• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Cress! Cress! , Armagon Armagon , and whoever else played or are playing Shadows of Valentia: how did you go about with forging weapons?

I know you can get forge exclusive weapons like the Zweihander from a forged Steel Sword which is apparently a really good sword. Also, it's hilariously cheap to forge the Golden Dagger into a decent weapon. Anyway, aside from things like forging Ridersbane, Alm's Royal Sword, and the Killer Bow whenever I can get that, I'm not sure what to do. For one, apparently a forged Steel Bow and Silver Bow are pretty much the same with differences in hit and critical rates. Forged Iron Bow seems really good for archers with low or unlucky skill growths like Python.

Part of this does come from feeling a bit over leveled, especially on Alm's side. Ahem, Kliff. At the same time, high defense units like the bonewalkers and knights are concerning when I can't get mages in range of them.
Forge yourself Killer Bows, they have one of the most broken Arts in the game. It's called Hunter's Volley, which basically the same as the Royal Sword's Double Lion or Ladyblade's Flamberge, but it's on a bow, with standard bow range. It's pretty much a win button against nearly anyone and everyone you'll encounter. Although I don't believe it can be created through forging, the aforementioned Ladyblade is a great weapon for your priestesses, as its might doubles in the hands of a female, provides a powerful attack option with no HP cost, and has it's own double hitting Art.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Streaming Fantasy Strike for a little bit.

Twitch.tv/mcknightlight

Edit: Thanks for the views, issa really cool game.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
she looks like a dominatrix
yeah, she is which she's weird in the sense that's she's also a very gentle motherly figure.

Who should I watch for good Fantasy Strike content? Anyone?
finding good content of FS is hard try looking for some tournament videos. I think Snakeeyes the famous zangief player did some gameplay of rook and it was amazing

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
how did you go about with forging weapons?
For the main story, i forged a Steel Bow into a Killer Bow for Hunter's Volley, i forged a Steel Sword into a Tigestance sword (can't spell the actual name) and forged a Blessed Lance for one of the Whitewings. Post game, i forged a Blessed Bow into Parthia for Trance Shot. Really useful in the Thabes Labyrinth.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Cress! Cress! , Armagon Armagon , and whoever else played or are playing Shadows of Valentia: how did you go about with forging weapons?
I didn't use it that much. The only noteworthy weapons that I forged were Alm and Celica's unique weapons, and a Brave Sword or 2 for Celica's Dread Fighter Harem Rave Party: 2017 Edition™.

I'm about halfway through Chapter 5 in XC2.
  • I just unlocked Zeke and I've wandered off to do some sidequests since I'm underleveled for the next boss. (Well actually I'm overleveled but I still die in like 1 hit so yh.)
  • Zeke says "i'M rEAlLY FeeLiNg iT" at times. This isn't 2014 that isn't funny anymore.
  • Zeke is a prince yet he can't afford contacts for both of his eyes, just his right one? ok buddy
  • Yes I like Zeke
  • Since it looks like Mórag is in fact a permanent party member (and I'm 95% sure Zeke is permanent as well), I decided to do a crazy Blade summoning session for each of them. Mórag got absolutely nothing of value even with 5ish rare core crystals and 15 or so common ones. Zeke uses 2 rare crystals and gets a rare Blade from each of them because why not. He got a Wind-based Tank birb and a Fire-based Attack royal prince guy (I forgot their names atm sorri). But that gives him a nice slow but high DPS mix with the ability to take damage, and the elements are nice as well. Fire Prince Boi and Zeke work really well together since he seems to charge his Arts a lot faster than with Pandoria and they deal more damage. Plus they get to be super extra with each other so it works out.
  • tfw you spent hours grinding Tiger Tiger earlier to upgrade Poppi only to find out that you get multiple Poppis and the later ones are better. I mean I would've had to grind for Poppi Alpha eventually but still, meh meh meh.
  • Edit: WHY DIDN'T THE THIRD BATTLE WITH ZEKE HAVE THE SCREEN SHATTER BEFORE THE BATTLE BRAVELY-DEFAULT-STYLE LIKE THE OTHER 2 FIGHTS WITH HIM I DEMAND A REFUND

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Forge yourself Killer Bows, they have one of the most broken Arts in the game. It's called Hunter's Volley, which basically the same as the Royal Sword's Double Lion or Ladyblade's Flamberge, but it's on a bow, with standard bow range. It's pretty much a win button against nearly anyone and everyone you'll encounter. Although I don't believe it can be created through forging, the aforementioned Ladyblade is a great weapon for your priestesses, as its might doubles in the hands of a female, provides a powerful attack option with no HP cost, and has it's own double hitting Art.
Yeah, I know about the Killer Bow. First things I remember reading about that game were that archers with Killer Bows and Dread Fighters were busted.

For the main story, i forged a Steel Bow into a Killer Bow for Hunter's Volley, i forged a Steel Sword into a Tigestance sword (can't spell the actual name) and forged a Blessed Lance for one of the Whitewings. Post game, i forged a Blessed Bow into Parthia for Trance Shot. Really useful in the Thabes Labyrinth.
Zweihander is the sword with Tigerstance that you get when forging a Steel Sword. I'm not sure why people said it was a good weapon. Tigerstance adds skill to attack. Pretty sure from their skill level ups, Saber would be a great user of it and so would Jesse if I wanted to use him. The irony considering Saber's name.

Meanwhile in FEH. I finally got to 99,999 by grinding the rest of the TT today. Totally was not worth it considering I got nobody from the Children of Fate banner. Whoopee, I have 4 orbs left.

Was surprised that the Children of Fate didn't have their own paralogue. Although they were introduced in chapter two of Book 2, they didn't even get dialogue. It was like, "Hey, we exist." Generic lines of them challenging us to a fight because they were summoned and obligated to fight us would have been enough, but nope. Moving on...
This was the last Legendary Heroes banner summon. I didn't get summer Camila or Hector in this last summon, so I figured it wasn't worth it. Aversa and/or Reina when?
4* Effie: +Spd, -HP.

4* Felicia: +Spd, -Def.

3* Saizo: +Res, -Spd.

4* Subaki: +Res, -HP.

4* Raven: neutral.

And a 4* +HP, -Spd Niles because the first attempt had no green or red orbs.

Two summons for the Children of Fate and I got nobody, so this banner's done.
3* Beruka: +HP, -Def.

4* Draug: +HP, -Def.

4* Jeorge: +Res, -Def. Y'know, if Parthia could be refined, I could see +Res Jeorge being a great mage counter assuming Parthia gets more than Warding Blow 2 to Warding Blow 3 when refined.

4* Palla: +Atk, -Res.

3* Subaki: +Spd, -Res.

3* Azama: +Def, -Spd.

4* Boey: +Res, -Spd.

4* Catria: +Spd, -HP.

4* Gaius: +HP, -Atk.

3* Sully: +Spd, -Res.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I'll be going to have a filling tomorrow morning; wish me luck with that everyone. It'll be my first filling.

Also, had a meeting with my TA today; explaining what to do and what I'll be tackling this week and next week (If the University website will load that is. smh).

I need to continue more with Ultra Sun, since I've been neglecting it. Reached Kiawe's Trial, but I know I'll destroy it because I have Larvitar and Brionne.

Also, I'm making some progress in Duel Links ranked now. I might make myself a Cyber Angel deck, but the problem will be the lack of Blue Keys to spend to get Lv. 40 Alexis, plus I do need to make a farming deck (I don't have Union Attack due to that being an Event Card. So I'll just focus on getting Pirahna Army and Gift of the Martyr. But I did get Cyber Dakini, Machine Angel Ritual and Cyber Benten, just need to get a few more and of course; grind for them Blue Keys.)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Lmao rip

It’s stupid they’re excluding an entire category of weapons for no reason

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, final nail on the coffin for dagger users coming to FE Warriors.

Camilla and Takumi are getting Felicia / Jakob costumes in the first DLC pack at the end of the month.
This is upsetting.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I bet Prancine's movement speed is still faster than Zelda's. :secretkpop:
DID SOMEBODY SAY CHUNKY?

did i do dis rite, i dunno??

I'll just take the opportunity to shill Etrian Odyssey 5 again I guess, real good RPG.
EOV is in my Top 3 games I never got around to this year because mobile games have taken over my gaming life.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Tony is it pure torture watching me be awful at Fantasy Strike while you can't play?

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
It's super duper charming and it is more involved than I thought it would be. Excited to see where they take it.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
It's super duper charming and it is more involved than I thought it would be. Excited to see where they take it.
well for one they gonna add Argargarg eventually as he's the guy blacked out in the character select screen

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
did i just watch a sexualized banana try to convince us to eat her kind?
si si si si ;^)

I can't help but think that was made to demasculinize bananas because of their shape, so dudes of the mid 1900's would actually eat them. Men were super duper insecure and weird about that stuff during that time. Not just a normal insecure/weird like the modern day man.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Just started Chapter 7 of XC2. Here's my daily journal or whatever these posts are.
  • "oh no pyra and mythra are gone i am so worried aaaaa" except I benched Rex a long time ago, I'm pretty sure that I didn't even use him once today. The team I've been rolling with is Nia (who I play as), Zeke, and Tora. I think I was mostly lucky with Nia and especially Zeke's Blades, and I've invested enough into Poppi (Alpha, I haven't touched QT yet and the difference is extremely noticeble between the 2. Investing into her is absolutely worth it). I like Rex and he's a good character, but wow it feels nice having the main character feel balanced and for once 1) you aren't required to use him, and 2) he doesn't have some unique ability that makes him feel required. Although I think I'm about to get the third Aegis sister who could end up breaking Rex...
  • Zeke has terrible luck in the story but his luck stat is fantastic and he's had the best core crystal summoning results out of everyone so far. I'm not complaining.
  • They're hinting towards some big character development for Nia which we need. She's barely received any and we need some answers as to how/why she joined Torna and what she did to save baby Alfonse. She has to either be a Blade or have some partial Blade power like Rex. She covers herself up a lot so she could hide a Core Crystal easily. (tbh at this point I just assume literally everyone is secretly a Blade unless explicitly stated otherwise like Rex and Zeke, who both are still partially a Blade I guess? And with Malos wanting to destroy humanity, they could pull something like "oh well since everyone is secretly a Blade, the only real humans are left in Elysium and that's all he wants to kill." And maybe a few of the humans were dropped down onto Alrest because lolfun)
  • Apparently there's Heart-to-Hearts with summonable Blades. Dagas (the fire prince guy that Zeke summoned yesterday) had a H2H, and you needed to view it to unlock his B level of trust. And looking at Burgundy's Twitter feed, his Nia summoned Dagas, so when he gets further I'll ask him how that plays out (since I doubt he's reading these spoilers [and if you are then I'll look up the ending myself and spoil it to you]).
  • Chain attacks are fun
    IMG_20171206_015849.jpg

rip rando enemy
  • Mòrag finally summoned a rare Blade after 15 or 20 Rare crystals and probably thousands of common ones. An Earth element healer named Nim. Haven't used her yet but Mòrag should be usable now, especially since she also just got her brother's Blade (the Chrom-posed one that was also drawn by Kozai Yusuke)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning peeps. Everyone doing good? :4zelda:

Was suppose to have my filling today; but it got cancelled to the 13th at 3pm. So I'll be waiting a week for that, but to make things a bit more glaring. That's right before the deadline for my University work. So I'll be working harder for the next few days, probably during the weekend as well.

I had a pretty good run too in Duel Links last night. Went 6-2 in PVP (Now at Gold 4, hoping to reach Plat 1) with my Phoenix Deck. The only two Duels I lost were against a Mill Deck and in a Mirror Match against another Phoenix Deck (Using the same character and skill surprisingly. It was pretty damn fun, even though I did get OTK'd because I went first. smh). Also, I've been leveling up Bastion as well; curious on what kind of Deck I could make for him since most of his skills seem to be Field Spell related, dunno if he can get Balance or Restart; but it'd be nice if he did.

Also, been making some progress in Xenoblade 2 and actually got back to Ultra Sun (Kiawe's Trial was actually pretty damn difficult. Since Totem A.Marowak had Brick Break and called Salazzle; which were close to 2HKOing my Pokemon. So I had to stall them out with Encore and constantly revive and heal; it was tough. But Mallow's challenge shouldn't be too difficult... I hope).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
i was listening to xenoblade 2 music (name might be a spoiler but w/e) then this was in the comments section
View attachment 134281
Nah, that name isn't a spoiler. Fonsett Village is literally talked about within the first five minutes of the game and it's also talked about on the official website. You just don't actually get to it until halfway through the game.

Nah, that name isn't a spoiler. Fonsett Village is literally talked about within the first five minutes of the game and it's also talked about on the official website. You just don't actually get to it until halfway through the game.
yeah but is it gay that i had sexe wifh my friend?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
did i just watch a sexualized banana try to convince us to eat her kind?
Welcome to the history of advertising, where todays groundbreaking and/or controversial ads were a dime a dozen three generations ago. Same with most things, tbh.

yeah but is it gay that i had sexe wifh my friend?
Ravioli Ravioli don't lewd the nekololi.

I had a pretty good run too in Duel Links last night. Went 6-2 in PVP (Now at Gold 4, hoping to reach Plat 1) with my Phoenix Deck. The only two Duels I lost were against a Mill Deck and in a Mirror Match against another Phoenix Deck (Using the same character and skill surprisingly. It was pretty damn fun, even though I did get OTK'd because I went first. smh). Also, I've been leveling up Bastion as well; curious on what kind of Deck I could make for him since most of his skills seem to be Field Spell related, dunno if he can get Balance or Restart; but it'd be nice if he did.
Wow, that's good. I only managed to get to Plat 1 once.

How's the Water Tower going for you? I finally finished it last night.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Which upgrade should I give Caeda's Slaying Edge+? I'm leaning towards the spd one, but I kinda want to do the res one too

I would do the mt one, but I read that that doesn't count towards increasing your arena score like the other stat upgrades do

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Which upgrade should I give Caeda's Slaying Edge+? I'm leaning towards the spd one, but I kinda want to do the res one too

I would do the mt one, but I read that that doesn't count towards increasing your arena score like the other stat upgrades do
who uses anything but quad-caeda???
If she's RES tanking with Iceberg and Distant Counter, then +RES one. If not then just do SPD.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Would the Mt increase even be worth it for Caeda considering her low base attack? It's also the lowest stat increase; +2 Mt versus +3 speed and +4 defense or resistance. +Atk Caeda would have average base attack, but Caeda's resistance and speed are her selling points, so it might be better to play on those. Keep in mind that I don't know or want to know what the kind of monsters are like in the higher tiers of arena, so I'm not sure what the threshold of things are outside of speed apparently being even higher because of recent units and stuff.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
who uses anything but quad-caeda???
If she's RES tanking with Iceberg and Distant Counter, then +RES one. If not then just do SPD.
She actually does have Brave Sword+ learned already, but I don’t have the feathers for L&D3 right now, so I can’t try that build out right now

I also gave her the Wo Dao+ in case I wanted to try out that in future. I’d like to pull a Soleil for the Firesweep Sword+, but I want to wait for the Christmas banner and Fjorm’s return banner at the end of December (hopefully that one will have good units again)

I do have 2 spare Hectors from the Fjorm banner, but I haven’t given her DC yet. I probs will tho

I think I'm going to give her the spd upgrade

I'm not sure what the threshold of things are outside of speed apparently being even higher because of recent units and stuff.
my ideal caeda is +spd -def, and with summoner support, the spd weapon upgrade, and +10 merges, she reaches 49 unboosted spd, which is insane. fury brings her up to 52 spd, and L&D3 would be 54 lol

edit: i joined team priscilla btw. my lead unit was sent to spring camilla, but i just set it to caeda. she now has the spd upgrade and a fun green shine surrounding her

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Thanks to Fjorm, I got to stay in tier 20. I think she repaid her "debt" to me.

Top Bottom