• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda/Sheik Switching

stoneswithstand

Smash Apprentice
Zelda is my main and very best
Every time i play as her my best friend alwayssssss criticizes me for not switching to Sheik
Apparantly I have to start as sheik, rack up damage, switch to Zelda, than KO the opponent instead of maining one of them. And everytime I try, the transformation is too long and Sheik isnt really my style of playing
And Zelda takes absolutely no skill according to him. He always goes "OOOH look who decided to use skill" when I transform to sheik

stoneswithstand

Smash Apprentice
lol hes just a sore loser
he says all this as I sweetspot him or as hes flying in the background after an up-a

So no switching in Brawl right?

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Do what works. He's just looking for a way to take advantage of you so he can win. Think of it as another form of mindgames.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
your friend is being a "scrub" and you don't listen to scrubs. You proceed to beat the living hell out of them.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
You have to hit him away then transform, not transform randomly. For example, use Sheik's d-smash at 90+% or f-smash (if you want both hits), or anything like it that knocks them decently away. Then transform as soon as you can. If they DO reach you before its up, then hold down shield (I hold down shield anyway) and roll away as fast as you can.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Oh the irony...

People used to be criticized (by scrubs, of course) for not changing to Zelda in Melee, and sticking with Sheik the entire game. Your friend is just a scrub. There's no set rules that you have to switch, or which character you must use at which time. Just use whichever one you like more.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I agree with everyone who's spoken so far.

Your friend is just a sore loser. Play who you're comfortable with. Maybe he should try playing Zelda so he can see how "easy" it is in this game to sweetspot ANYTHING with the princess.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Zelda isn't even broken... Your friend is just johning because he can't get around a single character.

smit_ massacre

Smash Rookie
lol switching to Sheik...

DownB might as well be Zelda's worst move. Don't listen to your friend, he clearly is just a sore loser and tell him to stop whining and try harder. If he didnt suck so bad he wouldn't want you to switch to Shiek so bad.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Calling Zelda DownB her worst move is pretty extreme Smit as Sheik can much easier rack up damage and on a good selection of characters have a easier time edge guarding then just useing Zelda'a dim fire or up smash.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I prefer Sheik, but that doesn't mean I think Zelda users are ********. Sheik is just my style. What your friend is doing just isn't cool.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
While there is a case for using Sheik to rack up damage and then landing the kill with Zelda, if it doesn't suit your play style, it just doesn't suit your play style. Also, Down + B is a very risky move nowadays.

And at any rate, I have to agree with what everyone else has said. If he's complaining that landing the SWEETSPOT is too EASY after it was made harder to land from Melee, there is simply no way around it, he's just a sore loser. I don't care how much anyone flames me, you can't convince me the sweetspot lightning kick is too easy to land. Just ain't happening.

Aeothera

Smash Rookie
Your friend is just making excuses. Don't worry. I believe Zelda is much better than Shiek in Brawl anyways.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I agree ryazan. I love playing as shiek, and i'll occasionally switch to zelda to finish someone off. But I usually stick with shiek no matter what my friends/opponents say.

nightSN

Smash Ace
sheeshh its your choice. i find zelda much better though (: but really thats how they should be played from a noobs point of view

Top Bottom