• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
so i'm listening to the local top 40 radio station and it keeps randomly pausing and glitching up the sound. it just got stuck on the part of Dear Future Husband where Meghan Trainor sings "Buy-buying what you need" except it only got stuck on the beginning of "Buy"

so I've been sitting here for 5 minutes listening to Meghan Trainor go "baa baa baa" like a sheep
h e l p

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Figured I'd teleport via Farore's Wind on over here and introduce myself but all I see is a ton of gifs about stuff I don't even know about. Maybe in 7 years things will look different.

For anyone who cares, I love using Zelda in Melee and (thanks to that purple/OoT costume) Smash 4 so I know all the pain and struggles that you have to endure to get those satisfying KO's via Lightning Kicks, Uair, :zeldamelee:/:zelda:Utilt, forward and down smashes among other things.

You might see me here on occasion so look forward to that.

(And please don't hate me for liking Ocarina Zelda the most.)
Hey new gorl ! OoT Zelda is my favorite as well ! Well, mostly anyways. Alttp & now Hyrule Warriors Zelda probably beated her in my ranking.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Figured I'd teleport via Farore's Wind on over here and introduce myself but all I see is a ton of gifs about stuff I don't even know about. Maybe in 7 years things will look different.

For anyone who cares, I love using Zelda in Melee and (thanks to that purple/OoT costume) Smash 4 so I know all the pain and struggles that you have to endure to get those satisfying KO's via Lightning Kicks, Uair, :zeldamelee:/:zelda:Utilt, forward and down smashes among other things.

1. Ocarina Zelda is trash
2. Could you maybe consider changing your font color?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Absolutely nubbish Melee question:

Does anyone else have trouble C-sticking smash attacks? I missed several opportunities last night to punish attacks with Dsmash because it just didn't respond. I know my controller is fine because I use that same controller in Sm4sh and it's perfect.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady

Does anyone else have trouble C-sticking smash attacks? I missed several opportunities last night to punish attacks with Dsmash because it just didn't respond. I know my controller is fine because I use that same controller in Sm4sh and it's perfect.
It's kinda the opposite for me. In Brawl / Project M / Sm4sh my GC controller seems to not respond well whereas it works just fine in Melee. No clue why though.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Maybe I'll understand on May 29th when they release a Sponge weapon as DLC...
oh wait, splatoon.
You mean Ika Musume the Shooter Game featuring Squidward Tortellini and Ikachan?

D

Deleted member

Hola, amigo! Welcome to the sisterhood! You'll have lots of fun here. :zeldamelee:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

Inputs need to be way, way more precise in Melee. Smash 4 has a 10 frame buffer system which Melee doesn't have.

:227:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Don't worry everyone here is pretty nice. Guys I think zelda social is almost at it's prime again! (Without the squid people..D:)
Maybe they should do a raid on the Smash 4 Social.
:4wario2::4wario::4wario2::4wario::4wario2::4wario:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I always forget that most people in this thread are way younger than me, it makes me feel old. :-(
Welcome to the club, mate.

If this is how I get treated than you won't see me here anymore.
Don't pay much mind to that kinda thing. Some of the girls here are pretty rough around the edges, but they don't mean any harm :p. Make yourself comfortable, and welcome!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Jestar Jestar Oh hi! Welcome to the *best* character social. :bluejump:

I don't really care what palette you use, lol.
red is best tho

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If this is how I get treated than you won't see me here anymore.
Don't worry about him, he doesn't understand the Word of the :4falcon:

If he acts up, send him my way. He'll be okay after I send him a weeks worth of readings based on the Way of the Falcon. :4falcon:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
You know the feeling when you see a gif war and you're looking for the perfect gif in your (cluttered) files, but by the time you find it it's irrelevant 'cause the war's already over ?

Story of my life.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You know the feeling when you see a gif war and you're looking for the perfect gif in your (cluttered) files, but by the time you find it it's irrelevant 'cause the war's already over ?

Story of my life.

That's why you do what I do and start up another one! :4wario:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
This video is GREAT. Four of the best female comedians gather up casually to celebrate Julia Louis's "last f*ckable day," because, you know, she's now too old to be taken seriously as an attractive woman by Hollywood standards.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'll let that one hate message slide than since second changes and all.

But if it happens again...
I always like to see if new people get my very abrasive sense of humor. We like to pretend that we're each perfecT in our way of Zelda. Also,

TO TUE DARK PIT TIER!!!!!

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I always like to see if new people get my very abrasive sense of humor. We like to pretend that we're each perfecT in our way of Zelda. Also,

TO TUE DARK PIT TIER!!!!!
All is forgiven. And what does "prefect in our way of Zelda" mean? Same with the dark pit tier.

Also do you know any lighter shades of blue? I just put "blue" and this is what I got.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I gots me an SD card. Time go

On people! ... Except I don't think you can play online... Er... I think. Welp, time to practice my RAR Bairs and become Bair O'Barrell. :p

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Random thought but this might have been the only game where Sheilda might have worked and been balanced (basing this off of 1.06 Zelda and 1.06 Sheik)

Of course the only game where it might have worked is the only game where Sakurai removed Transform

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Random thought but this might have been the only game where Sheilda might have worked and been balanced (basing this off of 1.06 Zelda and 1.06 Sheik)

Of course the only game where it might have worked is the only game where Sakurai removed Transform
Don't worry bud, we have a blind phantom to replace a ninja with kill problems. Sakurai can only fail so many times, he is sure to get it right next time!

Edit: Sakurai was honestly being lazy. He could have tied their transform to a taunt like Kirby's power removal. Zelda and Sheik's down taunt would have been perfect for this.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Not having Bouncing Fish would have probably hurt Sheik a lot, though!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Don't worry bud, we have a blind phantom to replace a ninja with kill problems. Sakurai can only fail so many times, he is sure to get it right next time!
Speaking of Phantoms, when did you add that one part in your guide about using the Phantom effectively? The diagrams helped me out some. :)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Before people get ideas about me I don't hate any of Zelda's designs through out the years. I just like OoT Zelda the most.

@ Rickster Rickster I'm going to assume "don't care" means you don't have a problem with whatever color I use and not my first reaction (which wasn't good).

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
All is forgiven. And what does "prefect in our way of Zelda" mean? Same with the dark pit tier.

Also do you know any lighter shades of blue? I just put "blue" and this is what I got.
Don't worry sis, literally no one else knows what I'm talking about. One of these days you'll all be in the Dark Pit tier while I chill with Fuujin in Zelda tier.

Ahhhh, the dream.

Top Bottom