• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thiis omg. I saw screenshots on Tumblr of people on Twitter saying Bayo's inclusion in Smash is "gross". I don't get it, do these people even play her games? The big thing about Bayonetta is not just her sexuality, but the fact that she OWNS her sexuality.
While I generally agree, I see it as more of a dominatrix fetish issue. Personally she's reeeally not my cup of tea lol. :nervous:

Kofu Kofu If CPU3 doesn't want to play, I will.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I find Bayonetta really funny actually. I'm glad she got in; I didn't think it was even possible, yet here she is. I'll probably learn how to use her some, and maybe even make her a serious secondary.

I really want to play the Bayonetta games now though...but I checked Gamestop's website and the closest store with a copy of the Bayonetta 1&2 Bundle is like an hour and a half away. :c

I could just download it, but then I'd have to buy a compatible hard drive which is just one more thing to crowd the entertainment center. Besides, I like physical copies of games more. And 17+ GBs will take forever to download on my internet.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
While I generally agree, I see it as more of a dominatrix fetish issue. Personally she's reeeally not my cup of tea lol. :nervous:

Kofu Kofu If CPU3 doesn't want to play, I will.
Didn't see this sorry, edits don't tag. I've been playing FG, we can have a few matches once I finish up if you're still available.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
EVENTHUBS ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING RIGHT

DEAD LAST GORLS

GOOD JOB EVENTHUBS
Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 10.48.34 PM.png

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Bowser Jr. ain't that low but everything else is fine, wow.

How bad is their top?
Here's the top
Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 11.20.01 PM.png

DAT NUMBER 8 LUCAS THO

AND CLOUD NINE LOL EVENTHUBS BE TROLLING

Link is still top 15 btw and Shulk is in the middle of the pack hahaha

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Here's the top
View attachment 88193
DAT NUMBER 8 LUCAS THO

AND CLOUD NINE LOL EVENTHUBS BE TROLLING

Link is still top 15 btw and Shulk is in the middle of the pack hahaha
I think Cloud is solid and has potential to go up from where most people think he's at, but I don't think by "go up" I'd ever say Top 10 in the game.

Also Ryu outside of Top 5 LOL

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Is Ryu top 5 a commonplace opinion now?

I think he's a solid #4 personally, but I thought public opinion might've possibly held some of Sonic, Mario, Diddy, Fox, Pikachu, etc. in higher regard (esp. with the recentish SDI vid).

Rizen

Smash Legend
Kofu Kofu GGs. Those were fun :) I'm salty about that last game SD though; Link was on the ledge but just didn't grab it :/

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Rizen Rizen

GGs man! Your Link is great. Excellent use of bombs. Just curious, have you ever tried using Toon Link? His bomb combos are even more vicious I hear.

Additionally, what buffs do you think Link still needs? As it stands he has plenty of range (you have no idea how badly it upsets me sometimes), good trapping projectiles, a strong throw game (and a long tether), and lots of power. His recovery is also better than I expect, partially because Spin Attack covers his body pretty well.

Your Game & Watch was much better, too. I'm no good at the ditto, haha. I'd say a little less DAir still. DTilt got a substantial knockback buff so of you need a quick KO move at the ledge it does okay. Otherwise I'd say just keep working on being fluid with him, lots of initial dash and full hop aerials.

Clearly my Mewtwo needs work but it's gotten a lot better I think. Villager is much more fun with platforms, part of my frustration with him must be from the flat stages on For Glory.

Let's play again sometime!

Rizen

Smash Legend
were you holding down?
No.
Rizen Rizen

GGs man! Your Link is great. Excellent use of bombs. Just curious, have you ever tried using Toon Link? His bomb combos are even more vicious I hear.

Additionally, what buffs do you think Link still needs? As it stands he has plenty of range (you have no idea how badly it upsets me sometimes), good trapping projectiles, a strong throw game (and a long tether), and lots of power. His recovery is also better than I expect, partially because Spin Attack covers his body pretty well.

Your Game & Watch was much better, too. I'm no good at the ditto, haha. I'd say a little less DAir still. DTilt got a substantial knockback buff so of you need a quick KO move at the ledge it does okay. Otherwise I'd say just keep working on being fluid with him, lots of initial dash and full hop aerials.

Clearly my Mewtwo needs work but it's gotten a lot better I think. Villager is much more fun with platforms, part of my frustration with him must be from the flat stages on For Glory.

Let's play again sometime!
Thanks. I need to learn how to space G&W and villager better. I did some stupid things and tried to challenge bowling ball from the ledge. I think it already generates as a projectile or something. I can do better next time :/
TL plays very differently from Link. I'm not into his floaty playstyle.

IMO Link needs a frame 5 jab just as a gtfo move and better air speed.

Thanks, dittos are weird. I really struggle as G&W vs characters with big disjoints who can swat G&W away. I don't know how to get in.

Your Mew2's not bad. I think he's better with patches but still a bottom 15 character. Also Link has a good MU keeping him out; I think you outplayed me the first few games as Mewtwo but he struggles vs Link.

GGs! Great connection too. Great characters especially G&W and Villager :) Let's play again soon.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
No.

Thanks. I need to learn how to space G&W and villager better. I did some stupid things and tried to challenge bowling ball from the ledge. I think it already generates as a projectile or something. I can do better next time :/
TL plays very differently from Link. I'm not into his floaty playstyle.

IMO Link needs a frame 5 jab just as a gtfo move and better air speed.

Thanks, dittos are weird. I really struggle as G&W vs characters with big disjoints who can swat G&W away. I don't know how to get in.

Your Mew2's not bad. I think he's better with patches but still a bottom 15 character. Also Link has a good MU keeping him out; I think you outplayed me the first few games as Mewtwo but he struggles vs Link.

GGs! Great connection too. Great characters especially G&W and Villager :) Let's play again soon.
What frame does Link's jab hit on now? It'd probably need a range reduction if it got a speed increase IMO, his jab is huge. But I know how helpful a fast jab can be, especially against fast characters. Villager having a frame three jab and NAir is a godsend.

Yeah, I know Toon Link plays a lot differently, I just figured the bomb traps might appeal to you. They do to me but I'm bad at them, lol.

Villager's FSmash is indeed a projectile and can be reflected. It also gains power after falling a little distance. You can challenge it, I think, but it's fickle (I've seen Fire Fox beat it once). IDK if the Hylian Shield can block it, at least when it's dropped from platforms. You want to do something quick and fun, go to training and have the computer grab a Franklin Badge. Position them under the ledges of the tallest Battlefield platform and use FSmash, then Pocket. Keep using Pocket and dropping the bowling ball on their head until the Franklin Badge wears off (Pocket resets reflection multipliers so it won't break the Franklin Badge). It's fun when they finally go flying. FSmash also happens to be the second most dangerous thing you can Pocket in Villager dittos after a felled Timber tree.

Game & Watch vs. heavies and sword/disjoint users is frustrating. Patience is the name of the game against them. With heavies they universally have good range and significant KO power (the latter sucks when you're very light and struggle landing kill moves). They're all combo food but in a lot of cases that just builds their rage so edgeguarding is critical. I try to bait attacks (most heavies will stay grounded in neutral) by full hopping aerials just out of their range or using Game & Watch's short initial dash to make them think I'm going in then get the grab when they whiff. I find DK a real pain because his air speed beats Game & Watch's for some reason. Bowser has the deadliest trades. Most sword users are more active than heavies so just try and dash attack them when possible. Link is like a hybrid heavy/swordsman which is why he feels really frustrating for me, especially when so many of his grounded attacks come out in wide arcs. Hope that helps, I'm still figuring things out myself.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hey, anyone want to play in about half an hour? McKnightlíght McKnightlíght , if you're available, I'd like to make you a first priority since I have no experience against an Ike main but would like to learn (partially since I kind of want to learn the character myself, heh). But if not I'm up to play anyone else.
We'll have to play this weekend at some point. Probably Sunday, maybe.

It's going to really busy until the holidays are over.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Had my brunch again, since I got up late again. Mainly because I had trouble getting to sleep last night. And also, found out that TF2 got a huge update, new maps, contracts, cosmetics, taunts (I'm a sucker for new taunts. <3), and balance changes to weapons and classes.

rip Engineer & Pyro.

And I was also browsing for some funny salty reactions to Bayonetta. And I found a really amazing one. Someone started a petition to get Bayonetta out of Super Smash Bros. :secretkpop:

wateven.png

The blank spaces are words that I had to censor when finding this image. :yeahboi: (This petition was later removed from the Change website.)

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Link is a zoner with stupid kinda far punishy disjoints, so a fast jab means he would not be "punished" for failing at his job. lol
Or his opponent is Sheik or Sonic. I mean, I agree with you, but certain characters are going to get past his projectiles and sword one way or another.

We'll have to play this weekend at some point. Probably Sunday, maybe.

It's going to really busy until the holidays are over.
No hurry, if it'd be easier to wait until after the holidays that's fine.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link is a zoner with stupid kinda far punishy disjoints, so a fast jab means he would not be "punished" for failing at his job. lol
Sure he would. Frame 5 isn't really a fast jab. Many zoners have frame 5 or faster jabs, look at Pits, Peach, Marth, Ike, shulk, Cloud, etc.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Ryu has been considered top 5 by most sane people since the shield patch dropped since they basically got rid of his only flaw.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Had my brunch again, since I got up late again. Mainly because I had trouble getting to sleep last night. And also, found out that TF2 got a huge update, new maps, contracts, cosmetics, taunts (I'm a sucker for new taunts. <3), and balance changes to weapons and classes.

rip Engineer & Pyro.

And I was also browsing for some funny salty reactions to Bayonetta. And I found a really amazing one. Someone started a petition to get Bayonetta out of Super Smash Bros. :secretkpop:

View attachment 88202

The blank spaces are words that I had to censor when finding this image. :yeahboi: (This petition was later removed from the Change website.)

LOL people never learn.
Bayo is here to stay. Problem? Ask your mum. =P

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
IMO Link needs a frame 5 jab just as a gtfo move and better air speed
Not even counting his wall of projectiles, a frame 5 jab would put his nair->jab on Shiek levels of pressure, and that's something that would be insane on a character with this many disjoints and so much kill power (especially now with the buffed Fair)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Or his opponent is Sheik or Sonic. I mean, I agree with you, but certain characters are going to get past his projectiles and sword one way or another.
MUs like that require only one thing gorl. Pray *****, pray! Our SassTer, who arT in Sassrule. Hallowed be Thy sass... Um, after getting to this point, you'd still be 2-stocked, soooo... So let's pray faster next time.

I agree. I really wish he still had his jab from Melee where you had the option to continue stabbing or just finish it. Sorta like how they made it in PM.
I totally agree. It'd create a wall to perfectly compliment his zoning and would be punishable from above if used wrong. Considering Link is slash happy with very little finesse in his games, it would also make sense from a character design.

Speaking of reworked jabs... Zelda's should be a sassy gun gesture that emits fire and acts as a rapid jab. Like. A sideways Uair. Or a maintained sparkle ball. A defensive character should really have FAST jabs or wall-creating jabs... Preferably starting at frame 6-7 or lower.

Edit! I had to share the sassy sharkman figure. I HAD TO, GORLS btw sassshark on the right just in case you never seen Swimming Muscle: The Anime.

Last edited:
Top Bottom