• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I just found out that threse is a cards against humanity clone online...too bad I have no idea how to play that game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I keep getting weird unlucky deaths in classic mode. I started a Usmash and a bob-bomb appeared right on top of me :/

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
are there any good set ups for getting a footstool with ganon? go zelda boards! you know everything about ganon, it's the perfect place to ask this

Rizen

Smash Legend
are there any good set ups for getting a footstool with ganon? go zelda boards! you know everything about ganon, it's the perfect place to ask this
IDK about "good" setups. Mostly what other characters have. Footstool ledge get-ups and be above the opponent in the air. If Ganon's near an opponent on the ground he can jump>footstool them>DownB. Most times Ganon can footstool a Dair is better.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I've had both Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. since I got my Wii U but had been spending all my time with Smash. I need a break so I've decided to grind MK8 and learn the tracks. Initial impressions are that the stages are, in general, less hazardous than MKWii's, but more focused on choosing the best path.

Despite the inclusion of space items like satellites and rockets, the new Rainbow Road is boring. The stage where you're racing in the clouds is cool though.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
so i played against this japanese dude on fg

he was actually really good, but there was something a bit odd about him...

first, i played zelda and he played palutena for the first 3 or so matches. everything normal, right?

so i go back to the character selection screen. i pick my little coin, and thinking of what character to play. i could tell, that he too was choosing, as hit portrait thing was pure white. i picked marth, and then about a second later, he picked his character, donkey kong.

so he was a pretty good dk, he won, but it was close. then back to the selection screen, i pick my coin thing. his thing goes white again. i wait a bit. select my character, pit, and within a second, he picked ganondorf. i dont know if its a bad mu for pit, but i personally hate it. he beat my about two games with him, and i was getting suspicious that he was hacking (lol) and could see what character i was playing before hand. so i tested it.

on the select screen, i picked the coin thing up. waitied, picked a character, and then he picked his about a second after. i picked it up again, waited, selected a character, and about a second later again, he picked. i kept doing this for about 30 seconds, when i picked little mac out of curiosity what hed pick. well, he picked samus, and i dont know if its because i barely play mac if at all, but he outspaced me very well, and abused his projectiles against mac.

so, next time, i picked tink. i dont know if he picked him for mu purposes or because he wanted to show his mac was better or something, but he picked mac, which id consider a bad mu for tink myself.

so what do you all think, am i tired and being paranoid (3:00 AM) or do you think this guy was legit seeing which characters i was playing. i just thought it was a bit suspicious he took his coin thing off, and picked his character right after i did. even when id pick a charscter, but changed my mind, hed do the exact thing. i dunno. just thought it was odd.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
so i played against this japanese dude on fg

he was actually really good, but there was something a bit odd about him...

first, i played zelda and he played palutena for the first 3 or so matches. everything normal, right?

so i go back to the character selection screen. i pick my little coin, and thinking of what character to play. i could tell, that he too was choosing, as hit portrait thing was pure white. i picked marth, and then about a second later, he picked his character, donkey kong.

so he was a pretty good dk, he won, but it was close. then back to the selection screen, i pick my coin thing. his thing goes white again. i wait a bit. select my character, pit, and within a second, he picked ganondorf. i dont know if its a bad mu for pit, but i personally hate it. he beat my about two games with him, and i was getting suspicious that he was hacking (lol) and could see what character i was playing before hand. so i tested it.

on the select screen, i picked the coin thing up. waitied, picked a character, and then he picked his about a second after. i picked it up again, waited, selected a character, and about a second later again, he picked. i kept doing this for about 30 seconds, when i picked little mac out of curiosity what hed pick. well, he picked samus, and i dont know if its because i barely play mac if at all, but he outspaced me very well, and abused his projectiles against mac.

so, next time, i picked tink. i dont know if he picked him for mu purposes or because he wanted to show his mac was better or something, but he picked mac, which id consider a bad mu for tink myself.

so what do you all think, am i tired and being paranoid (3:00 AM) or do you think this guy was legit seeing which characters i was playing. i just thought it was a bit suspicious he took his coin thing off, and picked his character right after i did. even when id pick a charscter, but changed my mind, hed do the exact thing. i dunno. just thought it was odd.
It's always 4:20 somewhere bro. Blaze on.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Only 1/60th of the day.

Blah. I was up most of last night than had to stay up today. Now I'm buzzed and tired but can't sleep.
Watching the cutscenes for Mortal Kombat X was fun at least.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
^Only 1/60th of the day.

Blah. I was up most of last night than had to stay up today. Now I'm buzzed and tired but can't sleep.
Watching the cutscenes for Mortal Kombat X was fun at least.
You should watch all the Snake codecs. As cute as the Pit/Palutena ones are, Snake's were more charming IMO. Probably because he's a foreigner to the universe.

Just nailed this Iggy with PK Flash two games in a row, lol. He was a good player, he also used Luigi, Charizard, and Villager. Luigi is such a pain to fight. At least Little Mac does really well against him, probably one of his best high-tier MUs.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Ew

-Playing Anther's
-Plays someone who goes Fox
-Wins first match
-He counterpicks Halberd
-"Okay, good for me"
-He picks MK
-

And then this happened:

This was hitstun cancelling with Shadow Sneak, yeah?

Raining spiders in Australia @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

yeah no, BYE
This was your arthropod fact for yesterday! Your wonderful arthropod fact for today is:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Remember when swords were slower but traded speed for better range than other characters had? Those were the days.
Yeah, aside from the wide arc it covers, there's no reason for Ike's FSmash to be as slow as it is. It might be top 10 for FSmash power (not sure, is a guess) but it's honestly not all that impressive of an attack.

Gif is courtesy of Trifroze, BTW. He seems to like pointing out how silly his character is.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I remember in Brawl Snake's Utilt had more horizontal reach than Link's Fsmash. :facepalm: Yep CF is the new Snake.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I remember in Brawl Snake's Utilt had more horizontal reach than Link's Fsmash. :facepalm: Yep CF is the new Snake.
I'm assuming that was only the first hit of Link's FSmash? I imagine the second hit would go past Snake's UTilt range.

That FSmash is such cheese though. Watch Falcon's feet, they literally slide a good distance just to increase the range.

@Space Stranger I'll Falcon ditto you any day.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Finally watched the ending for Xenoblade.

Man, am I moderately disappointed.

I'd write a more thorough opinion or impression about it, but tbh I don't want to bore people. If anyone's interested just ask :p.

YOU ARE BEING WITNESS TO GREAT GAME DESIGN

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
have you ever made a game

Kind of sad no one has watched or at least commented on my BEES video.
nope nope not watching insects first thing in the morning :v

lol falcon with snake disjoints at least he doesn't have grenades to boot.

my local falcon and I played the other day and falcons sideB missed Zelda's Fsmash because she pulled her hand away lol. Its happened before but its still funny when it happens.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I just want all yew gorls to know I luv u and I miss all your beautiful faces!

Except that one guy, what's his name?

He mained :4darkpit: and he was like the brother of @berserker. or something. I can't remember.
You like me even though I main :4darkpit:?

Mfw I wake up to my morning paper to see bugs everywhere

Anyway good morning!:happysheep:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Wait, you have notes?

How many of these lists do you have?
Lol this is my to play list
To play list: I don't do 3DS. I'll get rekt :p
@S.F.L.R_9 - shulk matchups
@ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven -pika doubles
@SpiralGalaxies - Rosie doubles
@ArcticWolf - Rosie doubles
@JMLStarHeart7 - shipping buddies
@Estel Elessar - was supposed to fight you
@Burgundy Blade - shulk matchups
@FullMoon - want to get rekt by Uber frog
@Twili - Rosie doubles
@Monado Master - shulk matchups
@Nammy12 -lol he probably won't face me :p

And I have a lot of mental notes :p

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@Twili - Rosie doubles

forgotten once again

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
hey everyone

i made a ****ty video on damage/base knockback/knockback growth/etc

pls watch

my favourite part is where zelda's jab does 999%

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Yeah, aside from the wide arc it covers, there's no reason for Ike's FSmash to be as slow as it is. It might be top 10 for FSmash power (not sure, is a guess) but it's honestly not all that impressive of an attack.
He can Fsmash me all night long

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
@Twili - Rosie doubles

needs moar kirby xp

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Ireland Power Rankings

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashIreland/permalink/1635257593355223/
Graphic: http://i.imgur.com/ZtrSaBR.png
~~~
1. Mint :rosalina:
2. maXy:4zelda: @ Macchiato Macchiato look
3. EOE :4peach:
4. Arikado :4sheik:
5. Skarfelt :4fox:
6. Koopa:4bowser:
7. MiKenyan :4megaman:
8. Berra:4falcon:
9. Adam Aplz:4pit:
10. Way :4yoshi:
11. Zangrief:4ness:
12. RyanEvi :4pacman:
13. Lythero :4link:

Power rankings may update next Saturday after our online tournament and I may also update them to include the top 15. I'm personally delighted that we don't have a single repeating character in our top 13 players and I don't believe we do after that either. To clarify, this power ranking is across all of Ireland, not just North or just the Republic or whatever.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
He can Fsmash me all night long
Gurl are we soul sisters?

@ PUK PUK I'm kinda down to 4th now since I didn't do too great at a tourney over a week ago (came 5th losing to both EOE & Mint T_T). I know I can beat EOE & Skarfelt (I need more practice at the Rosa MU though if I want to be at the top)

image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom