• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
You're all losers

Totodile is the best starter ever.

Blaziken, Greninja, and sceptile are tied for second

Asking me to pick a favorite gen 4 starter is like picking between having my left or right leg being cut off. At that point who cares?

Chikorita is literally the worst starter to ever grace this Earth.

:150:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I don't want to make a big list
But Torchic is my favorite Pokemon ever
I'm indifferent on his evolutions tho
All the other starters are pretty cool too I guess

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Though tbh Braixen's name really confuses me and there aren't a lot of Pokemon names that do that.

It also looks ugly. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of any of the Kalos starters. Chespin isn't a reptile and I'm kind of mad about that.
Braixen is a mix of vixen and something. Perhaps braise?

Fennekin has always been my favorite unevolved Gen VI starter, but once I saw Frogadier I started to think about picking Froakie. I hated all of the Gen VI fully evolved starters when they were leaked, but after seeing their Ken Sugimori art, I realized that Greninja was the greatest Pokemon of all time and I started to warm up to Delphox and Chesnaught. I'm actually pretty fond of Delphox now, though Fennekin's still my favorite in the line.

EDIT: Gen IV's starters are equally awesome, though I have bias towards Empoleon since Piplup was my first. I love Sceptile, Grovyle, Charizard, Blastoise, the Snivy line and Samurott as well.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
The peer pressure is getting to me.

Simple list because I'm lazy:
Fav Gen 1: Charizard because I'm cliche.

Fav Gen 2: Feraligatr because it looks derpy, but Typhlosion is really close.

Fav Gen 3: Sceptile because it's awesome. Blaziken is a close 2nd.

Fav Gen 4: Infernape, but Empoleon isn't far behind. Torterra is bleh.

Fav Gen 5: All trash except for Serperior which is slightly less trash but still trash. Trash.

Fav Gen 6: Tie between Delphox and Greninja. Sorry Chespin...

I started out picking Fire starters all the time, but I eventually got sick of Fire/Fighting so that slightly influenced my love for Sceptile and heavilly influenced my "like" for Serperior.

I also just realized that Sceptile is the only Grass starter I like and Feraligatr is the only water one I like a lot.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just realized that Chesnaught's shell looks like the "shell" knights and generals wear in Fire Emblem: Awakening...

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I think you are mistaken, Antonykun Antonykun , the monkeys aren't the Gen 5 starters. They're just glitches in the system and will probably be taken out in Gen 7 :lick: Also Grotle is the second stage, Turtwig is the first.

Lavani Lavani just played quite a few games against a fairly skilled Rosalina on FG (IMO, I don't have a lot of experience to compare against; he used a lot of grabs but not a lot of jab, but was proficient at what he did). I lost most of the games (I only won two or three, one of which was this rather fraudulent game where all three deaths were stage spikes lol). Went Game & Watch for all of them and learned a lot. I'm happy he stuck around for as long as he did, especially after the disastrous first few matches. A lot of times good players will leave after they beat you a few times which makes getting practice hard, but he didn't which gave me time to adapt and learn. He was actually the one who left after I won a match; I was willing to do at least one more because I get mad at players who beat you once after losing a lot and then leave :salt:

I've stated that I feel like the MU would be even without Luma before, but now I don't think that's the case. Rosalina's moves and attributes are pretty well set to handle Game & Watch. Luma adds three main things to Rosalina against G&W: added hitboxes, more power (a biggie), and resistance to throw combos (which is frustrating since Rosa would be complete combo food from it without Luma). But Rosalina walls G&W out pretty well by herself.

DAir makes challenging his recovery pretty free so he's got to get to the ledge as soon as possible. UAir practically always beats his DAir (not that you should land with his DAir frequently but eh). Full hop aerials can rather easily be caught with dash attack or USmash. Basically her hitboxes tend to be positioned just in the right place to counter his attempts at approaching, baiting, or counterattacking. Additionally, his usually fantastic USmash becomes a LOT less fantastic in the matchup because many of her attacks hit low enough to hit his body (dash attack, DAir, and I think USmash are the most notable).

Basically she's one of the few characters that can consistently outbutton Game & Watch, the one thing he's typically great at. A lot of his usually staple moves become less useful in the matchup, too, although dash attack and BAir are still handy.

I really think if I could learn the character she'd be the one who best fits what I like and what I do of the top tiers, with the disjoints, long recovery, flexible air movement, and traps. But I know she's not easy to pick up and even though I'm starting to feel more comfortable with her she's not a character I feel natural using. So I'm going to stick with my current choices and see what I can do with them.

Also, necessary riffing on her design. One, she has duck lips. Two, her star KO scream sounds hilariously fake "ahhhhhhhhh." No emotion in it). Three, I really want to see her hitbubbles once we get a viewer, dash attack and USmash seem to have these airbender disjoints that overly protect her during them.

frest123

Smash Cadet
Tbh, I would have completely dropped Zelda if Pokemon Trainer (or at least Squirtle or Ivysaur) made it back to Smash 4. Pokemon Trainer was my absolute favourite character throughout all of Smash. Really upset they brought back clunky, fat, easily walled out Charizard. :/

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Kofu Kofu sooooo there are no gen 5 starters? that's cool
(Emboar is keel though)
I see a lot of riffing on the Gen 5 starters here. They're okay, not great. Largely I feel like there was lost potential for most of them. I'm more or less okay with Emboar despite it being the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row. It's kind of a mild case of crossing the line twice. I hate Infernape for what it took away from Blaziken in Gen 4 (though the chicken got its revenge with Speed Boost lol) and don't really like its design anyway. Emboar's just kind of weird and its design isn't special (it's almost a rehash of Blaziken statwise) but I like it for another reason which I will explain shortly. Also, it learns Scald. Serperior is just a letdown statwise but has a neat design and Contrary is boss. Oshawott takes a 180 in its design philosophy IMO which makes me not like it. The otter concept is good, reverting to a quadrupedal form is not.

I like the Snivy and Tepig lines on principle because shortly after Gen 4 came out I speculated about the next animals for the starters and was right with a Grass snake and a Fire pig. My Water guess was a frog, which was a generation late.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
DAir makes challenging his recovery pretty free so he's got to get to the ledge as soon as possible.
I find this kind of interesting, because I've never had success dairing G&W out of his invincible upB...

Additionally, his usually fantastic USmash becomes a LOT less fantastic in the matchup because[...]DAir
...or this, I've lost to G&W's usmash every time I've tried to challenge it.

Two, her star KO scream sounds hilariously fake "ahhhhhhhhh." No emotion in it).
Definitely one of her less interesting lines. I don't get too bothered by it because I don't exactly think of high quality voice acting when I think of Smash anyway.

Three, I really want to see her hitbubbles once we get a viewer, dash attack and USmash seem to have these airbender disjoints that overly protect her during them.
I could draw them and have them up at some point tonight.
Procrastinating as hard as possible on Nohr Ch17, this chapter is balls and I don't have the right units leveled for it on top of that

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Definitely one of her less interesting lines. I don't get too bothered by it because I don't exactly think of high quality voice acting when I think of Smash anyway.
implying Rosalinda has any interesting lines
HA
you funny

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Cannot compute, conflicting modifiers :502:
Just noticed that just now. Fixed that error. :secretkpop:
Anyway, I'll be having my meeting with my TA today at 2pm, I'll show him the assignments I have to do, one of them is just a reading and writing one; which I'm sure I'll be able to do. :yeahboi: I just have to write a report on the topic the assignment has and try and write what important characteristics I identified.

Page steal baby! <3

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Meru probably used Peach, but if he used Zelda as well then that's awesome. Congrats for getting 17th either way and beating my man Eddy! M Meru.
Thanks! 17th is ok I guess :p.

I haven't seen Maxy use Zelda tbh. In bracket I saw him use Cloud vs Gregs at least. Maybe he used her in pools?

I really wanted to talk to him and maybe play some Zelda dittos but he was playing everytime I saw him so I had no chance to do so D:. Maybe next time~

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Maxy said in here earlier that he was going "Cloud & maybe Brawler" for Sm4sh.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been giving my hands a break and watching Genesis 3 ssb4 games. The vil main from Japan Ranai was amazing, as were the usual top placers. The winner's finals (& top 32 in general) were godly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9p9ZCoeYXg&list=PL5n6M_nMn9OOkkI-ZAjzEsw4ebSI6JhdQ&index=19
Watching high level play really reinforces how the top tiers are better than lower characters. I like Link and want him to be good but the best I can see him is F tier based on this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/4br-tier-list-v1-0-competitive-impressions.429826/

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I find this kind of interesting, because I've never had success dairing G&W out of his invincible upB...
He's not invincible near the apex of the jump. My bad experience with this last high might be partially because I've gotten into a habit of not ledge snapping which leaves me vulnerable, IDK.

...or this, I've lost to G&W's usmash every time I've tried to challenge it.
It probably depends a lot on how close to the ground you start the move and how DAir functions after hitting his invincible head and then falling further. The fact that it's completely disjointed makes it different than challenging, say, Link's (I think, anyway). EDIT: I'm assuming Vanilla hasn't read this yet so I have time go clarify a bit further. Opponents strike his invincible head during the startup of the move and get stuck in hitlag, making it much easier to hit them with the attack. This is a big reason why the attack works. Rosalina's DAir is a transcendent disjoint (not sure if that makes it hugely different than if it was just transcendent) which lets it bypass the time it would otherwise have to spend in hitlag on his head. Sure, it's possible for it to be beat by his USmash but it's easier for it to hit him than it is for most other DAirs.

It's not a big deal but after I KOed her and heard it I'm thinking, "Wow, that's really bad lol."

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

"Low Tiers only next episode" - Alpharad

Welp, guess its time for Zelda to get banned from Alpharad's Replay Hut. :secretkpop:
And good thing I only main Lucina. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well I'm on Front page now And the only thing I said was "Shiek is a f-air and balanced character"
I blame Zelda

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I didn't know Blastoise was part Rock! :p
That works sis, good j- Keyboards run on batteries/electricity and play all varieties of music so I'm saddened by this, sis.

for life gorls

everything else is irrelevant, marshtomp shall take over the world
Its face... Those eyes!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
How do I make original and creative YouTube videos for Sm4sh w/o using the BAN•ZELDA joke?

Is that a trick question?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Well I'm on Front page now And the only thing I said was "Shiek is a f-air and balanced character"
I blame Zelda
They literally referred to you as "Antokun" lmao

also it's "Sheik"
now all of you gorls can stop misspelling it tysm

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm depressed. The world's a horrible place full of needlessly horrible people and their flocks.

(Not about anyone here btw)

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I'm depressed. The world's a horrible place full of needlessly horrible people and their flocks.

(Not about anyone here btw)
I don't know what was going on with Izaw and the Link boards, but from what I saw, I don't think that your posts needed an infraction, much less a ban like that one guy was suggesting. I was thoroughly confused by the post you :4link:ed. I know that I would be pissed and would stay off Smashboards and the Internet for a day or two.

I hope that things settle down with you and the Link boards soon.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't know what was going on with Izaw and the Link boards, but from what I saw, I don't think that your posts needed an infraction, much less a ban like that one guy was suggesting. I was thoroughly confused by the post you :4link:ed. I know that I would be pissed and would stay off Smashboards and the Internet for a day or two.

I hope that things settle down with you and the Link boards soon.
I have no regrets. I am feeling better after getting that out of my system.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
What even is happening at the Link boards? I read the last few pages and I'm pretty confused as to what everyone seems so mad about.

Is there like a cult following for a particular player?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i'm pretty sure that particular player used to play brawl sheik
i actually used to be a big fan of his brawl sheik stuff
i don't know anything else about him, tho

but for real, your rants are probably better than mine was
i need to up the ante next time

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
You guys shouldn't worry about it. Sorry I was careless, I didn't mean to upset you. My bad.
Nah gorl, this is the ZELDA SOCIAL.

We feed off all of this drama. Sometimes we have to create our own drama jusT to survive!

Anyway Kesha Zelda is the best skin and you're all terrible people if you disagree :secretkpop: :secretkpop:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
You guys shouldn't worry about it. Sorry I was careless, I didn't mean to upset you. My bad.
I have to ask since I haven't watched the video but was the MM a Link ditto? If it was I could see Zero losing. If not (Link vs. Sheik or similar) then heck no, I'm almost positive Zero would have won.

Question for anyone who knows the answer, how well does the YouTube uploader on the Wii U version work? I have a few replays I want uploaded but I don't have a capture card. If all else fails I could probably send them to someone here to upload since y'all are nice like that.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm 99% sure the video has to be under 2 or 3 minutes for it to be able to be uploaded.

That's why nobody really uses that feature.

I could be wrong, though.

Furret24

Smash Master
Question for anyone who knows the answer, how well does the YouTube uploader on the Wii U version work? I have a few replays I want uploaded but I don't have a capture card. If all else fails I could probably send them to someone here to upload since y'all are nice like that.
Furret's Short Guide to Uploading Wii U Smash Replays to Youtube
1. Pick replay you want to upload in the "Replays" section of the main menu.
2. Click the blue "Upload to Youtube" button.
3. Choose to either upload a "Highlights Reel"* or the replay or the full thing**
4. Wait for the replay to replay itself.
5. Name the replay when the option comes up.
6. Click "Upload".
7. Wait 10000 years for it to upload.
8. You're done!
*It's not really a highlight reel though. It mainly focuses on random kills made in the match, which aren't always the highlights of a match.
**Only works if the match is three minutes or less. Due to this stupid limit, it's not really useful. :|
:162:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm 99% sure the video has to be under 2 or 3 minutes for it to be able to be uploaded.

That's why nobody really uses that feature.

I could be wrong, though.
You'd be surprised... There's so many replay uploads of **** gameplay using memes and clickbait titles to get views because they think they're hot **** and people would actually watch their ****. Goddamn... The replay upload feature was a mistake...

Last edited:
Top Bottom