• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda for Doubles Teams

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
O.K. mainly due to Din's fire, I'd say Zelda is a pretty good addition to any doubles team, but I was wondering who you guys thought is the best teammate for Zelda. I'm thinking either Lucas, Ness, MK, Marth. One of those, but I'm not sure

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
GaW, GaW, GAFREAKINW

Seriously. 3 Din's Fires=instant kill bucket. Whenever your teammate is in trouble, send one his way, if he's smart, he'll bucket, they'll get hit, and he gets a +1 to ****.

Lucas/Ness are also nice, since Din's Fire heals for 20%.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Lucas/Ness are also nice, since Din's Fire heals for 20%.
Umm.. sort of..
Din's has a damage proportional to the distance it's traveled.

It will heal for different amounts depending on how close or far away the lucas is.
The flip side to this, is that if he's right next to you then you can shoot more dins, more quickly.

I've also tried messing with counter characters.. such as ike/marth/lucario.
Send a din's to hit the opponent and your partner at the same time, and have your partner do a counter attack.. This way even if the opponent shields the dins, your partner will auto attack right afterwards..

The problem is trying to shoot a dins in the middle of a combat zone.. it's very difficult to time right, because you have to deal with people trying to attack you at the same itme.

With your scenario, more likely what would happen is G&W Buckets, the opponent HITS game and watch out of the bucket, and then both of them get hit by dins.. leaving G&W on the short end of the stick, and the opponent has avoiding a +1 bucket ****

S2

Smash Lord
I was playing teams with Zelda the other day and I found something useful for managing Din's. This is just 1 strat in a million, so take it as you will.

If you have a partner, make an understanding that you will always shoot Din's past them. So if they see you throwing a Din's in their direction, they can camp their spot while the Din's goes pas t them to explode on an opponent. This has edge-guarding applications as a recovering opponent now has to deal with your Din's and someone waiting on the edge who isn't channeling a spell.

Also, if your being left alone, you can toss out Din's and try for opportunities to just hit your enemies. Remember that you can false Din's (purposely miss by directing it away) if you risk hitting your partner.

These were just observations, I was playing with some random guy since I didnt' come with a double partner.

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
When I was playing with my brother's friends it was me and his metaknight and it actually worked really well...actually too well. He'd wrap everyone in tornado and Dins would deal damage and somehow never hurt him.....pretty much he racked up the damage and I used the kill moves o.o

GhosTim14

Smash Cadet
When I was playing with my brother's friends it was me and his metaknight and it actually worked really well...actually too well. He'd wrap everyone in tornado and Dins would deal damage and somehow never hurt him.....pretty much he racked up the damage and I used the kill moves o.o

LOL I have seen that done and it is sooooooo messed up.

Anyway I think mk, would be a great partner for zelda b/c zelda is slow and strong and mk is fast and somewhat weak. (killing move wise)

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
LOL I have seen that done and it is sooooooo messed up.

Anyway I think mk, would be a great partner for zelda b/c zelda is slow and strong and mk is fast and somewhat weak. (killing move wise)
Yeah, the two work very well! Later I partnered up with a Pit player but the result was completely different than I had expected...ended up killing Pit more than I should have..haha...

My brother mains Peach so we tried teaming up also but it wasn't as good as I'd like it to have been. Though Dins -> toad is pretty decent.

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
um is it a norm to play with friendly fire on? because everytime i see a team thread it's Zelda hitting your teammate with Din's Fire. I was wondering b/c my friend and i dont play with team attack on. Anyhow, Zelda's best team mate is MK. Trap them in the tornado and Zelda can din's all day. As long as MK is in the middle and Zelda is behind him nothing will penetrate that shield.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
since when was FF a standard and why?
Because it takes more skill and requires less spam.

It's stupid to see a jiggly puff charge up and roll across the screen THROUGH his partner, back and forth twice and then kill you. Or to have dins be spammed skilllessly into the middle of a combat zone and not hurt your teammate.

Personally I get more enjoyment out of trying to surgically position my dins and only hit the opponents. Zelda's moves demand precision and this is also where the fun comes in.

The sonic spring stall is a gimic and NO way should you base a team around it IMO.
No two opponents are going to let you just sit there and spam dins anyway.

Zelda is AMAZING for double teams.
This will shine through as time goes on..

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
BTW if anyone cares, my 2v2 team is Zelda and Ike.
It works really well, because both of us do a ton of damage and KO really early.

Well.. that and my Ike partner is one of the top players.
Nowhere on the board is safe haha.

My Zelda is a no-nonsense killing machine these days.. and Ike .. well jesus Ike hits hard.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ike gets gimped to hell and back. Unless you're teaming with Azen, you should try and hook up with a GaW player. Seriously, GaW is gonna take Zelda away from Link.

since when was FF a standard and why?
Since SSB64. Double Fox, laser spam, GGs everyone else. Also, without FF on, you can't go and save your teammate when they've been hit off the stage by hitting them back on.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Ike gets gimped to hell and back. Unless you're teaming with Azen, you should try and hook up with a GaW player. Seriously, GaW is gonna take Zelda away from Link.
I don't know Azen.. but yeah, my partners ike is insane.

I remember thinking that Ike absolutely destroyed Zelda for the longest time, but eventually I came to find out I was just playing against one of the top Ikes over and over again lol.

Made a little more sense afterwards about why I kept losing.
His ike will also demolish Metaknights lol, which is supposed to be a counter for his 'slow' character.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I'm east coast, and he is little bit west of me .. i guess mideast
I don't think he posts here.. he's on gamefaqs some now and then

Quick_Shot72

Smash Rookie
It may sound strange but i found cap Faclon and Zelda are a really good team. the idea is to stick together and have zelda up smash, and Falcon will falcon punch them right out of it.

Im sure it's not the best choice in partner, but it works and rather well... (if the falcon is good that is.)

Awkward Sauce

Smash Rookie
Although this is my first post... I do doubles with my good friend who mains Ness. My Dins allows me to heal him and also provides knock back protection when he is trying to heal. Our system works pretty well.

My partner is Cazcom. We are both from the Seattle, Washington area.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Link and Zelda FTW. Don't they seem like the perfect couple? lol Link's balance and Zelda's grace ( plus the option to change to Sheik is there also for good mix-up tactic.) Classic doubles team. That's just me. I'm a Link mainer, and Zelda/Sheik is my second, so it's only naturally biased of me.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
Link and Zelda FTW. Don't they seem like the perfect couple? lol Link's balance and Zelda's grace ( plus the option to change to Sheik is there also for good mix-up tactic.) Classic doubles team. That's just me. I'm a Link mainer, and Zelda/Sheik is my second, so it's only naturally biased of me.
That actually sounds kind of horrible, and I would be worried about the gale boomerange accidently killing Zelda.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
That actually sounds kind of horrible, and I would be worried about the gale boomerange accidently killing Zelda.
Oh no you didn't *snap snap* Jk :p. Only way you really could kill her with the Gale boomerang would be if you threw it straight at her while she was using Din's. Which why would you do that in the first place (unless to save her)? lol. Really though Zelda and Link as a team totally kickass but...I don't think they're the best to complement eachother. Well maybe, she could try to save him on recovery with DF (though that leaves you open and you could end up killing him). He can also block her from projectile spammers sorta, so she can use Din's.

Anyway as a good partner maybe Snake cause he's super strong as well. NL can help you avoid his projectiles just gotta watch out for the C4 and mines. Ike, yeah he's pretty good he's strong setting up into his smashes would be killer. sFoster and Ren pick them and they have awesome team work strategies. And pretty much any of the fast characters. To make up for Zelda's speed. Toon Link, Meta knight, etc. I dunno these are just my opinions. Maybe I was just trying to make up excuses cause I like most of the people I mentioned hehe.

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
Finally tried teams for the first time yesterday and I second the potent Zelda/Ness combo. Zelda's my main and Ness is my friend's and we were fantastic together. A bit more practice with DF and absorption and we'd be much better. The great thing about having a partner as well though is Ness keeps the other guys preoccupied with PK fire or something else, then I Lightning Kick them.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
The Zelda/Ness combo is pretty close to cheating. I'd have to counterpick Olimar, and use fire pikmin, gimp Ness, and distract Zelda.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
I'm Awkard Sauce's Partner, and I just want to confirm how amazing the combo is. A couple reasons they work so well together:

- The obvious advantage of healing. This works in nearly any situation, and building up a natural knowledge of when zelda is going to heal you works wonders.
- edge guarding. Ness can jump off the edge and edge guard, while zelda can DF. It works some really good mind games, and ness can either heal, or take the KO the opponent.
- Zelda's UpSmash times perfectly for a PKT2 to come around and hit the enemy just as they exit.
- Zelda has a difficult recovery, and can often end up under stages, or just missing the ledge. I can't count how many times a quick PKT has saved my partner from being gimped.
- Zelda can negate a lot of accidental hit like the back half of a PKT2 or a pkf. You can even work in some tricky PKT tricks with NL.
- And of course, the Zelda + Ness infinite is always awesome.

The only other characters that come close to working that well with ness are pit, lucas, or another ness.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Zelda and Link team sounds fun, but I don't think it's really effective.

Also, Gale Boomering killing Zelda when she's using Din's Fire is pretty funny. I think there's a video of that somewhere on youtube. It's hilarious.

ElectroBlooper

Smash Cadet
I'm just brainstorming, but I would think Zelda + Falco = Campers from Hell.

Falco's laser > pretty much any ground approach and Din > pretty much any aerial approach. Also, the hitstun from Falco's laser would set up pretty easily for a Din's. On top of that, both Zelda and Falco can both reflect any counter projectiles. I haven't thought about it, but they'd probably complement each other pretty well when not spamming as well so this combination makes sense to me.

Kaze127

Smash Rookie
my teammate, (not on smashbaords yet) is a really good lucas player as well. its a great team, allthough id like to play awith someone who plays a good GW

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
The reason Zelda is so amazing at doubles is because of her teleport.

As soon as you see an opponent high enough damage to kill, you can teleport through everybody else to the other side of the map - and then kill them.

Most other characters have more difficultly, and take more time to move around the level.
Zelda is a killing machine.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
im i would recommend lucas from those guys because healing = awesome and lucas can rack up damage fast and zelda is the ko chick;)
you heard this from a marth main:)

Darth_Sententia

Smash Rookie
im actually on 2 teams. one i play with a lucas player, it works great, he lives forever! the other one i play with a DDD. he doesnt gain anythng from dins like the mother kids, or GW but it seems to work alright. if your playing with an Ike, his recovery shouldnt be too bad, let him side-B as close as he can, and throw a dins at him so he can up-B

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
The reason Zelda is so amazing at doubles is because of her teleport.

As soon as you see an opponent high enough damage to kill, you can teleport through everybody else to the other side of the map - and then kill them.

Most other characters have more difficultly, and take more time to move around the level.
Zelda is a killing machine.
No, it's because of Dins fire. Teleport is predictable anyways.

Top Bottom