• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I really don't care if they use the same moves a lot, I care if they're abusing lag.
Oh. Well in that case, I have met a few people with lag buttons. Like, I am winning a match, 1 stock ahead, they have high %. Then. Lag. I can tell it was a button to because the lag was off and on and the person was playing with the lag. Perfectly with no screw ups.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Yeah um gorls just a warning, don't look up DRAMAtical Murder unless you want to possibly stumble upon some very NSFW stuff :secretkpop:

Holy Smash Balls my sodium levels are sky high right now

So I complained earlier about losing to a Samus. It was frustrating but at least I felt like the player was good. This time? Nah (Nowi?). I was playing this Japanese player with my Game & Watch and the lag was disruptive. Well, their strategy was basically to alternate between charing Charge Shot and UTilt to wall me out. And the lag was so bad I couldn't punish it to get in. Missiles were thrown in occasionally to frustrate my attempts to bucket the Charge Shot. I lost (twice) and am quite mad right now.
If the lag is bad you're under no obligation to stay there. Just SD your stocks & leave the room

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

Just playing some Smash 4 with :4feroy:. Really enjoying him so far.

Gotta give shoutout to some of the members on the Roy boards on that Roy can IASA his FAir into his Specials. :yeahboi:

Was going to post a clip from Chuuni's OVA of Dekomori and Nibutani accidentally kissing. But I think that'd be too lewd for this thread. :yeahboi:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I was at a friend's place in China and she wanted me to watch her play DRAMAtical Murder.

Even though I knew the game's true secrets I was a nice guy and watched her play. I like to live on the edge full of risks... just like how I main Zelda. :secretkpop:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Good morning guys. I made tea and spilled it everywhere, what a great way to start the day :^) I hope we see some interesting stuff at E3. If there's a new Metroid I will just lose it k

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
E3 Hyyyyype gooooorls. What do you expect to see? Do you think they'll tease the next DLC character? Personally I hope not, since we did just get three when we were expecting only one. x-x

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Good morning guys. I made tea and spilled it everywhere, what a great way to start the day :^) I hope we see some interesting stuff at E3. If there's a new Metroid I will just lose it k
Metroid Other M 2: Electric Bungaloo

With even more "The baby..."!

:secretkpop:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
As usual the Twitch chat is as cancerous as the Roastaluma and Lonk boards smh :secretkpop:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ryu is anti-air: the character. He has so many normals that are really good at discouraging aerial approaches that any character that relies on short hop aerials to approach is going to have some degree of trouble against him.

However, this advantage is somewhat mitigated by the observation that among high/top tiers, there's only character who absolutely needs short hops in order to approach: Mario. Sheik, ZSS, Falcon, Pikachu, etc. can all play slow safe ground games against Ryu instead.

And on the flipside, as much as you can say, "you can't touch Ryu's shield or you lose," you can just as easily say, "Ryu can't touch your shield or he loses." Ryu has some fundamental problems in neutral that I think people are glossing over. He's good at boxing characters, but bad at baiting (besides FADC) and approaching. The hitlag on his attacks leaves him susceptible to dash-to-shield, and while his airspeed is almost Mario-level, his aerial control/ability is awful. When Ryu jumps at you, he commits to jumping at you (like in Street Fighter). It's difficult for him to bait without FADC or using up his double jump. And the top and high tiers can all capitalize on these two key weaknesses, because their neutral games are amazing by comparison.

I'm inclined to think that Ryu is upper mid tier, maybe lower high tier. He does have potential, as people keep saying, but to say that he's a top or high tier? I think day-1 hype, along with Nintendo's fantastic Street-Fighter-esque rendition of the character (which I do appreciate), is an overwhelming factor in that conclusion. He's not a fundamentally good character, and I think that people will realize this over time.
OMG SOLID IS BACK
I MISSED YOU!!!!

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I'D HAVE PREFERRED NO METROID TO THAT BLAST BALL ****

We've waited this long and we get ****ing Chibi Feds and Blast ball, huh?

Sony confirmed for best E3 presentation.

Nintendo's E3 blowing ass so far

Only thing good was Star Fox and Xenoblade X. Now I'm conflicted with deciding between buying a PS4 or Wii U. Uncharted 4 though ughhgh

warionumbah2

Smash Master
The Mario circle **** is having its 30th anniversary hazzah, surprised IT hasn't fallen off cuz Nintendo can't get enough of him. smh

gg Sony wrecked.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
That ****ing sucked hard. What a waste of time that was.

I guess Smash DLC is all they had to offer us.

PS: Any more mario **** is going to make me blow a god damn fuse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom