• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato GG and thanks, that was really fun and your Lucina is pretty good. Idk if I'll be able to continue later but maybe. My only advice is to mix up your get up options since I notice you only doing the standing get up and occasionally jumping off the ledge and onto the stage, so maybe try rolling or jumping from the ledge? Kind of hypocritical since I need to work on that lol, but otherwise really solid gameplay. Any tips for my Shulk?
Mix up some of your edgeguarding, you gimped me the first few times then I caught on. Sometimes I didn't sweetspot the edge and you could've just stayed there and Fsmashed

@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght when I get home I'll play

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
I've been playing against some online pals of mine lately. I've won 95% of the matches, but that's not saying much as this is their first Smash game IIRC. Is it bad that I still feel proud of myself

Also, I have pizza #bjellus

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
.. Am I the only one who's not really a fan of MK?
Racing games are probably 1 of 2 only game types I've gotten severely IRL mad at ( especially MK ).
Your not alone lol

EDIT: seems I missed a raid :[

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Other than some glaring flaws, the eventhubs looks pretty legit, IMO. Rosalina is definitely not best character, Link, Fox, and Marcina should be a lot lower, and Bowser (Jr.), Wario, MK, Ganon, Olimar, and Jigglypuff should be higher. (Zelda's way better than Samus too.)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If Rosalina is even in the Top 10, then she's going to be 9th or 10th. She's a solid character but has some pretty noticeable flaws. It's getting easier and easier to counter her now that everyone is figuring out how to reliably get rid of Luma with their mains. She can still hold her own, though, but I seriously doubt she'll ever break the Top 5 again.

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
:4dk: = worst ?

They can't be serious.
I haven't played much of this game, but the Dong feels very solid in most MUs.

The only way he'd be that low is if :

#1 : People aren't using him right.
#2 : The system changes and new moves/characters created ALOT of issues.

There's no way he's the Laguna of SSB4, that title belongs to :4zelda: >.>

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Other than some glaring flaws, the eventhubs looks pretty legit, IMO. Rosalina is definitely not best character, Link, Fox, and Marcina should be a lot lower, and Bowser (Jr.), Wario, MK, Ganon, Olimar, and Jigglypuff should be higher. (Zelda's way better than Samus too.)
Falco's #31... Yay... *waves a sad flag with a picture of bread on it*

This question was asked in the Character Competitive Impressions thread: can Phantom Slash be used as a footsie tool? I'm going to say no because it is slow and it's reflectable, but there are probably some characters out there that might struggle against it and they may or may not include Zelda. :p

D

Deleted member

I don't use photoshop at all. That requires money or other means like torrenting which I'm afraid to try with photoshop which i'm short in. I use the term when I mess with images. I just use a nifty free app i found on the internet called pixlr. It has some of photoshop's tools so I make by.
Cool. I never heard of Pixlr until now, lol. And yeah, getting Photoshop requires money which sucks but I can't do anything about it. :p

Soul.

Lol eventhubs is garbage.
I suppose Pika is bottom tier if we follow their logi--
Nvm, it seems high tier.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Imo i think shes the second best. If they discover more about her which is bound to happen due to Luma and stuff, she might become the best.
ya rosa, sheik, diddy and Ness (Nakat needs to stop winning so much) are the ones doing best in tournament atm. 2 and 3 are fairly interchangeable at this point, cause the game is so new
glaring flaws is not the definition of legit. If someone turned a history paper to you in the class you teach on American history and the paper was how the Japanese won the american civil war. you wouldn't go "pretty good cept some major flaws"
ALSO fox should probably be higher
:4dk: = worst ?

They can't be serious.
agreed event hubs tier list is voted on by a bunch 4 year olds who play online

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght
Gg's
I am still really sick, but I think I managed to play pretty well. But I apologize about those SD's.
So what you need to work on, you are way too predictable and can easily be read. Though there's still more. You need to work on your combos, especially with grabs, for both characters. You also have a really hard time reading for a KO. For Sonic, you made yourself way too vulnerable. I wasn't able to punish it the first few matches because I was warming up, but i easily punished later. With sonic, don't just throw out your ko moves like that, it stales them, so you are nice and fresh. You also need to work on rushing down your opponent. I am still working on my Link, yet I still managed to out space you. With Ganondorf as well. You also had a very hard time whenever I changed my strategy. So watch out for that. Zelda, a lot of work needs to be done for her. Work on landing your aerials correctly, and handling Farores wind. Also, use the hellavator to your advantage.
Gg's though, you did pretty well. Ganondorf got his daily dose of seeing others suffer though!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
GGs @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght
Ok I saw something that popped up a lot and it was you always using dash attack, you used it to approach the whole time and I punished you for it again and again. Also sometimes yew threw out random smashes or charged one right in front of me and I punished you again. For zelda, wat lozjam said can be applied her, same with sonic except you should use more spindash. GGs tho

Anyone else wanna play?

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght
Gg's
I am still really sick, but I think I managed to play pretty well. But I apologize about those SD's.
So what you need to work on, you are way too predictable and can easily be read. Though there's still more. You need to work on your combos, especially with grabs, for both characters. You also have a really hard time reading for a KO. For Sonic, you made yourself way too vulnerable. I wasn't able to punish it the first few matches because I was warming up, but i easily punished later. With sonic, don't just throw out your ko moves like that, it stales them, so you are nice and fresh. You also need to work on rushing down your opponent. I am still working on my Link, yet I still managed to out space you. With Ganondorf as well. You also had a very hard time whenever I changed my strategy. So watch out for that. Zelda, a lot of work needs to be done for her. Work on landing your aerials correctly, and handling Farores wind. Also, use the hellavator to your advantage.
Gg's though, you did pretty well. Ganondorf got his daily dose of seeing others suffer though!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Thanks man, I'm still just a baby when it comes to smash (barely over a month) so any help I can get is very much appreciated. We'll have to play some more another time. GGs!

@ Macchiato Macchiato Thanks! I'll work on that, GGs!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why does everyone say pikachu is top tier? I've only seen like, 2 videos of pikachu ever.
It's Pikachu's mobility, small size, off stage game, and some more, but the issue is that Pikachu is like the dark horse of the top tiers kind of like how Luigi went from underdog to everyone trying to main him, but not knowing how to play him well like J. Miller or Boss. There aren't a lot of Pikachu players despite a lot of people noticing and figuring out Pikachu is a dangerous and a powerful character, but Pikachu might be a bit like Peach who requires more thought and understanding than Diddy Kong and his Uair BS.

Soul.

It's Pikachu's mobility, small size, off stage game, and some more, but the issue is that Pikachu is like the dark horse of the top tiers kind of like how Luigi went from underdog to everyone trying to main him, but not knowing how to play him well like J. Miller or Boss. There aren't a lot of Pikachu players despite a lot of people noticing and figuring out Pikachu is a dangerous and a powerful character, but Pikachu might be a bit like Peach who requires more thought and understanding than Diddy Kong and his Uair BS.
Too bad the Pikachu boards are as desolate as Unown only having Hidden Power. There's not much to in them because almost no one posts there....oftentimes you'll see someone posting in a Pika thread and never again.
Ah well, Pikachu is Pikachu.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Too bad the Pikachu boards are as desolate as Unown only having Hidden Power. There's not much to in them because almost no one posts there....oftentimes you'll see someone posting in a Pika thread and never again.
Ah well, Pikachu is Pikachu.
another dead beat character thread? hmm..
aw, someone already started a frame data thread

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Cool. I never heard of Pixlr until now, lol. And yeah, getting Photoshop requires money which sucks but I can't do anything about it. :p
Thats why we have...other methods. *cough*downloads*cough* Seriously, things like Photoshop and Sony Vegas are so expensive, especially Sony Vegas. 700 bucks, no wonder people pirate that stuff. : \

D

Deleted member

Thats why we have...other methods. *cough*downloads*cough* Seriously, things like Photoshop and Sony Vegas are so expensive, especially Sony Vegas. 700 bucks, no wonder people pirate that stuff. : \
Indeed. Everyone pretty much pirates Photoshop and Vegas except for the pros because of the prices, no doubt. Last time I checked CS6 was around 600 bucks or so.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Indeed. Everyone pretty much pirates Photoshop and Vegas except for the pros because of the prices, no doubt. Last time I checked CS6 was around 600 bucks or so.
Photoshops 600 now? O_O I thought it was only like 150 or something last time i checked. Dang.

Wait, what do you mean except for the pros? Is something wrong with the Pro versions of Sony Vegas?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Removed the gaycat as my profile pic because Shulk raid is over. :p

Tohsaka is love. Tohsaka is life.

Top Bottom