• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Speaking of spooky and halloween, I'm dressing up my little avatar slot for Halloween. We'll be back to Joseph by the time it's over but for now....

I am the dumb blockstrings/dirty throw mixup master. (Look up Balrog play in ST and you'll see)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah, but they're my team for the playoffs this year.

I don't want to talk about the Mariners.
We just fired the best manager we've had in years. :(

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I have family in NY and multiple connections. I like the Yankees more usually, but I'm a big David Wright fan and want to see him do well after fighting injuries the past few years.
Root for the Cubs instead.

I don't normally watch baseball, but am a passive Cubs fan.

Kind of like those people who say they're Christian and go to church on Easter and Christmas.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
I'm doing doubles tomorrow and my partner and I are going lucas zelda, so we were going to watch Ven + Fow (Ness Zelda, next best thing) for some analysis for our practice. But the twitch page won't load for us. Any reason why that would be ;^;?

Edit: http://www.twitch.tv/pressstartlv/v/17618035 if anyone's curious as to the specific link.

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I'm doing doubles tomorrow and my partner and I are going lucas zelda, so we were going to watch Ven + Fow (Ness Zelda, next best thing) for some analysis for our practice. But the twitch page won't load for us. Any reason why that would be ;^;?

Edit: http://www.twitch.tv/pressstartlv/v/17618035 if anyone's curious as to the specific link.
Video was deleted. It's probably being uploaded to youtube soon.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Video was deleted. It's probably being uploaded to youtube soon.
I figured but hoped against it.

I assumed it'd say 'video deleted' after 10 minutes and not just a hope crushing loading icon.

I'm also super new to twitch sooo. Thanks <3

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
They should be uploaded here. https://www.youtube.com/user/vegassmash/videos I'll ask and see if they're being posted.
Perfect! Thank you.

Fun tidbit for your trouble, lucas downthrow to maximum distance jump>FW2 will true-combo together at all %. It's only going to be really useful in a 2v1 scenario, but it's a really cool little gimmick we found.

(It's also the most reliable kill set up we have as a team. #justZeldathings. :secretkpop:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have there been any Zelda's that have won a 1v1 tournament in this game? I'm curious to see those matches.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Have there been any Zelda's that have won a 1v1 tournament in this game? I'm curious to see those matches.
At small locals/weeklies or even smaller-sized regionals? Sure.

The big yearly events like EVO/Apex? Nooot yet.

|ven| |ven| is the agreed upon top Zelda player we have that also gets results. He placed top 5 in his PR as Zelda only and that's at the Vegas scene, which is pretty intense. Probably one of the better scenes that's not SoCal or Florida, imo.

So don't be too disheartened just yet.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I don't think any Zelda has won a 1v1 tournament in any Smash game.
:196:
STOP SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION
Zylach, ven, and Fairess all have won one or more tournaments with Zelda. They were all locals though.

D

Deleted member

At small locals/weeklies or even smaller-sized regionals? Sure.

The big yearly events like EVO/Apex? Nooot yet.

|ven| |ven| is the agreed upon top Zelda player we have that also gets results. He placed top 5 in his PR as Zelda only and that's at the Vegas scene, which is pretty intense. Probably one of the better scenes that's not SoCal or Florida, imo.

So don't be too disheartened just yet.
Thankfully i wouldn't be disheartened as stuff like that actually gives me motivation. And I'll check out their vids. Thanks!

I don't think Zelda has ever won a 1v1 fight tbh.
das cuz it ain't a fite, zeruda merely kicks once and dey go flyin'.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Thankfully i wouldn't be disheartened as stuff like that actually gives me motivation. And I'll check out their vids. Thanks!

das cuz it ain't a fite, zeruda merely kicks once and dey go flyin'.
Actually it's because no one has ever picked Zelda. Not even with Random.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just playing some Medabots again. Super fun. :yeahboi:
Shame that Medabots Infinity was the last Medabots game to be released outside of Japan. But I guess it's because the series was losing interest overseas. Which will explain why the Wikipedia page for both Medabots (Metabee & Rokusho) and Infinity have zero information about them. :V

Rizen

Smash Legend
Berserker and Lavani are the same person. He played Shulk and switched arts so much that his mind created a split personality. It's why I don't play Link and Toon Link. Also EODM07 is his repressed inner child.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just playing some Medabots again. Super fun. :yeahboi:
Shame that Medabots Infinity was the last Medabots game to be released outside of Japan. But I guess it's because the series was losing interest overseas. Which will explain why the Wikipedia page for both Medabots (Metabee & Rokusho) and Infinity have zero information about them. :V

Go play the GBA medabots. infinity was a horrible medarot game :v

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I did not see before on the 1.1.1 patch changelist that Paletuna's Explosive Flame no longer has the unblockable final hit.

Because she needed to be nerfed. :secretkpop: Though it was just customs so w/e. Either way it DID get decent damage and hitbox size buffs too.)

@KuroganeHammer do you have any idea what a maximum distance Din's Fire's hitbox sizes would be? I wanted to assume that it just reaches double the original like the damage at max distance but I have no idea if that's true.

Mostly because I wanted to compare it to Paletuna's size 15.5 hitbox on EF to see that Zelda's deserves hitbox buffs on ha worthless Din's.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So I did not see before on the 1.1.1 patch changelist that Paletuna's Explosive Flame no longer has the unblockable final hit.

Because she needed to be nerfed. :secretkpop: Though it was just customs so w/e. Either way it DID get decent damage and hitbox size buffs too.)

@KuroganeHammer do you have any idea what a maximum distance Din's Fire's hitbox sizes would be? I wanted to assume that it just reaches double the original like the damage at max distance but I have no idea if that's true.

Mostly because I wanted to compare it to Paletuna's size 15.5 hitbox on EF to see that Zelda's deserves hitbox buffs on ha worthless Din's.
The new blockstun means Explosive Flame is now a true blockstring. Before you could just roll out making the unblockable hit useless on anyone who knew.

Also they tried giving Din's a big hitbox in Brawl. And I'm sure that made many a casual cry.

Top Bottom