• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
My stats are 0% as well. But that's because I have no interest in the game, and I do not care about it. :happysheep:

Also, to talk about that tier list. I think Lucina is a bit low on the list, I think she's better around the middle of Mid Tier. Push her closer to Marth imo. And definitely push Diddy Kong down the list. He is NOT Top Tier, he hasn't been winning many majors now from the nerfs.
And here I thought you'd be all over OverWaifu.
:secretkpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
4BR: We made a new tier list!
Me: #oop better glance at iT...
4BR: Zelda beat out Jiggs and GANON.
Me:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I've finished Episodes 7 of NEW GAME! and 6 of Mob Psycho 100. : D

It was nice that Ahagon Umiko got some screentime, it's kinda funny that she's into military stuff; and that she likes Aoba now.
Also, animation in this was very good again, which does surprise me. Also, the flag for Kou x Rin was raised again! <3 (The nurse was enjoyable to watch too.)

Mob Psycho 100 was interesting as well. Mitsu starting to get telekinetic powers, and I feel bad for the delinquent; he wasn't doing anything wrong, and the Student Council President had to pin the blame on him, by filling his desk and bag with the musical pieces of flutes. Feel bad for him, not the SCP though; even though he is often looked down upon by his family members.

Also, Dimple's back. : D

Nope! That's Renko and Maribel from Touhou Project. :3 (I always think Maribel looks like Yukari.)
Ahagon~. :p

Oh, I thought it was Kyouko and Yachiyo. They look similar, but Yachiyo's hair is longer. Speaking of characters resembling other characters, Kou from New Game! reminds me of someone and I can't remember who. It's her blonde, unkempt hair... There's someone from another anime that looks just like her.

>Post in new Competitive Impressions thread
>Pikachu arguments begin about an hour later
View attachment 116056
I changed the settings so that I don't auto-watch threads anymore. Either I manually watch them or check up on the thread. And... I still waste time looking a threads.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
WHAT IS THIS NEW TIER LIST?!

IKE SHOULD BE D TIER NOT E TIER!!!!!

THEY ARE SELLING HIM SHORT!!!!!!!!

ZELDA TOO HIGH

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Good news gorls! For anyone who plays the Disgaea franchise...

Disgaea 2 is coming to Steam! :yeahboi:
In January next year. It's going to have the Dark Hero Days content, and the Japan-only content as well! (So we can get Dark Eclair and Gig!) Speaking of Gig, bit of trivia.

Gig was originally going to be in Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days as DLC. However, NIS America had trouble porting him and coding him over to a different localized version; so he was scrapped. But he can be brought back into the game using cheat devices, he is incomplete with no voice lines, and he would occasionally crash the game. This is strengthened when checking out the Sword Weaponry section of the Info Shop; going down to the Magichange section of Swords will show a blank space between the Rank 40 Weapon and another Magichange Weapon; that space is where Gig's Magichange would've sat.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/495280 - If anyone wants to have a look.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
4BR: We made a new tier list!
Me: #oop better glance at iT...
4BR: Zelda beat out Jiggs and GANON.
Me:
Aww... you should have used this.

Edit: Geez, whoever tried cleaning this made her look all choppy. Egh.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
I think Zelda being above Ganon and Jiggs is justifiable. Ganon is based around standing still and waiting for an opportunity window while Zelda is based around standing still and waiting for an opportunity window while actually having some combos.

Y'all being too harsh on her for the sake of a meme that Zelda is "le worst character :-D"
And here I thought you'd be all over OverWaifu.
:secretkpop:
Also a justifiable claim since all of EODM07 EODM07 's posts ooze with anime :secretkpop: justajokedontgetmad

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Finally able to recruit Pokemon in Gates!
The Jades
Lil Puddin Lil Puddin the Petilil
Antonykun Antonykun the Archen
@Rizen the Foongus
And BJN39 BJN39 the Croagunk!

No real reason you guys got those pokes
Except for BJN39 BJN39 who totally reminds me of Brock's Croagunk in the anime

Edit: Just got Tympole, named it after Lorde Lorde
Edit 2: and got Bagon, named after McKnightlíght McKnightlíght (shortened to McKnight) .-.
Jeez, the recruit rate is high in Gates

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
@Viewtiful1 I remember you wanting me to inform you when i got rev on ps which i now do. I lose a lot but i can see myself improving
The Jades
@Rizen the Foongus

Edit 2: and got Bagon, named after McKnightlíght McKnightlíght (shortened to McKnight .-.
0/Furret
tumblr_nl7mv5GBl31tec3wbo1_400.png

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Don't really have anything to say about the tier list that other people haven't already said in general; doesn't pass some of my basic reality checks.

So instead here's my Platinum update before I see what happens when ZELDAMANIA RUNS WILD ON THE GHOST GYM, BROTHER.

Trainer: NOMERCY
Rival: Andre G (Does it stand for Giant? Ganon? Gawker? YOU DECIIIIDDDEEEE)

HOGAN'S HEROES:
ZeldaHOGAN - Infernape - lvl 36. Speed reducing nature, both attack stats are 7 or less IV. i cri evrytiem.
Rizen - Bibarel - lvl 20
Jaguar360 - Bibarel - lvl 20
Cress! - Golbat - lvl 22
EODM07 - Togepi - lvl 1
Lil Puddin - Buneary - lvl 11

ELSEWHERE, IN CANADALAND:
McNightLht - Bronzor - lvl 20
Su Donuts - Budew - lvl 18
Antonykun - Shellos - lvl 20
ZombieBran - Ponyta - lvl 20

WWE SMACKED DOWN:
Rickstar - Bidoof - lvl 2 - Death by Satanic Squirrel
Furret - Geodude - lvl 6 - Death by other Satanic Squirrel
r-greening - Zubat - lvl 17 - Death by 3rd Satanic Squirrel
Zachmac - Zubat - lvl 17 - Death by TERRORISM (aka selfdestructing Geodude)

Losing the two of my three zubats put me in an annoying position; Cress!'s happiness is almost high enough for another evolution as is and he was the most recent of the group. Had they lived just a tiny bit longer my League of Extraordinary Zubats would easily have become the League of Extraordinary Crobats.

But like with all friendship evolution pokemon I get during a nuzlocke, everyone I love dies.

Mostly in the same ways too, satanic squirrels and terrorism.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Cress! - Golbat - lvl 22
:D
Cress!'s happiness is almost high enough for another evolution
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Is that enough happiness, because Crobat was one of my core Gen 4 team members.

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Seeing the entire roster again on that tier list got me thinking which characters they would add and remove for the next Smash Bros. game.

Potential characters I could see getting cut include Rosalina, one Pokemon and Fire Emblem character and some of the DLC characters, but I can't really think of anything else that they would dare to remove at this point, aside from making the three clones an alternate costume for their respective originals instead of making them have their own slots. But what do I know.

For newcomers only the obvious stuff comes to mind, being Inklings and the obligatory new Pokémon and Anime Swordman.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Lucina and Dark Pit out

Probably Greninja too

Then just add more lol

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
O yeah I'm playing Uranium I forgot oop
Venturing further into the forest of Route 1, Cress! stumbled upon his next teammate.
EODM07 the Birbie!

Ur a blue birb. Nothing else to say about this one.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Seeing the entire roster again on that tier list got me thinking which characters they would add and remove for the next Smash Bros. game.

Potential characters I could see getting cut include Rosalina, one Pokemon and Fire Emblem character and some of the DLC characters, but I can't really think of anything else that they would dare to remove at this point, aside from making the three clones an alternate costume for their respective originals instead of making them have their own slots. But what do I know.

For newcomers only the obvious stuff comes to mind, being Inklings and the obligatory new Pokémon and Anime Swordman.
There's no way Rosalina would be taken out; she's way too popular, and they've been putting her in pretty much everything. Bowser Jr. has probably the worst chances of the Mario characters.

A Fire Emblem character is definitely a possibility, even multiple; when it comes to making their list, I can definitely see half of them being up on the time-sensitive priority list, and the other half far lower.

All the 3rd party characters are, as one would expect, entirely up in the air.

I suppose one could go with Anime Swordwoman with Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, but I think for the next game it's also going to depend on what games come out for the NX and such, any new IPs and the like.

They're already at a massive roster as is. If they add anyone, it'll probably be relatively safe to assume it's more of a replacement than an addition. And taking out Lucina/Dark Pit/Dr. Mario don't count as full characters in that trade off. =/

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think Zelda being above Ganon and Jiggs is justifiable. Ganon is based around standing still and waiting for an opportunity window while Zelda is based around standing still and waiting for an opportunity window while actually having some combos.

Y'all being too harsh on her for the sake of a meme that Zelda is "le worst character :-D"
arguing who is the worst is pointless just give us this one special thing please!!!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Mega Man and PAC-MAN would probably need "renewals" if they want to stay in since they are third-party characters from companies who aren't in as much of a bromance as Sega is with Nintendo which is kind of funny considering the history with Capcom and Nintendo. Capcom was involved with 3 Zelda games and possibly more not to mention Monster Hunter being mostly released on Nintendo systems. Doesn't help that there aren't any real handheld competitors -- Sony, your failure at marketing the PS Vita was terrible.

Shulk is in a weird spot like Corrin, Ike, Lucas, Lucina, Robin, and Roy in that all of them... er... minus Lucina -- she's screwed because of what the developers did to her --, have unique movesets, but because they're from series that tend to have one-shot main characters, they kind of become "irrelevant". Marth and Ness are safe since they are considered the face or the "original" character of the game even if they're technically not like Anna's sometimes considered the face or mascot of FE while the original Mother character was Ninten who is pretty much Ness, so whatever for him. Sure, you could just make someone who takes up Shulk's fighting style, but it might be weird since it's not Shulk. This also applies to Corrin and Ike while it might be a stretch with who could replace Lucas and Robin. Roy's a bit easier since you can just have some random knife fighter fighting with a reverse-grip.

Oh, and I can totally see everyone from Metroid and Star Fox being cut because of their recent flops. :p

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
dear lord I'm a Shellos, a Venipede, a Raticate, an Archen, a Cacnea, and who knows what else?
suddenly my premium title is very appropriate

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Actually looking at the official post with the new tier list, I like @Liberation 's a lot more. The only slight disagreement with it that I have is that Marth and Lucina are a bit too high, but I agree with everything else for the most part.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
dear lord I'm a Shellos, a Venipede, a Raticate, an Archen, a Cacnea, and who knows what else?
You're a Ditto, except with a unique face (and possibly the ability to clone itself and/or travel across dimensions). :p

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I mean

As far as my opinions of Zelda, they aren't based off of our troll-y Zelda memes.

That said I will accept Zelda being placed above Jigglypuff due to Ed (purple guy)'s great showings. Still, Ganon? Neaux. Not yet.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I honestly don't understand the rational behind Bowser Jr.

I've seen the things Tweek does with that character, and I'm incredibly doubtful of a Dedede, Falco, or a Shulk for that matter matching it, let alone exceeding it.

In the Bottom 5 is just bizarre.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I will never play Smash again if Bayo gets removed in SSB5

You're a Swoobat in my Black nuzlocke. I'm training you up for the Elite 4 right now

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
The reason why I mentioned Rosalina in particular is because of her general irrelevancy if you're honest. She's about as meaningful as Blue Toad.

However she does offer a unique fighting style and is popular, but the whole popularity thing.. look at Wolf and Mewtwo who was initially cut from Brawl.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
About that...
I named a Dunsparce that I just caught after you.
:)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The Jades
@Rizen the Foongus

Edit 2: and got Bagon, named after McKnightlíght McKnightlíght (shortened to McKnight) .-.
Petlili and Lily are SO me. Also as talented and useful as me! because they're pretty much one type moves only whoopsie At least dey qt-piez.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
The reason why I mentioned Rosalina in particular is because of her general irrelevancy if you're honest. She's about as meaningful as Blue Toad.

However she does offer a unique fighting style and is popular, but the whole popularity thing.. look at Wolf and Mewtwo who was initially cut from Brawl.
Yeah being in every single Mario game since Galaxy, so irrelevant

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
Yeah being in every single Mario game since Galaxy, so irrelevant
I guess relevance was the wrong word as I meant relevant to the "plot" of a mainline game, which was only the case in Galaxy 1. Appearing in spinoffs and as a shoe-in in other games makes her, as stated, a shoe-in for the sole purpose of fanservice and thus, from the games' standpoint as inportant as the filler blue toad.

Don't get me wrong, I have no gripe with the character, I just don't think it's impossible for her to get cut as at this point she's just space peach.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
We should make our own tier list, only make it based off dance moves.

Then Pikachu will finally be Top tier for real.

Other top tiers would probably include Kirby, Young Link (some bad language in this video), and Bayonetta.

I meant relevant to the "plot" of a mainline game, which was only the case in Galaxy 1. Appearing in spinoffs and as a shoe-in in other games makes her, as stated, a shoe-in for the sole purpose of fanservice.
That sounds like most of the characters in Smash, to be honest. When was the last time Ness, Captain Falcon, or Mr. G&W, etc were relevant outside of smash?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I honestly don't understand the rational behind Bowser Jr.

I've seen the things Tweek does with that character, and I'm incredibly doubtful of a Dedede, Falco, or a Shulk for that matter matching it, let alone exceeding it.

In the Bottom 5 is just bizarre.
Tweek dropping Bowser Jr. and not many well-known Bowser Jr. players of his caliber probably contributed to it along with other stuff like I bet that argument of Bowser Jr. being a gimmick character who doesn't do anything, but gimmick his way to victory is still there. Shulk as far as I know does get decent placings similar to Bowser Jr., but took some more time. Darkwolf in particular had his moment to shine once. Triple D I can't comment.

For Falco, a lot of the characters around him have done better in larger-scale -- stuff like regionals and nationals -- tournaments. Falco tends to drown in those while others have made it out much higher; Falco's highest placing was 9th? in a French regional which people disregard since it's not y'know, Apex, Evo, or Genesis which if you only consider was something like under 64. They do just as well or maybe even better at small-scale, so like locals, as him. In terms of MU, my side is that Falco has a lot of bad, gatekeep MUs that I don't know and assume the others don't. I see people say Zelda struggles with some MUs, but I don't see stuff like Falco vs. Bowser, Falco vs. DK, Falco vs. Luigi, Falco vs. Rosalina, Falco vs. Ryu, or Falco vs. Shulk bad. MUs I would lump into the -3 and -2 / 20:80 and 30:70 bad that I don't see with the others. Yes, there's optimism and bias towards their characters like the time a Robin MU was posted and it made Robin look like a high-tier to my very pessimistic outlook, but still. Where's the I'm getting roflstomped so hard by multiple characters that justify them being around or lower than Falco?

Top Bottom