• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Gonna throw down some stuff on Tiki, since she's not very intuitive compared to other characters. Don't worry, I'll run out of things to ramble about with this game pre-english release soon enough.

Human
Standard string: Last hit (throwing stones in all directions) has okay meter gain. Also probably what you'll want to use to pop stun gauges.
C1: Converts musou to awakening. Unlike Young Link's C1, this is both fast and does damage to the area around you. You only need 50% to awaken, so 1.5 bars is good enough to get going.
C2: Seems pointless, but most launchers here seem that way.
C3: Weird, bad.
C4: Stuns, wide AoE, also her best attack for meter gain but it's still not very good at that.
C5: Okayish damage/AoE, guard breaks.
C6: Improved C5 that ignores guard entirely, but has tons of endlag even with Astra. Pair Up Switch immediately after the last hit. Actually a pretty good move other than that.

Basically you'll be using a lot of C4/standard string and praying you get 1.5 bars quickly. If transforming won't immediately be an option, C5 and C6 are actually decent moves though, and her standard string is quick. Her issue is more her stats than her attacks.

Dragon
Standard string: S4 (Mewtwo dtilt on steroids) is the important move here, having tremendous range and inflicting yellow stun. You can either do the full string, or dodge cancel and start a new one to capitalize on the stun; the latter option is better imo.
Dash Y: Does a spin attack with her tail. Good for clearing crowds or catching enemies launched by the full standard string. Relatively low damage.
Dash X: Breathes fire at the ground in front of her. Wonky range/damage and kind of laggy, I don't understand this move but it seems pretty bad.
C1: Still a convert. But now it's a massive roar that's still a quick attack, and it also carries over Young Link's property of pausing awakening drain. Fastest clearing option. GAOOO
C2: Still pointless.
C3: Volga C4, but with her size she can cover that area more efficiently with other attacks anyway.
C4: Drill dash. Tons of meter gain. Also stuns, but it's infinitely faster to stun via standard string.
C5: Starts flying slowly while using a breath attack on the area below her. It only hits each enemy once, and the attack lasts forever, so you usually don't want to use this. On the other hand, it seems to entirely empty stun gauges in a single hit and comes right after S4, so it can be optimal on occasion...just don't mess up. If awakening runs out during it, Tiki won't revert until she lands, so you can try and get some extra KOs or fly over an awakening recovery drop to avoid it.
C6: Flies into the air, creates a rune on the ground, then slams into it. Feels similar to Ganondorf C6 in size, but she's in the air and it initiates far in front of her, so it's safer to use. The rune also multihits, so it has good meter gain/stun gauge damage.

Dragon form's attacks are slow, aside from C1. Standard string is the second fastest option, and is her go-to vs officers, with C5 being the faster-but-risky alternative. For crowd clearing, C1 is optimal for mooks, S4 is a substitute if you want to save your musou, C4 has the best meter gain, and C6 will erase a room and all the officers in it. If you need to stall for any reason (waiting for a door to unlock, enemy to spawn, etc.), spamming C1 lets you pause your meter loss, and can even be used to gain meter if there are enemies to hit with it.

Also please give her Astra, her attacks are so slow otherwise ;_;

Also also, the game normally highlights which offensive stat a character uses, but it highlights both Strength and Magic for Tiki. I'm not sure which stat is used for what; my current guess is Strength for human form and Magic for dragon, but it might be attack specific instead or something. No idea if she should get Strength+10 or Magic+10 as a result.

Thought about recording some things, but I can't work out a setup I like for 3DS; the bottom screen isn't very important, but it feels weird to leave it out if I were to record an entire stage (I'd exclude it for a moveset or stun gauge video or something), and fitting both screens in a recording makes the resolution awkward. So I'll probably just be lazy and not bother.

Edit: Shadow Dragon map's Anna stage has some weird as hell character restrictions
Usually it limits you to characters from a specific game or weapon type, but that stage's restrictions are "Rowan, Lianna, Robin, Leon, Marth, Caeda, and Anna only".
And it gives you eight slots for character deployment.
???????????????????????????

Edit2: Also a really brutal stage, jeez
Maybe Robin's just a bad character for it, but it's actually taking several tries

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
can we talk about how we're a bit sad that the most hated Fire Emblem Lord lost a popularity contest.

The power of the underdog i tell ya.
Hey I’ve never played Fates so I have the ability of loving him for his design and not knowing all of his writing flaws
He’s cute and has a sweet va and is at least not as bad as female Corrin can be

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Lavani Lavani can you swap characters in the middle of your Awakening? And what happens if you are able to?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lavani Lavani can you swap characters in the middle of your Awakening? And what happens if you are able to?
Sadly you cannot. Awakening and mid-flight as a pegasus/wyvern are the only situations you're unable to switch.

You can cheat the pegasus/wyvern one by doing a dash attack and switching immediately during that, though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Late night summonings. Don't do this because your judgement is poor when you're tired. Color sniping has never worked for me. I summoned another Shigure from a full pull after Raigh's shenanigans in a summon with four reds and one blue; +Atk, but -Res Camilla showed up, and I finally summoned another Cherche... But at what cost? Olivia, why? It's like with bride Cordelia again... ;_;
3* Raigh: +HP, -Atk. Sent home.

4* Laslow: +‎Atk, -Res 4*.

4* Est: +Res, -HP‎. Sent home since she doesn't really have anything I want.

5* Shigure: +‎Def, -HP.

3* Cherche #1: +Res, -Spd.

4* Klein: neutral.

4* Lachesis: +Spd, -Res.

4* Lissa: +‎Atk, -Res.

3* Beruka: neutral. Sent home because we just got a free Beruka.

4* Camilla: +Atk, -Res.

4* Lucius: +‎Res, -Spd.

3* Cherche #2: +‎HP, -Spd.

4* Jakob: +‎Res, -Def.

3* Niles: +‎HP, -Atk. Ew and goodbye.

4* Soren: +‎Spd, -Atk.

4* Fae: +Def, -Res‎.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
If the multipliers weren’t given so much more generously this time, he could’ve done it. Oh well :drsad:
To be fair, without these multipliers, M!corrin wouldn't even stood a chance. Also, everyone on Ninians team got -two- multipliers, but 1510 flags. It really hurts not being able to use them up.

Otherwise, Deidre&Sigurd look fun, Sigurd is quiiiiite the defensive beast if I may say so. But he suffers from the same "being baited" weakness that vantage-hector did.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning everyone. How're you all doing? :4zelda:

Had my tutorial last night, which was interesting to say the least. Mainly learned how to work on reports, Harvard referencing and how not to plagiarise. I've asked for the documents my tutor presented to us during the tutorial, so hopefully I can get all that and have it all printed for myself to look at and write notes on.

But other than that and getting on with Uni work, I'll probably be checking out Net-juu no Susume (Recovery of an MMO Junkie) and will potentially check out both Love Live! and its sequel Love Live! Sunshine.

I still need to work on my RPG. Been neglecting that for god knows how long. Need to also post the current one online for some of us to try out. :secretkpop:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ffamran Ffamran , you may be in luck. With the new Holy War banner, it’s very likely that Arvis will be a GHB, as a red Mage

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Oh yeah, before I forget... saw someone talk about Fe Warriors.

How's the characters so far? I saw playstyles, but in terms of powers, is the difference hard inbetween them, or is it barely noticeable, considering their stats?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Deirdre and Sigurd look cool

Tailtiu is the obvious 4* drop from the banner, and she doesn’t look like she’ll be very unique. Sigurd being a mage tank will be an interesting niche (the only other red sword cavalry that can do that is Eliwood, but he can't tank as effectively thanks to Sigurd's weapon and B passive).

I guess Arvis is all but confirmed now. I know it's super unlikely, but I want him to be an armored mage. IS might not want to introduce that into the game, though

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I’m annoyed that they’re introducing a new Quick Riposte unit and she’s all but confirmed to be 5 Star exclusive. >:I

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If you think skills like L&D3 and QR3 are going to drop down to 4* anytime soon, then you're only going to set yourself up for disappointment

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Long Term, Pokemon Amie in Pokemon X and Y is somewhat busted. All you have to do is spend 30 minutes to max out affection on a Pokemon and they gain increased evasiveness, chances of critical hits and the ability to endure an otherwise deadly attack.
With Six Pokemon, that makes 3 hours, which isn't that much compared to the overall game.
Also the mini games in it aren't that bad.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh yeah, before I forget... saw someone talk about Fe Warriors.

How's the characters so far? I saw playstyles, but in terms of powers, is the difference hard inbetween them, or is it barely noticeable, considering their stats?
It can be big in some cases - Lyn hits sword users harder than Hinoka does - but Corrin's the only character that feels obviously worse than others to me, and that has more to do with her attacks than her stats (though her stats aren't good either).

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
It can be big in some cases - Lyn hits sword users harder than Hinoka does - but Corrin's the only character that feels obviously worse than others to me, and that has more to do with her attacks than her stats (though her stats aren't good either).
How do they work? Just am afraid that I'll not be able to enjoy Anna as much as I hope her to be, because she'll be demolished cause of stat reasons.

And hey, Lyn doing good seems fun.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
How do they work? Just am afraid that I'll not be able to enjoy Anna as much as I hope her to be, because she'll be demolished cause of stat reasons.

And hey, Lyn doing good seems fun.
I went over stats two pages back, but to shorten it to offensive stats,

Strength/Magic are your physical/magical attack. There's a weapon trait that lets you swap which stat you use.
Skill influences damage from musou and criticals, which is where most of your damage is going to come from.
Luck increases the defense-ignoring effects of the skill Moonlight. Enemies don't have visible stats, so I'm still unsure how big a difference this makes.

Compared to Takumi and Sakura, Anna has the lowest attack stats, is #2 for Skill, and has the highest Luck (in the entire game). As for how that translates to gameplay, she'll be worse than Takumi, but she's still totally fine as a character.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I went over stats two pages back, but to shorten it to offensive stats,

Strength/Magic are your physical/magical attack. There's a weapon trait that lets you swap which stat you use.
Skill influences damage from musou and criticals, which is where most of your damage is going to come from.
Luck increases the defense-ignoring effects of the skill Moonlight. Enemies don't have visible stats, so I'm still unsure how big a difference this makes.

Compared to Takumi and Sakura, Anna has the lowest attack stats, is #2 for Skill, and has the highest Luck (in the entire game). As for how that translates to gameplay, she'll be worse than Takumi, but she's still totally fine as a character.
Thanks for the rundown! Kinda disheartening to see her atk stat suffering in comparison, but atleast she got respectable level of Def&Res. Eh, it's a warriors game, so not like I won't enjoy murdering masses anyways.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ffamran Ffamran , you may be in luck. With the new Holy War banner, it’s very likely that Arvis will be a GHB, as a red Mage
I know... *looks at all the orbs I spent in a frenzy last night* I... I just want another happy, goofy-looking Olivia.

I’m annoyed that they’re introducing a new Quick Riposte unit and she’s all but confirmed to be 5 Star exclusive. >:I
I expected Deirdre to have Renewal and Miracle as her skills instead of Ardent Sacrifice and QR. She can heal in Genealogy of the Holy War, so AS makes sense to reference that, but QR is weird since Deirdre, according to her wiki page, starts with a Circlet (and Aura and Silence Staff) and has Nihil as her skill. Circlet is basically Miracle and Renewal which she doesn't have in Heroes by default. Guard would have made more sense on her than QR because of Nihil.

Speaking of B-skills that would have made sense, Tailtiu has Wrath in Genealogy of the Holy War. Meanwhile, in Heroes. Also, she reminds me of Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho for some reason.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I lost all my braincells for a moment and pulled a white stone, so now I have two Olivia's! Y A Y!

Should I merge them? Distant Def 3 isn't as useful.

:150:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I lost all my braincells for a moment and pulled a white stone, so now I have two Olivia's! Y A Y!

Why can't I have one PA Olivia?

Also, screw the Paralogue 11 chain challenge. Freaking tank Ike and M!Robin getting doubled twice by Galeforce Roy. The sad part was that everyone who wasn't Lyn was hard to deal with. The Holy War chain challenge will probably going be just as annoying with Sigurd tanking everything.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

Well, if you got a decent IV spread on one, and want to keep expanding onto that, like a +atk -def for a poison-dagger build.
I'd totally roll for a third, and merge for the extra speed+atk/res.

Geez, I wish I didn't had -atk...

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I still wanna use Seliph cause he seems pretty fun and he has a cute voice, but every Seliph I’ve gotten has been -Def ;-; hopefully a 4 Star will show up sometime soon. The 4 Stars may be more common now, but it still gives me 4 Star Stahls instead of some of the cooler swords >:I

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Late night summonings. Don't do this because your judgement is poor when you're tired. Color sniping has never worked for me. I summoned another Shigure from a full pull after Raigh's shenanigans in a summon with four reds and one blue; +Atk, but -Res Camilla showed up, and I finally summoned another Cherche... But at what cost? Olivia, why? It's like with bride Cordelia again... ;_;
3* Raigh: +HP, -Atk. Sent home.

4* Laslow: +‎Atk, -Res 4*.

4* Est: +Res, -HP‎. Sent home since she doesn't really have anything I want.

5* Shigure: +‎Def, -HP.

3* Cherche #1: +Res, -Spd.

4* Klein: neutral.

4* Lachesis: +Spd, -Res.

4* Lissa: +‎Atk, -Res.

3* Beruka: neutral. Sent home because we just got a free Beruka.

4* Camilla: +Atk, -Res.

4* Lucius: +‎Res, -Spd.

3* Cherche #2: +‎HP, -Spd.

4* Jakob: +‎Res, -Def.

3* Niles: +‎HP, -Atk. Ew and goodbye.

4* Soren: +‎Spd, -Atk.

4* Fae: +Def, -Res‎.
You got Shigure??? AAAAAAAAAAAA

My pity rate was broken when I was trying to get him so I could have a functioning Matt Mercer Team of husbandos. Ryoma, Bunny Chrom, and Shigure would be the perfect trio. Especially because Shigure is probably going to be the only time we get Singer Shigure/Singer Matt Mercer. Though I guess I'm not allowed to be mad that Nephenee is the one who blocked me from keeping my pity rate. I'll just have to dry my intense amount of angry-but-mostly-sad tears and carry on.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Not everyone is bulding a mage slayer Niles.

It's definitely a good A slot skill, but I don't see myself putting it on many units compared to Fury, LnD, X Blow, etc.

Now that it’s possible to upgrade sacred seals, Distant Defense is even better since you can stack the skill with the seal to get +12 def/res. Put both of them on a tanky unit like Marx and you’re all set to destroy some heauxes

Seriously, the skill is super good on Marx and he’s a good candidate for inheriting it

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I’m glad I still haven’t found the motivation to replace Distant Defense on my Celica. Now with the seal she can actually have good defenses and bait mages and such
I knew it would be good eventually :D but I actually just didn’t wanna but L&D 3 again rip

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I agree Distant Defense is good, though I really like Brave Ike's skill and Black Knight's skill that gives DEF regardless of range, so it works better for units meant to be physical tanks.

It's STUPIDLY good now, probably to fend off Brave Heaux Of The Plains. I want Close DEF now and Wrathful Staff or a teleport thing.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
DD is too good on too many units. Even F!Robin with a raventome could use it, alongside bowbreaker, and finish off even cancel affinity users, thanks to her not relying on TA.

But I guess most people use it like me, and do this.

With Naga-tome, she reaches +14 Def/Res by being attacked. She does not get damaged by Reinhards at all anymore, and tanks even B!Lyn's.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon everyone. How're you all doing? :4zelda:

I just feel rather tired today, but out and about all morning. Also, forgot that Splatoon 2 got a patch; had a quick look and seems like the Tenta Brella did get buffed, but the Aerosprays were left unchanged. smh

I also had a pretty bad run in Ranked as well, I'll most definitely be stuck at S and nothing more. I still blame the Aerospray users since they're the biggest pain in the backside to deal with. :x

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
DD is too good on too many units. Even F!Robin with a raventome could use it, alongside bowbreaker, and finish off even cancel affinity users, thanks to her not relying on TA.

With Naga-tome, she reaches +14 Def/Res by being attacked. She does not get damaged by Reinhards at all anymore, and tanks even B!Lyn's.
[/spoiler]
My FC is 5067145222 if you want to add me in Heroes.

This is my Julia:
CFC1E32D-80CE-4761-869D-01F77376FF95.png
iirc she’s +atk -res. Tbh I don’t use her much because I usually just use flier or armor emblem

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

~ W I S E • G O R L ~ confirmed.

That's a nice Julia build and not a common one too. I personally don't like Julia as a unit, but she's cute as a character. If Distant DEF 3 could be obtained easier I think I'd like her as a unit since that's what I'd put on her too. Her book helps her out, so giving her Distant DEF just makes more sense than Fury 3 or whatever filler option people go for these days.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You got Shigure??? AAAAAAAAAAAA

My pity rate was broken when I was trying to get him so I could have a functioning Matt Mercer Team of husbandos. Ryoma, Bunny Chrom, and Shigure would be the perfect trio. Especially because Shigure is probably going to be the only time we get Singer Shigure/Singer Matt Mercer. Though I guess I'm not allowed to be mad that Nephenee is the one who blocked me from keeping my pity rate. I'll just have to dry my intense amount of angry-but-mostly-sad tears and carry on.

It's my second Shigure. ._.

Inigo and (first) Shigure are fine, especially since they and PA Olivia are the only ranged dancers in the game, so they can abuse ranged shenanigans like mages being able to have WTA against colorless units and being able to use -blade tomes and thieves have debuffs and Poison Dagger, so there's that. Second Shigure is a disappointment when +Def, -HP doesn't really do anything useful for him; he drops down from 34 HP to 31 and goes up from 21 defense to 24. First Shigure at least can tank magic and use Iceberg well by being +Res, -Def.

I just remembered that I summoned two Elincias on the last banner while trying to get Nephenee. Now it's two Shigures while trying to get PA Olivia (and Azura). -____-

Anyway, I think I might build a Florina. She's just sitting around doing nothing; I've never given anyone Ardent Sacrifice or Darting Blow, so she's just there taking up space along with every other freeloader in my barracks. At least I could dump Iceberg/Glacies on her if I do build her. Probably going to go with a mage tank build with Berkut's Lance to replace her Heavy Lance -- why does she have this stupid thing.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
tbh once the FE4 banner goes up, I'm going to try for Tailtiu just so I can use her as Blarblade fodder for Bride Caeda. Maybe I'll try and get Drive Spd on her as well since it's a nice skill and all.
Danganronpa: A serious game about students in a life-or-death situation, set up under depressing circumstances
DR fans: Endless memes about a "seesaw homicide" with no end in sight

The internet confuses me sometimes

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Okay, I guess I shouldn't trust everything I read

Skill influences damage from musou and criticals
Doing some testing right now on a specific myrmidon, Skill does not affect criticals. Sakura has higher Magic than Takumi's Strength and less than half Takumi's Skill, and does more damage with C5+crit than he does. Ryouma has higher Strength and lower Skill than Lyn, but also crits for more.

Also some skill damage comparisons,

Takumi C5+crit, no skills

With Trample

With Moonlight (110 Luck)

The boost from Str/Mag+10 is pretty minor. I forgot to take a screenshot, but it's less than Trample's boost. In light of that, I'd probably guess Luck+20 is better, and Skill+10 is entirely unnecessary. Learning that Luck's much better and Skill's much worse than I thought is probably going to shift my character opinions quite a bit, but I'll need to get Caeda and Elise leveled and geared to mess with that more.

This also probably explains why Robin's been seeming oddly weak to me recently. At lower levels she was seeming better than Elise/Leon, when I didn't have skills on anyone. But at endgame her damage is starting to look pathetic, and it's likely because her garbage Luck doesn't let her pierce defenses much with Moonlight.

Edit: Actually I'm gonna need to test with Luck more. If it ends up being overkill for Moonlight at some point, there wouldn't be any real point in trying to max it.

Edit2: Luck+20 looks like it gives a boost somewhere between Strength+10 and Trample against the same test subject. I wouldn't expect him to have extreme defenses, and Takumi's base luck is quite high, so it's probably a safe pick always.

Edit3: Two theories. Either 2 Luck is effectively 1 Str/Mag, or it's actually 1:1 and I capped -def on that enemy. I got bored and sorted all characters by their superior atk stat+Luck for either scenario:
I was lazy with this one so some might be out of order. Based on how weak Robin feels in Anna stages, I kind of doubt this is the correct list.

Elise
Sakura
Ryouma
Takumi
Lissa
Robin
Lucina
Marth
Marx
Lyn
Leon
Anna
Chrom
Celica
Tiki (Dragon)
Corrin
Camilla
Caeda
Rowan
Lianna
Hinoka
Frederick
Cordelia
Tiki (Human)
If this theory's accurate, high Luck values are probably overkill outside of high difficulty missions, so this list probably wouldn't be entirely accurate for gameplay in the majority of stages.

231 Lissa (C1 active)
230 Elise
218 Sakura
212 Takumi
210 Ryouma
207 Anna
206 Marx
205 Lissa, Marth
203 Lucina
194 Celica
192 Lyn
191 Caeda
188 Corrin
186 Leon
185 Chrom
180 Rowan, Tiki (Dragon)
179 Lianna
177 Robin
171 Hinoka
162 Camilla
150 Tiki (Human)
149 Cordelia
142 Frederick

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
tbh once the FE4 banner goes up, I'm going to try for Tailtiu just so I can use her as Blarblade fodder for Bride Caeda. Maybe I'll try and get Drive Spd on her as well since it's a nice skill and all.
I'm going to try for Tailtiu just so I can use her as Blarblade fodder for Bride Caeda.
use her as Blarblade fodder for Bride Caeda.
use her as Blarblade fodder
Here's a sad Odin.

For an easy payment of up to 22,000 feathers, you can make Odin feel happy that he's somewhat useful. :p

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
F!Corrin unsurprisingly lost to Ninian

Even with basically constant multipliers at the end, F!Corrin still couldn’t cheese out the win

Rip in pieces

Last edited:
Top Bottom