• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Watching grown up men reacting to fatalities is the best tbh

Then after seeing all those react videos make you (unfortunately) a little bit more accustomed to the gruesomeness and you can handle it a bit better. :^(

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
The only Mortal Kombat game I play is MK3 for the Genesis, and it's so cheesy it's funny.

I also suck, so my strategy is to spam projectiles and punches as people come at me. In case you couldn't tell, I've never beaten even the easiest difficulty setting :D

I also think the new fatalities are funny though. They remind me of the Final Destination movies, which are also funny lol.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can take fatalities because they are just so corny and ridiculous, but I have a hard time with movies like "Super" starring Rainn Wilson. That movie actually gets to me.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I can usually handle most things pretty well, but one movie that gets me every time is Quarantine 2.

During one part, a guy goes to give himself a rabies shot but he does it with a long a** needle through his eye, and it shows him slowing injecting it into his eyeball. I scream every time.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can usually handle most things pretty well, but one movie that gets me every time is Quarantine 2.

During one part, a guy goes to give himself a rabies shot but he does it with a long a** needle through his eye, and it shows him slowing injecting it into his eyeball. I scream every time.
Well that's not aimed as humor right? Just pure horror. That kind of stuff is on a different level.

I could never watch Quarantine 2 after I watched the first Boreantine movie.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Idk how people can stand fatalities. It's so disgusting and morbid like why??? They're so unnecessary too. I don't get people being able to handle it because of the whole "over the top comical" thing either bc I've played Bayonetta and that game is SO violently over the top but I still feel uneasy killing enemies. Any hint of morbidness bothers me though so I guess that's why.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Idk how people can stand fatalities. It's so disgusting and morbid like why??? They're so unnecessary too. I don't get people being able to handle it because of the whole "over the top comical" thing either bc I've played Bayonetta and that game is SO violently over the top but I still feel uneasy killing enemies. Any hint of morbidness bothers me though so I guess that's why.
Different people like different things. I don't know how you can stomach playing as trash Purple Zelda but you do it somehow.

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Well that's not aimed as humor right? Just pure horror. That kind of stuff is on a different level.

I could never watch Quarantine 2 after I watched the first Boreantine movie.
It's supposed to be horror, but that's literally the only part that's scary or too grotesque. It's not even that bad, but I'm squeamish about damage to eyes. I can watch Olympic Pain Competition but not a needle through an eye.

I guess you aren't as desensitized to violence as much as me. That's good. Keep your pure soul lol.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh yeah sure...

What was your name again?

You seem like a kelsi...
My name is Kelsie, so..
welp mystery solved

I really didn't need that mental image

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can't look at someone with red eyes without tearing up. Stupid sympathetic crying....

I guess some people (like myself) see things differently when it comes to fatalities. For me, I think it's cool if done right. Sometimes though, I can get disgusted but eh. Whatever.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
It's supposed to be horror, but that's literally the only part that's scary or too grotesque. It's not even that bad, but I'm squeamish about damage to eyes. I can watch Olympic Pain Competition but not a needle through an eye.
Is Quarantine 2 the one where they're at an airport?

Gay Ginger

Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Is Quarantine 2 the one where they're at an airport?
Yes!

Both of the movies are so bad but I watch them both at least once a year with my friends. It's an important ritual.

Same with Jeepers Creepers. I rewatch them multiple times a year xD

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Oh @ Nammy12 Nammy12 how I wish I had your photoshop skill right now
Are you trying to use reverse psychology again?

Also, all this Mortal Kombat talk makes me wonder how it would be if teachers started using as a tool for teaching about the human body.

"Now students, what part of Sub-Zero's body is Scorpion ripping out?"
"The small intestine, ma'am."

I think I need some sleep.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Welp. :facepalm:

It was really dumb of me to post that gif to CPU3 earlier. I just wanted Senpai to notice me, and I tried too hard for it. It wasn't even funny to begin with. Idc if i'm african american, that was a shock that could never be forgotten. I apologize for the rudeness Socializers (and mods). IWith that, I'm not racist, even though that's what it seemed like. Geez, the King would be disappointed. Me = dramatic :-X

Nice to know.

First time I've seen that name written like that so bonus points for you!
Yay :)

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Welp. :facepalm:

It was really dumb of me to post that gif to CPU3 earlier. I just wanted Senpai to notice me, and I tried too hard for it. It wasn't even funny to begin with. Idc if i'm african american, that was a shock that could never be forgotten. I apologize for the rudeness Socializers (and mods). IWith that, I'm not racist, even though that's what it seemed like. Geez, the King would be disappointed. Me = dramatic :-X
Good to see apologies I suppose.

I lost all my magic power trying to read it though.

Who's this senpai? And you're african american?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Good to see apologies I suppose.
I lost all my magic power trying to read it though.

Who's this senpai? And you're african american?
Yeah.

Find a bed and hop in. Your magic meter and health bar would be recharged by daylight!

Uh..., and yes sir ;)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Do you guys wish Zelda could still turn to Sheik?
I used Sheilda a lot in Brawl, so I wouldn't mind. Sheilda would be awesome in this game.

As for the Phantom talk, I actually use it semi-successfully in my playstyle. Problem is that I don't really know how to explain how I use it...so basically this was a pointless sentence. :emptysheep:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Yeah.

Find a bed and hop in. Your magic meter and health bar would be recharged by daylight!

Uh..., and yes sir ;)
I know a lot about you now.

I think I'll just drink a blue potion instead.

Only takes 3 seconds max to fully recharge.

I thought of something questionable when I read that first sentence anyway...gotta get that part of my mind fixed.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
@r_greening1 catching up on what you miss, hmm?
View attachment 55000
I was summoned. Hi. Why was I summoned o 3o​
You are the best Zelda player here. *bows* I could learn alot from you. :)

cute gif, btw.
I know a lot about you now.

I think I'll just drink a blue potion instead.

Only takes 3 seconds max to fully recharge.
I thought of something questionable when I read that first sentence anyway...gotta get that part of my mind fixed.
Get that part fix'd, pronto.

What did you think of, anyway?

Top Bottom