• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
zelda's probably the only character in smash you can bash to your hearts content and actually get rewarded for doing so.

That thread should be proof enough.

Milky.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MyKeyZ
3DS FC
2707-1638-6160
Hi Milky :)

1 more month until Xenoblade CX comes out...

I was playing Zelda on the ladder. I upBed left/up and warped left down at a steep angle. /wifi
bahaha, I'm assuming that there was something blocking your path.

Zelda up b in this game is so friggin' amazing. It literally can KO at 30% with rage. I know I said this a lot but I'm still fascinated by it, especially from how terrible it was in Brawl.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
bahaha, I'm assuming that there was something blocking your path.

Zelda up b in this game is so friggin' amazing. It literally can KO at 30% with rage. I know I said this a lot but I'm still fascinated by it, especially from how terrible it was in Brawl.
Now if only she would get more buffs. :secretkpop:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i go looking around this sub forum and everytime some makes a "Zelda's good" Thread @BJN39 locks it
clearly hew's Trying to keep all the forbidden Zelda Knowledge to hewselfT to keep people from thinking shes actually not hot garvage
BAN*ZELDA

Mooncake

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mooncakeee
Is it me, or did Mooncake Mooncake change mains from Zelda to Puff?

I think we might have found @Macchiato's student. :secretkpop:

No not really, I still main Zelda. Someones just teaching Puff so as of now, I'm dedicating time into my Puff. It's nice not using the worst character in the game for once. I'm still a Zelda main but I'm hoping to switch Robin out for Jigglypuff.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Does Jiggly specifically cover any of Zelda's worst matchups? She seems like such an oddly niche character to secondary with :4zelda:

Last edited:

FoxBrawler269

Banned via Warnings
Tfw someone says Fox needs to be buffed

Guys I wasnt saying he needs big buffs just small ones like up throw up air combo and a bit maybe more stronger up smash . if you dont think he needs this ur delusional.
Now at first you will say fox is already good but no he isnt. Zuper sutupid spandex is still in the game and how can fox compete when he literally has nothing good? This is why he needs buffs not because he sucks . Its not like hes SAMUS lolololol she sucks
If fox gets the minor buffs like i said it would make him good in tournaments without breaking him and would make the game so much better. He got nerfed too much after melee

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Guys I wasnt saying he needs big buffs just small ones like up throw up air combo and a bit maybe more stronger up smash . if you dont think he needs this ur delusional.
Now at first you will say fox is already good but no he isnt. Zuper sutupid spandex is still in the game and how can fox compete when he literally has nothing good? This is why he needs buffs not because he sucks . Its not like hes SAMUS lolololol she sucks
If fox gets the minor buffs like i said it would make him good in tournaments without breaking him and would make the game so much better. He got nerfed too much after melee
dude Fox isn't Zelda in a Fox costume

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I tried to use Pink Villager. I realized how delayed my connection is after practicing offline and then online. Villager is fun but essential Fair/Bair timing is so bleh... Uuuuuug.

I was about to practice with Fox, but hearing his name made me cringe and I went for Killager instead.

Zelda is still somehow my best character.

Picking other characters is hard, gorls. :C

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I can't believe some people want high tiers to be buffed. There are TONS of other characters that need buffs way more. The bottom third of the cast, for example.

The fact that it was posted here of all places (the Zelda boards) is really worrisome.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Somebody needs to go back to Melee.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
btw that guy is a blatant troll i just responded because "lol Zelda"

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I've been putting a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot of effort into Zelda lately and I'm honestly feeling REALLY hopeful.

I think @|ven| is right. She's fine. The negativity around her, including her own playerbase, really hazes things up.

She's certainly not SS tier, but I do think if someone commits to her with an incredible amount of persistence [and consistency] she can do amazing things.

Ven placing top 5 in a fairly high scene (outside of cali and florida anyways) should showcase what she can do, especially because he ONLY plays her.

How many of us are consistently ledge AND platform cancelling? How many people knew we can frame trap on platforms with dthrow to (99.99% guaranteed without aiming) lightning kicks, regardless of if they tech it? Who's actually practiced din's fire to frame trap into fsmash or an Lkick? What about approaching with SH Air Dodge Bair? (Okay that one's actually mega hard to land on a mobile guy but I managed to get the Doctor with it as I was ting this :D ). How often are you getting the falling nair to true combo elevator?

Macchiato is the only Zelda I've seen consistently use love jumps.

@Suicidal_Donuts is the only Zelda who works breversed phantoms into his gameplay as a core part of it.

It's true that every Zelda is different, but if the mains combined all of these tools and used them at the right moments Zelda turns into an absolute beast. Slippery (momentum shifts, nerfed love jump, ledge cancels), KOs extremely early.

We have a reflector. Arguably one of the best in the game for it's versatility and intangibility and 11 free damage. FW is easily the best recovery in the game, and one of the scariest KO moves to boot. Pretty much everything outside of dtilt/jab/NL can kill. Out of the remaining moves, about a fourth can KO around the 50-60% range on almost anyone with rage. Dsmash is ridiculously fast, usmash is like what, one of the top 3 or 4 in the game? Dair is one of the top 5 or 6 spikes as well.

We have almost-true combos for up to 58% damage varying on height/weight and fall categories. Nair is actually a pretty good move since it'll 50/50 clash with almost anything with all it' weird transcending multihit nonsense.

All we lack is frame date, but imagine for a moment just how ridiculous Zelda would be if she had some on par frame data. Like, damn.

I still want buffs, of course. But hopefully you get the point. Some MUs suck. Sheik (literally everyone) and Sanic and the like. Still.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
nairo is the best zelda.

nairo beat zero (aka best shiek)

therefore, any good zelda can beat a good shiek

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Guys I'm not saying Zero Suit Samus needs big buffs but she needs buffs like increasing her UP B's kill potential and maybe less end lag on all of her attacks. if you don't think she needs this you're delusional.
Now at first you will say Zero Suit Samus is already good, but no, she isn't, Zii Stupid Yoga Outfit Cotton aka Ms. Deviantart is still in the game and obvs just there for fanservice and how can Zeo Suit Samus compete against her and she literally has nothing good? This is why she needs buffs not because she sucks but because she sucks... At least she's not like a character who actually needs buffs like SAMUS LOLOLOLOL she SUCKS. If ZERO SUIT SAMUS gets the buffs like I propose it would make him good in tournaments without breaking him and would make the game so much better even to people who play characters like SAMUS and ZELDA. She got nerfed to much after Brawl.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Guys I'm not saying Zero Suit Samus needs big buffs but she needs buffs like increasing her UP B's kill potential and maybe less end lag on all of her attacks. if you don't think she needs this you're delusional.
Now at first you will say Zero Suit Samus is already good, but no, she isn't, Zii Stupid Yoga Outfit Cotton aka Ms. Deviantart is still in the game and obvs just there for fanservice and how can Zeo Suit Samus compete against her and she literally has nothing good? This is why she needs buffs not because she sucks but because she sucks... At least she's not like a character who actually needs buffs like SAMUS LOLOLOLOL she SUCKS. If ZERO SUIT SAMUS gets the buffs like I propose it would make him good in tournaments without breaking him and would make the game so much better even to people who play characters like SAMUS and ZELDA. She got nerfed to much after Brawl.
dude ZSS isn't Samus in a ZSS costume...

Wait a minute...

FoxBrawler269

Banned via Warnings
lmao ok someone went to a lot of trouble to try to make me sound like i know nothing about smash
at least im not a tier *****
:secretkpop:

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
In what can only be described as a twist of irony, I literally copied and pasted the post and added/removed a few words to make it more coherent.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
why are y'all even replying

it's an obvious troll, combined with the fact that it's an obvious troll account created just for the purpose of baiting replies

smh y'all need to exercise better judgement

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Man, the more I see and hear of Yo-kai watch, the more excited I am about it. I even watched the first dubbed episode of the anime and it was pretty awesome actually.

It really is funny how games I have mild interest in can quickly become very hype. It happened with Bravely Default with me as well.

The only negative thing I really heard was the catching system was pretty bad, but I think I can manage. Especially with the battle system I played during the demo.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
why are y'all even replying

it's an obvious troll, combined with the fact that it's an obvious troll account created just for the purpose of baiting replies

smh y'all need to exercise better judgement
i mean if I'm having fun being baited then i should be allowed to have fun

Top Bottom