• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm starting to like Mewtwo a little more after deciding to play a few games with him. Forgot how fun he is to play.

Hey gorls! Which of you have the 3DS version of smash?
Wanna add some of you
My friend code is 0018-1695-8353
If you added me, could you let me know?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
DONTPLAYBOBVANCEDONTPLAYBOBVANCE
DONT PLAY BOB VANCE

Also since you know my playstyle well, who do you think will be a threat to me at Xanadu. I'm going Tuesday and maybe @ Antonykun Antonykun
Two gorls are going to meet each other irl? this is gonna be interesting

what if you two meet each other in bracket lol

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
DONTPLAYBOBVANCEDONTPLAYBOBVANCE
DONT PLAY BOB VANCE

Also since you know my playstyle well, who do you think will be a threat to me at Xanadu. I'm going Tuesday and maybe @ Antonykun Antonykun
well if you are saying "And maybe Antonykun" as "Antonykun is coming with me then maybe, it depends if both my mom will be ok (i don't want to make her worry) and @Project Crysis comes along as moral support
if you mean "Antonykun can you tell me what do i have to look out for" then pretty much anyone who showed up in stream

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
well if you are saying "And maybe Antonykun" as "Antonykun is coming with me then maybe, it depends if both my mom will be ok (i don't want to make her worry) and @Project Crysis comes along as moral support
if you mean "Antonykun can you tell me what do i have to look out for" then pretty much anyone who showed up in stream
i meant coming but I hope you can. Tbh no one knows the Butterknife MU

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
asdf.png

asdf.png

I would hope you would be able to take care of yourself lol

anyway it would be super cool if we saw any of yew on stream :o

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@Project Crysis
but who do you think I'll struggle with. I struggle with very campy playstyles. I already know I don't wanna play DunnoBro.
Well I meant everyone else that's going to be competing at Xanadu. Idk who is gonna be there so I can't say who you'll have trouble with but there's a lot of good players so be careful. Some general advice I could give you is that sometimes you overextend too much so try to be safer if it's not working out.

Duck Hunt isn't too hard of a matchup for Zelda at all. Try practicing against some good Duck Hunts and get used to playing against someone campy

Oh and if you're on stream Thomas you h a v e to tell us. Or else...
secretkpop2.0.png

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Well I meant everyone else that's going to be competing at Xanadu. Idk who is gonna be there so I can't say who you'll have trouble with but there's a lot of good players so be careful. Some general advice I could give you is that sometimes you overextend too much so try to be safer if it's not working out.

Duck Hunt isn't too hard of a matchup for Zelda at all. Try practicing against some good Duck Hunts and get used to playing against someone campy

Oh and if you're on stream Thomas you h a v e to tell us. Or else... View attachment 61184
I did, I literally just played a good Duck Hunt and I got so fustrated. They were close matches, but still.

I will gorl, don't worry.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I did, I literally just played a good Duck Hunt and I got so fustrated. They were close matches, but still.

I will gorl, don't worry.
Hmmm...are you
- sniping with Farore's (when you can)
- reflecting most of the things with Nayru's
- Edgeguarding him? He can be daired super easily

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Hmmm...are you
- sniping with Farore's (when you can)
- reflecting most of the things with Nayru's (gunmen can't be reflected i don't think)
- Edgeguarding him? He can be daired super easily
Wait, why wouldn't Gunmen be reflectable? Maybe you're just timing it wrong.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Wait, why wouldn't Gunmen be reflectable? Maybe you're just timing it wrong.
I think they're like Luma's Star Bits in how they're huge disjoints that appear like projectiles. I know that you can't Gravitational Pull the gunmen with Rosalina, so I'd assume you can't reflect them. Lemme double check

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I think they're like Luma's Star Bits in how they're huge disjoints that appear like projectiles. I know that you can't Gravitational Pull the gunmen with Rosalina, so I'd assume you can't reflect them. Lemme double check
You can definitely Gravitational Pull the gunmen bullets. Not entirely sure why you would want to reflect the gunmen themselves, they don't do much.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
You can definitely Gravitational Pull the gunmen bullets. Not entirely sure why you would want to reflect the gunmen themselves, they don't do much.
Have you tested GPing them? I was able to reflect them with Nayru's Love, but I keep getting hit out of GP no matter how I time it.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Have you tested GPing them? I was able to reflect them with Nayru's Love, but I keep getting hit out of GP no matter how I time it.
I think Dabuz did it at CEO once or twice.

Can't test it atm but will asap

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I used to secondary :4duckhunt:, what questions do you have? I dropped him because he tends to have a killing problem that relies on setups and reads, but works great in doubles because of his damage racking and stage control potential.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I keep watching Omni's "Why you should pick a top tier" video and I just can't get myself to pick one.

:4sheik::4diddy::4luigi::rosalina: are all boring af to play, :4zss: and:4sonic: just doesn't stick.
I would play :4falcon:but I don't think that he covers most of :4ganondorf:'s bad MU in honesty :ohwell:

*le sigh* I'm going to turn into macchiato trying to pick a top tier at this rate lol XD :p

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I used to secondary :4duckhunt:, what questions do you have? I dropped him because he tends to have a killing problem that relies on setups and reads, but works great in doubles because of his damage racking and stage control potential.
Do the gunmen's shots have any strange properties? I can reflect them with every character, but can't Gravitational Pull them with Rosalina

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I keep watching Omni's "Why you should pick a top tier" video and I just can't get myself to pick one.

:4sheik::4diddy::4luigi::rosalina: are all boring af to play, :4zss: and:4sonic: just doesn't stick.
I would play :4falcon:but I don't think that he covers most of :4ganondorf:'s bad MU in honesty :ohwell:

*le sigh* I'm going to turn into macchiato trying to pick a top tier at this rate lol XD :p
You can always try Zelda, since you posting this in the Zelda boards! :)

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Well I lost my first game against a falco because he dthrowed me and I missed the tech and killed myself off the ledge. Fml.

Don't worry, I'll redeem myself

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Edit: decided to host the game later for those who are keen on late night games, otherwise I can host tomorrow at the same time, since I found out that I don't have school until Tuesday lol.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
The only top tier I use with any regularity anymore is Sheik.
I just pretend it's still Melee and that I held :GCA: before the match started.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 I can't get Gravitational Pull to absorb the Gunmen projectiles either. That's weird.

EDIT:
found something in the Rosalina-Duck Hunt discussion:
Wispy said:
Rosalina can't absorb the gunmens' projectiles
Looks like it. That's really strange.

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Do the gunmen's shots have any strange properties? I can reflect them with every character, but can't Gravitational Pull them with Rosalina
No, Rosie can't GP them. The projectiles themselves are basically invisible. Perhaps that has something to do with it? The move itself is very strange, along with Din's Fire, being awkward "projectiles".

Top Bottom