• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

@GingerGaymer
Following our convo from yesterday (I enjoy talking to fellow ToS fans) Have you played any other Tales of games?
So far, I've played (from favourite to least favourite and the characters I use)

Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) (Lloyd/Genis)
Tales of The Abyss (3DS) (Guy/Tear)
Tales of Phantasia (GBA) (Arche)
Tales of Symphonia Dawn of The New World (Wii) (Marta)
Tales of Innocence (DS) (Spada)

I really want to play Tales of Vesperia, but I don't have an Xbox

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

I heard the news when I got up, and I honestly have no idea how to react, I want to be strong and not break down into a wreck. It really is a sad day.

No Yuri pic of the day for today. It'll come back tomorrow.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Iwata's passing broke me. I've cried at least 3 times (no shame). He was truly a great man, and while I didn't agree with every decision he made, it all seemed to be a means to a particular end, that end being fun. Fun, a word that a lot of people forget through an era of increasingly rapid cynicism within this industry. Something I think a lot of people could embrace. Over all the years, through all the goofy controversy, weird PR, strange consoles, I've never not had FUN with a Nintendo system.

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. I won't forget the products you made, or the childhood of mine that you brightened, both as a producer, and as the CEO of Nintendo.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
@GingerGaymer
Following our convo from yesterday (I enjoy talking to fellow ToS fans) Have you played any other Tales of games?
So far, I've played (from favourite to least favourite and the characters I use)

Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) (Lloyd/Genis)
Tales of The Abyss (3DS) (Guy/Tear)
Tales of Phantasia (GBA) (Arche)
Tales of Symphonia Dawn of The New World (Wii) (Marta)
Tales of Innocence (DS) (Spada)

I really want to play Tales of Vesperia, but I don't have an Xbox
I've only played two Tales games. Tales of Eternia on the PSP and Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube.
I did like Eternia even though the voice acting in that is just god awful. Symphonia I see as probably one of the best Tales games ever. Shame is I didn't play the newest Tales games, but maybe that's because I'm more of a Nintendo person.

Tales of Vesperia is amazing. You probably already know this.
Blah Blah Blah... Tidal Wave! Is probably the best thing I've seen or heard about this game
Rita too OP, Pls nerf
I've only played two Tales games. Tales of Eternia on the PSP and Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube.
I did like Eternia even though the voice acting in that is just god awful. Symphonia I see as probably one of the best Tales games ever. Shame is I didn't play the newest Tales games, but maybe that's because I'm more of a Nintendo person.
After Abyss was released on the 3DS, the newer Tales games haven't really appealed to me that much. Not sure why though...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Blah Blah Blah... Tidal Wave! Is probably the best thing I've seen or heard about this game
Rita too OP, Pls nerf

After Abyss was released on the 3DS, the newer Tales games haven't really appealed to me that much. Not sure why though...
I do remember looking up some scenes from Tales of Xillia and some of the parts were quite funny. I might get it, but I'll probably be selling my PS3 later in the future. Maybe for either a DVD/Blu Ray player or a more classic console.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Rita too OP, Pls nerf
Rita's existence is probably my favorite thing about the game next to the super subtext-y relationship between Yuri and Flynn.

Page steal edit: This page is dedicated to gay subtext in JRPGs, I guess? :secretkpop:

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
For calling Windfall & Zelda Tr4sh:

"Damn right we don't need any respect on characters or the games themselves now in smash community. Call anyone or anything tr4sh however you like as you will receive the same respect you give to others."

I love r/smashbros it brings me such joy sometimes

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Rita's existence is probably my favorite thing about the game next to the super subtext-y relationship between Yuri and Flynn.

Page steal edit: This page is dedicated to gay subtext in JRPGs, I guess? :secretkpop:

*Simply starts laughing looking at my profile pic.*

I changed that yesterday before this convo even started!

I just recently got and have since fallen in love with Tales of Vesperia.

That is all. :3

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I never noticed the banner till now. That is a very nice bit of detail.

Funny that I nearly cried earlier, but I'm holding strong now. Just going to be looking up some good, fun stuff now. And by that, I mean music. And by music I mean Japanese Music and Video Game Music. :yeahboi:

And now I cannot stop sniffing, must be hayfever.

How I was trying to be earlier:

How I was feeling inside:

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

"Damn right we don't need any respect on characters or the games themselves now in smash community. Call anyone or anything tr4sh however you like as you will receive the same respect you give to others."

I said this on Zelda's section
This character is so underrated and does not deserve to have her own tier at the bottom. She has combos and kill set-ups specifically nair to elevator. She has good range and damage output. Her edgeguarding game is also pheonominal with her covering about every type of recovery. Her only problems are mobility and approach. Approaching is really not that hard due to SH Nair being a great tool. Baiting is something Zelda is good with her fast air speed. Mobility can be fixed with teleport cancelling on stages like BF and her mobility isn't that bad. She could be Robin. Her Kill power is great too, being able to kill as early as Bowser can is really good. She does have her flaws but IMO she's a solid mid and should never be underestimated.
Optimism :^)

Even to the depths of hell

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965

Still better than rejection :happysheep:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
IMO Zelda isn't mid tier in my wildest dreams. That said, she's definitely bad BUT nowhere near as bad as people who don't play her say. Too often I see people say she has nothing going for her but unreliable KO power, which simply isn't true.

But I love this.
her mobility isn't that bad. She could be Robin.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Wait did you actually not know that you can could turnaround in the middle of dthrow nair and still make it a true combo?
I'm not stupid

But eww too complicated for the little reward you get *shrugs*

Still better than rejection :happysheep:
In Rejection's defence it doesn't kill you when going for the ledge lol

Still Tr4sh tier though agreed

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Watch my 'Zelda is not the worst!' optimism diminish next time I play Sm4sh.

Zelda will be bottom 2 in my mind this week I guarantee it.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I'm not stupid

But eww too complicated for the little reward you get *shrugs*

In Rejection's defence it doesn't kill you when going for the ledge lol

Still Tr4sh tier though agreed
I've wanted to ask you for a while. What match up do you think Zelda wins? Usually when you talk about MUs, you just talk about her bad MUs. I feel like she beats :4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4gaw::4falco::4jigglypuff::4link::4mewtwo::4palutena::4samus::4wiifit:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm assuming you haven't recovered with it yet.

I'm hoping that was sarcasm gorl.
No

Reject is worse than Windfall. It is undoubtedly worse.

It does nothing. Windfall at least does damage lol, and it can KO technically speaking roughly the same/tiny bits earlier than Elevator even can assuming both have good DI.

Speaking of DI, Windfallivator actually shouldn't be able to be escaped via DI at point blank.

I mean, people have worked around bad recoveries since Melee by changing their play, we just would have to avoid going into the bottom corner, AND ACTUALLY RECOVER FROM LOWER AND A LITTLE MORE OUTWARD AS TO NOT TOUCH THE STAGE AND SD. It really isn't rocket science and people are getting really hung up on SDing with it.

I will ofc stand by that Elevator is a better Farore than Windfall for like, everything, but Windfall is better than Rejection. It has things, Rejection does not.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I tried playing Zelda yesterday, I forgot how rusty I was with her. Plus I wasn't doing so well with her.

I'll just stick to the four I use.

I've wanted to ask you for a while. What match up do you think Zelda wins? Usually when you talk about MUs, you just talk about her bad MUs. I feel like she beats :4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4gaw::4falco::4jigglypuff::4link::4mewtwo::4palutena::4samus::4wiifit:
Funny that when I tried to beat you with Zelda, you destroyed me with her. Guess I don't have much knowledge on facing her.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
So is it agreed that Blaze is actually more useful than Flare even in 1v1s? I saw that on reddit and questioned it.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Windfall can actually gimp as early as 30% offstage, combos from up throw on bad DI as a kill set up, and is a quick out of shield option so at the very least it has a reason to exist. Rejection is just bad... really bad. Also what is wrong with Windfall's recovery? It has horizontal movement unlike Farore's Wind and Squall which makes up for the fact you can't aim it. Sure, you can't be as versatile in your recovery and just teleport from anywhere but you can still recover low no problem. It's not like it turns you into Little Mac.

worst recovery in the game 0/10 please buff.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Windfall would probably be a decent/maybe good? recovery in Maylay, which just shows how good regular Sm4sh FW is as a recovery.

NOOOO We've all agreed that

Flare>>Fire=Blaze
I thought so. I thought maybe something was discovered.
Blaze is just for teams then, which sucks because it's actually my favorite Zelda custom by far.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
NOOOO We've all agreed that

Flare>>Fire=Blaze
All I want is for Zelda to not enter freefall after a Din's Fire. If they change that for Zelda in the newest patch whenever they add the next DLC character. I'll be happy. :c

Also for @SBphiloz4:

Have fun with her legs @SBphiloz4. (Just don't let @Berserker. find out. :secretkpop: )

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I honestly don't know which MUs she wins, because there are MUs I don't have enough experience to make too strong of an opinion on.

The only MU I do think we do win is Mewtew I guess. We both can kill each other p easily but we can exploit his large frame p easily & I imagine Zelda can edgeguard him quite well which is something Mewtwo can't do as well to us.

Bowser wins but only slightly IMO. It's basically who gets the first wins & Bowser has an easier time doing that because his range > ours & with both of us having p mediocre frame data.

G&W wins quite solidly though, his disjoints hurt Zelda, he's near impossible for Zelda to edgeguard & being small is really ****ing good in this game & Zelda hates small characters.

Everything else I honestly don't know

Soul.

I know I'm being unrelated to the current topic but, it warms my heart knowing this happened:

A rainbow over Nintendo's headquarters.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Windfall would probably be a decent/maybe good? recovery in Maylay, which just shows how good regular Sm4sh FW is as a recovery.

I thought so. I thought maybe something was discovered.
Blaze is just for teams then, which sucks because it's actually my favorite Zelda custom by far.
I like regular Din's Fire the best. Din's Flare is probably better overall in 1v1 but I like the vertical movement of Din's Fire for traps. Blaze just feels too clunky and slow which is sad because it's one of my favorite customs. If only it dealt damage while it was set in place or while traveling (something like pk thunder).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I honestly don't know which MUs she wins, because there are MUs I don't have enough experience to make too strong of an opinion on.

The only MU I do think we do win is Mewtew I guess. We both can kill each other p easily but we can exploit his large frame p easily & I imagine Zelda can edgeguard him quite well which is something Mewtwo can't do as well to us.

Bowser wins but only slightly IMO. It's basically who gets the first wins & Bowser has an easier time doing that because his range > ours & with both of us having p mediocre frame data.

G&W wins quite solidly though, his disjoints hurt Zelda, he's near impossible for Zelda to edgeguard & being small is really ****ing good in this game & Zelda hates small characters.

Everything else I honestly don't know
Actually, I've played the best bowser on Smashladder and I learned that we can airbait him and he can't really do anything do to his slow airspeed. If he attempts to do something we can just LK at his bad lag. I also consistantly killed him at 90% with Elevator which is surprisingly early against bowser.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Actually, I've played the best bowser on Smashladder and I learned that we can airbait him and he can't really do anything do to his slow airspeed. If he attempts to do something we can just LK at his bad lag. I also consistantly killed him at 90% with Elevator which is surprisingly early against bowser.
Meh I just need to play the MU more. But atm Muhley is my priority & I feel like in making great progress in it sooooooooooooooooo

Top Bottom