• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's so prettyyy

Meanwhile, I'm having an avie crisis, and can't settle with one. I don't know how you people do it using the same avie for so long.
I can stick with an avatar for a long time because I don't feel compelled to change it for every picture I like. That, and I don't have a clear theme. I just change it when I find something I really enjoy and when I feel it's time for a change..

Anyone want to wifi?
In about 10 minutes, sure.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can stick with an avatar for a long time because I don't feel compelled to change it for every picture I like. That, and I don't have a clear theme. I just change it when I find something I really enjoy and when I feel it's time for a change..

I've never changed my avatar.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Sounds good. I'll make a room. I can play Charizard if you want to practice that MU.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Samus is at least a -2 for Link. She's faster and out zones him hard.

Edit ggs I g2g. Thanks for helping me learn vs Samus. I'm getting the hang of it better but imo Samus does have the advantage.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
GGs,

I'd need to check exactly what he meant but I remember Thinkaman making a post some time ago about Samus having pretty impressive startup compared to the rest of the cast. Buffs have been really kind to her although a few of her moves could still be improved. DThrow combos don't seem to work on her well (might check FIOD's thread on that) which is a big boon. On the other hand, Link's heavy and has powerful disjoints, meaning he's tough to kill and trades with him are usually bad.

I've been meaning to ask, NAir feels like a really good move of Link's, and you don't seem to use it much. Fairly quick, decent hitbox, good damage, low landing lag and easily leads into followups.

It's amazing how consistently scary a frame 14(?) aerial can be.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'd need to check exactly what he meant but I remember Thinkaman making a post some time ago about Samus having pretty impressive startup compared to the rest of the cast.
Her slowest normal is frame 17 dair, but the next slowest is frame 15 utilt. After that is frame 11 usmash and everything else is frame 10 or lower. A few things of note are frame 5 uair, frame 6 dtilt and fair, and frame 9 bair.

The startup on her specials is pretty bad (aside from frame 5 Screw Attack).

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman

Edit ggs I g2g. Thanks for helping me learn vs Samus. I'm getting the hang of it better but imo Samus does have the advantage.
I've only gotten to play a couple of Samus's. One thing that makes the MU difficult online is the inability to perfect shield projectiles. That totally wrecks Samus.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I've only gotten to play a couple of Samus's. One thing that makes the MU difficult online is the inability to perfect shield projectiles. That totally wrecks Samus.
I feel that way with fighting Link online. You have to perfect shield to approach (as Ike at least).

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It might not necessarily be related to Smash

I have 1.1.5 files ready for comparing if it is though

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It is possible to be only a Wii U 5.5.1 exploit fix, and one for 3DS just in case.
It doesn't seem to target Smash.
:196:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
GGs,

I'd need to check exactly what he meant but I remember Thinkaman making a post some time ago about Samus having pretty impressive startup compared to the rest of the cast. Buffs have been really kind to her although a few of her moves could still be improved. DThrow combos don't seem to work on her well (might check FIOD's thread on that) which is a big boon. On the other hand, Link's heavy and has powerful disjoints, meaning he's tough to kill and trades with him are usually bad.

I've been meaning to ask, NAir feels like a really good move of Link's, and you don't seem to use it much. Fairly quick, decent hitbox, good damage, low landing lag and easily leads into followups.

It's amazing how consistently scary a frame 14(?) aerial can be.
Samus' frame data is pretty good especially for her disjoints.
http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Samus
I wish Link could get some start-up buffs. Yes Samus escapes all Link guaranteed stuff from Dthrow :(

Nair would be good except it starts frame 7 so it doesn't break quick combos. It has hitbubbles around Link's lower body and his legs become disjointed (like with Bair). 2 Link buffs I want are a frame 5 Nair and jab just so he's not so helpless at point black range.
I assume you mean Link's frame 14 Fair? Yeah except for startup that move's great. Good power, damage and range on both hits followed by low landing lag. If Link has the time to start it, Fair's safe, even on shields.

After getting the spacing down (and figuring out Samus' screw attack has the annoying property some jabs have that put bombs into hitstun without being strong enough to detonate them, thus going through :mad:) I think the MU might be closer to -1 for Link. I did much better the 2nd half of games.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That's...not a property those moves have.

Nice sig by the way.
Well Link's legs don't count as his hurtbox when doing B/Nair for whatever reason. Go to Great Cave Offensive and B/Nair the lava walls. Link's legs go through them safely.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I can't do that as I only have 3DS, but that just tells me that lava walls interact with collisionboxes rather than hurtboxes. People were erroneously calling a lot of things disjointed based on the fact that bumpers weren't bumping them when they'd punch them, which work the same way. There aren't lines in the code that make Link's legs intangible, and his legs definitely get hit by attacks during the moves.

edit: i'm trying to make hitboxes display for Climhazzard's second hit but this happens every time i try to use it

and i have no idea why because it's the only move in the game that does this crap to me

just let me hack you game

god

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I can't do that as I only have 3DS, but that just tells me that lava walls interact with collisionboxes rather than hurtboxes. People were erroneously calling a lot of things disjointed based on the fact that bumpers weren't bumping them when they'd punch them, which work the same way. There aren't lines in the code that make Link's legs intangible, and his legs definitely get hit by attacks during the moves.
Oh I see. I thought the lava counted as big hitbubbles. My bad. Nair/Bair do have disjoint because the hitbubbles are bigger than his legs but his legs do count as a hurtbox.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Our goddess gives a second chance to all those who are not able to witness her glory

Join us

Praise be to Space Elsa. May you forever let it go.

Thank you, she tastes delicious.

Time to turn on the barbie, throw on the Luma, and get out the tartar sauce and lemon juice.

We all know why you're really jumping ship:

Spoken by the true Goddess!

Take it away boys!

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Possible new patch? Time to buff some low tiers.
:4kirby: Can now only use the Leaf ability. But it doesn't matter because Leaf is broken.
:4dedede: Give him his mask and huge Axe from Triple Deluxe. Now he has more range than Corrin with frame 6 disjoints. Oh and he got a projectile that can't be reflected by any jab.
:4ganondorf: Make him Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf. Now he will have swords and a projectile, but more importantly, he now has the best hair in the game.
:4link: Make him Hyrule Warriors Link with the Master Sword or Spinner. Either insane projectiles or insane speed/combos, take your pick.
:4zelda: Maker her Hyrule Warri... wait. She sucks in that game too. There's no helping her.
:secretkpop:
:4palutena: Replace her neutral B with the Random ability. Now it can do anything from making her commit fake suicide to change the music playing. Still more useful than water drops from la tuna lady.
:4jigglypuff: I don't know how to change its moveset, but it shouldn't follow Smogon's moveset(s). I don't need anything to counter Mega Garchomp when he isn't even in the game tyvm
:4duckhunt: Shoot the dog, only the duck and gunman should be playable.
:4drmario: Replace with Dr. Luigi. Even better, replace him with Dr. Kirby.
:4lucas: The Dark Dragon now does all the fighting for Lucas. Go get 'em dragon daddy.
:4miif: (All of them) Give them naked Mii DLC. It helped Shulk rise higher on the tier list than he should be, so it should work for the miis too!

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Spinner Link would be the most fun character in the game.

Forward B would be the spinner, like Bowser Jr's Koopa Cart.

Boomerang should be replaced with the gust jar, as neutral B. Or give him cycling ice, fire, and normal arrows.

Make his up b Rock's cape, and he can exit it with a ground pound stab that does huge shield damage and pushback like Dedede's landing.

Clawshot should be replaced with the Magnet Gloves from Oracle of Ages/Seasons, and they should repel people if you B reverse it.

Replace Down Smash with Spinslash.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'd give Link a frame 5 Nair/jab/jumpsquat and boost his air speed to .91 (same as tuna) to fix him in a patch. He really doesn't need much.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to get started on some University stuff. Which for one of the parts involves a magazine and a pen, and most of it is just watching videos. :V (BUT at least they'll help me through the course and this one exercise too. So that'll be fun.)

Top Bottom