• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've used 80 orbs so far and the only good thing I've got so far is a -spd/+def Robin. If anything, Heroic Lance is really useful, especially combined with the SP bonus this weekend, I've been getting 12 SP per kill on her and the Spring Xander I'm raising up with ha. I just hope I'll be able to get Tiki in time as I'm in need for a good green unit and she looks pretty useful with Close Defense and Heroic Axe (RIP -atk/+res Raven).
Lance Valor -- is it actually called Heroic Lance elsewhere? -- and the SP Bonus is so fun. And her default skill set is super cheap too. You only need 480 SP to get everything.

Being the only lance infantry with good resistance without needing to be +Res like Donnel and Oboro is nice. She's basically Sharena if she dumped 8 points of HP and 1 point of defense for 2 more speed and 7 more resistance or Azura if she wasn't a dancer and had 8 points dumped into defense to give her an infantry's BST. Low HP, but she's pretty bulky when you consider she has 35 HP, 34 speed, 28 defense, and 29 resistance by default. With HP Def 2, she'd have 39 HP, 34 speed, 30 defense, and 29 resistance. Being at full health boosts puts her at 39 HP, 36 speed, 32 defense, and 31 resistance. Oh, and 34 base attack which with Deft Harpoon+ means she'd have 48 attack. Giving her a Sapphire Lance would let her wall the hell out of reds. Distant Counter would be icing on the cake.

Offensively, not to sure about that since bride Charlotte, Donnel, and Sharena exist and outside of lance infantry, Abel, Camus, Cordelia, Est with a Brave Lance, Hinoka, Peri with a Brave or Firesweep, and Roderick. If you could get her to move around, Effie would destroy everything too.

As for axe units, do you have Barst, Legion, and Michalis? They're pretty good, except you'd need to train them. Ditto with Anna who's super-duper fast, but is made of magical paper. Despite being outclassed by Frederick, Gunter's all right too.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
My Robin was +Atk -Def so I just went with a brave build, I'm gonna train her a tad bit more to get Iceberg and then I'll be finished. Lance Valor + 2x SP weekend is scarily good. After this I'm gonna get my effie trained up too.

:150:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , your Shanna is scary. She suddenly showed up with her Sapphire Lance and I was like, "Whose Shanna is this?" Also, she has a ton of skills. What are you planning!?

Speaking of Sapphire Lance, I encountered a Cordelia with a Sapphire Lance in arena. Way to ruin her damage output, arena person. She could have just kept her Brave Lance and T-Adept.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay gorls gimme some help with Celica for a second ok ty.
For her A slot, should I give her Death Blow 3 or Life & Death 3? (She's +Atk -Res). I was originally gonna go with DB3 because it allowed her to 1 shot a neutral Hector, but I noticed that she can do that with L&D3 and the Attack +1 S Seal as well, plus she gains speed from it. But then she'd die to basically anything in 1 hit.
So I'm asking: should I give her 60 atk and 38 spd while letting her take a hit and opening up her S slot for something else; or go with 60 atk and 43 spd, but at the cost of her S slot and survivability? Those are all with Ragnarok's bonus up since her B slot is gonna be Renewal and Alm is also there to keep her topped up.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , your Shanna is scary. She suddenly showed up with her Sapphire Lance and I was like, "Whose Shanna is this?" Also, she has a ton of skills. What are you planning!?

Speaking of Sapphire Lance, I encountered a Cordelia with a Sapphire Lance in arena. Way to ruin her damage output, arena person. She could have just kept her Brave Lance and T-Adept.
World domination because I'm the chief, right? Right.

But f'real, it's one of the first Shannas I pulled and I've been using her ever since. She got a ton of skills thrown on her over the months. I wanted Sapphire Lance+ initially, but then Roderick just had to taunt me with built-in-desperation lance so ofc I'm going with that.

Eventually she'll just end up with Firesweep Lance+, Swift Sparrow 2 (I killed my Eliwood to give her this RIP RIP RIP freaky bug eyed man), Drag Back, and Hone Fliers.

Okay gorls gimme some help with Celica for a second ok ty.
For her A slot, should I give her Death Blow 3 or Life & Death 3? (She's +Atk -Res). I was originally gonna go with DB3 because it allowed her to 1 shot a neutral Hector, but I noticed that she can do that with L&D3 and the Attack +1 S Seal as well, plus she gains speed from it. But then she'd die to basically anything in 1 hit.
So I'm asking: should I give her 60 atk and 38 spd while letting her take a hit and opening up her S slot for something else; or go with 60 atk and 43 spd, but at the cost of her S slot and survivability? Those are all with Ragnarok's bonus up since her B slot is gonna be Renewal and Alm is also there to keep her topped up.
LnD3 is what you want on a unit that dies in 1 hit anyway (Summer Frederick being an exception to this apparently) The thing is her stats allow her to tank a hit without much worry, so maybe LnD3 would not be ideal. She might prefer Swift Sparrow or Death Blow more. Perhaps Darting Blow if she absolutely relies on doubling to kill a lot of things. I'd advice against Fury because that means she'd die next phase anyway (-11HP total RIP gorlie). It seems they built her with the idea that she would take 5 damage from herself, so they gave her JUST ENOUGH bulk to deal with speedsters trying to kill her (they won't double her) but she can still be nuked.

I finished my Summer RobinF, for now. What y’all think?

40 ATK isn't that powerful tbh, but you only have BL so that's fine. Threaten DEF totally works on her if you space yourself properly, which would make up for the lack of a BL+. Nice improvising, sis. She looks good. Now if only I could say the same about her shouldn't-be kinda-moe face...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
World domination because I'm the chief, right? Right.
Sorry, but I can't hear you over these RIPPED MUSCLES! :p

Y'know, Dieck would have been perfect for the summer banner and they wouldn't have needed to change a thing. Well, except explain why he's in the world of Archanea instead of Elibe.

I finished my Summer RobinF, for now. What y’all think?

So, weird thing I learned about from figuring out which special between the attack and resistance ones to give Brave Lance Est and a post I received from it because of her high attack and her resistance being good enough to make use of Iceberg and Glacies. Est actually can get more damage from Draconic Aura and Dragon Fang depending on the circumstances which is usually if she gets any sort of attack buffs, especially Hone Flyers, or is +Atk which mine isn't. Similar case happens with +Atk summer F!Robin since she'd have 35 attack and 29 resistance which is about the same as a neutral Est having 35 attack and 30 resistance.

With Brave Lance, summer F!Robin would get 2 less damage from DA than Iceberg and 3 less from DF than Glacies before any buffs or skills like Death Blow. With one Hone Attack 3, DA and DF would do 1 less damage than Iceberg and Glacies. With Death Blow 2 and Hone Attack 3, DA would do the same damage as Iceberg and DF would do 1 more damage than Glacies. If you had Death Blow 3 and she received a Hone Attack 3 buff, DA would do 1 more damage than Iceberg and DF would do 2 more than Glacies.

On the other hand, if she gets Fortify Res 3, then Iceberg and Glacies would always be stronger than DA and DF even with Death Blow 2 or 3.

If you get both Hone Attack 3 and Fortify Res 3 and you had Death Blow 3, DA and DF would do 1 less damage than Iceberg and Glacies. At that point, though, it's overkill since you're basically giving everything she needs to do a crapton of damage.

If you had Brave Lance+, DA and DF would do 2 less than Iceberg and Glacies before any buffs or skills. With Death Blow 2 or Hone Attack 3, DA and DF would do the same amount of damage as Iceberg and Glacies. Adding in Death Blow 2 or 3 with Hone Attack 3 means she'll always get more damage from DA and DF than Iceberg and Glacies.

If she gets Fortify Res 3, however, then the same thing would happen with Brave Lance where Iceberg and Glacies will always be stronger than DA and DF even with Death Blow 2 or 3.

If she gets both Hone Attack 3 and Fortify Res 3, Glacies will match DF while Iceberg will do 1 more damage than DA.

Basically, if she gets more attack buffs than resistance buffs, DA and DF will match or be stronger than Iceberg and Glacies, but only if she has at least Death Blow 2. It's not really by that much, though. Then again, 1 or 2 damage can make the difference. Anyway, if she gets resistance buffs more than attack buffs, Iceberg and Glacies are stronger. If she gets both, it doesn't really matter, but Iceberg and Glacies will be stronger.

So, not saying you should change Iceberg to DA or that you made a bad choice, it's just that it's an interesting thing when a character's attack and defense or resistance is high enough they can make use of both specials and they edge each other slightly depending on the circumstances. You'd think, for example, Est would get more damage from Iceberg and Glacies because she has 30 resistance, but nope, she can actually get just as much or more damage with DA and DF. A character would need very high defense or resistance for this to not happen when they also have high attack. Frederick is one of those people since even with +Atk, Death Blow 3, and Hone Cavalry, he will always get more damage from Bonfire than DA and DF will only slightly edge out Ignis by 1 damage.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Sorry, but I can't hear you over these RIPPED MUSCLES! :p

Y'know, Dieck would have been perfect for the summer banner and they wouldn't have needed to change a thing. Well, except explain why he's in the world of Archanea instead of Elibe.

So, weird thing I learned about from figuring out which special between the attack and resistance ones to give Brave Lance Est and a post I received from it because of her high attack and her resistance being good enough to make use of Iceberg and Glacies. Est actually can get more damage from Draconic Aura and Dragon Fang depending on the circumstances which is usually if she gets any sort of attack buffs, especially Hone Flyers, or is +Atk which mine isn't. Similar case happens with +Atk summer F!Robin since she'd have 35 attack and 29 resistance which is about the same as a neutral Est having 35 attack and 30 resistance.

With Brave Lance, summer F!Robin would get 2 less damage from DA than Iceberg and 3 less from DF than Glacies before any buffs or skills like Death Blow. With one Hone Attack 3, DA and DF would do 1 less damage than Iceberg and Glacies. With Death Blow 2 and Hone Attack 3, DA would do the same damage as Iceberg and DF would do 1 more damage than Glacies. If you had Death Blow 3 and she received a Hone Attack 3 buff, DA would do 1 more damage than Iceberg and DF would do 2 more than Glacies.

On the other hand, if she gets Fortify Res 3, then Iceberg and Glacies would always be stronger than DA and DF even with Death Blow 2 or 3.

If you get both Hone Attack 3 and Fortify Res 3 and you had Death Blow 3, DA and DF would do 1 less damage than Iceberg and Glacies. At that point, though, it's overkill since you're basically giving everything she needs to do a crapton of damage.

If you had Brave Lance+, DA and DF would do 2 less than Iceberg and Glacies before any buffs or skills. With Death Blow 2 or Hone Attack 3, DA and DF would do the same amount of damage as Iceberg and Glacies. Adding in Death Blow 2 or 3 with Hone Attack 3 means she'll always get more damage from DA and DF than Iceberg and Glacies.

If she gets Fortify Res 3, however, then the same thing would happen with Brave Lance where Iceberg and Glacies will always be stronger than DA and DF even with Death Blow 2 or 3.

If she gets both Hone Attack 3 and Fortify Res 3, Glacies will match DF while Iceberg will do 1 more damage than DA.

Basically, if she gets more attack buffs than resistance buffs, DA and DF will match or be stronger than Iceberg and Glacies, but only if she has at least Death Blow 2. It's not really by that much, though. Then again, 1 or 2 damage can make the difference. Anyway, if she gets resistance buffs more than attack buffs, Iceberg and Glacies are stronger. If she gets both, it doesn't really matter, but Iceberg and Glacies will be stronger.

So, not saying you should change Iceberg to DA or that you made a bad choice, it's just that it's an interesting thing when a character's attack and defense or resistance is high enough they can make use of both specials and they edge each other slightly depending on the circumstances. You'd think, for example, Est would get more damage from Iceberg and Glacies because she has 30 resistance, but nope, she can actually get just as much or more damage with DA and DF. A character would need very high defense or resistance for this to not happen when they also have high attack. Frederick is one of those people since even with +Atk, Death Blow 3, and Hone Cavalry, he will always get more damage from Bonfire than DA and DF will only slightly edge out Ignis by 1 damage.
ok but who is that and why was this top tier husbando not mentioned before? Also Shanna is still a better gorlo than that man ever will be. :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
ok but who is that and why was this top tier husbando not mentioned before? Also Shanna is still a better gorlo than that man ever will be. :^)
Gorl, I mentioned him twice. Here: https://smashboards.com/threads/zel...-internet-cafe.344739/page-3153#post-21670111, and here: https://smashboards.com/threads/zel...-internet-cafe.344739/page-3154#post-21670616. I even quoted you in the second one.

Dieck is Klein's friend and protector, Shanna's employer aka her chief, and an all-around good guy. Definitely a top tier husbando even if he's not the best gorl. :p

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Gorl, I mentioned him twice. Here: https://smashboards.com/threads/zel...-internet-cafe.344739/page-3153#post-21670111, and here: https://smashboards.com/threads/zel...-internet-cafe.344739/page-3154#post-21670616. I even quoted you in the second one.

Dieck is Klein's friend and protector, Shanna's employer aka her chief, and an all-around good guy. Definitely a top tier husbando even if he's not the best gorl. :p
Oh Dieck. He has been a husbando-fied Dieck, even though the original isn't too bad either. Pls gib buff husbando now.

Edit:
Holy **** where has this Mega Gorl been hiding? Dat hair must be ha super power.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
She might prefer Swift Sparrow
2 problemos with that tho
1) She can't 1-shot Heck man even with the Attack +1 seal
2) Katarina is locked away at 5 stars and so are my chances of getting SS fodder

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
2 problemos with that tho
1) She can't 1-shot Heck man even with the Attack +1 seal
2) Katarina is locked away at 5 stars and so are my chances of getting SS fodder

or deathblow, gorlie, omg

Death Blow might be for the best if your gorlo is capable of 1HKO. But you say she's not, so then Darting Blow might be best. If she relies on doubles to kill junk, she's most def gonna need help to make sure she doubles everything forever and ever. Life and Death is a good way to get both and her HP is beefy enough to take a hit even with lower defenses (that's why LnD3 works so well on Summer Frederick too).

Speaking of which I still need to train a few more viable units. I have 26. :T

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
DB and Renewal it is I guess

Just did another round of summoning and while I didn't get any husbandos, I did get my first Fae so thank you game for giving me something that I need. No more wasting 20k feathers on 5*ing Lissa for her Renewal.
:happysheep:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Master Sword mains. How's everyone doing? :link64:

Just been and got sorted, and I did the usual grinding in Disgaea 5 Complete (It sure is one heck of a trek though, trying to get my units powerful so I can beat the penultimate Super Boss of the game). But hopefully it'll be worth it.

I will need to try and get some of the best equipment though such as the Carnage Trapezohedron which I feel like is going to take me a long while to get. Especially with levelling it up to 500 and making it an Epic Rarity too.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Summer Banner summoning went well, I think. My notable pulls:

5* Summer Robin, -SPD / +RES
5* Summer Tiki, -HP / +ATK
4* Cordelia, -DEF / +ATK
4* M!Robin, -DEF / +SPD
4* Roderick, Fodder for the Fodder Gods

And two more -ATK Cherches because apparently after two dozen of her the game still refuses to give me a +ATK smh.

I'm pretty sure those are the best natures for M!Robin and Cordelia, so I guess those are going to be future 5*s.

The -SPD on Summer!Robin is unfortunate, but having a Lance mage wall is nice. I think a Sapphire Lance will be the best choice for her.
Summer Tiki is probably going to go the typical Brave Axe route with that nature.

Haven't decided what to do with Roderick. I'm still building a Horse team and my -SPD / +RES Peri would like that Firesweep Lance, but Camus existing makes it hard to choose any other lance horsey. Maybe give it to Summer Robin?

Also Shanna is still a better gorlo than that man ever will be. :^)
What's your Shanna got? My goto blue flier is Hinoka and now I have a good Cordelia, but they're basically the same unit build-wise. Expanding my flier team roster would be cool.

Morning Master Sword mains. How's everyone doing? :link64:

The one bad thing about waiting to get a Switch is that when I finally do get it, I'll never be able to put in the time I typically do into a Disgaea game.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

The one bad thing about waiting to get a Switch is that when I finally do get it, I'll never be able to put in the time I typically do into a Disgaea game.
You plan on putting time into games like Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, etc. once you get it?

I've already sunk in about 150 Hours into D5C. And only a handful of that was to have some of my units master every class quickly. And while my units can now achieve over 5 Million in each stat, that it still not enough. I'll be needing to aim for around 50 Million just to beat Baal. (I've mainly been doing it the slow method of grind in Martial Training 4 when they're at Lv. 1 with Triple EXP. Then go to the Carnage Version of it with Triple EXP and EXP at 1000%. You can surprisingly reach Lv. 9999 in just two stages. My Mage Himeko went from Lv. 1 - 3319 from the original one, then from that level to 9999 thanks to the Carnage version.)

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Summer Banner summoning went well, I think. My notable pulls:

5* Summer Robin, -SPD / +RES
5* Summer Tiki, -HP / +ATK
4* Cordelia, -DEF / +ATK
4* M!Robin, -DEF / +SPD
4* Roderick, Fodder for the Fodder Gods

And two more -ATK Cherches because apparently after two dozen of her the game still refuses to give me a +ATK smh.

I'm pretty sure those are the best natures for M!Robin and Cordelia, so I guess those are going to be future 5*s.

The -SPD on Summer!Robin is unfortunate, but having a Lance mage wall is nice. I think a Sapphire Lance will be the best choice for her.
Summer Tiki is probably going to go the typical Brave Axe route with that nature.

Haven't decided what to do with Roderick. I'm still building a Horse team and my -SPD / +RES Peri would like that Firesweep Lance, but Camus existing makes it hard to choose any other lance horsey. Maybe give it to Summer Robin?

What's your Shanna got? My goto blue flier is Hinoka and now I have a good Cordelia, but they're basically the same unit build-wise. Expanding my flier team roster would be cool.

I want a +atk cordelia so bad.
I have 4 of her but 3 of them are +res and the other is neutral.
Ajfkskbd

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I have a +atk -res Cordelia that I never finished training up

I want a +spd one for a Flier Emblem Firesweep Lance build

I should probably finish up my Cordelia and replace Hinoka with her

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
What do you guys feel about these Hero Fest #2 predictions? people believe IS is trying to get F2P players to waste their orbs early to tempt them to buy orbs with a hero fest banner at the end of the month. Now I'm paranoid, agggh! T___T

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ajfkskbd
I have 4 of her.
I wished I had a Cordelia. ._.

What do you guys feel about these Hero Fest #2 predictions? people believe IS is trying to get F2P players to waste their orbs early to tempt them to buy orbs with a hero fest banner at the end of the month. Now I'm paranoid, agggh! T___T

The Hero Fest banner was done around Golden Week in Japan and I think that was the main reason for it. Someone asked about that on Serene's Forest and that was the reply with that it probably won't happen again until next year. Now, if you're talking about something like a CYL banner that would run alongside the summer banner, then yeah, much suffering.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I summoneed and got TWO Jakobs. Please, kill ME.

and now I have a +Spe/-Res Nino and a +Spe/-HP Nino. which nature would be better for fighting opposing blue mages?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
You plan on putting time into games like Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, etc. once you get it?
Hopefully, I guess? Well, the first one at least. Xenoblade 2 I don't think I'm going to get.

But Mario Odyssey looks like a game I can really pick up and play for a few minutes, then move on to the next thing on my list, then go back to it. Disgaea is a series I get really immersed in and sink about 200 hours into. Only immersion is really hard when other obligations might mean I don't have a chance to touch it for a month or so in between. That's one reason I've always predominantly been a handheld gamer.

Like, I have the time to do that this summer, but I'm not sure about after this summer. And I cannot find a store that has a switch to sell anywhere in the city.

What Hero Fest #2 predictions?

Regardless, like Ffamran said Hero Fest was to celebrate Golden Week in Japan. Gacha Games typically all follow more or less the same schedule, and that's definitely one of the biggest ones.

That said there is going to be something big soonish, but I don't know when exactly or in what form; The Choose Your Legends Event winners. IIRC, that's supposed to either be happening either near the end of the summer or just after it or something. It's always possible that they move that up. And we don't know in what form people can get the winners; they could be special pulls in a banner, Tempest Trials rewards like Masked Marth was, or even login gifts.

I summoneed and got TWO Jakobs. Please, kill ME.
Congratulations, you have two perfectly good Renewal 2 fodders. Now that Tempest Trials are a thing, that's a really good thing to have on hand. I threw that skill on half my team during the first Trial.

and now I have a +Spe/-Res Nino and a +Spe/-HP Nino. which nature would be better for fighting opposing blue mages?
They're basically identical in that regard, though -HP has the edge because of the color advantage. A +ATK nature Reinhardt with Calvary buffs and Fury 3 kills -RES Nino (by a single point over, so there's a 3 HP point difference in damage), but -HP Nino tanks with 2 HP remaining and kills on the counterattack.

I think I'd go with -RES though unless it's specifically Calvary Blue Mages you're worried about. She survives 12 more melee encounters that way if she needs to.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Ajfkskbd
Neutral isn't ever a bad thing tho. The only unit that really suffers from being neutral is Quadsuna since she absolutely needs +Spd (but who even uses Quadsuna anymore????). So of course +Atk is better but take the neutral for now and you'll be fine.
I read this, usually. I play fire emblem heroes.

But I also just constantly make fun of how weak flame sword is. (Note: extremely weak)
You're more persistent than me at reminding people that Cloud is a bad character!

I mean, it'll happen eventually. It's more of a question of when (and that when could be in, like, November). If we follow the rules of the first Hero Fest which were the most popular units of each color and we don't reuse the same 4 characters...
Red: Ike. Ike would make $€€££¥¢¥£$ easy. Everyone likes Ike.
Blue: Ninian? Or Ephraim. Not really sure tbh. But dancers are popular and Azura was already used. Eph is a hot meme that is also a great unit. The only other wildly popular Blue is Rein and he's available at 4 stars already so nvm.
Green: Minerva or Julia. idrk the only other popular 5* only green is Heck man and he was already used. Leaning more towards Minerva tho.
Colorless: Genny. People really want her Staff of Wrathfullnessess. Including me. I'm ready to roll (for her).

idrk there aren't as many defining characters since most of them were already in the first Hero Fest. Maybe they'll just reuse that one idk.

Cloud is bad btw

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Neutral isn't ever a bad thing tho. The only unit that really suffers from being neutral is Quadsuna since she absolutely needs +Spd (but who even uses Quadsuna anymore????). So of course +Atk is better but take the neutral for now and you'll be fine.
I finished building her a while back but I'd rather use a +atk/-hp azura for a blue since I'm not running flier emblem and their stat spreads are relatively close (less health but w/e).
Screenshot_20170702-185601 (1).png

I'm going to merge them all together eventually tho.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Grats on Melon Gorl. The Sobin is mighty unfortunate. I would save your Firesweep Lance for a unit that can reliably double. If they aren't doubling, they shouldn't be using Firesweep. Sapphire Lance might be good on her. If their offenses or defenses are so-so, but not awful, I find a Gem Weapon fixes them right up.

As for Shanna, she has a lot of skills... Too many, but that's fine. Her nature is +ATK/-RES and I was hoping to get +SPD eventually.

A slot is going to be stuck at Swift Sparrow 2 (OFC).
B slot is Drag Back (Firesweep) or Desperation (Sapphire).
C slot is Hone Fliers but I might give her the option for Fortify Fliers.

Special is Moonbow.

Weapon is intended to be Firesweep, but the tankiness her Sapphire Lance gives her against all reds makes it hard to give up. So I'll just flip flop depending on what my team needs.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
turns out +atk cordelia is the best nature, except for on firesweep builds where +spd is best

i think i'm going to commit super hard on making a flier emblem team now

i have a karel with a bad nature from way back when, so i was thinking of giving his wo dao to my +spd palla

aside from cordelia and palla, idk who to put on my team, though. i didn't get spring camilla, and i haven't been lucky enough to summon a +atk cherche. i have a +atk belka that i need to finish training up, but she's not a very good unit. i also have a hinoka that i SI trained, but cordelia does the same thing as her but better.

i do have an extra hinoka that i can use as hone fliers fodder and i have 2 caedas for fortify fliers. palla has goad fliers by at 4*, which is good. i wish i could summon a minerva for my team and for ward fliers, but rng hates me.

i saw on the heroes subreddit that it's good to run 4 goad fliers on a flier emblem team. should i legit to that or should i just run the standard hone/goad/fortify (no ward bc no minerva)?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde If you have no Hinokas for Hone Flier, then ye, 4 Goad Fliers would be the next best thing (perhaps even better if you position your units properly). However, it's not better for the likes of Blade Tome Bunilla. rip cricricri

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Oh yeah EODM07 EODM07 , Awesome Games Done Quick started today in case you didn't know.

Also, I think we lost Eddie and RosalinA.

I would save your Firesweep Lance for a unit that can reliably double. If they aren't doubling, they shouldn't be using Firesweep.
Really? I would have thought a weapon that prevents doubling would be used on units that, well, can't double anyway.

i have a +atk belka that i need to finish training up, but she's not a very good unit.
i wish i could summon a minerva for my team and for ward fliers, but rng hates me.
No Minerva either is unfortunate. She's stupidly versatile. I know you already pegged her down as future fodder, but your Camilla could definitely work well as your green unit in a pinch.

Do you have all three free Michalis's? He's actually pretty good, but you have to be careful how many you're willing to sacrifice for Iote's Shield. IMO, Subaki and Catria are pretty reasonable units to inherit it from what you have (Catria is imo the bare minimum in defensive ability to make use of it.). You may want to look into Subaki first as the third teammate. Cordelia + Subaki should really be able to take care of pretty much all reds, and I've done the numbers before to know Palla with her RS+ binges on Hectors for breakfast and washes them down with a side of freshly squeezed Julias.

That leaves the melee blues, the magic blues, and Archers. Subaki with Iote's Shield can survive BB+ Bride Cordelia slightly better than even Minerva with IS can, while Michalis dies to it. Belka...just doesn't have the attack to make use of her defense towards most of the important characters in this group. Camilla on the other hand laughs at Nowi and Linde with her bizarrely high RES stat, and can competently take on Reinhardt, Olwen, and Ursula...but probably not Effie, which Michalis and Minerva do better. (Note I didn't look at any of those calcs with flier buffs applied)

So I think I'd recommend: The Cordelia and Palla you already were going to use, along with Subaki and Camilla. You'll need to be clever with your movement based B-skills and Assist skills, and your biggest problem are going to be high defense blues.

But...yeah. The foundation of any flier team I ever used all started with my green unit (Minerva, then a neutral attack Cherche, then Spring Camilla) and I grew it from there. Basically no choice with the reds, and way too much overlap with the blues makes doing it any other way kind of weird.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Really? I would have thought a weapon that prevents doubling would be used on units that, well, can't double anyway.
No gorlie, the Firesweep Lance/Bow just cancels counterattacks for both the gorl using it and the non-gorl.

So my Shanna can double and not be hit, but when she's attacked she just sits there going "Fine, fine! Everything's fine!"

It's a weird way to get a wonky version of forever-active Desperation, allowing the gorl to get Hit and Run/Drag Back instead of being forced to use Desperation to stay alive for more than 1 initiation.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They can, but if you have a unit that can double, then you get 2 free hits that kind of emulates what Brave weapons do, but with higher MT and without -5 speed at the cost of being unable to counterattack yourself.

Brave weapons have higher damage output, but Firesweep weapons are pretty much safer since your opponent can never counterattack meaning you can never be counter killed. On units with high attack and high speed, you can have someone who can kill and chip safely to the point where someone like Peri can actually kill Hector. It'll take a while, but she'll get it done.

Firesweep is kind of like "I don't have the attack to use Brave weapons effectively, but I have the speed to double units." But units with high attack and speed can make good use of them too.

And since Lil Puddin mentioned it, using Firesweep can sort of free up your B-slot for something else if you wanted Desperation to double with a Brave. You could make a unit who sometimes kills, usually chips, and also heals others with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid and Renewal because they never take damage. Or increase their chip damage with Poison Strike, become a seal machine, chip someone, but stop them from getting close enough to activate their special to kill someone else with Guard, and of course, Wings of Mercy for sudden drop-ins of doom.

I think someone made a post about Firesweep Lance on Serene's Forest, but I don't remember where. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Eh... Sort of. Here: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...echoes-of-mystery-614/&page=6#comment-4875414, and the page after it.

And a question about why Firesweep over and compared to Braves: https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...ce-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=4876354.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Oh yeah EODM07 EODM07 , Awesome Games Done Quick started today in case you didn't know.

Also, I think we lost Eddie and RosalinA.

No Minerva either is unfortunate. She's stupidly versatile. I know you already pegged her down as future fodder, but your Camilla could definitely work well as your green unit in a pinch.

Do you have all three free Michalis's? He's actually pretty good, but you have to be careful how many you're willing to sacrifice for Iote's Shield. IMO, Subaki and Catria are pretty reasonable units to inherit it from what you have (Catria is imo the bare minimum in defensive ability to make use of it.). You may want to look into Subaki first as the third teammate. Cordelia + Subaki should really be able to take care of pretty much all reds, and I've done the numbers before to know Palla with her RS+ binges on Hectors for breakfast and washes them down with a side of freshly squeezed Julias.

That leaves the melee blues, the magic blues, and Archers. Subaki with Iote's Shield can survive BB+ Bride Cordelia slightly better than even Minerva with IS can, while Michalis dies to it. Belka...just doesn't have the attack to make use of her defense towards most of the important characters in this group. Camilla on the other hand laughs at Nowi and Linde with her bizarrely high RES stat, and can competently take on Reinhardt, Olwen, and Ursula...but probably not Effie, which Michalis and Minerva do better. (Note I didn't look at any of those calcs with flier buffs applied)

So I think I'd recommend: The Cordelia and Palla you already were going to use, along with Subaki and Camilla. You'll need to be clever with your movement based B-skills and Assist skills, and your biggest problem are going to be high defense blues.

But...yeah. The foundation of any flier team I ever used all started with my green unit (Minerva, then a neutral attack Cherche, then Spring Camilla) and I grew it from there. Basically no choice with the reds, and way too much overlap with the blues makes doing it any other way kind of weird.
I killed Camilla a few hours ago and gave her Brave Axe+ to Frederick. I do have a lone 4* Camilla left, but she's +atk -res, so idk how much that would affect her tanking ability.

I haven't summoned a +atk Tsubaki yet, or else I'd already have trained him up. I do have the neutral one that was a quest reward, and I think I might have a +def -res one. I'd rather use him over Catria, especially since the only Catrias I've ever obtained were a random 5* one with bad IVs that I used to give the Killer Lance+ to Oboro and the neutral one from the flier quests.

I really like Belka, so I'll probably train her up. She could just be an extra flier that I could have built up and ready to use for certain teams.

Thanks for the wall of text about Flier Emblem, though. It helped me quite a bit with figuring everything out.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
wot
Another Tempest ALREADY?
And Gaiden characters?
Does the game want me to +2 Alm that badly?
I has questions

MID-POST EDIT: WAIT WILL THE MASKED MAN FROM ECHOES BE THE NEW CHARACTER IF SO OMG
EDOT 2: TOBIN WOT R U DOING HERE I HAVE SO MAMY QUESTIONS

AND MY ALM CAN GIVE ME MY VONUS THIS YIME YEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
wot
Another Tempest ALREADY?
And Gaiden characters?
Does the game want me to +2 Alm that badly?
I has questions

MID-POST EDIT: WAIT WILL THE MASKED MAN FROM ECHOES BE THE NEW CHARACTER IF SO OMG
EDOT 2: TOBIN WOT R U DOING HERE I HAVE SO MAMY QUESTIONS

AND MY ALM CAN GIVE ME MY VONUS THIS YIME YEEEEEEEE
BUT EVEN BETTER THERE'S FAYE AND I GOT HER DURING MY 2ND SUMMON SO OMFG I FINALLY GOT THE FIRESWEEP BOW FOR MY ONE TRUE WAIFU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also I got Karel again? That low tier no-pec husbando needs to get away from me. I'm just glad it's not 2 reds and 2 blues like last time. They need to make sure each color is represented for each TT otherwise the banner will be annoying and team comp will also be annoying. eeesh

I'm OK with Tobin, but I am not sure I really care to have him... Masked Lucina is at least cool and can run Nursina just like normal Lucina. tbh I was hoping we'd have a Fates Tempest Trial with Nohrian Azura as the bonus unit.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Kokiri Sword mains. How's everyone doing? :younglinkmelee:

Been out shopping today just to get some things and realized yesterday that I managed to get some Evilities in Disgaea 5 Complete that can help improve my units stats even more. Being one from the Noble Demon that increases the unit's stats based on the amount of HL you have x 3%. And one that most bosses seem to have being that stats increase by 30%, but cannot be lifted which I think is from the Armour Knights.

Combined those two Evilities and put them on my Mage, her attack stat reach over 10 Million. So now I know what to do, go into any of the multi stat increasing items like a Carnage Dark Rosary, get it to Legendary or Epic Rarity and get the next tier item up to Carnage Trapezohedron.

Also, TF2 had two weird days where players were getting kicked, couldn't access Casual Servers and there were tons of private maps with the tags "World 11, Pyroland and CP". And this is due to Valve doing server maintanence for the upcoming Jungle & Pyro update. (Please be good.)

And thanks for the notification Buddhahobo Buddhahobo . I'm just waiting for when TASBOT appears, I love watching the stuff TASBOT does. Especially the Brain Age TAS and even MK64 TAS.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Also I got Karel again? That low tier no-pec husbando needs to get away from me. I'm just glad it's not 2 reds and 2 blues like last time. They need to make sure each color is represented for each TT otherwise the banner will be annoying and team comp will also be annoying. eeesh
I'm disappointed in the 20% bonus units, though. They were all free units in the first one.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why is Tobin a sword unit... Why... There's already so many of them and Gray would make more sense as a sword unit.

Also, I love how Celica is not part of the banner. Yeah, screw you too, game. She could have been part of it and I could have hoped, but no... Oh well. At least I have Mae and that's who truly matters. :p

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I like Tobin but...why is he a sword. Like, I get that they can't avoid making more swords, but they definitely could with Tobin. At least make him a mounted unit, since I made him a cavalier in Echoes. Or even yknow, give him his canon class as a mounted archer. That would've been better than giving me another sword when I already have 5 and want to build 2 others :drsad:

Top Bottom