• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Empoleon only has one move in his file, and Darkrai has two, so they probs gonna be a new support pokemon

:150:
Oh, okay then. Back to waiting for Greninja then as I attempt to fill my ninja niche with Sceptile.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've just played the demo with the Insect Glaive and the Prowler.

I need to get back into using the Glaive, need to remember what the button combination was to fire while on the ground. Prowler feels SUPER fun however. Downside is the Prowler cannot use any of the items from the Blue Chest aside from the Map. But the Prowler has skills that they can use based on how much they've filled the meter. Palico Comet is so hype. And they can combo their Heavy Attack into a Normal Attack as well. :yeahboi:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Idk if anyone noticed, but the quick-nav menu here got changed. Well, at least on mobile.

Looks nicer IMO. Less scrolling required too.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Idk if anyone noticed, but the quick-nav menu here got changed. Well, at least on mobile.

Looks nicer IMO. Less scrolling required too.
I've been using it a lot now. It's <333

Apparently it had been there since before Warchamp added a little thunderbolt to it and I legit never noticed...

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Empoleon only has one move in his file, and Darkrai has two, so they probs gonna be a new support pokemon

Darkrai has 4 files actually. One for Dark Void, one for Dark Pulse, one for an Ex Attack (Synergy Burst?) and apparently another one for Dark Void that's seemingly a throw.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Darkrai has 4 files actually. One for Dark Void, one for Dark Pulse, one for an Ex Attack (Synergy Burst?) and apparently another one for Dark Void that's seemingly a throw.
I know. It's weird. He has too many files for an assist pokemon, but is kinda low for an actual fighter file.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
More files than an assist char = not an assist

Less files than a playable char but has relevant files = unfinished playable character

or an unplayable boss I guess but that would be lame and pretty unlikely considering something like shadow mewtwo's playable

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
there's a she-wolf in your closet

leT it ouT so it can breathe awoooo

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Fooling around with the new wave of HWL DLC

Marin's pretty cool, seems to be kinda bad at giant bosses aside from King Dodongo (or maybe she just needs a full C1 and/or hasty attacks, idk) but she has good crowd control and projectiles on her normals are really nice. Dodge cancels seem pretty bad overall aside from C4, dunno if this is an issue.

Linkle's Boots seem decent. My only real complaint is that the attack animations are bland for the most part, but I get the feeling this weapon'll grow on me by the time I finish this map.

Dual-element weapons seem like an interesting concept. Only have a lightning-light harp for Sheik so far though...do the element switches actually change what element the weapons inflict, or does it just give them more bonus damage on relevant stages?

New map's music is nice, but I dislike that the map is pretty much just Grandpa Ulnira and Power Bracelet as far as items that unlock map rewards go. Feels like the map itself was an afterthought.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Fooling around with the new wave of HWL DLC

Marin's pretty cool, seems to be kinda bad at giant bosses aside from King Dodongo (or maybe she just needs a full C1 and/or hasty attacks, idk) but she has good crowd control and projectiles on her normals are really nice. Dodge cancels seem pretty bad overall aside from C4, dunno if this is an issue.

Linkle's Boots seem decent. My only real complaint is that the attack animations are bland for the most part, but I get the feeling this weapon'll grow on me by the time I finish this map.

Dual-element weapons seem like an interesting concept. Only have a lightning-light harp for Sheik so far though...do the element switches actually change what element the weapons inflict, or does it just give them more bonus damage on relevant stages?

New map's music is nice, but I dislike that the map is pretty much just Grandpa Ulnira and Power Bracelet as far as items that unlock map rewards go. Feels like the map itself was an afterthought.
According to the game, the element that is most relevant to the situation is the once that comes into effect. I'm not yet sure if this is specific situations, or the mission as a whole, but we'll figure it out in time.
Oh, and all the dual elements are set. You'll always get a Lightning/Light harp for Sheik, and a Light/Fire parasol for Agitha.

Marin's pretty decent with giant bosses. She may not always do it in one go, but she can come pretty damn close with her C6 -> C1. Certainly better than Tetra or the King

And as for the map itself, I'm kinda in love with the Tal Tal Heights remix. It's just...so good. Please give us the BGM select next patch Koei ;3;
It is strange to only have 3 item cards that affect the map, but they give them to you at a decent rate. The real focus is with the Siren Instruments, the first few are basic "fill special" kinda bonuses, but things like the Lightning Drum are AMAZING for grinding.

So far this is my favorite DLC pack so far, and I'm super excited for the next one! ^w^
Also RIP my chances of ever finishing the Twilight and Majora maps gfdi

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Tonight I try my first experiment at moth observation.

A simpleton way for someone not living in the middle of nowhere/near a good nature-y area can be as simple as leaving a good light on and checking it around 3:30-4AM, apparently. (Though I'm sure results still aren't as impressive.)

Furthermore, some moths are actually more attracted to black lights than they are to regular light. This evening I was able to get a plain backlight bulb, which will be put in a light overnight that I can check easily.

Since I'm doing it off of limited resources and it's pretty much my first step into moth observation, I'm sure I'm taking it rather noobishly and who know if I'll even see many moths, but it'll be fun to try!

Another option is to make a "moth brew" involving old bananas, brown sugar, and either old beer or yeast+warm water, and then letting that ferment before scathing it on some tree bark at eye level. This will attract moths as well as other cool insects when done at night.

Of course, the moths have to be able to feed on it, and some moths (including the Luna moth--which it is my hope to one day see irl) don't even have moths as adults. (Consequently these moths only live for a couple weeks tops) But that means they can only be brought in by being dazzled by a light. All considered I hope to try making the moth brew another time and trying that too.

I guess that means I'll be up late tonight (Momma's waTching) and we'll find out if anything interesting pops up. (Maybe pictures too!)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
you've never seen a luna moth before?

i actually just saw one this past weekend

it was on the side of my step-sister's house and it was just sitting there

i thought it was dead because it wasn't moving, so i poked it, but then it got mad and flew off and i nearly had a heart attack

the moth was actually kinda gross

its wings were pretty tho

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
you've never seen a luna moth before?

i actually just saw one this past weekend

it was on the side of my step-sister's house and it was just sitting there

i thought it was dead because it wasn't moving, so i poked it, but then it got mad and flew off and i nearly had a heart attack

the moth was actually kinda gross

its wings are pretty tho
Never seen one irl. I wanna change that someday though.

And yeah basically all butterflies and moths are secretly horrifying super close. If you're into them though you can still appreciate them. Luna moth is basically one of the US's most interesting moth species. But alas, they live for only a couple weeks because they can't eat.

Lmao did you see the Luna moth at day or night? Either way you generally don't poke them or they'll fly away. Then you miss a photo opportunity. :p

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Never seen one irl. I wanna change that someday though.

And yeah basically all butterflies and moths are secretly horrifying super close. If you're into them though you can still appreciate them. Luna moth is basically one of the US's most interesting moth species. But alas, they live for only a couple weeks because they can't eat.

Lmao did you see the Luna moth at day or night? Either way you generally don't poke them or they'll fly away. Then you miss a photo opportunity. :p
it was 12 in the afternoon when i saw it lol

i'm not really a fan of bugs (they gross me out), so i probs could have gone without seeing it

i poked it like 3 or 4 times before and it didn't do anything. like, it didn't even move. but then then i did it one more time and it freaked out and took off and i thought my heart was going to explode

then it flew around in the field or something idk

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Re: Link's Awakening DLC.

Marin seems fun, but I've only played 3 games with her so I don't have much of an opinion on her.

I played the Boots for 12 hours yesterday figuring out combos and getting a perfect weapon+unlocking skills. The weapon looked so boring to play but wow it's actually really fun! It seems similar to Ghirahim and Wizzro where it's great at 1v1 (captains, giant bosses, you name it), but it sucks against crowds. Even then, I've been able to get 1,500 KO's on standard missions with it in under 10 minutes so idk.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Re: Link's Awakening DLC.

Marin seems fun, but I've only played 3 games with her so I don't have much of an opinion on her.

I played the Boots for 12 hours yesterday figuring out combos and getting a perfect weapon+unlocking skills. The weapon looked so boring to play but wow it's actually really fun! It seems similar to Ghirahim and Wizzro where it's great at 1v1 (captains, giant bosses, you name it), but it sucks against crowds. Even then, I've been able to get 1,500 KO's on standard missions with it in under 10 minutes so idk.
Her last combo is amazing for crowds, and her spinning kick isn't bad either
Also I love the second tier cause they're just the iron boots from TP with a Roc's feather.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Moth observation update: Because I was feeling oddly paranoid upon initially turning on my hopefully-attracting-moths black light outside that it would catch fire or something, I told myself I would go check it an hour from then (which would be ~1AM my time.)

Two things: first, no surprise, the black light did NOT catch fire. (though it's still nice to get to check.) Two, when I went to check it, I did step out for a moment and saw one pretty neat moth resting near the light!

image.jpeg

image is a closeup. The moth's wingspan was only ~1.5 inches max. (~3.8cm) So, not big, though a tad bigger than the average moth.

Had to use sketchy flash photography. :^) The moth was very generous with photos though and didn't move an inch while I snapped several.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Moth observation update: Because I was feeling oddly paranoid upon initially turning on my hopefully-attracting-moths black light outside that it would catch fire or something, I told myself I would go check it an hour from then (which would be ~1AM my time.)

Two things: first, no surprise, the black light did NOT catch fire. (though it's still nice to get to check.) Two, when I went to check it, I did step out for a moment and saw one pretty neat moth resting near the light!

View attachment 111330
image is a closeup. The moth's wingspan was only ~1.5 inches max. (~3.8cm) So, not big, though a tad bigger than the average moth.

Had to use sketchy flash photography. :^) The moth was very generous with photos though and didn't move an inch while I snapped several.
That looks like a beautiful painting.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
You know it's kinda funny that the two games I've been obsessing over the most right now are Undertale and Overwatch

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
So I'm getting further in #FE. Mamori is perfection. She's so strong, and so reliable, and so useful. Everyone else might die in 2 or 3 hits, Mamori will protect everyone though.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Done some rounds today, and I saw the finale of Sakamoto Desu Ga?.

It was a very enjoyable series, I'm glad I got to see it; whenever THAT song played, I knew something hilarious was going to happen. The final episode was pretty sad at the end; but still had some great fun at the same time. It was a shame he had to leave school, and many people have theorized that it's because he's actually dying. I disgaree, he probably had to leave so he could take over for Bayonetta in Bayonetta 3. :secretkpop:

Sakamoto Desu Ga? gets a perfect 1 :4bayonetta: out of 1 :4bayonetta:.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I've been better.

I rigged an elaborate system of pullys with X-mas ribbon around my house and tied jingly toys on the ends. This way I can make my crazy kitten hear noises in various rooms by pulling a ribbon from my couch :smirk: The first time she heard one she got scared because she had always seen me dragging the toys before and thought something was in the house <3.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
^I've been better.

I rigged an elaborate system of pullys with X-mas ribbon around my house and tied jingly toys on the ends. This way I can make my crazy kitten hear noises in various rooms by pulling a ribbon from my couch :smirk: The first time she heard one she got scared because she had always seen me dragging the toys before and thought something was in the house <3.
That sounds adorable. Funny thing is whenever I talk about cats with my Mother, she always says to be careful around them. Once they've grown up, the cat will own you. :V

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I took my first swim lesson today.

Apparently I already know how to swim . . . . . ?

Swimming is fun. It's not that hard to swim (or learn how to)

The real problem comes when they test your stamina while swimming. Swimming for consecutive laps is a loooot harder than it looks ;~;

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Aren't you like 16? How do you not know how to swim?
Black and Hispanic people . . .just don't learn to swim. Don't know why we're so scared of the water.

Like 2/3 of Black and Hispanic people can't swim. (It was 66% last time I checked)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I haven't been swimming in ages.

But it's great exercise for your entire body, embarrassingly when I first went swimming with my school; I could only doggy paddle, but now. I can now swim properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom