• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Windfall can actually gimp as early as 30% offstage, combos from up throw on bad DI as a kill set up, and is a quick out of shield option so at the very least it has a reason to exist. Rejection is just bad... really bad. Also what is wrong with Windfall's recovery? It has horizontal movement unlike Farore's Wind and Squall which makes up for the fact you can't aim it. Sure, you can't be as versatile in your recovery and just teleport from anywhere but you can still recover low no problem. It's not like it turns you into Little Mac.

worst recovery in the game 0/10 please buff
The only problem about recovering low is that you make yourself very susceptible to edgeguards near the ledge. Here I got caught hugging the stage while recovering which actually made me vulnerable to the spike. If I recovered diagonally, even if he got the taunt spike timed correctly it wouldn't have hit me because ledge mechanics. I hate to trash on a move that's already really bad but yeah oops
All I want is for Zelda to not enter freefall after a Din's Fire. If they change that for Zelda in the newest patch whenever they add the next DLC character. I'll be happy. :c

Also for @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 :

Have fun with her legs @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 . (Just don't like @ Berserker. Berserker. find out. :secretkpop: )
You know I have a thing for nice leggings on slim legs. That's cool and al but pls not the feet. Not. The. Feet.

And of course I do not want Baka-chan's feet either

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
You know I have a thing for nice leggings on slim legs. That's cool and al but pls not the feet. Not. The. Feet.

That's fine. I have a thing for both. :yeahboi:

Nothing wrong with them. =w=

Oh god, the 20XX. I'm kind of happy I'm not into Melee. :V

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Oh god, the 20XX. I'm kind of happy I'm not into Melee. :V
Join the club. XD

Yet again, I feel like I'm missing out on the largest smash community. Everyone plays it and here I am just saying:

Yup. Gonna go back to my Wii U now.

Oh well. :p

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The only problem about recovering low is that you make yourself very susceptible to edgeguards near the ledge. Here I got caught hugging the stage while recovering which actually made me vulnerable to the spike. If I recovered diagonally, even if he got the taunt spike timed correctly it wouldn't have hit me because ledge mechanics. I hate to trash on a move that's already really bad but yeah oops

I knew you were gonna be like

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Join the club. XD

Yet again, I feel like I'm missing out on the largest smash community. Everyone plays it and here I am just saying:

But Muhley is soooooo much fun tho ;_;

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Join the club. XD

Same here. But since the whole meta of Melee is just full of Top Tiers, I feel like I shouldn't really bother. Plus I feel like playing Melee competitively might just end up giving me arthritis sooner than I want. :V

Don't worry @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 . Everything is going to be fine. :yeahboi:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
But Muhley is soooooo much fun tho ;_;
I tried liking Melee but I still can't grasp all the teching required to play competitively. Smash 4 is definetly my speed.

Then again, I don't have a problem with it. It's not flawed, and I can see why it has such a huge community... But I'm just not the kind of person for it.

Blame it on my awful reflexes....

And the fact that I've been using my gamepad as a controller way too much due to a lack of a GameCube adapter.

Same here. But since the whole meta of Melee is just full of Top Tiers, I feel like I shouldn't really bother. Plus I feel like playing Melee competitively might just end up giving me arthritis sooner than I want. :V
I feel like that's not completely true. There are some VERY dedicated players who have played lower-tier characters for a while and have had some success in tournaments like SAUS , a Link main who beat The Moon, a notable Marth main. There's also @Bizzarro Flame, a Ganon main who's ranked 91st in the world (Which is pretty darn good imo). Another would be @Sethlon , the best Roy I've ever seen ever.

I tried liking Melee but I still can't grasp all the teching required to play competitively. Smash 4 is definetly my speed.

Then again, I don't have a problem with it. It's not flawed, and I can see why it has such a huge community... But I'm just not the kind of person for it.

And the fact that I've been using my gamepad as a controller way too much due to a lack of a GameCube adapter.
You don't NEED tech skill, but it helps your game. Borp has won tournaments without using any tech. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I don't play Melee because it's too fast for me. My reflexes are terrible so I would just get constantly destroyed.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Woo gamepad gorls :drflip: :happysheep:

And if I played Melee I would probably air-dodge to my death in the first 5 seconds :secretkpop:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I like Melee a lot, specifically Melee Zelda.

and Sheik, because a secondary is required if you're maining Zelda and you're not named Cosmo or The Lake.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I feel like that's not completely true. There are some VERY dedicated players who have played lower-tier characters for a while and have had some success in tournaments like SAUS , a Link main who beat The Moon, a notable Marth main. There's also @Bizzarro Flame, a Ganon main who's ranked 91st in the world (Which is pretty darn good imo). Another would be @Sethlon , the best Roy I've ever seen ever.

You don't NEED tech skill, but it helps your game. Borp has won tournaments without using any tech. :secretkpop:
Remember, for a long part in kens prime, he didn't even know how to wavedash. He just dash danced

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Me playing Melee in a nutshell
>Pick Ganondorf
>Do random wavedashes for no reason and look like you know the game
>Spam Fairs
>L-cancel those Fairs and look like you know the game
>Grab a spacey
>Chain grab those peeps and look like you know the game
>Realize you don't know how to play the game
>Lose

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Me playing Melee in a nutshell
>Pick Ganondorf
>Do random wavedashes for no reason and look like you know the game
>Spam Fairs
>L-cancel those Fairs and look like you know the game
>Grab a spacey
>Chain grab those peeps and look like you know the game
>Realize you don't know how to play the game
>Lose
I prefer picking pichu and running around doing nairs

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ahh yes, Melee

I used to play Falco, back in the melee days *lights cigarette*.

Yep, I only spammed his Fsmash and his Sonic Speed and his "piece of cake" *takes a sip of cigarette juice*

Yep, those were the good ol' days.

*gets lung cancer and dies at age 10*

DON'T SMOKE DON'T PLAY FALCO!

Melee is fun, but I prefer Smash 4 because well.... I play it more and, it has Shulk. I guess. I still play Melee though. Just not as much as Smash 4, since Smash 4 my main focus atm

I like using Link, Sheik, and Marth in Melee. Fox is too hard for me to utilize lol

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Melee is fun, but I prefer Smash 4 because well.... I play it more and, it has Shulk. I guess. I still play Melee though. Just not as much as Smash 4, since Smash 4 my main focus atm

I like using Link, Sheik, and Marth in Melee. Fox is too hard for me to utilize lol
Tbf

Fox is for people who don't value their hands =P

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

True that, I remember seeing GRSmash do a video on Borp. But since it was a video of Sheik, I just rolled my eyes and moved on. :secretkpop:

Since we all know how my hatred for Sheik is. :yeahboi:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@Swampasaur

Pokémon Gold/Silver, Super Smash Bros., Earthbound, Kirby, Balloon Fight, Wii, DS

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I feel like that's not completely true. There are some VERY dedicated players who have played lower-tier characters for a while and have had some success in tournaments like SAUS , a Link main who beat The Moon, a notable Marth main. There's also @Bizzarro Flame, a Ganon main who's ranked 91st in the world (Which is pretty darn good imo).

>Talks about low tier mains in Melee
>Doesn't mention @TheLake @Cosmo!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I want to see a Zelda in either Melee or Sm4sh destroy everyone and win a tournament. :yeahboi:

Also, anyone up for a few matches? I'm going to get a room up. And I might just mess around with a few other characters I never use. :V

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Woo I'm done and got it uploaded~

@Swampasaur It's the thought that counts right?

And I got mai other drawings in too:happysheep:

And I got that feeling I'm gonna forget to tag someone....

@Alacion, @ Baskerville Baskerville , @berserker00 , @Lavani , @Spritzee , @WaifuRaccoonBL , I can't tag Jazz it's too hard
@S.F.L.R_9 , @Nammy12 , @ kenniky kenniky , @Burgundy Blade , @ Berserker. Berserker. , @ EODM07 EODM07 , I can't tag Jazz it's too hard

@Phenomiracle , @ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght :p @Nairo?
Half the people here
@XDanDan612 , @Spritzee , I can't tag Jazz it's too hard.

Meh the paint on Jiggs and Zelda bothers me a ton and I don't think I did a too good of a job on the sass ;________;

And idk the originals look orange smh

The camera's quality make my cry :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom