not know what to do but from what i hear (can someone confirm), the game only starts once you're 30 hours in more or less. dis true?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Welp, looks like it's time to actually invest time into Tiger Tiger. Tiger Tiger isn't bad, it's just that i feel that i don't get enough materials out of it. Maybe i'm just bad at it though.
You get 300 ether crystals from getting every chest+whatever you collect, so the most efficient way for me is to replay the first stage over and over again. I collect about 60 crystals, then get every chest for 300 more, and then I usually get 400 more from what's in the chests; making 760 ether crystals my average. It takes... idk a minute and a half for each run? When you get into the rhythm you can rack up ether pretty quickly.
after owning xenobald crinkles X for 100000 years, i still haven't made it through the beginning parts of the game. i legit do not know what to do but from what i hear (can someone confirm), the game only starts once you're 30 hours in more or less. dis true?
That's about how long it takes you to unlock skells and they are a pretty big part of the game, yeah. I wouldn't say that it's the true "start" of the game, but it does open up a lot more once you get your skell (and then it opens up even more when you unlock the flight module a bit later). But you should have plenty to do before getting your skell so I wouldn't worry that much and try to enjoy yourself as much as possible until then.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning all. Everyone doing good? :4zelda:

Slowly making some progress with Duel Links and University; so I'm currently working on my Tutor Marked Assessment right now.

Also, good news in Duel Links; I FINALLY got myself a god damn Crystal Seer from Chaotic Compliance (I even managed to get Eliminating The League as well which I was not expecting to get), I even managed to get Pirahna Army and Gift of the Martyr from Age of Discovery, now I just need to get Secret Pass from Ultimate Rising, Anti-Magic Arrows from Arkana and a 3000+ Monster as well for my farming deck. Oh, and Unhappy Girl as well, then I'll probably have a solid farming deck.

Monsters:
x1 Pirahna Army
x2 Unhappy Girl
x1 Blue Eyes White Dragon
x1 Beastking of the Swamps
x1 Big Koala

Spells:
x1 Anti-Magic Arrows
x1 Gift of the Martyr
x1 Secret Passage To The Treasures
x1 Mausoleum Of The Emperor
x1 Polymerization

Traps:
x2 Jar of Greed

So far, I'll probably add some Super Rush Headlongs and Enemy Controllers. Or if I can, I'll try and add a Shard of Greed or two; since those seem like they can be very helpful with this deck.

Or I just make a Hazy Flame deck. :V

Also, made some more progress in Xenoblade 2; had to wait half an hour on a story mission because poor Poppi didn't have a field skill at a certain level. But it gave me a chance to grind so that's good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom